SATURDAY MORNING BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! SUPER-SALE ALERT and I LOVED THIS BOOK!!➔➔➔➔➔➔➔➔➔
And so did my aunt, and my sister… The Wife Between Us: A Novel kept me guessing to the very end, and I loved what it all meant. P.S. Here’s my review (4.5 STARS!!)
OH MY!!! Less than 2 weeks until Christmas Day and I and excited. I have 4 events to attend (starting tonight!!!) along with my sister showing up anytime between a couple of days before Christmas to a couple of days after, and spending a few weeks with me again! YAY ME!!!!
And… I have my Christmas tree pics!! I took these last night. Here’s one (and the whole tree is at the very end of this post). The bow makes me smile. 🙂
P.S. A few fun things:
- Amazon’s Gift Guide! <— There’s still time to shop and have your items arrive in plenty of time for Christmas!!
- Reader Favorites – Best of 2018 <— More to come, and still accepting “favorites lists”. Just email it to me! 😀
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata <— MARIANA ZAPATA SLOW-BURN ALERT!! And it’s on KU too!!!) Squeeeeeeeeeee!!!! YAY US!!! She’s happy in her life but she’s got some regrets (and secrets)… “…when one of those secrets involves the man who signs her paycheck, she can’t find it in her to regret it. Despite the fact that he’s not the friendliest man in the world. Or the most patient. Sometimes there are things you’re better off keeping to yourself…”
Jan: BTW, in case anyone hasn’t heard, Mariana Zapata’s new book Luna and the Lie is supposed to be out VERY SOON too!! OMG. There’s so much cool new stuff I’m nearly hyperventilating. *sets off big glitterbomb*
Niki: Luna and the Lie is finally live!!! Whhooohooo!!!
- Unzipped by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY ALERT!! I thought this one went live a few days ago, but I’m under the impression it was just the audiobook that was live, ’cause officially? This one is LIVE TODAY! He wants to win his ex back and is planning a grand gesture! “...if you’re going to grand gesture the ever-loving hell out of a second chance, you need to pull out all the stops. There’s only one little problem. My college girlfriend isn’t the one who shows up when I play my “I’ll do anything to win you back” tune. The woman who flings open the second-floor window tells me my ex doesn’t live here anymore. But she’ll help me win her back…”
- Conflicted (The Corded Saga Book 3) by Alyssa Rose Ivy <— DYSTOPIAN LIVE!!!
- Rook (High Rollers MC Book 2) by Kasey Krane & Savannah Rylan <— LIVE!!
- Bird Box: A Novel by Josh Malerman <— SCARY BOOK/UPCOMING MOVIE ALERT!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! I read this one a few years ago and 4.5 star LOVED IT!!!!!! And now it’s coming out on Netflix as a movie in just a week or so??!!!! *thud* I. CAN’T. WAIT!!!!!!!
Jean: One thriller that stands out (and maybe that’s because I just saw the trailer for it with Sandra Bullock) is The Bird Box!!! …read it on one day! Loved it! Great review and agree with all your comments!
Maryse: Ohhhh Jean I LOVED The Bird Box!!!!
Michele G: I’m super excited about the Bird Box movie coming out… I definitely suggest you read the book first. That book was so much about using your own imagination as you read that I don’t know how a movie will do it justice…of course I will watch to find out.
Tasha J: So, I just saw Bird Box releasing on Netflix in 10 days. I had no idea this was even being made into a movie. Now, I feel pressured to read the book ASAP so i don’t watch the movie first.
Amy: I really liked it!! Not terrifying but definitely creepy with enough intensity to keep me reading.
- Amour Battu: Timeless Love: A series of Standalone novels Book 2 by MJ Fields <— BROKEN MILITARY HERO ALERT!! “…I turned from her for the red white and blue. Because war, destruction, hell even death was more welcome than the possibility of hurting her. I didn’t deserve her, and she sure as f*@^ didn’t deserve me…” (P.S. it’s a standalone but part of this one’s series: Cinq A’ Sept (Timeless Love: A series of Standalone novels Book 1) <— Remember?? Which had a forbiddeny older woman/younger man relationship!)
- LOCK by Debra Anastasia <— LIVE!! DEBRA ANASTASIA ALERT!!! He met her (the sister of an infamous assassin) in a gang fight and fell in love… “...Now, she’s a prisoner, doing everything she can to keep her family safe. And I’m her guard, doing everything I can to set her free. I’d take a bullet for her. Hell, I’d take a few. In this dark, twisted world, we only have each other. But I have to wonder, is that enough?” CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE!!
- Grim Christmas (Daughters of Beasts Book 4) by T. S. Joyce <— LIVE!!!
- Paper Princess: A Novel (The Royals Book 1) by Erin Watt <— HUGELY POPULAR 2 years ago and still making our crew squee!!! Jen loved this one!
- Mistletoe Wishes: a holiday standalone by Mayra Statham <— LIVE!! SEXY CHRISTMAS SHORT! The authors warning is sweet!! “Warning: This is an OTT, tooth-achingly sweet holiday read with a super sexy twist that will have you wishing for mistletoe!”
- Runaround (Getaway Series Book 4) by Jay Crownover <— LIVE!!! JAY CROWNOVER ALERT!! HE’S TROUBLE & SHE’S A FOREST RANGER… “…The leggy, blonde forest ranger might very well be the one person in the world important enough to finally keep him in one place. Only, Ten isn’t impressed by Webb’s knack for finding trouble. And no matter how hard he tries to shake it, he can’t escape his bad habit of falling into the deep end of questionable decisions…”
- Christmas Lights on Evergreen Avenue by Tara Watson <— LIVE!!
