Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations – March 16th 2018

by Maryse on March 16, 2018 · 85 comments

in eBook Deals

So many of our favorites snuck in over the last 24 hours, so I am considering this list a mini mega-book release day!!! It’s a bookxplosion!!!! :P

TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND :D !!

• What He Doesn’t Know (What He Doesn’t Know Duet Book 1) by Kandi Steiner <— KANDI STEINER’S LATEST ANGST-FEST JUST WENT LIVE!!! It’s the first book in a duet, but book #2 comes out this month too!! :D  Oooooh it sounds INTENSE!!!!!! I can’t figure out exactly where the blurb is leading me, but it sounds SO ANGSTY!! “...Inside its walls are many things that belong to me — my books, the china from my mother on my wedding day, the beautiful cage once home to two birds, now empty, just like me. And a man. A man who also belongs to me. A man I no longer wish to keep. A man who, no doubt, has not slept, though the sun is rising. Because the house where he waits is where I laid my head to rest every night for eight years. Until last night. No one who knows me would believe Charlie Pierce, the quiet, bookish girl who never made waves is pulling out of the driveway of a man who isn’t her husband. But they don’t know me at all…”
  • Glam Squad & Groomsmen (Enchanted Bridal Series) by Samantha Chase <— LIVE!!!
  • Crave (Blood & Breed Book 1) by Tabatha Vargo & Melissa Andrea <— LIVE!!!
  • Switch Hitter: a Jock Hard novella by Sara Nay <— SARA NEY ALERT!!! And now THIS one is live too!!!!! HOLY MOLY today is a mini mega-book release day!!! Twins… swapped… and he just clued in: “…I look harder. At the small dimple beneath her lip that wasn’t there the last time we went out. And her laugh—that laugh isn’t as loud. This isn’t the girl I’ve gone out with the past few weeks. It’s her twin sister, and they’ve switched places on me. Only I’m not quite ready to let them switch back…”
  • Tarnished Knight (Grimm’s Circle Book 4) by Shiloh Walker <— LIVE!!!
  • Cartel B!tch: Almanza Crime Family Duet by Chelsea Camaron <— LIVE!!!
  • Haunted: A Reverse Harem Fantasy Romance (The Academy of Spirits and Shadows Book 2) by C.M. Stunich <— LIVE!!!
  • Crazy Madly Deeply by Lily White <— LIVE!!! QUEEN OF DARK READS DECIDED TO GO CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE WITH THIS ONE. ;) Although this has its own unconventional love story depth that I know I can appreciate. People shun him.. and he sees things differently… “...I let them hurt him. I wasn’t strong enough to speak out. I hurt him, too, only to prove I wasn’t just like him. But then I saw him. I heard him. I learned why Holden wasn’t CRAZY like they said. I loved him MADLY. I fell for him DEEPLY. And alone, I decided to save a man who was the most beautiful of us all...”
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood Book 1) by Talia Hibbert  <— LIVE!!! SHE’S BAD NEWS… so they say. “...Ruth Kabbah is rude, awkward, and—according to everyone in town—bad news. Thing is, no-one will tell Evan why. Does she perform ritual sacrifices? Howl at the moon? Pour the milk before the tea? He has no clue. But he desperately wants to find out. Because Ruth doesn’t seem evil to him; she seems lonely. And funny, and clumsy, and secretly quite sweet, and really f*%king beautiful…
  • Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward <— FREE TO READ ON KINDLE UNLIMITED!!!! Yes ma’am… I sure did one-click. ;)
Celeste: I started Stuck-Up Suit today, and I’m loving it so far (at 45%), because as stuck up and pervy this guy is, these same traits are actually endearing on him. I’m a bit sad now reading a previous comment about it turning ‘high school’. Fingers crossed it ends well!
Nancy: OH! I just saw that 5 of Kim Holden’s Books are today on sale… I own Bright Side but never had the courage to read it! The 5 sale books… are: Bright Side, All of ItGus (Bright Side Book 2)Franco (Bright Side Book 3), and So Much More.

