GOOD MORNING, HAPPY FRIDAY and happy long weekend to many of us!!! Here’s our weekly “Friday Finds” list that I will be adding to throughout the day as we find more (I’m still working on it ;))
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Right Side of Forever (The Perfect Duet Book 2) by Meghan Quinn <— MEGHAN QUINN ALERT!! DUET CONCLUSION IS LIVE!!!
- Love Online by Penelope Ward <— PENELOPE WARD WARNS… LAST CHANCE to get her latest release at the new-releases price! PRICE CHANGING SHORTLY!!
Ashley: I read Love Online by Penelope Ward and loved it! It totally sucked me in.
Jenn: I’m currently reading “Love Online” I have never read one of her books before but that cover got me….he looks like Paul Walker!
Jean: Automatic 1- click for Love Online…. that man is Gorgeous! Stunning! Hot!
- Whole Lotta Love (Rock Star Hearts Book 1) by Amity Cross <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! “…When small town girl Juniper Rowe meets a sexy, brooding guy on an isolated beach in the middle of nowhere, she’s shocked to learn he’s missing bad boy rock star Sebastian Hale. Drawn together by fate, they find solace in their shared darkness, unable to resist the passion their tortured souls ignite in one another. But when the reality of Sebastian’s life is revealed, Juniper learns a hard lesson…”
- Pippa Grant (author) <— marina is devouring her books!!! P.S. The author just had a new release and I posted it below!! 😀
marina: I’ve also been devouring all of Pippa Grant’s books since I saw a post by Cheryl a couple weeks ago. Love the madcap craziness in her books. Total escapism romcoms. Love them and so glad I found them here. Love your site Maryse, it’s like therapy.
Jean: …if you want another REALLY FUNNY book, MISTER MCHOTTIE!!!!!! Highly recommend!
- Hawthorne & Heathcliff by R. K. Ryals <— WHY DIDN’T YOU READ IT SOONER??? Kandace recommends this one!!
Kandace: I always recommend Hawthorne and Heathcliff by R. K. Ryals. I read it a few years ago. It’s one of those books you wonder why you didn’t read it sooner.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han <— OUR LATEST FAVORITE YA MOVIE & marina is hooked… and now she wants to read the books!
marina: I have been obsessed with the movie “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before”. Watched it twice in 24 hours this week. Soooo good and now I really want to read the books. Somehow I missed the posts here a couple years ago right?
- Payback’s A Bitch (Awkward Love Book 6) by Missy Johnson <—- WE HAVE A BIT OF FEEDBACK on this series!
Cheryl: I started reading Payback’s a Bitch last night. I have read another in the series- Too Much Information (Awkward Love Book 3); funny and I always enjoy a medical H/H if it’s as long as the medical aspect is fairly accurate.
- My Oxford Year: A Novel by Julia Whelan <— I LOVED IT & now… more fans of my latest 5-STAR PLUS favorite!!!
Kathe: Thx Maryse for the recommendation of My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan. I absolutely loved it!
Amy: I loved how the author ended the story and WHERE she left it. The epilogue…the waterfall…the FEELS…oh, my heart…
- Waking Olivia by Elizabeth O’Roark <— SEMI-TABOO ALERT!!! R enjoyed this one!!
R: …just read Waking Olivia by Elizabeth O’Roark which I loved. It’s not all that taboo, but has both (semi-taboo) “teacher”/student trope and enemies to lovers. …I LOVE IT! Soooo swoony.
LisafromDFW: I’ve been reading books based on all the 2017 favorites lists. The latest is Waking Olivia. It is a “forbidden” (not very forbidden ) SLOW BURN CR. The MC fight the attraction. Catnip! I liked it!!! I’m on to the next book. Drowning Erin.Ashley: One of the books I read this year that I wondered why I didn’t read sooner was Waking Olivia by Elizabeth O’Roark (the next one Drowning Erin was good too) it was absolutely amazing and I highly recommend it.
- Hot Heir: A Royal Bodyguard / Secret Heir / Marriage of Convenience Romantic Comedy by Pippa Grant <— BRIDE OF CONVENIENCE ALERT!! “If I had to pick a bride of convenience, my first choice would NOT be Peach Maloney. My fiftieth choice would NOT be Peach. Top spot on my list of occupational hazards? Yes. Royal pain in the crumpets? Yes. A bride of convenience? No. But I’ve unexpectedly gone from royal bodyguard to monarch...”
