<— I’m making this one (The Bourbon Thief) “King of the Friday List” today ’cause I keep hearing how absolutely amazing it is!!! And since Jan is in a book funk right now,
Jan: “Darn it! I need another new, good book STAT! … Just something well-written and romantic. Suggestions welcome”
I figured maybe THIS one would pull her out of it. 😉
Plus, my friend Natasha even chose it as her favorite book to giveaway in that recent “Kindle” giveaway where a bunch of us loaded it with our absolute latest favorites this year! And then Monique goes and tell me “This brings new meaning to a book hangover!” <— What what whaaaaaaat??! So now I just gotta know what it is that has so many 5-starring it. I LOVE tried-and-true five star books!
Cheryl: OMG Maryse, I just commented on another post about The Bourbon Thief and having it in my tbr but couldn’t remember who rec’d it and said it was a 5* read. Guess it’s meant for me to read it!! 😉
Jean: Cheryl, I’m having problems deciding on my next read too. The Bourbon Thief was loved by Ela and Grey!
Maryse: YAY!!!! Oh… darnit. I already told bev I’m reading her recommendation. Well… that’s okay. It’s what I’m in the mood for, anyway (office hate – and maybe romance? *waggles eyebrows*). But then this one next!!! 😀
And look what else we found! (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Born Sinner (Se7en Sinners Book 1) by S.L. Jennings <— LIVE!!! S.L. JENNINGS PARANORMAL ROMANCE ALERT! He’s there to rid the world of her, to save humanity, and kidnaps her… “I was bred for one purpose and one purpose only: to unleash death and destruction on my world. My thoughts are power. My words are weapons. Evil created me then grace tried to save me. But first… they tried to kill me. They call themselves the Se7en. They are sin and salvation, and everything we’ve feared from the beginning of time. And their leader is the deadliest of them all…“
- Recon (The Fringe Book 1) by Tarah Benner <— DYSTOPIAN/SCI-FI WITH ROMANCE & Fabi went CRAZY for it!
Fabi: “I just finished reading a sci-fi called Recon by Sarah Benner that I FLOVED. It’s a dystopian sci-fi with a little splash of romance. I was glued to that story. When it ended I couldn’t click and download book 2 fast enough. It’s so good! I’ve been meaning to read Recon for so long. *shakes head* There are amazing gems buried in my tbr.”
- The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz <— 5-STAR LOVE FOR THIS ONE ALERT!! A few of my friends have 5-star LOVED this author’s latest release and Monique HIGHLY recommends it too!
Monique: “Maryse, I just finished reading The bourbon thief by Tiffany Reisz, and I’m lost for words. My words couldn’t do this book justice so you need to read it. This book unexpectedly intoxicated me and was an absolute top shelf read, you will want to savior every sip…I mean page! This brings new meaning to a book hangover!”
- Something So Right by Natasha Madison <— HOCKEY STAR & SINGLE MOM BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Taylor read it from last Friday’s list and LOVED it!
Taylor: “Omg!! Thanks to your recs i read Something So Right by N. Madison it was amazing!! Do you know if or when she is planning to release another book? Maybe a spinoff? Thank you really this book blew my mind”
Lori: “I hope y’all get a chance to pick this one up. I L O V E D it. It’s fun and sweet and definitely Hot.”
- Dirty English by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— CAMPUS BAD-BOY STREET FIGHTER ALERT! Oh wow… this kind of sounds like one of my favorites. Could it be a “What to Read After…” book? 😀 He’s her new neighbor… “A tattooed British street fighter, he’s the campus bad boy she’s supposed to avoid, but when he saves her from a frat party gone bad, all her rules about sex and love fly out the window.” On super-bargain today!
Lisa: Dirty English was great.
Tessa: I loved Dirty English. It was just fun and made me happy reading it.
Emily: I just finished Dirty English and highly recommend it. I know this gets tossed around a lot, but it really had a Beautiful Disaster feel to it. I’ve been in a funk with this genre — tired of diluted versions of what initally turned me on to it (BD, Fifty Shades, etc.) — but this one really satisfied.
- The Pub Across the Pond by Mary Carter <— SHE BUYS A RAFFLE TICKET AND WINS!! “At thirty, she’s living a stifling existence in Cleveland, Ohio. Then one day, Carlene buys a raffle ticket. The prize: a pub on the west coast of Ireland. Carlene is stunned when she wins. Everyone else is stunned when she actually goes…” It’s on sale today and it sounds SO FUN!!
