Happy 4th of July to all of my America friends and fellow readers! I’m hoping we don’t get rained out of a fun fireworks display (it’s the rainy season here in Florida), but if I do get “rained in”, I’ll read to my hearts content, instead. A different kind of “fireworks”, perhaps? 😉
I did things a little differently this time. I looked through the ton of reader recommendations that came our way in the comments, via my “favorites” list, my TBR lists, or “What to Read After…” etc etc… and OH MY GOODNESS!! There are SO many “new-to-me” books that look SO good, that I almost missed! I couldn’t help but have them take up the bulk of today’s Reader Recommendations list. The majority of ’em are bargain priced, too!
From books that will make us cry (and most likely SOB!) to eerie sounding dark reads, to reclusive heroes, to epic sounding love stories, this list is SURE to fill our long weekend with emotion. Maybe even put us in a love fog? I’d LOVE to hear it if you find one. Or one not even on here, yet. 🙂
Here are just a few that have me excited to try ’em: Jamie (recluse!), All of Me (anti-social H!), Years (has been on my TBR list of awhile, and I really need to get to this!), If I’d Never Known Your Love (sounds CRAZY, and the way that blurb ends made me *gasp*). After I Do is next for me (tonight!) and Rainfall is also next but I’m scared!! I don’t “know” the details exactly (please don’t give me any details… I already feel I have to much info from the comments that have been left). And now… me. <— chicken!!
Oh and don’t forget THIS upcoming release (on Tuesday!!!) *squeeeeeee!!!* Kristen Ashley’s The Promise (The ‘Burg Series Book 5). He has feelings for his dead brother’s girl. Mine! Mine, mine all mine!! 😀 *happy dance* I saw her last weekend a TON and had the time of my life. Awwww now I miss everyone again. I’m lonely. Hug?
*sigh* LOL! Oh yeah! And In the next few days I’m going to put up a new TBR list that will be LOADED with the books that gave me *blurb jolts* over the last few months. It’s gonna be a long list of all those that I still want to read. You know… the ones that I’ve been highlighting in these lists. I need to consolidate them all on one, so I can get cracking! 😉
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- The Mystic Series Set: Books 1-3 by B.C. Burgess <— Here’s one that I just one-clicked and it’s THREE BOOKS bundled right now. Sherry brought it to my attention saying: “Read Descension by B.C.Burgess. Made me bawl like a baby. Box of tissue bawl!!!” <— YES PLEASE!!! 😀
- After I Do: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— Definitely not bargain priced, but I one-clicked it anyway. Synopsis makes this one sound like TOTALLY my thing, angst-wise (married couple separate for a year… and all that goes along with that) and the reviews coming in are GREAT! Jules says: “Loved! This book has a real feel to it. A must read if you’ve been married for a long time. Made me think about my own marriage.”
- Rainfall by Melissa Delport <— Back on the list ’cause I haven’t gotten to it just yet, and I don’t want to forget! Plus, Summer recommends it! (as does everyone these days, it would seem). She says: “I was in a slump and just finished Rainfall by Melissa Delport I recommend it. It was different from anything I have ever read. It’s emotional but so good! It was also only 99 cents.”
- Beloved (The Belonging Series #1) by Corinne Michaels <— Aimee said: “wow…did you see the ratings and comments on this one….looks and sounds really good.” Oh yeah? Lemme look! Yep! TONS of AWESOME reviews… WHOA! The blurb doesn’t give me much of jolt but skimming the reviews sure did! “When her world literally collided with the sexy former Navy SEAL, everything she always believed is turned upside down and left scattered. He made her feel alive and desirable, consumed her with fierceness and loyalty—which completely unnerved her. Jackson got her in a way no one ever had, giving him the power to destroy her.“
- Nero (Made Men Book 1) by Sarah Brianne <— Lemon recommends this one! “Mafia alert…. Nero by Sarah brianne released last week. A 5star read for me.” <— Eighteen year old high school students… he’s popular, and she’s bullied. But… “The mob boss gave him orders to find out what she knows.” Good reviews so far!
