Today is an extra special post ’cause TWO highly anticipated books in series we LOVED have just gone live!!! A super-angsty romance one with all sorts of painful life twists (Suanne Laqueur’s The Fish Tales Series <— I read #1 & #2 and loved ’em) AND…
<— A gritty bad-ass biker one (that one there to the left from Lauren Gilley’s Dartmoor Series). In fact, while I’m showing the cover, the author says:
“I pulled the trigger tonight. It’s so fresh, the cover’s not even showing up yet on the Amazon page…” <— LOL!! It’s true… almost looks like a pre-order without the book cover, but nope! It’s live!
Ready to see what else we’ve found, and what the latest reader recommendations are?
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
JUST RELEASED!!!! SURPRISE!!!
- Secondhand Smoke (Dartmoor Book 4) by Lauren Gilley <— JUST RELEASED!!! GRITTY MC/BIKER BOOK LOVERS REJOICE!!! Kandace and Teresa just found us a HUGE new release that just went live!! Kandace found it! “Secondhand Smoke by Lauren Gilley is LIVE. This is the author who wrote Fearless. I’m so excited!” and Teresa is excited too! “Maryse Secondhand Smoke by Lauren Gilley is live. I loved her book Fearless this book looks so good can wait to start reading it!!!!“
- Here to Stay (The Fish Tales Book 3) by Suanne Laqueur <— Happy SQUEEEEE!!!!!! I LOVED book #1 and #2 (they made my best of 2015 list) and #3 (I believe this is the finale) is LIVE!!! #1 & #2 read well as standalones, but this one is the sequel to those… (P.S.: My review of #1 and My review of #2) and Sadie has already started it! “Started today!!! Already highlighting up a storm per usual with her books.” and Lisa asks:
Lisa: So can I go from book 1 to book 3? Or is reading 2 important? I read somewhere number 2 was from Daisy’s POV.
Sadie: I loved book 2. Even more than 1 actually. And you learn a lot about Daisy and other characters’ journeys.
Lisa: Ok thx!
Maryse: Agreed! Daisy’s book was my favorite (#2) but BOTH are amazing and completely different experiences.
- Life Interrupted by Yessi Smith <— LOST HER MEMORY she lost her memory but… “…when Travis Keillar comes into my life everything changes. The memories I’ve lost become unimportant to the memories I’m creating with him. For the first time since I opened my eyes that fateful day in the hospital, life smiles back at me. Until it doesn’t. Until he comes back for me…”
- Slave to Love by Julie A. Richman <— OFFICE ROMANCE & a love/hate relationship!! “He was a royal pr*ck.The night we met, he ignored me.Then Mr. Big Shot CEO grabbed my ass in a business meeting. My boss just loaned me out to this guy. Now, we’re working on a major project together…”
- The Final KO by Jessica Florence <— MMA FIGHTERS!! “…when Arson Kade, MMA’s top fighter and notorious manwhore declares he’s that man for me I have my doubts. Any sane woman would…”
- Scandalous (A Scandalous Novella) #1 (The Scandalous Serial) by Danielle Jamie <— STUDENT TEACHER SCANDAL! “She’s the hot new professor. He’s the star quarterback…”
- Progress by Amalie Silver <— NOT HIS USUAL TYPE ALERT! “I admit, I didn’t think much of Charlie at first. She was rounder than the girls who usually caught my eye. Not my type. But when I saw her sitting in that booth alone, for the first time something in my mind or my instincts or my heart told me to join her…“
- Our Impossible Love by Durjoy Datta <— TWO NEW ADULTS ATTEMPT TO FIGURE LIFE OUT “Life takes a strange turn when Danish, the confused idiot, is appointed as the student counsellor to Aisha. Between the two of them they have to figure out love, life, friendship—most of all, themselves.”
