SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! The Amazon First Reads are up!! (Used to be called Kindle First) and I chose Minka Kent’s The Thinnest Air!!! Of course. I love her, and it’s a psych-thriller!! YAY ME!!! AND!!!! Lookit what else just went LIVE:
- The Right Stud: a sexy romantic comedy by Ilsa Madden-Mills & Tia Louise’s IS LIVE!!!! <— He’s got an offer she can’t refuse…😉 “…focus on turning my Granny’s old beach house into a profitable B&B. What I don’t expect is for him to show up the next day in my kitchen. You see, my sexy mystery man is none other than Jax Roland, the drop-dead gorgeous home improvement star of The Right Stud, and he’s got an offer I can’t refuse…”
SALT: A HEIGHTS NOVEL by Mara White <— MARA WHITE’S LATEST IS LIVE! The perfect good girl, and the troubled boy from the Bronx, dropped off at her parent’s horse farm… “…Burdened by a world that only wants to see her as perfect, Salana finds her greatest confidant in a boy society has labeled as worthless. Their paths cross too many times for their stubborn hearts to deny the connection, but can the delinquent and the debutant defy the odds…”
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Part-Time Lover by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY ALERT!! Marriage of convenience… “...one hysterical phone call from my brother later, begging me to find myself a wife so grandfather’s business stays in the family, and I need a promotion with Elise. Turns out a full-time husband suits her needs too, and a temporary marriage of convenience ought to do the trick, until we can simply untie the knot…”
- Mogul by Katy Evans <— KATY EVANS IS LIVE!!! CAN be read as a standalone!!! He was her one night stand, and she didn’t even know his name, but couldn’t forget him… “…I searched for him for months. Daydreaming about him. Wondering if I’d ever find him. Until the day I find myself staring face to face with his jeweled black eyes again. He says lets keep it casual, and my heart knows that falling for this workaholic in a three-thousand-dollar suit is off the table. Because he has a secret. One that’s a deal breaker for me...” <— GASP!!!!! Now I gotta know what that secret is!!!!
Lisa M: Happy dance MOGUL!!!!!! So excited stopped what I was reading to start & finish it!!! Ian Ford, my new book boyfriend!! So freaking good!! Just like all of Katy Evans books!! Read them all. Multiple times!! 5 star read for me!!
- War Storm (Red Queen) by Victoria Aveyard <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! ROBYN LOVED IT!
Robyn: I forgot to tell you guys I finished War Storm, the last book in the Red Queen series. This book wrapped things up quite nicely. Victoria Aveyard has a gift for writing. Her words and story flow so easily. I love a book where I can just read, not having to stop for grammar or continuity mistakes. I got so involved with the h, Mare’s cause and all the people she pulled into it with her, especially Cal, the H. These books had everything in them that I love, except sexy times, which were only alluded to because this is a YA book. That was okay because there was so much other stuff going on that kept me enraptured. Beautifully written series, I highly recommend it!
- Secret Admirer by Cynthia Eden <— LIVE!! CYNTHIA EDEN PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! P.S. It’s a full length standalone!! SHE FOUND OUT HER FIANCE WAS A SERIAL KILLER!!! *gasp!!!* “…Her goal: Bury her past. Pretend to be someone new. Live a lie. Alice May knows better than to trust a handsome man with a seductive smile. The last time she fell for a charmer, she learned her lover was a serial killer. Not the news a woman expects to learn on her wedding day. Since that brutal revelation, she’s sworn off men, she’s gone into hiding to get away from voracious reporters, and she hasn’t let herself get close to anyone. But…a year has passed since her life fell apart. And it’s hard to be alone all the time…” But someone is watching her and wants her to pay….
