Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations – August 3rd 2018

by Maryse on August 3, 2018 · 81 comments

in eBook Deals

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! AND!! Happy birthday to our fellow book-crew member, Tessa!! :D

I LOVE THE WEEKEND and I’m going to read my heart out. I’ve already got three books lined up (one psych-thriller, one super-angsty and one comedy romance). I started two of them ’cause I’m just not sure if I’m in the mood right now for angst or for funny. :P

Amy: Okay Maryse, give up the goods…what is the super-angsty one you’re looking at for this weekend?

Maryse: Amy!! Gladly!

But… then this list came to be, and…

TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND :D !!

• Bedfellows by Lola Leighton <— KENDALL RYAN IS WRITING AS “LOLA LEIGHTON” ALERT!!! Rumor is on my Facebook feed (anyway) that Kendall wanted to write something much… steamier. ;) So that’s her “steamy” book” name. :P Annnnnd… they want to share her… ;) “…Apparently I tick off every box on their list–brains, beauty, and sass. I never hesitate to put both men in their places–which they find sexy as hell. One problem, I’m a traditional girl, with traditional values–one man, one woman, till death do us part–kind of values. They’re willing to work to prove how very right the three of us could be, but what happens next is anyone’s guess…”
  • Playboy by Katy Evans <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE MORE FEEDBACK!
JulieO: Loved PLAYBOY!!! Cullin was much dreamier than Callan. Of course the best in the series is Saint. No one can touch him. Learned a lot about gambling in Vegas also. Kinda interesting. Now onto that new KA biker book. Can’t wait.
  • Cuffed (Everyday Heroes Series Book 1) by K. Bromberg <— K. BROMBERG ALERT!!! One of her recent releases is SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED and yep! I one-clicked it. ;) Also, I hear it’s angstier and more serious than the cover would indicate.

Leslie M: This was an emotional read despite the cover making it look “fun”. There was one hilarious scene at beginning but most of story had me tearing up

Kooloo: So I just finished a 5 Star read entitled CUFFED by K Bromberg and struggled with my rating until I found out it is based on real life events that involved the author – there are of course triggers which made even more relent knowing it actually happened. But it also made me lol and swoon… loved it xoxo

• End Game (Dawson Family Series Book Two) by Emily Goodwin <— DUET CONCLUSION “END GAME is book two in The Dawson Family Series and concludes Quinn and Archer epic love story.”
  • Pucked Up Love (Bad Motherpuckers Book 5) by Lili Valente <— THE HOCKEY STAR, THE EX HE’S TRYING TO GET OVER & HIS NEW ONLINE GF… “…A few sizzling–and hysterical–emails later we arrange to meet. I’m hoping we’ll have chemistry, and I might finally be on my way to getting over my ex-girlfriend. And then the gate to the beer garden swings open and in walks Hailey. My ex is Curious Cat, and this experiment just got a hell of a lot more complicated…”
  • Sparks Fly by Lauren Runrow <— LAUREN RUNROW SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! HER AMAZING NIGHT WITH A PRINCE… “…I’ve had the most amazing night of my life — with a complete stranger. Solving a riddle led me on an adventure I never could have imagined, only to be left in handcuffs next to the last person I ever expected to see. Prince Sage Stevinson. I’m considered one of the lucky ones. One of only four women who are in line to marry the Prince of Canterbury due to some antiquated law that should have been updated five hundred years ago…”
  • MVP (The MVP Duet Book 2) by Laramie Briscoe <— LARAMIE BRISCOE ALERT!! “Read the stunning conclusion to The MVP Duet.”
  • Pucker Up (Kiss Talent Agency Book 4) by Virna DePaul <— SHE’S SECRETLY IN LOVE WITH HIM… “…He’s my brother’s best friend, but a bookish nerd like me would never fit into his celebrity-chef, serial-heartbreaker world. I don’t do risks. Lawyering feeds my bank account. Anonymous food blogging feeds my soul. But one night, in a red-wine-fueled funk, I pour out my feelings in a blog post…”
  • False Start by Evelyn Stacey <— FOOTBALL STAR ALERT!! “...It’s my job to know who he is. And when we get off to a rocky false start, it only makes everything worse. A new city. A new career. A new man in my life who won’t leave me alone. And I only have Jack Rathborn to thank...”
  • Unfiltered Sage by Celina Hilbrand
  • When Light Leads to You (Forget Me Knot Series Book 2) by C.R. Ellis <— HER NEW NEIGHBOR WAS THE ONE THAT ONCE BROKE HER HEART… “…For six years I’ve been perfectly content with meaningless, short-lived flings and running from anything that resembles a real relationship. That boy? He’s my best friend’s brother, and he’s no longer the boy I fell for—he’s a man I can’t stand. Oh, and he’s also my new neighbor…”
  • The Morning Star (Imp Series Book 10) by Debra Dunbar <— Tessa chose this one as her July FAVORITE! But she loved a bunch more too! :D

