Super bargain finds today and some excellent reader recs, and I’ve got a new section on Friday’s list. 😉 Since so many are going crazy over audiobooks these days, I found out that there are some that go on SUPERSALE (just like out Kindle ebooks). *squee*worthy pricing… and sometimes, perfect for those long road trips, waiting room waits, or those cleaning days. Entertainment where we’d normally have none! I LOVE THIS!
P.S. What I’m reading today (and LOVING!!!!) —> The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson. I know where this is going, but OMG the feeling is so deep, and pure, and well… I don’t need surprises in a story like this. I just need the heartwarming journey of growth and healing, and I just know I’m gonna get it, here! My friend Sherry fell head-over-heels over this one!
Sherry: I’m only 13% in and I’ve choked up AND laughed my ass off ALL on the same page….this one is going to be rough… My God, how can a book have you crying at only 3% ???? But laughing at 7%
Maryse: It sounds perfect!!!
Sherry: Oh you’ve no idea. It’s such a real feeling of emotions….it rips your heart out, then your laughing out loud a sentence later…Just real
Maryse: LOL!! I’m reading Five stages now!!! I’m loving it so far…
Sherry: Boy did I LOVE Five Stages !! I don’t think I’ve cried and laughed in a book in a looooooong time. Such an awesome story, give it a try when you can. It shouldn’t take you that long to read it. You’ll be hooked
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
(NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
AUDIOBOOK BARGAINS (Check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal PLUS these audiobooks at e-book bargain pricing!! Like… 4 and 5 hours of romance listening and more for super cheap! *squeeeeee* and for more audiobook recommendations, check out this recent post: Audiobook Addiction: Our fellow readers weigh in on their favorites…)
- Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley <— I hear THIS narrator is AWESOME. SO many love the Rock Chick series in audio format and this is BARGAIN priced *IF* you already have the kindle ebook version! *wheeeee!!!* I DO! And Jennifer got in on this deal and her AND her husband loved it! “I figured that out before a road trip to Florida. It’s 17 hours and I was trying to figure out what I had in my library that my husband would listen to and I didn’t have to spend a bunch to get the audible. I figured he would like the Rock Chicks okay since there is action. …I was thrilled! We have listened to 3 so far and he likes them. It would be my third time reading them. Kristen Ashley is one of my favorites!“
- The Will by Kristen Ashley <— This one too!!!!
- Beautiful Beloved by Christina Lauren <— BARGAIN priced!
- Not the Marrying Kind by Nicola Marsh
- Weekend Agreement by Barbara Wallace
- Temporarily Yours by Diane Alberts
- Come Away with Me by Kristen Proby (and pretty much this WHOLE series is on SUPER-sale on Audible!!)
- Ask for It by Sylvia Day <— Yep. You guessed it! On BIG sale! “Nothing incites Marcus more than the primal hunger roused by his former fiancée, Elizabeth. It’s been years since she jilted him for another man, but that only means there’s a lot to catch up on…“
- Not a Drill: Jack Reacher, Book 18.5 by Lee Child (deal price!)
- Hopeless by Colleen Hoover!!! Here is another one that if you already have the Kindle ebook, you can get the Audible audiobook for SUPER-CHEAP!
- Strange Highways by Dean Koontz (great price considering it’s a full length ebook!) “…he gets a mysterious second chance to relive the night in 1975 when his life began its downward spiral: to both literally and figuratively take the road that he didn’t originally take. On this road he is supremely tested by conflict…“
- Seducing the Bridesmaid by Katee Robert <— 4 Hours of audio-fun for barely anything!!!
- Holy Frigging Matrimony by Emma Chase <— DEAL!
- Lawful Escort: Eternal Bachelors Club, Book 1 by Tina Folsom <— 5 hours of listening… with an escort. Or is she? DEAL!
- Thoughtful by S.C. Stephens <— KELLAN KYLE is coming out in just a few days (FEB 24th!!) GREAT pricing on this VERY LONG, highly anticipated audiobook!!!!!!!
- Off the Record: The Record, Book 1 by K.A. Linde <— much loved angsty author and her political romance! Great price!
- Beautifully Damaged: Beautifully Damaged, Book 1 by L.A. Fiore <— Over 10 hrs of angst with this great priced audiobook!
- Afterburn & Aftershock: Cosmo Red-Hot Reads from Harlequin by Sylvia Day <— TWO books in one to listen to here!
- Last Call by Alice Clayton <— Almost FOUR hours of listening in this romance fun!
- Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover <— AWESOME price for this one!!
