BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! SUPER KRISTEN ASHLEY BARGAIN ALERT!! Thanks to Lori for this update, all of the released books in Kristen Ashley’s “The ‘Burg” series is on sale today!!! I’ve only read “At Peace” (<— my review) so far but I LOVED it like crazy!!! While they do read well as standalones, I recommend you read in order, ’cause the characters in book #1 appear in book #2 (and I hear it’s really good too!).
- For You (The ‘Burg Series)
- At Peace (The ‘Burg Series)
- Golden Trail (The ‘Burg Series)
- Games of the Heart (The ‘Burg Series)
I was a “good book-girl” this week and backtracked on my TBR list to read an “oldie but goodie” (as per MANY of our fellow readers) recommendations. I found it pretty good, and may continue on with the series right away (readers are telling me the last few in this series are AH-MAZING but that I can’t skip ahead – must be read in order)… but then again, you know me…
Book temptation leads me astray. 😉
So I asked our fellow readers what they were reading last night…
Maryse’s Book Blog: I’m just finishing up “Addicted to You” by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie. Pretty good (and good writing) but I hear the series gets REALLY good with the books that follow it. Sooooo…. What’s everyone reading right now?
… and while of course, many are reading books that we already know and love, I’m delighted to find myself with a whole slew of “new to me” book recommendations! I looked some of ’em up and OMG!!! How did I miss these? Or forget these? Well consider them “missed/forgotten” no more. 😉 I’ve posted a bunch of these new goodies below.
So which ones are making me antsy and my imaginary “Book-Dom” growl at me? ‘Cause you know I totally need one to keep me book-disciplined. Although I rarely listen… *giggle*
Heheh. Okay so… these are making me feel like locking myself away for an entire week (or two) and reading my heart out:
Frenched (’cause come on. I know it’s a romance-winner!), Slade (’cause those reviews are INTENSE about this book), Shine Not Burn (’cause again, what the heck am I waiting for? I just KNOW this one’s gonna “do it” for me and people are loving #2), Breathe (’cause I can’t believe I haven’t read this one yet. Especially since, once upon a time, I was SO excited to discover the shy-librarian finally getting the cop’s attention – how did I miss reading their story when it was finally released??), Hate to Love You (’cause WOW what a unique *eeeeep-factor* story-line and our fellow readers are loving it, and my fellow book-bud Amy is just as titillated as I am and just as book-undisciplined and maybe we should totally read this one together right now??) *whoooooo* I ran out of breath on that run-on rambling sentence. Oh! And this book, too —> BEWARE ’cause the dark-factor and reader recommendation has me wiggling in my seat!
Yah…. my Book-Dom has his work cut out for him. I just… I wanna… *gah!!!* I have to read ’em ALL. At once! At the same time. RIGHT NOW!! Which? Which do I chooooooose? Oh and don’t even get me started in the HIGHLY anticipated pre-orders (I listed ’em below) that are coming out on Monday & Tuesday. Written in My Own Heart’s Blood: A Novel (Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon anyone? *nods*
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Yanked: A Frenched Novella by Melanie Harlow <— JUST RELEASED!!! For those that loved Frenched, here is more (GAH! I need to read it, it’s still hovering on the top of my TBR list!!!). Plus… Cheryl says: “Just finished reading Frenched and it’s novella Yanked. Beautifully written love story that was sweet with some angst thrown in there!! Looks like it will be a series with 2 more books planned!! Yeh more Lucas!!!”
