HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!! I hope everyone has a fun weekend planned (or at least a nice peaceful one, with plenty of reading or maybe… marathon watching something). It’s time to build today’s list and it’s already well on its way. Keep checking back over the next few hours as this one will grow. 😀
P.S. I just watched “Where the Crawdads Sing” on Netflix, and it was fabulous!!! Though I still need to read the book (and still want to). I bet the detail in it will make it soooo much better. I was trying to hold off from the movie until I read it first, but I couldn’t help myself. What a beautiful, hard story, and so riveting!!
MY FAVORITE PURCHASE THIS WEEK —> Okay so now that we have boys in the house that DO eat bread (sandwiches for school and all that stuff) I was tired of looking at bread packages all over the place, so I got the CUTEST THING EVER!! THIS BREAD BOX!! Who knew I’d ever be excited about a bread box? But after years of not eating bread I never even worried about something like that… until now. 😉 And it’s really large inside and can hold a bunch of various loaves of bread, hot dog buns, hamburger buns etc etc… (it fits all of ’em) and what I love the most, is that it totally matches my style of kitchen. Even the font matches a beautiful saying on my wall. YAY ME!!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔ Two months of Kindle Unlimited for a super-deal (or one month free trial)!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
- God of Wrath: A Dark Enemies to Lovers Romance (Legacy of Gods Book 3) | by Rina Kent <— LIVE!!! HE’S A MAFIA PRINCE & HER LIFE IS NOW HELL! “…What started as an innocent mistake turned into actual hell. In my defense, I didn’t mean to get involved with a mafia prince. But he barged through my defenses anyway. He stalked me from the shadows and stole me from the life I know…”
Mony: Like this author’s writing style. …Recommend.
- Kincaid (Dirty Duet Book 3) | by Laurelin Paige <— LIVE!!
- P.S. I Hate You: A High School Bully Romance by Jane Anthony <— LIVE!! MMA BULLY AT HER HIGH SCHOOL & NOW SHE HAS TO LIVE WITH HIM! “…Brutal bully. Hotter than hell. MMA God. Jace Wilder owns Hell’s Bend High and everyone in it. Everyone except me that is. The girls love him, the guys want to be him . . . I just want to stay away from him. But when the death of my mother forces me into the Wilder home, I become his latest target...”
- Christmas in the Cabin: A Dad’s Best Friend, Secret Baby, Holiday Romance (Forbidden Temptations) by Sofia T Summers <— LIVE!!
- Monstrous Intent (Mischief and Monsters Book 1) by Alice Winters <— LIVE!!
- Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber <— TASHA J LOVED IT!
Tasha J: I broke my broken reading streak and inhaled Stephanie Garber’s Once Upon a Broken Heart & The Ballad of Never After in 2? Maybe 3 days and oooooh it felt so good! But now I feel so bad cuz I stayed up till 3am this morning and I am up at 630. And I’m dying for book 3.
I saw she said 2023 but no definitive date. I’d be happy with January. 😂 I hadn’t planned on it, but I had put in a hold at the library for Once Upon a Broken Heart and once I started, I couldn’t stop. 😊
Reese: Totally agree with Tasha J – The Ballad of Never After was great and I can’t wait for the next book in the series!
Maryse: Okay so I’m gonna one-click them… Tasha J is my book twin, and now you saying the same thing? YES PLEASE!!
- Accidentally, Scandalously Yours by Nina Levine <— LIVE!! ACCIDENTALLY MARRIED IN VEGAS & THE SCANDAL THEY CAUSED!! “…He’s powerful, determined, and rich as sin. And, he’s now my husband. His fiancée hates me. His political advisors want me gone. The world can’t get enough of me and the scandal we’ve caused...”
- Stripes (Devil’s Boneyard MC 12): A Dixie Reapers Bad Boys Romance by Harley Wylde <— LIVE!!
- A Merry Wicked Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 14) by Scarlett Scott <— LIVE!!
- He Saw Me First: First Series | by Melody Anne <— LIVE!!! SHE WAS ONCE AMERICA’S SWEETHEART & NOW SHE JUST GOT OUT OF JUVENILE PRISON & CHANGED HER NAME… “…During the week, I’m a respectable bookstore owner in a small town with a secret no one could ever guess. On the weekends I do what needs to be done to survive. My secret has been kept for ten years . . . my time is up…”
- Accidentally Married on Purpose by Rachel Harris <— LIKE CELEBRITY MEETS NORMAL GIRL ROMANCE? NOT RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!
