Oooooh FRIDAY THE 13th!! But no worries, today is proof that it isn’t bad luck, ’cause look at the awesome book-luck we have! Awesome sounding new releases, and some adamant recommendations! 😉 P.S. I’m still adding on to the list as we speak, so it’s not officially done yet.
Also, I’m doing my best not to read the review copy of All Your Perfects: A Novel by Colleen Hoover that’s going live in just a few days, ’cause I wanna buddy-read with our book-crew. BUT OMG is it HARD not to jump in yet. Tee hee!!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Breaking Mr. Cane (Cane #2) by Shanora Williams <— LIVE!! SHANORA WILLIAMS ALERT!! HER FORBIDDEN LOVE SEQUEL IS LIVE!!!! “The gripping, steamy follow up to the bestselling forbidden romance, Wanting Mr. Cane…” P.S. Here’s book #1 ➔ (Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane #1))
- What He Doesn’t Know Duet by Kandi Steiner <— BEST ANGST IN YEARS ALERT!!! Sharon LOVED THIS!!!!
Sharon: I’m in a slump. I just finished the What He Doesn’t Know duet and I’m ruined. That was the best angst I’ve had in YEARS. Right up there with Kellan and Kiera angst (hmmmmm – maybe a re-re-re-re-re-read is in my future). The first book really delved into only Charlie and Reese POVs – then out of nowhere we get Cameron. I didn’t know who to root for. But really, there was no rooting because someone was going to be devastated. This truly was an ugly triangle that you just know would hurt any way it ended. I cried when she made her choice.
- The Solemn Vow: A love story told from rock bottom by Bree Dahlia <— LIVE!!! OH THIS SOUNDS SUPER-STRESSFUL-ANGSTY!!!!! Just the way I love ’em1 “My first love ruined me. My second love saved me. I used to believe in for better or worse. I used to believe in forsaking all others. But now my husband is no longer the man I married. And the man who took away my fairy tale wants to give it back. The one who broke me has become my lifeline. The one who fixed me has become my toxin…”
Stephanie: It sounds like my cup of tea 😉 Just 1clicked! Thanks
- The Rule Breaker by Cat Carmine <— LIVE!!! THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!! SHE’S AN ADVICE COLUMNIST AND A RULE FOLLOWER… and then she broke ’em after a one night stand… “…Now I’ve got even bigger problems, though. Because it turns out that wasn’t just some random guy. It was Tyler Grant. Rich. Playboy. Devastatingly gorgeous. Oh, and the publisher of my new dating advice book. All my instincts are telling me to run like hell. It’s what I’d advise anyone else to do. But nope. I’ve had a taste, and I’m hooked. Now I’m calling him at ungodly hours and showing up at his house drunk and begging for sex and tacos. In other words, breaking every rule in my own damn book…”
- Drive by Kate Stewart <— ONE OF OUR 5-HUGE STARS FAVORITES is on super-sale right now!!! (thank you Amy!!) IN fact, here’s my review.
Linda: Finally put my big girl panties on and went all in and read Drive!! Fell in love with every single character. Amazing work Kate Stewart!!!
Teri: Just finished “Drive” oh my… I need a hug. I need a martini. I feel like I was hit by a Mack truck and now what am I going to read… Holy Me Oh My Oh, what a great, great, great, great, great (that’s 5-greats) book. When I first saw it popping up on this blog I thought ‘maybe’ but the gushing just never ended and I’m SO happy I jumped in on the “Drive” train. Thanks everyone for all great suggestions & gushes 🙂 .
- In the Assassin’s Arms (Dagger of Desire Book 1) by Katherine Hastings <— LIVE!! HISTORICAL ROMANCE! Kim has this recommendation!
Kim: Hi Maryse, I have never known an actual author before, but this gal is delightful. She has published her first Historical Romance Novel. It comes out tomorrow. I am hoping you can give her a shout out as I think she is going to be a great one. She is a Wisconsin gal, growing up in a resort area and have known her for at least 12 years. I read the first few chapters and am hooked “In the Assassin’s Arms (Dagger of Desire Book 1) Kindle Edition,by Katherine Hastings.
- The Tycoon: The King Family Book One by M. O’Keefe <— LIVE!! MOLLY O’KEEFE’S LATEST! HE BROKE HER HEART and now she needs his help… “Five years ago, Clayton Rorick loved me. Or so I thought. Turned out he only wanted to get his hands on my daddy’s company. Heartbroken, I ran away with nothing but the clothes on my back. Like a twisted Cinderella. When my father dies, leaving my sisters in a desperate situation, it’s up to me to help them. I’ll have to beg the man who broke my heart to save us.”
- Hating You, Loving You by Crystal Kaswell <— Melinda enjoyed it!
Melinda: I just finished Hating you, Loving you. I really enjoyed it. But it was very slow until about half way.
- Bad Habits Box Set by Staci Hart <— LIVE!!! STACI HART BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-SALE!!! “*This box set includes three full length, bestselling novels, plus an exclusive epilogue novella.* Six best friends. Three love stories. One big city. Countless laughs.”
- Claiming the Dragon King: The Elite Guards Novel by Amelia Hutchins <— TOTAL JERK-FACE ALERT & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!! Tessa LOVED it!!!
Tessa: Finished Claiming the Dragon King. Loved it. 🙂
MichelleS: Finished Claiming The Dragon King. Man, he was hard to love. Total jerk-face. Wanted to slap him around. But that’s why I read this stuff, right?? Great addition to this super sexy series.
- The Marriage Pact: A Novel by Michelle Richmond <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!! Amy also found us this one! Oooooh it MUST be mine!! They’re a happily married couple and they receive an invitation… “...The goal of The Pact seems simple: to keep marriages happy and intact. And most of its rules make sense. Always answer the phone when your spouse calls. Exchange thoughtful gifts monthly. Plan a trip together once per quarter. . . . Never mention The Pact to anyone. Alice and Jake are initially seduced by the glamorous parties, the sense of community, their widening social circle of like-minded couples. And then one of them breaks the rules…”
Amy: Also, The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond is on sale… normally 11.99! And boy, does it sound like it could be intense.
- The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning <— STILL ROCKING OUR PARANORMAL ROMANCE WORLDS!!
Kerri: Ok, just ripped through the fever series and definitely want more, High Voltage (Fever) left me needing more Barron’s and Mac but stayed engrossed without them. Moning did leave it wide open to keep the series going. Any idea Maryse, if she plans on adding more?
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (The next few days & a few of next week’s!!! )
- Act of Brotherhood: An Immortal Ops World Novel (PSI-Ops / Immortal Ops Book 6) by Mandy M. Roth – July 14th 2018
- All Your Perfects: A Novel by Colleen Hoover – July 17th 2018 <— WE’RE BUDDY-READING THIS ONE!!! :D!!!!
- Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott – July 17th 2018
- DIGGING A HOLE (The OHellNo Series Book 3) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff – July 17th 2018
- Cottage by the Sea: A Novel by Debbie Macomber – July 17th 2018
- Bound by Wreckage (Ravage MC Bound Series Book 6) by Ryan Michele – July 17th 2018
- Competence (Custard Protocol) by Gail Carrier – July 17th 2018
- Playing Hurt: An Aces Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson – July 17th 2018
- Consumed (Vampire Awakenings, Book 8) by Brenda K. Davies – July 19th 2018
- Quit Your Pitchin’ (There’s No Crying in Baseball Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale – July 20th 2018
- Have Me (Collateral Book 3) by LP Lovell – July 21st 2018
- Dirty Sexy Player by Laurelin Paige – July 23rd 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).