HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! It’s time for another reading weekend and I am ready for it…
By the way, in case you missed THIS crazy awesome book news, OH. EM. GEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m just going to faint right now. LOOK WHAT’S COMING by Shay Savage in just a few days!!!!!! Luffs: Transcendence Novella I LOVED book #1 like CRAZY, and now… there will be more.
There are some books that title and story stay with you forever. This is one of those. In fact, I’m upping my review to 5 stars because it’s been a few years, and I still remember EVERYTHING about it. And it’s still so clever, so unique, and so gasp-worthy.➔ My review of #1 (Transcendence):
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Bryce by Lauren Runow & Jeannine Colette <— LIVE!!!! SINGLE MOM & THE MEDIA MOGUL ALERT!! And we’re having a signed book giveaway!!! “…Media mogul, workaholic and a heart of stone. He’s broody AF and yet every woman in San Francisco wants him. So why won’t he leave me alone? Wherever I go, he’s there, trying to force his way into my world. What he doesn’t know is I already have a man in my life. A tiny redhead who loves Legos and Superheroes...”
- Torn by Natasha Knight <— DUET CONCLUSION ALERT!!! P.S. Here’s book #1 ➔ Taken
- Bloodstained Beauty by Ella Fields <— HER PERFECT MAN BECAME HER WORST NIGHTMARE… RECENT RELEASE & JENN LOVED IT!!
Jenn: Maryse-In regards to Bloodstained Beauty; other than the blurb you posted I read nothing about this book and just went in blind. That is the best way to experience this amazing book. It captivated me from beginning to end as I am done now. It overwhelmed me, consumed me and yes had me questioning my sanity. (love when that happens) It was freaking amazing! Lived and Loved every word of it!
- The Bastard (Filthy Duet Book 1) by Lisa Renee Jones <— LIVE!!! LISA RENEE JONES ALERT! She’s the princess & he’s the bastard… “...I will never go back there. I will never be the mistake my father made, the way he was the mistake my mother made. And then she walks in the door, the princess I’d once wanted more than I’d wanted my father’s love. She wants me to come back…”
- The Beautiful Years II: A Mafia Romance Saga by Annie Rose Welch <— LIVE!!! MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! These must be read in order so my lips are sealed but I’m hearing great things about this new series!! 😀
Deb B: Oh wow! So glad I found you on FB & your blog here, thanks to Stephanie 🙂 I love your recommendations & hope you’ll take a look at one of my favorite new releases by the talented, amazing & just all around sweet human being, Annie Rose Welch, and book #1 in “The Beautiful Years” 😀
Tessa: Okay, The Beautiful Years looks GOOOOOOD.
- Hungry For More by Alexa Riley <— LIVE!!! ALEXA RILEY’S LATEST!
- Beneath His Stars (The Stars Duet Book 1) by Amie Knight <— LIVE!!! HE’S FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS ALERT!! DUET (BOTH BOOKS) ARE LIVE RIGHT NOW!!! “…With the world at my fingertips, I was well on my way to being another spoiled socialite. But I didn’t want money. I didn’t want social status. I wanted him; tattoos, sarcastic smirk, bad boy reputation and all. It didn’t matter that he was from the wrong side of the tracks. It didn’t matter that my family forbade me from seeing him…”
- In Her Space (The Stars Duet Book 2) by Amie Knight <—HE’S FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS ALERT!! DUET (BOTH BOOKS) ARE LIVE RIGHT NOW!!! And here’s the duet conclusion!!! :D!!!!
- A Reason To Forgive: An Inspirational Romance (A Reason To Love Book 3) by T.K. Chapin <— LIVE!!! MARITAL STRIFE ALERT!! “…David Carlton married the love of his life twenty-six years ago. He thought he knew her, but then she did the unthinkable and unforgivable, shattering his trust forever. David never stopped loving Cindy, but he did stop showing it and nurturing their marriage. Keeping her at a distance, he learned to rely on the walls he built around his heart so she couldn’t hurt him anymore. Then one day, his wife invited him to a marriage retreat...”
- Buried by Brenda Rothert <— LIVE!!! FOOTBALL STAR WAS TRAPPED IN A BUNKER WITH HER!!! Blurb jolt alert!!! Oooooh I love this premise!! 😀 “…I ended up trapped in a doomsday bunker with four strangers, my chances at that record slipping away as days turned into months. I never would’ve given Erin a second look. She was gorgeous, sure, but not my type. I liked women who were strong. Fearless. Resilient. Not to mention that she hated me. But I was so wrong about her. And in that bunker, I fell in crazy, stupid love…”
- I Need To Get Over You: A Sexy Office Romance (Over You Series Book 1) by K.D. Black
- The Results of Unrequited (The Science of Unrequited Book 3) by Len Webster <— LIVE!!! SOUNDS ANGSTY but must be read in order!!! P.S. Book #1 ➔ The Theory of Unrequited (The Science of Unrequited Book 1) & #2 ➔ The Solution to Unrequited (The Science of Unrequited Book 2) are super bargain priced right now!
- Doppelbanger: A single dad, romantic comedy. by Heather M. Orgeron <— COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! MADE KATHY P *SNORT*
Kathy P: I just finished Doppel Banger by Heather Obergon. She co-wrote Heartbreak Warfare. I haven’t laughed so hard in a book in forever. Yes, there were some snorts! So good and really recommend.
- The Captive Series Bundle (Books 1-5) by Erica Stevens <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN & AMY FOUND US THIS DEAL & loved it!!
Amy: Remember me gushing about the old-school indie PNR feel of the Captive series? Welllll…THE BUNDLE IS ON SALE!! It’s the first five books, and if you read those then afterwards you HAVE to read the prequel Broken. I swear, I felt broken after I read it.
