HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! Five more sleeps until Christmas!!!!! I’m going to have a gift wrapping session tonight, and finalize a few touches, to some gifts. *rubs hands together with glee* and then finish a book tonight (and review it). Then I want to start Regretting You!!! I’m betting it will make my Best of 2019 list.
Speaking of which… don’t be shy!! If you have your favorites list (Best Books of 2019) ready, send it my way, and I’ll post it (and if you want to include why you chose each one – why you loved it – even better!). 😀
I’ve been watching Christmas movies non-stop for the last couple of weeks. They just play in the background, while I do my house stuff, or while I read, even, but the sounds, and images, and silly-sweet stories make me happy. I’ll miss them…
Tasha J: I’ve watched a holiday movie that I’ve actually enjoyed!! It didn’t even make me cringe. Either I’m in the mood or it was just a little special. I watched it on Hulu, but I believe it was made by Freeform, called No Sleep Til Christmas.
Maryse: My two favorite Christmas movies ever are Elf & Daddy’s Home 2 <— OMG I laughed at that ending so hard. Just love those movies so hard. Will Ferrell is my favorite for feel good movies. 😀 I’ll watch these on repeat. In fact, that’s what I’m going to do tonight as I wrap gifts.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
P.S. These deals are still active as we speak so you can still get in on ’em:
- ➔➔ All of Amazon’s “Last Minute Deals” (<— GASP!!! 😳 There’s still time!! 😊 )
- ➔➔ Three months of Kindle Unlimited for a super-bargain!! Not a member yet? This is for you! Not for me, ’cause I am one. 😉 And I love it.
- ➔➔ 4 months of Amazon Unlimited Music for a super-bargain <— AMAZING deal! “... This limited time offer provides on-demand, ad-free and unlimited access to 50 million songs on any device via the Amazon Music app...”
- ➔➔ 3 months of Audible at a significant discount!! You can get in on this deal until December 31st!!
- and now the book finds!
- The Gibson Boys Collection by Adrian Locke <— LIVE!! THE GIBSON BOYS SERIES BUNDLE BY Adriana Locke and it’s much loved by quite a few in our crew!! P.S. Author Adriana Locke just lost her house in a fire (she and her family are okay – thank goodness!!!) so I thought I’d bring one of her popular series back to the forefront in case you haven’t had the chance to get to know her fun stories yet:
Robyn: The first book Crank was hilarious. Can’t wait to read Craft.
Linda: My latest 5***** read is Crank by Adriana Locke. Looved the writing!! Loooved the cast of characters!! Looved the dual pov!! Highly recommend!! ** cross my heart** you will love it too!! One click already!!!
Amy: Love Adriana Locke’s books! She’s a favorite for sure!
Kathy: Adriana Locke (Landry Family, Sacrifice), etc. Love her books.
- Manhattan: A Small Town Friends-to-Lovers Romance (Becker Brothers Book 3) by Kandi Steiner <— LIVE!! HE WAS HER BEST FRIEND BUT SHE WANTED MORE… “…Our bond was born in elementary school, strengthened by circumstance and the promise to always be there for each other, no matter what. And the best thing about my life was being friends with Michael Becker. Until it was the worst. I watched him fall in love with someone else, and helped patch him back up when she left him behind. But when he drops the bomb that he’s moving to New York, I realize it’s my last chance to tell him how I feel. And I ask him to make one more promise…”
- Christmas Hero: A Christmas Military Romance (Home For Christmas Book 2) by Di Jones <— LIVE!!
- My Silver Fox Neighbor 3: The Night Before Christmas (Girls Playing with Fire) by Marissa Blush <— LIVE!!
- Her Christmas Wish: A Reverse Harem Holiday Novella by Crystal North <— LIVE!!
- Beautifully Broken by Bailey B <— LIVE!! HE WAS THE LIGHT IN HER DARK WORLD… “...I wasn’t like most people. I welcomed death, wanted her to take me away from the prison I called life, but she refused. I tried twice only to survive. And then, when I thought I had nothing left it came. A reason to live. Rex was a small, unexpected ray of light my world of darkness that blossomed into a beam of sunshine. I thought, maybe this was why Death didn’t take me...”
- Beautiful Collision by Tori Alvarez <— LIVE!!
