One of my favorite parts of the week!! Backtracking through my fellow readers’ recommendations and bargain finds to see all that I’ve been missing while I’ve been in my own reading-world. *squeeeeee* This list looks phenomenal this week! Lots of new ones that I haven’t seen before. I’ve got three books already lined up for this weekend. Now if I could just get my surroundings to leave me in peace, I might actually finish ’em all. Well, hopefully at least two. 😉
Okay wait, now that I’m done creating the list, here are my own personal “I MUST READs”. These are the suggestions that gave me an excited knot in my stomach and have me cursing the amount of reading time I actually have, ’cause I’ll never get all of these read in just one weekend. I can only choose two for this weekend, hopefully get to them all this upcoming week, and not get sidetracked with a bunch more new recommendations… I’m flighty when it comes to my TBR list. Spur of the moment changes… always.
So here’s my own “gonna try to get to this week” list: The Last Hour, Everything Changes, Diamond Girl, Elite, Rules of Entanglement and After Hours. Oh and Wanderlust. Oh and Mafia Captive. Oh!!! And… oh never mind. If I continue listing ’em it’ll end up being pretty much… the entire list below. GAH!!! 😀
Okay so here are the whole lot of them. PLENTY to choose from and they all look good!
- The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters) by Charles Sheehan-Miles <— just released (and bargain priced!) – I enjoyed the first two books in the series and shall be reading this one, too!! And!! I hear this is a serious tear-jerker and some difficult subject matter…
- The Prelude (A Musical Interlude Novel) by KaSonndra Leigh <— Thanks for bringing this super-bargain to my attention, Lynn. Nope, I haven’t read it yet either, but that synopsis and that price says I think I’ll give it a go! 😉
- Surrender Your Love by J.C> Reed <— still on super-sale! (thanks Sharon!)
- The Good Life by Jodie Beau <— this one sounds fun and uplifting! “… when Roxie’s charmed life is turned upside down, her best-friend creates The Good Life List to help turn it back around. The instructions are simple: Complete each task on the Good Life List by the end of the summer.” Thanks Sharon for pointing out the super-bargain!
- Everything Changes by Shey Stahl <—just released & it’s a Supercross racer!!! Ohhh Shey and her sexy racing bad-boys make a great book! After her “Jameson”, I can’t wait to read this one! Actually I just read the synopsis and OMG I feel like I have to read this one tonight. I’m so in the mood for that famous guy that has his hooks in the normal girl, and the whole lifestyle whirlwind that accompanies it. Oh yes. I bought it. Thanks Rose!
- This Love of Mine (Raine Series #1) by Amanda Bennett <— Nancy just found us this new release!
- Promise Me Darkness by Paige Weaver <— Beth says: “… it is amazing!! It starts off just an angsty romance (new adult) but turns into so much more (with lots more angst!) I stayed up late reading this one, and am still thinking about it! It is book one…so be prepared for a cliffhanger!”
- Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance) by Larissa Ione <— Aimee found us this paranormal sale-priced book! I loved this author’s previous series, and this is the spin-off. 🙂
- Diamond Girl (‘G-Man Series’) by Andrea Smith <— not the most bargain or bargain priced books but under $5 and since I just realized it’s a biker/motorcycle club romance book, I’m adding it! Also, after this adamant recommendation from Yvette, I just downloaded my own sample! “OMG I LOVED it!!! I highly recommend this book!!!!”
- Going Under by S. Walden <— this one is still being highly recommended on a regular basis, but beware!! Difficult subject matter. Still, those that recommend, loved it! Sally said: “…I tend to like the REALLY dark books & I won’t lie in the beginning I thought that this just wasn’t that dark. Well shut my mouth! I felt everything this character felt & then some. 5 star read for me.” Tiffany loved it, too and reiterates: “… but be warned to it is a tough subject, even if beautifully written!”
- Resisting Her by Kendall Ryan <— Just released and Beverly said: “Read this one yesterday. It was pretty good.”
- Give Me Love (Give Me #1) by Kate McCarthy <— Andrea says: “I really liked this one, it had me cracking up so many times. It’s a lot like a KA’s Rock Chick!”
- VAIN by Fisher Amelie <— this is a gorgeous story and I loved it. Now… it’s not “steamy” per se, but the romance was still highly affecting, and the story was a unique breath of fresh air. (here’s my review –> Vain)
- Elite (Eagle Elite) by Rachel Van Dyken <— ooooh!! This is a new one for me, and it looks good! Tiffany says: “Elite by Rachel Van Dyken was a GREAT read!! ALL sorts of twists and turns and heart stopping moments!!! Loved it!! Can. Not. Wait for the second book…No cliffhanger..” and Jackie agrees: “Elite was not what I expected. Loved it!”
- Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino <— Sabrina says: “Just finish Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino— this is a good one ladies!!! I love Will!!!!!!!! No cliffhanger — you get a Epilogue –;c)” and Erin agrees: “Just finished it and loved Will!!! Now I need something raunchy after all that sweetness. Lol!! Gotta keep it balanced” <— LOL!!! 😉 and Claudia first pointed it out to us saying: “If you love GOOD music and like an amazing writing, this book is for you”
- Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love) by Gina Maxwell <— We already know I wanna read this one, BAD! Well, Jillian just made me that much more excited when she said: “Rules of Entanglement by Gina L. Maxwell was fabulous!! MMA fighter book – seriously one of the better books I’ve read lately! LOVED it!”
- After Hours: (InterMix) by Cara McKenna <— I found this one while making my “Latest releases” post, and I still have it high on my TBR list.
- Monster (Impossible #1) by Julia Sykes <– criminals and kidnapping a female doctor to fix one of ’em! Tiffany liked these: “The Books Monster and Traitor by Julia Sykes were very GOOD!! Third book comes out soon!”
- Traitor (Impossible #2) by Julia Sykes
- Wanderlust by Skye Warren <— read at your own risk (and I will!!). This is one of those kinds of “dark reads”. True dark (and you know me and those… I have a love/hate relationship with ’em but can’t stay away). Lesley says: “I really liked it, a lot. The beginning, particularly, is very dark though. But I like my reads super-dark. As Joanna said, it was definitely well written.”
- Twice Tempted: A Night Prince Novel by Jeaniene Frost <— in the mood for a sexy vampire read. Jeaniene does ’em right!! I love this author (thanks to Sharon for pointing out the bargain deal).
- Broken At Love (Whitman University) by Lyla Payne <— Ivannie says “it’s good!” and Jackie “Loved it!”
- A Different Blue by Amy Harmon <— still often recommended and Kyle just said: “So, if you aren’t already reading A Different Blue by Amy Harmon, you need to ASAP. One of the best, most emotional books I have ever read!!!!” and Ruth said: “I’m like a walking zombie today because I was up to 3am reading this. So good, finished it this morning.” Erin stayed up, too: ” Just finished it. I have a love hate relationship with books that make me cry. But it def was good kept me up til 3am.”
- Obsession: Darkness Falls by Ivory Quinn —> Rock star alert!! Dawn loved it! “It’s amaze-balls. Put me through the wringer. I finished it this morning and am still thinking about it.”
- Mafia Captive by Kitty Thomas <— JUST RELEASED!!! Okay I am a HUGE fan of Kitty’s so I’m on this, but beware of DARKNESS. If you like dark reads with well… really rough scenes and situations, this might be for you. Her books are more like psychological thrillers for me (but even darker than that… captive issues etc.. You know what I’m getting at). Not hugely bargain-priced but under $5 so I’m adding it here.
- Touch Me (One Night with Sole Regret) by Olivia Cunning <— just released and bargain priced too!!