Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations – January 5th 2018

by Maryse on January 5, 2018 · 100 comments

in eBook Deals

Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!!!! It is a COLD day here in Florida (I’m worried about a few of my poor trees), and it will be a very cold weekend too. HARD FREEZE. Yes, I know I’m from Canada and am used to much harder freezes, but, you know… it’s been awhile. ;)

So I’m staying inside and under piles of blankets, in fuzzy pajamas all weekend and reading. I’m going to get hot chocolate and marshmallows too. And luckily, I have plenty of books to choose from. Those I’ve already one-clicked, those on my TBR list (don’t forget, “Tasha’s Best of 2017” list has become my newest TBR list. LOL!!).

P.S. if you haven’t seen all of the reader favorites “Best of 2017″ lists here yet, <— you can see them all here (I have 4 more to post this weekend, including my own!)

plus…

TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT ELSE WE FOUND :D !!

Brandi: One of my go to  authors Meghan Quinn has a new release that went live today,  Three Blind Dates and I hear it’s one of her best yet!
  • Prince Charming by C.D. Reiss <— C.D. REISS’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! She’s and FBI agent and he’s a criminal… “Keaton Bridge is exactly the kind of guy a straight-arrow like Cassie doesn’t need.  For one thing, he’s a criminal—and she fights crime for a living. And being criminally handsome isn’t helping her say no, either. Everything about him screams trouble, from his British accent to his mysterious past. And Cassie doesn’t do trouble…”
  • The Thing About Love by Kim Karr <— LIVE!!! KIM KARR’S LATEST IS LIVE!! HE’S A SEXY DOCTOR!!! And it’s super bargain priced. “Tall, dark, and handsome doesn’t change the fact that he’s arrogant, cocky, and rude. Not that I care, but he’s made it clear he wants nothing to do with a quirky girl like me, which is why he said no. Turns out no isn’t an option. I have a quickie wedding to plan, and Dr. Jake Kissinger doesn’t have a choice…”
  • The Unlikeable Demon Hunter (Nava Katz Book 1) by Deborah Wilde <— Tasha is enjoying this one!
Tasha: Halfway through The Unlikeable Demon Hunter and lurving it! I’m so stinkin tired though! It’s not even 7…*shakes head*
  • Hot As Hell: A Second Chance Romance by Vivian Wood <— LIVE!!! HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND WALKED OUT ON HER... “...She’s working at the local bakery, in control of the heat… until he walks back into her life. Fresh from the wildfires of Montana, Cade’s lost everything he held dear, and the losses left scars. They soon find that more than ever, they are better together...”
  • Eleventh Grave in Moonlight: A Novel (Charley Davidson Series) by Daryna Jones <— Nay LOVED IT!!
Nay: My favorite read in December was Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11) by Darynda Jones. For me, this is one of those series where each book gets better and better. Even if it hadn’t been my ONLY read in December, I’m pretty sure it still would’ve been my fave! lol

Why isn’t Ricardo’ DeLuca from the blame it on the Shame series onhere? The author did something crazy. The hero starts off nice in the first book and ends up becoming this ruthless jerk mob boss over text series. And the third book is nuts!!! The heroine is crazy strong too, even a bitch at times. And even though it’s mob. It’s so much more than that. So much angst and sexy times in the series. Ricardo’s transformation is one I’ve never read before. First book starts a little slow but halfway through takes off and continues full speed ahead for the next two books.

You could read the pain book but it’s another characters story and he was not alpha enough for me. But Ricardo from Shame is everything.

