HAPPY FRIDAY!!! We found some goodies to keep us occupied over the weekend, and so many are super-bargain priced. I’ll be adding more throughout the day so keep checking back. 😉
P.S. Let me know if I missed a gooooood one!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Idea of You: A Novel by Robinne Lee <— UNCONVENTIONAL ROMANCE ALERT!! Marion reminds me of this one!!
Marion: Maryse did you ever get around to reading ‘The Idea of You’ by Robinne Lee? If anyone is in a book funk, get it and just go in blind you won’t be sorry.
Claudia: Just finished it and couldn’t stop, had to read it straight through! Crossing fingers there is a part 2!
- Carter Grayson by Sandi Lynn <— LIVE!!! SANDI LYNN ALERT!! JADED BILLIONAIRE… “…Anger had become my best friend and I’d never let anyone get close to me again. This was my life until a woman named Zoey Benson crossed my path. For the first time in over five years, I felt something. A feeling that I had long buried deep inside me. A feeling I never wanted to experience again. She wanted to be my savior and I sure as hell didn’t want to be saved…”
- Love Me Like This: The Morrisons by Bella Andre <— BELLA ANDRE’S LATEST RELEASE IS LIVE!! Can be read as a standalone!! She’s been secretly in love with him, but he’s got a secret… “Eight years is a heck of a long time to secretly love someone. Taylor knows all too well how impossible it is to forget a man as sexy, sweet, and brilliant as Justin Morrison. So when he turns up on the doorstep of her Napa Valley bed and breakfast, she can’t help but long for the happily-ever-after of her dreams...”
- Marked In Flesh (A Novel of the Others Book 4) by Anne Bishop <— A HUGE FAVORITE AMONGST OUR CREW!!! SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!
Tessa: Marked in Flesh. So much happened, right? And stuff I’ve been dying to see. Best though, is towards the end… Aroooo! That had me laughing so hard it was so cute. …some stuff I’ve been wanting to happen did. And, no. Not that. Though stuff in that area too.
Young: Finished Marked in Flesh. So so good!! As Tessa said, yes, ooohh..skinny dipping scene I can’t wait for the next book to see how the relationship between Meg and Simon will progress…
Ela: MARKED IN FLESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who’s the guilty party who got me hooked on Anne Bishop The Others??????????
- Seek by Mia Sheridan <— MIA SHERIDAN’S LATEST AND WE HAVE FEEDBACK! She lost her fiancé… “...the country has recently been ravaged by a massive earthquake and deadly tsunami, shutting down outside communication and making travel all but impossible. Still, Olivia is determined to make it to Colombia to find the answers she so desperately seeks. What she needs is a guide—a mercenary…“
Sarah: Could not put Seek down. It was amazing. Finally out of my book rut!
- Unloved, a love story by Katy Regnery <— KATY REGNERY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!!! SO MANY HERE LOVED IT LIKE CRAZY!!! HE’S A RECLUSE (seriously!!!) that finds her and saves her, and takes him back to his home to help her heal… but he has a dark secret.
Jean: Totally my type of book! A recluse living off the grid and a girl trying to find her way in life…..LOVED!!
Nancy: …her new book, UNLOVED, has to be the very best book she has ever written. In my humble opinion it is a gem.
- Captive Beauty by Natasha Knight <— LIVE!!!! DARK ROMANCE ALERT!!! “The agreement was one month. For thirty days, I’d be his. He’s no longer satisfied with my body alone, though. He wants my soul, too. Wants every part of me. And even though I can pretend I’m safe when I lie beneath him, this man does something to me. Something wicked. A thing that will break me…”
- Covet: A Novel of the Fallen Angels by J.R. Ward <— J.R. WARD SUPER BARGAIN ALERT!!
- Smoke and Mirrors by M. Mabie <— LIVE!!!! MILITARY FIREMAN & A SINGLE MOM SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “...Like smoke, I’d let her slip through my fingers once, but I’d never forgive the man in the mirror if I let it happen again. She was the fire inside me that would never burn out…”
- Flesh by Kylie Scott <— KYLIE SCOTT POST-APOCALYPTIC ZOMBIE STEAAAAAAMINESS!!! This one is not new but the cover is. 😉
Julie O: Those are my favorite books of hers. Nobody writes romance and zombies better.
