HAPPY FRIDAY, HAPPY READING WEEKEND and… it’s the day of forbidden love (er, well… at least two of today’s Friday Finds, anyway). Like that one there to the left.
Let’s play “Three Things” (in the comments) shall we? This is one of our favorite games (anything about you, right now – random or not) to bring us up to date (courtesy of bev – I love her fun personal quizzes). Okay so I’ll start!
- A bunch of us are buddy reading that one up there to the left (One Week). I know it’s going to make a mess of me, and I LOVE that!
- I’m ALSO reading another book that I’m so into called The One. Imagine you can have your DNA tested, and find your exact love match/soulmate. Sounds perfect doesn’t it? But oh the complications, and this book GOES there. I’m LOVING it!!
- I just planted my 3′ lemon tree into the ground with my navel oranges. I grew them all from seed (from organic fruits, and growing from seed can be hit or miss on exactly what kind of fruit will be produced – yummy or sour?). BUT!! The lemon tree is extra special to me because it’s polyembryonic (meaning TWO trees came up from one seed, which, from what I gather, means that ONE of those trees is a perfect clone of its original tree and will produce the exact same kind of lemons I took it from). YAY ME!!!!
Okay, now you! 😀 And also…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- One Week by Roya Carmen <— LIVE!!! ROYA CARMEN’S LATEST FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT! OH MY MY MY. This one is going to be tumultuous!!!!! I’m going in! She’s in a troubled marriage, and then she meets him… “...she resolves to move on and forget about her beautiful stranger. But then… she makes an unexpected discovery, and it shakes her perfect world to its core. Rules don’t apply anymore. An arrangement is made, and her husband gives her just one week with Eli. The rules are clear: One week. Sex only. No contact thereafter. Seems simple enough, but it’s never simple when it comes to love...”
Leslie M: Maryse, are you reading One Week? We are doing buddy read over on GR. 🙂
Maryse: Leslie… HECK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy: One Week is sounding tempting. Even if her Ground Rules DID get me all kinds of p!ssed off. *snort*
- The Upside of Falling (The Blue Line Duet Book 1) by Meghan Quinn <— MEGHAN QUINN’S LATEST IS LIVE!! “...I learned a long damn time ago, the only way to achieve my dreams was to avoid distractions—at any cost. Focus. Resolve. Determination. But all it took was one single night. One night and my entire life…changed. One night had me colliding head first with the biggest distraction of my life; Rory Oaks...”
- The Date: An unputdownable psychological thriller with a breathtakding twist by Louise Jensen <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!
- The Last Girl: A gripping psychological thriller with a killer twist by Nick Twist <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!
- Tri Moons: Hidden by Yanette Mantro <— PARANORMAL ALERT!! Krystal recommends it!
Krystal: hey ! I recently read this ARC and man !!!!! Super good ! The hero is totally alpha hot and the heroine is a total badass ! It releases this week. You’ve got to check it out
- The Choices We Make (Relentless Book 4) by Barbara C. Doyle <— ROCK STAR/SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…With his now world famous rock band, Relentless, on break from their continental tour, he returns home to small town USA hoping to win back the girl he left behind. But nothing is the same in Clinton, New York. Old ghosts begin taunting the ex-lovers until their deepest secrets threaten to unravel their very fragile existence, leaving a trail of truth and lies in their wake...”
- Even Money (All In Duet Book 1) by Alessandra Torre <— ALESSANDRA TORRE’S LATEST & Jean was enjoying this one!
Jean: I am loving Even Money! I can’t explain it, but it’s kinda giving me the old feels from books like Release Me (J. Kenner), Naked (Raine Miller), Bared to You (Sylvia Day), This Man (Jodi Ellen Malpas), Fifty Shades,…… just the feelings though. I could be wrong in my assessment because I’m only at 30%…..I have no idea where it’s going or if it’s even erotica…… great storyline so far! I have a feeling I’ll be needing to jump into book 2.Keep you all updated!
- Imperfect Love Story (Imperfect Love Duet Book 1) by Rachael Brownell <— ONE TRUE LOVE DOESN’T GO AS PLANNED… “...They say everyone has one true love, one person who was made just for them. A person they were meant to spend the rest of their life with. The thing about life… it doesn’t always go as planned…”
- Road-Tripped: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (Ad Agency Series Book 1) by Nicole Archer <— ROM COM!!! Rochelle LOVED this recommendation:
Rochelle: First I want to say thanks for the tip on the Tripped books by Nicole Archer. Fantastic.
