Happy Friday my friends!! Best day of the week, other than Saturday, which is the bestest day of the week. 😉 But what makes THIS day pretty much equal to Saturday is ’cause of all of the “new-to-me” reads I find out about, in my quest for bargains and recommendations. And this Friday looks like a super-winner!!
So, next on my TBR list is “in the air” right now ’cause I have four books that I want to read at the same time (from the last two weeks’ lists), and I’m just not sure which one I want to read more, ya know? Especially after the fantastic “Push” that really blew my mind. So… what’s next?
But it’s time for me to move on and these are these are the new ones that I’m wrenching my hands over: Happenstance (anything from Jamie McGuire is an auto-read for me!), Out of Reach (OMG this blurb killed me!), Look After You (and this blurb may have just killed me more ), Crossing Stars (Mafia romance but it’s the last line in that blurb that gave me a HUGE blurb *jolt*), To Professor, with Love (College student-teacher romance but the kicker is, he’s the student, she’s the teacher!! <— YAY!!), The Year We Fell Down (two bored convalescing college students that become friends)… oh sheeesh you guys ;). And so many more that I’ve noted below. *sigh* Good times!!
Plus of course, there are brand new rock stars, race car drivers, actors, Doms, sports stars, 0.13 and 0.31 cent books (<— whaaa!!??), angsty-sounding heart warmers… and one that has a taboo edge to it, too. Yep. What to chooooose… what to choose?
And don’t even get me started on the amazing line-up of pre-orders that are releasing on Monday/Tuesday!! I listed ’em, too.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Happenstance: A Novella by Jamie McGuire <— JUST RELEASED!! It’s a 100 page novella but it’s Jamie McGuire and it’s about a guy from an affluent family, and a neglected (unpopular?) girl that sneak around together and bad stuff happens and well… that just sounds like pure romance angst, to me! 😀
- Out of Reach by Missy Johnson <— JUST RELEASED and i’m hearing it’s a tearjerker! “My best friend was dying and I was in love with his girl.” OH whoa!!! Okay yah. I think I like the sad sound of this. And just look at these reactions!
Bobbi: OMG sounds heartbreaking … not touching it with a ten foot pole right now …
Joy: This was an amazing read, loved it
Kait: Just one clicked it, I’ve been looking for a heartbreaker
Tarnya: One beautiful book so amazing
Catherine: Holy heart of sweet Saint Josephine…
Jody: Just finished and my heart is hurting!!! But I loved it. Hubby just freaked out because I walked into the room with tears running down my cheeks.
Tanya: This is an emotional amazing book!!! I loved it! Make sure u have a tissue or two handy!!!!
Alison: 5 start read for me – I loved it!!!
Hayley: i *heart* Author Missy Johnson
- Look After You by Elena Mathews <— JUST RELEASED and OMG THIS one too!!!! *blurb jolt* and I already feel like crying my eyes out. This one’s gonna hurt! Her baby is a delicate 2lb preemie, her husband is off in Afghanistan and… “When her vulnerable state hits an all time low, she finds solace in an unexpected pair of intense green eyes. Eyes that belong to her daughter’s doctor, Ashton Bailey, and she falls, like she has never fallen before. However, for the sake of Sebastian she desperately tries to fight against her newfound feelings for Ashton, but eventually the pull between the two is so strong that it is impossible for her to stay away. Then when Ava is convinced things can’t possibly get any worse, a cloud of blackness closes in on her as the secret demons of her past come back to haunt her, with news that will irreversibly shake her entire world forever.” <— *gulp*
- KNOX: Volume 4 by Cassia Leo <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Inked by Jenika Snow <— JUST RELEASED, “short” story.
- Vignettes of a Master by Jason Luke <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Sawyer Says by Carey Heywood <— JUST RELEASED!! <— side character spinoff from this author’s “Him & Her” series.
- That Which Destroys Me by Kimber S. Dawn <— JUST RELEASED!! “On his mission to find the perfect sub, Wesley stumbles across a broken, shattered angel, only to find when she comes up swinging, that this little angel knows how to fight. He wants to be the one who breaks her… But it’s not a question of who breaks her, the question is who destroys her.” <— Oooooooooh. That sounds daring!!