Cheryl: I read Bright Side a couple years ago and still my heart hurts just hearing about it.

Jean: I finished…..I’m broken on the inside, but it was just so beautiful. I loved every single character in Bright Side, but Kate…..well, she was inspiring and awesome and everyone should have someone like her in your life if possible! Her positivity was infectious with everyone she met! You couldn’t help but love her! Feeling like I have to move right onto Gus now because, well, ya know…. (BTW, I think I went through an entire box of tissues with this one)!

Amy: Gus is healing. Think of it as Bright Side in reverse. ;)

Nay: You NEED to read Gus. I loved it even more than Bright Side, probably *because* it was a ‘healing’ book. It was wonderful!

• Sweet Little Thing by Abbi Glines <— ABBI GLINES ALERT!!! Her latest IS. LIVE.“…Jasper Van Allan doesn’t know why his mother has hired a young gorgeous blonde to take care of the house and almost lets her go before he finds out the truth. Realizing there’s more to Beulah than a stunning face, he keeps finding reasons to be near her all the time. It’s all falling into place, it all begins to make sense . . . until the real lies, the dark secrets, and the skeletons come tumbling out of the Van Allan closet. Twisted truths that will send Beulah running...”
  • Seed (Evergreen Series Book 2) by Cassia Leo <— LIVE!!! CASSIA LEO’S LATEST (and must be read in order). “The explosive continuation of the Evergreen Series from New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo. The seeds of doubt have been planted…”
  • For Crosby by J. Nathan <— LIVE!! HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT!! “…Sabrina’s mind is made up. After encouraging Alabama’s star wide receiver to friend-zone her and pursue someone else, she’s determined to focus on herself and stop being everyone’s trusty sidekick and shoulder to cry on. But when she stumbles upon a naked hockey player tied to a tree in the middle of the night, Sabrina’s life is thrown upside down. Because when you leave someone tied to a tree, they eventually get free...”
  • Trickery (Curse of the Gods Book 1) by Jaymin Eve & Jane Washington <— After she super-angst, Tessa needed this re-read (P.S. I LOOOOOOVVVE THIS COVER!!):
Tessa: I started re-reading Trickery.  :DThe story makes me happy and is full of humor.
  • Limelight (NSB Book 4) by Alyson Santos <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE (and it CAN be read as a standalone)!! “...She destroyed my career. Ruined my life. Pushed me from the shadows and exposed my lies. She’s the fire that destroys lesser men, and now her flames are aimed at me. She loves to watch me burn, but the part we never saw coming?  Sometimes it takes a fire to ignite a spark And slay the darkness.” P.S. Here’s the series reading order.
  • The Wolf Lord (Ars Numina Book 3) by Ann Aguirre <— LIVE!!! SHIFTER ALERT!! “...Princess Thalia Talfayen may not have been raised by a witch in a tower, but she’s spent the last few decades locked up for a failed insurrection. Plotting and scheming come naturally to her; personal connections do not. Since she’s come this far in her unstoppable quest to claim the silver throne, she won’t hesitate to do whatever it takes to unite her people, even if that means giving herself to the big bad wolf…”
  • Furious Rush by S.C. Stephens <— S.C. STEPHENS ALERT!!! Tried and true ’cause Pia read it and it’s right up Pia’s (and probably OUR) alley!!
Pia: I just finished Furious Rush by S C Stephens and loved everything about that book. Just a little bit of angst, the slow burn between Hayden and Kenzie, and everything is just heading for the HEA. Until the last page and now my heart beats faster just thinking about starting book 2 Dangerous Rush. I have a very strong feeling where book 2 will take us, and I’m not sure I can handle that. I’m really nervous but sure I have to start it. I loved Thoughtless and it had a lot of angst too, so hopefully I will survive Dangerous Rush (Furious Rush Book 2) :-)
  • Sinner (Priest Book 3) by Sierra Simone <— SIERRA SIMONE’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! P.S. It CAN be read as a standalone however, here’s the series reading order if you’re hard-core like that. ;) “…They have words for men like me—playboy. Womanizer. Skirt chaser. My brother used to be a priest, and he only has one word for me. Sinner.”
  • Back To The Start Box Set: Five Full-Length Novels by Aly Martinez <— ALY MARTINEZ ALERT!!! I absolutely LOVE this author, and she’s bundled some of her best novels AND it’s on super-sale. “Back to the Start is a collection of chart-topping novels by USA Today bestselling author Aly Martinez. Each of the five full-length novels is a perfect starting point to dive into one of her sexy, emotional, and twisty worlds.”
  • Alexa O’Brien Huntress series by Trina M Lee <— ROBYN HAS SOME PARANORMAL/URBAN FANTASY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR US!