• A Perfect Fit by Zoe Lee <— LIVE!! SHE RUNS OUT ON THE COACH AFTER A NIGHT TOGETHER... “Daisy Rhys is trying to sneak away from a wedding reception, when Dunk McCoy–the sexy high school football coach and guy known for a good time–comes to her rescue. He’s sweet, nice and keeps putting his foot in his mouth. Daisy is totally delighted. A quick rescue turns into a full on press of a different kind…
  • Worth the Risk: Alpha One Book 1- Attraction Series Spin Off by J B Heller <— LIVE!! HER ONE NIGHT STAND ENDS UP BEING HER BODY GUARD…When a new client file turns out to belong to the woman Abe slept with three months ago, he does something he has never done before. He goes against company policy, one he created, and places himself on the case as her full-time bodyguard...”
  • The Forbidden Rose (The Spymaster Series Book 2) by Joanna Bourne <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE and Jan LOVED it!
Jan: My final read for 2017 turned out to be my best December read. OK, it’s another HR, but it’s also a terrific spy mystery. Set during the French Revolution. Forbidden Rose by Joanna Bourne. Really good. I highly rec. Yay! I’ve discovered a new author I like, and there’s a series!! Woohoo!
  • Steady (Hearts in Carolina Book 1) by Lindsay Paige <— LIVE!!! THE SWEETEST-SOUNDING “MEET CUTE”!! “Kayla Murphy might be able to turn down Logan’s many proposals, but she can’t resist his charm, his many nicknames for her, or his ability to make her laugh when it’s the last thing she wants to do. But unwanted distractions threaten what these two are building together…”
  • The Hard Truth About Sunshine by S. Bennett <— FROM ONE OF THE BEST OF 2017 LISTS!! Lisa read this one after finding it on Trish’s “Best of 2017″ list and she loved it, too!
Thank you for the rec of The Hard Truth about Sunshine by S Bennett. I read it after reading this post. It was sad but more bittersweet. She wrote it based on a random experience she had in an airport. So good!

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! :D )

1. Something So Irresistible (Something So Series Book 3) by Natasha Madison – January 8th 2018
  2. Blood Fury: Black Dagger Legacy by J.R. Ward – January 9th 2018
  3. Most Likely To Score by Lauren Blakely – January 8th 2018
  4. Hot Shot (North Ridge Book 3) by Karina Halle - January 9th 2018
  5. The Wright Secret by K.A. Linde - January 9th 2018
  6. Infraction (Players Game Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken - January 9th 2018
  7. Blood Fury: Black Dagger Legacy by J.R. Ward - January 9th 2018
  8. Uncharted: a survival love story by Julie Johnson - January 10th 2018

➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Nay January 5, 2018 at 7:41 AM

Good morning! Happy Friday!! Hope everyone is staying warm! Who all got snow? I know Leslie got a ton!

Lisa Aiello January 5, 2018 at 8:06 AM

Good morning, Nay. Just a little leftover snow on the ground here in Omaha…but damn it’s cold!! Like frozen nose bubble cold! On a happier note….Remembering Ivy from above MINE!!!

Tasha J January 5, 2018 at 8:07 AM

We got a little, I’m in OH though, not east coast. School is delayed for cold only today.
I want to read Prince Charming! And, Meghan Quinn’s Three Blind Dates which, I believe, is also out now!
I’m on book 2 of The Unlikeable Demon Hunter. It looks like there are 4, not counting the .5′s. If I stick with this series in a row, it’ll be a record. Lol

Maryse January 5, 2018 at 8:33 AM

I have no snow yet (they said it *could* happen)… but tons of frosted grass!!!

Ela January 5, 2018 at 8:57 AM

We too are in extreme cold weather but without the snow, I’m not complaining…

Leslie M January 5, 2018 at 9:28 AM

14 inches here AND we are going to have windchills at -30. Yes, you read that correctly. 30 degrees below zero windchills!! Seriously??

Anway…the good news…

*drumroll*

Guess what I have???? ARC of WAITING FOR THE SUN

*grabs Grey’s glitter bombs*

*tosses Grey’s confetti*

*grabs blankie and snuggles on couch and hopes family leaves me alone so I can read*

Ela January 5, 2018 at 9:35 AM
Ela January 5, 2018 at 9:36 AM

WOW LESLIE!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Aiello January 5, 2018 at 9:40 AM

I am waiting patiently to get my ARC…and I am totally into Court of Thorns and Roses. I didn’t think it possible, but I’m loving it so far. I think I’m at like 28% now. I have not yet seen or heard about this Rhys which everyone seems to be gushing over. Can’t read fast enough…there will be NO work getting done at work today!!

Ela January 5, 2018 at 9:57 AM

Yay LIsa!

Maryse January 5, 2018 at 10:11 AM

LOL Lisa!!! I think I one-clicked it recently… I need something awesome to read.

Tasha J January 5, 2018 at 10:28 AM

I think it’d be fun to have that much snow! Just not this year, lol.
Maryse, when is the last time you read fantasy or paranormal??