- The Break Series (Phoebe & Madsen, The Love Story) by Andrea Johnston <— LIVE!!! HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!! “Phoebe Stromberg never believed she would be charmed by her brother’s best friend, Madsen Secksin. But charm her he did. With a kind heart and sexy as sin smile, he was the one man who made her believe in a forever kind of love…”
- Diamonds and Dirt Roads: Billionaires in Blue Jeans by Erin Nicholas <— LIVE!!!
- The Road to You by Melissa Toppen <— MELISSA TOPPEN’S LATEST IS LIVE!! SHE’S IN LOVE WITH TWO BROTHERS… “They were my moment… Two brothers that both owned a part of me. Two brothers that I loved in different ways for different reasons. One brother shattered my heart. The other put it back together. Both changed me forever.”
Lisa: OMG – that blurb. Must. Have. Now.
- The Art of Us by Hilaria Alexander <— LIVE!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE!! “Two years ago, his kiss left her reeling, but she pushed him away and they never spoke of it again. Lena Andrews is bad at love, and has no intention of getting better at it. Men are good for one thing, and love isn’t it. She’s perfectly okay with finding happiness in her job as a comic book artist. Yet, she can’t shake the memory of her coworker’s kiss…”
- The Dark Side series by Kirsty Cummings (aka C.M Owens) <— OH. EM. GEEEEEE!!!!!!! Kelly recommends these!
Kelly: I just needed to message you about 2 books I devoured in a day (who needs sleep!) There part of the dark side series by Kirsty Cunnings (this is her new pen name for this series but usually goes by C.M Owens) you recently reviewed a book she co wrote called worth it.All I can say is you need to read Four Psychos (The Dark Side Book 1) and Three Trials (The Dark Side Book 2). The books are absolutely amazing written and you fall in love with the characters with in pages. The lead character is a whitty, smart mouthed spirit with an ability to put her foot in it often and the 4 male leads are to die for.
All so different and I love every one of them. The books had me laughing, excited, annoyed and completely steamed up. I feel a lost now I’ve finished them but t her third book of her 4 part series is already wrote and will be released soon! Please give these books ago as there is no way you won’t love them!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (A few of next week’s!!! )
- Bigger Rock by Lauren Blakely – January 29th 2018 <— LAUREN BLAKELY BOOK BUNDLE!! “BIGGER ROCK box set — four New York Times bestselling romantic comedies, told in the male POV, that established Lauren Blakely as at the top of her game in rom-com! You’ll find friends-to-lovers, best-friend’s-little-sister, boss-assistant, and roomies-to-lovers romances.”
- Combust by K. Bromberg – January 29th 2018
- Still Me: A Novel by Jojo Moyes – January 30th 2018
- Moonlight Sins (de Vincent series) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – January 30th 2018
- Well Played by J. S. Scott & Ruth Cardello – January 30th 2018
- The Upside to Being Single by Emma Hart – January 30th 2018
- Dark in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel (In Death, Book 46) by J.D. Robb – January 30th 2018
- Stumbling Into Love (Fluke My Life Book 2) by Aurora Rose Reynolds – January 30th 2018
- A Crack in Everything (Cracks Book 1) by L.H. Cosway – January 30th 2018
- Escape (The Getaway Series Book 3) by Jay Crownover – January 30th 2018
I think I’m first
Just finished My Torin, what a crazy unbelievably good ride that was.
I didn’t know if I was smiling crying, hyperventilating or praying during this book. Yes it was that good. There are triggers for some people though.
Yay on being first, and also YAY on the 5 star recommendation!!! I do love that author, and I’m intrigued by the hero’s description.
*tosses glitter* 3 day weekend, Woot Woot!
Good morning! Happy Friday!!!
Happy Friday! No idea what I feel like reading this weekend.
I want something that has some emotion but…not that will give me a total ugly cry. It’s so hard to find an in between rom-com and emotion overload…and the slow-burn ones bore me. This is why I love Robins book! It had perfect mix of everything I love.
So, I am gonna relax with my coffee for a while and peruse my vast TBR.
Man, I love a slow burn.
I would just like to let you know I’m watching Train to Busan.