Tessa: Alright, everyone! Best of July time. I was torn. But this one stood out amongst the 8. The Morning Star by Debra Dunbar was the end of The Imp series, but it ended so perfectly, and I actually cried because the series is over. Yes, I loved it that much. It probably had the most heart of the whole series and there were some truly touching moments in the midst of all the drama and action. The end was probably the best of the series.

The other seven were:

See! Lucky month. If I get even half that this month, I’ll still be lucky. (Though I totally expect Magic Triumphs to be one. It’s the end of the Kate Daniels series).

• When Skies are Gray by Cali Despain <— SHE LOSES HER WHOLE FAMILY & STARTS OVER AGAIN… “…Desperate for something new, Allie runs away to Southern California where she buys a home in the Hollywood Hills. A fresh start, some may say, or perhaps an escape, but whatever it is, all she wants is to remain forever hidden. But her plans change when she meets Sam Jeffries, a washed-up actor across the street. He has lost dreams of his own and wants nothing more than to be famous again…”
  • Mrs. February (The Calendar Girl Duet Book 2) by Karen Cimms <— TUMMY TWISTING GOOD!!! Melinda is loving this one!
Melinda: I’m reading atm Mrs February book 2 by Karen Cimms. It really good. Tummy twisting good. Book 1 ok, but this is good. Recommended by Paula.

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

PREORDERS (The next few days & a few of next week’s!!! :D )

1. The Good Luck Charm by Helena Hunting – August 7th 2018
  2. Rush by Samantha Towle – August 7th 2018
  3. The Simple Wild: A Novel by K.A. Tucker - August 7th 2018
  4. Good Luck with That by Kristan Higgins - August 7th 2018
  5. Bad Man: A Novel by Dathan Auerbach - August 7th 2018
  6. As Dust Dances by Samantha Young – August 7th 2018
  7. It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time by Kylie Scott - August 7th 2018
  8. Fighting for What’s His (Warrior Fight Club) by Laura Kaye - August 7th 2018
  9. His True Queen (Smoke & Mirrors Duology Book 2) by Jodi Ellen Malpas - August 7th 2018
  10. Tailspin by Sandra Brown - August 7th 2018
  11. Serpentine (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) by Laurell K. Hamilton - August 7th 2018
  12. Catwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons Series) by Sarah J. Maas - August 7th 2018
  13. Too Bad So Sad (The Simple Man Series Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale – August 8th 2018

➔➔➔  Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Sign up for my weekly newsletter

Grey August 3, 2018 at 6:01 AM

*glitter bomb* hey everyone! Gah, one more day… 10 more hours… I’m having a staycation this weekend. Nothing but books!

Nay August 3, 2018 at 6:39 AM

Good morning! Happy Friday!!

Ugh! I see there’s another author using the corny ‘tattoed’ lip print on the male torso. As soon as i see that or a crown that’s been pasted on, there’s NO way I’m reading that book. I know I’m weird, but that’s my cover anti-catnip.

Amy August 3, 2018 at 7:03 AM

Happy Friday, ladies!! *yawns and looks at clock* Wow, it’s hella early…

Leslie M August 3, 2018 at 7:36 AM

Good morning! Despite being up for 2.5 hours, I am still yawning. *holds out mug for coffee refill*

I hope I can get in a lot of reading time this weekend (and this month). July felt like slow reading month for me.