- Sweet Tea and Sympathy: A Book Club Recommendation! (Southern Eclectic 1) by Molly Harper <— MOLLY HARPER-SUPER-BARGAIN!! The elite event planner & the teacher… “…She’s riding high until one event goes tragically, spectacularly wrong. Now she’s blackballed by the gala set and in dire need of a fresh start—and apparently the McCreadys are in need of an event planner with a tarnished reputation. As Margot finds her footing in a town where everybody knows not only your name, but what you had for dinner last Saturday night and what you’ll wear to church on Sunday morning, she grudgingly has to admit that there are some things Lake Sackett does better than Chicago—including the dating prospects. Elementary school principal Kyle Archer is a fellow fish-out-of-water who volunteers to show Margot the picture-postcard side of Southern living...”
Amy: I snagged First, Sweet Tea and Sympathy (’cause I love small town stories),
- Stalked (Predators MC Book 4) by Jamie Begley <— LIVE!!! IT WAS A PERFECT DAY UNTIL SHE MET HIM… “…It was a perfect day … until I met Stump. I found a new friend, reached half a million followers, and was on the brink of putting my past behind me when the crazy biker accused me of stealing his dog. To make matters worse, he then blamed me for people hating on him. He did that with no help from me. I don’t blame the dog for running away. I would, too, if I belonged to him. My skills as a life coach don’t work on him. I might not be able to change the irritating Predator, but I’m not above using him to catch the one who wants me dead...”
- King’s Reign (Sydney Storm MC Book 6) by Nina Levine <— LIVE!! NINA LEVINE ALERT!! The epic conclusion to King’s story.
- Often (Iron Orchids Book 4) by Danielle Norman <— LIVE!!! HE’S PRIVILEGED & SHE’S… NOT. “…When my world was turned upside down, he took me in his arms and promised to help me find a new direction. Now I’ve lost my job, been separated from my friends, and any day an eviction notice was bound to show up. Unfortunately, my journey was tougher than he had imagined. When nothing goes right, look who’s left...” P.S. ➔ We’re having a fun signed book giveaway <— check out this link to enter!!!
- The Boyfriend Experience (Jordan’s Game Book 3) by J.A. Huss <— THE LATEST BY J.A. HUSS IS LIVE!!! He was going on a simple date but he thinks she’s insane!! LOL!!!! 😛 “…Wining, dining, maybe a date to a wedding to appease her meddling mother… No. That’s not quite what Oaklee had in mind. Lawton Gabriel took this game as a favor to his friend. And it only took him five minutes to regret it. Because Oaklee Ryan is insane. She’s loud, she’s demanding, and she’s dead set on getting her way. If she thinks he’s gonna turn into her version of a boyfriend… “
- My Teacher by Sam Crescent <— LIVE!!! *blink blink* 😉 FORBIDDEN LOVE & HE JUST BROKE ALL THE RULES OVER A BULLIED STUDENT… “…He’s just broken every single one. She’s forbidden, a temptation he should resist, but she’s just become his very reason for living. Lucia Deen is used to being bullied, alone, with no one to turn to until he enters her life. He cares, showing that her safety matters, that she matters. But he’s her teacher. It’s wrong. It’s dangerous—and she’s already addicted…”
- Sinning in Vegas: (Vegas Morellis, #2) by Sam Mariano
- His Mimosa: The Cocktail Girls by Jamie Schlosser
- Magni (Big Book 2) by Janice M. Whiteaker
- Talk Nerdy To Me (The Sterling Shore Series Book 13) by C.M. Owens <— THE LATEST BY C.M. OWENS IS LIVE!!! “...he’s a semi-estranged cousin of one of my brother’s friends, plays guitar in a local band, and he doesn’t get mentioned much unless he’s on stage. Until…he decided I was going to be his first real-life muse, moved himself into my spare room, and started splashing the walls with pictures of my face next to his lyrics… His weirdness differs from mine…”
- Perfect Fix by Jason Mares
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor <— Tasha is into it!
Tasha: I’m not too far in Daughter of Smoke and Bone yet, but am still loving it. It’s not what I thought it would be, it’s been so long since I even read what it was about, I just basically went in blind, and it’s one of my favorite fantasy subjects! Yay! I haven’t read very many w/angels, fallen angels, demons or in this case Chimaera, but it fascinates me and I’m liking the different spin on this one. And the writing is so good too!