More to come… 😉 Eeeeeeeeeep!!!! 😀
Half way through…
the zombies are horrifying and so realistic and amazingly done…
and I’m watching in abject terror.
TOTALLY MY THING!!!!!!!!!
Plus, as in most asian horror… there’s a level of emotional and personal growth and connection going on.
P.S. Gong Yoo is handsome as hell <3
I’m SO FREAKING SCRAED
and now I’m claustrophobic
P.S. There’s a true bad-ass in this story and it’s not pretty boy Gong Yoo (although kind of him too) 😉 This is a less handsome, but strong as an OX alpha male protecting his pregnant wife… and whomever he can protect in the process.
He’s MY hero.
Melinda, right? My Torin…..geez, I’m still thinking about it days later! You guys gotta read it!!!!
Had to 1-click Four Psychos!!!!!
I’m reading Ryan’s Bed…..sobbed like a baby after chapter 1…. but now it’s got that Fallen Crest feeling from Tijan. Bitchy, stuck up, catty girls…. but the h is not putting up with it! It’s definitely YA which I didn’t realize (they’re 18). Tessa, this one is definitely for you!
Wait, wait! I ADORED Four Psychos! 🙂 I have been anxiously awaiting the next book. Seriously, it’s hilarious and fun, though giving a heads up, it is a reverse harem series.
I’m FINALLY reading Rush and boy, he’s a prickly jerk, isn’t he? 😀
Loved Rush Tessa! Hope you do too! And yes, the perfect kind of prickly jerk!
Don’t forget Rider’s Revenge by Jamie Begley released today. I can’t wait to get of off work and devour this book!!
Reverse harem is one girl, multiple guys. I love them because the relationships and humor are usually fun.
Duh, I’m am idiot! Yep, I like them too. *blushes*
A Discovery of Witches is on sale for 1.99
Saw a lot of interesting books up above…not sure what I am in the mood for but would something spectacular…
Also, I did see where Maryse posted The Idea of You… please see my review on GR for my complete opinion with some spoilers if you are indecisive about it since it is not on sale. I am still harboring ill will toward this book. Geez!!!
D.G. Which is exactly why it’s still on my TBR list. High price, and I’m SO tempted, but a bit unsure… <3 Thank you my friend.
Lesson learned never, ever, ever read a book by an unknown/new to you author while on vacation.
I think I’d like to read My Torin, Ryan’s Bed and maybe The Road to You simulatenously and see if I can my head/heart spontaneously combust!!
Lisa, read My Torin ASAP! Curious to see what you think of it!
Jean, then definitely read it! The story really was fun and she’s just hilarious. I just sent one of the best reverse harem series I’ve been reading. The first book is Trickery by Jaymin Eve and Jane Washington. It’s awesome. 😀
Thanks Tessa, I will!
Still reading CoHo’s “It Ends with Us” – my Jan pick4me! Thanks Nay babe!
But I’m side eyeing FLESH
Lurv the zomb apoc genre
Has anyone read it?
I LOVED Flesh! And Skin. WOW!!! YES. I read those back in my early indie days… and went CRAZY for this author.
Just finished Robin’s book. *sigh* I loved it and I miss Frankie and Darian and am impatiently awaiting book 2 😉
Now what to read…
I need help, tissues, Xanax. Why didn’t I heed the warnings? I love angsty books. But this one, I’m a wreck and in tears. Why did I decide to read God Shaped Hole? Why? I am 89 percent in and I don’t know if I can bear to finish it – yet I know I will. My husband is going to have me committed if he sees me weeping like this over a book!
Oh how I LOVED that book Sharon. Next, you should read “How to Kill a Rock Star” by the same author. There’s a little tie-in from this one, in there. 🙂
Maryse, call me crazy but when I pay that much (which is very rare) I expect it to be a ten star. if I had to do over, definitely would either wait for a amazing .99 cent sale or KU…
Yes, keep me updated.
Omg Maryse! What you are watching sounds crazy.
And I cried.
OMG I think bev just gave me a hernia.
Gosh darned movie making me cry again and terrifying me!!!
bev!!! I BLAME YOU.
STUPID-AWESOME KOREAN MOVIES!!!!!!
seriously. I can’t stop freaking crying over this horror movie. I need to snuggle.
