HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! Now THIS is what I call a Friday list. :D!!! The amount of awesome-sounding new books that just went live in the last 24 hours rivals’s this week’s new release list, BIG TIME!! And of course, reader recommendations for those that want tried-and-true.
I hope everyone in the path of the hurricane will be safe, and maybe we can all hunker-down and read together. I read so much during the last hurricane and it helped me a lot (the characters kept me company). This time, I’m not in the path, but I know many who are, so I worry.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Muse by Katy Evans <— LIVE!!! KATY EVANS OMG ULTIMATE SERENDIPITOUS FAMOUS ACTOR FANTASY ALERT!! She missed her flight… and he did too. “…I ended up at the airport, heading home in the same condition that I arrived. In a rut. Add to all that, missing my flight and losing my laptop—the laptop, where the Best Love Story Ever sat on my hard drive. Enter Noah Steele. Eerily familiar. Movie star. Heartthrob. Sultry romeo with bedroom eyes. (But we’re not going there.) He missed his flight too...”
- No Tomorrow by Carian Cole <— LIVE!! BLURB JOLT ALERT!! CARIAN COLE ROCK STAR ROMANCE & IT’S ALREADY TRYING TO BREAK MY HEART!!! He once broke her heart… “…You can’t go back, but I want to. Back to the bridge. Back to when he sang only for me. Before he was famous. Before he shattered my heart. I thought I knew everything about him. But I could not have been more wrong. He promised me every tomorrow. And here I am, waiting. And hoping. Again.”
- Bewitched And Bewildered by Alanea Alder <— Ji-Aara is now HOOKED and loved this paranormal rom-com!!
Ji-Aara: I just love bewitched and bewildered. When I first read My commander I thought it was absolutely ridiculous, but I completed the series and am waiting for more. I have to say, Alaena Alder’s Bewitched and Bewildered series have ruined me. I can’t finish my other books.
- Drilled: (Hard ‘n Dirty Book 7) by Ava Sinclair <— LIVE!! RICH GIRL & HE WORKS FOR HER FATHER…” …If her oil baron father finds out, losing my job will be the least of my worries. Roger Tremaine will never accept the thought of a common roustabout putting big, dirty hands on his little princess...”
- Hot Sexy Desire by Nadia Lee <— LIVE!! BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!! “...It isn’t easy falling for your older brother’s best friend, especially when he’s a sexy as hell, hard-headed, over-protective alpha male. Unfortunately, he still treats me like the little sister he never had…”
- The Truth About Us (The Truth Duet Book 2) by Aly Martinez <— ALY MARTINEZ ALERT!!! THE DUET IS NOW COMPLETE (book #2 just went LIVE). I AM HOOKED on Aly Martinez and now she just released this duet!! This author is one of the queens of angsty & gasp-worthy romances!!!!! HOOKED I TELL YOU! I’ll definitely be reading this. P.S. Check out all of my Aly Martinez reviews (yep!! I can’t get enough of her stories) AND!! Here’s book #1 ➔ The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet Book 1) it made Jennifer in our book crew lose it!!! She will finally get relief *snort* 😛 AND WE get to dive in!!!
Jennifer: This one is most definitely NOT fairytales and rainbows. It’s hard and sad and brutal with bits of sweet mixed in. If someone is looking for a happy read….this is NOT it! But man oh man it’s so gripping ….. I can’t seem to put it down.
Jennifer: I’m in tears, my heart is racing and now I have to wait until September 13th for the sequel. UGH. I’m dying….. These authors are killing me with these cliffhangers. This book RIPPED my heart out of my chest, put it in a blender then attempted to piece it back together alllllllll to be ripped to shreds again with A FRIGGIN CLIFFHANGER! I need a blood pressure pill, vodka tonic and electroshock therapy IN THAT ORDER!
- To Love Again by Andria Large <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT! HE’S ESCAPING HIS ABUSIVE EX… “…England was supposed to help Jack get away from his ex and find himself again. I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with him there. Especially when I knew he might stay… indefinitely. With my busy schedule as an ER doctor, an ocean between us, and the trust issues his abusive ex inflicted, the chance of a successful long-distance relationship is close to zero. Loving Jack may be the one thing I can’t fix.”
- With Love by Remus Martin
- Prophet by S.M. West <— LIVE!! HE’S ON THE RUN but then… “…I’m blindsided by a pain-in-the-ass stranger. Maggie. Curves, startling blue eyes, and she hates me. I don’t trust her and with good reason. My plan is simple: use her. Then I kiss her. Touch her. Crave her. She was my way out, now she’s my downfall…”
- Keep Her Safe: A Novel b K.A. Tucker <— PSYCH-THRILLER WITH TWISTS & SECRETS!!! Theresa can’t put it down (and I can’t wait to read this!)