Robyn: I’m furiously rereading the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. I’m on book 8. Then, onto the Alpha and Omega books and finally Burn Bright (Alpha and Omega)! Busy weekend for me!!

Also, Coda (Alexa O’Brien Huntress Book 13), Alexa O’Brien Huntress book 13, by Trina M Lee came out today. I love this series so much. If you are into Vampires, wolves, Angels and twin flames this book has,it all. Plus, one kickass h and all her men. It’s like a reverse harem.

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
  1. White Knight by C.D. Reiss <— AUDIOBOOK JUST WENT LIVE!!
  2. The Dark Calling: The Arcana Chronicles, Book 6 by Kresley Cole <— AUDIOBOOK JUST WENT LIVE!!

PREORDERS (A few of next week’s!!! :D )

➔➔➔  Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Lisa M March 16, 2018 at 6:39 AM

Happy Friday!!!!! Just finished Adios Panatlones by J Sterling!! Loved it & the whole series!!! Ready for a new book not that there aren’t at least 100 on my tbr!!! I’m thinking Switch Hitter, Cartel Bitch, For Crosby or Furious Rush!! Counting the days for With This Man!!!!

Grey March 16, 2018 at 8:15 AM

*boom* it’s a Fri-yay glitter party up in here! God, bring on the weekend…and…shenanigans…all of them ;-)

Ela March 16, 2018 at 8:23 AM

Her Monster by Sam Crescent is live.

Ela March 16, 2018 at 8:35 AM

I’m confused about Sweet Little Thing just being published when on GR:
Published September 14th 2017 by Abbi Glines Publishing LLC

Ela March 16, 2018 at 8:41 AM

AND there are 2 sequels out as well.

bev March 16, 2018 at 8:47 AM

So have you all seen this Santino Hassell mess?
I have read and really liked 2 of his/her (?) books and have others in my tbr. I don’t think I can read them or buy more.
This is going to sound head in the sand,bit this is why I do not follow authors too closely. This is more than that, but I like it to be do I like the book or not?

Nay March 16, 2018 at 9:05 AM

Good morning! Happy Friday!

Will definitely be reading Kandi Steiner’s duet (I lurved A Love Letter to Whiskey and this sounds like my kind of angst!), and I can’t wait for With This Man, but for now, you couldn’t drag me out of Caldwell–just finished The Chosen (loved it!), and now it’s on to Blood Fury!

And speaking of J.R. Ward, for anyone who hasn’t seen, she has a new series about firefighters, and the first book, Consumed, is coming out on October 2!!

Ela March 16, 2018 at 9:09 AM
bev March 16, 2018 at 9:23 AM

I had seen things, but never looked into it. Hard to miss now. But at the time I thought it was mostly people just wanting him to release a picture or his real name. Honestly, if people want to keep that private I am 100% ok with it. But the other stuff ….
Oh that publisher mentioned just got removed too.

Nay March 16, 2018 at 9:26 AM

I had never heard of that author, but WOW!

Nay March 16, 2018 at 9:31 AM

bev–I purposely try not to follow authors too closely either. I’ve already deleted a couple from my GR books/reviews and I’d rather be blissfully unaware if at all possible (although something like what this author may have done is hard to ignore). I get enough real life in my own home–I read to live the fantasy!!