Maryse January 5, 2018 at 10:46 AM

Tasha I think the last one I read was T.J. Klune’s wolf one…

Jean January 5, 2018 at 10:49 AM

Wow Leslie! You have me beat with the temp. 5 inches of snow here yesterday and feels like minus 7 here today!

Lisa, glad you are liking COTAR!!

Nay January 5, 2018 at 10:53 AM

Maryse–we’re BRing COTAR and everyone loves it!

No snow for us, surprisingly–just the same bitter cold temps that many of us are experiencing. Now that the weekend is here, I’d LOVE to get some snow. I made homemade lasagna last night and I’ve got everything I need to make a pot of chili this weekend, so we’re all set with the warm comfort food at my house.

Ooh! And I also have the fixins for homemade cream of tomato soup–an excuse to use my new immersion blender that I got for Christmas!!

Nay January 5, 2018 at 10:54 AM

Lisa–I just now finally got to Rhys. Looking forward to seeing what the fuss is all about!

R. Renee January 5, 2018 at 11:15 AM

It’s cold here but finally above freezing. It snowed on us in Austin on NYE! The hubs bought enough firewood to get us to 2025 yesterday!

Grey January 5, 2018 at 11:23 AM

School is closed here. Temps below zero with -30′s wind chill… No complaints from me. First week back after break and only had a 3 day work week. I think chili sounds fantastic, but I’d have to go to the store, so that’s not happening. I’m going to make cookies. Or maybe call for pizza to be delivered for lunch, haha!

(*tosses hoodies in the air* It’s cold, ladies, work with me) LOL!

Tasha J January 5, 2018 at 11:45 AM

Omg I bought an immersion blender specifically for tomatoe bisque. The instructions warned about the suction, I thought I could handle it…nope! I poured a little, maybe halfway in the pitcher thing it came with and it shot right to the bottom, tomato bisque (straight from crockpot, boiling hot) shot straight out and everywhere. Including my poor hands. I just put the rest in my blender afterwards.

R. Renee January 5, 2018 at 11:47 AM

Oh no Tasha!! I did that in my blender. I thought this tomato soup isn’t *that* hot…

Leslie M January 5, 2018 at 12:35 PM

Funny about all this food. I made lasagna tuesday, pepperoncini pot roast yesterday, choc chip cookies this a.m. and would love a good recipe for homemade tomato soup. I have an immersion blender, never used it….now I am a little scared.

Ela January 5, 2018 at 12:44 PM
R. Renee January 5, 2018 at 12:44 PM

Leslie, I have one too. It’s phenomenal. I’ll email you because it’s not online.

Nay January 5, 2018 at 12:44 PM

Leslie–look at Pioneer woman’s website. She has two FAB recipes for tomato soup!

I’m also going to make an apple cinnamon sourdough bread. I bought an apple(ish) champagne (because I wanted to drink some of it!) to use instead of apple ale or sparkling water. That’s the only apple part about it. It’s mainly cinnamon/sugar sourdough bread.

Oh, and my oldest son turned 21 on December 23, and since we always have SO much food going on on his birthday, we do his cake a week later, so I also have a carrot cake to make this weekend.

I haven’t read the instructions or used my blender yet–are y’all talking about not using it with things that are over a certain temp?? I know they always talk about being super careful with the blenders they use on cooking shows and hot liquids–is it the same type thing?

Ela January 5, 2018 at 12:46 PM

Also, I don’t see it on this one but remember the think egg noodles or rice noodles. Cook, drain and when serving put in bowl and poor soup over them

Nay January 5, 2018 at 12:53 PM

Maryse! Some new author chic has a book that’s coming out on January 16 up for preorder on Amazon that I don’t see on the list. It’s:

Waiting for the Sun by Robin Hill

Early reports say that the book is AWESOME!!!

Nay January 5, 2018 at 12:55 PM

Ela–that looks awesome and I want those soup bowls! I LOVE Polish dinnerware. I’m getting ready to get some when I kinda remodel my kitchen.

Ela January 5, 2018 at 1:02 PM

Yeah, Maryse! What Renee Nay Nay said! PUT THAT BOOK ON THE LIST AND BROADCAST IT ALL OVER FB!

Ela January 5, 2018 at 1:02 PM

So I hear the iguanas are dying in FL from the cold??? And that it’s a good thing?