- Lock & Key (The One-Eyed Jacks MC Book 1) by Cat Porter <— BIKER BOOK ALERT (recently released) and already plenty of great reviews! “I was allegedly South Dakota’s most famous Old Lady. Fifteen years ago I had survived my Old Man’s murder and swore to myself never again. Never again surrender my heart. Never again sacrifice to the Club. But that all changed in one night. I came home and crashed into him, and my past and present blew up in my face.“
- Making Faces by Amy Harmon <— OMG ’cause I LOVED IT!!!! Here’s my 5-star review! 😀
- King (The VIP Room Book 3) by Jamie Begley <— RECENTLY RELEASED!! Spinoff of a biker series (I won’t read the blurb yet, though just in case).
- Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey <— and “oldie but goodie”. I haven’t read it yet *slaps hands* and I KNOW I’ll love it. Too many awesome recommendations keep coming my way for it. Like this one from Colleen: “I just got done reading Shine not Burn and loved. I am look for more hot cowboys to read about.” <— anyone have any suggestions on what cowboy read she should read next? Maybe I’ll make a cowboy list.
- Until Alex by J. Nathan <— Here’s a recent release that has that angsty-blurb thing going on! She’s suffering a loss and he’s hiding himself: “…though he’d die before letting Alex learn the truth about him, he can’t be sure he’s strong enough to let her in…or push her away. She’s the one person who just might see the real him.“
- Dirty Little Secret (Heaven Hill Book 5) by Laramie Briscoe <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! & RECENTLY RELEASED!! I won’t read the blurb, ’cause you know… it’s book #5. 😉 (Here’s the series reading order)
- Wrecking Ball by B.N. Toler <— Andrea recommends this one! It’s from back in April!!
Andrea: Maryse, I finished Wrecking Ball by BN Toler today and it was brilliant. It was written so beautifully with so many real life emotions and situations. I questioned myself and what decision I would make so many times…but the book itself was so beautiful but heartbreaking. I bawled, but was left feeling so satisfied. It was a huge 5 star read!
Julie: Amazinggggg book!!!!
Maryse’s Book Blog: Sounds awesome!!!!!
Stephanie: Andrea, I didn’t realize that I own this book. I ‘ll add it to my TBR list. Thanks for pointing it out.
Julie: Stephanie you will love it!!
- Jamie by Lori Foster <— RECLUSE ALERT!! This one’s on the edge of my usual “bargain pricing” range, but I know this author is quite popular and that synopsis makes this book sound right up my alley! PLUS!! Elaine recommended it on our Hermit/Recluse list! “There’s one I checked out at my local library called Jamie…..total hermit meets lost woman near his cabin, takes her in, resists her sexual desires for him, tortures the reader in all the right ways, and there’s also a paranormalish back plot…..loved it……“
- For Your Sake by Elayne DiSano <— BIKER BOOK ALERT and plenty of great reviews! Julie O recommends it: “I read “For Your Sake”, a biker book that I liked. An easy read, not too gruesome for a biker book, but got hooked on it.” and it’s super bargain priced! “...when near-fatal circumstances puts her on Ben’s radar, she finds herself being shadowed by a man as dangerous as his club’s whispered reputation. Before she knows it, Eva finds herself breaking her own protective rules, allowing the imposing biker into her life where his outlaw lifestyle challenges her civilian one. Their attraction is instant and explosive – and one neither one can afford……nor resist. But when the club finds a connection between Eva and a current threat, it jeopardizes the fragile trust between her and a man who holds no forgiveness for betrayal– and may wind up his target because of it.” <—- *eeeeeeeep!!!*
- Tangled (The Tangled Series) by Emma Chase is on sale right now (thanks Mary Ann!!) I really liked this one! (Here’s my review)
- All of Me by Gina Sorelle <— <— ANTI-SOCIAL HERO/COP ALERT!! Recommended by Rosheen: “It may be out there but All of Me by Gina Sorelle. The H was definately aloof and anti social and in addtion it’s got the angst.” YAY ME!!!! And Teri agrees: “just finished “all of Me” by Gina Sorelle! What a fantastic read! Hero is an extremely damaged alpha with child abuse and PTSD issues. Heroine is a feisty Italian nurse who goes after what she wants. A realistic, moving story.Highly recommended!” And Bev says: “I really liked Stella and Nathan with his “screwed up adorableness.” Nathan had a awkwardness and vulnerability that reminded me a little bit of Matt’s in night owl.” <— WHOA!!!! THIS BOOK IS FOR ME!!! —> She survived a disease, he survived four tours in Afghanistan (and he’s now a police officer) and… “From the moment Nathan nearly arrests Stella on, sparks fly, limits are tested, and boundaries are shattered. A tenuous, tender friendship quickly evolves into something powerful and passionate they cannot wish away or control. But as they grow closer, new issues arise and old hurts resurface, threatening to destroy their fragile new beginning.” MINE!!!!