- The Summer Games: Settling the Score by R.S. Grey <— OLYMPIC STAR ALERT! Nancy found us this super bargain!!!
Grace: Summer, Summer, Summer Games!!!!! *dances out the room singing*
Jan130: Yeah Grace. I enjoyed Scoring Wilder and The Summer Games as well. Both sweet reads, even for those who aren’t usually into sports romance. Oh yeah, Freddie is HOT!!
Lisa: I read The Summer Games by R S Grey based on this list. I really liked it!
- The Summer Games: Out of Bounds by R.S. Grey <— RECENTLY RELEASED OLYMPIC STAR ALERT! Nancy found us this one super-bargain priced today, too!
Anna: Just finished Summer Games: Out of Bounds by R.S. Grey. I loved it! Great sexual tension between the characters. Mild taboo with him being her coach. I immediately went back and got the first Summer Games book (Settling the Score) because I want more Olympic hotness to amp me up for the real Rio Olympics. This author writes sexy sporty in way I can’t get enough of.
- Against the Ropes (Redemption Book 1) by Sarah Castille <— MMA FIGHTER ALERT AND I LOVED IT!! Plus, Laura found us this one on sale today!! (here’s my review)
- The Hating Game: A Novel by Sally Thorne <— COLLEAGUES THAT ABSOLUTELY HATE EACH OTHER ALERT! “…they have no problem displaying their feelings through a series of ritualistic passive aggressive maneuvers as they sit across from each other, executive assistants to co-CEOs of a publishing company. Lucy can’t understand Joshua’s joyless, uptight, meticulous approach to his job. Joshua is clearly baffled by Lucy’s overly bright clothes, quirkiness, and Pollyanna attitude…” bev is reading THIS recent release and is enjoying it!
bev: The heroine in the Hating Game is only 5ft, so making me think of all you short ladies on here. It’s very much a part of her character and identity…. Maryse, I’m not done yet, but I need to throw a The Hating Game peanut at you. *open hand and drops a handful on top of Maryse ‘ s head” I can do that cause your so short.
Maryse: Hey I’m a short lady! 5′ exactly! And… HA. HA. bev. *snort* Is it really good bev? I’m intrigued…
bev: I seriously enjoyed The Hating Game, yet expensive.
Tasha: I placed a hold on The Hating Game at my library, only 15 ppl ahead of me, must be a popular one .
Maryse: Okay that’s it!!! I’m starting it today. TOTALLY in the mood for this and I need a slight break from my heart-ripper that I’m reading right now that is also making me have nightmares. But it’s good… I just need something lighter like this. PERFECT! LOL!!!!
- Monday (Timeless Series #1) by E.L. TODD <— UNREQUITED LOVE ALERT! “Our eyes lock and an unspoken conversation is exchanged. For the first time in my life, I actually feel something. But he doesn’t. He keeps me at arm’s length and pretends there’s nothing between us…” (it’s super-bargain priced today)
- Abandoned In Search Of Rainbows by A. K. Driggs <— AUTOBIOGRAPHY ALERT! Heather recommends this one!
Heather: “I am reading a great autobiography/memoir about a beautiful story called Abandoned In Search of Rainbows by AK Driggs. I needed some inspiration and happiness in my life, I think we all do. Her story from birth makes my problems seem small and that’s ok with me!”
- One by Jewel E. Ann <— JEWEL E ANN ALERT! Recent release and it’s back on the list ’cause now, Linda LOVED it, too!
“Just finished One by Jewel E Ann and once again a masterpiece read!!! Loooved it sooooo hard!!!! Highly recommend reading the Jack and Jill series first to get the full back story.”
- Thicker than Blood by Madeline Sheehan & Claire C Riley <— DYSTOPIAN FAVORITE ALERT! Many of our fellow readers bring this one back to the forefront ’cause they loved it so. Or it messed ’em up. 😉 LOL! “Leisel and Evelyn are able to escape their shattered sanctuary only to find themselves face-to-face with a much altered, much crueler life where they have to find the way—and the will—to stay alive in a world they no longer recognize…”
Tasha: I loved Thicker Than Blood, ending and all. One of my favorite dystopian reads. I also read Beneath Blood and Bone (Thicker than Blood Book 2) and there’s this part in it that I still have a question about and drives me crazy, though it’s a spoiler.
Jean: Yoohoo Amy, did you hear me cursing you all the way over there on the west coast? Yeah, Thicker Than Blood…..why do you do that to me? The ending killed me!