- Love Me Again (A Louisiana Christmas Book 1) by Danyelle Scroggins <— LIVE!!
- Apocalypse the Believer (The Power of Twelve Book 3) by Miranda Martin <— LIVE!!
- Northern Reverie: A Viking Romance by Janet Crewe <— LIVE!!
- Enchanting Beauty (The Twisted Villain Chronicles Book 1) by Bianca Mckay <— LIVE!! THE PRINCE IS HER PRISONER… “...Cursed as a child to spite her birth mother, Aribelle is forced to live with a beast counterpart to her soul. There is a feral rage that burns inside her, a constant reminder that she was the monster that everyone accused her of being. Everyone except for a prince who happens to understand her, and even accepts the beast within who relishes in cruelty and abuse. However, the prince is her prisoner...”
Megan: Enchanting beauty sounds intriguing!!
Johanne: This one seems to be my style…
- Bloom by Deborah Bladon <— LIVE!! THE LATEST BY DEBORAH BLADON!! She’s SO into him but he’s got another girl until… “…He’s in my floral shop to order a bouquet for the woman of his dreams. I swallow the bitter taste of envy and design a to die for arrangement. I offer to deliver the flowers personally because I’m a glutton for punishment. The delivery should go off without a hitch. It doesn’t. I end up at Liam’s office with the bouquet in one hand and a no thank you note from his ex-girlfriend in the other. I walk away. Liam follows me...”
- The Chef’s Runaway: A Dark Mafia Romance (Book 2) by Ava Bellini <— LIVE!!
- Reckless Abandon (A Beautiful Liar Book 1) by J.N. Owens <— LIVE!!
- Bossy Bride: Emma and Jesse (Bossy Brothers Book 4) by J.A. Huss <— LIVE!!
- Tainted: The Complete Enemies-to-Lovers Rock Star Romance Box Set by Carmen Jenner <— LIVE!! ROCK STAR BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! The laugh-out-loud, angst-fuelled, and utterly heart wrenching bestselling Taint Series is now available in a complete box set. Tainted includes the complete Taint Duet, a previously unreleased deleted scene from REVELRY, and a Holiday short featuring all your favourite members of the band. REVELRY: He’s adored by millions. She’s not even loved by her cat.
Tessa: reading Revelry (Taint) by Carmen Jenner. I’m laughing so hard. Anne was right to say it’s definitely rockstars, and not wanna be poet or any job rockstar. Just had to share with you all the fact that I’m laughing seriously loud with this one.
Tessa: Revelry does get darker, though the humor was there. It um, kind of love triangle? Still loved it, though! … It was definite steam with the angst and humor. 😀
- Brady F**king Witter: A Movie Star Romance by Christine J Darcy <— LIVE!!
- Regretting You by Colleen Hoover <— ASHLEY SAYS DROP EVERYTHING NOW & READ THIS!!
Ashley: Hi! It’s me again! I just finished Regretting You. Well, I didn’t think anything could top Slammed but she’s done it! It’s officially my favorite book of 2019… possibly ever. This book is everything!
It’s raw and real and I am just overwhelmed and a little sad that I don’t think anything can top it! I feel very sorry for the next book that I read. I don’t care what your plans are, drop them. You will not regret the time spent reading this book Maryse! Happy reading!
Maryse: *claps* I am going to have SO much fun tonight!!! 😀 I love when I have an awesome book waiting for me
Ashley: I just started it again! I NEVER re-read books!
Becky: This might be my favorite CoHo book ever.
Linda: Just started chapter 2 as we speak!! First Colleen Hoover for me!! Already hooked!!
Maryse: P.S. Since I’m starting “Regretting You” tonight (eeep!! I can’t wait!!), I thought I’d celebrate with a few Colleen Hoover paperback book giveaways (my review copies!!) of past books that I’ve LOVED by her! To enter: Leave a comment on my book reviews below (and let me know what your very favorite book of 2019 is and why it is your favorite) and I will randomly choose a lucky commenter to receive it!
- NSFW: An Office Romance (Boston Boys Book 2) by Piper Lawson <— OFFICE ROMANCE ALERT!! WANNA LAUGH? Nancy recommends this one!
Nancy: Maryse u have to read NSFW by Piper Lawson, def similar time the hating game but IMO, even better!! It’s in my top 5 office comedy etc!