- Bad Girl Gone Good by N. Franko <— SHE IS A DATING SCAMMER!! “Abby is a waitress by day and professional online dating scammer by night. She takes money from unsuspecting men without remorse. So, when tech millionaire Nolan Graham contacts her online persona, Abby sees her opportunity for a giant payday. But, Nolan is on a mission of his own…”
- Ginger’s Heart: (inspired by “Little Red Riding Hood”) (A Modern Fairytale Book 3) by Katy Regnery <— KATY REGNERY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! Oooooh!! Inspired by “Little Red Riding Hood”!!! I love the sound of that!!
- Temptation by JD Hawkins <— RICH PLAYBOY WANTS TO SETTLE DOWN… “…I know I’ve been living like a monster for too long. I need to get my act together. I need to find something real. I need to come home. LA means family and a fresh start. My parents and my friends who are close enough to be siblings. And Melina...”
- Best Kept Secret: A Novel by Amy Hatvany <— SHE’S DOWNWARD SPIRALING & OMG I ONE-CLICKED IT!!!!! Okay my book-twin Amy just found us TWO SUPER-BARGAINS!!! They sound INCREDIBLE and intense and crazy – totally our kind of thing (well many of us anyway) and I one-clicked ’em both! P.S. THEY ARE NOT a set… (not associated with each other at all, just MY kind of read so I one-clicked ’em both)!
Amy: Best Kept Secret by Amy Hatvany is on sale…, down from 11.99! I’m a sucker for an h whose life is spiraling out of control.
Maryse: Okay yeah I TOTALLY just one-clicked Best Kept Secret by Amy Hatvany. YAY ME!!!
- Accidents of Marriage: A Novel by by Randy Susan Meyers <— MARITAL STRIFE ALERT!! AND HERE’S THE OTHER ONE THAT I ONE-CLICKED!!
Amy: I have another deal for us! Accidents of Marriage by Randy Susan Meyers is on sale …And MAN, does it sound intense. CLICK!!!!
Maryse: Annnnnd Accidents of Marriage too. MINE!!! WOWWWWWW!!!!
- Broken by Crystal Kaswell <— SHE BROKE HIS HEART BUT SHE’S GOT A SECRET… “...I left and I took his heart with me. That was supposed to be it. The end. Forever. Now, I’m face to face with Trent, staring into those soulful brown eyes, choking on all the things I want to say. My heart is begging for his comfort. My body is begging for his touch. My head… my head knows better. He hates me for leaving. But if he knew the truth… This is one secret I’m taking to my grave...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Waking Olivia by R chose it as a recent favorite (up there!!) and Cheryl ALSO enjoyed this one, but in audio form!
Cheryl: Have been listening to Waking Olivia while cleaning and decorating porch. Forgot how fun and productive it is to listen to a book.
- The Kiss Quotient: A Novel by Helen Hoang <— Michele G recommends it!
Michele G: I listened to The Kiss Quotient on audio – – I thought it was very good. Give it a try!
PREORDERS (…a few of next week’s!!! )
- Flirting with Forever by Kendall Ryan – September 3rd 2018
- Leverage in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel (In Death, Book 47) by J.D. Robb – September 4th 2018
- When the Lights Go Out by Mary Kubica – September 4th 2018
- Stygian (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherilyn Kenyon – September 4th 2018
- In His Father’s Footsteps: A Novel by Danielle Steel – September 4th 2018
- Kiss the Girl (The Naughty Princess Club) by Tara Sivec – September 4th 2018
- Cross Her Heart: A Novel by Sarah Pinborough – September 4th 2018
- Dark Sentinel (Carpathian Novel, A) by Christine Feehan – September 4th 2018
- Night and Silence (October Daye) by Seanan McGuire – September 4th 2018
- Misadventures with a Master (Misadventures Book 13) by Meredith Wild & Mia Michelle – September 4th 2018
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren – September 4th 2018
- Timid (Lark Cove Book 2) by Devney Perry – September 4th 2018
- Mess Me Up (The Bear Bottom Guardians MC Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale – September 6th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).