Nay, I get weird with covers too but sometimes the lure of the blurb outweighs the cheesiness of the cover. ;)

Grey August 3, 2018 at 7:42 AM

Ooh, I forgot in my staycation excitement! But… We’ve got a birthday in the house!!! *sets of birthday cannon with glitter and confetti* also *sets up line of shots…* I don’t care that it’s only 840am here on the East Coast…we’re just going to look at these beautiful lemon drops, right?!?

Happy birthday, Tessa!!!❤ We love you! Sending all of my bestest wishes to you, and hoping you have a 5 star bully book to celebrate with!

Nay August 3, 2018 at 8:43 AM

Happy, Happy Birthday, Tessa!!!

Tessa August 3, 2018 at 9:26 AM

:) Thank you guys! Though, can we make those mudslides instead? :P I’m allergic to lemons.

Submitting to Vegas by Sam Mariano is out today. YEAH!!!!

Maryse August 3, 2018 at 9:33 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TESSA!!!!! :D *glitter and mudslides and cake*

*stares longingly at the birthday treats*

Maryse August 3, 2018 at 9:38 AM

Amy!! Gladly!

I’ve started Butterface (rom-com)
I’ve started The Perfect Mother (thriller)
And then there’s “My Oxford Year” which is the one I’m so tempted to read but I hear HEARTACHE AND TEARS!!! But also 5-star favorite…

Michele G August 3, 2018 at 9:40 AM

Happy Birthday Tessa!!!! I’ll join you with the mudslides — soo yummy!

Amy August 3, 2018 at 11:02 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TESSA!!! *big birthday hugs*

I’m up for mudslides and I don’t care how early it is. Heck, I had a shot of plum sake yesterday at 2:00…just because I could. :P

Maryse! I’m reading My Oxford Year right now! Well, I’m one chapter in. But I really do like the writing style so far.

Amy August 3, 2018 at 11:08 AM

The Vanishing Year by Kate Moretti is on sale for 1.99!! I want to know what her “shocking past” is…

bev August 3, 2018 at 11:14 AM

Tessa!!
Happy Birthday!
I hope you have a wonderful day and a year full of joy, dragons, and a reverse harem of alpha men.

Jean August 3, 2018 at 11:25 AM

Happy Birthday Tessa!!! I’m ready for my mudslide! Happy Friday everyone!

Leslie, I feel like I had a slow reading month for July too.

Favorite book for July without a doubt, Swear On This Life!

bev August 3, 2018 at 12:16 PM

I read 3 books in July.

I’m going to go with Note Worthy as my favorite. Mostly because it surprised me with its tone. I was expecting high jinks but it was more introspective than that.

My new song on repeat is this: https://youtu.be/5TfeBfINJYQ

Summer is almost over. Last summer I fell in love with Hamilton this summer kpop. It’s fun finding new things.
But hot. So freaking hot so reading a book that takes place in winter.

Nay August 3, 2018 at 12:51 PM

Another thriller, The Good Girl by Mary Kubica is also on sale for $1.99.

bev August 3, 2018 at 3:34 PM

It’s always so quiet on here this time of year.

Tessa August 3, 2018 at 4:34 PM

Thank you Jean, Bev, Amy, Michele G, and Maryse. :D *takes a sip of mudslide*

And now onto Sumitting to Vegas. A much anticipated mafia book. *happy dance*

Grey August 3, 2018 at 4:46 PM

Whew! Staycation has begun! Ok, yep… mudslides instead of lemondrops. Got it… I guess, I’ll just have to drink all these lemondrops myself…oopsie! *giggle*

So, what are you doing fun for your birthday, Tessa?

I agree, we are quieter during the summer. I should be a bit more vocal now, work stuff is done. I didn’t read much during July, was super busy with work. I’m doing a proof right now, and I’ve got a few ARC’s that are scheduled to land… going on vacation in a couple weeks… *shrug*

My flat out fave book of July was Execution (Off Balance #2) by Lucia Franco… it was a 5 star for me. Fantastic, I loved it.

Nay August 3, 2018 at 6:41 PM

Yay, Grey! The next book was supposed to be coming out the end of September, but she posted a couple of days ago that it’s going to take a little longer. Bummer.

