BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! :D!!! The latest book, Heartbreak Warfare, co-written by one of my FAVORITE authors ever (Kate Stewart) IS LIVE!!!! ➔ ➔ ➔ ➔
I hear this one will be MEGA-SUPER-UBER-ANGSTY just like I love (boy can she tear my heart out!!) AND now I get to discover Heather M. Orgeron’s writing too!! YAY ME!!! YAY US!!!!!
“…I thought the nightmare was over when they pulled us from that hole in the ground, but nothing could have prepared me for the war I’d face at home.
I know it’s selfish of me to ask, but, please, I have to see you one last time. . .”
Today’s Friday Finds is kind of… themed (and fun!!). 😉 Discussions has been ongoing in the comments section here about the 2018 Goodreads Choice Awards, and what we’ve been voting for!! So I highlighted a bunch here.
P.S. I’ll be adding to this list throughout the day, so keep checking back.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Cards of Love: Knight of Swords by Autumn Jones Lake <— LIVE!!! HE’S BROKEN… “Tragic. Both our lives were soaked in tragedy from day one. Reckless. I ignored the people who warned me he was dead inside. Truth. He was as broken as I was. Strength. Together, we’d heal our hearts and stitch together our souls.
- LuLLaY: Portland ME, a Christmas Novella by Freya Barker <— LIVE!!! STRANGERS HAVE TO RIDE OUT THE STORM TOGETHER “…They’ve never met, but their paths run in the same direction—home for the holidays. Yet their reasons for leaving are as different as the reasons they return. Meeting by chance along a 1400 mile stretch of highway when a snowstorm grinds traffic to a halt, they have no choice but to jointly ride it out…”
- It Ends with Us: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— I LOVED IT SO HARD!!! My favorite Colleen Hoover read!!! And Michele G chose this one as her Goodreads Best
Leslie M: I voted in “best of the best” category. It Ends With Us. Every single woman needs to read this book.
Michele G: I picked It Ends With Us because I agree with Leslie that every woman should read it. I believe that so much so that it was the first Colleen Hoover book I recommended to my daughter. She read it and gave it to several friends to read as well. It’s a powerful read!
- TICK TOCK (EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) Book 1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick <—THE LATEST BY Jane Harvey-Berrick IS LIVE!!!!!! This one sounds incredible! He’s training her in a secret camp, deep in the woods… “…They say he doesn’t have blood in his veins, he has ice. They say he has no nerves. All that’s about to be tested. Amira is recruited by the CIA to infiltrate a terrorist cell living in rural Pennsylvania. She’s the perfect plant, no one would ever suspect her. Because her brother was killed when a bomb was dropped on the Syrian hospital where he was working as a doctor. And now hate burns deeply inside her. She’s perfect. That’s what they tell James when he’s told to train her...”
Jane Harvey-Berrick: Thank you so much! Buckle up! It’s going to be a bumpy ride
- Someday (Sawtooth Mountains Stories Book 2) by Susan Fanetti <—ENEMIES-TO-LOVERS ALERT!! Jan is reading this one!
Jan: From Someday, the new CR from Susan Fanetti. I’m liking it and I think I might go back and read book 1 LOL. This one’s about a female lawyer in Idaho and a sexy charming manwhore cowboy kinda guy (who I hope is going to reform his ways) who against both of their wills fall deeply in love. Enemies-to-lovers kinda thing going on but they just can’t fight it. Both slightly older protags too which I like.
- The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer <— WEIGHT LOSS PACT!!! Grayson recommends these!
Grayson: A good story is the Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer. It’s about 3 women who make a pact to lose weight and each one goes it about it differently. It’s light reading but I found it inspiring.Someone else recommended Big Girl Panties: A Novel by Stephanie Evanovich. I loved this as well
- Too Good Girl by Eleanor Lloyd-Jones <— DARK & GRITTY & R is LOVING IT!!!
R: Too Good Girl by Eleanor Lloyd-Jones, and OMG I’M LOVING IT!!! It’s a little dark and gritty and man, can she write dark and gritty! I’m reading an ARC but it releases on the 14th. Soooo good!
Michele G: want to second R’s comments above regarding Too Good Girl by Eleanor Lloyd-Jones. I read an ARC of it as well and it is really good. R’s “dark and gritty” description is spot on because she doesn’t shy away from writing about difficult topics. It’s a good one!
- Hello Stranger: The Ravenels, Book 4 by Lisa Kleypas <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE & JAN’S CHOICE for the Goodreads awards!
Jan: I voted for a lovely HR for best romance – Hello Stranger. I know a CR will win, but it’s a lovely and well-written book and I’m happy to vote for it.
- Doll House by John Hunt <— IT’S CRAZY & NOT FOR EVERYONE BUT JEAN LOVED IT!!
Jean: Wanted to let you all know, I just read Doll House by John Hunt. It was crazy and definitely not for the faint of heart but I loved it! Cringeworthy beginning, but so intriguing I couldn’t put the book down!
- High Voltage (Fever Book 10) by Karen Marie Moning <— Tessa chose these for her Goodreads choices!
