<— It’s that time again… Friday Finds Day! AND LOOKIT WHAT JUST WENT LIVE!! Karina Halle’s LATEST!!!
And it seems like many of you have been able to catch up a bit on your reading (despite the Holiday hecticness) ’cause we have quite a few recommendations that are popping up in the comments so I made a list of them, right here!
P.S. A few fun things:
- HUGE KINDLE UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP DEAL <— OMG!!! I just found out that Amazon extended this super-bargain membership (<— 3 months for a super-steal)!!! Did you miss it the last time? Now’s your chance. JUMP ON IT!!! !!!!
- AMAZON IS STILL HAVING A KINDLE UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP DEAL!!! This is valid for EVERYONE and not just new members!! !!! Instead of the monthly payment plan, you can save BIG time if you sign up for:
- ➔ 6 MONTHS (20% off!) ➔ https://amzn.to/2GBquXg
- ➔ 1 YEAR (33% off) ➔ https://amzn.to/2SfXmGt
- ➔ 2 YEARS (40% OFF) ➔ https://amzn.to/2Gwonns
- Reader Favorites – Best of 2018 <— TWO more added, and more to come!! Also, I’m still accepting “favorites lists”. Just email it to me!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Untouchable: A Bully Romance by Sam Mariano <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!!! Tessa is LOSING HER MIND over this one!!!
Tessa: Untouchable by Sam Mariano… GAH! This book! GAH! THIS is why the best of 2018 is waiting until the end. It’s so good and evil and OMG, I want to punch him and adore him and GAH! He reminds me of Mateo in all the bad and good ways.
Jean: I love seeing you excited over a book Tessa! And this one sounded like it was so you!!
Tessa: …OMG Mind mess jerk, right? If you like this, I’d recommend her mob stories.
bev: Lol. Tessa isn’t it fun to find something that gets us that worked up and happy?
Tessa: YESSSS! I finished it because I couldn’t stop reading it. HOT (seriously hot) but more than that, he’s such a jerk and everything that happens with the angst… my type of book. I want more of their story, even if it was a standalone.
- Nothing Personal: A Standalone Romantic Comedy by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE ALERT!!! SINGLE DAD/ENEMIES-TO-LOVERS ALERT!! He broke her heart once, and now he’s up for the position SHE deserves! “…New in town and on her turf, Kessler promises he’s not the same man he was – and considering he’s now a single father to a precocious toddler, he’s telling the truth. But he’s still an arrogant and devilishly charming man who’s taking over the position Nova feels she deserves...”
- Riven: A Novel (Riven Series Book 1) by Roan Parrish <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! Michelle S thinks it’s HOT!!!
MichelleS: Is it weird that a m/m has me all flustered? I find myself skipping over sex scenes usually, but I’m reading every word of this one. I’m a gay man trapped in a woman’s body? Ha! Or maybe I’m just a straight woman & TWO men are just double the sexiness? Whatever… this book is working for me.
- The Promise of Stardust: A Novel by Priscille Sibley <— Amy LOVED it!
Amy: A Promise of Stardust was such a good read. As y’all know, I don’t connect well with male-only POV books, but that one worked for me as much as one of those could. I knew it was either going to end up sad or straight up heart wrenching, and not knowing which it was going to be kept me glued to it.
- Tripping on a Halo by Alessandra Torre <— HUGE TWIST ALERT!!! Theresa read this recent release and she says:
Theresa: Just finished Alessandra Torre’s Tripping On a Halo. It started out a bit funky story line, a bit slow, it did have a huge twist at the end.
- The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air Book 1) by Holly Black <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!!! Tessa (our resident bully-lover – along with Grey 😉 ) recommends this one!
Tessa: FAE! BULLY! FANTASY WORLD! So, just pure catnip written really well with an awesome plotline….if you love those Holly Black, you have to read Cruel Prince, unless a bully is something you detest. 🙂
Tessa: …Best YA fantasy was Cruel Prince. *swoons* EVERYTHING I love in a book, including a huge bully. 🙂
- Right Where I Want You by Jessica Hawkins <— LIVE!!! THE LATEST BY JESSICA HAWKINS ALERT!! “Bad boys? They run right over good girls like Georgina Keller. But after a confidence-shattering breakup, she’s determined not to let anyone at her new workplace push her around—least of all the brooding creative director, a “bad boy of publishing” who’s made it clear she’s enemy #1…”
- Ringing in the New Year by Alexa Riley <— ALEXA RILEY’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! SHE WAS IN A CULT… “…Cami Evans fell in love with the boy next door when she was seven years old. They spent their whole lives falling for one another until one day she’s taken from him. She spends five years with her father in a cult until she’s able to make her escape and find her way back to Reed…”
- Deflected (Texas Mutiny Book 4) by M.E. Carter <— LIVE!!!