Leslie M August 3, 2018 at 8:44 PM

Happy Birthday Tessa! :)

Hope you had a great day. *hugs*

Melinda August 4, 2018 at 2:45 AM

Happy Birthday Tessa, just wondering what Mudslides are?
In Australia we have delicious Chocolate Mudcake and I have a fantastic recipe for one and often I am requested to make one for friends and family. So wishing you a huge piece of Chocolate Mudcake with chocolate fudge icing and coated with grated chocolate and Maltesers. Doesn’t that make your mouth water.

I reading atm One Tiny Lie K A Tucker. I’m really enjoying it. I haven’t read any of the others, but this is really good and can be read as a stand-alone.

JulieO August 4, 2018 at 4:31 AM

Nay,
I am so with you on the crowns. They look so stupid. I won’t even read the description of the book much less buy it.

Jan August 4, 2018 at 4:49 AM

Happy birthday Tessa!

Haha Nay. Yeah that cover is pretty lame. It wouldn’t make me want to pick it up – not just based on the cover anyway.

bev August 4, 2018 at 12:55 PM

Too quiet.

Summer is almost over which means the year is half over.

Let’s have some 21 book fun.

1. Books read to date:

2. First Book You read this year:

3. Did you like it?

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be?

5. So…are you going to read it?

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye:

7. What book has charmed you?

8. Last book you put on pre order?

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want (fill in the name) to read:

bev August 4, 2018 at 1:06 PM

1. Books read to date:

2. First Book You read this year: The Longest Holiday by Paige Toone.

3. Did you like it? Not really. I remember being excited that it might be like Katie Fforde or even Kinsella but nope. Sort of meh.

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? By The Book by Julia Sonneborn.

5. So…are you going to read it? Umm…I don’t remember what it is about. So, could be fun?

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye: Two did. The Rose and The Dagger & Under A Sardinian Sky.

7. What book has charmed you? The Kiss Quotient. I wish it was less expensive. I really enjoyed it but like Amy said before not a rec at that price point. But one of my tops of the year for sure.

8. Last book you put on pre order? The Looking Glass by Janet McNally.

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want Maryse to read: The Last Hour of G. Or To Tell The Truth.

Tasha J August 4, 2018 at 4:10 PM

1. Books read to date:

2. First Book You read this year: Beartown

3. Did you like it? Loooved it. Definitely had that Friday Night Lights feel, except hockey AND a much deeper issue/message

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? The Girl on the Yrain by Paula Hawkins

5. So…are you going to read it? No. Sometimes when a book becomes too popular, I lose interest. I’m weird like that.

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye: The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang

7. What book has charmed you? First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones (the series, really)

8. Last book you put on pre order? All Your Perfects, I preordered.

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want (fill in the name) to read: uhmmmm…Bev – Kids of Appetite by David Arnold or Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland

Grey August 4, 2018 at 5:49 PM

Why is this quiz called the 21 quiz…there are only 9 questions, and no one is answering question one?? LOL!

1. Books read to date: 79… there are 4 that I’ve read that I haven’t rated or reviewed yet, LOL!

2. First Book You read this year: Waiting for the Sun by our own Robin Hill.

3. Did you like it? Yes, I did!

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren

5. So…are you going to read it? Yep, it’s an ARC on my list..

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye: The Boogie Man by Marley Jacobs

7. What book has charmed you? Forever Right Now by Emma Scott

8. Last book you put on pre order? I can’t even remember…

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want (fill in the name) to read: Has Amy read Beautiful Player, if not… she really should. Everyone should.

bev August 4, 2018 at 6:28 PM

Ha! Totally skipped over my own question by accident.
21 books.
*cries*

And you’re right it shouldn’t be called 21 questions…….it should be called 20 questions. ;)

I never ask that many, because who wants to answer that many.

Tasha, I know I’ve heard of them but I’ll have to look them up.

Nay August 4, 2018 at 6:30 PM

I’m taking a break from Poldark (rawr!), and I find some book fun!

