SUNDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! LAUREN BLAKELY’S LATEST JUST WENT LIVE EARLY!!! Unbreak My Heart <— They once broke each other’s hearts, and now she’s back but he’s not the same guy anymore… ➔➔➔➔
“…There’s so much I have to put back in place now that I’m alone and on my own. Things I never wanted at the age of twenty-five. When I receive an unexpected letter that might hold the clues to everything I desperately need to understand about my family, I’m sure I have to follow it. But that means leaving her once more.
She says she’ll come with me, and having her by my side will unbreak my heart . . . or destroy it.”
Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!! It’s time for our list (although it’s still a work in progress. I’ll be updating it all day). And finally one of our fellow readers read one of our 5-star favorites (below) and we are sqeeeeeeing for her. She. Flipped. OUT!!!! YAY MELINDA!! 😉
P.S. Wow… today, there are a few super-recommendations that made us delightfully furious and hooked us good. You’ll see, with the reader recommendations how hard they affected us. Consider them MUST-READS!!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Not So Nice Guy by R.S. Grey <— LIVE!!! R.S. GREY ALERT!! He’s “just” her best friend… “…Just Ian is…just my best friend. We’re extremely close, stuck so deep inside a Jim-and-Pam-style friendzone everyone at work assumes we’re a couple—that is until one day, word spreads through the teacher’s lounge that he’s single. Fair game. Suddenly, it’s open season on Ian. He should be reveling in all the newfound attention, but to our mutual surprise, the only attention he seems to want is mine...”
- Arsen. A broken love story by Mia Asher <— Melinda FINALLY read it and FREAKED OUT!!!!
Melinda: I just have to share. I am reading a book so good, let me emphasise soo good. I dont know how I have never read it before. Nay recommended it for me. It’s called ARSEN. I can’t do anything this book is consuming me. Everyone needs to read Arsen if they haven’t read it already.
Amy: *bites fist and quietly squeals* *giddily waits for the onslaught of SQUEEEEEEES from our Arsen-loving crew over Melinda’s comment*
Julie O: Isn’t ARSEN the book where she had that wonderful husband?
Grey: *squeeeeee* Told you so, told you so, told you so! *Grabs Maryse, Amy, Nay and Ela and dances in a little circle* ohhh, Arsen!
Melinda: WHY DIDNT YOU GRAB ME EARLIER AND TELL ME HOW GOOD IT WAS. GREY,YOU EVEN HAD A PFM AND DIDNT PICK IT. I really thought, I had read it. But no, I’ve never read this book. Yes, she does have the most gorgeous husband. And I want to take her down.
Maryse: OMG YAYYYYYY!! Another Arsen addict. Doesn’t matter WHEN that book was released, it still has THAT effect on those that just read it for the first time. I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!
Melinda: 10 big stars.. To be honest. It has been mentioned a lot. But I was sure I had read it. But no, I hadn’t. Thank you Nay. I think I was pulling my hair out at the end. Or I was going to punch Cathy out. And Grey, you must have mentioned 10 times how good it was. That’s exactly my kind of book. I just have to listen more closely next time. Still love ya.
Michelle G: I loved Arsen too – although I’m pretty sure I also wanted to take her out back and slap her around a bit!
Amy: Loved Arsen. LOVED it. “I’m afraid.” GAH!!!!
- The Consequences Series Box Set by Aleatha Romig <— DARK READ ALERT!!! LOOKIT WHAT I JUST ONE-CLICKED!!! Aleatha Romig’s entire “Consequences” series is BUNDLED & SUPER-BARGAIN priced right now!!! Lots of love/hate for one of the main characters in this series, so beware. 😉 I read the first two, and I was incensed!! I didn’t finish the series (even though I was hooked – it’s addictive) but maybe now I’m ready…
Grey: Consequences is not for the faint of heart… a strong constitution is needed… I threw my kindle at one point *blush*
Leslie M: Man, I wish I had a BR for when I read Consequences. That series gave me ulcers. (in a good way) … As much as I loved Consequences series, I have never read Beyond the Consequences book #5. Got to put on the big girl panties for this one.
Tessa: I read Consequences. (Boy was I swearing a blue streak at Tony!) …Consequences… I never forgave him. LOVED the series, but I never forgave him. I’m weird like that. I may hate the H/h but still love the book.