- Damaged Hearts by Monica Murphy <— LIVE!! MONICA MURPHY’S LATEST!
- If Heaven Had Cheese Fries by Stephanie Staudinger <— LIVE!! HER LIFE HAS ENDED YOUNG BUT SHE’S BEEN GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE… “…she’s sent back down to earth. This time as 18-year-old Abigail Henderson with the extraordinary purpose of stopping a shooting at Margaret Fielder High. While falling in love with a teacher who has a shared love of cheese fries, Abigail is quickly learning that she’s been given what seems like an impossible task...”
- With My Heart (Guarding My Heart Book 2) by Peter Styles & J.P. Oliver <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE
- Heartbreak Warfare by by Heather M. Orgeron & Kate Stewart <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE IT’S STILL MAKING EMOTIONAL WAVES!! I five-starred it!
Swath: I dont think I would have picked this book if not for this review so thank you for that. This is probably one of the best racing to finish portions of a book. I was not sure whom to choose but somehow the end made a lot of sense to me as I felt it was right at that time. Yes things happen, people change. Mostly we keep it and dont act on it but when expected happens I guess you no longer can control. with that said, definitely one of the best books of 2018 for the sheer emotional content involved !
Tara: Definitely 5+ stars! Hands down my favorite book of 2018! Loved it…Drive is a close 2nd 🙂Ashley: Just finished it this morning and just WOW! Total book hangover happening over here! I stayed up last night super late despite the fact that our baby has been getting up at 4 am the past week!!! Definitely my absolute best read for 2018!
- The Price of Mason (Forbidden Men Book 10) by Linda Kage <— RECENT RELEASE AND WE HAVE INFO (and feedback)!!! HE BECAME A PROSTITUTE TO HELP PROVIDE FOR HIS MOM & SISTER… “…Two years later, this job has begun to kill me in every way but physically, until SHE comes along. Reese is the breath of fresh air I need. She makes me smile, she makes me laugh, she makes me want more. But how can we ever be together after all the choices I’ve made?...”
Lauren: It’s book 1 (Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men Book 1), only in Mason’s POV!!! Loved book 1 so I’m excited to read this one!
Linda: Hard subject matter but soooo good.
- Jamieson Finn (Redemption Series Book 3) by Sandi Lynn <— SANI LYNN’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! THE TRAUMA SURGEON & THE NEUROSURGEON ALERT!! “...I was making a fresh start and any trust I had in men was gone. I would never make that mistake again. I save lives for a living and that has to be my number one priority. Then I met Jamieson Finn. He was sexy, smart, arrogant and exactly what I didn’t need in my life…”
- Method 15/33 by Shannon Kirk <— CREEPY/KIDNAPPED/WHO’S THE CRAZY ONE? ALERT!! I loved this one BIG time and it’s on super-bargain sale!!! P.S. Here’s my review.
Kooloo: I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!
- Puddin’ (Dumplin’ Book 2) by Julie Murphy <— THE SEQUEL TO DUMPLIN’ (which was one of bev’s absolute die-hard favorites ever)!
bev: Dumplin soundtrack was just released. Dolly of course. You all need to read the book. I should read Puddin.
Michele G: for those of you who haven’t read the book yet and have watched the movie…read the book. It’s still better! There’s just something about being in the character’s mind…especially with this book.
- Charming (Bastan Hollow Saga Book 1) by Jane Washington <— LIVE!!! And Tessa enjoyed it!
Tessa: I just finished it, but it was really fun and made me laugh.
- Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass) by Sarah Maas <— MichelleS is loving this one! Gasp!! It’s almost 1000 pages!!!!
MichelleS: My favorite November read: Kingdom of Ash… which, came out end of October, but I didn’t start until two days ago! Gasp! I’m savoring every page, since it’s the last in the series. Sigh….
MichelleS: I’m STILL reading Kingdom of Ash. It’s sooooo long, but soooo good, I’m savoring every line. May do a reread of whole series!
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Highwayman: To Tempt a Highlander Series # 1 by Kerrigan Byrne <— MUCH LOVE FOR THIS ONE & Jane recommends it!!! Supposedly (from other recommendations) this one will make you fume, swoon and is unputdownable!!! I one-clicked the ebook. 😀 YAY ME!!!
Jane: The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne. It’s got it all. It’s HR, long lost love. Found love, but doesn’t know it. Dorian is a scoundrel, Farah Leigh is kryptonite. I love the writing. I love the Audible narrator. LOVE it. .
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! )
- Tangled Like Us (Like Us Series: Billionaires & Bodyguards Book 4) by Krista & Becca Ritchie – December 18th 2018
- Peyton & Noah by Heidi McLaughlin – December 18th 2018
- Safe and Sound (Sisterhood) by Fern Michaels – December 18th 2018
- Midnight Bite by Cynthia Eden – December 18th 2018
- The Darkest Captive: A Lords of the Underworld Novella by Gena Showalter – December 24th 2018
- Yours After Dark, A Gansett Island Novel (Gansett Island Series) by Marie Force – December 25th 2018
- Tainted Bastard (Tainted Knights Book 4) by Terri Anne Browning – December 29th 2018
- The Lies We Tell by Brittany Butler – December 31st 2018
- Prisoner of Night (The Black Dagger Brotherhood series) by J.R. Ward – January 7th 2019!!!!
- Finding Alexei by Kendall Ryan – January 7th 2019!!!!
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).