1. Books read to date: 65

2. First Book You read this year: Gretel (Dark & Sexy Fairy Tale #1)
by Erica Lynn

3. Did you like it? Loved it!

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? Judgment by Denise Hall

5. So…are you going to read it? Yes, definitely

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye: Cirque: Act 1 (Cirque, #1) by A. Giannoccaro

7. What book has charmed you? Shadowfever by KMM knocked my socks off!

8. Last book you put on pre order? The Wedding from Hell, Part 3: Exclusive Excerpt of Consumed by J.R. Ward

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want (fill in the name) to read: I still want ANYONE to read (or listen to) The Luther Kite series by Blake Crouch, along with the accompanying Jacqueline (Jack) Daniels series books by J.A. Konrath

Jan August 4, 2018 at 7:40 PM

Books read to date: 122

2. First Book You read this year: The Spymaster’s Lady by Joanna Bourne

3. Did you like it? Yeah it was good. 4 stars. I need to get back to that series.

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? Tiebreaker by P Dangelico

5. So…are you going to read it? Yeah I plan to. But not right now LOL.

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye: Junkyard Dog by Bijou Hunter

7. What book has charmed you? Devil In Spring by Lisa Kleypas. That book was so lovely…….. :) :) :)

8. Last book you put on pre order? The Sweetest Thing by Judith McNaught. Not out till NOVEMBER :/ but still, first new book by this author in YEARS!

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want MARYSE to read: Maryse, have YOU read Beautiful Player? Come on, it’s a MUST READ!!!!

Amy August 5, 2018 at 1:33 AM

Another side efficiency of rapid weight loss…lower alcohol tolerable. Damn. Now i cant’ even do the book quiz. Whatever. Tomorrow then.

Have i said lately how much I miss y;all???

Well I do.

My peeps.

My crew..

Why can’t we all live near each other??????

Amy August 5, 2018 at 1:34 AM

Wow. Not going to even try and fix the mistakes up there. Night all.

JulieO August 5, 2018 at 3:08 AM

Jan,
Just finished JUNKYARD DOG the other day and really enjoyed it. She has a unique style of writing. TIE BREAKER is also on my list. Have been putting it off too.

Grey August 5, 2018 at 6:55 AM

Wow, Ames…what did you get into last night???

Cheryl August 5, 2018 at 9:32 AM

Yeh, happy sunday!! Busy week and yesterday was a marathon wedding extravaganza. Boy my legs and feet are sore today from my heels and LOTS of dancing.

Happy belated birthday Tessa!!!

Hope to get some reading time today and tackle Bev’s questions.

I will say I just read Meghan Quinn’s Blue Line duet and I was pleasantly surprised. She’s usually my author I go to when I need something funny and over-the-top. This duet was not that. It was a well-written (not perfect) angsty story. Kinda a love triangle, that had me second- guessing how I thought this was going to end up. Recommend it and it’s KU!!!

Leslie M August 5, 2018 at 9:55 AM

1. Books read to date: 73

2. First Book You read this year: Sexcation by Heidi McLaughlin

3. Did you like it? Meh, 3 ***

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice

5. So…are you going to read it? Yuck! Nope. I need to delete lots of oldies off my tbr

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye: Wish by Deborah Bladon

7. What book has charmed you? There have been a few this year, but the one with the biggest impact so far has to be Behind the Bars by Brittany Cherry. *dreamy sigh*

8. Last book you put on pre order? I don’t “pre order” but book I am most excited to be released is: Riders on the Storm by Robin Hill

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want (fill in the name) to read: Anyone who has never read Slammed by CoHo needs to read it. I know a few in our group hasn’t yet. Blasphemy!!

Leslie M August 5, 2018 at 9:59 AM

Oooh Cheryl, I have been wanting to read that one! Glad to hear you liked it.

Amy August 5, 2018 at 10:17 AM

*looks at comment from last night and covers face*

OMG…

Amy August 5, 2018 at 10:20 AM

Grey…plum sake. Straight from Japan. A few too many shots of it. *shudders*

MichelleS August 5, 2018 at 10:56 AM

Hey ya’ll! Missed so much in just a few days. Happy Belated Birthday Tessa!

I’ll do the quiz – list later.

I finished Ravensong & am reading KAs latest. Ravensong was tremendous. Darker than Wolfsong. All the feels! “dirt and leaves and rain”.

KA is….. KA. Enough said. Not rocking my world.

bev August 5, 2018 at 11:22 AM

Amy, I was dying last night when that popped up.