- Rebels : The Complete Series by Alexa Riley <— ALEXY RILEY SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! “This bundle includes His Rebel, Her Rebel, and our BRAND NEW story Secret Rebel. Revisit your old favorites and discover our newest addition to the trio. This dystopian future is full of insta-love, alpha males, and lots of steam in between.”
- Divided by Magic by Rebecca Danese
- Cry Baby by Ginger Scott <— GINGER SCOTT ALERT!!!!! HE’S IN A RUTHLESS STREET GANG & HE’S FALLING FOR HER… “...there she was, moving boxes from the back of an old pick-up into a house Tristan had shot up on a dare with his friends only a few months before. Tall enough to look him in the eyes and strong enough to fill his shadow, Riley took up space on his streets, her loud mouth fearless in the face of the gang leaders who terrified everyone else…”
- Hotbloods 7: Invaders by Bella Forrest
- The Heartbreaker (The Hunter Brothers Book 3) by Lili Valente
- The Cottage on Sunshine Beach: An utterly gorgeous feel good romantic comedy by Holly Martin
- THAT MAN 6: (The Anniversary Story) by Nelle L’Amour
- Craving Mr. Kinky (The Mr. Wrong Series Book 4) by A.M. Madden and Joanne Schwehm <— A CAR ACCIDENT & THE ANGRY SCHOOL TEACHER ALERT!!! “…I was all for feisty women, but I preferred leaving that for the bedroom–not on the streets of New York. When I learned she was a school teacher, that worsened my disposition. What man didn’t have a dirty teacher fantasy at one point in his life? I decided it was my turn to teach her a thing or two… or so I thought. Little did I know, Miss Prim-and-Proper would turn the tables on me...”
- Family Ties by Stephie Walls <— STEPHIE WALLS FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!!! This one just went live early and Nancy loved it! She says:
“FAMILY TIES by Stephie Walls went LIVE early! I read an advance copy and fantastic. Forbidden love because they are foster children with the same loving foster parents that consider them siblings even with no blood connection.”
- Well, This Is Stupid: A Book of Poems Written by a Sleepless Writer by Ives Phillips <— AMI RECOMMENDS POETRY!!! Hey I am all ears!!!
Ami: Gotta share my poetry obsession Hello! I’m so glad I found this cool website! I’ve been trying to find someone to share my new poet obsession with, and it’s unbelievable how HARD it is! Anyway, I would really like to recommend “Well, This Is Stupid” by Ives Phillips. There are some poems that are hard-hitting and touching, and some that are witty and sweet. (I especially love their “Untitled” poem, it touches the fantasy-loving part of me and the clinically depressed part of me). I think they have a goodreads account, too, but I have yet to find it, myself. Happy reading! -Ami
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Well, This Is Stupid: A Book of Poems Written by a Sleepless Writer by Pam Godwin <— Rochelle recommends this!
Rochelle: Wanted to put a plug in for Dark Notes by Pam Godwin. Audible has the five start listen. When you start you can’t stop. This is one of these books we are always looking for or the book you don’t want to end.
PREORDERS (The next few days & a few of next week’s!!! )
- Fixed Forever by Lauren Paige – June 25th 2018
- Three Days Missing by Kimberly Belle – June 26th 2018
- One Small Thing by Erin Watt – June 26th 2018
- Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant Book 1) by Ilona Andrews – June 26th 2018
- The Darkest Warrior (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter – June 26th 2018
- Me, please. (Iron Fury MC Book 5) by Bella Jewel – June 26th 2018
- Getting Schooled by Emma Chase – June 26th 2018
- Inked Nights: A Montgomery Ink Novella by Carrie Ann Ryan – June 26th 2018
- All We Ever Wanted: A Novel by Emily Giffin – June 26th 2018
- The Fragile Ordinary by Samantha Young – June 26th 2018
- Liar, Liar by Lisa Jackson – June 26th 2018
- The Cabin at the End of the World: A Novel by Paul Tremblay – June 26th 2018
- Knowing You (The Cursed Series, Part 2) by Rebecca Donovan – June 27th 2018
- Game Misconduct: A Baltimore Banners Hockey Romance (The Baltimore Banners Book 11) by Lisa B. Kamps – June 27th 2018
- Play Dirty (Jordan’s Game Book 4) by J.A. Huss – June 27th 2018
- Chasing Him (Bishop Brothers Book 3) by Kennedy Fox – June 28th 2018
- White Knight by C.D. Reiss – June 29th 2018
- Jackal (The End of Men Book 2) by Tarryn Fisher & Willow Aster – June 29th 2018
- The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air) by Kelly St. Clare & Raye Wagner – June 30th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).