It’s finally Friday and we have 25 book finds!! From sales, to new releases to reader recommendations (<— mostly those, which are my favorite ’cause you know they are tried and true), we have a weekend full of good reading waiting for us.
And, I’ll add more throughout the day, if we find ’em. So let me know if you see one that should be on here today.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Voyeur by Fiona Cole <— STUDENT TEACHER ALERT!!! Oooooh this sounds delightfully scandalous *waggles eyebrows* She doesn’t KNOW her professor is the one watching her… “...I didn’t know she was my student the first time I paid to watch her at Voyeur. Once she walked into my classroom, another smiling college freshman, I knew I should stop going. Stop watching. But I couldn’t do it. Everything about her makes me want more, and once I realize she wants me too, the temptation becomes irresistible. The worst part is that she has no idea her professor is the one watching behind the glass...”
Prodigal Son: Part One by Lauren Gilley <— LIVE!!! Lauren Gilley’s latest MC book!!! 😉 “Charlie Fox has a special role in the Lean Dogs MC, bouncing from chapter to chapter, doing the crazy, risky, deadly things the others can’t. Uncomplicated, unfeeling, unaffected…until now…” The author says (4 installments):
“…You can read along as we go, or wait for the final version, up to you. Part two should be out in June.
This is NOT a standalone, and timeline-wise begins shortly after the events of Shaman…”
- Unexpected Arrivals by Stephie Walls <— SUPER-BARGAIN & ONE OF NANCY’S FAVORITES OF 2017!!
Nancy: UNEXPECTED ARRIVALS by Stephie Walls in now on sale… & Kindle Unlimited, too! I think this is my favorite book written by Stephie Walls, and I have read most of them. It made my Favorite List of 2017.
Kandace: I’m on a total Stephie Walls binge. Maryse posted her newest book Unexpected Arrivals and I loved it. I loved it so much I dove straight into her backlist. Her duet “Bound” and “Freed” was so intense. Lots of drama and angst. Bound kind of had a DRIVE feels to it.
- Six Feet Under (Mad Love Duet Book 1) by Whitney Barbetti <— LIVE!!! SHE’S OBSESSED WITH HIM ALERT!! “...No one tells you that love is a disease. An infection that tears your heart apart, leaving you half the person you were before. A malady that leaves open wounds. An invisible disorder tracing scars in the places you couldn’t see if you weren’t looking for them. I was sick, but love didn’t heal me. Instead, it festered in my marrow, and drove me to unforgivable mistakes. Six was my first mistake, but he wouldn’t be the last…” (Nancy found it for us!!)
Talon: Omg. Maryse. Six Feet Under is a must read. So amazing!
Nancy: Meet Mira the most messed up Character you will ever find in a book. She admits to being certifiable crazy. Raised by a single mom who is Bipolar & you don’t know if her mental illness was due to hereditary or else PTSD or both! The book was told from her point of view. I was exhausted from being in her warped mind. The book is over 500 pages, but does end on a cliff hanger. The author does give you a chapter of the next book: Pieces of Eight (Mad Love Duet Book 2). (Release date May 9th).
- After Anna <— NEWLY MARRIED & HER DAUGHTER IS MURDERED… Okay this one is NO bargain, but it’s a thriller and sounds so good, and is a recent release, so I had to post it (since it gave me a blur jolt). 😉 “...Maggie and Noah know that having Anna around will change their lives, but they would never have guessed that everything would go wrong, and so quickly. Anna turns out to be a gorgeous seventeen-year-old who balks at living under their rules, though Maggie, ecstatic to have her daughter back, ignores the red flags that hint at the trouble brewing in a once-perfect marriage and home. Events take a heartbreaking turn when Anna is murdered and Noah is accused and tried for the heinous crime. Maggie must face not only the devastation of losing her daughter, but the realization that Anna’s murder may have been at the hands of a husband she loves…“
- Quinn (Vampires in America: The Vampire Wars Book 12) by D. B. Reynolds <— LIVE!!! VAMPIRES!!!