- Uncovering You 1: The Contract (Uncovering You, #1) by Scarlett Edwards <— DARK READ ALERT!! It’s a “serial” series but looks goooood. She awakes in a cell, chained up and forced upon a contract. Annie recommends it: “Uncovering you by scarlett edwards is a dark read but so good I highly recommend it if you liked consequences books then you will like these book three is due out any day now and I can’t wait as I couldn’t put first two down, Jeremy is a psycho!“
- Uncovering You 2: Submission (Uncovering You, #2) by Scarlett Edwards <— and here’s the 2nd one (there are 4 out so far, and book 5 should be coming out sometime this month, and the author says: “I’ll double the length. Uncovering You 5 is going to encompass the plot I originally had for UY5 and 6. It will be full and meaty and freaking awesome. No more short serials. Instead, you get full books.”) <— Well this sounds great to me!! 😀
- The Sordid Promise (A Sordid Love #1) by Courtney Lane <— DARK READ ALERT!!! Michelle recommends this one saying: “Just read The Sordid Promise by Courtney Lane….LOVED IT!!!!!! seriously had me going, dark-ish, great twist, love story with an ending BUT there will be a book 2.” <— Oh yah. This one DOES sound intriguing: “Eric Brenton, Nikki’s new neighbor, lives in a dark, chaotic world that is easily hidden behind his model good looks and cocky demeanor. Unapologetic about his dirtier intentions, he sets his sights on Nikki with an offer to help her. But his help comes with very unorthodox conditions and a huge price.“
- Leave a Trail (Signal Bend Series Book 7) by Susan Fanetti <— BIKER ALET!! I keep hearing how intense and awesome this biker series is, and the last book was just released. Jessica says: “68% through “leave a trail” by Susan Fanetti – the last signal bend book! Gah! Things are getting tense and I just can’t prepare myself for this series to be over I need one more book so I can see Nolan’s story – wah!” Here is the Signal Bend Series Reading Order
- Take Me, Break Me, Book 1 (Pierced Hearts) by Cari Silverwood <— DARK READ ALERT! Mann recommended it awhile ago, saying: “Another awesome one is Take Me, Break Me by Cari Silverwood. Read it a few days ago and just found out the sequel is coming out in a couple of days… This one will make you squirm and it is super hot!” – from the blurb: “Capture fantasies rule Jodie’s eBook. Re-enacting one in a documentary would surely be irresistible viewing to millions of women? But Jodie and Klaus discover that underneath an ordinary man dark desires may lurk. What will win in the end? The man and lover, or the monster?”
- Bind and Keep Me, Book 2 (Pierced Hearts) by Cari Silverwood <— here’s #2!!!
- Make me Yours Evermore, Book 3 (Pierced Hearts) by Cari Silverwood <— and here’s #3!!!