Maryse March 16, 2018 at 9:46 AM

Ela I think it’s because it was only ever available on iBooks. Either that, or it was in an anthology but if I remember right, it’s because it was at one time an ibooks exclusive.

Maryse March 16, 2018 at 9:50 AM

I get you Nay and bev.

There was a time when I knew nothing about the actual authors or personal lives, or their political stances, and … well, I even knew nothing about “publishers”. All I knew was that if the synopsis on the back of the book got me, I’d read it… and over time I had my favorites.

But “who” they were was never something I sought out. I just read… blissfully unaware of anything but the story being told. ;)

Maryse March 16, 2018 at 9:51 AM

That said… it’s fun to get the “behind the scenes” look into the mind behind our favorite books… inspirations, real-life examples etc.

Lisa Aiello March 16, 2018 at 9:57 AM

Ahhh – I was able to finish my Kim Holden collection…squeeee!!! And Kandi Steiner angst is like crack to me, so those are on the TBR!!! Now to finish off Transcend by Jewel Ann…and back to complete my March Pick For Me Book (Life of Anna) and All Time Favorite Book (Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma)….then like 40 ARCs that are waiting for me. This reading thing ain’t for sissies!!!

Jean March 16, 2018 at 10:02 AM

Good morning! I HAD to 1- click What He Doesn’t Know!!! I’m intrigued!

And of course Limelight because you guys know how much I love that series!

I loved Furious Rush even with the damn cliffy! I don’t know why i haven’t read the 2nd book yet! It got buried in my 1900 downloaded books! Thanks for the reminder!

Now I have to go check out this Santino thingy…..

Nay March 16, 2018 at 11:11 AM

Hmmm, I REALLY want to read What He Doesn’t Know. I’m reading it has all kinds of angst. I may have to take a small detour from BDB…

Maryse–that 2nd Of Love and Madness book wore me out, but I loved it SO much. It was my favorite of the 3 and will definitely be one of my top 5 books of the year.

MichelleS March 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM

Bev – had not heard of that controversy, but now that I know, I’ll strike that author from my list. Hadn’t read anything anyway, but no one likes a mean, bully troll. Authors, in particular. Use your gift for words for good, not harm.

MichelleS March 16, 2018 at 12:29 PM

I finished Ink. 3.75 stars? Nothing wrong with it, just didn’t offer anything different. No real angst. No real drama. Just slow burn opposites attract. There were some minor plot elements unresolved. Why put them in then never address it? Don’t get that.

bev March 16, 2018 at 2:06 PM

Exactly. Some things you can’t ignore. But some things I just don’t need to know.

Grey March 16, 2018 at 5:05 PM

I knew about the SH thing… only because of our girl R. She enlightened me, because I hadn’t heard anything about it. I’m kind of oblivious sometimes. I know…shocker. *giggle*

I’m crazy busy this weekend, it’s show weekend for my daughter’s musical… I miss you all. SOOO much. I need to breathe… it’s been go go go go go…. and mama needs a break, LOL! and a book… that’s on the agenda ….

Sharon F March 16, 2018 at 5:16 PM

Buddy book read . . . Of Love and Madness!!!!! I’m reading book 1 and I can just feel the angst building.

Happy Friday everyone!

Cheryl March 16, 2018 at 5:33 PM

Interesting Bev. Why someone would be so stupid.

Jean- With Furious Rush, does the story conclude with book 2 or will there be a 3rd book?

Trying to stick to KU books, so Switch Hitter seems like a quick read before I go out tonight. :)

Tessa March 16, 2018 at 6:08 PM

I think Fabi is the one that loved his work. :( That’s too bad. I don’t normally want to know unless someone actions are so horrendous I couldn’t stand that person irl. (Criminal extremes, not personality sucks)

bev March 16, 2018 at 7:44 PM

I thought of Fabi too. Sucks.

