<— Book #2 (MANIC: Rook and Ronin, #2) for this one just came out and I almost forgot the crazy enthusiastic recommendations I received for book #1 (TRAGIC: Rook and Ronin, #1! Very excited. How did this get pushed down on my TBR list?
Oh and okay… so here’s my personal bargain ebook recommendation today —> Damaged and the Beast by Bijou Hunter. Most of you already know ’cause of my “currently reading” post below, but I just wanted to let you know I’m at 80% and still all-in!
It’s a TOTAL guilty pleasure and the bad-boy in this is INTENSE and kinda scary, you guys. But I can’t help but totally connect to him and his off-the-wall reactions and his super sexy alpha-ness. Eeeeeeep! And ahhhhhhhh! And *swooooooooon* LOVE! Sometimes my brain tells my eyes that I should be eye-rolling (and my legs that I should be running in the other direction), but my heart tells my brain to shut-it!!! 😉
Ad here are today’s latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
- Grade A Stupid (The Darcy Walker Series) by A.J. Lape <— Jelca recommends these two super-bargains: “AJ Lape, the author of 2 great and funny books of a girl with attitude, is having a sale till end of July. I read both and strongly recommend.”
- No Brainer (The Darcy Walker Series) by A.J. Lape
- The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies #1) by Tarryn Fisher <— book #1 and this trilogy (now that it’s finally finished) is making huge waves amongst us all over again! Jeannie just read book #1 saying: “To those people who said I HAVE to read the Opportunist – I blame you all for the sobbing, broken mess I am right now.” Tee hee!!! Don’t stop now, Jeannie!
- LOST BOY by Tara Brown <—- YAY!!! Just released, and it’s the companion novel to her book “The Lonely” (which I really enjoyed! It’s Dark!) – Thank you Janet!!!
- The Lonely by Tara Brown <—- THIS is the book to read before the one above, and is so good! (check out my review)
- Tattoos: A Novel by Denise Mathew <— Kat found us this one
- Seithe (Pravus) by Poppet <— Aimee found us this paranormal romance read! I read it and really liked it a year or two ago. It’s SUPER dark and kind of creepy, but… sometimes funny, too. Intense!! Here’s my review.
- Escaping Reality (New Adult Romance) (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen) by Lisa Renee Jones <— lots are loving this brand new release but beware of intense cliffhanger, I’ve been told. Jules says: “Just finished Escaping Reality. It was sexy, mysterious and unpredictable. Kept me guessing the entire time. I need answers! Huge cliffhanger. 4 stars for me. Can’t wait for the sequel, Infinite Possibilities in October!”
- Worthy of Redemption (Accidentally on Purpose) by L.D. Davis <— book #2 just released and Jennifer says “Loved.”
- Accidentally on Purpose by L.D. Davis <— and here’s book #1
- MANIC: Rook and Ronin, #2 by JA Huss <— Kandace says: “YAY!! Manic by JA Huss was released this week. I’m reading this one next. Can’t wait to see what happens next with Rook and Ronin.”
- TRAGIC: Rook and Ronin, #1 by JA Huss <— and here’s book #1! OMG this one has come HIGHLY recommended over and over again. Like this one from Jennifer: “OMG THIS BOOK WAS FANTASTIC (yes, I’m shouting!!!) I felt like I ripped off the author! It is a definite must read!!! Dying to hear your thoughts once you’re done!”
- Unbreakable by Rebecca Shea <– Kat found us this brand new release, and so far the reviews look good!! Falls for her best friend’s brother… “But what happens when a tragedy abruptly changes the course of your life?”
- Undescribable by Shantel Tessier <— Kandace is enjoying it! “Ladies…I’m 75% into Undescribable by Shantel Tessier and I’m luving it. I love Slade’s dirty thoughts. He can be my reformed playboy anytime. It has a his and her POV. I love reading Slade’s. There is just something about getting a glimpse into a male character’s head. Nope, its not a deep emotional type of book.. perfect book if you’re looking for a fun read.”
- Paint Me Beautiful: a Tale of Anorexia, a Love Story, and the Rebirth of Claire Simone (A Duet) by C.M Stunich <— Lori found us these: “Complete Series Books 1 & 2 Paint Me Beautiful & Color Me Pretty by C.M. Stunich…”
- Color Me Pretty: a Tale of Recovery, a Happily Ever After, and the Success of Claire Simone (A Duet) by C.M. Stunich
- Lifeless (Volume 1) by J.M. La Rocca <— Ooooooh famous guy read looks so good!! “…she gets assigned to EA’s newest client, Kade Evans, rock star turned actor. Not only is he a drug addict, he’s also known for never dating the same girl twice. He’s tall, dark, and handsome, has an amazing voice, and good acting skills, but he’s also arrogant and intense … But Kade’s life is full of secrets. His past has now intruded on his present and when Scarlett finds out what his secrets are, the real deception begins.”
