Happy Friday!!!!!! YAYYYYY FRIDAY!!!! How I love this day, every single time it comes around (and its partners, Saturday & Sunday too!) 😛 And I also love this list, each and every week, ’cause it’s loaded in tried-and-true reader recommendations.
P.S. I’ll be adding more throughout the day as bargains are found, or anything new goes live, so if you see one for today’s list, let me know.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Disturbing His Peace: The Academy by Tessa Bailey <— HOT MOODY COP ALERT & MY OWN UPDATE!!! Tessa Bailey’s “Disturbing His Peace” – this hero is the bossiest, most obnoxious, jealous, demanding, and possessive alpha-male I’ve read in AGES. And the most convincing. I wanna hate him because… I. AM. APPALLED. Ohhhhhh THE NERVE of him!!! AND YET I AM SO INTO HIM!!!!!! Tee hee. I can’t stop highlighting!!! P.S. And yet he is so SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! Oh he makes me *swooooooon*
Marina: It’s been this slow tease reading about Danika and the Lieutenant and I NEED to know what happens with them!!! So excited to read. It’s been a great book roll.
- Arrogant Devil by R.S. Grey <— R.S. GREY ALERT!! LIVE & SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!! Dismal first impressions… 😉 “...When I show up on the doorstep of Blue Stone Ranch, I’m run-down and rockin’ my last pair of underwear. I’m hoping for a savior, but instead, I find him. My opinion of Jack is marred by a dismal first impression, but his opinion of me is tainted even before I arrive. He’s heard I’m a spoiled princess there to take advantage of his goodwill. To him, I’m more trouble than I’m worth…”
Jen C: …utterly adored the two main characters. Funny and entertaining as I now expect from Rachel but had some deeper things going on to really give the book a bit of heart.
- Bad at Love: A Standalone Friends-to-Lovers Romance by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE ALERT! TRACIE WANTS MORE LIKE THIS ONE!!
Tracie: I just finished “Bad at Love” by Karina Halle and would love to know if you have a list of other books or recommendations of books where they start as “just friends” first??
- Butler’s Woman (Chaos Bleeds Book 11) by Sam Crescent <— LIVE!!!
- The Girl Behind the Red Door by Cassie Graham <— LIVE!!!
- His Royal Hotness by Virna DePaul <— LIVE!!!
- Comatose by Catherine Black <— AMAZING RANDOM “try it” & Ashley was totally into this one!
Ashley: I just finished Comatose by Catherine Black and it was amazing! I got it on sale on amazon and thought ‘I’ll try it.’ Sometimes those are the best finds!
- Knotted (Trails of Sin Book 1) by Pam Godwin <— Brandi 4.5 star loved this one!
Brandi: Pam Godwin has a new series the first was released on 5/1 “Knotted” I love her dark style of writing and this one was tragic, full of angst as well as dark but a beautiful love story. I could not put it down a 4.5 star for me only because I can’t wait for the next book! (Note: this is a complete standalone but will continue the storyline in the next book)
Victoria: I read Knotted by Pam Godwin yesterday and it’s quite stressful, but I couldn’t put it down. LoL! Great angst, bossy hero and strong heroine. I’m looking forward to the next two books! 🙂
- The Greatest Risk (The Honey Series) by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY ALERT!! We have feedback ’cause Robyn LOVED it!
Robyn: finished KA’s The Greatest Risk. I love Steffan And Sixx. This book was the best in the series. I live in Phoenix and I want to know if these places KA talks about in her books are real. Did she go to them to do research? I could do some research with her. Hehe
- The King’s Innocent Bride by Alexa Riley <— ALEXA RILEY’S LATEST JUST WENT LIVE!!! “…When a trespasser is brought before him, he isn’t prepared for what happens next. He’s ready to stake his claim and take what he wants. He’s the king, after all...”
Lauren: Their books are such guilty pleasures…..
- Kingdom of Ruin (The Three Kingdoms Book 1) by Bianca McKay <— Amy R. recommends this one (and she tried it despite the lack of reviews and was blown away)!
Amy R: I have a recommendation for a book I think you would like. I’m not exactly sure how to do that so I figured I would send you a message. I literally stumbled across this book. It literally had no stars and no reviews. I thought what the heck I’ll try it. I was honestly blown away. The main hero is kind of a jerk. Not a lot of sex (I think there was only one scene and it was tame). It’s part of a series and I believe each book will follow a new couple…. at least that’s how it seems in the last chapter (b/c omg I can’t wait to read about that couple). The book is called Kingdom of Ruin (The Three Kingdoms) by Bianca McKay.