R. Renee January 5, 2018 at 1:10 PM

Maryse has been awesome you guys. No pestering! :lol: But I am legit crying over the enthusiasm! <3

Leslie M January 5, 2018 at 1:36 PM

Thanks Ela, that 2nd recipe looks delish!!

I will check Pioneer Woman too.

Tasha J January 5, 2018 at 2:38 PM

All the books in Tiffany Snow’s Corrupted Hearts series are 1.99! The last one comes out this April, I loved this series as much as her Kathleen Turner series.
Nay, I was talking about the suction power on my immersion blender. It was like a vacuum and my soup was extremely hot when I did it. I had no idea you had to be careful with heat and blenders too!

Amy January 5, 2018 at 4:03 PM

OMG those poor iguanas. :cry:

I’m craving chicken and dumplings. And chili. Mmmm…

I had cracked open a book from my 2016 purchases but all of the COTAR talk has convinced me to read Court of Mist and Fury. I swear y’all, I am TRUSTING you that I won’t lose it and have a freak out. *stares hard at those convincing me it will all be okay in book 2*

R. Renee January 5, 2018 at 4:08 PM

OMG I’ve been craving Chicken and Dumplings since I mentioned it on GR the other day!!

Ela January 5, 2018 at 4:17 PM

AMY YOU WILL LOVE IT …..JUST REMEMBER *SPOILER*

Tessa January 5, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Amy, promise. It works. There is actually a few clues in book one that I missed the first time that show that’s where the story was meant to go from the beginning.

Amy January 5, 2018 at 4:32 PM

*wrings hands nervously*

Tessa January 5, 2018 at 4:40 PM

And if you have troubles, feel free to ask me through GR. I’ll be happy to help.

Tessa January 5, 2018 at 4:47 PM

Tasha, book four doesn’t come out until Feb 20, sadly. (Guess what I’ll be reading that day). I’m so glad you are liking it. Isn’t she fun but completely flawed beyond belief?

Tasha J January 5, 2018 at 5:26 PM

Oh, that should be perfect timing then. She’s hilarious! A bit of a hot mess too, my favorite! Sometimes, I tell my kids I’m gonna read out loud to them, bc it annoys them so it gives me joy, and when I started the 1st and got to her first kill??! I edit or skip inappropriate things, but I had to stop. I couldn’t stop laughing long enough to continue. Lol

Jan January 5, 2018 at 5:27 PM

Oh you guys are making me feel so hungry and it’s only 9am here!

Yep, exciting news about Robin’s upcoming book. Robin you must be feeling both nervous and excited. You are very brave putting part of yourself out there for all to read. I’m full of admiration for you (hey, and for all authors!) Looking forward to reading your book.

Maryse I have another one you might want to add to your upcoming books. Susan Fanetti has a new book coming out next week (January 13). It’s called Nothing On Earth and Nothing In Heaven. We know and love Ms Fanetti’s MC and mafia series, and also her Viking series, but this is something new (and I can’t wait!) Cos it’s a HR set in Edwardian England (1910) about a young English woman who wants to live in the modern world but is caught up in the posh, traditional world she grew up in. And then she meets a brash American in London on business, who is the son of a railroad tycoon…….. Oh yeah, I’m so in :D

R. Renee January 5, 2018 at 5:31 PM

Thanks Jan! It’s been a strange day for sure! I did not expect to have so many ARC requests! It’s been awesome. Luckily I’ve been too busy to panic. :D

Jan January 5, 2018 at 5:33 PM

:D

Jean January 5, 2018 at 5:56 PM

Jan, that new Fanetti book sounds good! Look at me, I read Devil in Spring and now I’m all into HRs!!!!!

Grey January 5, 2018 at 6:05 PM

Made buffalo chicken soup here today. yummmm!

Amy, OMG! ACOMAF, was my face of the series…soooooo good!!!

Maryse January 5, 2018 at 6:29 PM

OMG BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP??? I have never had that but it sounds AMAZING considering how much I love buffalo wings. Recipe please?

Cheryl January 5, 2018 at 7:40 PM

If wasn’t traveling to the in- laws for belated Christmas,would be making some chicken and dumplings or Greys buffalo chicken soup. Yum!

Grey, I finished reading Lucky. It was a sweet, funny read.

