Happy Friday!!! Another Friday Finds loaded in reader recommendations that are tried and true (and a few that just went live, too).
Plus, I’ve got a review coming up next (Emma Scott’s latest that I LOVED), an awesome author news roundup, and I’m finishing a darn good (so far, anyway) psych thriller from this month’s Kindle First choices. 🙂
If you’re still on the fence about what to read next…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Behind the Bars (Music Street Series) by Brittainy C. Cherry <— RECENT RELEASE & THE 5-STAR, STAR OF THE SHOW TODAY!!!! A few members of our book-crew have delved in and are losing their minds for this one!
Leslie M: …if you are looking for an emotional read that is music themed, Behind the Bars by Brittainy Cherry was gutt wrenchingly fabulous! Ok, I know what you all are thinking. “Oh, Leslie rec’d Behind the Bars…must be an easy-breezy read.” It is not! In fact when you read it, you will scratch your head and think “Leslie liked this tear-jerker???”
Its def not my typical book, it was very difficult to read, super emotional but I LOVED EVERY SINGLE WORD. I fell HARD for Elliot. I loved the h too and so many of the characters. Her step dad, Elliots mom, sis and uncle. Gah!!! I am getting emotional just thinking about it. It was a beautiful story and will go down as an all time fave for me.
Jean: LESLIE!!!!! YOU WERE SO RIGHT ABOUT BEHIND THE BARS!!!! YES, I’M SCREAMING!! YOU GUYS HAVE TO READ IT…..JUST SIMPLY AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! …Amazing! You MUST read this book! It’s heartwrenching and beautiful and gah!!!! Just read it! Seriously!
Leslie: Ok, so Jean is gushing to me about how much she loved Behind the Bars and instead of squeeing what do I do? Bawl! Yup, cried like a baby remembering the emotions of that beautifully heartbreaking story. Jeesh! I need to get a grip. And yes, everyone who likes the tearjerkers needs to read it.
Melinda: I read Leslie’s recommendation and it was awesome so do yourself a favour and read “ Behind the Bars (music street series)”by Brittany Cherry. But it might make you cry. Right Leslie? And it’s a bully book, but the writing is soooo good. A very emotional read. I LOVED IT. 5 whooping big stars.
- Hail Mary (Hail Raisers Book 6) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LIVE!!! LANI LYNN VALE ALERT!! HE DOESN’T WANT THIS CHILD… “What can make life worse after losing one’s wife and kids, you ask? Here’s what: being given a baby that depends on him for her survival. Finding out that the baby’s mother is dying of brain cancer, and has a husband that he never knew about. A husband that Dante knows in the marrow of his bones is trying to kill her just as surely as the cancer eating her brain. Dante’s a bad person. He’s done some not so nice things, and now he’s being punished for his misdeeds. Karma is finally catching up to him. This child that he’s been stuck with is of his flesh and bone…”
- Midnight Valentine J.T. Geissinger <— RECLUSE ALERT!!! Recent release and Randi is loving it!!!
Randi: Maryse you have to add this book to the Hermit/ Recluse List. Only 1/4 of the way in and wow!!!! Loving this book. It’s a must read with great writing.
- Reach for the Stars: A feel good, uplifting romantic comedy by Kathy Jay <— LIVE!! THERE’S A NAKED STAR ON HER COUCH!! “When Layla Rivers’ boyfriend of 12 years skips out on their round-the-world trip of a lifetime – without her – she does what experience has taught her to do best, hide away in the cosy Cornish village she calls home. But any hopes of laying low soon disappear when Hollywood’s hottest star & mutual acquaintance, the gorgeous Nick Wells, crash lands on her couch…naked!“
- Hostage by Skye Warren & Annika Martin <— SKYE WARREN DARK READ BEST SELLER!!! It’s a recent release and IT MADE THE USA TODAY BEST SELLER LIST!
Linda: Just started Hostage last night and only 10% (started way to late) in but I’m hooked!!
- Ruined: A Contemporary Bad Boy Romance by Lisa Lace <— LIVE!! HE WANTS HER COMPANY… “…Now the crown prince of the Donavan Dynasty wants my company. He intends to rip it out of the fingers. In the middle of heated negotiations, he changes tactics. Edward promises something I’ve never known. It’s the one thing that has always eluded me. He says he can satisfy the hunger. He’s the only one who can take me there...”
- Darker Water (Once and Forever Book 1) by Lauren Stewart <— LAUREN STEWART SUPER-HIT (w/ a new cover) ON SUPER-BARGAIN SALE & THE SEQUEL (Deeper Water (Once and Forever Book 3) is coming in just a few days!!!! :D!!!!
bev: Darker Water had that great quick witted banter, love that. Wish more books had dialogue like that.
Anne: Just finished Darker Waters and loved it! The banter and chemistry between Carson and Laney was off the charts! 4.5/5
Lisa: Darker Water by Lauren Stewart (loooved this one).
- Elite (Eagle Elite Book 1) by Rachel Van Dyken <— RACHEL VAN DYKEN BULLY BOOK SUPER-BARGAIN!!!
Tessa: Buy Elite! Anyone who can suspend reality for a bit, but loves bully type books, get Elite. 🙂 …Eagle Elite series… *swoon* If you can suspend belief, Elite becomes an awesome book. The rest don’t need the suspended belief thing, but are really good.
Anna: Tessa- When I told my bookclub about Eagle Elite I warned them not to expect it to make any sense. Don’t question it just go with it. I think the series works for me because it reminds me of several different anime series.
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas <— PSYCH THRILLER THAT I LOVED!!! And now Ela loved it too! P.S. Here’s my 5-star review.