Theresa: Reading Keep Her Safe by K A Tucker of course. I don’t want it to end but can’t read fast enough. It has so many twists and secrets. I can’t think of a thing that the book does not have in it for a perfect read. You must read every word or you might miss an important word or clue so slow read for me. I have been impatiently waiting for Simple Wild so must get this finished. Ahhh, too many books so little time lol.
- All the Little Lights by Jamie McGuire <— JAMIE MCGUIRE’S LATEST IS ON SALE!!! Amy found it!!
Amy: All the Little Lights by Jamie McGuire is on sale…can’t go wrong with a JM book. 😉
Ashley: Y’all, All the Little lights is amazing!!!!
- Over Easy: (Santa Lena Sizzles, #1) by Jessa York <— LIVE!!! She falls into his arms… “…Jack can’t believe his luck. When the mysterious woman he’s had his eyes set on falls into his arms—literally—he realizes he can’t let her go. He’s willing to do whatever it takes to keep her, even if it means playing with fire.“
- Man of the Moment (Gentlemen, Inc. Book 1) by Thea Dawson <— SHE HIRES HIM TO DATE HER… “...Archer, a struggling actor in Los Angeles, doesn’t mind making a wallflower like Annabelle look good for an evening-he’s getting paid, after all, and it’s a chance to further hone his acting skills. But when he realizes that Annabelle’s family could hold the key to his career, he decides to take their professional relationship to a personal level. But his attempts to boost his career by charming Annabelle backfire when he begins to fall for her…“
- Swerve by Inglath Cooper <— LIVE!! HER SISTER HAS GONE MISSING… “…Through her work in a hospital Emergency Room, Emory witnesses tragedy on a regular basis, but is completely unprepared when it visits her own life again. As it becomes clear that something horrible has happened to Mia and her friend Grace, Emory puts her life on hold to find them, enlisting the help of a rogue detective and former Navy Seal named Knox Helmer. But evil has a name and a face and every intention of keeping what she has stolen…”
- That Thing You’re Good At (A Starview Novel Book 1) by Isabell Lawless <— LIVE!!! SOUNDS CUTE & CRAZY (Ex-pro hockey player turned cop, and speed-dating?) but anyway… stuff. That blurb has a ton going on and I don’t know WHICH part to highlight. I say read it and see for yourself. 😉
- Playing For Love: A York Bombers Hockey Romance (The York Bombers Book 6) by Lisa B. Kamps <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!! AND A BIG *WHOOOOOOOPS!!!* “…Cara Hudgins has always been the misfit among her small social circle. Quiet and introverted, she’s more comfortable around animals than people. And she would never, ever agree to a no-strings-attached hook-up—until one night, fueled by alcohol and her friends’ encouragement, she does. Unfortunately, her one night with the adorably shy hockey player comes with a big price she never saw coming...”
- One For Sorrow (Isabel Fielding Series Book 1) by Sarah A. Denzil <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!! Kat enjoyed it!
Kat: I recently finished One For Sorrow by Sarah A. Denzil and really enjoyed it. Im happy to see she is writing a sequel that releases in September.
- Glimmer by Ashley Munoz <— LIVE!! SINGLE FATHER/BIKER ALERT!! “…Then I met him. A single father, alleged MC member, and the worlds best mini pizza maker. I was playing with fire, and I should have known better than to assume I wouldn’t get burned. My goals, future, none of it mattered once his demons came to collect…”
- If We Fly (What If Book 3) by Nina Lane <— LIVE!!! NINA LANE’S LATEST & it must be read in order…
- Cabin 12 (Rock Point) by Freya Barker <— LIVE!!! HE’S ASKED TO TAKE CARE OF HIS SISTER… “…Jasper Greene, an FBI agent with the La Plata County field office, doesn’t even know the meaning of family. His team is his family, which is why–when his boss asks him to keep an eye on his baby sister–Jasper readily complies. Even when the sister in question is a spectacularly developed princess with plenty of attitude…”
- Marry Me (Lyrics and Love Book 1) by Samantha Lind <— LIVE!! SHE’S GETTING MARRIED BUT STILL LOVE HIM… “…Sam was always my constant. My rock. My best friend. That feeling, the one I only got around him, had never been matched by another man. But Sam never showed me he felt anything more for me than friendship, so I moved on… Now, standing at the end of the aisle, ready to walk to my forever, my mind spins with what-ifs. Do I keep moving forward, knowing a man who loves me is at the end? Or do I risk it all, for the one man I’ve always wanted, and hope he wants me in return…”
- The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series Book 1) by Jennifer Ashley <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE & JAN IS reading and enjoying it!