- The Virgin Romance Novelist Chronicles by Meghan Quinn <— LIVE!!! MEGHAN QUINN COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! The warning!!! “**WARNING: READ IN THE CONFINES OF YOUR OWN HOME DUE TO RANDOM OUTBURSTS OF LAUGHTER. IF YOU ARE ADDICTED TO CLIFFHANGERS, GETTING YOUR HEART RIPPED OUT OF YOUR CHEST AND FEELING LIKE A BULLDOZER JUST PLOWED THROUGH YOUR STOMACH, THEN THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR YOU. IF YOU LIKE PEEING YOUR PANTS AND CRYING FROM LAUGHING SO HARD, THEN PLEASE CONTINUE READING.”
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald – The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling <— LIVE!!! HARRY POTTER/J.K. ROWLING ALERT!! “This second original screenplay from J.K. Rowling, illustrated with stunning line art from MinaLima, expands on earlier events that helped shaped the Wizarding World, with some surprising nods to the Harry Potter stories that will delight fans of both the books and films.“
- LuLLaY: (a Portland ME Christmas Novella) by Freya Barker <— THEY’RE STUCK TOGETHER… RECENT RELEASE & Karen recommends it! “…Meeting by chance along a 1400 mile stretch of highway when a snowstorm grinds traffic to a halt, they have no choice but to jointly ride it out. Exposing a common thread, leading them from the past to the present, it’s through the innocent eyes of a toddler, they discover a future…”
Karen: OMG LuLLay is an amazing read! I love the characters what a great way to start the holiday season
- Falling for the Playboy (Bedtime Reads Book 2) by Kennedy Fox <— LIVE!! SHE’S AN AUTHOR ASSISTANT & HE’S A COCKY COVER MODEL… “...When we’re forced to road trip across the country together, he pushes every boundary I have and rearranges my thoughts on playing it safe. And when he “accidentally” drops his towel, he makes it very clear what he’s offering and proves he’s packing more than abs of steel under his clothes.Working with him was brutal, but falling for him was unexpected...”
- All That We Are by Melissa Toppen <— LIVE!! THEY ONCE HATED EACH OTHER… “…we couldn’t stand each other. But after ten years of being gone, a lot had changed. He wasn’t the same boy I remembered. I wasn’t the same girl either. So much had happened. I moved away and got married. Miles joined the military. We both returned home broken in our own way…”
- Pain (Curse of the Gods Book 5) by Jane Washington & Jaymin Eve <— LIVE!!!
- Falling In Love All Over Again: The Sullivans (Babymoon Novella) by Bella Andre <— LIVE!!
- Endless (Merciless Book 4) by W. Winters <— SERIES CONCLUSION, RECENT RELEASE & NANCY LOVED IT!
Nancy: ENDLESS (Merciless Book 4) is the last book in the series, but is the absolute best book in the series. Merciless, Heartless, Breathless, lead up to Endless. That this is the thrilling ending of the series is what makes it the best book of the bunch. What an ending to the series! Willow Winters has the most ‘powerful’ writing that I have read in I don’t remember when. From page one till the dramatic end, this book held my attention.
- Being Mrs. Cane (Cane #3.5) by Shanora Williams <— LIVE!!! FORBIDDEN LOVE SERIES ALERT!!! These must be read in order.
- TICK TOCK (EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) Book 1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— RECENT RELEASE & Amal LOVED it!
Amal: I just completed Tick Tock by Jane Harvey-Berrick and boy does this woman know how to lay out the details. It wrecked me! no jokes!
Being a Muslim I usually stay away from books that tend to spark hate and debate on religion and war but this was so well written, thoroughly researched and objectively painted.
This book did highlight the harsh truth about Syrian conflict and that deserves a major applause. It may have been fiction but it was oh so real, every minuscule detail was well researched.
The characters, Amira and James had the same mission in mind and although their romance was not well- developed, I suspect intentionally so, their love for each other was a battle itself. Jane brought forward such gusty topics, conflict of religion, different continents and nationalities, losses and how none of those conflicts matter when it comes to finding and having good friends.
I found out that there is a sequel to this book containing more. I can’t wait!!
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Hate to Love You by Tijan <— Michele G loved it!!
Good morning everyone! I finished the audio of Hate to Love You this morning. It was a nice angsty one for sure. I don’t know how it would read since I listened to the audiobook and I firmly believe that sometimes that can either make or break a book for me.
That said, if you do give it a go, bear with it…you’re going to really dislike the h initially until you start to see what her background has been and even though you won’t excuse the things she’s done…you will start to see why she is so flawed. It was an exhausting journey to their HEA but well worth it.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! )
- Luffs: Transcendence Novella by Shay Savage – November 20th 2018
- Target: Alex Cross by James Patterson – November 19th 2018
- Breathless (Ross Siblings Book 8) by Cherrie Lynn – November 19th 2018
- 4th & Girl (Mavericks Tackle Love) by Max Monroe – November 20th 2018
- Beauchamp Hall: A Novel by Danelle Steel – November 20th 2018
- Fire and Blood: 300 Years Before A Game of Thrones (A Targaryen History) (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R. R. Martin – November 20th 2018
- Her Mafioso King (The Vitucci Mafiosos Book 4) by Terri Anne Browning – November 27th 2018
- Hunky Heartbreaker: A Whiskey Kisses Novella by Kendall Ryan – November 27th 2018
- Someone to Trust (A Westcott Novel) by Mary Balogh – November 27th 2018
- Love With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 11) by Kristen Proby – November 27th 2018
- Tragic (Lark Cove Book 3) by Devney Perry – November 27th 2018
- Until Cobi (Until Him/Her Book 7) by Aurora Rose Reynolds – November 27th 2018
- Raff (The Vorge Crew Book 4) by Laurann Dohner – November 27th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).