- Crossing Stars by Nicole Williams <— JUST RELEASED!!! MAFIA ROMANCE!!! Oooooooooh YOU GUYS, this sounds SO good! So she’s a “mafia princess” of the Italian mafia (Costa’s), and they are at war with the Irish er… do we call them mafia, too (They are the “Morans)? Anyway. LOL! She’s been sheltered all her life but then… as an adult, she meets “Rylan” and… “Despite all of their differences, one overshadows them all. One difference means they can never be together unless they’re ready to accept being hunted by the entire crime world for as long as they live. She’s a Costa. And he’s a Moran” <— Ohhhhh noooooooo!! (YAY!!!!) 😛
- Last Second Chance by Caisey Quinn <— JUST RELEASED!
- Moments (Breath of Life #3) <— JUST RELEASED!! Book #3 in this series was just released, and while I haven’t heard of it before, I just checked out #1 and #2 and they’re both on sale and sound goooood. I posted ’em right below:
- Breath of Life #1 by Sara Marion <— This is book #1! I have not heard of this series yet, but since book #3 was just released, I had to check out the synopsis of #1 and OMG… wow. “Paxton Mercier had the world at her finger tips or so she thought. She had a husband who supported her, a best friend that would do anything for her, and she had her growing career as a surgeon. One night in the O.R. cost her everything she loved. She lost her best friend and within a few months Jack, her husband, walks out on her.” <— Whoa, already, right? But then!!! —> “Overcome with pain, Paxton loses herself and finds herself checking into a mental institution to hide away from the world. When her past walks back into her life, she finds herself struggling to put the pieces of herself back together. She feels like she has no one to turn to except the one person who never stopped caring for her, Duke Avery, her best friend’s husband.” *nods* Yep… up my alley if this one’s done right. 🙂
- Choices (Breath of Life) by Sara Marion <— and here’s book #2 but I won’t read the synopsis since this appears to be an ongoing trilogy, and I don’t wanna ruin it for us.
- What If by Bayli Lane <— Recommended by Neika: “I actually read this post yesterday and went ahead and bought this book. Just finished, and let me tell you THIS BOOK IS PERFECT FROM START TO FINISH. I would not change a thing. Maryse, you have to read this. I bet this book will become one of your favorites of this year, and probably a in your library. Give this a chance you will fall in love with Arrow Donovan!“
- Tempting Rowan (Trace + Olivia) by Micalea Smeltzer <— “At twenty-one she’s chained to a life she doesn’t want, but sees no other alternative. After all, what would happen to her brother and sister if she were to leave?” Just recently released (book #3 in a series however they can all be read as standalones).
- Odium (The Dead Saga.) by Claire C Riley <— recommended by Stacey. She says: Did you love Flesh and Skin? You should read Odium by Claire C. Riley! She just had Odium II release tonight, and I’m almost done with Odium. It’s a bit tamer than Flesh in the romance part. But the story is amazingly awesome! Zombies…aka deaders…romance….awesome, strong heroine. You should check it out!!!
- Odium II: The Dead Saga by Claire C Riley <— and here’s book #2 that was JUST RELEASED!!!
- The Alpha’s Mate: 8 Sexy, Powerful Shifters and Their Fated Mates by Lynn Red, Aubrey Rose, Adriana Hunter, Marian Tee, Liliana Rhodes, Krista Lakes, Mina Carter, Milly Taiden <— speaking of paranormal fun, here’s a shifter anthology (almost 900 pages!!)!
- To Professor, with Love (Forbidden Men) by Linda Kage <— OMG OMG!! A different teacher-student romance. ‘Cause the professor’s a she, and the student’s a he. He’s a star athlete on campus and has found love… “Problem is Dr. Kavanagh’s my literature professor. If I start anything with a teacher and we’re caught together, I might as well kiss my entire future goodbye, as well as my family’s and especially Dr. Kavanagh’s. Except sometimes love is worth risking everything. Or at least, it damn well better be, because I can only resist so much.” <— Oh and look! Kelli just recommended it saying: “It’s amazing! It’s a total twist on the whole student/teacher taboo read! The Professor is a female and the student is the QB of the football team! Loved it!”