Happier note I am having Oreo peeps flavor tonight.
I think they are purple inside.
Woot!

Linda March 16, 2018 at 7:47 PM

Just finished Of Love and Madness trilogy. Billy and Katie and Joey. Snotty crying right now. *****

bev March 16, 2018 at 11:24 PM

I hope everyone has a little luck tomorrow.

Love, Simon is getting some solid reviews. Hope to see it soon.

Grey March 17, 2018 at 11:08 AM

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, girls!! *spreading a little luck ‘o the Irish glitter and confetti* no green beer here… I’m thinking a nap. and then my girlie’s last show. I want to read Sierra Simone’s new one… but I’m still on the no book ban and it isn’t KU… so I’ve gotta wait on that one…Hope everyone is having good luck today!

Tessa March 17, 2018 at 11:18 AM

Happy St. Patty’s Day! Um, for tonight I have wine? lol

Oh, AMY! You were right; I did love All the Stars in the Sky. Though, if someone who was sick had died… Also, the second book of the spin-off is out.

Maryse March 17, 2018 at 12:22 PM

Happy St. Paddy’s day!!!! I wish I had irish food to make. I was too lazy to do the groceries. So I got chicken. *hrmph*

Maryse March 17, 2018 at 12:23 PM

I love the green glitter and shamrocks Grey!!! Oh!! Oh… I was almost excited and thought I could eat Lucky Charms cereal for supper. But I already ate it all.

*sigh*

bev March 17, 2018 at 2:17 PM

I have to stop being lazy and go buy some. I went last night but the store was out.

Cheryl March 17, 2018 at 3:09 PM

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Think we’re having chinese tonight. Maybe that goes with green beer?!! ;)

I read Switch Hitter. Quick novella. Wished that it was “more.” However, did see that the author is starting a new series that will have these MC’s in it.

R. Renee March 17, 2018 at 5:11 PM

I’m supposed to see Simon tomorrow but I’m nursing a sprained foot and can barely walk. :-/

bev March 17, 2018 at 5:28 PM

Probably the week after next for me.
I wonder if MichelleS will go see it.
Now that the movie is out I will give up my campaign on Amy and Maryse.
Sigh in relief ladies. Sigh in relief.
Lol.

bev March 17, 2018 at 5:30 PM

R, just rest it. Good time to read or…..have you watched a Kdrama?

Kooloo March 17, 2018 at 5:33 PM
R. Renee March 17, 2018 at 5:33 PM

I’m in bed reading. I haven’t watched anything in so long I don’t know how to work our TV! I’m going against my norm and reading Matchmaker’s Playbook because Nick Bateman. <3

Kooloo March 17, 2018 at 5:34 PM

wait this trailer is better…

bev March 17, 2018 at 6:08 PM

Kooloo, the book is WONDERFUL.

bev March 17, 2018 at 6:18 PM

R, I read that as Jason Bateman, which I totally get. I love his humor….his timing and delivery.

Who needs a tv? Just a phone/tablet and an app. Then you have Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Taiwanese dramas at your finger tips.

There is one at the end of the month that I really want to watch and I am afraid Netflix picked it up. Then I wouldn’t be able to watch it for long while.
Anyway I love the trailers even though I do not understand the voice overs and all they are doing is walking down the street.

Watch it and tell me if I’m crazy.

bev March 17, 2018 at 6:20 PM

Trailer:

Yes, older woman. I very rarely am into this trope but loved I Can Hear Your Voice.

Maryse March 17, 2018 at 6:39 PM

ugh nope. I’m out.

Book #2 about halfway through and I can not. I won’t.

Amy IS my book twin, because I just think I hit her hard limit and it is mine too.

It’s the reason I stopped reading the “Consequences” series.

Maryse March 17, 2018 at 6:40 PM

AMY???? AMYYYYYYYYY!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?! I NEED YOU. Did I just get there?