- Witch Wants Forever (The Witches of Wimberley Book 2) by Victoria Danann <— LIVE!!!
- Secrets Told (Moorhurst College Duet Book 2) by Allie Everhart <— DUET CONCLUSION!!
- I Dare You by Shantel Tessier <— LIVE!!! NEWFOUND FREEDOM UNTIL SHE MEETS HIM!! “Only a few months and she will be free, or at least, that’s what she hopes … until she meets him. Cole Reynolds is the devil disguised as a man. He wants her fear, he wants her blood, and he wants her soul. Just a little game, he says, I dare you…”
- Chase Calloway (Redemption Series, Book Two) by Sandi Lynn <— LIVE!! SHE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM… “...They adore me because I’m charming and fun until I walk away, leaving them crying on the floor and begging me to stay. I can have any woman I want with the snap of my fingers, except for one-an incredibly beautiful woman named Kinsley Davis. She isn’t affected by me in the least. In fact, she wants nothing to do with me…” I dunno. He does seem unabashedly full of himself. Maybe that’s it? 😉 Anyway, it’s a standalone. 😀
- Love in C Minor: a Backroads Duet (Volume One) by Mindy Michele <— LIVE!!! HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!! “…When you’re the daughter of the mayor and the police chief in a sleepy Kansas town, toeing the line is easier than the alternative. That is, until her brother’s best friend changes the rules…”
- Execution (Off Balance Book 2) by Lucia Franco <— TABOO ALERT!!! Recent release and Ratula found it for us!
Ratula: Lucia Franco’s much anticipated followup to Balance (Off Balance Book 1) – Execution came out on Monday and OMGGGGG it is crazyyy amazing. Taboo, addicting, pretty much a soap opera. Pretty much kindle crack and my top read for 2018.
- Scarlet Stone by Jewel E. Ann <— JEWEL E. ANN SUPER-BARGAIN!! I’m now hooked on her, and Nancy found us this super-bargain (that I haven’t read yet!!!) GASP!! 😉
Nancy: This book has been in my Wish List for a while …a deal!!
Melissa: I have fell in love with this author’s books over the past few months through reading When Life Happened, Look The Part, Undeniably You, Idle Bloom, and Scarlet Stone, every one of these amazing books a 5+ star read for me!!! I still have more of her backlist to get to and of course this new Transcend duet, and can’t wait to immerse myself in more of her brilliant stories!!! I have had deja vu moments and they always kinda freak me out LOL!
- Tinfoil Heart by Daisy Prescott <— FUN-SOUNDING RECENT RELEASE and we have feedback! D.G. is into it!
D.G.: LOVE the Quirkiness of this book so far!!! Just started reading and wondering …has Boone been possessed by aliens?!?!?
LisafromDFW: I started Tinfoil Heart last night. Excited to see where it goes
- Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata <— MARIANA ZAPATA SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Another Nancy find!
Nancy: This has been in my Wish List a long time! …50% off!
- Anonymous by L.P. Dover <— LIVE!!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! HE WANTS HER. “...I have an amazing job owning my own bakery, and a wonderful husband who I love and who loves me back. Never once did I have to worry about anything, at least, not until the texts started coming in. They always begin the same way … numbers that spell my nickname when read upside down. 31773. It’s someone from my past, only they won’t to tell me who they are, but that by talking to them, I’ll figure it out. It’s a game I refuse to play. Unfortunately, I’m left with no choice when things begin to take a dangerous turn. His name is Anonymous and there’s only one thing he wants … ME.”
- The Family at Number 13: An absolutely gripping psychological thriller by S.D. Monaghan <— LIVE!!! PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!! Her perfect life is not so perfect at all… “...behind closed doors the truth is very different. Her husband Andrew barely speaks to her, spending his days down in the basement alone. Her teenage nephew is full of rage, lashing out with no warning. Her carefully constructed life is beginning to fall apart. And then someone starts sending Mary anonymous notes, threatening her and her family…“
- Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men Book 2) by Giana Darling <— FORBIDDEN RECENT RELEASE & we have feedback!