I totally get you. There are times when I wished friends lived closer. Especially on a lazy morning when I will see a group at breakfast or coffee.

Nay August 5, 2018 at 11:52 AM

Michelle–I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it’s not rocking my world either.

I loved the beginning, but at 70%, I find that through the last 30% of the book, there’s been too much: “I looked at him and he was watching me, and while he watched me, I looked at him…watching me.”

A bit of an oversimplification, but you get my drift.

Tessa August 5, 2018 at 12:57 PM

Thank you Leslie, Nay, and Melinda. Melinda, mudslides are an alcohol drink that is basically an alcoholic shake. :) https://www.kahlua.com/us/drinks/classic/mudslide/

Yesterday I went shopping, and then I wanted to collapse. :) I Got myself a new dress for a wedding in Oct. :) And pre-ordered a bunch of books. (This month pre-order list is expensive!)

Tessa August 5, 2018 at 1:15 PM

1. Books read to date: 190

2. First Book You read this year: Keeping Kyler by Siabhon Davis

3. Did you like it? Meh. I don’t even remember it, and I think looking at it it was meh.

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? Die Soflty by Christopher Pike

5. So…are you going to read it? I don’t know. If I ever find it for sale.

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye: Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells

7. What book has charmed you? Shiver by Suzanne Wright. You’d think with that blurb it wouldn’t be, but it really was. It had so much heart and swoony moments, and it all made me smile.

8. Last book you put on pre order? The last of the four was the pre-quel to Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0771Q8Q5X/ref=pd_hud_yscorders

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want (fill in the name) to read: Hrm… Amy *throws peanut* Read If I Wake by Nikki Moyes

Cheryl August 5, 2018 at 1:47 PM

1. Books read to date:

2. First Book You read this year: Sex Not Love by Vi Keeland

3. Did you like it? Think so.

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? Heart Stronger by Rachel Blaufeld.

5. So…are you going to read it? Maybe.

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye: Light Leads To You by C.R. Ellis.

7. What book has charmed you? I guess The Pilot and The Puck Up. Over-the-top funny with a bada$$ h. Pure entertainment. I think that’s the one where I loved the h, but could be another one. I know I commented on here before about the bada$$ h.

8. Last book you put on pre order? Haven’t in a long time.

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want (fill in the name) to read: Maybe the Brightside series by Katie Delahanty, although I loved reading/listening to That Boy by Jillian Dodd.

Cheryl August 5, 2018 at 2:00 PM

1. Books read to date: 74. Think that may not be accurate, since I’ve read a lot of KU books and sometimes forget to add them to my GR list and they “disappear” from my Kindle when returned.

Tessa August 5, 2018 at 2:06 PM

Cheryl, if you go to your account, it has a drop down menu that says Kindle Unlimited. It has a list of every KU you ever requested.

JulieO August 5, 2018 at 3:04 PM

I finished KA book yesterday. Was disappointed. Her books are really on or off. Liked the first third, middle third drug on and on and got more interesting the last third. I did like Hound. I think it is interesting how she can take a character we’ve read about in other books and turn him into such a great and hawt guy. To each his own though. My favorite is Joker’s book and I’ve heard many who do not like.

Cheryl August 5, 2018 at 4:55 PM

Thanks Tessa, I know requested are there, but sometimes I don’t read the one’s I request. Wish you could tag which KU you have read. I will go thru my KU requests and add to GR those I have read. Just need a chunk of time to do that. ;)

Amy August 5, 2018 at 5:04 PM

Glad I could give you a laugh, bev…even though I was cringing when I read this morning what I posted last night, LOL! ;) And how wonderful would it be for all of us to meet for coffee on a lazy Sunday morning? Coffee, pastries, chatter…I would be in heaven with you guys.

“I looked at him and he was watching me, and while he watched me, I looked at him…watching me.” <——- I almost choked on some watermelon when I read that, Nay!!!