- Candy Store by Bella Andre <– bargain priced!
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty <— I LOVED this author’s other book and it looks like this one is on sale! YAY ME! Tasha is excited. She said: “Anyone read Big Little Lies? I just finished and absolutely had a gasp worthy moment!” <—- *gasp!!* I LOVE GASPING!! 😛
- Rewriting Destiny (Forsaken Sinners MC Series) by Shelly Morgan <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Crash Ride (Power Station Book 2) by T Gephart <— JUST RELEASED!! Mary found us this one! “I know you love your Rock Stars, so I thought you’d like to know that Crash Ride by Tina Gephart is live! Super exciting!!!”
- Ember (Eagle Elite Book 5) by Rachel Van Dyken <— JUST RELEASED!! MAFIA ROMANCE! Lauren found it for us! “The next Eagle Elite book by Rachel Van Dyken is out! Finally! Phoenix’s story.” Thanks Lauren. This does look good! “This is the story of my redemption.
But it’s not pretty…I died, and now I’m alive, but not living, breathing but not surviving. I am Phoenix De Lange, son to a murdered mob boss, estranged brother, horrible friend, monster in the making, newest leader to one of the most powerful families in the Cosa Nostra.“
Michelle: Any recommendations for a mafia romance, kinda like Crow’s Row? (sidenote from Maryse. I LOVED it too and it’s bargain priced right now)Melanie: You have to read this one Ruthless People (Ruthless People series Book 1)Michelle: No I haven’t, I’m gonna check it out, thanks!Lauren: My favorite Mafia books are The Arrangement (The Russian Guns Book 1) by Bethany-Kris & London Miller’s Volkov Bratva series. Ruthless People is REALLY excellent but there’s 3 books in the series & book 3 isn’t out yet so I’m waiting…..not so patiently.Kathy: Roxie Rivera’s Russian Mafia Series and the Professional and The Master (The Game Maker Series Book 2) by Kresley Cole.Lauren: Oooooooo, Kathy…I’d forgotten to mention the Russian Mafia Series. I actually JUST reread a few of em last weekend. She just released books 1-3 bundled for FREE so even though I already own them, I got the bundle anyway just to have em in one place. But Nikolai is my favorite.
- TK Rapp – For the Love of Writing Collection by T.K. Rapp <— JUST RELEASED! All 4 books in her collection bundled in one!
- Redemption Lane (Crossroads Book 1) by Rachel Blaufeld <— JUST RELEASED!! “Bess, a wild party girl running from herself, literally falls victim to her demons when she collapses in the most unexpected of places. Lane, a tightly wound, up-and-coming CEO who can’t seem to stop enabling his brother, doesn’t know what hit him when Bess falls at his feet and into his life. It was a night she doesn’t remember, and one he can’t forget.“
- Everything Has Changed by Mia Kaya <— just RECENTLY RELEASED and lots of great reviews already! Best friends all of their lives… “…it’s not fair that someone else will get to keep him when she knows in her heart that he only belongs to her.“
- Heart of Ice: Bestselling Devoted Series by SK Quinn <— JUST RELEASED!! Conclusion to the trilogy and of course, bargain priced!
- Safe at Home (Warm Springs Trilogy Book 1) by Christina Kirby <— JUST RELEASED! “When confronted by the man who’s bent on revenge, Samantha must choose between running again to save the people she loves, or, if she has the strength, to stay and fight for her new life.”
- The Way We Fall (The Story of Us Book 1) by Cassia Leo <— JUST RELEASED and super bargain priced!! Sounds like pure romance-angst! “Houston has kept a devastating secret from Rory since the day he asked her to move in with him. But the tragic circumstances that brought them together left wounds too deep to heal. Five years after the breakup, Houston and Rory are thrust together by forces beyond their control. And all the resentments and passion return with more intensity than ever.“
- Anne Mercier (Rockstar Book 3) by Anne Mercier <— JUST RELEASED!
- Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens <— Still super-bargain priced!! ‘Cause guess who’s coming out on Tuesday? *squeeeee!!!*
- Effortless (Thoughtless Book 2) by S.C. Stephens <— bargain priced!!
- Reckless (Thoughtless Book 3) by S.C. Stephens <— bargain priced!!
