I’m finishing up and reviewing Riven tonight. So far it’s so good, and I’m delightfully nervous, ’cause of some of my book-buddies reactions – eeeep!! I still have NO clue where this is going and I’m almost done. And then I get to choose a new one for the weekend!! I’m still dying to jump into “Something in the Way” so I think that just might be my next.
I might also try and finish that audiobook I started (I’m struggling ’cause of the narration – I think I’m definitely a two-voice person) but I’m almost done and I DO want to know how this one ends too.
And… it looks like this week was an AWESOME reading week, ’cause you guys sure found a ton of awesome books that you loved. In fact:
Take a look at what we found for the weekend!!
- The Knocked Up Plan <— by Lauren Blakely <— LIVE!!! LAUREN BLAKELY ALERT!!! TEE HEE!!! She’s not interested in a relationship. She just wants a baby, and her co-worker is the perfect target! “This single gal has had enough of the games, the BS and the endless chase. I know what I want most, and it’s not true love. It’s a bun in the oven, and I’m not afraid to hit up my sex-on-a-stick co-worker to do the job. Ryder is gorgeous, witty and charming — and he’s also a notorious commitment-phobe. That makes him the perfect candidate to make a deposit in the bank of me...”
- Love Sex Music by Michelle A. Valentine <— LIVE!! ROCK STAR ALERT!!! A new one from Michelle A Valentine and look at this gorgeous cover! “Life has been an uphill battle for Aundrea Newton, so when a sexy, tattooed stranger hand delivers her dream of a music career, she’s skeptical. Nothing ever comes easy, and she knows Laz has the power to crush both her career and her heart with his undeniable sex appeal and charismatic swagger. When the line between mentor and student blurs, both begin to question what’s more important...”
- Wrecked by Jeannine Colette <— HOT COP ARRESTS THE PART GIRL & THEY HATE EACH OTHER!! Yep… just released a couple of days ago and the blurb has me!!! it’s back on the list ’cause:
Brooke: I read this today and loved it!
- Reliving Fate by Natasha Preston <— LIVE!! SHE ENDS UP IN THE WRONG SIDE OF TOWN ALERT!!! “…she sets out on a mission to find her sister’s killer, but it leads her to the wrong side of town. And right into the path of Rocco, a loner, a bad boy, who is determined to keep her away. After all, you protect your own, and Bella certainly doesn’t belong with the likes of him…”
- BFF’ed by Kate Aster <— LIVE!! HER OFF LIMITS BAD BOY BEST FRIEND ALERT!! “...Wrap up that eight-pack with Navy khakis and top it off with a shiny SEAL Trident, the kind that makes the girls swoon. That’s Mason. My best friend. For me, he’s off limits. Now that I’ve finished college, I need to focus on my writing career. And without his help, I don’t stand a chance. But I need something from him. Something only he can give me...”
- Crave Me: The Good Ol’ Boys by M. Robinson <— HE WAS ALWAYS ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN… until he met HER. “Always on the other side of the fence. Always looking in. Always wishing you were someone you couldn’t be. Until one day you meet her. The one. She was my high, but she was also… My demise.” Lindsee recommends this one!
Lindsee: Have you read Crave Me by M. Robinson? Its one of my favorites this year. Its a part of a series but Crave Me was my absolute favorite
- The Night Mark: A Novel by Tiffany Reisz <—TIFFANY REISZ ALERT!! TWO AWESOME CONNECTED BOOKS but different… and Sally recommends it BIG time! GAH!!! I have The Bourbon Thief, too. Another one of those “epic reads” for the top of my main EPIC READS TBR list!
Sally: Maryse, I have to tell you about a book I recently finished that was so refreshingly different! TIME TRAVEL!!! I have been looking for a book like this for a while. I LOVED this book. Wonderfully written, engrossing, storytelling at its finest! You know what I loved most? That the author VERY cleverly connected her book The Bourbon Thief and yet they are two very different SEPARATE reads. What a delight for those that read The Bourbon Thief (which I loved as well), I absolutely felt like I knew a secret that others did not thereby bonding me even more to the characters and the story. BRILLIANT I tell ya! That being said you do NOT have to read The Bourbon Thief to love this book it was just a little extra! treat.
- Redemption by Stephie Walls <— LIVE!!! SOUNDS SUPER-EMOTIONALLY ANGSTY ALERT!! “One decision. One horrific mistake. One lifetime of hell. Everything I got was justified, and all I lost warranted. No matter where I went, the hell of my past followed. There was no forgiveness, no reparation—I would spend the rest of my days trapped in purgatory. His pain was mine...”