Who was talking about Waking Olivia and Drowning Erin? Was one book recommended more or read one before the other??

Sitting in the backseat with my daughter and her snake, Barry. Yes, snake. With the extreme cold we (ok, my daughter and hubby) were afraid if we lost power while away Barry would freeze to death. The things we do for our kids!

MichelleS January 5, 2018 at 7:42 PM

R, Renee’s book is up for pre-order? I feel a BR coming on! SQUEEE

I love Chicken & Dumplings at Cracker Barrell. I cheat & use bisquits from a can & add to my chicken stock. Yummy & easy!

MichelleS January 5, 2018 at 7:43 PM

I decided to pull a Bev & limit my book spending. Spent an hour on library eBook catalog, and downloaded 5 books. I’m reading Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark) and it’s giving me that good ole’ days feeling. :-)

R. Renee January 5, 2018 at 7:49 PM

Michelle I sent out arcs today if you want one send me your kindle addy. I know a couple of people are reading it now. *throws up again*

Sharon F January 5, 2018 at 7:57 PM

Any recmoiendations on food processors? My beloved and ancient cuisinart is on its last leg! I think I want another cuisinart pro classic, but may want to upgrade in size from the my 7 cup.

I’m reading Worth It and all I can say is that’s it’s the funniest, sweetest book I have read in forever. Laugh.Out.Loud funny. I’m 78% in and don’t want it to end, but am dying to know how it ends. It’s refrshing to have it be about two couples. These characters have sick senses of humor – right up my alley.

Hunkering down in upstate NY – going to be a wee bit chilly here tomorrow!

Leslie M January 5, 2018 at 8:11 PM

Cheryl, a pet snake named Barry? Yuck! *shivers in fear*

I need to read Lucky. That cover?! I haven’t read Waking Olivia yet, but that is the first one.

Mmm…chicken and dumplings.

I also got to bump Worth It up the list. That seems to be getting lots of love.

I am currently enjoying Waiting for the Sun! *squee*

bev January 5, 2018 at 8:26 PM

Ok….im not Grey but the recipe is super simple.

1. Plug in and charge up kindle.

2. Call and order buffalo wings and your favorite soup.

3. Get the cocoa and marshmallows ready.

4. Favorite pajamas…..put them on.

5. Sit or lay comfortably.

6. Open To Tell The Truth or Gaan.

7. Take a bite of a wing and a sip of soup.

8. Enjoy!

bev January 5, 2018 at 8:34 PM

*high fives MichelleS *

I just downloaded one and 2 on hold from my library ‘s digital selection.
I hope to finish current read tomorrow then either the library book which is The One Memory of Flora Banks or one of the two I picked for the theme challenge or one of my loop hole pre orders The Cruel Prince.
I’m trying not to plan too much and just go by mood.

D.G. January 5, 2018 at 8:55 PM

Hello peeps! Checking in and catching up….
no snow for me but really cold temps…hard freezes. 17 degrees in the mornings….where’s my blankey and coffee?!?!?
R. So excited for you and your big day!!!!! I have no doubt it will be awesome my friend! Deep breathes and paper bags! Can’t wait to read it!
I started Remembering Amy and I am SOOO intrigued…I want to know…my mind is running with three or four different scenarios that might play out….I just need to know!!!!!

Grey January 5, 2018 at 9:32 PM

Grey’s Buffalo Chicken Soup

3 cans of cream of chicken soup (10oz)
6 cups of milk (whole milk is best)
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup hot sauce (Frank’s)
3 cups shredded, cooked chicken (using a plain rotisserie chicken and shredding it is easiest, or boneless skinless chicken breasts)

Mix all of the ingredients together and heat on low on stove top or you can put crockpot and cook on low all day. Some people add celery and other veggies, but we prefer it as is, over cooked egg noodles.

*Extra note… This also makes a super delicious base for buffalo chicken lasagna.*

R. Renee January 5, 2018 at 9:36 PM

Yumm! I’m so making this!