Anne: I loved the Consequences series! It was so so amazing! Highly recommend it!
Sharon: I have been devouring the Consequences series. I forgot who recommended it (THANK YOU) – but after book 1, I am hooked – and maybe even like Tony a teeny tiny bit.
Leslie M: It’s funny because when I read Consequences series I not only ignored my family, but I couldn’t sleep or eat or bathe. 😉
Cristina: I spent the weekend with the Consequences series. Definitely one of the most mentally and emotionally taxing reading experiences of my life. It was the most unpredictable love story I have ever read. This series shocked me and twisted my tummy over, and over, and over again. I say “love story” lightly. This series is not for the faint at heart. If you like an easy love story or an easy hero/heroine, run far, far away from this series. Is it dark? The first book yes. But after that, it was more emotional than anything else. I would call it a psych thriller. One quality I look for in my hero, in a dark series, is redemption. That’s what makes it a love story for me. It’s here, but it doesn’t come easy. I wasn’t sure after book #1 it was even possible for me, by Romig’s superior writing got me there. This series is going to stay with me for a while. These kinds of feels don’t go away easily. It’s time for a glass of wine and a light read. Phew! I’m brushing the sweat off of my forehead. Well done Aleatha Romig! Well done indeed!
- Imprisoned: Brides of the Kindred 22 by Evangeline Anderson <— LIVE!! EVANGELINE ANDERSON’S LATEST!!!
- The Man in Black: A Standalone Mafia Romance (Chicago Syndicate Book 9) by Soraya Naomi <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! Nay found us this one!!
Nay: Maryse–I almost forgot–could you please add a new release for today to the list? It’s The Man in Black by Soraya Naomi, a standalone in the Chicago Syndicate mafia series. Thanks!
- Bayside Heat (Bayside Summers Book 3) by Melissa Foster <— LIVE!! MELISSA FOSTER ALERT!! “…Serena has always had big dreams. As a teenager she dreamed of becoming an interior designer and marrying smart, musically inclined, sexy-as-sin Drake Savage. Now she’s finally landed a killer job with a top interior design firm, but though she has spent the last four years working side by side with Drake, he’s never made a move. Four years is long enough for her to accept reality, and her new job in Boston is the perfect way to move on. A weak moment leads to sizzling, sensual kisses, opening a door through which they’ve both been aching to walk…”
- INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main by Elizabeth Hunter <— ELIZABETH HUNTER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Kat found it for us!! She wants to sell books in his tattoo shop… “…Unusual? Yes. But a book shop/tattoo studio might be the ticket for both Emmie and Ox to find success on their own terms. As long as they keep their attention focused on business. Just on business…”
Kat: On sale… I absolutely loved this authors PNR looking forward to diving in
MichelleS: “Ink” is calling to me… LOVE Elizabeth Hunter’s writing (one of my favorite series is her Elemental Mysteries series)… and the H’s name is OX!
- Blood Type (Blood Type Book 1) by K.A. Linde <— K.A. LINDE VAMPIRE ROMANCE SUPER-BARGAIN!!! (Tessa enjoyed this one!!) “…A startling new vision of paranormal romance: When a human ventures into the world of vampires—a decadent milieu of blood-bonds and betrayal—she discovers that not all is what it seems.”
Tessa: If you want to read Blood Match, you HAVE to read Blood Type first. The first was really good, so I’m hoping the second is even half that.
- Web of Lies Series & Forever Bluegrass Series by Kathleen Brooks <— READER RECOMMENDATION!! Theresa recommends these!!
Theresa: I am sending this email to recommend Kathleen Brooks’ stories. I just started reading her books this year. The Forever Bluegrass series have been fun and really good. The completed Web of Lies series is quite apropos given the current political climate.
- Mr. Buff: A Flaming Romance by Milly Taiden <— LIVE!! They spy on each other… “Every morning, Alexandra drinks in the sexy vision of Mr. Buff through his office window across the alleyway. He takes his workouts seriously, and Alexandra never misses the opportunity to see him return half-naked, sweaty and pumped, to his office suite to shower. But when Alexandra bumps into Mr. Buff, aka Andrew Carter, at a club, things go from visual to physical. Turns out Andrew enjoys the view from his office just as much as she does from hers…”
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty <— 5-STAR SUPER-SALE ALERT!!! Another one of my favorites from a few years ago is on sale today!! Here’s my 5-star review.