- Tycoon by Katy Evans <— RECENT RELEASE IS BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE SO MANY ARE LOVING IT!!!
Julie o: Am lovin Tycoon!
Leslie: The Tycoon cover makes me want to read it ….maybe I need to add that one too!!
Ashley: Tycoon by Katy Evans was SO good!!!
- Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt Book 1) by Heidi Cullinan <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! FABI LOVED IT SO HARD THAT SHE’S IN A BOOK FOG AND CAN’T MOVE ON...
Fabi: I am in book fog hell. I haven’t been able to sink into a new story since finishing Carry the Ocean. I just keep reading reviews and thinking about the characters. The reviews on Amazon are pretty amazing. I think the only thing that held this book back from burning up the best sellers lists is that’s it’s marketed as m/m romance. Like I said in my review, I am a better person after finishing this book than I was before I read it. How do I pick a “next” after that?!
- The Dom’s Way (Iron Eagle Gym Book 5) by Sean Michael <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- ICE on FIRE: Knights of Silence MC Book 2 by Amy Cecil <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT!!
- CASEN (The Karma Series Book 2) by Any Marie <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! Lauren recommends it!
Lauren: I just finished Casen by Amy Marie (on today’s list) & really loved it. It’s a HS bully/victim story set 10yrs after graduation…..& she is SO not over what those guys did to her in HS. Beware… It IS a sequel so you’ll have to read book 1 first.Tessa: Holy crap Lauren. That first book sounds insane. I glazed over it when I saw second, but they were bullies….CATNIP! I’ve never watched Waterboy.
Jean: As soon add I saw Lauren mention bully/victim, I thought TESSA!!!
- Bad Things (Tristan & Danika Book 1) by R.K. Lilley <— WE LOVE THIS BOOK ALERT!!! And Jan found it as a current freebie today! P.S. Here’s my review.
Jan: MARYSE! MARYSE! Shout this out to everyone – the first of RK Lilley’s Tristan and Danika series, ‘Bad Things’…
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis <— ONE OF MY LATEST ABSOLUTE FAVORITES & some of my book friends jumped in and LOVED it too!! AMY!!! LOOOK!!!!! We have great book taste. 😉 Er… YOU do. :D!!! P.S. Here’s my review in case you missed it.
Sally: Hey Maryse I JUST finished The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis and I just wanted to say you were SO RIGHT! It was excellent! It’s been such a LONG time since I read a YA and a much longer since I read one worthy of 5 Stars. It was so well written with an easy flow and stayed true to its characters. All these things are HUGE for me. Discussing it with my girls Lori and Tracie it seemed very reminiscent of S. Walden books Going Under and Interim which are STILL two of my favorite YA’s from a while back. It gave me the same FEELS and that says a lot! So THANK YOU my dear for finding us this GREAT one!
Lori: I’m still reading but loving so far
Tracie: Yesssss! Maryse you nailed this one girl. I devoured this one and so did Britton.
Britton: Yes it was brilliant. Loved it all. Her characters did stay true to the story and what a story it was.
Meghan: Seriously?! Do I need to dig into this one next? I NEED a good book.
Sally: YES! Meghan RUN!!
Britton: Yes run and read it.
Meghan: okay. I’m digging in tonight!
Sally: let me know what you think. So I can refrain from stalking you. …Ahhhhh that feeling you get when you’re book besties actually love the same book as you
Maryse: YAYAYYAYAYAY!!! This one was amazing, and I’m so glad you guys loved it too. *phew* Now I want to backtrack and see what else she’s written.
- Thursday Afternoon by Beth Rinyu <— LIVE!!! SHE’S AN ESCORT & TWO STRANGERS ENTER HER LIFE… one becomes her very best friend…. and… “Then there’s him. He’s my Thursday afternoon client. Just like all the others: handsome, rich and charming…yet so very different. Trying to overcome a painful past, he seeks out my services as a refuge, only to find that we’re opening our hearts to each other in ways that neither of us could’ve imagined. I could never fall in love with someone like him…until I did…“
- Running Hot (Hell Ryders MC Book 2) by J.L. Sheppard <— LIVE!! THE RICH GIRL & THE BIKER BOOK ALERT! “Tiffany Hamilton has never gotten over the bad boy with the sapphire eyes and midnight hair, the boy who once saved her. She wants him—a touch, a taste—but he’s never wanted anything to do with her. It’s past time to move on. When the sexy biker barges back into her life, saving her yet again and making demands, he makes it impossible to say no...”