R. Renee January 5, 2018 at 9:36 PM

And thank you D.G! I just saw your comment. <3

Amy January 5, 2018 at 9:39 PM

bev…I preordered Cruel Prince as well! :D

Amy January 5, 2018 at 9:41 PM

…and just realized it’s sitting in my library. :P

Jan January 5, 2018 at 10:00 PM

*hugs Jean* See what’s happening? It starts slowly, but then, before you know it, your tbr is CRAZY OVERRUN with HRs. Bwahahahah.

bev January 5, 2018 at 10:10 PM

It sounds good and is getting some good buzz.
I am happy to be feeling some interest in reading again, but will admit on this book site …..i want more Goblin. It was just a good winter watch and fit my mood. Plus I miss that cringey Goblin.

Maryse January 6, 2018 at 12:18 PM

Happy Three Kings Day!! I just took down all of my Christmas decorations. *sigh* I will miss all that glittery twinkling gold… but it’s good to be back to schedule.

Tessa January 6, 2018 at 1:39 PM

Happy Three Kings Day! I still have a tree up. lol Little dude is going stir crazy, so I know he can’t wait for the ninth to go back to school. Maybe today the tree will come down. Maybe…

Maryse January 6, 2018 at 1:45 PM

LOL Tessa! Well if it were up to me, I’d keep mine up longer because it makes me so happy. And it was pretty and really not in the way, but they say it’s bad luck to keep the Christmas decorations up past January 6th (Three Kings Day is “The 12th day of Christmas”). Today… it’s over. :(

Maryse January 6, 2018 at 1:46 PM

GREY OMG THIS SOUNDS PERFECT!! I have all of it. P.S. I only ever use whole milk for everything. LOL!

Amy January 6, 2018 at 1:46 PM

I’m still cracking up over the snake named Barry riding in the backseat of a car. *snicker*

I’m going to miss the glittery goodness of the holidays as well. But now we have all the spring colors to look forward to. :D (I actually love Fall colors more but I’m trying to stay positive for all of us going through post-holiday letdown…)

Tessa January 6, 2018 at 1:47 PM

Ela, I looked at her advice and I can’t do that. My allergies mixed with what she eats would make me starve. However, I saw she mentioned Oikos triple zero and I looked. :D No citrus, citric acid, or phosphorous acid. They use malic acid instead (the same acid in apples and pears) which I can eat. So, SCORE! A yogurt I can actually eat. No sugar and no citrus plus it’s flavored. (Nope, can’t flavor anything because it’s either full of sugar or citric acid/ and or lemons).

Maryse January 6, 2018 at 1:47 PM

LOL bev!!! Your version of the recipe is right up my alley too, my friend. And I’m pretty sure it will be “Tell the Truth” first. ;)

Maryse January 6, 2018 at 1:48 PM

Hi Sharon! I’m almost finished Worth It, and I too, have laughed out loud quite a few times… definitely enjoying it.

I don’t even HAVE a food processor, which blows my mind, considering how many cool kitchen toys I have. So I’m all ears.

Amy January 6, 2018 at 1:55 PM

Food processors are SO worth the investment. I use mine as often as (if not more than) my slow cooker. They are especially helpful when you have to great a large amount of cheese.

bev January 6, 2018 at 3:05 PM

I know I keep pushing it but to be honest it makes me nervous because of Jellicoe Road. Though those two books are not alike.

Tasha I am jealous. I wish it was hard for me to consume a lot of calories. Though I am sure it is very uncomfortable and I hope you just sail through the rest.

Cheryl no. Just no.

bev January 6, 2018 at 3:06 PM

Barry as a snakes name sounds cute to us, but you know his is just plotting his revenge.

bev January 6, 2018 at 3:33 PM

One more. For us Notting Hill fans. Did you see this?
Gah I miss these old RomComs with good actors and scripts and sets. Seriously where are they?

Cheryl January 6, 2018 at 4:06 PM

Amy, glad you can laugh about Barry. What an adventure, him sitting, ok in a takeout container with a hand warmer under the container, between my daughter and me. *shivers*

Bev, YES that’s exactly what I think about Barry!

Reading The Thing About Love. So far so good. :)

marina January 6, 2018 at 4:57 PM

Reading Prince Charming!!! Been so anxiously awaiting Keaton’s story. Love this series. And all books CD Reiss.

Amy January 6, 2018 at 5:03 PM

In a takeout container?!? BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! This just gets better and better!!!