- Edge (Fire on Ice) by Brenda Rothert <— HOCKEY STAR and recent release. NHL player, injured and… “Team trainer Adella Price’s job is to help Luke get back in peak condition. But their one on one sessions shake her resolve to remain unattached. Dell is hands-off to all hockey players, even one as charming and successful as Luke.”
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry <— Still only 0.31 cents right now!! And Louise one-clicked that deal saying: “Maryse, have you read Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry? So not my genre (high school) but I absolutely loved it! For .31 cents…..a well written story. Katie McGarry is a great writer! Thanks for introducing me on your bargain list!“
- In Too Deep (Silhouette Desire) by Brenda Jackson <— Okay… what is up with these totally random, crazy-awesome Amazon sales??! Now “In Too Deep” by Brenda Jackson is on sale for 0.13 cents. THIRTEEN CENTS!!! Whaaaa? Okay, fine. MINE! 😛
- I Call Him Brady by K.S. Thomas <— Recent release and *eeeep!!* Sounds fun! He’s a famous actor and… “Embers doesn’t have time to waste on any more dirt-bags. Too busy trying to take care of herself and her daughter to take any more chances on romance, she’s limiting her love life to daydreaming about one hot and sexy, Jack Cole. Except her surefire way to keep her heart safe goes completely awry when her dream guy and her reality suddenly collide.“
- A Broken Forever by Megan Noelle <— Romance angst alert!! Recently released, and yet another I hadn’t heard of yet, but that blurb sure has me curious! So, they are the perfect married couple until they lose their daughter, and pretty much self destruct. “Grey had never been so alone. Stefan had died inside the day their child did. Doing the only thing she could to save herself, she ended their marriage.” BUT THEN… Six years later…
- Just Between Us by Hayley Oakes <—- Okay this is new to me too. The blurb sounded just fine (and up our alley) but it was the title of a review (that I probably shouldn’t know and maybe a bit spoilerish) that made me go OHHHH… WELL!!! 😉 So I can’t tell you, but let’s just say this one sounds like it has a slightly taboo edge to it. *grins*
- Burn For You (Boys of the South) by <— RACECAR DRIVER ALERT! Sounds good! He’s famous and a playboy and he needs a nanny for the baby he’s not even sure is his and “… all she wants is to make a dent in her student loans. However, that doesn’t stop her from falling in love with her little charge, nor does it make it easier to resist Beau’s charms. Lines are crossed, and then forgotten as Beau and Landry grow closer, but when Beau’s ex-girlfriend, who is also Mia’s mother, shows up, everything starts to fall apart for the new couple.“
- Muse – Fighting Fate #1 by Maree Green <— ROCK STAR ALERT! Recent release! She’s got a debilitating fear of crowds and the very bad boy in her brother’s up and coming band notices her…
- Ransom (Ransom Brothers) by Rachel Schurig <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! “It’s been a year since she’s seen Daltrey Ransome. A year since he and his brothers left town to pursue their dreams of rock and roll superstardom. A year since he left Daisy behind—left her to watch as everything she knew crumbled around her. She’s been running from Daltrey ever since, desperate to keep her secret.“
- Born to Ride – A Clubhouse Collection by Kasey Millstead, Nina Levine, Carmen Jenner, Lila Rose, Bella Jewel, Jani Kay <— BIKER ANTHOLOGY and yes, I posted it earlier this week but!!!. Loaded in full-length biker books! Plus… I needed a reason to post that gorgeous cover. 😉
- The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years) by Sarina Bowen <— Oh this sounds heartwarming, too!!! “She expected to start Harkness College as a varsity ice hockey player. But a serious accident means that Corey Callahan will start school in a wheelchair instead. Across the hall, in the other handicapped-accessible dorm room, lives the too-delicious-to-be real Adam Hartley, another would-be hockey star with his leg broken in two places. He’s way out of Corey’s league. Also, he’s taken.” But they become friends… GOOD friends. <— Jaime recommends it! “Maryse, I just finished The Year We Fell Down (the Ivy Years) I liked it. It was a nice college romance read to break up all the angst and alphas I have reading about lately. 🙂“
- Girl Next Door – The Complete Series by C.C. Wood <— the entire trilogy bundled!