Ok, I just looked that up. Gong Too IS handsome but that movie looks intense!!
Leslie!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!! :D!!!!
*Yoo* …stupid autocorrect.
I don’t think I could watch that one.
Gong Yoo is my new crush. Gah. Loved him in Coffee Prince and Goblin. Love his voice too.
I want to watch Train to Busan but it’s Horror so Kooloo and Maryse guinea pigged.
bev but it’s horror with HEART.
Trust me. Trust THEM.
This is AWESOME. I LOVE it.
I like that you love their horror and I there dramas.
They are structured like a book in many ways.
Now all your crying is scaring me.
Asian horror has always been my favorite for years and years. ALL of it. I watch mostly Korean, because it’s the best, but SO many awesome ones from all over (Japanese is my other favorite).
It was awesome and killed me and broke my heart and terrified me and thrilled me. Perfect.
I am not familiar with that other actor. Ma Dong Seok.
I’m glad you enjoyed it. I will have to get my courage up. And prepare to be sad.
Prepare my friend. Totally worth it, and I have no doubt you know what you’re in for. 😉
Yes, Leslie. Let’s plan a horror movie date. There is someone on here who watches horror. I thought it was you. Hmm. Cheryl?
Kooloo definitely.. Probably Amy too. 🙂
Or R? Maybe it was R.
Playing catch-up–I also loved Four Psychos! I downloaded the 2nd book the day it came out. Just haven’t had time to read it yet.
I cried too but was too embarrassed to admit it lololololol
I mean who cries watching a zombie movie ?!?
ME THAT’S WHO
Oh and you toooooo
HORROR MOVIE TWINS!!!! :D!!
Kooloo never be embarrassed about that around these people. They thrive on crying….only over books.
And zombie movies.
I like watching horror at the movies…not at home. Don’t want bad scary juju in my house.
He has no bad juju.
I love horror movies! Wouldn’t say it was horror, but definitely psych-thriller; my daughter and I watched Get Out tonight. That was a very twisted, somewhat scary movie. And then we watched two episodes of Black Mirror. My mind is wasted and I’m thinking what did I just watch with my 16 year old daughter?!!! :>
BTW, my daughter said she’s watched Train to Busan and thought it was really good.
Thank you Cheryl! <3
And I love horror movies too! I saw something about Asian horror. I loved Audition!!!
Audition is my favorite!!!!!!!! “Kiri kiri kiri” 😉
Oh and everyone MUST watch “Shutter” in it’s original asian format (it’s Thai). I loved it, but it’s the very last scene that haunts me like crazy, still to this day. Go in blind and you’ll see something incredible.
Am I the only chicken of the group? Yep, the girl who LOVES PNR and all that in books hates horror movies.
DG I’m with you. I struggled with The Idea of You too. I know many have loved it, but it’s not for everyone.
I read Kylie Scott’s steamy zombie books too, but they just confirmed for me that zombies aren’t my thang. I can’t even watch Walking Dead. Lame, I know, but…… oh well.
No. Tessa I usually stay far away from scary, but my love of kdrama and Gong Yoo has me tempted.
Nope Tessa, I am a chicken too! Lol I did used to love the thrill, until I was pregnant with my 1st, I freaked too much. Genuinely had real panic and I thought omg this isn’t good for the baby, I can’t take it anymore. And I haven’t been able to do it since. I watched Jurassic World for the 1st time the other day and was screaming and freaking out, covering my son’s eyes. He thought it was hilarious. Haha
Korean Horror Zombie Movies? What in the world? I knew you were all eclectic (BEV), but I’m dying laughing here. And you’re all crying? LOL.
Speaking of zombies, best zombie book by an author we love? Hands down, The Holy Trinity, by M Sheehan. Except…. it’s a trilogy, and years later I’m still waiting for book three. How can she do that to us? Plan & WRITE three books if it’s a trilogy!!!!
How about that for a thread topic? Next book in series you are waiting for?!?!? Maybe the authors will feel some pressure?!?!?
I haven’t watched it yet, that is all Maryse and Kooloo.
Let’s watch it.
I am on an Asian entertainment kick right now though.
I was listening to this yesterday because one of them was on Running Man….which is my new love.
