Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations – May 18th 2018

by Maryse on May 18, 2018 · 45 comments

in eBook Deals

SUNDAY NIGHT UPDATE!! THEY JUST RESET THE SUPER-DEAL!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!! IT’S STILL ON!!  eek I interrupt this wonderful Royal Wedding morning with this BREAKING NEWS!! The Idea of You: A Novel is SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED RIGHT NOW. This is the book that has made SO many in our book crew, GO CRAZY with swoon, and angst and LOVE!!! I ONE-CLICKED IT SO HARD!

R: The Idea of You, Maryse! Really well done and addictive! I couldn’t put it down…unless you count the times I threw it down, and by “down” I mean into my wall where there’s now a slight dent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Suzi: Just one clicked. I’ve heard so much about this one.

Carina: Get ready to think about it for the next 5 months after reading it :D

ANOTHER SUPER-SALE ALERT!! THE WIFE BETWEEN US <—- Deal is done. (per yesterday: Annnnnnnnnnd I JUST ONE-CLICKED this one so hard too!!!! I’ve had my eye on it (sounds like a psych-thriller that’s right up my alley) and now it’s mine!!! :D !!!! YAY MEEEEE!!! ➔➔➔➔

Lisa: definitely a twisty turny kind of book. …Can’t wait to see what you guys think when you read it!!!

Stacey: The Wife Between Us on Audible…5++++ stars!

<— HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! First!!! Congratulations to our very own Tasha and her new sweet baby, Jasper. He’s our very first blog baby (he’s a real baby too!!) and we’re thrilled. :D !!!! I wanna snuggle him!

And second, I’ve compiled our latest Friday Finds list and we found some GREAT looking new releases and reader recommendations!! I’ll be adding more throughout the day (in case more go live or more recommendations come my way), so let me know if you see any that I should add.

P.S. What am I reading next? Gah!!! I dunno. I want to read either, Getaway Girl by Tessa Bailey (since I’m a HUGE fan of hers), or the Jack & Jill series by Jewel E Ann (since I’m a HUGE fan of hers), or Keep Her Safe by K.A. Tucker (’cause I’m a HUGE fan of hers and supposedly this has an incredible jaw-dropping twist/reveal and I LOVE that), or Karina Halle’s latest, The Wild Heir: A Royal Standalone Romanceup there to the left ’cause 1.) I’m a HUGE fan of hers and 2.) it’s the Royal Wedding this weekend and I want indulge in Royal love!!! No matter what, though, I have and AWESOME reading weekend ahead of me.

TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND :D !!

• The Wild Heir: A Royal Standalone Romance by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE ALERT!!! OMG THIS LOOKS AMAZING and  IS. LIVE!! Royal arranged marriage… ;) “…I’m Crown Prince Magnus of Norway and my latest scandal just landed my entire royal family in hot water. Now the only way the monarchy can save face is for me to smarten up – publicly. If I don’t, I’ll no longer be heir apparent to the throne. So it’s either I abdicate my future role as King or…  I get married. To a blue-blooded stranger. Enter Princess Isabella of the tiny country of Liechtenstein. Quiet, intelligent, and uniquely beautiful, Ella doesn’t like this arrangement any more than I do and she’s not afraid to show it...”

Teri: I 1-clicked just as fast as I could! I can’t wait… Karina, koffee & kittie in lap :)

Linda: 1- clicked this little precious fast too!! Love Karina. Rainy evening read!!! Cannot wait!!!