- Drowning (Tears of Sin Series Book 1) byRachel Firasek <— Recommended by Kelsey: “An interesting and suspenseful read with lots of Romance too.” Okay, lemme take a look at that blurb. 🙂 Oh nooooo I think he’s playing with fire! He… “…seeks the dark that keeps Alice from enjoying life. He challenges her to exorcise the demons in her past in order to discover the true meaning of love. But when the walls fall down, the hidden deceptions will bare the ugly truth about a woman drowning in sorrow and a man who may not know how to be her hero.“
- Home Front: A Novel by Kristin Hannah <— CRY ALERT!! Okay not bargain priced, but definitely reader recommended, and her recommendation made me *snort*. Jennifer says: “OMG I cried for 4 hours straight. My eyes were a wreck the next day. I’m sooo glad my husband and son weren’t home. They would have laughed their butts off. jerks.” <— 😛 LOL!!!! That is adorable, and now I must check out this blurb! Oh no my heart is already clenching!! “Like many couples, Michael and Jolene Zarkades have to face the pressures of everyday life—children, careers, bills, chores—even as their twelve-year marriage is falling apart. Then an unexpected deployment sends Jolene deep into harm’s way and leaves defense attorney Michael at home, unaccustomed to being a single parent to their two girls.“
- Night Road (Reading Group Gold) by Kristin Hannah <— and Erin likes THIS one even better. Again, not bargain priced, but sometimes a book is so good, I don’t mind the cost. The feeling is worth it, you know? Erin says: “If you want a book that will make you bawl read “The night road” by Kristin Hannah. Omg!!!! This one hits all the fear and pain when you are a parent. So so so good. I also just read “Home Front” by Kristin Hannah. Also made me cry but not quite as good as the night road.“
- Years by LaVyrle Spencer <— This one’s making another appearance ’cause it’s one of my mom’s and my aunt’s FAVORITE book. And Bridget agrees: “Favorite book ever!” <— OH YES! 😀 It’s a historical I’ve been told, but don’t let that make you shy. It seems this one will make you LOVE it. He’s moody, and she’s a a new schoolteacher in town. “… her train is met by a cantankerous wheat farmer named Theodore Westgaard who doesn’t bother to hide his displeasure when he discovers that L.I. Brandenborg is a woman and not the man he was expecting. Westgaard thinks twice about bringing Linnea home to live with him, but he soon realizes that he has no choice.” <— WHOA! That there already seems right up our alley. I can already see this…
- Falling for Hadie by Komal Kant <— lots of great reviews and Holly recommends it! “Just finished ‘falling for hadie’ by Komal Kant and I am still crying. I sobbed by the end of the book and it takes a lot for me to cry. Great book which makes you rethink your outlook on life.” Oh yes… another angst sounding blurb that has me intrigued! “After moving to a new town to escape the problems plaguing him, he is set against ever getting close to anyone again. When Hadie and Lincoln’s worlds collide, their intrigue for one another leads them to open up to each other against their better judgment. Despite the attraction that is pulling them together, insecurities, secrets, and shattered hopes stand in the way of them ever being together.“
- If I’d Never Known Your Love by Georgia Bockoven <— Becky recommends this one!! “Just finished If I’d Never Known Your Love by Georgia Bockoven. I cried more than a few times. Blurb: “I’m going to miss you. Every minute of every hour ” <— Oh gosh. I’m already getting misty eyed. Do I want to continue reading this blurb? *sniff sniff* Oh WOW!! Okay… HE’S kidnapped, and she is going crazy trying to find him. “Until she receives a call that shatters her hopes of Evan’s return. But then…” <— But then!!??? But then WHAT!???? GAH!!!! MINE!!!!
- Dangerous Passion by Lisa Marie Rice <— not exactly bargain priced, but Tracey recommends it! “Have you read Dangerous Passion by Lisa Marie Rice? Drake is and arms dealer and a serious bad guy- he kills three men at his first meeting with the heroine. I wasn’t sure if I’d like him, but I just could help falling in love. Lisa Marie Rice writes really incredible heroes – possessive and passionate.“
- Seduction & Sacrifice by Miranda Lee <— oh another oldie but goodie? This is from the comments in our “taboo-ish list” (looks like the entire series is made up of standalones and touches on taboo topics). Tarryn says: “Miranda Lee’s Hearts of Fire series really stays with you. I read it years ago and nothing I’ve read since compares to it in intensity. Age issues! Lots of other issues…” and with that LAST line in the blurb, yep. I can already feel the turmoil. “Zachary Marsden—loyal, handsome, protective, he was the perfect husband, and Lenore had secretly loved him for years. Only, she also knew that her ideal man would never leave his wife….” <— *eeeeeep!!*
- Keeping Pace by Dee Carney <— older woman/younger man alert!! Marta recommends it: “She is 39 and lost her husband to cancer and he is 26 and the son of her next door neighbours. Some angst due to her reservations with age difference but lots of chemistry and he is SO SO HOOOOOT and a HOT NERD (PHD in Physics)!!! Must read xxxx“
- All He Wants (All or Nothing) by C.C. Gibbs <— TINGLE ALERT!! Paige recommends this one: “check out All He Wants by C.C. Gibbs if you haven’t already. Made me tingle for sure!” Well!!! 😛
- Playing in the Rain by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— Gabri loves it! “Aww, I just finished Playing in the Rain, a novella by Jane Harvey-Berrick and I’m truly in awe of such a talented writer. Even in a short format like the novella, you get to experience the same emotional involvement a full novel is more likely to provide. And what a sweet, sweet romance indeed.” and Kirsten too! “I really loved it too. Plus I got it for a great price.” Yep.
