While I’m very excited for a few of these below, my fellow readers have reminded me to return to my “roots” (er… my TBR list from a few weeks ago). LOL! Stupid me and my *squirreling*. But I can’t help it! These new releases/recommendations make me squirrely!
Yep. I’m a book addict and it would seem I simply can’t be disciplined in my book choices and TBR lists. It would seem no matter how many TBR lists I make, and no matter how many times I edit ’em, I still don’t abide by them. I try to boss myself around and I just won’t listen to me. LOL!! Maybe I need a book Dom? *giggle* (P.S. There’s one below that makes me wanna read him SO BAD!! See? Total squirrel). No worries, I shall continue to make my TBR lists (and let y’all in on ’em) ’cause I’m a list-addict, as well as a book-addict and I know you guys suffer (and delight) in this addiction too. Your TBR lists are just as bad. You get me.
Okay so today what does my reading list look like? I made you guys promise to keep me on track and give Accidentally on Purpose a go (since a few of you here went nuts reminiscing about it on Tuesday’s list). I know it’s up my alley, so who knows what I’m waiting for. Especially since I hear he’s seems pretty unredeemable. Edge of the Enforcer <— that’s the Dom that I wanna get to know. I like ’em bossy and this one sounds especially so (as well, all mercenary’s should be) ;). Plus, she’s supposedly not in the “lifestyle” and I love when that happens. CARNAGE ’cause I’m suddenly hearing a bunch about this one (some intense, excited recommendations), and it’s not even a new release and Monster in His Eyes ’cause hello!?? What the heck am I waiting for. I KNOW i’ll love it. *shakes head*
And… of course I’ve noted a ton more that are pulling me in (and/or have pulled others in). LOTS to choose from and a bunch of “new-to-us” releases!
Oh… and the pre-orders. I already have May 26th booked-up with a release that I feel I must read!! But there’s also —->Point of No Return (The Kathleen Turner Series #5) releasing on TUESDAY!!! <— Yep. I just heard some serious *squeeeeeeing* (and I need to continue reading this series).
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- The Probability of Violet and Luke by Jessica Sorensen <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Edge of the Enforcer (Doms of Dark Haven) by Cherise Sinclair <—- JUST RELEASED!!!! I love this author’s Doms, and while this one’s not bargain priced, it definitely is worth mentioning ’cause I know a bunch of us are avid fans! 😀 YAY Doms and their broodiness and moodiness and no-nonsense-ness… 😛 and YAY for their hidden sweet hearts! “A security specialist and occasional mercenary, deVries needs an adorable submissive like a knife to the gut. Hell, she’s not even a masochist. But here she is, all big brown eyes and sweet body and sassy mouth. Loyal. Tough-minded. Honest. Or maybe not, considering her ID is forged. If she thinks to lie to him, she’ll learn better. He’s the Enforcer of Dark Haven—his discipline is absolute, his punishments harsh, and his heart untouched…until now.” <— *eeeeeeep* YAY ME!!!
- Pretty Instinct (A New Adult/Erotic Romance) by S.E. Hall <— JUST RELEASED!!! I think this is a rock star book… Toski says: “I got an Advanced copy of this one, it’s FANTASTIC. Rocker love story like any other I’ve read. SO SO SO Good.”
- The Fight for Us by Elizabeth Finn <— JUST RELEASED and it’s got a unique premise. They meet because her teenage daughter is bullying his teenage daughter.
- Tamed (Dark Protectors) by Rebecca Zanetti <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- CARNAGE: Book #1 The Story Of Us by Lesley Jones <— I noticed this one floating on my Facebook wall, saw it’s a few months old and has a great number of 5-star reviews (with barely any under that) and then Kasey just sent me a message saying: “Oh gosh I just finished Carnage by Lesley Jones. It’s a 10 stars if possible. You will laugh, scream, and cry like an ugly baby. I have never been so gutted by a book. I would say it just hit my all time favorite book so far of 2014. And that’s saying a lot since I read 5-10 books a week. I don’t want you to miss out on this experience of a book!!!” <— MINE!!!!!! I don’t even know what it’s about really, ’cause I just skimmed it on curiosity but I gotta try it! Anything with a title like that has got to rip out my heart!
- Accidentally on Purpose by L.D. Davis <— This is on sale right now and I’m thinking of finally diving into this series. I hear he’s pretty unredeemable (at least… at first) and I can’t wait to experience that!