- Frenched by Melanie Harlow <— while we’re talking about it, let’s put Frenched back on the list! 😀
- My Sister’s Bucket List by Crystal G. Smith <— Elizabeth is reading this one, and said: “romance/funny/tear jerker all rolled into one” Oh yeah, this one’s gonna hurt: “After learning of her sister’s illness and the prognosis life has come to a stand still for Selena. It didn’t matter how positive Ali tried to make the current situation, Selena was left feeling hopeless. Then spring cleaning kicks in early and Selena discovers Ali’s bucket list.“
- Slade (Walk Of Shame #1) by Victoria Ashley <—- I think I’m starting this one tonight! This is the one where not only the blurb, but the reviews got so many of us excited to read it ASAP!!! 😀 *happy dance* I think I’m gonna have some fun with this one! 😛
- Room 212 by Kate Stewart <— this one has been mentioned a few times, and by the blurb… I… ? “One very bad night brings her face to face with the one man likely to change her mind about…well…everything.” I have no clue what to expect but I’m intrigued! Especially after Amy’s reaction: “BAM!! Whooo-hoo!! I’m two for two with books I loved, and back to back at that! Room 212 and In the Fields – loved them!! *happy dance*“
- In the Fields by Willow Aster <— and here’s the other book she loved! Amy said: ” I’m just on a book high!! “
- Surviving Raine by Shay Savage <— still on sale right now!!!! I fell HARD for Bastian (the ultimate true-feeling alpha-jerk. Total guy and a total a$$ but SO fun!!!!). He’s a wreck, and I LOVED every bit of this story. *sigh* one of my forever favorites!! (here’s my review)
- Because of Kian (Bitterroot) by Sibylla Matilde <— Hrmmm… this one sounds quite dark indeed. A “messed up” heroine that pushes her BF… “My boyfriend is now my ex and wants revenge. He wants me to pay for turning him into the monster he’s become.” and then… there’s another guy. Well.
- Savage Heart: A Savages MC Biker Romance (Savages Motorcycle Club Book 1) by Sara Fawkes <— BIKER BOOK! Novella length and well… of course I’m totally judging this book by the cover. 😉 Haven’t read it yet! “He makes me feel incredible, at least when he’s not pissing me off. I don’t get his choices or his lifestyle, but there’s so much more to this man than the patches and the motorcycle.”
- Just Not Mine (Escape to New Zealand Book 6) by Rosalind James <— JUST RELEASED, part of a series with repeating characters (but perhaps they can be read as standalones? I shall investigate). Grumpy-sounding rugby player missing his Rugby tour, finds himself living next to… a famous woman? “Josie Pae Ata is a fortunate woman. A new house, good friends, a gorgeous boyfriend–oh, and stardom, too. Getting involved with her new neighbors would bring risks she doesn’t need.”
- Crossing Tinker’s Knob by Inglath Cooper <— sounds like a sweet, deep sorta love story about sacrifice and then finding each other again…
- Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate) by Chelsea Fine <— Oh!! I remember this one when it was released a few months ago (she’s living in her aunt’s “inn” but she realizes she’s near the handyman’s room. And she knows him.) “The handsome quarterback was once her friend-and maybe more–until everything changed in a life-shattering instant. She was hoping to avoid him, possibly forever. Now he’s right down the hall…” Vickie recommends it saying: “♡♡♡ it!!!!!”
- Love, in English by Karina Halle <— awesome book!! I 5-starred it (here’s my review).
- MacKenzie Fire: The Sequel to Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey <— Lori found out that this new release is on sale! *whoooops* not on sale anymore (or is the price/sale fluctuating?) but either way, Donya says: “Read it in one sitting. I loved “Shine, Not Burn”, but I think this one was even better. I laughed out loud at Candice’s antics and Ian went from rude and grouchy to downright adorable!“
- Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey <— you know what? I really need to read this!!! “Andie’s just days away from tying the knot, but there’s just ooooone little glitch. Apparently, she’s already married. Or someone with her name is married to a guy out in Oregon of all places, and the courthouse won’t issue her a marriage license until it’s all cleared up.” Yep….
- NOS4A2 by Joe Hill <— Okay not quite a fit for this list, but I hear it’s good, he’s Stephen King’s son (so yes… horror). In case someone is in the mood for some frights. 😉
- Waiting for Harvey (The Spirits of Maine) by Kim Scott & Lydia North <— while I’m at it, here’s another “frights” book on sale. This one was recommended by Kelley: “It’s a ghost story set in Maine. No way I’m going to a cabin in the woods any time soon!“
- The Resurrection of Aubrey Miller by L.B. Simmons <— Nancy found this one!