- Flashback by Christy Gissendaner <— RETRO ROCK STAR ROMANCE ALERT! “On summer break from college, she agrees to accompany her father on tour with Jericho and discovers beneath the guyliner and long hair is a songwriter who’s been misunderstood, molded into something he doesn’t want to be…”
- No Promises: A New Adult Contemporary Romance by N. Raines <— SHE WANTS TO SAVE HIM ALERT! “He’s caught in a dark place he can’t escape on his own. He can’t make Sam any promises of love. Promises are too easily broken. Sam spends her life taking care of sick and homeless animals. She’s never met a stray she didn’t love, and Rick is the most important rescue she’ll ever make.“
- Match Me If You Can by Michele Gorman <— THREE BEST FRIENDS, RECYCLED EXES & A DATING SITE: “So when Catherine, London’s finest matchmaker, gets Rachel and Sarah to join her dating site where they can recycle their ex-boyfriends in exchange for an upgrade, they soon realize that anything could happen . . . Three best friends, proving that sometimes it really isn’t you… it’s him.“
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Captive Prince: Book One of the Captive Prince Trilogy by C. S. Pacat <— OUR FELLOW READERS ARE LOVING THIS LIKE CRAZY!! This one appears to be the hit of the week and a new release is coming out in just a couple of weeks! Perhaps there’s an unredeemable character in this one? I think so ’cause they are hating on one certain character. Tee hee!! I love when that happens! fabi says: “’…I hate Laurent. His court is full of weasels. I’m praying for Damen but that seems like a useless prayer. He’s so f****d. I’m so into this book, I just want to talk and talk and talk about it. “
- This Love by Samantha Victoria <—SHE SAID IT GAVE HER SAME FEELING BEAUTIFUL DISASTER DID ALERT! Katie HIGHLY recommends this one, and she said some magic words!!! “Ok so there is a book that I really think you would enjoy. It gave me the same feeling as Beautiful Disaster. I was in a funk after…it was that good. It’s called “This Love” by Samantha Victoria… 5 star for sure..lol. As soon as I read it I thought of you…“
- Written In Red: A Novel of the Others by Anne Bishop <— AWESOME BOOK ALERT! Kathy found one of our favorites on super-sale (This one made my best of 2015 list!!) Kathy says: “I have heard great things about this book from some of your members so when I saw it was on sale, …I snapped it up. So excited to finally read this one.”
- Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin Trilogy Book 1) by Robin LaFevers <— FANTASY & ON SUPER-SALE! “Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny.“
- January: Calendar Girl Book 1 by Audrey Carlan <— SHE BECOMES A HIGH-PRICED ESCORT & THIS ONE JUST MADE #1 on the NYT BEST SELLERS LIST!! And Marie says: “Amazing series from start to finish 5*!!!! Would defiantly recommend!!xxx”
- The Score (Off-Campus Book 3) by Elle Kennedy <— LISA GIVES IT 5 SQUISHY HEART STARS!!! It’s back on the list ’cause it’s still rocking worlds! Lisa: “Dean *sigh* just…..*sigh* The Score was ahhhhmaaazing. Just loved being in his head. And loved the way Elle gave us radio silence from his pov when it all went to shit….just ramped up the heartache for him. Best in series so far Elle Kennedy!! Five squishy heart stars for me.” and fabi agrees! “I seem to have a permanent smile plastered on my face any time I read one of Elle Kennedy’s novels. I just live her coming of age stories. The college shenanigans are a hoot.”
- Ricochet by Keri Lake <— DARK READ ALERT!! Cristina just read this one! ““Ricochet” and talk about doing a 180! Whew that book is not for the light hearted, but with that cover and blurb?! Couldn’t resist! Another one off my TBR list. It was fantastic, but has some graphic violence, so beware if that’s not your thing. Me? I’m more HBO than Lifetime. It had me on the edge of my seat! LOVED IT! Shared it with my hubby and he was impressed!“
- For those of you that missed it ➜ Maryse’s 2015 Top Ten Favorite Books List!! AND!! 2015 Reader Favorites!
- And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s)
- The Darkest Fire (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter – January 18th 2016
- Time and Space by Rachel Robinson – January 18th 2016
- Hard Ever After (Hard Ink) by Laura Kaye – January 19th 2016
- Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City Book 5) by Penny Reid – January 19th 2016
- Feverborn: A Fever Novel by Karen Marie Moning <— January 19th 2015
- Cunning (Infidelity Book 2) by Aleatha Romig – January 19th 2015
- Rapturous (Quantum Series Book 4) by M.S. Force – January 19th 2015
- Tempted, Twisted, Tamed: The Dark Protectors Novellas by Rebecca Zanetti – January 19th 2015
- Blue: A Novel by Danielle Steele – January 19th 2015
- Appealed by Emma Chase – January 19th 2015
- Naughty Wishes Part I: Body by Joey W. Hill – January 19th 2015
- Forgotten Promises by Jessica Lemmon – January 19th 2015
- Xavier Cold (Hard Knocks Book Two) (Hard Knocks Book Series 2) by Michelle A. Valentine <— January 20th 2016
- Sketch by Laramie Briscoe – January 21st 2016
- Glass Sword (Red Queen) by Victoria Aveyard – February 9th 2016
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead – April 5th 2016
- A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses) by Sarah J. Maas <— May 3rd 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).