Ela: YOU GUYS MUST MUST MUST READ DANGEROUS GIRLS BY ABIGAIL HAAS IF YOU LIKE THRILLER/MYSTERIES!!!!!!!!!!! THIS ONE COMES FROM ONE OF OUR MONTHLY ALL TIME FAVORITES OFF OF GREY’S LIST!
- Her First Kiss: Londons story (Firsts series Book 1) by M.J. Fields <— Tessa is loving it!
Tessa: I’m almost done with Her First Kiss by MJ Fields. It’s awesome. I’m loving every page of it. Friends since kids (8 and 12), he’s absolutely psycho about keeping her protected all their life. Also, I REALLY want to read the earlier books about the parents and probably stepbrother.
- Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton <— RECENT RELEASE THAT TASHA FOUUND!!! Tasha is my other newly-discovered book-twin!! 😉 “…Arriving in Havana, Marisol comes face-to-face with the contrast of Cuba’s tropical, timeless beauty and its perilous political climate. When more family history comes to light and Marisol finds herself attracted to a man with secrets of his own, she’ll need the lessons of her grandmother’s past to help her understand the true meaning of courage.“
Tasha: …think this will be like my “Valentine’s day” read.
- MONSTERS <— LIVE!!! PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!! “...I saw their bloodied faces. They were no longer the boys from next door. As quick as the storm rolled over the neighborhood, a crime of passion was committed, Lucas and Mason Carter dangerously altering the course of all our lives. Ten years later, on my twenty-sixth birthday, when detectives come digging for information on a cold case, I find myself once again unwillingly tangled in the spider’s web. I hold information on a heinous crime. I have become the number one target. More specific, I have become Mason Carter’s obsession…”
- Still Me: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <— JOJO MOYES RECENT RELEASE FEEDBACK!!!!
Northernstar: I just finished Still Me by Jojo Moyes, the conclusion to the me before you series. The second book left me unsatisfied and I was chopping at the bit to get to this one. It did not disappoint. This book continues with the self discovery of Louisa Clark as she moves to New York City. I loved the characters in the book – my favoirite was Dean Martin. Although I would have liked an epilogue it was a wonderful read.
- Blister by Jeff Strand <— AMY’S COMEDY HORROR PICK!!! It’s super-bargain priced today and I won’t even hightlight the cover ’cause it’s too creepy-gross. 😉
Amy: give Blister a try! It was SO out of the norm for me, and it was not at all what I expected. Fabi’s “humour noir” label is perfect for it. I was cracking up as often as I was cringing. I thought it was great!
Cheryl: Enjoyed the story, although it wasn’t what I was expecting. Not sure why it was described as scary/horror. I may have been scared for them, but not scared by the story. AND the ending; I wanted more.
Amy: …Not a scary read, more of a creepy one but also with some dark humor. Y’all remember that one? I snorted out loud a few times and that doesn’t happen often while I’m reading. So, Maryse…Blister…
Tasha: I just read the sample for Blister. It’ll be next after my library read, as long as no more come in first. The kids were so cruel in the beginning, and I read this in a public place, but his lesson to teach them to stop had me biting my cheeks to keep from laughing out loud. Lol
Amy: …It might just be the (dark) comic relief you need
- The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan <— SUPER-BARGAIN!!!
Teri: I just finished The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan and it is FANTASTIC! Whoop whoop
- Almost Forever by <— LIVE!! HE’S IN A COMA ON HIS WEDDING DAY... “When a vicious attack leaves Paul in a coma on his wedding day, the doctors fear he will never wake up. But his fiancée Fran will never give up hope…”
- Poets Pass (Coal Country Series Book 3) by Hillary DeVisser <— LIVE!!! THE PSYCHIATRIST & THE COP… “…Avery’s home in the country is her sanctuary, her escape from the emotional overload of her job. Her sense of peace is destroyed, beginning with the appearance of muddy boot prints outside her window. Recently divorced, Officer Jake Marcovic needs a change of scenery. He leaves Chicago and his manipulative ex-wife behind for family and a much slower pace of living. Relocating back to his rural roots…”
- Lovestruck (The Donovans) by Nana Malone <— LIVE!!! SHE’S JUST TRYING TO SURVIVE… “…Malia Adams had a complicated life. Well, actually it was pretty simple. Survive. Stay off the streets by any means necessary. And that was a nightly struggle. She didn’t have time to get involved with anyone. Especially not the one person she can’t have…”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Most Valuable Playboy by Lauren Blakely <— Kooloo just found us this!!!
Kooloo: Also if you are Amazon Prime members the Audible Romance Package is still only $6.95 or you can try it for FREE for 30 days. They have a New section I discovered last night called “Touchdown” with over 30 Foosball themed audiobooks – that’s were I’ve been all last night and this morning Almost done my second one called “Most Valuable Playboy” by Lauren Blakely oh course teehee It’s read by Zachary Webber who voice is the sex baby
PREORDERS (A few of next week’s!!! )
- Deeper Water (Once and Forever Book 3) by Lauren Stewart – February 11th 2018
- Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen – February 12th 2018
- The Smallest Part by Amy Harmon – February 13th 2018
- Lake + Manning (Something in the Way Book 4) by Jessica Hawkins – February 13th 2018
- In Harmony by Emma Scott – February 13th 2018
- The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz – February 13th 2018
- Keeping It: A Navy SEAL meets Virgin Romance Novel by Rachel Robinson – February 13th 2018
- On His Knees (Blasphemy) by Laura Kaye – February 13th 2018
- Rough Ride: A Chaos Novella by Kristen Ashley – February 13th 2018
- Opal (a Raven Cycle Story) by Maggie Stiefvater – March 1st 2018