- Within Temptation (Sons Of Temptation Standalone Trilogy) by Tanya Holmes <— Here’s another super-recent release that I missed, and also has a unique premise. She realizes she may have helped put an innocent man in prison. Her best friend.
- Renegade Reject (Renegade Sons MC) by Emily Minton, Dawn Martens <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!!! And this one too, has just recently been released and I missed it the first time around. I love Fridays! It’s like “catch up” day.
- My Clarity: (Stand-Alone) by M.Clarke <— recently released and this one too… sounds like it good be angsty. Getting over the death of her father as she starts college and… “... she discovers that her roommate isn’t quite the person she had imagined. Smoking, tattoos, and street racing for fast cash are Elijah’s only interests. A harsh life has made him apathetic and indifferent, until Alexandria enters his life. When their paths cross, turmoil abounds.” <— turmoil huh? Yep. I like that.
- Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank <— Student-teacher romance that had all of that angsty *eeeep-factor!!* Nancy found out it’s on sale today. 😀 (here’s my review)
- Look After You by Elena Matthews <— Nancy found us another super-sale! This is the angsty one that I just read a few days ago, and it’s on sale. (The one where she has a very premature baby, her fiancé is fighting overseas, and in her loneliness and sadness, she forges a bond with her preemie’s doctor). Yep. You can imagine. 😉 Here’s my review.
- Perfectly Damaged by E.L. Montes <— This is the one about the schizophrenic woman and the man that falls for her… Louise just read it and recommends it. “So I finished Perfectly Damaged and as I promised I will tell you what I thought! It was a well written book and a very beautiful love story. The only think I didn’t like is that I expected it to be more intense according to her “condition”. Anyway I recommend it!“
- Drifting into Darkness by J.M. La Rocca <— Hrmmm… here’s a very recent release that I missed the first time around, but sounds like it’s got that “new adult” angst-factor. “My path led me to work on the Johnson farm in Texas, where I met Landon, the owner’s son. He worked there during the day and raced cars for fun at night. He was a bad boy with a reputation that exceeded my own.“
- Get Rocked by Tabatha Vargo <— Kat found us this one! All three of her “Blowhole Boys” books in one! and Kat says: “Read the first book and really enjoyed it. It has a dark hint & two troubled people. Great price for 3 books.“
- My Dear Stranger by Sarah Ann Walker <— recent release that is HIGHLY recommended by Janet: “Just finished My Dear Stranger by Sarah Ann Walker. If you’re up for a good mind f**king you need to read this. It’s a slow build lulling you into thinking it will be predictable, but there is nothing predictable about it. 5++++ stars. Brilliant” <— I just read the synopsis and while I have no clue what I’m in for…. it sounds like darkish-read fun. 😀
- Tainted (Torn Series #3) by K.A. Robinson <— not a standalone, but Stephanie found this one for us on sale! GORGEOUS cover and I’m curious about #1 & #2 (but I won’d read this one’s blurb so I don’t spoil the first ones).
- Entice (Eagle Elite #3) by Rachel Van Dyken <— MAFIA ALERT!! and Stephanie found us this book #3!! Just released but I can’t read the blurb, ’cause it’s #3, potential spoilers etc… you know the drill. 😉
- Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert <— Stephanie found out that a bunch of this author’s ebooks were on sale right now! Like this one… (and her Honor series and a few more <— here are her various book titles and many already bargain priced)
- Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower <— YES YES YES!!! I have to get back to my crazy-awesome TBR list from a few weeks ago. THIS ONE! Especially after Sarah reminds me: “Have you read Monster In His Eyes by J.M. Darhower? I’m about halfway through. Cannot put it down. Amazing.” and Lori agrees: “Loved it!! One of my favorites!” *stupid me and my squirreling* 😉
- Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined) by Aly Martinez <— And here’s another I squirreled from but that I wanna read SO bad. I already one-clicked it, but Aimee found it for us on sale again! “Changing Course by Aly Martinez — know many have enjoyed in the past.” Lots of great reviews on this one and it totally gave me a blurb jolt. “But what happens when your past haunts your present, and the woman you used to love refuses to accept the woman you can’t live without?” And no, I don’t think she’s a ghost. Wow this one sounds tumultuous!