- JADED (Jaded Series Book 1) by Tijan is on sale right now! (Thanks Stephanie!) “Sheldon doesn’t care about anyone except Corrigan and Bryce. The three of them rule their school, but it seems someone else wants in on the action or that someone else just wants Sheldon. How many bodies is enough to prove their love to her?” Whoa… i have no idea what that means, but it sounds fun!
- Rushed (The Rushed Series Book 1) by Gina Robinson <— RECENTLY RELEASES. College Sorority girl —>”…houseboys are off limits, and my parents would cut me off if they ever found out I’m dating one, I just can’t stay away. I pledge the house for all the wrong reasons.“
- Before Jamaica Lane (Dublin Street) by Samantha Young <— Stephanie says: The follow-up to the runaway bestsellers ON DUBLIN STREET and DOWN LONDON ROAD…Before Jamaica Lane (Dublin Street) by Samantha Young Huge savings: On SALE!” (thanks Stephanie!!!
- Shattered Promises by J.R. Grant <— Tasha found us this one, saying: “Shattered Promises by J.R. Grant is on sale until 7-6. I adored this one. Definitely a must read.” Oh yes I remember reading this blurb!! “What do you do when you find out your marriage was nothing but a lie? Do you stand by the one person who destroys your world? Or do you let go, and leave everything behind to start all over again?“
- The Forgotten Girl by Jessica Sorensen <— (thanks Shelby!!) “Twenty-three year-old Maddie Asherford is haunted by a past she can’t remember. When she was fifteen years old, there was a tragic accident and she was left with amnesia. In the aftermath, Maddie’s left struggling with who she is—the forgotten girl she was eight years ago or the Maddie she is now. Sometimes it even feels like she might be two different people completely—the good Maddie and the bad one.“
- Take My Hand Series Box Set: Volumes 1-4 by Nicola Haken <— Shelby found us this bundled! (she says “…which is normally 6.49”)
- Live In Positionby Saide Grubor <— Shelby found out this one’s on sale. I remember chatting about this blurb with I think… Jean? She works for a guy she calls “The antichrist). LOL!
- The Broken Parts Of Us by Ker Dukey <— and Shelby found out that all (most?) of this author’s books are on sale today, too! 😀
- The Promise (The ‘Burg Series Book 5) by Kristen Ashley <— expected release date this TUESDAY July 8th 2014!! Oh it sounds awesome!!!
“Since his brother’s death, Benny Bianchi has been nursing his grudge against the woman he thinks led to his brother’s downfall. He does this to bury the feelings he has for Francesca Concetti, his brother’s girl. But when Frankie takes a bullet while on the run with Benny’s cousin’s woman, Benny has to face those feelings.
The problem is Frankie has decided she’s paid her penance. Penance she didn’t deserve to pay. She’s done with Benny and the Bianchi family. She’s starting a new life away from Chicago and her heartbreaking history. Benny has decided differently.
But Frankie has more demons she’s battling. Demons Benny wants to help her face. But life has landed so many hard knocks on Frankie she’s terrified of believing in the promise of Benny Bianchi and the good life he’s offering.
Frankie’s new life leads her to The ‘Burg, where Benny has ties, and she finds she not only hasn’t succeeded in getting away, she’s doesn’t want to.”
- My Hunger (Inside Out Series) by Lisa Renee Jones <— expected release date July 7th 2014
- The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3) by Rachel Van Dyken <— expected release date July 8th 2014
- Hudson (Fixed Book 4) by Laurelin Paige <— expected release date July 8th 2014