8 SATURDAY UPDATES ADDED BELOW!!! You can’t miss ’em. I added them to the top of the list. 😀
Happy Friday and upcoming reading weekend!!!!
Guess what I’m reading now? That’s right… Swear on This Life: A Novel by Renee Carlino <— the next potentially huge hit (I’m already a HUGE fan of this author) coming out on Tuesday and I’ve been hearing from some early reviews that it’s yet another to be considered as the BEST BOOK of 2016. I already hit emotionally-addicting-and-affecting pay dirt with Colleen Hoover’s latest, It Ends with Us: A Novel (<— that one kept me up at night and had me in a book fog so thick I couldn’t see straight, and is MY “best of 2016” choice… at least so far 😉 ) but now, I’m finally ready for more oomph, and certainly willing to take on another breath taker.
- The Passenger by Lisa Lutz <— SATURDAY ADD-ON!! PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-SALE! Oh it sounds so good!!! Two women on the run together from their pasts, trying to save themselves! “Forty-eight hours after leaving her husband’s body at the base of the stairs, Tanya Dubois cashes in her credit cards, dyes her hair brown, demands a new name from a shadowy voice over the phone, and flees town. It’s not the first time. She meets Blue, a female bartender who recognizes the hunted look in a fugitive’s eyes and offers her a place to stay. With dwindling choices, Tanya-now-Amelia accepts. An uneasy―and dangerous―alliance is born…“
- Release: Breach 3.5 by K.I. Lynn <— LIVE ALERT!!!! Latest book in the “Breach” series that so many went crazy for. (series reading order)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky <— SATURDAY ADD-ON!! SUPER-SALE! It’s about a teen… ““wallflower” Charlie as he charts a course through the strange world between adolescence and adulthood. First dates, family drama, and new friends. Sex, drugs, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Devastating loss, young love, and life on the fringes. Caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it, Charlie must learn to navigate those wild and poignant roller-coaster days known as growing up.”
Erin: I’m reading the Perks of being a Wallflower. Loving it.
Elva: One of my favorite books is The Perks of being a Wallflower
- SIX by Ker Dukey <— JUST WENT LIVE SATURDAY ADD-ON!!! GANG MEMBER OUT FOR REVENGE ON THOSE THAT KILLED HIS WOMAN… “I knew a real love, a rare love, a love between two people that were never supposed to fall in love. Rival gang members are never allowed to fall in love and it cost us everything…”
- Never Too Late (Appleby Series Book 1) by Alyssia Leon <— JUST WENT LIVE SATURDAY ADD-ON!! Billionaire coming to renovate her family home… and take it. “Molly knows only too well the perils of love, but as she gets closer to Jake, her heart is in danger of being shredded to pieces all over again. Only, Jake isn’t looking for love, and he has plans for Barrowdene, Molly’s beloved manor house. When he leaves Appleby, Molly will find herself out on the streets along with her grandmother…“
- The Catching Kind (Brew Ha Ha #3) by Bria Quinlan <— SATURDAY ADD-ON!! BASEBALL STAR & HIS FAKE GIRLFRIEND SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! She’s an author that loses a bet with her agent… and now has to be a baseball star’s “girlfriend” to help his image… “…thanks to her girl-next-door image and role as pretend girlfriend to a womanizing shortstop, she’s getting the attention she always managed to avoid…”
- Priest (A Standalone Bad Boy Romance Love Story) by Claire Adams <— SATURDAY ADD-ON!! FORBIDDEN LOVE SUPER-SALE ALERT! Er… I dunno how a priest can also be a bad-boy, but… sure. I’ll go with it. 😉 Okay so, she meets him in a bar… (really?! A priest in a bar is certainly up to no good). LOL! I think someone needs to revoke his priest license. “One thing leads to another and I end up sleeping with him. I never have one night stands. I never sleep around. Until now. It’s not until I go to my first Sunday service at my new church that I realize who I slept with…the one person in church that is COMPLETELY off limits…“
- Bad Boy Billionaire: The Complete Series (A Bad Boy Alpha Billionaire Romance) by Claire Adams <— SATURDAY ADD-ON!! SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! Speaking of Claire Adams, I found this one, too! “Betrayed by his own family, Jack makes a deal with a devil from his past in order to secure access to his fortune. When Jack meets Leah Walsh, his father’s warehouse manager and a woman who is haunted by a secret from her past…”
- Darkness by Karen Robards <— SATURDAY ADD-ON!! SHE SAVES A LONE PLANE CRASH SURVIVOR ALERT! “Gina expects thunder and lightning—but what she doesn’t see coming is the small jet plane that drops out of the sky and into the water mere feet from her boat. Even more unprecedented: there’s a sole survivor from the crash, and he needs Gina’s help. But it turns out that rescuing the stranger and getting them both out of the oncoming storm is just the beginning…” (it’s on sale today!!)
