YAY IT’S FRIDAY and we’ve found 21 books for the weekend! A few that just went live and a bunch of tried-and-true reader recommendations (and I mean books we LOVE!!) and awesome bargains. Keep checking back ’cause I’ll be adding more as the day goes on.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Kinda Don’t Care (The Simple Man Series Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LANI LYNN VALE’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! OH MY THIS ONE SOUNDS INTENSE!!! He’s so in love with her but… “...The moment he sees her walking down the aisle towards him, he knows that she’s the one. Then she passes him, making her way to the man she’s to marry. A man that wasn’t him…“
- You Complicate Me by Isabel Jordan <— LIVE!!! WHOOPS!! She threw up on him. 😉 “Grace Montgomery has a very simple plan. Fly to her younger brother’s wedding, stop the wedding, go home, make partner at her law firm. Almost getting arrested by air marshal Nick O’Connor? Not part of the plan. Neither was puking on him. (Don’t ask) Finding out he’s her soon-to-be brother-in-law…also a minor setback to her plan. And don’t even get her started on her untimely attraction to the tall, dark, and dead-sexy jerk…”
- HAVOC by Debra Anastasia <— DEBRA ANASTASIA’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! OHHHHH he sounds like a dangerous bad-ass!!! “...I’ve fought for what I have. I see you coming, before you even know you want a piece of me. In a city riddled with warring families, I’ll rise up between them. My people, the broken souls I gather will have power by the time I’m done with them. I protect mine. Him. My brother, Nix. Her. The girl that is the only home I’ve ever had. She knows me. I’m coming at you, Sweetness. Stay ready.”
- Hydraulic Level 5 (The Hydraulic Series Book 1) by Sarah Latchaw <— OLDIE BUT GOODIE!!!! R IS LOVING IT & now there may be a buddy-read going on!
R: Hydraulic Level 5 by Sarah Latchaw. This book is flipping awesome. The cover and title are terrible as far as romance is concerned. I NEVER would have picked it up because it sounds sci-fi or adventure-y, but one of my FB peeps was adamant to the point of threatening to buy it for me. It’s about childhood best friends who fall in love, get married, and then he leaves her when she’s only 21 to find himself/pursue his dreams etc (not clear on that yet). The book picks up where he’s coming back to town for his sister’s wedding (the h’s bff) and he’s now a famous author, *and* he’s bringing his editor/gf with him. Oh the angst! It’s one big heartache wrapped in really clever humor.
Cheryl: R. I read Hydraulic Level 5 when it was a fanfic. Loved it then and agree that the title is terrible.
- Bleeding Stars by A.L. Jackson <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! COURTNEY LOVED this series!
Courtney: I love your site and come here often for book suggestions. My favorite series I’ve read in the last year or so is definitely The Bleeding Stars Series!!! These are amazing. I’m not sure if you have read them or not !!? It had so many shocking moments , romance , angst , rock stars !!! Everything. !!!!! If you haven’t read these you must read them!!!! First one is “A stone in the Sea “ by A.L. Jackson
- Endorsed by Marni Mann <— MARNI MANN’S LATEST IS LIVE!! SHE’S HIS CLIENT’S SISTER... and she has a secret. “…We can’t finish what we started until I make my confession. I have a secret—one that wasn’t mine to keep. Before he can love me, he’ll have to find some way to forgive me…”
- Staying in Vegas: (Vegas Morellis, #1) by Sam Mariano <— Kayla found us this one!! “My favorite new release was Sam Mariano’s Staying in Vegas that just released today”
- What He Doesn’t Know Duet by Kandi Steiner <— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! BOTH BOOKS in this newly released LOVE TRIANGLE duet are bargain priced right now!!!
Nay: I’m loving the What He Doesn’t Know duet, even though it’s making feel like I want to punch someone (if I don’t get whiplash first)! I’m halfway through the second book
Heather: They were sooo good!
Cicely: Read this duet!!!! IT WAS SO GOOD!!!
- The Boy and His Ribbon (Ribbon Duet Book 1) by Pepper Winters <— TOP OF MY TBR LIST & NOW I’M HEARING IT’S FORBIDDEN!!! 😀
Sky: It’s one of the best book and ultimate read of 2018 so far. It was a utterly shocking yet Pleasant Surprise. I LOVED REN Wild and His DELLA RIBBON. The book gave a whole new dimension to the word “FORBIDDEN”. You must read it!!
- A is for Alpha Male by Laurel Curtis <— KRISTEN-ASHLEY FEEL & IT’S ANOTHER OLDIE BUT GOODIE!!!
Diana: I can’t stop smiling (and more often than not, laughing out loud). “A is for Alpha Male” by Laurel Curtis is so funny. I LOVE Haley and Alison as a dynamic duo. Their relationship gives me something to aim for with my own daughter.I downloaded “A is for Alpha Male” because I was looking for a light funny read after “Ruthless (Dark MC Romance)” by Vanessa Waltz. Wow, dark doesn’t quite do it justice. Definitely not for the faint of heart. Ok, back to “A is for Alpha Male”…I’m only 25% through the book and I already miss Danny and \ Haley’s story…and it hasn’t even really started yet! A great homage to Kristen Ashley. I expect this will be one of my favs.
- Drive by Kate Stewart <— HOLY MOLY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! MY BEST OF 2017 & it’s super-bargain priced!! Super angsty-romance that will infuriate and delight you!! 😉 And here’s my review (I gave it 5-STARS PLUS!)
