Happy Friday everyone!!! Books have been keeping me company this week and changing my headspace from the horrible mess-up I did on my cute new table I just bought… Wanna hear what I did? I posted about it on Facebook… (and got lots of moral support, clever ideas, and of course, laughs – because I mean… who DOES that? ME. That’s who). 😛 Okay, so…
That one time, when you get a cute wood side table from Amazon and you build it. And you’re so proud!!! And it looks so good and matches everything. And you stand there and beam at it.
Then… a couple of days later, you (mistake #1) drop something on it, and it messes the finish just a little bit. GASP!!! It’s BARELY noticeable but not perfect, and you like perfect, and can fix it, right? RIGHT!
So you try and fix it, and (mistake #2) you make it SO much worse, and now… a part of the finish is missing. GONE. 😫 It’s still not the end of the world, but noticeable and you’re sure if you had the right products, you can bring it back… to original.
And then you buy “finish markers” and try (mistake #3) and fix it, and try and try and OMG it’s too dark and there’s a ring where the original finish SUCKS IT RIGHT IN, and you take it all off and try again and it just got bigger… and now, it looks like a toxic waste zone. <— click it to see what it looks like now (and yes, I am currently covering it with a place mat) 🤭😮🤬
Yeah. Don’t do that. Leave mistake #1 as is, and walk away. WALK. AWAY.
*sigh* *shakes head*
And now without further ado…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Twisted Marriage by Alessandra Torre <— LIVE!! ALESSANDRA TORRE DUET CONCLUSION ALERT!! Must read book #1 first (Filthy Vows). Married couple and she has a fantasy…
Daffy: The first one was HOT!!!!
Junis: OMG it’s soooo HOT!
- Dreams of 18 by Saffron A. Kent <— GASP!! HER BEST FRIEND’S DAD & HE HATES HER!!! Nancy found it for us!! 😀 “...On her eighteenth birthday, she got drunk and threw herself at him, causing a huge scandal in their sleepy suburban town. Now everyone thinks she’s a slut and he has disappeared. Rumor has it that he’s been living up in the mountains of Colorado, all alone and in isolation. But Violet is going to make it right. She’s going to find him and bring him back. No matter how cruel and mean he is, how much he hurts her with his cold-hearted and abrasive ways, she won’t give up...”
- The Good in Goodbye (The Lisa Millar Series Book 2) by Lasairiona McMaster
- Just a King: A Secret Romance by Tabatha Kiss
- The Troop: A Novel by Nick Cutter <— SUPER-BARGAIN HORROR ALERT!! Kat is my fellow creepy-book lover and she found us this deal! P.S. Stephen King said it scared the hell out of him!!! THE SCOUT’S AND THEIR USUAL COMFORTING CAMPING TRIP… “...when an unexpected intruder stumbles upon their campsite—shockingly thin, disturbingly pale, and voraciously hungry—Tim and the boys are exposed to something far more frightening than any tale of terror. The human carrier of a bioengineered nightmare…“
Kat: Sounds perfect for October on sale…
R. Renee: My readers group is going ballistic over Perfect Strangers by J.T. Geissinger. Thinking of reading it next (whenever I start reading again).
Robyn: This was an amazing book.
- Her Brazilian Billionaire (One Sultry Summer Book 1) by Lori Wilde <— LIVE!!!
- Royal Disaster by M.C. Cerny <— LIVE!!!
- Winter King: Steamy Fantasy Romance (The Wyth Courts Book 1) by JS Dark <— LIVE!!!
- Temptation Series by Ella Frank <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT & RENO LOVES THIS SERIES like crazy!! I posted Ella Frank’s “Confessions” series (book #6 is going live this month) and in response Reno commented:
Reno: I just have to tell you that I have read literally thousands of books and while I enjoyed this series, your Temptations series is hands down the best books I have ever read. So well written, entertaining and endearing. Those characters have stayed with me for years and I just wanted you to know that. People can always stand to hear some good. Have a great day! 😊
- Mine by Courtney Cole <— STILL SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED and we have even more feedback ’cause Melinda’s BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR!
Melinda: I have just read the best book. It’s called “Mine” by Courtney Cole. Best book I have read all year. Loved every minute of it.
Maryse: GASP!!! I just one-clicked that one last week. YAY!!! Thank you Melinda. This one sounds right up my alley.
Melinda: Maryse, you have to read it. I will give you a teaser. Imagine going through your husbands iPad and finding nude photos of another woman!!! Then pretending to be Ethan the husband, messaging Lindsay the other woman, saying the house is empty, come over. She gets there, a note saying meet me In the bedroom. Only the husband Ethan isn’t home. So who is? It’s sooo good.
- Necromancer Academy: Book 1 by Lindsey R. Loucks <— HER BROTHER WAS KILLED & SHE WANTS REVENGE… “...This fall, Dawn will scrap her admission to the prestigious White Magic Academy. She’ll trade sparkly healing charms and bright dresses for death charms and black cloaks. She’ll melt into the shadowy halls of Necromancer Academy. And she will have her revenge…”
- Notting Hill in the Snow by Jules Wake <— LIVE!!! I LOVE this gorgeous cover…
- One Last Time? (Bad Boy Bachelors of Orange County Book 1) by Khardine Gray <— LIVE!!!