- Eversea (Eversea #1) by Natasha Boyd <— FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT!! This one’s HUGELY popular and loved by so many of our fellow readers like crazy. I need to read it!
- Letting Go (BK 1 Mitchell Family Series) by Jennifer Foor <— Stephanie found us the first three book in this series on sale!
- Folding Hearts (BK#2 Mitchell Family Series) by Jennifer Foor
- Raging Love (A Mitchell Family Series BK#3) by Jennifer Foor
- Collaboration (Backlash) by Michelle Lynne <— Famous rapper meets country super-star… (thanks Aimee!) and Shannon says: Good book!
- Willing Captive by Belle Aurora <— another hugely popular book from last year. It’s a funny one, I hear. Thanks Aimee!
- Shadowboxer (Tapped Out) by Cari Quinn <— Maria recommends it! She says: “i have been reading shadowboxer by cari quinn 3/4 way through. about a female mma fighter …… 1 in a series. loving mia and trey.” and then… “i finished it now. heavy subject but sure had me laughing …..some of the scenes were so funny….lolo carleys cake and treys cake.”
- Taking Chances by Molly McAdams <— Stephanie found this super-popular angsty turbulent love triangle/tear-jerker from a couple of years ago !!! I reviewed it… oh yes. Yes. I. Did. And yes… I cried. My review
- Stealing Harper (Taking Chances) by Molly McAdams <— and here is the “same” story but from another character’s POV.
- From Ashes by Molly McAdams <— and here is another book by the same author (but it’s unrelated… a standalone) (thanks Stephanie!!)
- Possessed by You (Torn) by Jo-Anna Walker <— Aimee recommends it: “Just finished reading Possessed by You by Jo-Anna Walker. The vibe of this book merges the raw grit of This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas with the uncontrollable addition of Fixed on You by Laurelin Paige. This is the 1st book in the series and definitely looking forward to to the next installment.”
- Revealed by You (Torn) by Jo-Anna Walker <— and here’s book #2. 😀
- Unfinished by Shae Scott <— recent release!!
- Veiled Threat: Book 7 (A Rylee Adamson Novel) by Shannon Mayer <— paranormal and just recently released!
- Tempt My Heart: A Brittan McKenna Story by Danielle Jamie <— Michelle recommends this one (so it’s back on the list!). She says: “Have you read Tempt My Hearty by Danielle Jamie yet? If not I highly recommend it….5 star read for me and I am very hard pressed to pass those out. Jordan is at the top of my book boyfriend list.” Okay I gotta see what this one’s about ’cause it’s already got a ton of 5-star reviews and only one 4-star… Will it rock my word? *fingers crossed*
- Tempting the Bodyguard (A Gamble Brothers Novel) (Entangled Brazen) by J. Lynn – expected release date May 12th!!
- Dare to Resist (a Wedding Dare novella) (Entangled Brazen) by Laura Kaye – expected release date May 12th!!
- Lust: Ten Aussie Authors To Get You Hot Down Under by Bella Jewel, Belle Aurora, Pepper Winters, Carmen Jenner , Kasey Millstead,Chantal Fernando, Rachel Brookes, TJ Hamilton, Jennifer Ryder, Kate McCarthy – expected release date May 12th!!
- Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train) by Katie Ashley – ROCK STAR ALERT!! expected release date May 12th!!
- Salvation: A Defiance Novel (The Defiance Series) by Stephanie Tyler – BIKER ALERT!! expected release date May 12th!!
- Gansett After Dark (McCarthys of Gansett Island Series) by Marie Force – expected release date May 12th!!
- Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons) by Christina Lauren – expected release date May 12th!!
- Entice (Eagle Elite) by Rachel Van Dyken – expected release date May 13th!!
- All Lined Up: A Rusk University Novel by Cora Carmack – expected release date May 13th!!