Not: Accidentally Married on Purpose by Rachel Harris is a sweet example of this theme. I believe Harris has a few other books with celebrities as well, but that one stood out the most
Cheryl: Read Accidentally Married On Purpose yesterday (was on my tbr list). Country music star marries girl met in Vegas during weekend “fling.” Light-hearted enjoyable read w/ “some” angst.
- Where the Flowers Bloom by D.L. Darby <— LIVE!! NEWLY DIVORCED & SHE LOST HER MOTHER & THEN HE JOINS THEIR FRIEND GROUP!! “…After a steamy night in the pool on her rooftop, they find themselves falling quickly, even though neither of them were looking for a relationship. But Daphne soon finds out that Henry has a secret, and the bubble they created around them bursts, filling Daphne’s world with pain once more. When her mother was on her deathbed, she told Daphne that she would use her experience to help someone else with their grief one day. But how do you help someone else when you’re not truly over your own?”
- When You Dance (The Berotte Family Book 8) by Monica Walters <— LIVE!!
- Starwood Dreams (The North Star B&B Series Book 1) by Molly Summers <— LIVE!!!
- Lock Me Inside: A Dark Bully Romance by C. Hallman <— HER MOM MARRIED THE FATHER OF HER TWO HIGH SCHOOL BULLIES! “...I never knew why, but they always hated me. In school, they made my life hell, and apparently, nothing has changed. Only this time, instead of cruel jokes, things get physical, and when our parents leave for their honeymoon, I find out how far Colt is willing to take this. I thought the worst time of my life was over. I was wrong...”
- Better Than Expected. by Haley Cass <— LIVE!!
- Six Geese a Laying: A Regency Historical Romance Holiday Tale (The Twelve Days of Christmas Book 7) by Emily E K Murdoch
- Berserker by Kitty Thomas <— DARK READ SUPER-BARGAIN! SOUNDS SOOOO GOOD & NANCY JUST READ IT! She’s on a plane and sees a berserker also flying on the same flight, and one of her powers is that only she can keep him calm (even though she wants to run away, but they’re she’s stuck on the plane!! So powers it is…)…
Nancy: …Now she just needed to keep the man named Cade calm & the Berserker inside him calm until they had landed. Then she would run away from him as fast as she could. If she did get away, then he probably would be in such a rage, that he’d kill everyone in the airport. Oh well! She did not really feel that was her problem. She was thrilled when she succeeded in getting away, until a look in the mirror. He had marked her!…
- Plant Daddy by KD Robichaux <— SHE’S LOOKING FOR A “DADDY” FOR HER BOOK RESEARCH!! “…then I spotted him, my gym crush, aka Gym Daddy, on a dating app for kinksters, and suddenly I’m struggling to identify what’s for book research and what’s for experiencing for myself. Maybe I don’t need to compartmentalize. After all, they tell you to stick to writing what you know, right? And what better way to learn about something until you truly know about that subject than to fully submerse yourself in it? Plus, I know I said I was a born-again virgin after my divorce and was saving myself for Dream Daddy—aka Sir Jeremy—at Club Alias, but the likelihood of that happening…? Zilch. Nada. None. Oh, and that guy who rescued me when my last dumpster dive for plant babies went a wee bit awry, who happened to set off all sorts of butterflies in my lady garden? I don’t even have the lady-balls to go back to the store and find out Dumpster Daddy’s real name, so no chance with him either. No! I don’t have a daddy kink. I just have a thing for older men…”
- Aveke by Tijan <— RECENT RELEASE BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE AIMEE LOVED IT!!
Aimee: I just finished AVEKE I loved it!!! The female and male leads were a perfect match. Tough guy contemplating life and she was always there in the background just getting by.