• Piece of Work by Staci Hart <— STACI HART’S LATEST IS LIVE TOO!!! Her new boss is a piece of work, and NOT in the good sense… and maybe also in the good sense. ;) “…My cocky boss thinks this internship was wasted on me, and he doesn’t hesitate to let me know. But he’s wrong, and I’m going to prove it to him. If I can stay away from his devil lips, that is. Lips that cut me down and kiss me in the same breath, leaving me certain he’s on a mission to ruin my life. And maybe my heart, too.”
  • The Chronicles of St Mary’s series by Jodi Taylor <— Mary recommends this one!
Maryse: Have you read the Jodi Taylor Time Travel series “The Chronicles of St. Mary’s“? It’s hysterical.
  • Chef Sugarlips (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies Book 1) by Tawna Fenske <— LIVE!! SEXY CHEF ALERT!!!…the last thing she needs is an extra serving of love drama. So what is it about the stupid-sexy chef that gets her desires bubbling like a pot of hot spaghetti? Keeping their distance is tough enough before Sean and Amber get tossed together by wacky weddings, lingerie mishaps, and a surly three-legged cat. When Sean’s mom shows up to dish out huge helpings of family drama, a big secret threatens to spread faster than a kitchen fire...”
  • Fury by Cat Porter <—- CAT PORTER ALERT!! Nancy found us this super-bargain!!

Nancy: This novel is a standalone and a spinoff of the Lock & Key series!

Kandace: Fury by Cat Porter was really good too. I love her books.

Ellen: t was an EPIC, 5 star read for me!! It’s a spin-off of the amazing Lock & Key MC series but stands on its own. Highly recommend

• Better Than This by C.G. Coppola <— LIVE!!! EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT HIS SKETCHBOOK & SHE WANTS TO FORGET... “…Autumn just wants to get through it. She needs to maintain her grades to keep her terrible Aunt Milly from moving back in, but working with Alex might be impossible since they have to pretend to be a couple for their assignment. Forced to put their past on hold, the two focus on their fictitious relationship until the lines between real and fake get blurred, and they discover there might be some truth to the façade...”
  • Bad Romeo (The Starcrossed Series Book 1) by Leisa Rayven <— R is reading a slightly oldie-bout MUCH LOVED goody!

R: I’m loving this book so hard. My life would be so much easier if you guys would just show up and hold me down when you tell me to read a book instead of letting me “get around to it.”

Tessa: Okay, I think I finished my “why didn’t I read this book sooner” book of the year. Bad Romeo. OMG! It was so good, and now I have to get Broken Juliet.

Amy: The feels from Bad Romeo and Broken Juliet, with the deliciously combined angsts of the past and the present, both unfolding perfectly and simultaneously. *sigh* THIS is why I read.

Tasha: I’m almost done w/The Perfect Mother and I am loooving it. Totally, finally, gave me the same feels as Big Little Lies and that book is one of my all time faves!
Jen C: Still reading Act Like It (and LOVING IT. 70% in. So good. The banter! Aaah hoping to finish it tonight.)
  • The Roots of Us by Candace Knoebel <— LIVE!! SOUNDS SO ANGSTY AND YUMMY!!! “…The first time I saw Hudson Jameson, he was saving someone’s life. The second time, he was ruining mine. It was only supposed to be a vacation. A chance to let the Florida sun burn away the residue left behind from my failed relationships. I wasn’t searching for love. I was on a hiatus from men, especially ones with secrets. Except Hudson had the gaze of a man drowning in his own miseries, and I was a sucker for the damaged souls…
  • Impossible Bachelor (Bachelor Tower Series, Book 2) by Ruth Cardello <— LIVE!!! “...From our very first meeting it’s obvious the Bachelor Tower’s newest female addition doesn’t think I’m her type. When I’m asked to distract her from the politics of the building, she tells me I have no chance with her. Proving her wrong will be fun and might just take us to the brink of love.  I ask her to trust me, but I’m not prepared for what she shares when she does…”
  • Beneath Your Beautiful (The Beautiful Series Book 1) by Emery Rose <— LIVE!! SHE FELL FOR THE TATTOOED BAR OWNER…All I wanted was a fresh start in a new city…and a bartending job. I never intended to fall for the sexy, tattooed bar owner. Dark. Brooding. Emotionally unavailable. But Killian Vincent is a challenge I can’t seem to walk away from. He’s afraid that if I dig too deep, I won’t like what I find. But he’s wrong, and I’m determined to prove it...”
  • Getaway Girl by Tessa Bailey <— ONE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS & I think i’m reading this one next!!