Tessa March 17, 2018 at 6:44 PM

What book?

bev March 17, 2018 at 6:48 PM

Can we just say what Amy’s Is? Cause I’m curious now. I didn’t realize it was yours too.

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!!
WARNING WILL ROBINSON WARNING!
I MEAN IT
BEWARE.
SHARK IN THE WATER.

I AM SAYING IT

LAST CHANCE

The hero cheating.

Maryse March 17, 2018 at 7:01 PM

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!!
WARNING WILL ROBINSON WARNING!
I MEAN IT
BEWARE.
SHARK IN THE WATER.

I AM SAYING IT

LAST CHANCE

a man… physically abusing and/or taking a woman against her will. ANY man, but in this hard-limit is especially one that she trusted with her whole life.

All of that. And all that it encompasses. The betrayal.

Maryse March 17, 2018 at 7:02 PM

*snuggles Tessa*

I dont wanna say. :(

I’m sad.

Maryse March 17, 2018 at 7:03 PM

*snuggles bev even as she huffs and puffs out of the snuggle*

Share some k-drama with me? :)

MichelleS March 17, 2018 at 7:26 PM

What? What? I’m lost! What movie am I going to see? And whatnook hit hard limits? Life of Anna? Oh yeah. Definitely, if that’s the one.

bev March 17, 2018 at 7:35 PM

Maryse I’d love it if you’d watch some k dramas. Love it.

And yes me and hugs:

Tessa March 17, 2018 at 7:38 PM

*snuggles with Maryse* I’m sorry it was such a fail. Stupid book!

bev March 17, 2018 at 7:46 PM

MichelleS, the Simon movie. Good reviews so far.

Maryse March 17, 2018 at 7:51 PM

LOL!!!!!

*ducks from bev’s sword of hug-hate fury*

That was actually VERY good. Is that what I have to look forward to in K-drama? Excellent production, quite funny…

“I’m old. Not as wise as I am old.”

“You’re just tall.”

*snort*

Kooloo March 17, 2018 at 9:08 PM

ya stupid book! *kicks said book under the bed to lay with the bunnies*

*whispers to Tessa* ummmm so what book did I just kick?

Kooloo March 17, 2018 at 9:14 PM

ooooo bev
I think I’ll start watching that show next

Kooloo March 17, 2018 at 9:18 PM

Just finished watching Annihilation with what’s her face from Beautiful Girls and the Black Swan…. it was meh

I freakin lurved Red Sparrow with what’s her face from Hunger Games

bev March 17, 2018 at 9:57 PM

Maryse, I’m still new to them , but for the most part yes. Though Goblin was pretty cinematic. The look of almost every frame was just beautiful.

Kooloo, how is Healer treating you?

I really liked this one too. Though not the high Healer gave me. Lol.

bev March 17, 2018 at 9:58 PM

Oh, and Goblin was my perfect winter watch. Funny but also a bit melancholy.
And….you know…Gong Yoo.

Tessa March 17, 2018 at 10:32 PM

Kooloo, I don’t know but I think it was the one Amy read a spoiler and was telling everyone nope. I could be very wrong.

Kooloo March 17, 2018 at 11:38 PM

I love love love Healer – telling everyone to watch it!!!
OMG I was even telling some of the girls at my nail salon about it — even though they are all Vietnamese they still watch K-dramas lol
I played the clip of the dad and daughter singing and dancing in the coffee shop and they were sold
*whispers I got you more followers of the K-D*

YAYYYYYYYY

Maryse March 18, 2018 at 7:52 AM

It was that one, Tessa. The rock star trilogy that I reviewed #1 on, last week and now I was reading #2.

bev March 18, 2018 at 8:12 AM

Kooloo I love that.

Now we will slowly work on Maryse. ;)

I woke up early and am back in the Courtyard. Yay.

I was completely lazy yesterday so maybe do corned beef today.

bev March 18, 2018 at 8:14 AM

In Healer I also liked the actor who played Kim Moon-ho. I like it when they can tell you so much with just a look.

Grey March 18, 2018 at 8:38 AM

*What book, Maryse?*

So confused!

