HAPPY FRIDAY!! Looking for something to read for the weekend? What about one of these? Some just went live in the last 24 hours (and caught my attention), and some are reader recommendations and/or tearing up Amazon’s “Movers & Shakers” charts, skyrocketing!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔ Two months of Kindle Unlimited for a super-deal (or one month free trial)!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
- Two A Day (The Girlfriend Playbook Book 1) by Lauren Blakely <— LIVE!! LAUREN BLAKELY’S LATEST! FOOTBALL STAR & SHE’S IN CHARGE OF HANDLING HIS REPUTATION, BUT WHOOOOOPS!! “...the thing is I’m the team lawyer for The Mercenaries. And the morning after the sexiest night of my life, I find out the guy I plan to see again was just traded to our team. Dating the brand spanking new star quarterback? Off-limits. Especially when my boss blindsides me with this twist – I’m in charge of managing his reputation…”
- Heartless: A Small Town Single Dad Romance by Elsie Silver <— LIVE!!
- Wear Something Red Anthology by Suzanne Wright <— LIVE!! ANTHOLOGY!! “…Welcome to the Vault, an exclusive 24-hour club frequented by the rich and famous that caters to many tastes. If you venture down to the infamous basement, there’s one very important rule to follow: In the event that you find yourself officially claimed by a club member, you’d better wear something red…”
- Beautiful Graves by L.J Shen <— RECENT RELEASE & BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE ROCHELLE LOVED THIS ONE!!
Rochelle: I love her writing. Beautiful Graves was beautiful!
- Never Falling: A Best Friend’s Brother Romance (The True Love Club Book 2) by J. S. Cooper <— LIVE!! HER BEST FRIEND’S BROTHER!! “…there was this one text message, that lead to a phone call, which lead to me getting drunk and proceeding to give him the not-so-sexy lap dance. I’m not sure exactly where I’m headed, but as long as it brings me closer to him, I’m going for it...”
- Brutal Heir: A Dark Mafia Romance by Piper Stone <— LIVE!!
- Taming Raptor: RBMC: Dallas, TX by Kristine Allen <— LIVE!!
- Forbidden Love Still Blooms: A Forbidden Romance Novel by Nora Flite <— AGE GAP & NANCY 5-STAR LOVED THIS ONE!!
Nancy: My 5* Review:
I previously have read quite a few books by Nora Flite. But nothing like this book…
…quite steamy with touches of darkness thrown in. I would call it a Psychological & Thriller Book. It is an adult book with mystery and angst. It is one of those books that you won’t want to put down till you know what happens. This is a standalone.
- Retreat: A Dark Menage Romance (Loki Renard’s Standalone Dark Contemporary Romances) by Loki Renard <— LIVE!!! SHE’S ON A RETREAT BUT THEY DEMAND SUBMISSION! “…I really need to get away from it all, so I sign up for a remote retreat. I barely pay attention to the details, something about inner peace and self-discipline. Blah blah. Whatever. When I get off the boat, I expect to be met by some chill monks. Instead, I’m greeted by two hot ex-military men who run their remote meditation center like a boot camp…”
- Christmas with You by Amy Stephens <— LIVE!!!
- No Matter What by Jennifer Carr <— LIVE!!!
- Married to a Pirate: A Dark Fantasy Romance (Romancing the Seas Book 1) by Athena Rose
- Darkened Wings (Academy of the Ravens Book 1) by Mazzy J. March <— LIVE!! REVERSE HAREM & HER PARENTS ARE DEAD AND USED TO PROTECT HER… “...I have to protect my raven at all costs. She’s not like the others. And my parents said the world would hunt me down for her feathers. Life was easy when they were alive. They helped to protect me from the hunters, but now that they are gone, there is nothing left. The bank took everything, and I have no money to my name. My life was hopeless until someone shows up, claiming there’s a safe place to go. A place where I can learn to protect myself from everyone...”
- MONY READ THESE!!
Mony: Recent books I’ve read…needed some fun reads 🙂
Steministas novella series by Aly Hazelwood – re-reads. I love this series! All of the books have an h who works in the STEM world, and guys who are hot, hot, hot, taaall, kinda awkward, quiet & some times grumpy. My favourite trope. 🙂
- Under One Roof – 3.5-4★
- Stuck with You – 5★
- Below Zero – 4★
Trust (Cafe series) by Jana Aston – another re-read. Liked it even better this time around. Not your usual CR. We get the H’s POV throughout the story and he is witty, sexy funny, a great guy. Loved it. 5★
Awk-Weird (Ice Knights #2) by Avery Flynn – a great hockey romance. The characters make the story – a quirky trivia-mad, h and a Thor-lookalike hockey guy. Story is about a post-one-nighter pregnancy and how they cope & change over time. Funny, sometimes emotional, BBF. 5★
- A Slow Fire Burning: A Novel Paula Hawkins <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN!! On Amazon’s movers & shakers list today! “…When a young man is found gruesomely murdered in a London houseboat, it triggers questions about three women who knew him. Laura is the troubled one-night-stand last seen in the victim’s home. Carla is his grief-stricken aunt, already mourning the recent death of yet another family member. And Miriam is the nosy neighbor clearly keeping secrets from the police. Three women with separate connections to the victim. Three women who are – for different reasons – simmering with resentment...”
- The Sweetest Oblivion (Made Book 1) Danielle Lori <— THIS ONE IS ON AMAZON’S MOVERS & SHAKERS LIST & bev enjoyed them!
bev: I read two mafia books back to back this weekend. Romance YouTube has been into them right now, but I honestly rarely like them. But these were on KU and thought I’d give them a try.
I really liked them. Not too OTT or cheesy which I sometimes find in this genre…
Anyway, these two I read had heroine’s I really liked which I think is why I liked them so much. Liking the heroine’s is such a big thing for me. Dual povs bust mostly the h with the heroes’ sprinkled about.
As much as I rooted for the heroines’ happiness I still felt bad for them because they are stuck in those life that doesn’t treat women that well (though one hundred percent over protective heroes) and the author doesn’t sugar coat that.
Anyway the books are The Sweetest Oblivion and The Maddest Obsession by Danielle Lori.
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER (one month free trial) 😀
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Two A Day (The Girlfriend Playbook Book 1) by Lauren Blakely
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
(You can also check out all of October 2022’s romance releases here)
- It Starts with Us: A Novel by Colleen Hoover – October 18th 2022
- The Teacher of Nothing by K Webster – October 18th 2022
- The Ripper: A Dark, Stalker Romantic Suspense (Twisted Legends Collection) by Alexandra Silva – October 31st 2022
➔➔➔ Looking for more book releases? Check out the upcoming new releases here or check out the latest new releases here.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!
Dangerous Love by Riley Edwards is free. If you like military romance action stories, this is a good one to read.