- Coming Home: Jackson Falls Book 1 (Jackson Falls Series) by Laurie Breton<– Each book in the series (thanks Lori and Kat!)
- Sleeping With the Enemy: Jackson Falls Book 2 (Jackson Falls Series) by Laurie Breton
- Days Like This: Jackson Falls Book 3 (Jackson Falls Series) by Laurie Breton
- The Next Little Thing: A Jackson Falls Mini (Jackson Falls Series) by Laurie Breton
- The Devil’s Eyes by Jennifer Loren<— (in the mood for mafia/gangster books?) Johanna says: “Great series! IMO each book gets better and better.. Nick is freakn HOT..”
- After Tuesday by Renee Ericson <— Aimee found us this deal!
- All She Wanted (Letting Go) by Nicole Deese <— Lori found us this deal! “… She is forced to face the music: four weeks house arrest. Briggs is the carefree, charming, yet all-too-mouthy fireman who is asked to keep an eye on the pretty little spitfire. He quickly learns, however, that his first assessment of her was off—she’s tougher than she looks. When her stubborn resolve pushes his sanity and intercepts his heart, his loyalties are put to the test.”
- Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino <— one of my favorites! (see my review)
- More Than This by Jay McLean <— Lori found us this deal!
- Is This All There Is? by Patricia Mann <— gorgeous new cover a (Oh! This one looks like it could be angsty… 35 year old married woman shares a kiss with her 21 year old former student…)
- Who He Is (FireNine #1) by S.Q. Williams <— Ivannie recommends this one (rock star book!): “Just finished Who He Is by Shanora Williams!!! It was really good! Of course there’s a second book, but at least we have to wait until September!!!”
- When You’re Ready by J.L. Berg <—New release! “Years after suffering the tragic loss of her husband, Ethan, which left her alone to raise their young daughter, Clare Murray still holds the last letter he wrote with the words “When You’re Ready” written in his familiar messy handwriting, unable to break its weathered seal. Ready for what?”
- Tall, Tatted and Tempting (The Reed Brothers) by Tammy Falkner <— brought to my attention by Donya… 375 pages!!
Thank you for the mention! 🙂 <3
Tall, Tatted and Tempting was really good. Its actually not really that long. She put two different versions of the book in the same edition. I still would recommend it though!
My pleasure J.A.!!
And thank you Cari!
Coming Home, Accidentally on Purpose and Worthy of Redemption, great reads!!!!
I’m going to finish Damaged and the Beast, and I don’t know what to choose next. Either the follow up of that story, or Shay Savaged “Evan Arden” series that looks so good and frenzy-inducing, and/or “Seize Me”.
Hrmmm… what to choose, what. to. choose.
Tragic was ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐’s for me! I LOVED IT!!! Thanks for letting us know “Manic” is out now! Yay!!!
p.s. “Damaged and the Beast” is also keeping my attention
YAY!! That’s right, I’m still trying to choose my next read, and Tragic is up there on my list, too.
I LOVED tragic I could not put it down I’m going to start Manic now yaaay
Read the Evan Arden series. Two books so far…. third on the way… so good!
But but… The cliffhanger… Oh but I wanna read ’em so bad!
Go. For. It…
Bound by Ivy is out as wellhttps://www.amazon.com/Bound-Ivy-Devoted-Book-ebook/dp/B00E5IB12E/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374892483&sr=1-3
Liked the Evan Arden series okay – not as good as Surviving Raine. I’m thinking you will LOVE Seized – dark and very gritty – Madeline Sheehan style!
Maryse have you read Driven yet by K. Bromberg? I saw a mention of it on your site a ways back but no review. Loved, loved, loved it!!! The reviews are true on this one! I was shocked to find out it was a debut for the author. Talk about a strong heroine, sexual tension snapping off the page and who can forget Colton…*sigh* I even think my husband was a little jealous of my time spent with hot, delectable, race car driving alpha Colton…hold on a sec while I daydream…lol…sorry, I’m back – it’s a must read…right up there with some of the best! And so excited book 2 Fueled is out in August so not too long to wait!
Not yet, but I know it was on my TBR list! Lemme go back and see what I was up to with that. I love race car drivers!!
Manic!!! Yeah!!!! Im downloading it today!!!! Cant wait. Loved Tragic!!
Grade A Stupid and No Brainer by AJ Lape are great! Awesome deal for just 99 cents. Funny, clever and intricately woven YA mystery/thrillers.
Saving Ella!!! Super read…