- Asher (Inked Brotherhood) by Jo Raven <— Just recently released, and she’s starting college and… “the past won’t let go. Asher is here—her first kiss, her first heartbreak. More handsome and distant than ever, he’s still the boy who used to be her best friend. That was before he changed into someone she hardly knows anymore—the boy who started getting into fights and gave her the cold shoulder for years.” Hrmm… well, it’s a similar blurb to many… however if done right, cold shoulders can be angsty.
- Ashley’s Bend: A Celtic Knot Novel (Celtic Knot Novels) by Cassy Roop <— very recent release and plenty of good reviews so far (skimming ’em I see a 5-star one even says “so much detail” and I personally love that!!!). Newly single (bad husband!!) and she erroneously? ends up in a BDSM club with friends. And the Dom owner notices her…
- A Life Less Broken by Margaret McHeyzer <— Very recent release (Doctor-patient romance??) “On a day like any other, Allyn Sommers went off to work, not knowing that her life was about to be irrevocably and horrifically altered. Three years later, Allyn is still a prisoner in her own home held captive by harrowing fear. Broken and damaged, Allyn seeks help from someone that fate brought her.“
- Take A Chance (Running Into Love) by Annalisa Nicole <— Oh this one sounds like a tearjerker (and is definitely bargain priced!). It’s an older one from last year and he’s grieving the loss of his wife, and she’s going through chemotherapy. And they accidentally run into each other… become friends.
- Sinners MC Boxed Set by Bella Jewel <— BIKER BOOK BUNDLE!!! expected release date May 19th!! Kat found us this super deal ” for a limited time, you can get all three books, the xmas novella and a BONUS 10,000 words!” and Nancy says: “This is really a good deal, & I’ve bought & read them all.” and Paulette agrees: “So have I Nancy and enjoyed them”
- Bang (Black Lotus #1) (The Black Lotus Series) by E.K. Blair <— I can’t quite tell what this one’s gonna be apart, other than she sounds pretty angry and vengeful. Or something along those lines. Love that cover, and I’m intrigued and it’ll be out May 19th! That’s soon.
- Kick (Songs of Perdition) by C.D. Reiss <— expected release date May 19th 2014
- UnRaveled by K. Bromberg <— expected release date May 19th 2014
- Toxic: Logan’s Story (Torn Series) by K.A. Robinson <— expected release date May 19th 2014
- Tryst (Take It Off) by Cambria Hebert <— expected release date May 19th 2014
- Behind His Eyes – Convicted: The Missing Years (Consequences) by Aleatha Romig <—- LOOK what’s coming out in just a few days!!!
- Point of No Return (The Kathleen Turner Series #5) by Tiffany Snow <— OHHHH LOOKIE LOOKIE!!! expected release date May 20th 2014
- Whisper to Me: Between Breaths by Christina Lee <— expected release date May 20th 2014
- Mating Brand: 3 (Mating Heat) by Laurann Dohner <— expected release date May 20th 2014
- Life After Taylah by Bella Jewel <— expected release date May 26th 2014 and Ohhhhhh this is gonna make us uncomfortable!! “… Then I meet Nate. Champion Motocross Racer. Bad boy. Married. He will soon become my everything. There’s only one problem with that. He’s not mine to have.” <— Ruh roh!!! Yah. I think I’m gonna read this. THAT DAY.
- Silk (Anthology) by Heidi McLaughlin, Melissa Andrea, Melissa Collins, Sarah Dosher, S. Moose, L.P. Dover , Jenni Moen, E.K. Blair, Carey Heywood – expected release date June 9th 2014
- MacKenzie Fire: The Sequel to Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey <— expected release date June 2nd 2014!!
- Jane’s Harmony: A Novel by Ryan Winfield – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Unbeautiful by Jessica Sorensen <— ahhh yes! This sounds like a good one. She’s pretty and popular (and feels like she’s dying inside) and he’s scarred, tattooed and can’t speak (and everyone fears him)… “They don’t know what’s hidden beneath the scars. Beneath the piercings and tattoos. Beneath the silence. Maybe if they did they wouldn’t fear me so much. Then again, maybe they’d fear me more.” <— yep. I wanna read this. Expected release December 23rd 2014
- Jaden (book #3) by Tijan <— “I’m going to find out who did this to me and I’m going to make them pay. I don’t care who will get hurt in the process.” expected release date December 30th 2014