- Before You: Sex on the Beach by Jenna Bennett <— new adult with a touch of scary mystery? “Sun, sand, and a hot guy. Sex on the beach, with no strings attached. She got her wish when she met Tyler McKenna. Until someone gets hurt. But then young women start turning up at Key West landmarks – young women who look like Cassie, but with one crucial difference: they’ve all been drugged and relieved of their virginity. And Cassie begins to wonder whether there’s more to Ty than meets the eye…“
- The Hurricane by R.J. Prescott <— FIGHTER ALERT!! Sounds like fun… “Through an unlikely friendship with the aging, cantankerous owner of an old boxing gym, Em is thrown into the path of the most dangerous man that she has ever met…” and Lauren LOVED it! She says:
Lauren: I just read an incredible book…The Hurricane by R.J. Prescott. I’d never heard of the author but read the blurb & took a chance. It was SO good!!
Vicki: I am reading it now. Pleasantly surprised. Glad I took a chance on it.
Shunda: Just finished The Hurricane and OMG!! I died. It had such a BD feel to it. Read through the night and was a zombie for work. SOOOOO worth it!!
Amy: Shunda, you’re gonna start a frenzy around here with a BD comparison like that.
Lauren: Shunda, I loved it too. I wasn’t sure about it since I’d never heard of the author but….from the first sentence, you’re totally in. I couldn’t put it down. I gave it a 5 star review on Amazon.
Jean: OMG Shunda! BD feel….. those are magical words around here. 1-clicking The Hurricane right now!
Maryse: Magical is right!! Okay one clicking… bargain priced, too!
- Camden’s Redemption (Gloves Off Book 4) by L.P. Ever <— FIGHTER ALERT!! Just recently released.
- Clear: A Death Trippers Novel by Jessica Park <— Bringing this one back ’cause she’s a favorite author of mine and so many are loving her latest release!
- Beneath This Ink by Meghan March <— RECENT release MILITARY romance “…now she’s walked back into my life, and this time, I have the upper hand. I want my second chance.“
- Beneath This Mask by Meghan March <— and here’s book #1
- The Life of Anna, Part 1: Enslaved by Marissa Honeycutt <— DARK READ ALERT!!!! And some of our fellow readers are suffering! MichelleS: “So you remember Jean’s “dare” post: “I know and I had a dare all ready for you! To read The Life of Anna books by Marissa Honeycutt! They are dark, erotic, mindf&$kery, with a splash of paranormal”. I took her up on her dare: I read book one, and she wasn’t kidding with the mindf&$kery. I had to take a little break in between, but I started book two. More mindf&$ery and finally some paranormal. This is one of those books that you feel like you have to delete off your Kindle so when you die or if it gets lost no one will ever know you read it. It’s that bad. So wicked. So dirty. So controversial. OMG. I keep reading it!!! Jean – are you still reading these? It’s messing with my brain. I am actually okay with Wilhelm and all that weirdness. I need a Life of Anna support group. Jean?” And Jean says: “I just finished book #4 and it did get darker and darker just like the author warns! Last book comes out in April I think. Just like I said, a bad car crash that you can’t stop looking at. I need resolution so I will definitely be reading the last book (and then yes deleting and denying any knowledge of them… Lol!)“
- Give It All: A Desert Dogs Novel by Cara McKenna <— Recent release by one of my fav authors and Betty LOVED this one! She said: “I’m in serious book hangover. I hope you read Give it All by Cara McKenna soon!“
- Lost Until You (Until You Series Book 1) by J.R. Grant <— ROMANCE ANGST ALERT!! Lauren loved it! She says: “I read a book off my TBR list last night &….OMG…it was SO GOOD!!! Lost Until You by J.R. Grant. It’s an unusual plot…not one I’d read before. Brax & Jazz are happily married with a baby….the love they had for each other was just indescribable….and then it all just goes to hell (that’s not a spoiler, it’s in the blurb). I loved it!!“
- Mister Black: A Billionaire SEAL Story (In the Shadows, Book 1) by P.T. Michelle <— super-bargain priced! “We all have someone who crossed our path and fundamentally changed us. That one person who blew through our lives, their presence forever stamped on our psyche. They linger in our thoughts, in our hearts, and in the decisions we make. A soul crusher or a dream maker, depending on the perspective. My person is Mister Black…“
- Statistic by Dawn Robertson <— Melanie calls this one a jaw-dropper! “I looked thru the “Gasp” book list and saw one that did, however, make my jaw drop when I read it: Statistic by Dawn Robertson. I highly recommend it if that is what you are looking for. I did not see that ending coming.” SUPER-BARGAIN priced!!