Jen C: MARYSE DRIVE BY KATE STEWART IS ON SUPER AMAZING Bargain Price SALE! WHAT!!?? !!!
Teri: Just finished “Drive” oh my… I need a hug. I need a martini. I feel like I was hit by a Mack truck and now what am I going to read… Holy Me Oh My Oh, what a great, great, great, great, great (that’s 5-greats) book. When I first saw it popping up on this blog I thought ‘maybe’ but the gushing just never ended and I’m SO happy I jumped in on the “Drive” train. Thanks everyone for all great suggestions & gushes .Off to find my Martini. Just a little dirty.
- Sever (Closer Book 2) by Mary Elizabeth <— THE LATEST BY MARY ELIZABETH IS LIVE!! It’s NOT a standalone…
- Lock & Key by Cat Porter <— OLDIE-BUT-GOODIE BIKER BOOK! Nay is into it!
Nay: I finally read Lock and Key, the biker book by Cat Porter that’s been on my tbr for years, and I loved it! Lots of yummy, sexy biker brooding and grit without being over the top. And now I’m moving on to the next one.
- Limits by Susie Tate <— SHE’S SEVERELY RECLUSIVE… “…When she watches him she wishes she could be normal; she wishes she could be like the people he interacts with so seamlessly. Pavlos Martakis is her complete and total opposite: physically intimidating, likable, naturally attractive, extremely confident, sexually promiscuous: the most uninhibited, charming, outgoing and free person she has ever encountered in her life. He fascinates Millie; thrills and intimidates her in equal measure…” And Fiona LOVED it!
Fiona: I was waiting on it for a few months to come out & it was released with us in the UK yesterday. Yes I read quickly!!Its about a radiologist in a UK hospital & the relationships she has with her co-workers & with one senior doctor in particular Pav who begins to see a different side to her & starts to pursue her.
Its funny, sad, heartbreaking to think of for what Millie has gone through & very thought provoking and a great read.
This is the second book in this series but the characters in it are all in the previous book “Beg, Borrow or Steal” so its great to see them all back & see the relationship develop here with Millie & Pav. You will laugh at the the little girl Rosie & her collection of insects that she collects as a hobby!!
There is a lot of medical jargon in this ebook but I must say that the author who I believe is a doctor herself does not make it too high brow & again puts a funny slant to it.I find it funny myself coming from a medical background myself and can relate to the different scenarios.
There is an oveall arch to the book about how anxiety & social isolation can impact on a person especially with the upbringing that the heroine Millie had. Everyone sees her as an odd ball in her work but if you peel back the layers & get to know her you will see her as Pav does & realises that there is so much more to her and that she is worth so much more then what she thinks of herself…
Cant wait to read the next book out from this author….absolutely fab!
- Chosen For Me by Fiona Tulle <— SINGLE MAN WANTS TO ADOPT & SHE’S AN ADVOCATE FOR A LOCAL ADOPTION ORGANIZATION… “…When Debbie walks into Garrett’s shop, looking for sponsors for her fundraiser, it appears fate is on his side, and he’ll finally become the parent he’d always wanted to be. But when disaster threatens to strike, Garrett may get more than he bargained for…”
- Hopelessly Devoted: (Sacred Sinners MC – Texas Chapter #3) by Bink Cummings <— BIKER TRILOGY & IT IS NOW COMPLETE!! Book #3 just went LIVE! P.S. These CAN NOT be read as standalones.
LisaKay: I wanted to let you know Bink Cummings new book came out in the Texas MC series “Hopelessly Devoted”. Great author, that has a KA feel she is one of those that I automatically one click on her books!
- Runaway Train: The Complete Series by Katie Ashley <— KATIE ASHLEY SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!! ROCK STARS!!
Dina: OMG !OMG! OMG! Maryse you have to read Music of the Heart next!!! It is by far the BEST book I have read in a long time!
Jean: Love these books!!
- Thrilling Ethan by Anna Paige <— FAMOUS ROCK STAR & ARTIST & NOBODY KNOWS IT’S HIM until… “…Leading a double life when you’re famous is nearly impossible. Luckily, I’m always up for a challenge. For years, I’d balanced both worlds. More than that, I was killing it. A successful music career, Drummer for the most popular rock band in the world, And I’d amassed a huge following as a painter— Even if no one knew it was me. I had it all. Or I thought I did. Then I went toe-to-toe with my alter-ego’s biggest fan…”
- Chief: Rebel Guardians MC by Liberty Parker & Darlene Tallman <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! “…She’s noticed the good-looking officer, but her professional ethics keep her at a distance, which is a shame because she’s a beautiful, caring woman who longs to have someone to love. With Trinity making monthly visits to Hatch’s house, she sees Chief frequently and laments the fact that she can’t cross the line. Everything is going well, until she gets the Cunningham case...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (A few of next week’s!!! )
- Epoch (The Transcend Duet Book 2) by Jewel E. Ann – April 8th 2018
- The Thief: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward – April 10th 2018
- Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren – April 10th 2018
- Outnumbered by Shay Savage – April 10th 2018
- Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely – April 16th 2018
- Chaser: A Dive Bar Novel by Kylie Scott – April 17th 2018
- The Pecker Briefs: Ford and Viveka’s Story (The Legal Affairs Series Book 7) by Sawyer Bennett – April 17th 2018
- Save Me (Corrupted Hearts Book 4) by Tiffany Snow – April 17th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).