Jan: …a very popular HR that I’m FINALLY getting around to reading: The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley. One of those everyone’s-read-it-except-me. It’s really good so far. The H is a hot Scot who seems to be somewhere on the Aspergers scale, and in the past was committed to an asylum for his supposed ‘madness’. Sounds like an unlikely premise for a HR, but it’s very well written and has been hugely popular.
- From Ice To Flames (A West Brothers Novel) by <— LIVE!!! OMG THIS COVER MAKES MY HEART MELT!!! HER SEXY SINGLE FATHER NEIGHBOR VETERINARIAN RESCUED HER DOG “...It was hotter than sin Hudson who came to his rescue. Then it became impossible to ignore him. It was only supposed to be a fling, a quickie, a one and done. We both had reasons to keep it that way … my one rule and his five-year-old son. Except things didn’t quite work out that way…”
- Hard Rock Kiss by Athena Wright <— LIVE!! ROCK STAR ALERT!!! “…From the minute we met, I knew there was something more to him. Every brush of his lips, every touch of his skin, makes my body, heart and soul sing. It’s not just physical. In those moments we share together, I know he cares for me. Just like I’m beginning to care for him. But there’s a secret I’m keeping from him. A secret that will change everything. A secret that could ruin his dreams, his future...”
- Beautiful Lies (The Beautiful Series Book 2) by Emery Rose <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Once upon a time, my foolish heart believed that my love would be strong enough to fix him. How very wrong I was. We soared to the greatest heights and crashed to the lowest depths together. Starting over wasn’t possible. Yet here he was, heart in hand, asking for another chance. Only a fool would agree. But when it comes to Connor, I’ve always been a fool…”
- Brokenhearted by Bella Emy <— LIVE!!! INTRIGUING…?? “…Bruce, demands a divorce and she is left utterly brokenhearted. She’s completely devastated and fears she cannot go on. Then one day, a handsome stranger walks into her life–a stranger whom actually is more familiar to Emily than she realizes…“
- The Barefoot Wedding (Married in Malibu) by Bella Andre (writing as Lucy Kevin)
- Secrets We Keep (Callaways Cousins #6) (Callaways #14) (Callaway Cousins) by Barbara Freethy
- Body Check (Blades Hockey Book 4) by Maria Luis <— LIVE!! HOCKEY STAR ALERT!! SHE’S HIS EX-WIFE!!! “…when the owners sell us out to Hollywood, suddenly we’re not just playing for thousands of fans, we’re cracking open our lives on a new reality show, Getting Pucked. They want all the dirty details, and I’d rather take a puck to the gonads than peel back the curtains on my life. Not when it could take me out of the game for good. I agree to sign the contract on one condition: they hire New England’s reigning queen of media to call the shots...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (…a few of next week’s!!! )
- Professor Feelgood (Masters of Love Book 2) by Leisa Rayven – September 16th 2018
- Dane’s Storm by Mia Sheridan – September 17th 2018
- Rebel Hard (Hard Play Book 2) by Nalini Singh – September 18th 2018
- Don’t Trust A Killer by Cynthia Eden – September 18th 2018
- I Know You Know: A Novel by Gilly Macmillan – September 18th 2018
- Vampires Like It Hot: An Argeneau Novel by Lynsay Sands – September 18th 2018
- Why Not Tonight (Happily Inc) by Susan Mallery – September 18th 2018
- Restless Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs Book 2) by Carrie Ann Ryan – September 18th 2018
- Misadventures with a Speed Demon (Misadventures Book 14) by Chelle Bliss – September 18th 2018
- Happily Ever After (Runaway Princess: Flicka #5) by Blair Babylon – September 18th 2018
- Time’s Convert: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy) by Deborah Harkness – September 18th 2018
- Booted (Trails of Sin Book 3) by Pam Godwin – September 18th 2018
- Austin by Lauren Runow & Jeannine Colette
- Wicked Wedding: A Wicked Horse Vegas Novel (Left at the Altar Book 4) by Sawyer Bennett – September 20th 2018
- Once Upon A Wild Fling by Lauren Blakely – October 8th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).