Tessa…I have that one! I will take that peanut and EAT IT!!! In other words, I just moved it up in my library. ;)

Amy August 5, 2018 at 5:31 PM

I’m loving reading everyone’s answers. :D

1. Books read to date: 49 (I miss working from home mainly because I was able to read more back then :( )

2. First Book You read this year: Wicked by Jennifer Armentrout

3. Did you like it? Meh, it was okay. It just didn’t charm me the way her Covenant, Lux, and Dark Elements series did.

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? Tell Me Lies by Carola Lovering

5. So…are you going to read it? Oh, HECK yeah.

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye: How to Walk Away by Katherine Center

7. What book has charmed you? The True Story of Atticus and Hazel…even though it gutted me at one point, I loved how they continually used each other’s names in conversing with each other (it wasn’t even close to being annoying), and I wanted to be a part of Atticus’ big, loud, crazy family.

8. Last book you put on pre order? Sadie by Courtney Summers

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want (fill in the name) to read: I want JEAN to read 1986. *tosses peanut in direction of Jean’s head* Come to think of it, she pops in randomly and the peanut will probably miss her so… *hurls peanut at Tessa’s head* YOU read it!!

Tasha J August 5, 2018 at 6:28 PM

Happy belated Birthday Tessa! I haven’t been keeping up a whole lot w/the posts, have been under a lot of stress and super busy. Fall sports have started and school in just a few weeks. I have mixed feelings on that.

Tasha J August 5, 2018 at 6:57 PM

I think I’m gonna try Elle Kennedy’s new release, so happy I saw that post today. Tomorrow! If I say it here, that means I have to follow through, right?
I have watched 2 movies instead of reading- What Happened to Monday and Life of the Party, loved them both.
And! This is the best…..the Dollar Store has Halloween stuff out now!! Now everything, but so much awesomeness! I bought 1 of everything in the crafty stuff. Which is reasonable (right?!) bc the cashier said they’d be gone by the time the season actually started. I wasn’t the only 1 squee-ing in that store either. Bring on fall madness….:D

MichelleS August 5, 2018 at 8:19 PM

1. Books read to date: 98 (boo)

2. First Book You read this year: Tower of Dawn

3. Did you like it? HELL YES

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? Bildfolded Inncocence

5. So…are you going to read it? Maybe…

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye:Red Rooster

7. What book has charmed you? This year? Nothing! Last book that I think had any “charm” would be Simon vs Homosapiens Agenda.

8. Last book you put on pre order? Ravensong

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want (fill in the name) to read: Anyone who hasn’t read The Soul Mate Trilogy by M. Sheehan. Utterly original,

bev August 5, 2018 at 9:18 PM

Reads:

*gasps happily*

Amy August 5, 2018 at 9:59 PM

YES YES YES to MichelleS’ #9 answer…a hundred times YESSSSS!!!!!

bev August 5, 2018 at 10:06 PM

Lol.

We heart you MichelleS.

Nay August 5, 2018 at 11:28 PM

Also saying YES to MichelleS’s #9, especially if we could EVER get book #3!!!!

So I finished Wild Like the Wind. It was super sexy. Hound is just..wow! He’s not Tack (there’ll NEVER be another Kane ‘Tack’ Allen), but he’s right up there. I SO agree with Julie O. The first third was really good and the last third was great, but the middle dragged at times.

I’ve figured out that in the Chaos books, the more the story takes place at the Compound and the more it includes Tack, the more I love it, which probably explains why I don’t think I’ll ever love any of them as much as I did Motorcycle Man. And every time Hawk, Knight or Lee, Hank or the rest of The Hot Bunch have cameos, that’s a major bonus!

Nay August 5, 2018 at 11:45 PM

Re: KA and Chaos, for anyone who hasn’t seen it, the last book in the Chaos series, Free, Rush’s book (FINALLY!) is coming out in January and is up on GR.

Nay August 5, 2018 at 11:55 PM

MichelleS and Tessa–I’m starting Lord of the Fading Lands in the morning!

Tessa August 6, 2018 at 12:16 AM

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! It’s absolutely fabulous and oh, the tummy twist. Bad guy’s thoughts make me so nervous.

Amy… Chernoble… huh. It’s KU. *moves it to her TBR*

Tessa August 6, 2018 at 12:18 AM

Oh and Nay, to get an idea, I took longer to read it because even if the library had it (which they had the first one?) I wanted to own them all because the story really felt like a re-read series.

I should re-read that one soon.