Sharon: While we are fangirling on Tessa Bailey, PLEASE check out Getaway Girl. I swear I think it’s going on my all-time top 10 CRs. Love it, love it, love it. Doing a quick re-read of that one right now…

Lisafrom DFW: Maryse, did you read Tessa Bailey’s Getaway Girl? I really liked it!!!!!! I know you are a Tessa Bailey fan!

marina: Hi Maryse, I’m on Getaway Girl! Love Tessa Bailey!! It is a bit different than her others so far right?

• Chaos (Constellation Book 2) by Jennifer Locklear <— LIVE!!! “…On the surface, advertising executive Jack Evans has it all. Blessed with striking good looks, a thriving career, a stylish wife, and an adoring daughter, he’s still struggling with personal turmoil. And when his wife abruptly leaves, it’s up to Jack to care for his child alone while picking up the pieces of his broken past. While doing so, Jack is drawn to the up-and-coming executive, Kathleen Brighton...”
  • Three Secrets: An utterly gripping psychological suspense thriller by Clare Boyd
  • Unlocked by Casey L. Bond
  • Miss February (The Calendar Girl Duet Book 1) by Karen Cimms <— KAREN CIMMS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! Author of the super-angsty “Of Love and Madness” trilogy!! She’s the hottest bartender that ever man wants but… “...The reality is much different. What lies below the buffed and glossed exterior is the bartender who teeters in four-inch heels, tapping kegs, pouring shots, and flirting for bigger tips; the scared fifteen-year-old who lost the most important man in her life; the girl whose mother checked out when she needed her most; the teenager who partied hard, ended up pregnant, and dropped out of school; the single mother who works multiple jobs to support herself and her daughter. Even her boyfriend sees her as an accessory—something pretty to keep on a shelf until he wants to take her down and show her off. But then Chase Holgate walks into Blondie’s, and from the first time he looks into Rain’s eyes, she knows he can see her...” P.S. The next in the series is coming out in just a few days!!!

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

PREORDERS (A few of next week’s!!! :D )

Grey May 18, 2018 at 5:40 AM

*tosses blue bubble gum cigars and sparkles* Hey, hey, it’s almost the weekend!!

Maryse May 18, 2018 at 6:03 AM

Oooooh bubble gum cigars!!!!! I love those.

*chomps on a piece between coffee sips*

bev May 18, 2018 at 7:13 AM

“He’s a real baby too” LOL.

Somehow that says so much about us here.

Nay May 18, 2018 at 7:27 AM

Good morning! Happy Friday!

Leslie M May 18, 2018 at 7:40 AM

Happy Friday and celebrate new blog baby day!!

Thank goodness Tasha had a “real baby”. That would have been weird of she gave birth to one of Maryse’s cabbage patch dolls! ;)

I love the cover and silly title of Chef Sugarlips.

bev May 18, 2018 at 7:50 AM

Leslie your terrifying. Now imagining Chucky.

bev May 18, 2018 at 7:51 AM
Tasha J May 18, 2018 at 8:11 AM

Hahaha, omg Bev, that picture is hilarious! He looks nothing like that btw, lol, but you guys can picture whoever you’d like! ;) I think I get to go home soon! I’m sooo tired and I’m not sure if I actually slept last night. I think I had some bizarre lucid dreams full of babies and kids and rooms full of ppl that left me very unrested. But, I tried!

Leslie M May 18, 2018 at 8:57 AM

I am sure baby Jasper is adorable with his little mohawk.

Tasha, are your other kids old enough to help with the baby?

bev May 18, 2018 at 9:25 AM

Ladies have a good day and good discussions so I have stuff to read on my lunch break.
Tasha enjoy this special day.

Nay May 18, 2018 at 11:00 AM

Tasha–yes, what Leslie said. Do you have 2 other children? (I can’t remember) And how old are they?

Nay May 18, 2018 at 11:08 AM

Re: Bad Romeo–I’ve mentioned before (somewhere) how much I LOVED it! And also Broken Juliet. They were both in my top 5 reads of 2015.

Re: Fury. That reminds me that I need to get back to Cat Porter’s Lock & Key series. I loved the first 2 books, and Fury is a spinoff–the hero of Fury is a member of one of the rival motorcycle clubs.