- Abe: Four in Hand (Ties of Steel Book 1) by MJ Fields <— Aimee found us this bargain priced one! Met on vacation and had quite the fling! Big time DOM CEO… “…she pushes aside her budding feelings and leaves Florida and Abe behind without a backwards glance. Not used to being dumped and afraid to admit how much it hurts, Abe cuts his losses and heads back…”
- The Summer Remains by Seth King <— Jean is reading this one right now! Sounds like it’s tear-your-heart-out angsty! “BTW guys, I’m at like 60% of The Summer Remains and I like it so far. Beginning reminds me of and is giving me the same feels as The Edge of Never or Present Perfect….. So scared of the outcome though……“
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s!!!)
- Thoughtful by S.C. Stephens <— expected release date February 24th 2015
- Fighting Silence (On The Ropes Book 1) by Aly Martinez expected release date February 23rd 2015
- Slow Burn: A Driven Novel by K. Bromberg – expected release date February 24th 2015
- The Immortal Who Loved Me: An Argeneau Novel (Argeneau Vampire) by Lyndsay Sands <— expected release date February 25th 2015
- Good Girl Gone (Reed Brothers) by Tammy Falkner – expected release date February 25th 2015
- Fire Down Below (Gynazule Book 1) by Debra Anastasia <— This one looks HILARIOUS!!! expected release February 28th 2015
Beware is on sale by Shanora Williams. It’s soooo good, gut wrenching, dangerous and just great… A big recommendation from me.
YAY! Okay I’ll add it, Tessa. 🙂
You’ve no idea how badly I want to read The Way We Fall ’cause it’s Cassia Leo and I really, really liked her Shattered Hearts series, but it’s a series. *pouting* And the same with Lost Until You…a series! *sigh* Still, they may be worth risking a CH…
For now I’m finishing up Wake and still loving it. But ya know what I’m *really* giddy for? Thoughtful on Tuesday!!!! 😀 Kellan was one of the first book guys I fell for and I can’t wait for his story!
Amy I had to get The Way We Fall because I loved Cassia Leo’s Shattered Hearts series also!
Lost Until You was Great!! No cliffhanger and I didn’t even realize it was part of a series! Definitely worth reading!
Oh and Thoughtful…. I think is going to hurt soooo good…I will definitely be feeling bad for Kellan!!!!!
Oh I got Beware too!!! Because, why not right? Looks good!
Just finished The Hurricane and OMG!! I died. It had such a BD feel to it. Read through the night and was a zombie for work. SOOOOO worth it!!
OMG Shunda! BD feel….. those are magical words around here. 1-clicking The Hurricane right now!
Magical is right!! 😀
Yikes! Forgot that I usually have kids in the car. REALLY gonna need to be more discreet with the audiobooks….just made our afternoon ride home from school extremely uncomfortable….and embarrassing. My 13yr old said, “Sooooo, this is what you do all day….listen to porn in the car”.
Shunda, I loved it too. I wasn’t sure about it since I’d never heard of the author but….from the first sentence, you’re totally in. I couldn’t put it down. I gave it a 5 star review on Amazon.
LOL Lauren. I always keep a spare set of earphones in the car for when I have passengers.
ROFL Poor Lauren. Also, your poor 13 year old who probably never wanted to know. Though, now you have blackmail ability. You can threaten to drive to school with the audiobook super loud if he (she) misbehaves. 😛
I didn’t edit (usually take out ones Maryse already mentioned) so sorry for some repeats.
When You’re Ready (The Ready Series Book 1) by JL Berg is FREE
The One You Want by Gena Showalter is FREE
Thrall (Daughters of Lilith Book 1) by Jennifer Quintenz is FREE
Hard Knocks: An Ultimate Novella by Lori Foster is FREE
Private Affairs by Anie Michaels is FREE
Fighting For Me by N Lee is FREE
Wanted By You by Steph Nuss is FREE
Scorched By You by Aria Albright is FREE
Rebound: The Pentagon Groul Book 1 by Rosemary Rey is FREE
September Tango by Scarlett Jade is FREE
Inevitable by Angela Graham is FREE
Deep in the Heart by Staci Stallings is FREE
Be My Hero (Forbidden Men Book 3) by Linda Kage is .99
Shelter Me and Rescue Me by Kathy Coopmans are .99
Beware by Shanora Williams is .99
The Photographer Trilogy Box Set by Sarah Robinson is .99
Wife Number Seven by Melissa Brown is 1.99
Catch Me by Claire Contreras is .99
You Are Mine (Mine #1) by Janeal Falor is .99
Ready to Fall (Modern Love Stories Book 2) by Daisy Prescott is .99
The Beautiful Dead by Daryl Banner is .99
Knockout by Tracey Ward is .99
A Millionaire’s Love Book 1 & 2 by Sandi Lynn are .99
Between Us: Sex on the Beach by Jen McLaughlin is .99
Beyond Me: Sex on the Beach by Jennifer Probst is .99
The Penton Vampire Legacy Book 3 & 4 by Susannah Sandlin are 1.99
Stormy Surrender (New Hope Book 1) by Nicole Andrews Moore is .99
Love Scars by Nicole Snow is .99
Silver Lining and Silver Dove by EJ Shortail are .99
Devlin UnLeashed by Bethany Bazile is .99
Annihilate Me 2: Vol. 1 by Christina Ross is .99
Surrendering by Ahren Sanders is .99
Tied (A Fire Born Novel Book 1) by Laney McMann is .99
Oh and Her Russian Protector Boxed Set Books 1-3 by Roxie Rivera mentioned above in the section about mafia romances is free right now
LOL Lauren!!!! Momma got called out by a 13-year-old!! 😛
Jean, that is great to know…guess I’ll be picking it up after all!