- Dignity (Determination Trilogy Book 1) by Lesli Richardson <— LIVE!!!
- Landon (A Next Generation Carter Brother Novel Book 3) by Lisa Helen Gray <— LIVE!!
- AMNESIA by Jamie Roberts <— LIVE!!! BULLY BOOK ALERT!!! AND HOLY MOLY BLURB JOLT!!!! “…From the moment I met Max three years ago, he was nothing but an arsehole. The only reason we put up with each other is because we share the same best friend. Then, everything suddenly changes when Max is involved in a horrific accident that sets him back three years. He remembers his friends, but here’s the real kicker: He doesn’t remember … me…” <— GASP!!! And then the blurb gets EVEN BETTER!!!!!
- Tamed: (A Dark Romance Kidnap Thriller) (The Dark Necessities Trilogy Book 2) by Felicity Brandon <— LIVE!! DARK READ ALERT!! Book #2 in a trilogy that must be read in order, and I get a kick out of the author’s warning! Eeeep! “Tamed is the heart-stopping continuation of the dark romance, Taken. Molly and Connor’s liaison concludes in the hotly anticipated, Entwined. This book contains dark and twisted scenes. You have been warned…” P.S. Here’s book #1: Taken: (A Dark Romance Kidnap Thriller) (The Dark Necessities Trilogy Book 1)
- Beastly Beautiful: A Bad Boy Billionare Dark Roleplay Romance (Beasts of Prey Book 1) by Noelle Cross <— LIVE!!
- Beautiful Bargain (Desolate Lands Book 3) by Skye Jones<— LIVE!! REVERSE HAREM!!
- The Fortunate Ones by R.S. Grey <— MEATY CHARACTERS & GOOD STORYLINE ALERT!! 😉 Jan recommends it!
Jan: The Fortunate Ones by R.S Grey. I just finished it actually. It’s good. …IMO one of her better books. Good meaty characters (oops, that sounds weird LOL) OK, good, interesting characters. Good storyline. It’s a bit angsty for me but I still liked it. Worth checking out if you haven’t read it. Especially if you’ve got ku
- Bird Box: A Novel by Josh Malerman <— STILL ON SALE!!! I LOVE IT!!! BOTH THE BOOK & THE NETFLIX MOVIE!!! Ooooh I like the movie intro to Bird Box better than the book-intro, actually. It’s INSANE and chaotic and intense and stressful and SO SCARY!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE how they did that. But the book is just as fascinating from the very beginning and will keep you ON EDGE!!!
- All the Lost Little Horses (A Desperation Creek Novel Book 2) by Janice Kay Johnson
- Matt (Texas Rascals Book 2) by Lori Wilde <— DEPUTY SHERIFF & THE SINGLE MOM ALERT!!! “...Savannah’s busy days were filled with single-handedly raising a toddler and running her ranch. Her lonely nights were filled with longing for what might have been…if Matt hadn’t shattered her heart. Now Matt was back and Savannah had to decide whether to turn Matt away or take a second chance on a forever kind of love…”
- Writing On The Wall (Between the Covers Book 1) by Rae Oakley <— LIVE!!! BOOKSTORE OWNER CRUSHING ON THE HOT BAKER DOWN THE STREET, but he’s harboring a dark secret… “…I’m the proud co-owner of an indie bookshop, and I didn’t get here the easy way. I fought for everything I have. My entire life revolves around making sure my shop succeeds. Nothing distracts me. I live and breathe for this shop. I don’t have time for love. That’s why I never expected to feel this way about finding the sexiest man alive in a bakery with flour on his cheek…”
- Extra Innings by Jess Bryant & Maren Lee <— LIVE!! BASEBALL STAR ALERT!!
- Dane’s Storm by Mia Sheridan <— STRANDED AFTER A PLANE CRASH ALERT!!! Jean loved it (and I’m thrilled ’cause I want to read it so bad!!!! Totally my thing)
Jean: I had the whole day to myself yesterday. So what did I do? Read a book! Dane’s Storm by Mia Sheridan……LOVED IT! Stranded after a plane crash with her ex-husband!!!
- Ad Agency Series by Nicole Archer <— COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!!! So many recommendations for it, and Rochelle wants to second the recommendation for this series!
Rochelle: First I want to say thanks for the tip on the Tripped books by Nicole Archer. Fantastic.
- Watching You: A Novel by Lisa Jewell <— OHHHHH PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! This one is totally calling me!!! Everyone is watching and noticing… things that have to do with this teacher… “…One of Tom’s students, Jenna Tripp, also lives on the same street, and she’s not convinced her teacher is as squeaky clean as he seems. For one thing, he has taken a particular liking to her best friend and fellow classmate, and Jenna’s mother—whose mental health has admittedly been deteriorating in recent years—is convinced that Mr. Fitzwilliam is stalking her…”
- Highland Queen (The Celtic Blood Series Book 4) by Melanie Karsak <— LIVE!!!