- Penny in London by Fisher Amelie <— FISHER AMELIE ALERT!! & IT’S FINALLY LIVE!!!! Gorgeous cover, awesome author, and it’s been described as lighthearted and sweet! A little different for this author, and Tasha loved it!
Tasha: “…read Penny in London by Fisher Amelie, was super impatient and bought it on Sunday night from iBooks and had read most that night and finished Monday morning. It was a pretty quick read and I really liked it! It was more lighthearted as Maryse had mentioned than her other books I’ve read that’s just what I was in the mood for. I smiled throughout, it was romantic and sweet, sexy without being overly so, and a great ride all the way around.”
- Heartless by Winter Renshaw <— OMG THIS SOUNDS GOOD! And it’s on super-bargain today. She finds a journal… “…my intention was to return it the next day; safe and dry. Only I kept it. I kept it, and I read it. A week later, overwhelmed with curiosity and feeling guilty for harboring secrets that didn’t belong to me, I tried to return it. Only I wasn’t expecting to meet him…” Thank you to Nancy for finding it!!
Nancy: “Heartless by Winter Renshaw, has an oh so good blurb, that I had to 1-click… This is a *full-length* standalone romance. For a *very limited* time, the eBook version of Heartless will include a FREE copy of VEGAS BABY as well as a small sneak peek of her next book!”
- Oxygen Deprived (Kilgore Fire Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale <— JUST WENT LIVE YESTERDAY!!! LOL!! HIDE YOUR CRAZY ALERT! She’s pretty darn angry at her ex-boyfriend, and retaliates… “A rash decision—undoubtedly regrettable, undeniably unforgettable. In the heat of the moment, Aspen’s actions with a tire iron and her ex-boyfriend’s brand new SUV land him in the ER getting stitches and have her seeing the inside of a jail cell for the first time. It’s just her luck that the whole town is there to witness the result of her poor decision, including her police officer brother and the neighbor that already made it more than clear she was more trouble than she was worth. House arrest never looked so good. Hide your crazy.” <— *snort* TEE HEE!!!
- Something So Right by Natasha Madison <— LIVE FAMOUS HOCKEY STAR & A SINGLE MOM ALERT! “I didn’t count on the NHL’s golden boy, the beautiful, arrogant Cooper Stone turning my life and my hockey rink upside down. My kids are why I wake up in the morning. Hockey is what Cooper breathes for. We’re from different worlds and places in our lives but when our hearts collided something so wrong and different turned into something so right…“
- A Suitable Lie by Michael J. Malone <— LIVE PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!! He’s a single father after his wife dies, and one day he meets the perfect woman that loves his child too… “…she’s his perfect match … and she loves his son like he is her own. When Andy ends up in the hospital on his wedding night, he receives his first clue that Anna is not all that she seems. Desperate for that happy-ever-after, he ignores it…“
- Jonquils for Jax: The Rousseaus #1 (The Blueberry Lane Series Book 12) by Katy Regnery <— LATEST KATY REGNERY IS LIVE ALERT!!!
- In Deep: Chase & Emma (All In Book 1) by Callie Harper <— LIVE!!! OLYMPIC SWIMMER ALERT! “Chase is an Olympic swimmer going for gold. Focused, driven, intense. Emma is a blogger going for the scoop, and she has the perfect in. She’s gotten herself hired as his physical therapist…” (it can be read as a standalone!!)
- Olympic Heat by Sara York <— LIVE!!! M/M OLYMPIC SWIMMERS ALERT!!!