Steph May 18, 2018 at 11:12 AM

I sent you a recommendation last night through the “contact” button. Did you receive it? “The Idea of You”

Leslie M May 18, 2018 at 11:22 AM

Ok, so I finished Rebel Heir and of course I didn’t like it! *grumbles and stomps feet*

I can’t say why as it would be major spoiler. Anyone who wants deets, PM me.

Tasha J May 18, 2018 at 11:23 AM

Yep 2 More, 8 and 3. They can help with some, but not too much. Hubby’s home for a couple weeks so hopefully we’ll get comfy in a routine before too long.

Leslie M May 18, 2018 at 11:40 AM

Tasha, I don’t know how you do it. Good luck my friend. You are a much braver woman than me!

I hope in a few years your oldest will be a good babysitter.

Cheryl May 18, 2018 at 1:22 PM

Happy friday and hope you get to go home soon Tasha! Nothing like your own bed to hopefully get some rest. Great that your hubby will be home for a couple weeks. That really helps with older kids.

Was my day off and had lots planned- then got phone call from my daughter’s school. She fell and hit her head. Now home with her doing concussion protocol. Mild concussion. *sigh*

R. Renee May 18, 2018 at 2:26 PM

The #blogbaby is real!!! I love it!

Bad Romeo…soooooo good! Starting Broken Juliet next!

And I second The Idea of You, Maryse! Really well done and addictive! I couldn’t put it down…unless you count the times I threw it down, and by “down” I mean into my wall where there’s now a slight dent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ela May 18, 2018 at 2:49 PM

CONGRATS TASHA!!!!!!!!!

Ela May 18, 2018 at 2:51 PM

Hey y’all! One of our very own has a book releasing in June! Yanette was one of the first few people I met on here on the boards (that no longer exist) and now she’s an author!

MichelleS May 18, 2018 at 4:44 PM

Jack & Jill Series mentioned up there…. loved it…. funny, sexy, gut wrenching, action packed. It had everything.

D.G. May 18, 2018 at 8:19 PM

Welcome Baby Jasper!!!! Congrats Tasha!!!! I just wanted to get my baby fix and hug and love all over him! So happy for you!

D.G. May 18, 2018 at 8:20 PM

I think I am in love….with Magnus. Yep. Pretty sure it is true.

Maryse May 19, 2018 at 8:06 AM

Hi Steph!! I didn’t get the recommendation? GAH!!! But I thank you for bringing it to my attention here. I just one clicked it. *squeeee* It just so happens it’s on sale today. *happy dance*

bev May 19, 2018 at 12:45 PM

How do you ladies let go of stress besides reading?

Maryse May 19, 2018 at 1:39 PM

Oooh I love your question bev. Makeup videos. Hair videos. Horror movies while snuggling with puppies annnnnnnnnd cooking! ;)

marina May 19, 2018 at 1:43 PM

Congratulations Tasha on your new baby boy!! So exciting and sweet that there is a blog baby.

marina May 19, 2018 at 1:52 PM

Maryse, you should read both Getaway Girl and The Jack and Jill series!!! Getaway Girl you will finish in 2 days. Jack and Jill will be several days but SO WORTH IT!!!! It was at the top of my best reads of 2015 and I’ve been dying for you to read it since then! Rollercoaster of emotions… This morning I devoured CD Reiss’ prequel novella (free on iBooks) called “Cutting Edge”. I absolutely could not put it down until I finished it. It’s the prequel to her The Edge Series which is all coming out this summer. “Rough Edge” is coming out this Tuesday and I need it NOW. “On the Edge” comes out June 12. And “Broken Edge” comes out July 10. A summer of CD Reiss?!?! Awesomeness.

Amy May 19, 2018 at 3:56 PM

We’re driving through Portland right now and all I can think is, “I’m THIS close to bev!!!” :P

Oh no, Cheryl. Hope your baby girl is feeling better soon. How did she manage to get a concussion?? Ouch. *winces*

And I really need to give the Jack and Jill series another shot. I had trouble staying interested once I got to the military guy’s POV, but everyone seems to love it so maybe it was my mood? *shrugs*

Amy May 19, 2018 at 4:00 PM

What do I do to let go of stress besides reading?