- Blackmailed by Her Bully by Sam Crescent <— LIVE!!!
- Tempest: The Scarab Beetle Series: #6 (The Academy) by C. L. Stone <— LIVE!! THE LATEST IN THE ACADEMY SERIES!!
- Somebody to Love: (A Tyler Jamison Novel) by April Wilson <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Red, White & Royal Blue: A Novel by Casey McQuiston <— A NEW #2 ON ALL OF R. RENEE’S FAVORITES of 2019!!
R. Renee: I *just* finished Red, White & Royal Blue and I am a sobbing mess. I think I’ve just entered into another massive hangover, and it has, in fact, bumped Daisy Jones from this list. Matter of fact it’s at number 2. OMG.
…This book has literally shaken me. When I stop crying, I’m writing the author. Holy Moses. Just wow.
- Misadventures with a Master: A Misadventures Novella by Meredith Wild and Mia Michelle <— LIVE!!
- Delight Me: A Stark Ever After Collection and Story by J. Kenner <— LIVE!!
- Best Man by Katy Evans <— SLOW BURN ALERT!! RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!
Lisa C: Guys! Best Man by Katy Evans is her best book since Real. Lots of slow burn and tummy butterflies. I stayed up late to finish.
- Heath: A Hathaway House Heartwarming Romance by Dale Mayer <— LIVE!!
- Smoke and Mistletoe (Best Wishes Book 3) by A.J. Macey <— LIVE!!
- The Chase (High School Bully Romance) (Diamond Lake Romance Book 2) by K.L. Middleton <— LIVE!!
- Forgiving the Football Player: A Bad Boy Sweet Romance (Not So Bad Boys Book 2) by Emma St. Clair <— LIVE!!
- THESE TWO KNOCKED MILISSA ON HER BUTT!!
Milissa: The Beginning and End of Everything Stevie J Cole that was a good one,
In the Unlikely Event L.J Shen
These to books knocked me on my butt this week. And that is saying something’s cause I have a book slump year.
- In Death Series by J.D. Robb <— RE-READ GOOD!!! Carol highly recommends!!
Carol: I am now reading this series for the 2nd time! First started in June of 2006 and read all that were available at that time. Then I parked the books in my bookcase, meanwhile buying any new ones that came out.
Now, in 2019 I am reading every book again! So far am on book #18 and enjoying every one just as much as I did the first time around! Love this series!
- Earth’s Children Series by Jean M. Auel <— RE-READ GOOD!! Rachael highly recommends!
I’ve been following your blog for years. I always log on and get good recommendations on new books and thank you so much for all your work!
I just started re-reading the Earth’s Children Series by Jean M. Auel. I read them in high school years ago and they are so good.
The series is set in back in time, right after the ice age, and follows a girl from childhood through adulthood and her trials and way of life. Seriously so good. They were written in the 80s I believe but resonate today. Anyway, you probably have read these but wanted to reach out about the series in case you haven’t. The first is Clan of the Cave Bear.
Again, thanks for all the reading advice over the years 🙂
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)<— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons)!!
- ➔➔ OR 3 months of Audible at a significant discount!! You can get in on this deal until December 31st!!
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt <— MASTERFUL!! Nay LOVED it!
Nay: I think I mentioned this here, can’t remember for sure, but I listened to The Goldfinch last week and that narration was masterful!
- Dirty Letters by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward <— Leslie M LOVED this one!
Leslie M: Good morning! More snow here…ugh. I think I’m going to get dinner prep started and wrap some presents ’cause l know later I will be exhausted from shoveling. I need to find an audiobook to keep me company.
I recently finished Dirty Letters (on KU read & listen for free) and I loved it!!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Trouble After Dark: (A Gansett Island Novel) by Marie Force – December 24th 2019
- Tall, Dark & Furious (A Pyte/Sentinel Novel Book 6) by R.L. Mathewson – December 26th 2019
- The Wives: A Novel by Tarryn Fisher – December 30th 2019
- Good Girls Lieby J.T. Ellison – December 30th 2019
- The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away Book 4) by Roni Loren – December 31st 2019
- Sweet Agony (Angels Halo MC Next Gen Book 2) by Terri Anne Browning – December 31st 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).