- Ride by Harper Dallas <— ANSGT ALERT!! Kathy has a bunch to recommend! Like THIS one!
Kathy: Thank you to the person who recommended Ride. I love it!! If you like sports romances, I just finished Catching Caden (The Perfect Game Series) and Benching Brady (The Perfect Game Series) by Samantha Christy. They both were really good and I definitely recommend them. R: I just finished Kandace’s rec, Ride by Harper Dallas, and I second it! Great debut! … It’s about a broody mega-star broken snowboarder… marina: Reading and really liking Ride. Very angsty.
- Transcend (The Transcend Duet Book 1) by Jewel E. Ann <— 5-STAR AWESOMENESS IS BACK on the list ’cause Kiblee and Joy just discovered (and went CRAZY) for it too!
Kiblee: I’ve been following maryse’s blog for several years. It’s my go to when I’m so for something to read. I saw the posts about Jewel Ann’s Transend. This book is amazing!!! I could not put it down until I was finished. I’ve got Epoch loaded up and ready to read, but I had to Say something about it first. I enjoyed it that much. I love supernatural, Urban fantasy type books. Not your typical romance stories. I was looking for my next read and this one caught my eye as Maryse’s Aprin favorite. It wasn’t exactly what I was looking for, but was the premise was intriguing. I am so glad I gave it a chance! I laughed, I cried, and I could not put it down. I will definitely be looking at other books by jewel Ann.
Joy: Just finished Transcend!!! That book is AMAZING. Head over heels in love with Griff and Nate! I wanna hurt Dougly, so bad (grrr). My mind is fried. The cliffhange… I had to read it 3 times (mouth gaping). I won’t sleep tonight and only slept 3 hours last night because Ievery time I told myself that I would go to bed, I’d lay there thinking about the book and would start reading again. I had to force myself to put my iPad away. Then I dreamed about the book. I’m in for a long night of coffe with Bailey’s Irish Cream, my Snoopy blanket, my new bamboo pillow and Epoch!
- Off Balance series by Lucia Franco <— FORBIDDEN LOVE/TABOOOOOOOO ALERT!! Back on the list ’cause Donna jumped in and loved it, too!!
Donna: Hi Maryse! After Robyn had so much excitement about the Off Balance Series by Lucia Franco I had to dive in. WOW!!! Absolutely a trainwreck that I could not put down. I think Book 2 may have even been better than Book 1 for me. I am seriously questioning my morals at this point because I am somehow hoping they can find a way to be together. I think? But it’s wrong…right? My emotions are all over the place with this series. Cannot wait for Book 3 to find out where the author is taking me on this crazy dramatic ride!
- On A Crazy Idea: A Best Friends To Lovers Story by Stephanie Witter <— LIVE!!! SHE WANTS A BABY… “...asking my best friend, Brock Lowe, To be my wingman seemed like a safe bet. After all, I wasn’t looking to bed a serial killer. But, it turned out Brock had a plan of his own...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (A few of next week’s!!! )
- How To Marry A Werewolf: A Claw & Courtship Novella by Gail Carrier – May 13th 2018
- Tacet a Mortuis (The Elite King’s Club Book 3) – May 14th 2018
- Planet Dragos: A Novella of the Elder Races by Thea Harrison – May 14th 2018
- Power Player: Anti-Hero Game: Power Chain Book Two by Ryan Michele – May 15th 2018
- How to Walk Away: A Novel by Katherine Center – May 15th 2018
- Unlit (A Kingdoms of Earth & Air Novel Book 1) by Keri Arthur – May 15th 2018
- Guilty Sin (ALFA Investigations Book 4) by Chelle Bliss – May 15th 2018
- Vanilla & Vice (Empire Sevens Book 1) by Tabatha Vargo & Melissa Andrea – May 15th 2018
- Harvest Song (Otherworld Book 20) by Yasmine Galenorn – May 15th 2018
- Another One (Lighter Ones Book 2) by Aleatha Romig – May 15th 2018
- The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll – May 15th 2018
- War Storm: 4 (Red Queen) by Victoria Aveyard – May 15th 2018
- The Cast: A Novel by Danielle Steel – May 15th 2018
- Three Secrets: An utterly gripping psychological suspense thriller by Clare Boyd – May 17th 2018