- Resting Grinch Face: A Holiday Revenge Romantic Comedy by Alina Jacobs <— LIVE & SOUNDS HILARIOUS!!! SHE PLANS ON RUINING HIS CHRISTMAS… “…I might not be able to ruin his life, but I will ruin his Christmas. Yeah, I’m totally a grinch. But I come by it honestly. Because of Oliver Frost, I flamed out of college in the most humiliating way possible. Now I’m back in my small town—just in time to suffer through a display of small-town Christmas cheer so festive it will make you puke your eggnog. But who cares about being home for the holidays when you live with your family like a loser and have to share one bathroom with seven other people?…”
- Spirit Me Away by Jade Luck <— LIVE!! GHOST INVESTIGATOR THINKS SHE’S A FAKE TRYING TO DRUM UP BUSINESS FOR HER BED & BREAKFAST!! “...Harley Malone is many things; an innkeeper, a restorer of old homes, and completely broke. In a last-ditch effort to bring publicity to her bed and breakfast, Harley reluctantly welcomes a three-ring circus of paranormal investigators into her sanctuary. But when the unfairly handsome researcher on the team accuses her of faking ghosts to drum up customers, she’s ready to pull the plug…”
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Down London Road by Samantha Young <— AIMEE LOVED THIS ONE TOO!
Aimee: Down London Road was so awesome!!! All the feels!! Definitely 5* of course I listened to it being busy crafting lately so the narrator did not disappoint!!! ❤️
- God of Wrath: A Dark Enemies to Lovers Romance (Legacy of Gods Book 3) | by Rina Kent
- Not My Romeo: The Game Changers, Book 1 by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— AIMEE 4-STARRED THIS ONE!
Aimee: This was a 4* listen! It was a stubborn jaded football quarterback and the girl mistook him for someone else when she hooked up with him! I liked it and it had its moments!
The audible version was just ok and that could have been why I considered it a 4*. The voices were good but the man’s voice just didn’t fit the man’s character… he wasn’t bad, I just pictured a different tone…🤷♀️🤣
It was worth a credit and I’m going to listen to the 2nd one about the sister of the first books female lead!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Bastard Boss (Tyler & Bella Duet Book 1) | by Lisa Renee Jones | Nov 21, 2022
- Tempt by Melanie Harlow | Nov 21, 2022
- The Extravagant Collection by Lauren Blakely | Nov 22, 2022
- Ruthless Reign (Royal Reflections Book 1) | by Aleatha Romig | Nov 22, 2022
- The Choice: The Dragon Heart Legacy, Book 3 | by Nora Roberts | Nov 22, 2022
- The Whittiers: A Novel by Danielle Steel | Nov 22, 2022
- Keeper of Secrets (Carly Moore Book 7) | by Denise Grover Swank | Nov 22, 2022
- Scrooge-ish: a second chance holiday romance by L.B. Dunbar | Nov 22, 2022
- Secret Santa (The Secret Series Book 10) | by Jill Sanders
- Where There is Smoke, There is Fire by Monique Fisher | Nov 23, 2022 | Nov 23, 2022
- Love 101 (Love on Campus Book 1) | by J. S. Cooper | Nov 24, 2022
- Hideous (Heinous Book 2)| by Yolanda Olson | Nov 25, 2022
- Misfit (Prep Book 1) by Elle Kennedy | Nov 27, 2022
- Dangerous Mind (TAKEBACK Book 5) by Riley Edwards | Nov 29, 2022
- The Reluctant Countess: A Would-Be Wallflowers Novel | by Eloisa James | Nov 29, 2022
- Leopard’s Scar (A Leopard Novel Book 14) by Christine Feehan | Nov 29, 2022
- Resting Scrooge Face: A Short Story by Meghan Quinn | Nov 29, 2022
- Just One Taste: The Dirty Dares (The Kingston Family Book 7) | by Carly Phillips | Nov 29, 2022
- Cruel North (The North Brothers Book 4) | by JB Salsbury | Nov 29, 2022
- Devil by Daylight (The Heart of a Duke Book 21) | by Christi Caldwell | Nov 29, 2022
- Once Upon a Sexy Scrooge by Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine | Nov 29, 2022
- Shattering Trinity (Rockers’ Legacy Book 8) by Terri Anne Browning | Nov 29, 2022
- Blowout (Breakers Hockey Book 6) | by Elise Faber | Nov 29, 2022
- The Sweet Spot by Adriana Locke | Nov 29, 2022
- Devour by Laura Thalassa, Amelia Hutchins , et al. | Nov 29, 2022
- Flirting with the Beast (Modern Love Book 2) by Jane Porter | Nov 29, 2022
- Filthy Little Liars (Midnight Bites Book 3) by Yolanda Olson and Ally Vance | Nov 30, 2022
- The Hemsworth Effect by James Weir | Nov 30, 2022
- Sinner’s Saint (Confessional Book 2) by Leighann Hart | Nov 30, 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!