- Butterfly Trap by TL Fisher <— LIVE!!! PSYCH-THRILLER BLURB JOLT ALERT!!!!! “…Party girl, Nikki Kraemer is terrified when she wakes up tied to a dirty mattress in a basement that bleeds and breathes death. Her reality grows more terrifying as she battles her addiction at the mercy of her deadly captor. This is no ordinary day. Issac Burns has a dangerous secret that has eaten away his moral integrity for ten years. This is the day he will confront his inner demon . . . but Nikki is no ordinary woman…”
- Dark Queen (Jane Yellowrock) by Faith Hunter <— Tessa’s BEST OF MAY books!
Tessa: Best book of the month is between a few, but as much as I adore The Morell series, I also read Dark Queen by Faith Hunter. Seriously, that book was THE BEST of the series to date. It wasn’t just the culmination of all the storylines ending, but seriously, THE EMOTIONS. I ugly cried. Just out and out ugly cried. I get teary-eyed, but ugly cry, not normal for me. This one did it. *grins* One last book and the series is done. I’ll miss it.
- Castaways by Tara Brown <— LIVE!! TARA BROWN’S LATEST & IT SOUNDS LIKE A THRILLER! Celebrities are shipwrecked on a deserted island… “…When the luxury yachting trip hits rough seas, Lizzie isn’t prepared for what happens next, a sunken ship and someone else’s boyfriend rescuing her. Waking up on the sunny, deserted island seems like a nightmare at first. Until the ten sexy celebrities decide to make the best of it. Sunbathing and eating fresh fruit off each other’s bodies is not the worst way to spend a week. There are no paparazzi and the weather is fine. But the party only lasts so long. Soon enough the reality of being shipwrecked hits them and the group begins to worry...”
- Lessons In Corruption (The Fallen Men Series Book 1) by Giana Darling <— FORBIDDEN LOVE BIKER BOOK ALERT! Nay’s favorite for May:
Nay: My favorite book for May was definitely Lessons In Corruption (The Fallen Men Series Book 1), the first book in Giana Darling’s biker series….It’s a great forbidden, teacher/student storyline with a very mature 18 y.o. male student whose family is involved in an MC. The alpha writing reminds me of KA A LOT and in a great way (usually when I get ‘like KA’ recs, they don’t much remind me of KA.)
…Usually when I read that about a book, I don’t get the KA vibe at all, but I definitely do with these! Although I don’t want to take anything away from Giana Darling–she’s a great writer in her own right and her writing is definitely different. …At this point, I’m hoping she’ll write a book about every member of the Fallen MC!
MichelleS: NAY!! OMG! That was the series I was telling you about that reminded me of KA. I had it wrong. … So glad you posted this.
- The FBucket List (Romance and Ruin Book 1) by Lena Fox <— LIVE!! SHE’S DYING… and she has a bucket list. “…Blake understands the fragile nature of life. He hides from his guilt by indulging in flings and one-night-stands. When Georgina falls into his lap – along with her list and her insistence on no commitments – he thinks he’s hit the jackpot. He swore not to fall for her, but he would, hard, and it could bring back past secrets that will destroy him…”
- Matchmaking for Beginners: A Novel by Maddie Dawson <— LIVE!! HER BLISSFUL LIFE IS CHANGING… “...When her marriage ends after two miserable weeks, Marnie is understandably shocked. She’s even more astonished to find that she’s inherited Blix’s Brooklyn brownstone along with all of Blix’s unfinished “projects”: the heartbroken, oddball friends and neighbors running from happiness. Marnie doesn’t believe she’s anything special, but Blix somehow knew she was the perfect person to follow in her matchmaker footsteps. And Blix was also right about some things Marnie must learn the hard way: love is hard to recognize, and the ones who push love away often are the ones who need it most…”
- Cheat Codes (Dawson Family Series Book 1) by Emily Goodwin <— LIVE!! BEST FRIEND’S LITTLE SISTER & YIKES!!!! “…Everything about them was wrong, the kind of wrong that felt so right. But none of it mattered. Not the terrible timing. And definitely not the mess it would create if Archer made a move on his best friend’s baby sister. It was supposed to be one night, but one night is all it takes to make everything more complicated, and they only have nine short months to sort it all out...”