- Undone by Rebecca Shea <— Kat found us this one !
- BEWARE by Shanora Williams <— RECENTLY RELEASED and Andrea highly recommends it: “Maryse, I just finished reading BEWARE by Shanora Q. Williams, (released 6/1) and I loved it! I gave me the “feels” BIG TIME! This book was full of so much angst, drama, and love. It had a little bit of everything. It also had a very “mafia” feel to it! It was a definite 5* read for me!” and then… we all got excited and a conversation ensued!
Sally: Oh crap Andrea did you say Mafia feel…why didn’t you tell me that earlier LOL I’m glad I added it
Andrea: They don’t come out and call themselves a mafia Sally, but they totally are. Or something like it
Sally: Thats enough for me
Ratula: Is this like Carter Reed?…
Andrea: Carter Reed didn’t come to mind when reading this so I would say no Ratula…
Lori: well why didn’t you say so
Maryse’s Book Blog: Oooooh well. This looks right up my alley friends!!
Kathy: I gave it 5 stars too! Loved it!!!
- Forgiven (Touched Series #2) by Vicki Green <— JUST RELEASED! (thanks Jasmine!)
- Rome: A Marked Men Novel <— by Jay Crownover <— bad boy books on sale out of this popular series!
- Nash: A Marked Men Novel <— by Jay Crownover <— and this one’s $2.10! (thanks Kat!!)
- Breathe (Colorado Mountain #4) by Kristen Ashley <— Stephanie just found out this one’s on sale (it wasn’t last week when the others in the series went on sale)!!! I just totally one-clicked it, ’cause I can’t believe I haven’t read it yet. Oh yaaaaahh!! I remember being intrigued by these two. I was really into finding out about the whole shy librarian crushing on the cop that we got to experience in the book before this one. And this is it! And I can’t wait to read it, especially ’cause of this part of the blurb —> “For years, Faye has had a crush on Chace Keaton, but the gorgeous cop has always been unattainable.” <— for me!!!! 😀 And Stephanie reminds us that the other Kristen Ashley books in this series are still on sale: “Note: If you missed last week’s sale, 5 of the 6 books are currently listed on SALE (except The Gamble)!“
- Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain #2) by Kristen Ashley <— MY FOREVER FAVORITE 5-STAR I will ALWAYS LOVE TATE as my #1 (or one of my #1’s). This is a MUST-READ for anyone that is new here and hasn’t read it yet… your alpha-male reading world will be rocked!! And it’s on sale today. (my 5 star review)
- Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain #3) by Kristen Ashley <— Ahhhhh TY!!! YOU rocked my world too! (my 5-star review)
- Jagged (Colorado Mountain #5) by Kristen Ashley <— this one holds a VERY special place in my heart. My very own Colorado Mountain Man… *sigh* (my review)
- Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain) by Kristen Ashley <— I haven’t read this one yet (latest release) but I one-clicked it at that price! and Joanna says: “Love these books…. Ugh. Cant wait for the next one!“
- Motorcycle Man (Dream Man) by Kristen Ashley <— one of my 5-star forever favorites!!!! – my review
- Chat by Theresa Rite <— this one was on a recent release list and Lesley says: “Loved Chat and fell in love (again!).”
- Hate to Love You by Elisa Alden <— OH!!! And this is the one from this week’s new release list (she get’s pregnant by her sister’s fiancé!!) that totally jumped on the top of my TBR list. And now MANY are loving this one. Jody says: “I just finished ‘Hate to Love You.’ Loved it! It was a first time I have stayed up until 3am reading in a long time. Didn’t want to put it down.” and Mary recommends it too: “i just read hate to love you. soo good.” and Emma says: “I loved, loved , loved ,,,,,Hate To Love You !” <— I NEED TO READ THIS!
- The Bastard (Baddest Boys in History Book 1) by Inez Kelley <— this is that one from last week’s list that a reader said had that BDB feel, and Erin just read it and said: “great read”. :D!!!!