- Fourkeeps (Ever After Duet Book 2) by Jayne Rylon <— LIVE!!! REVERSE HAREM ALERT!!
- Cavalier (Crimson Elite Book 1) by T.L Smith <— LIVE!! SHE’S INTO A COLD, DISMISSIVE MAN that works at the sex club… “Welcome to Crimson Elite, the most exclusive sex club in the world. Enter at your own risk, and always remember our number one rule—You must never speak of Crimson Elite—the punishment is severe.”
- Surviving Amber Springs: A Stand-Alone Contemporary Romance by Siobhan Davis <— LIVE!! SUPER-ANGSTY SOUNDING ALERT!! Everyone hates her and her twin brother… “...There’s no choice but to leave. To move clear across the country in a last-ditch attempt to start over. Transferring to a new school midway through senior year is hellish for most people. For me, it’s a welcome relief—until someone discovers our secret and now everyone knows. The pointing, whispering, and scathing looks follow me around again, and I’m back to square one. Except, this time, I’m not alone.…”
- Elusive Promise (Off The Grid: FBI Series Book 4) by Barbara Freethy <— LIVE!!!
- His Rock: A Marriage Mistake Romance by Ashlee Price <— LIVE!!!
- Finding Hope (Satan’s Sinners MC Book 7) by Colbie Kay <— LIVE!!! BIKER CLUB PROTECTION BUT SHE’S HIDING SOMETHING… “Women. I should stay far away from them, especially after the last woman I loved almost got me killed. I say that, but then why am I entranced by the quiet girl who stays in her room?“
- The Dating Alternative by Jennifer Woodhull <— LIVE!!! SEXY SWEET-SOUNDING COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! Her fiancé was dating someone else… “…There are some great things about being single. Going without… you know, s-e-x… isn’t one of them. My friends are trying to convince me that there’s an app for that, but it’s not working out so well. There is this one guy I’ve always sort of flirted with, though. For the first time since I’ve known him, we’re single at the same time. I’m so not ready to jump into another relationship, but maybe it’s time to find out if this friends-with-benefits thing can really work…”
- To Have It All by B.N. Toler <— JENNIFER CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND LOVED IT!
Jennifer: I also want to say that I am not much for a paranormal read….but I like to read one here and there. I had a book on my TBR that I would always look at and dismiss…
Than awesome Grey with her TBR challenge for Ugly book cover happened and I chose that because well the cover is awful.
BUT HOLY HELL GUYS-if you have not read “to have it all” by BN Toler you need to. I actually started this last week but did not read beyond the first chapter. Picked it back up yesterday and just started from the beginning and completed it in less than 24 hours.
I went to bed thinking about it, woke up thinking about it and even though I was at work could not focus on that till I finished.
I may have picked this book for it’s UGLY cover (and by the way the cover is PERFECT as once you read the story it makes so much sense) but there is nothing UGLY about this story. Definitely 5 stars for me!
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
R: Renee …My new obsession with audio books continues. I’m now finding things to do around the house just so I’ll have an excuse to “read.” Not that there’s ever a lack of things to do. I just don’t usually do them.
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Dark Notes by Pam Godwin <— Rochelle recommends!!
Rochelle: Wanted to put a plug in for Dark Notes… Audible has the five star listen. When you start you can’t stop. This is one of these books we are always looking for or the book you don’t want to end.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! )
- Tainted Bastard (Tainted Knights Book 4) by Terri Anne Browning – December 29th 2018
- The Lies We Tell by Brittany Butler – December 31st 2018
- Becoming his Monster (Playing with Monsters Book 3) by Amelia Hutchins – January 1st 2018
- Wicked Knight (Wicked Horse Vegas Book 5) by Sawyer Bennett – January 1st 2019
- Dirty Rich Obsession: All Mine (Reid & Carrie Book 2) by Lisa Renee Jones – January 2nd 2019
- The Secret to Dating Your Best Friend’s Sister by Meghan Quinn – January 3rd 2019
- Ransom (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team Book 1) by Laramie Briscoe – January 5th 2019
- Prisoner of Night (The Black Dagger Brotherhood series) by J.R. Ward – January 7th 2019
- Finding Alexei by Kendall Ryan – January 7th 2019
- An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen – January 8th 2019
- The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air) by Holly Black – January 8th 2019
- Untouchable by Jayne Ann Krentz – January 8th 2019
- Turning Point: A Novel by Danielle Steel – January 8th 2019
- Promises (Web of Sin Book 3) by Aleatha Romig – January 8th 2019
- Damien: A Stark Novel by J. Kenner – January 8th 2019
- Reckless Love (Cowboys and Angels Book 7) by Kelly Elliott – January 8th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).