Jean: Just finished The Husband’s secret and loved it.
Maryse: I read her “The Husband’s Secret” and it TOO hd multiple POV’s but they were SO warranted, since they all culminate into the WHOLE story once the end is revealed… even the strangers. So multiple POVs work and make things so gooooood…
Ela: I read my husband’s secret and it was super angsty and twisty! There are lots of turns and characters…
- Leave Before He Kills You by Juliette Duncan <— SHE HAD TO LEAVE HIM… “When his face grew angry, I knew he could murder… That face drove me and my three young daughters to flee across Australia. I doubted he’d ever touch the girls, but if I wanted to live and see them grow, I had to do something…“
- The Renegades Series by Rebecca Yarro <— SUPER-BARGAIN SALE ON ALL of this series (and more of her books) and Kathy LOVED them!
Kathy: all of Rebecca Yarro’s books are on sale for $.99 for 2 days only. Her Renegade Series about extreme stunt sport performers is one of my favorite series.
- Dancing in the Dark by T.L. Martin
- SCAR: A Dark Military Romance by Loki Renard
- Dash (Marked Skulls MC Book 5)
- Broken Glamour (Glamour Series Book 2) by Maggie Marr
- That Guy by Belle Brooks <— SHE SIGNS UP FOR A DATING SERVICE… “…She signs up to a new dating service that pairs you statistically to the one you’re supposed to love. Finding it — love that is — using the more conventional methods, has not been a successful venture for Mindy, and with her biological clock ticking, she uses a more desperate method and takes the plunge into a possible happily ever after. The thing is, when she boards the boat to a secret location, she doesn’t realise the man waiting for her is someone she’s previously met…’
- Blocked (Gold Hockey Book 1) by Elise Faber <— LIVE!! FIRST FEMALE GOALIE!!
- Beneath Series by Meghan March <— BINGE READ ALERT!! Kathy is LOVING them!!
Kathy: Oh and I just read the first three books in the Beneath the Ink Series by Meghan March. Why did I wait so long to read these books? I binge read them over vacation and am now on the 4th book.
Christina: Meghan March’s books just sucked me right in I literally locked myself in my room and let the hubby handle the kids!
- Dirty Halo by Evie East <— LIVE!!! HER ROYAL STATUS FEELS LIKE A PRISON “…when the entire royal family is killed in a deadly attack, the line of succession swiftly changes course. With her ailing father appointed king and no legitimate heirs in sight, Emilia is pulled from the shadows and thrust into a destiny she never wanted. If this were a fairy tale, the palace would be paradise. In reality, with a father she barely knows on the throne, a deadly assassin still on the loose, and enemies around every gilded corridor corner — the callous, captivating Lord Carter Thorne chief among them — it feels more like a prison to Emilia…”
- Kiss My Ash by Leddy Harper
- Crushed by Jennifer K. Thomas <— LIVE!! SINGLE MOM STARTING OVER… “...Determined not to get hurt again and to protect her young daughter, she struggles to move past the pain and regain her confidence. Luke Taylor thought he got over Jessica a long time ago. After ten years apart, he certainly didn’t expect to still be drawn to her like this. Even though their relationship ended in heartbreak, he can’t stop thinking about her and all the what-ifs...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (The next few days & a few of next week’s!!! )
- Richer Than Sin by Meghan March – August 14th 2018
- An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena – August 14th 2018
- Trick Play (Mavericks Tackle Love Book 3) by Max Monroe – August 14th 2018
- Bishop: An Arizona Vengeance Novel by Sawyer Bennett – August 14th 2018
- Dirty, Reckless Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor Book 3) by Lexi Ryan – August 14th 2018
- Blind Kiss: A Novel by Renee Carlino – August 14th 2018
- Hunter Hunted (The Lizzie Grace Series Book 3) by Keri Arthur – August 14th 2018
- Boy Toy by Sarina Bowen & Tanya Eby – August 14th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).