I dk about putting pressure on authors, though I definitely understand the frustration. I dont think I would be able to work under pressure and if I did, the product probably wouldn’t be well received. But, books I really really want: I miss Karina Halle’s paranormal! I won’t read any of her contemporary Bc they make me sad, not Bc I’ve read them, but out of mourning. Lol Though, I did read a cpl outta the Sins and Needles trilogy and loved em. I want the next after Veiled. I also really want the next in Kitty French’s Chaplewick Mystery series. At least an update on whether there will be more or you know, a timeline. Something. Chelsea Cain, I read her One Kick, floved it, the end said the date of the next one. Everyone was so looking forward to it, still ask about it. Well, it doesn’t exist anymore!! And there’s so much I need to know! She changed publisher or something. It’s not fair. It was a big tease and then taken away. *sniffles* I’m sure there are more, I can’t think of them right now though.
Michelle, don’t get me started on series that were never finished. LJ Smith: Night World series. I’ve been waiting for the last book since 1998.
Now, I understand having to put something off. Sickness and a family death slowed it down. Then, in about 2010ish, she said she’s re-writing it. She released teasers and scenes from it. Then, she abandoned it again to write fan-fic of Vampire Diaries because the company who owns the rights to the book fired her since she didn’t want to follow the TV show. UGH! Vampire Diaries should’ve ended at book three! It was called a trilogy when it was released for a reason. Book four was just to appease those who were upset they cried in the end. She needs to stop writing fanfic and finish Strange Fate!
Tessa agreed with you on L.J. Smith. THAT WAS HER STORY!!!!! HER CHARACTERS. SHE KNEW where she was taking it. All over a contract technicality/loophole that to me? Just cheated her and the story as a whole.
So for me, I consider her fanfic the REAL story… she’s just not making any money from it anymore.
P.S. Err…. Okay yes I got caught up in the Vampire Diaries drama… I see you meant her other series (which I loved, too). But still all in all, an author’s story is HERS.
Michellemybelle!!! I sooooo get you
My fav zomb/apoc series is UNTIL THE END OF THE WORD by Sarah Fleming – it had everything romance, humor, heartache and horror = perfect
BUT I’m waiting for Book 3 of her NEXT series which happens on the same time line but revolves around the yunger brother of the heroine Cassie in UTEOW!!!
I made the stupid mistake of reading MORDACIOUS (Book 1) and I have Book 2 but refuse to read it until Book 3 is out… Fool Me Once and all that –
SUCKS ZOMBIE FARTS
bEV I LURV THAT SONG!
MARYSE I’M DEFF WATCHING SHUTTER TONIGHT AFTER WORK!!!
It’s so catchy…..though I do not know the words, lol. But I like the beat and the voices.
Oh, I like that song a lot. It catches you from the first listen.
I’m still waiting for sequel to Eternally North and Amber to Ashes. 🙁
Oh, Maryse, I know. They forced her to continue and it’s what she wants in the fanfic. Honestly, she originally didn’t want to write book 4. It was perfect at 3. Four was weird, as were the rest after. However, up to 4, perfect.
This song just makes me smile when it comes on.
I do use an Oxford comma. Well, most times.
Ok, bowl of ice cream and read. Get back to Jason Thorne.
OMG, you all are too much. Love y’all to bits. I am most anxiously awaiting Sleeping With Monsters by Amelia Hutchins and I know it’s coming… so yeah, *shrug*
I’m reading Moon Called, my PFM challenge book, I was able to get it because I got a giftie card from the ‘zon…. that doesn’t count for the book ban, yay! LOL. Oh, that reminds me…. anyone that wants to sign up for the challenges…. the threads are OPEN!!!
R. Just heard such an angsty song- Screaming Infidelities by Dashboard Confessional. *sigh*
Cheryl! I used to love that band. Going on a listening binge now!
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving is on sale for 2.99, I remember R. giving this an awesome review on GR that made me wanna read it
That is a fantastic book. Definitely NOT a romance though! 😀 It is a case study in “everything happens for a reason.”
I read The Silver Cage!!! It was absolutely amazing. Breathtaking and heartbreaking at the same time. The writing is exquisite, and the story is so real. So raw. It’s like nothing I’ve read before. I hope to hear your thoughts!