- Sweet Retribution: A Dark High School Bully Romance (Rydeville High Elite Book 3) by Siobhan Davis
- The Minx Who Met Her Match (The Brethren Book 4) by Christi Caldwell
- Becoming His Mistress by A.E. Murphy <— LIVE!!! THE OTHER WOMAN ALERT!! And she has OCD… “…Everything has a place and Rose likes it that way. It must be that way. But even her quirks aren’t enough to keep her in her lane and away from temptation. No matter how hard she tries to fight a detour in her life’s perfect navigation system. She doesn’t like-like her boss. Not one bit. He belongs with his wife…”
- Game Over (On the Wild Side Book 1) by Cheryl Douglas <— LIVE!!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Harper had been used, abused and tattooed. Literally. Her first love, Deke, dumped her. Her ex-fiancée cheated on her, and she’d been reduced to sharing a shoebox apartment with her bestie. Not that she was complaining. A shoebox beat a park bench any day. But she needed a job. Money. Hell, she needed a new life. What she didn’t need was her ex-boyfriend to ride in on his white horse, make that Harley, with the answers to her prayers. But it was hard to kick a gift horse in the teeth, especially when he was ripped, inked, and rich. Oh, and claiming to be in love with her…“
- Finally Yours (Love & Wine Book 1) by Claire Raye <— LIVE!!! SHE THINKS HE’S A NIGHTMARE!! “...As much as Lauren isn’t thrilled to see him, Jack is ready to prove that Tim Tams aren’t the only good thing to come from the Land Down Under. He may have been an arrogant kid when they met, but time has been good to him, because now he has the looks to back it up…“
- Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals Book 3) by Kaylee Ryan <— LIVE!!! HOW DO YOU PICK UP THE PIECES? “...How do you pick up the pieces and keep moving forward? One breath. One second. One minute. One hour. One day at a time, you learn to live with your unexpected fall...”
- Christmas Kisses: A Holiday Romance Collection
- The Mogul and the Muscle: A Bluewater Billionaires Romantic Comedy by Claire Kingsley <— LIVE!!
- Robyn loves these, AND is looking for more Assassin books!! So if you have a recommendation for her, let us know, and I’ll start a new list. 😀
Robyn: I’m rereading JA Redmerski’s In the Company of Killers series. I am so in love with these books even though I’ve read them so many times. There is just something about assassins and their mates that hook me. I love this trope! We should make a list Maryse!
My other favorite assassin books are Lea Griffiths, No Mercy series. Annnnd….it just happens I messaged LG and the next book Kiss of the Blade is hopefully coming out in December if not January. I am beyond excited! SQUEEEEE! Annnnnd….I learned there will be a fifth book in the series! OMG! You guys have to read both these series, they are that good! I need more assassin books stat!
- Maple Sugar Crush (An Autumnboro Sweet Romance Book 2) by Beth Labonte <— SHE WON THE LOTTERY & DATING IS DIFFICULT (and her family tries to fix her up)… “…When Josie’s family turns up in Autumnboro, faking a relationship with funeral planner Riley Parker seems like the only way to make it through the holiday. Like every other man on Earth, Riley’s only interested in her money. So what if she has a teeny, tiny crush? If he agrees to help her out, she’ll gladly write him a check. But as Thanksgiving draws closer, turkey and stuffing aren’t the only things heating up, and maybe money isn’t the only thing on Riley’s mind...”
- Pour Judgment by Heather Orgeron <— THE LATEST BY Heather Orgeron IS LIVE!!! She wants nothing to do with the rock star lifestyle… “…Until a weekend of booze and bad decisions at camp Pour Judgment finds her fake-engaged to country music’s most notorious bad boy, Rhett Taylor, and completely at his mercy. You see, Korie Potter’s also got a dream, and her new “fiancé” just may have the connections to make it come true…”
- Saving Meghan: A Novel by D.J. Palmer <— PSYCH-THRILLER WITH GREAT REVIEWS & I JUST ONE-CLICKED IT ’cause it’s on sale (US & CA)!!! YAY ME!!! “Some would say Becky Gerard is a devoted mother and would do anything for her only child. Others, including her husband Carl, claim she’s obsessed and can’t stop the vicious circle of finding a cure at her daughter’s expense...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Awk-Weird (Ice Knights Book 2) by Avery Flynn – October 14th 2019
- Fast Lane by Kristen Ashley – October 15th 2019
- Love Kills (Lilah Love Book 4) by Lisa Renee Jones – October 15th 2019
- Reaper: A Demonica Novel by Larissa Ione – October 15th 2019
- War Girls by Tochi Onyebuchi – October 15th 2019
- A Lie for a Lie (All In Book 1) by Helena Hunting – October 15th 2019
- Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy Book 1) by Devney Perry – October 19th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).