- Whispers and the Roars by K. Webster <— DARK READ ALERT!!!! MichelleS just read this one!
MichelleS: I finished Whispers & Roars, Lisa’s pick for me. What a doozy that was! Glad I went in totally blind.
- Lip Locks & Blocked Shots: A Slapshot Novel (Slapshot Series Book 3) by Heather C. Myers <— LIVE!! HOCKEY STAR ALERT!! SHE’S TRYING TO REMAIN PROFESSIONAL “…She’s drawn to him like a moth to a flame but dating him isn’t allowed – no matter how badly her sister, Katella, tells her otherwise. Seraphina has been in love with him for a year and that isn’t going to change any time soon…”
- The Bed and Breakfast on the Beach: The perfect summer beach read of 2017 by Kat French <— LIVE!!! BEST FRIEND TRIP BUY A BED & BREAKFAST IN GREECE!!! “...when Winnie meets Jesse, their brooding neighbour, she finds that Greece is full of its own complications – not least how attractive he is… Meanwhile, Frankie and Stella are discovering that Villa Valentina has its own secrets – starting with the large supply of gin in the cellar and the arrival of a famous rock band…
- My Song for You: A Pushing Limits Novel by by Stina Lindenblatt <— ROCK STAR MEETS A BOY HE THINKS IS HIS SON ALERT!! Young and headed for rock-stardom, his girlfriend becomes pregnant but “gets rid of it” and he moves on into fame… but years later… “after Callie bumps into Jared while she’s grocery shopping with four-year-old Logan, there’s a spark that wasn’t there before. Jared quickly realizes that her deaf “son” is the same age his own child would have been. When Jared demands to know more about Logan, Callie panics…” (and it’s super-bargain priced today!)
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis <— I’m hearing this awesome book is also great as an audiobook!
Anna: I read this one a few months back. Went in blind except for a few friends strongly encouraging me to read it, and absolutely loved it. I felt like it addressed some important topics in interesting ways in addition to being a great read. I also recommend the audiobook version which is really well narrated by multiple narrators for those of you who enjoy listening to your books.
- Tycoon by Katy Evans <— RECENT RELEASE IS BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE EVERYONE IS LOVING IT!!! And they are loving the audiobook too!
Ashley: Tycoon by Katy Evans was SO good!!! I listened to it today and thoroughly enjoyed it. It kind of reminded me of her book Manwhore, but still different, so if you liked that one you’ll definitely like this one. (Only this one doesn’t end with a cliffhanger… I was very upset when that happened)
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- Make Me Stay: The Panic Series by Sidney Halston – June 27th 2017
Gina: Just finished an ARC of Make Me Stay by Sidney Halston. It’s the one after Pull Me Close that you recommend. This one was just as good (maybe better). I can’t say much without spoiling it. I’ll just say…amnesia.
- Easy Nights (The Boudreaux Series Book 6) by Kristen Proby – June 27th 2017
- The Sweetest Burn: A Paranormal Romance Novel (A Broken Destiny Novel) by Jeaniene Frost – June 27th 2017
- Exploited: A Zero Day Romance by A. Meredith Walters – June 27th 2017
- The Legend (Sons of Texas) by Donna Grant – June 27th 2017
- The Duchess: A Novel by Danielle Steel – June 27th 2017
- Lost Love (Cowboys and Angels Book 1) by Kelly Elliott – June 27th 2017
- All There Is (Juniper Hills Book 1) by Violet Duke – June 27th 2017
- The Impossible Vastness of Us by Samantha Young – June 27th 2017
- Dr. ER (St. Luke’s Docuseries Book 2) by Max Monroe – June 27th 2017
- Luca (Ruin & Revenge) by Sarah Castille – June 27th 2017
- Badlands (Sawbones) by Melissa Lenhardt – June 27th 2017
- Seven Stones to Stand or Fall: A Collection of Outlander Fiction by Diana Gabaldon – June 27th 2017
- The King by Skye Warren – June 27th 2017
- Hunted: An Eternal Guardians Novella by Elisabeth Naughton – June 29th 2017
- The Catch (The Player Duet Book 2) by K. Bromberg – June 29th 2017
- The Long Way Home (The One Series Book 1) by Jasinda Wilder – June 30th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASEShere (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).