Julie O: I just finished Welcome To The Darkside and loved it. It also reminded me of Undeniable. Going to read the first one in the series which is about his son who has a relationship with his teacher.
MichelleS: I finished Welcome to the Dark Side. Was on a list this last week sometime. Anyhoo… if you want an MC “fix” it’ll do the job. Reminded me a teeny bit of Sheehan’s work, only because she was 7 when she met him & he was 26!!! But he’s not like Deuce. Physically, yes, and alpha, yes, but not WTF did he just do.., you know?
- Sergio: a Dark Mafia Romance by Natasha Knight <— RECENT RELEASE MAFIA ROMANCE & we have feedback! It’s making Lisa cry!!!
Lisa M: Waaaa!!! I’m reading Sergio by Natasha Knight!!! 3rd book in the series!!! So good. But if you have read the series so far you know why I’m crying!!! Great mafia series!!! Anyone else read it???
- Burn So Good (Into The Fire Series Book 5) by J.H. Croix <— LIVE!! FIREFIGHTER/SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…a hotshot firefighter, he’s all about saving others. Life ripped us apart, stealing more than I could’ve imagined. Time didn’t heal all of my wounds, and time never let me forget what we once had. Once again, Caleb comes to my rescue. This time, I’m running from a different set of demons. Maybe this time we have a second chance...”
- The Woman Before You: The most shocking thriller you’ll read this year. by Carrie Blake <— LIVE!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT! SHE PLAYED A GAME WITH THE WRONG MAN… “…For Isabel Archer, dating is a way to pass the time in her otherwise comfortable life. She casts herself as the Perfect Girlfriend for every man she matches with, playing a different girl with a different back-story every night for months. It’s innocent – one goodnight kiss before swiftly deleting each profile – until she goes too far. Mathew likes playing games too…”
- Transcend Duet by Jewel E. Ann <— OUR LATEST 5-STAR BOOK FRENZY & JOY AGREES!!!
Joy: Let me start by saying that I am in love with Griffin and all of his ***holery at times. It’s so hard to write anything about this book without giving anything away, and there is soooo much to say about this duet! There were times when my heart rate spiked so high that I had to walk away from my iPad. There were things that happened that I feel was not explained in enough detail and I feel empty! GAH, sugar, honey, ice, tea, I wanna ask you guys questions, but I don’t wanna spoil anything.
This duet is too amazing to spoil for anyone that plans to read it. I love the way that she and Griffin love each other. My heart ached for baby Morgan and Nate! My heart felt torn apart for Swayze!!! That woman had gone through the wringer. Dr. Albright was a wonderful addition to the story. I laughed so hard at Swayze 2.0!!!!
I need a novella for this duet. Something that explains the “why” questions in detail. Doug, need I say more. I can’t give this duet enough stars. It rocked my world!
- Road-Tripped: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (Ad Agency Series Book 1) by Nicole Archer <— BACK ON THE LIST ’cause I’m getting more awesome/hilarious feedback! And then well… Uranus made us *snort* so hard it hurt. Turned us into 5-year old guffaw-ing boys! 😉 You’ll see:
Mona: I’m about 50% thru Road Tripped. It is laugh out loud hilarious! Where can I get a T-shirt for Intercourse, PA?? Reminds me of Uranus, MO and their infamous Uranus Fudge Factory!
Marina: Maryse, I am so happy you posted about Road-Tripped!!!! I hope you read it and am so excited that Mona and LisafromDFW will read it. I wanted to mention that it picks up after the first few chapters so stick with it. Soooo good and still thinking about it.
In fact I was in the hospital overnight and was reading book 2 in the middle of the night, Head-Tripped: A Sexy Rock Star Romance (Ad Agency Series Book 2). Great too! This one focuses on the other’s twin sister. Next up for sure is Disturbing His Peace. It’s been this slow tease reading about Danika and the Lieutenant and I NEED to know what happens with them!!! So excited to read. It’s been a great book roll. I feel like April is always a good book month. xoxo
Marina: Mona, I totally agree about needing that t-shirt!! Ugh, makes me want to read it all over again for the first time! (My older brother used to call me Uranus when I was little (we have a 7 yr age difference) and I didn’t get it. So sad.)