But, but, but, thing shoul slow down now
.. sorta! The musical is over and other than my oldest having a big birthday on Tuesday.. I’m going to so nada but read today!!

Maryse March 18, 2018 at 9:40 AM

Grey…

“We All Fall Down” is the one that had me throwing my Kindle.

First is “At This Moment”.

ROAR!!!!!

bev March 18, 2018 at 10:43 AM

Tessa.

“want cukkies.”

Lol.

MichelleS March 18, 2018 at 11:42 AM

Ermahgerd!!!! There’s a Simon movie?!?!? I don’t go to theaters (noise, people, yuck), but I will definitely watch it on DVD! Yay.

bev March 18, 2018 at 12:33 PM

Tessa! Skippy is going to make me cry.

MichelleS, Kooloo linked some trailers up there. Casting looks good, especially Simon.

Tessa March 18, 2018 at 12:36 PM

:) Cukkies are important. And I adore Skippy. He’s my favorite.

Kooloo March 18, 2018 at 1:17 PM

OH BOY I just fished Author Anonymous by EK Blair.
This is one of those Love to hate it – Hate to love it types for me for sure!!!

Also, the hype around it being a “true story” was unnecessary me thinks.

Do NOT want to give anything away as the book should be read going in blind (deaf and dumb for some part….. kidding!) :)

In the end, the character that felt most real to me was the best friend and so it is to Brooke and the superb writing of Blair that I give it 4 stars.

Thanks Leslie for the ATF Challenge rec and for pushing me out of my comfort zone!

Now I need a real/fake love story STAT!!!!! lol

Kooloo March 18, 2018 at 1:31 PM

Does the Pebble Jar count LISA as a HEA
or is a rip your heart out…

*toes the ground and sniffles* cause I don’t know if I can handle another one of those so soon

R. Renee March 18, 2018 at 1:32 PM

Kooloo it’s well earned HEA. LOVED it!!

Grey March 18, 2018 at 2:05 PM

Trying to decide what to read next. Caveats… has to be one I already own… or KU. LOL. I’m laid up. (keep your minds out of the gutter…) I sneezed and my back is no bueno… so I’m spending some QT with my heating pad and my kindle. ho hum…

Kooloo March 18, 2018 at 2:35 PM

Oh no Grey!!! Naproxen 500mg TID and Magnesium Glycinate 400mg BID are your friends!

bev March 18, 2018 at 2:37 PM

Ouch. Hate back pain.
There is also lending if you can think of one we might have that is lendable.

Kooloo March 18, 2018 at 2:52 PM

Calling ALL Audible Romance Package Members!!!
Making Faces by Amy Harmon is free right now and the narrator
(R Shapiro) is close to perfect!!!!

This book WAS Perfection and definitely made my WDIWSL
(why did wait so long) to read this AMAZZZING BOOK!!!!!!

WHY MARYSE WHY lol

Amy Harmon’s writing is like a blam for the soul…

this is MY “MUST BE READ BOOK ON MARYSE’S BLOG”!!!

bev March 18, 2018 at 4:05 PM

Finished. My one complaint would be too much Jimmy and the Montgomery family. I hated being in his head.

bev March 18, 2018 at 5:05 PM

Now what book next.

Keep some of that momentum.

Maryse March 19, 2018 at 8:41 AM

Kooloo I agree. Amy Harmon is fantastic!!!!!

Maryse March 19, 2018 at 8:42 AM

P.S. I love that we have our own pharmacist. :D !!!

Maryse March 19, 2018 at 8:43 AM

My question… is Simon (the movie) the same Simon bev adores? Oreo-cookie loving Simon? Or is that just a coincidence?

R. Renee March 19, 2018 at 9:03 AM

It is Maryse!

Maryse March 19, 2018 at 10:32 AM

Oh YAY!!!!! How cool is bev??!

bev March 19, 2018 at 7:12 PM

I know I am very cool. LOL.

That book is so good.