Sakshi August 6, 2018 at 1:58 AM

I am waiting for Rush by Samantha Towle and Playboy by Katy Evans. These authors never miss!

Lauren August 6, 2018 at 7:54 AM

Holy trinity #3 news hopefully by the end of the summer ☺️

Maryse August 6, 2018 at 11:31 AM

Oh I wanna play too!! :D

1. Books read to date: not sure… ? I’ll need to backtrack.

2. First Book You read this year: Hrmmm… I think Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata?

3. Did you like it? Hrmmm… not near as much as everything else I’ve read by her. She’s one of my FAVORITES.

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? Rising by Jessica Ruben

5. So…are you going to read it? Probably…

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye: (not in front of my shelf right now)…

7. What book has charmed you? The Epoch & Transcend Duet

8. Last book you put on pre order? One Week by Roya Carmen

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want (fill in the name) to read: The Martian for everyone that will only read romance. This book was addictive, exciting and scary and hilarious, and I fell hard for the main character AND the author (I have a crush on him… I love super-smart guys) ;)

Maryse August 6, 2018 at 11:33 AM

LOL Amy!!! That last one has me laughing so hard!! :P

Maryse August 6, 2018 at 11:36 AM

I agree Leslie!! Slammed is an oldie but a gooooooodie. I can’t believe some still haven’t read it.

Maryse August 6, 2018 at 11:38 AM

Jan I have not read Beautiful Player yet. Now I shall go find it in my books (or one-click it).

Maryse August 6, 2018 at 11:42 AM

bev!! To Tell The Truth is # 8 I think in my current TBR list. :) But I don’t read books on my TBR list in order, so I could very well read it next.

Grey August 6, 2018 at 2:15 PM

Amy! Seeee, Maryse is reading Beautiful Player… you must read it too! *Launches a bunch of peanuts*

Amy August 6, 2018 at 4:35 PM

*covers head with one arm while smacking away BP peanuts with the other*

I’m reading about Oxford right now so leave me alone!!!! :P

Jan August 6, 2018 at 7:06 PM

Oh Yyaayyy. Maryse is reading Beautiful Player. I hope you fall in love with Will like the rest of us have!! :D :D

Amy, come on and join the fun.

Amy August 6, 2018 at 7:39 PM

Amy can’t hear you. She’s in Oxford.

bev August 6, 2018 at 9:31 PM

Lol.

You make them work for it Amy.

Isn’t it dual pov?

Jean August 7, 2018 at 10:17 AM

I’m here! Amy, 1986?????

Jean August 7, 2018 at 10:36 AM

I’m late to the game here.

1. Books read to date: 68…ugh not enough reading time this year!

2. First Book You read this year: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

3. Did you like it? LOVED IT!

4. If you had to read the 18th book in your TBR what would it be? This is hard because my lists have lists, but I guess Dark House by Karina Halle…. I’ve had it since 2013!

5. So…are you going to read it? Probably…. around Halloween, which is what I always say about this series but never get to it.

6. Look at your shelf and first cover that catches your eye: I have 2096 books owned and on my TBR….. this is too hard to answer!

7. What book has charmed you? The Butterfly Project by Emma Scott

8. Last book you put on pre order? The Wedding From Hell: The Reception by J.R. Ward and Perversion by T.M. Frazier

9. Bring out an old peanut you still want (fill in the name) to read: I still want EVERYONE to read Mister McHottie!!!!!

Amy August 7, 2018 at 10:50 AM

*nails Jean with 1986 peanut*

It’s by Morgan Parker, by the way. :P

Jean August 7, 2018 at 11:12 AM

Oooo Amy, just looked it up and it sounds good!

marina August 7, 2018 at 8:27 PM

Cheryl, so glad I saw your charmed recommendation of The Pilot and the Puck Up. I have been needing romantic comedies lately and this one is so funny. I may have to read all of the book in the series!! And Maryse I also highly, highly recommend u read Beautiful Player! It was my absolute favorite of that series. And I think I even reread it and loved it as much the second time!! And once you do I think we need a list of that type of book. Don’t want to give anything away…

Jean August 7, 2018 at 8:52 PM

Wait, The Pilot and the Puck Up was recommended by Cheryl! That’s the author of Mister McHottie which I loved! I gotta check it out!