Amy: Oh geez, Jean…I missed it when you finished TTB!! Was I right about the ending? I swear, I SO wasn’t expecting all of that. It was one of those “What? WHAT??” endings. I’m still not sure about reading the second book 😕 Tasha, I didn’t know there would be a third book (I still have yet to read the second though…I’m just not sure I can read about HIM)
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Book 1) by Laini Taylor <— FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT! Young recommends it too!
Young: “Hi guys! I just finished a fantastic book and wanted to recommend anyone who’s in book funk. It is called Daughter of smoke and bone by Leni Taylor. I think someone here (maybe Bev?) recommended before. It is labeled as YA/fantasy but I didn’t feel it too YA.”
- Fear University by Meg Collett <— PARANORMAL/SHE CAN’T FEEL PAIN ALERT! “…they kidnap me and take me to Fear University, a school where young students learn to hunt and kill aswangs. I arrive at the university a prisoner, but I stay because I finally find my freedom. For once in my life, I belong. I’m needed…” and Tracie & Lori recommend this one BIG time!
Trace: “Hey Maryse! Lori and I just read this series over the weekend and we loved it! Not sure if you’ve heard of it, so far it’s 3 books with more to come. Romance, PNR, tons of suspense and great writing. Fear University by Meg Collett.”
- Harry Potter Black Cauldron Ceramic Soup Mug with Spoon <— OMG I LOVE IT!!!! Okay… I just fell in LOVE with this set that I saw scrolling down my Facebook feed, and while it may not be a book set, it sure as heck is book related and CRAZY awesome. Take a look!
Stephanie: Ummm… hi i must own this!
Jennifer: Ohhh my GOD !!!!!!!! Take my money
Renee: Oh, I love that!!
Stephanie: OMG! How do I not already have this?
- Harry Potter Ceramic Cauldron Mug <— It’s the matching coffee or tea (or other stuff 😉 ) MUG!!!
- Harry Potter Hedwig Ceramic Mug <— AND THIS mug!!! IT’S SO CUTE!!!!!!!
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys <— END OF WWII & SURVIVORS ARE BOARDING A SHIP TO FREEDOM ALERT! “Just when it seems freedom is within their grasp, tragedy strikes. Not country, nor culture, nor status matter as all ten thousand people—adults and children alike—aboard must fight for the same thing: survival…” Tasha LOVES this one!
Tasha: “So I finally decided what to read and went ahead and finished Salt to the Sea. Highly, highly recommend! …it was a great book and once I got in the rythm of it, I was enthralled. It’s told from 4 different narratives, Florian, Emilia, Joana, and Alfred. And in the audio book, 4 different voices, which I thought was cool. Set in the WWII era, there’s heartbreak, tragedy, a bit of romance, secrets, and friendships. My only complaint was it was a bit of an abrupt ending. Though you get closure, I would have liked to see a little more of how they got there.”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- A Beautiful Funeral: A Novel by Jamie McGuire – August 15th 2016
- Midnight Soul (Fantasyland Series Book 5) by Kristen Ashley – August 15th 2016
- Arcana Rising (The Arcana Chronicles Book 5) by Kresley Cole – August 15th 2016
- Ravage: A Scarred Souls Novel by Tillie Cole – August 16th 2016
- Wolf’s Mate (Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club) by Chantal Fernando – August 16th 2016
- Curious Minds: A Knight and Moon Novel by Janet Evanovich & Phoef Sutton – August 16th 2016
- The Sight: A Devil’s Isle Novel by Chloe Neill – August 16th 2016
- Magic Steals: A Novella in the World of Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews – August 16th 2016
- The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer – August 16th 2016
- Ravage: A Scarred Souls Novel by Tillie Cole – August 16th 2016
- Sting by Sandra Brown – August 16th 2016
- I Like Big Dragons and I Cannot Lie (The I Like Big Dragons Series) by Lani Lynn Vale – August 17th 2016
- Always Room for Cupcakes by Bethany Lopez <— The author says: ”Cupcake Overload is book 2 in the Cupcakes Series, and is available for preorder now. It is releasing on Aug 22nd. In this second installment of my Romantic Comedy/Suspense series, Lila and her friends are pulled in to a murder investigation whose lead suspect is one of Cade’s brothers. Lots of shenanigans and cupcakes! ” August 22nd 2016
- Loving Deviant (Cyborg Seduction Book 9) by Laurann Dohner – August 23rd 2016
- I’ve Seen You Naked and Didn’t Laugh: A Geeky Love Story by Eden Butler – September 27th 2016 <— LOL!!!!
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).