Tessa: I voted High Voltage for Fantasy. The only one that was up there that I considered was Bright Burning, but High Voltage was better. Best YA fantasy was The Cruel Prince *swoons* EVERYTHING I love in a book, including a huge bully.
- My Oxford Year: A Novel by Julia Whelan <— SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GOODREADS AWARDS LIST!!! Susan and I agree on this! Super-angsty, teacher-student, tearjerker of a romance!!
Susan: I can’t believe My Oxford Year isn’t on the list, so I have nominated it in several categories. It was definitely one of the best books of the year for me as well as one of the best books of all time on my list. If you liked it I’m asking that you add it as well for a nomination. I added for debut author as well as Romance and fiction.
Maryse: Susan I LOVED IT SO HARD!! 5 STARS PLUSSSSSS LOVED IT!! I agree with you. Best book in ages!
Amy: Susan! *snaps fingers* THAT’S the one I was thinking of. I knew there was a book I read this year by a debut author, but I couldn’t remember which one and haven’t looked through my read books yet. You saved me the trouble!
- Sadie by Courtney Summers <— Amy Goodreads voted for this one… and these:
Amy: I voted for Sadie (YA fiction), All Your Perfects: A Novel (Romance), and It Ends with Us: (Best of the Best) because OF COURSE IT’S THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!! At least to me it is.…Did Sadie affect you like it did me? I’m STILL having the hardest time wrapping my head around that ending. I expected it to end one way or the other, but I was NOT expecting the way it did end…
- A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses Book 3) by Sarah J. Maas <— And Tessa voted for this one!
Tessa: Did you all see the “best of the best” category? I absolutely love some of those books. I voted for Wing and Ruin, because it was really one of my all-time favorites, specifically that book.
- Dark Harmony (The Bargainer Book 3) by by Laura Thalassa <— A GOODREADS NOMINATED AUTHOR & Tessa read and loved it!!
Tessa: Already finished Dark Harmony. If anyone has read the series, read this now! I don’t think I have many greats this month, but this was the perfect ending to the series. Also, if you read it, the Unearthly series takes place in the same world, though YA. It does make me have a theory with one phrase said, but sadly, no guarantee I’m right.
Teri: I did 1-click a book under the fantasy category called Pestilence (The Four Horsemen Book 1) by Laura Thalassa (new to me author).
- The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory <— Kathy is happy about these Goodreads choices:
I did enjoy the Wedding Date. It is an interracial romance that takes place in the Bay Area/LA and since I am originally from the Bay Area it made it for interesting to read. Her new book is on this list. Loved the The Kiss Quotient
- The Electric Tunnel Series by Rachel Blaufeld <— SERIES BUNDLE SALE ALERT!!! P.S. The author is donating to the relief funds for the families of the victims in the Synagogue shooting (which is in the author’s hometown). She says:
Rachel Blaufeld: I’ve decided to donate 20% of all my sales in November to relief funds for these families.
This includes all ebooks, new releases, paperbacks, signed paperbacks on my website and my new box set that was prescheduled for release today.
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens <— Michele G is listening and loving this one!
Michele G: I’m currently obsessed with the audiobook I’m listening to (Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens). Truthfully, it surprises me how much I’m loving it. Even though it’s received so many good reviews, it looked to be a little different from my typical book choices. However, it is set in North Carolina which is where I’m from (and my parents still live there) – – so that was a big reason that I chose to read/listen to it. Otherwise, I really don’t know if I would have tried it but I’m so glad I did. I’m about 75% through. It’s a beautifully written story about survival, with a mystery, a love story and so much more thrown in.
- The Highlander Series by Karen Marie Moning <— Nay recommends these!
Nay: have you ever considered KMM’s Highlander series? Most of them tie into the Fever series (I believe it’s 3-7, which have Adam Black and Christian MacKeltar’s ancestors), and they’re super sexy. I highly recommend the audiobooks–I listened to all of them.
Jessica: I totally second the rec for the highlander series. It’s so good.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! )
- Hate Notes by Penelope Ward & VI Keeland – November 6th 2018
- Good Time by Jana Aston – November 6th 2018
- Long Road Home (Love In The Heartland) by Stacey Lynn – November 5th 2018
- Oracle’s Haunt (Desert Cursed Series Book 4) by Shannon Mayer – November 6th 2018
- Dangerous Exes (Liars, Inc. Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken – November 6th 2018
- Erik: An Arizona Vengeance Novel by Sawyer Bennett – November 6th 2018
- Leopard’s Run (A Leopard Novel) by Christine Feehan – November 6th 2018
- Dining with Angels: Bits & Bites from the Demonica Universe by Larissa Ione – November 6th 2018
- Someone Like Me by M. R. Carey – November 6th 2018
- You Don’t Own Me by Mary Higgins Clark – November 6th 2018
- Diamond Fire: A Hidden Legacy Novella by Ilona Andrews – November 6th 2018
- How About No (The Bear Bottom Guardians MC Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – November 6th 2018
- Seduce Me (Austin Singles Book 1) by Kelly Elliott – November 6th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).