Running. Lots and lots of running. Oh, and CLEAN.

Tessa May 19, 2018 at 4:40 PM

What do I do let go of stress? Music. :) Something fast and hard, usually rock or metal. If the music alone doesn’t work, I dance to it (in private, not a bar!). Also games, from puzzles like logic problems or Soduko to action games like Diablo or Guild Wars. All fun and all can make me get out of my head.

bev May 19, 2018 at 4:46 PM

Lol. I promise I’m not that close.

Stress and horror… I’d be a wreck.

I wish I went to cleaning and running.

Maryse May 19, 2018 at 4:52 PM

Amy OH YES!!! I CLEAN TOOOOOOO!!!!!

R. Renee May 19, 2018 at 4:54 PM

The only think that cures stress for me is finishing whatever it is that’s causing it. Which means I live in a constant state of stress. :roll:

bev May 19, 2018 at 5:03 PM

Lol. Sadly I can’t. I wish I could have control over it . *shrug*

Music and walking usually help. Like Tessa if something I can’t change I like to get out of my head until I can adjust. But sometimes my attention span suffers.
I have a ton of good books and queing some shows if I can quiet the thoughts.

Today checking all the blog posts on the wedding has fit my attention span.

BTW Maryse…..My Ahjussi was wonderful all the way to the end. Even if the last one ep tried to kill me a few times.

Maryse May 19, 2018 at 5:14 PM

Ahjussi gutted you bev? ;)

bev May 19, 2018 at 5:23 PM

Yes, in the best way. It was sad, bleak, hopeful, beautiful and really satisfying. I honestly can’t really describe it. It was just GOOD. It really moved and unfolded in this wonderful way. I’m going to miss them.

bev May 20, 2018 at 8:09 AM

Sometimes the internet is a good thing. Night 2 of not sleeping well you all jinxed me. The first morning to quiet unquiet thoughts I could turn on and watch a beautiful English wedding on a beautiful English morning.
This morning I can go right to a recap of My Ahjussi and a 100 or so comments of why everyone loved this show. Eeep. I love it.
And clarification on a translation that changes the whole way I was looking at a scene.

Gah. It. Is. So. Freaking. Good.

Of course with the recaps and comments it is almost like a big buddy watch, lol.

Maryse you jinxed me with bad sleep.
So. Watch it.

Cheryl May 20, 2018 at 5:58 PM

Amy, we’ve had a lot of rain and the floor was wet and then her shoe stuck and down she went. Still has a headache, so think school tomorrow is a no- go.

Just finished Melt For You. A slow-burn, but I loved it. Scottish rugby player and quirky American. Funny, low-angst with sigh out loud moments.

I exercise and weather permitting work in the yard. Shopping helps too and makeup. ;)

Cheryl May 20, 2018 at 9:00 PM

Anyone read Rebel Heir? Trying to decide on next book.

Tessa May 20, 2018 at 10:07 PM

So, mafia mood hit me again, and I’m reading Staying in Vegas by Sam Moriano. Let me say, for anyone who loves the series, I should have finished the rest of the Morelli family series. There is a HUGE spoiler in it. Yep, I’m going to go back when I finish either this or the next one. It depends on how this one ends.

bev May 20, 2018 at 10:29 PM

Yes, Cheryl.
It sucked.
You and your daughter should watch Fight My Way instead.

Tessa May 21, 2018 at 12:56 AM

Okay. Apparently, the next book isn’t available yet, which means I have to wait until the first. :) I will be getting it because that ending left me wondering and… what happens next?

Leslie M May 21, 2018 at 1:47 AM

Cheryl, I read Rebel Heir and I didnt like it. :(

Too spoilerish to say on here.

Stacey May 23, 2018 at 8:12 AM

The Idea of You…Audible edition…read by the author…AMAZING!!!!!! A must, must MUST hear!