- Legend by Marie Lu <— on the edge of our “bargain pricing” but looks like a popular dystopian series and Nicole says: “Finishing up the Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu – excellent books!”
- Destroyed by Pepper Winters <— DARK READ (as are many of this authors books) and one that caught my eye upon it’s release ’cause of that blurb. “I didn’t have time to lust after a woman I had no right to lust after. I told myself to shut up and stay hidden. But then she tried to run. I’d tasted what she could offer me and damned if I would let her go.” <—- *eeeep!!* and Nadja is liking it!! “I’m reading “Destroyed” by pepper winters. I’m at 52% now and i love it. It’s pretty intense. But so far i love it and it keeps getting better..”
- Vivian’s List (New Adult Romance) (The List) by Haleigh Lovell <— I keep seeing these mentioned… and again with Jennifer just having finished them: “Just finished Vivian’s List and Liam’s List by Haleigh Lovell.
Soooo good :-))” Her brother’s best friend, huh? Those are fun… 😉
- Liam’s List by Haleigh Lovell <— here’s #2
- Shade’s Fall (The Last Riders) by Jamie Begley <— BIKER BOOK ALERT (He’s an ex-navy seal sniper, now part of an MC). A fellow readers is reading it, and after reading that great-sounding blurb, I now have to investigate this series in full. (I think this is book #4?)
- How to Run with a Naked Werewolf (book #3) by Molly Harper <— Not bargain priced BUT it is a reader recommendation and I must agree! I can attest to love for this series (at least because of my own experience with book #1). Paranormal… sure but TOTALLY contemporary romance-like. Modern, hilarious, swwwwoooooooooon-worthy and oh so steamy. I really need to go back to this series, especially since Georgia loved the latest book, and hasn’t even read the first one yet.
Georgia: “Been in a reading slump sort of since finishing “Broken Dove” by Kristen Ashley. Tried a few different books but no luck. Stumbled upon Molly Harper’s “werewolf” series. ” How to run from a werewold naked’ and I have to say I’m absolutely loving it. I’ve started with the 3rd book but it doesn’t seem to matter too mch. The two main characters are funny but also quite endearling. Both with some history. Enjoy !”
Maryse: Georgia I LOVED the first one in her werewolf series. I still need to read the rest but it’s TOTALLY for us!! I laughed and swooooooned. SO SO GOOD!
Georgia: It has totally perked me up. I have to buy the other first two books. You Rock THanks!
- How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper <— and here’s the first one that I read and loved (and my review)
- The Year We Hid Away (The Ivy Years Book 2) by Sarina Bowen <— I read #1 and 4-starred it. Good, sweet read. But Celeste recommends this one, too: “I finished The Year We Hid Away a few days ago and really liked it! … It’s Bridger’s story and I have to say I adored him. This is a really cute series!”
- Infinity + One by Amy Harmon <— I LOVE HER!!! I can’t wait for this one. “Bonnie Rae Shelby is a superstar. She’s rich. She’s beautiful. She’s impossibly famous. And Bonnie Rae Shelby wants to die. Finn Clyde is a nobody. He’s broken. He’s brilliant. He’s impossibly cynical. And all he wants is a chance at life.” – expected release date June 9th 2014
- Redemption (The Captive Series Book 5) by Erica Stevens <— popular paranormal series! (book #1-4 – The Captive Series Bundle (Books 1-4) is bundled right now!)
- Taken by Love (Love in Bloom: The Bradens, Book 7 ) Contemporary Romance by Melissa Foster – expected release date June 9th 2014
- Written in My Own Heart’s Blood: A Novel (Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon – expected release date June 10th 2014 <—- OMG!!!! This one has been HIGHLY anticipated for quite a while now. 😀
- Baiting the Maid of Honor (a Wedding Dare Novel) (Entangled Brazen) by Tessa Bailey – expected release date June 10th 2014
- The Book of Life: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy) by Deborah Harkness <— expected release: July 15th 2014