HAPPY FRIDAY!!! AND!! Happy birthday to our fellow book-crew member, Tessa!! 😀
I LOVE THE WEEKEND and I’m going to read my heart out. I’ve already got three books lined up (one psych-thriller, one super-angsty and one comedy romance). I started two of them ’cause I’m just not sure if I’m in the mood right now for angst or for funny. 😛
Amy: Okay Maryse, give up the goods…what is the super-angsty one you’re looking at for this weekend?
Maryse: Amy!! Gladly!
But… then this list came to be, and…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Bedfellows by Lola Leighton <— KENDALL RYAN IS WRITING AS “LOLA LEIGHTON” ALERT!!! Rumor is on my Facebook feed (anyway) that Kendall wanted to write something much… steamier. 😉 So that’s her “steamy” book” name. 😛 Annnnnd… they want to share her… 😉 “…Apparently I tick off every box on their list–brains, beauty, and sass. I never hesitate to put both men in their places–which they find sexy as hell. One problem, I’m a traditional girl, with traditional values–one man, one woman, till death do us part–kind of values. They’re willing to work to prove how very right the three of us could be, but what happens next is anyone’s guess…”
- Playboy by Katy Evans <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE MORE FEEDBACK!
JulieO: Loved PLAYBOY!!! Cullin was much dreamier than Callan. Of course the best in the series is Saint. No one can touch him. Learned a lot about gambling in Vegas also. Kinda interesting. Now onto that new KA biker book. Can’t wait.
- Cuffed (Everyday Heroes Series Book 1) by K. Bromberg <— K. BROMBERG ALERT!!! One of her recent releases is SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED and yep! I one-clicked it. 😉 Also, I hear it’s angstier and more serious than the cover would indicate.
Leslie M: This was an emotional read despite the cover making it look “fun”. There was one hilarious scene at beginning but most of story had me tearing up
Kooloo: So I just finished a 5 Star read entitled CUFFED by K Bromberg and struggled with my rating until I found out it is based on real life events that involved the author – there are of course triggers which made even more relent knowing it actually happened. But it also made me lol and swoon… loved it xoxo
- End Game (Dawson Family Series Book Two) by Emily Goodwin <— DUET CONCLUSION “END GAME is book two in The Dawson Family Series and concludes Quinn and Archer epic love story.”
- Pucked Up Love (Bad Motherpuckers Book 5) by Lili Valente <— THE HOCKEY STAR, THE EX HE’S TRYING TO GET OVER & HIS NEW ONLINE GF… “…A few sizzling–and hysterical–emails later we arrange to meet. I’m hoping we’ll have chemistry, and I might finally be on my way to getting over my ex-girlfriend. And then the gate to the beer garden swings open and in walks Hailey. My ex is Curious Cat, and this experiment just got a hell of a lot more complicated…”
- Sparks Fly by Lauren Runrow <— LAUREN RUNROW SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! HER AMAZING NIGHT WITH A PRINCE… “…I’ve had the most amazing night of my life — with a complete stranger. Solving a riddle led me on an adventure I never could have imagined, only to be left in handcuffs next to the last person I ever expected to see. Prince Sage Stevinson. I’m considered one of the lucky ones. One of only four women who are in line to marry the Prince of Canterbury due to some antiquated law that should have been updated five hundred years ago…”
- MVP (The MVP Duet Book 2) by Laramie Briscoe <— LARAMIE BRISCOE ALERT!! “Read the stunning conclusion to The MVP Duet.”
- Pucker Up (Kiss Talent Agency Book 4) by Virna DePaul <— SHE’S SECRETLY IN LOVE WITH HIM… “…He’s my brother’s best friend, but a bookish nerd like me would never fit into his celebrity-chef, serial-heartbreaker world. I don’t do risks. Lawyering feeds my bank account. Anonymous food blogging feeds my soul. But one night, in a red-wine-fueled funk, I pour out my feelings in a blog post…”
- False Start by Evelyn Stacey <— FOOTBALL STAR ALERT!! “...It’s my job to know who he is. And when we get off to a rocky false start, it only makes everything worse. A new city. A new career. A new man in my life who won’t leave me alone. And I only have Jack Rathborn to thank...”
- Unfiltered Sage by Celina Hilbrand
- When Light Leads to You (Forget Me Knot Series Book 2) by C.R. Ellis <— HER NEW NEIGHBOR WAS THE ONE THAT ONCE BROKE HER HEART… “…For six years I’ve been perfectly content with meaningless, short-lived flings and running from anything that resembles a real relationship. That boy? He’s my best friend’s brother, and he’s no longer the boy I fell for—he’s a man I can’t stand. Oh, and he’s also my new neighbor…”
- The Morning Star (Imp Series Book 10) by Debra Dunbar <— Tessa chose this one as her July FAVORITE! But she loved a bunch more too! 😀
Tessa: Alright, everyone! Best of July time. I was torn. But this one stood out amongst the 8. The Morning Star by Debra Dunbar was the end of The Imp series, but it ended so perfectly, and I actually cried because the series is over. Yes, I loved it that much. It probably had the most heart of the whole series and there were some truly touching moments in the midst of all the drama and action. The end was probably the best of the series.
The other seven were:
- If I Wake by Nicki Moyes
- The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play Book 1) by BB Reid
- Strength (Curse of the Gods Book 4) by Jaymin Eve and Jane Washington
- Shiver by Suzanne Wright
- Survival of the Richest by Skye Warren (Seriously, everything this woman writes is a mind messery book)
- Claiming the Dragon King: An Elite Guards Novel (The Elite Guards Book 2) by Amelia Hutchins
- Black Crown (The Darkest Drae Book 3) by Raye Wagner
- Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant Book 1) by Ilona Andrews
See! Lucky month. If I get even half that this month, I’ll still be lucky. (Though I totally expect Magic Triumphs to be one. It’s the end of the Kate Daniels series).
- When Skies are Gray by Cali Despain <— SHE LOSES HER WHOLE FAMILY & STARTS OVER AGAIN… “…Desperate for something new, Allie runs away to Southern California where she buys a home in the Hollywood Hills. A fresh start, some may say, or perhaps an escape, but whatever it is, all she wants is to remain forever hidden. But her plans change when she meets Sam Jeffries, a washed-up actor across the street. He has lost dreams of his own and wants nothing more than to be famous again…”
- Mrs. February (The Calendar Girl Duet Book 2) by Karen Cimms <— TUMMY TWISTING GOOD!!! Melinda is loving this one!
Melinda: I’m reading atm Mrs February book 2 by Karen Cimms. It really good. Tummy twisting good. Book 1 ok, but this is good. Recommended by Paula.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (The next few days & a few of next week’s!!! )
- The Good Luck Charm by Helena Hunting – August 7th 2018
- Rush by Samantha Towle – August 7th 2018
- The Simple Wild: A Novel by K.A. Tucker – August 7th 2018
- Good Luck with That by Kristan Higgins – August 7th 2018
- Bad Man: A Novel by Dathan Auerbach – August 7th 2018
- As Dust Dances by Samantha Young – August 7th 2018
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time by Kylie Scott – August 7th 2018
- Fighting for What’s His (Warrior Fight Club) by Laura Kaye – August 7th 2018
- His True Queen (Smoke & Mirrors Duology Book 2) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – August 7th 2018
- Tailspin by Sandra Brown – August 7th 2018
- Serpentine (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) by Laurell K. Hamilton – August 7th 2018
- Catwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons Series) by Sarah J. Maas – August 7th 2018
- Too Bad So Sad (The Simple Man Series Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale – August 8th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).