“…but you know his is just plotting his revenge.” <——- LOL!!!! Especially after being put in a takeout container! *snort*

Jan January 6, 2018 at 5:41 PM

Haha bev. That twitter feed about Notting hill is funny. I agree. Where are all the Notting Hill type films? Everyone loves them, but they are so rarely made or at least the well-scripted ones, where the actors have some CHEMISTRY….. :(

Cheryl January 6, 2018 at 8:03 PM

Yes! That’s what I tell my daughter. Barry is just looking at us and planning who he is going to bite/eat first; especially our dog who is fluffy and white and probably looks like a huge mouse to Barry.

Tessa January 6, 2018 at 9:33 PM

Tell me your daughter was the one who named it Barry. I’ve kept my mouth shut, but now I have to ask. Who named the snake Barry the snake?

bev January 6, 2018 at 9:37 PM

3 best of lists for today.

I think between all 3 of the lists I have only read around 4 books off of them, lol. I was so far off the bell curve this year.

Tessa January 6, 2018 at 11:43 PM

I read so many off Christina’s. You know what it’s telling me though? I apparently have to read Mist of Serengeti. It’s on most people’s list!

Amy January 7, 2018 at 12:22 AM

Holy moly Tessa…you haven’t gone to Serengeti yet?? Oh mama, you have to. Like, yesterday.

Tessa January 7, 2018 at 1:07 AM

So I’ve heard, but something about the blurb just makes me walk the other way.

Tessa January 7, 2018 at 2:54 AM

Alright, instead I’m now invested in Bad Romeo. A book everyone read but me. So far, I’m really liking it a lot.

ayeesha January 7, 2018 at 9:05 AM

I highly recommend children of vice series by j.j mcavoy

Leslie M January 7, 2018 at 9:31 AM

Tessa, I am reluctant for Mists too. I think it sounds depressing and not my thing. I don’t want the peanut avalanche when I dislike a popular book. :(

I loved Bad Romeo but WARNING it ends with major cliffy.

Nay January 7, 2018 at 9:51 AM

Oooh! Mists and Bad Romeo are two of my ‘faves of the year I read them’ books. LOVED them both!

I finished COTAR and really enjoyed it. Not quite as much as I thought I would, but I’m hoping that the feeling builds with reading the 2nd and 3rd ones.

Maryse–I’m working on my list, which will probably be a ‘Top 5′ with the weird reading year I had. Will try to send this afternoon or tonight.

R. Renee January 7, 2018 at 10:31 AM

Leslie, actually I think you’d love Mists. It’s tough, but that just makes the HEA more rewarding.

bev January 7, 2018 at 11:31 AM

Peanuts are to get somebody to read a book. A gentle reminder.

*throws a peanut at Maryse.*

Tomatoes are what we throw if you don’t like something.

*throws tomato at Jan*

Now whose in red?

Grey January 7, 2018 at 3:37 PM

Tessa! Read Mists!!!

Leslie, read ACOMAF, omg, please! LOL. Trust me!

Lisa…how are you enjoy ACOTAR???

Maryse, how was my soup?? LOL!

Being lazy today. I’m thinking a nap. Haha!

Jean January 7, 2018 at 4:03 PM

I love naps……

Tessa January 7, 2018 at 5:08 PM

lol I can see Leslie liking Mist and Fury FAR MORE than Thorn and Roses. There is more romance and angst in Mist and Fury, but I can see why she’s not wanting to go with it.

Cheryl January 7, 2018 at 7:03 PM

Tessa, my daughter named her snake. It’s actually Bartholomew! LOL!!!

Tessa January 7, 2018 at 7:35 PM

lol Bartholomew the snake… :D Too cute! I thought it might have been her.

Jan January 7, 2018 at 9:16 PM

I’m sposed to read Mists this month for one of my challenges, but now I’m scared :( But I do already own it, so I guess I’ll just have to give it a try.

R. Renee January 7, 2018 at 9:21 PM

It’s sooooooooooooo good Jan!!

Jan January 7, 2018 at 10:36 PM

*whispers* okay? I’ll be brave ???????

Nay January 7, 2018 at 11:29 PM

Ooh! I will definitely enjoy Mists and Fury more!

Jan–it’s WONDERFUL!

Maryse–I just sent my Faves of 2017 list to you!

Jean January 8, 2018 at 2:22 PM

Jan, you will love Mists!!!!! Don’t be scared…..it’s simply a beautiful, poignant story!