- The First Taste: A Slip of the Tongue Novel by Jessica Hawkins <— LIVE!!! HE’S A ROUGH BAD BOY & SHE’S A CAREER WOMAN ALERT! I really enjoyed the forbidden love story before this one, and this can be read as a standalone! “In the midst of a drawn-out, bitter divorce, all she wants is to bury herself in work. But when sharp-tongued Amelia and stubborn Andrew cross paths, sparks fly—and burn. Two things are obvious in an instant: they want each other, and they’re from different worlds…“
- Off Key: A Wreckless Abandon Novel by CJ Martín <— LIVE!! ROCK STAR ROMANCE ALERT! “…she moves to New York City to pursue her passion. One crazy decision causes her path to intersect with the sexy, troubled lead singer of Wreckless Abandon. She knows this man will break her, knows she should steer clear of him, but she’s powerless to resist him.What happens when lines between friendship and love are blurred?“
- Professed by Nicola Rendell <— FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT! Okay no, yeah. I’ve heard this before, but the blurb makes this one sound GREAT!!! STUDENT-TEACHER OOPS!!! But now they can’t stop. “She has to take his damned junior seminar to graduate, but it gets worse. He’s also her College Master: her boss, her advisor, her everything. And he’s just moved in, right downstairs. They can’t stay away from each other. They’re either fusion or fission or both. They’re making out in libraries, hiding notes between stones, and sneaking off to nautically themed AirBnbs. Hear that sound? It’s the academic code of ethics going up in flames. If they’re found out, he’ll lose his job and his reputation. She’ll lose her scholarship…“
- The Light Between Oceans: A Novel by M.L. Stedman <— RECENTLY RELEASED!! THEY LIVE IN A SECLUDED AREA & THEY FIND A BABY & SHE WANTS TO KEEP IT ALERT!!! “…after two miscarriages and one stillbirth, the grieving Isabel hears a baby’s cries on the wind. A boat has washed up onshore carrying a dead man and a living baby. Tom, who keeps meticulous records and whose moral principles have withstood a horrific war, wants to report the man and infant immediately. But Isabel insists the baby is a “gift from God,” and against Tom’s judgment, they claim her as their own and name her Lucy…“
- Once We Were Brothers by Ronald H. Balson <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE IT’S ON SALE ALERT!!! TWO FRIENDS THAT FIND THEMSELVES ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE HOLOCAUST and Lindsay went crazy for this one!
Lindsay: “Maryse, just read Once We Were Brothers Although not your typical genre, I know you will love it. Couldn’t put it down for anything…”
- Last Girl by K.S. Thomas <— HER TWIN BROTHER DIED… AND SHE INHERITED HIS COCKY BEST FRIEND ALERT! He’s been annoying her since they were little… “For better or worse, Trix and Penn have been the constant in each other’s lives, and the line between love and hate continues to blur at a steady rate…but Trix is the last girl on earth a guy like Penn should fall for...” (it’s super-bargain priced today)
- One Size Fits All by Shari Ryan, Courtney Cole, Gina Whitney, Danielle Jamie, Isabelle Richards, Misha Elliott, Gia Riley, Meghan Quinn, M.C. Cerney, Alexis Noelle <— New anthology just went live! 100% proceeds will be donated to the Purple Heart Foundation. “Thirteen bestselling authors bring you a collection of stories that aren’t a ‘One Size Fits All’. We’re bringing you laughter that just might cause you to pee your pants. Heat; that might cause you to fan yourself…“
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Swear on This Life: A Novel by Renee Carlino – August 9th 2016
- The Stage Dive Complete Collection (A Stage Dive Novel) by Kylie Scott – August 9th 2016
- Whatever You Need: (A Chicago Mafia Syndicate) (Castaletta Book 2) by Ali Parker – August 9th 2016
- Hard Rules (Dirty Money) by Lisa Renee Jones – August 9th 2016
- Close to You: A Fusion Novel by Kristen Proby – August 9th 2016
- Made for Sin by Stacia Kane – August 9th 2016
- Tailored for Trouble by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff – August 9th 2016
- Burn Down the Night by M. O’Keefe – August 9th 2016
- Reaper’s Fire: Reapers Motorcycle Club by Joanna Wylde – August 9th 2016
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things: A Novel by Bryn Greenwood – August 9th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).