- Variant: Trilogy (Variant Trilogy Book 1) by J.Q. Baldwin
- Herons Landing: A Small-Town Romance (Honeymoon Harbor) by JoAnn Ross
- Tempting as Sin (Sinful, Montana Book 2) by Rosalind James
- Wings: A Dark Mafia Romance (Gilded Cage Book 1) by Fawn Bailey <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! “Two brothers. One woman. And a villain out to end it all. Discover the mafia world of Gilded Cage in this full-length dark romance novel. First book in a trilogy.“
- GENT: An Enemies to Lovers Romance by Harloe Rae <— JUST WENT LIVE & IT’S SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED! Oooooh he like a jaded-jerk!!! I especially love that last line. I’m delightfully intrigued! TOTAL BLURB JOLT FOR SURE, and I think we’re gonna have to work for it. “…She hovers in my space, batting her lashes and smiling shyly. The glimmer in her sapphire eyes is a promise of peace. But I’m not falling for it. And Raven doesn’t take the hint. What starts as a battle of wills, explodes into a turf war. She stands directly in my path everywhere I turn. No matter how hard I shove, she won’t budge. Raven seems dead set on driving me insane. But I was here first. And I’m not going down easy. After all, no one ever taught me how to treat a lady...”
- Donut Swipe Right by Tracie Douglas
- Donut Dilemma: A Standalone RomCom by Jessika Klide
- Donut Be Shy (Men of Lakeview) by F.G. Adams
- Donut Be Easy: A Standalone Romantic Comedy by Kristen Hope Mazzola
- Donut Tucker Out (Beech Grove Book 1) by Mayra Statham
- Five Alarm Donuts: Donut Day Collaboration by Winter Travers
- 11 Enticing Donuts by Fifi Flowers
- Donut Hole by Regina Frame
- Donut Overthink It by Shantel Tessier
- Donut Tease Me: A Standalone Best Friends To Lovers Romance by Kristen Luciani
- Donut Leave Me (One of the Boys) by Teresa Crumpton
- Love & Donuts by Amy Briggs
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Waking Olivia by Elizabeth O’Roark Cheryl is enjoying this one!
“Have been listening to Waking Olivia while cleaning and decorating porch. Forgot how fun and productive it is to listen to a book. Now to make some crepes…”
PREORDERS (The next few days & a few of next week’s!!! )
- Fight (The Brazen Bulls MC Book 6) by Susan Fanetti – June 2nd 2018
- Only Him (One and Only Book 2) by Melanie Harlow – June 4th 2018
- Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc. Book 1) by Rachel Van Dyken – June 4th 2018
- Dangerous Control (Dark Dominance Book 3) by Annabel Joseph – June 4th 2018
- Redson (VLG Book 10) by Laurann Dohner – June 5th 2018
- Unexpected Love Story (Love Series Book 2) by Natasha Madison – June 5th 2018
- The Chateau: An Erotic Thriller (The Original Sinners) by Tiffany Reisz – June 5th 2018
- Brief Cases (Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher – June 5th 2018
- The Ever After: A Novel by Sarah Pekkanen – June 5th 2018
- In Bed with the Beast (The Naughty Princess Club) by Tara Sivec – June 5th 2018
- The Ex-Wife: A nail biting gripping psychological thriller by Jess Ryder – June 5th 2018
- The Girl and Her Ren (Ribbon Duet Book 2) by Pepper Winters – June 5th 2018
- Get You Some (The Simple Man Series Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – June 7th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).