MichelleS: Did y’all hear the news? Scientists have discovered that Uranus smells like rotten eggs. I can’t make this crap up! Seriously. Uranus is smelly. https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/04/24/uranus-rotten-eggs-smell-study-orig.cnn My students died laughing today. Body functions are still a hit.
Marina: MichelleS, that is too much. Totally made me laugh! Classic.
Leslie M: Uranus is smelly!! *cackles with laughter*
- Godhunter (The Godhunter Book 1) by Amy Sumida <— TESSA IS INTO IT & MADE ME SNORT WITH THIS COMMENT!!
Tessa: I got involved with Godhunter by Amy Sumida. It’s a great book, but my mind has to slow way down when trying to pronounce Huitzilopochtli. It’s one of those names that doesn’t sound like it’s spelled and I start pronouncing it how it is spelled. Who-its-lee-oh-poach-tlee. It’s actually pronounced wee-tsee-loh-pohch-tlee. TOO MANY SYLLABLES! I hope he dies soon so I don’t have to pronounce that name any longer.
Maryse: Tessa you just made me snort!!!!! “TOO MANY SYLLABLES! I hope he dies soon so I don’t have to pronounce that name any longer.” Seriously that is a line that we need to keep in our “best of” our blog conversations list.
Tessa: Hes the god of war and sun and other things. his name in my head is now Wee Tee. Anyone who objects can take it up with the Aztecs for making their main God have such a tongue twister for a name.
Tessa: I have finished Godhunter! It’s the first of 22 books all on KU so I have a bunch of books to read. It was really good, though some things she recovered from WAY too quickly and others took her WAY too long. Still, it was fun and engaging, even if I did have to pronounce Wheety five hundred ways in my head. (By the end, he got named Weeteepeechee. Hopefully, I’ll get that name down eventually).
…And now he’s Wee tee poe tee. That god will probably never have a correct name unless a movie comes out featuring him and it repeats his name a ton of times. I did the same thing with Harry Potter. Until the movies, Hermione was Her me Own E. lol
- I Dare You by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— LIVE & IT’S #3 ON AMAZON!!! WOW!!! FOOTBALL HERO/BAD BOY & NERDY GIRL ALERT! “…The late night text is random, but “Badass Athlete” sure seems to know who she is… Delaney Shaw. Good girl. Lover of fluffy kitties and Star Wars. Curious. His dare? Spend one night in his bed—a night he promises will be unforgettable—and she can solve the mystery of who he is…”
- Bridging the Distance: A Kindred Tales Novel (Brides of the Kindred) by Evangeline Anderson <— LIVE!!! EVANGELINE ANDERSON ALERT!! My sister LOVES this series!!! 😀 “Lorelei Daniels is having a terrible day–her self-driving car repossesses itself, she loses her job, and she’s about to get kicked out of her apartment. What else could happen? How about a visit from a huge Kindred warrior begging her to come help him rescue his twin brother who has been turned into a Cyborg?“
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (A few of next week’s!!! )
- Torn (Torn Series, Book 1) by Melody Anne – April 30th 2018
- Rascal (Rascals Book 1) by Katie McCoy – April 30th 2018
- The Greatest Risk (The Honey Series) by Kristen Ashley – May 1st 2018
- Bro Code by Kendall Ryan – May 1st 2018
- The Good Luck Sister: A Wildstone Novella (Kindle Single): 3 by Jill Shalvis – May 1st 2018
- A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses) by Sarah J. Maas – May 1st 2018
- Dark Queen (Jane Yellowrock) by Faith Hunter – May 1st 2018
- Lennon Reborn: A steamy, emotional rockstar romance (Preload Book 4) by Scarlett Cole – May 1st 2018
- The Marriage Arrangement: A Marriage to a Billionaire Novella by Jennifer Probst – May 1st 2018
- The Replacement Wife: A Psychological Thriller by Britney King – May 3rd 2018
- His Pawn by Emily Snow – May 3rd 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).