And Hurricane…Shunda, you’re gonna start a frenzy around here with a BD comparison like that. 😉
Dang Michelle, that is quite the list…thanks. 😀
Yeah it’s a long one today Amy but at least there are a bunch of freebies to balance it out right 😉
Oh, Lauren that’s hilarious. And just the right age for all kinds of snarky comments.
Have not decided if it I’d a movie night or book night.
Vision in Silver, so very close now!
I recently read a mafia romance that I loved called A Love of Vengeance by Nancy Haviland. Book 2 in the series is coming out in March. Also, Bethany Kris’s Filthy Marcellos Lucian was quite good.
Amy, I read Lost Until You and it did not have a cliff-hanger and the author says, “The Until You series can be read as a standalone or together. Each book will start and end with two different characters.”
I just started Amplify, Rockstar Book 3. The first two books were light-hearted but the author says this one will have more drama and angst.
Lauren that is hilarious. Yeh, I keep ear buds in the car just for that reason!!
Shunda you have me sold on The Hurricane.
Several on the list sound good, Crow’s Run (it has a sequel right?-Scare Crow?); Everything Has Changed, The Way We Fall ( but nooo, it’s book one in a series); Statistic sounds like it could be a mind f*@$ of a book, something different, but I really can’t wait for Thoughtful!!!Squeeeee!!!!!
Release of Slow Burn makes me want to read the Driven Series again. *sigh, Colton*
Thank you Michelle! Now I’ve 364 in my TBR non Sample collection… This is a good problem, right?
I bought Thoughtless so that I have it on my Kindle app, rather than another. Slowly, very slowly, Kindle will have all my books. Yeah!
Now to look at Hurricane.
Thanks for the Hurricane recommendation . Great read! Usually avoid NA like the plague (no offence to anyone who reads and enjoys them, just not my thing). But very compelling read.
I am loving The Hurricane! I have to ask what are you guys talking about when you say it has a BD feel? Thanks!
I’ve been waiting for Big Little Lies to go on sale, so I picked it up… thanks for posting this bargain. It has over 4 thousand 5 star reviews, and I’ve heard good things about it, so when I need a sure-fire-hit I will read this one.
But for now… it’s all Kyland baby! And I am liking it so far. I’m only about halfway done, and I don’t know where it is headed… I mean I do… but I don’t know who it is going to affect, so I like that element. And he’s a keeper. Love him. And my high-school-self loves him. I just want to hug him and bake him a cake. And the heroine is super likable. No one is annoying me. Can’t wait to see how it all plays out.
Just one more quick note…. Kyland is by Mia Sheridan, who wrote Archer’s Voice (which I love-love-loved)…. and in this book, I can feel and hear that same author’s voice. It’s THAT Mia Sheridan….
I am going to have to squirrel away from LoA to my copy of Peter Pan for the flight back home today. :-0
I loved Kyland MichelleS! And yes THAT Mia Sheridan!!! I will automatically download anything she publishes!
Oh I am in love with The Summer Remains!!!! Beautiful, beautiful love story…. yeah stuffed manatee may be a little wet and sloppy this morning…..I am left in a book fog and will probably need a few days to recover!
Thanks Cheryl! Between you and Jean assuring me of no CH, Lost Until You is no longer a no-go. 😀
I’m sold on The Summer Remains, Jean. Just make sure I get Manny back before I start that one or Life of Anna, m’kay? Oh, and drop me some occasional reminders about TSR ’cause my book ADD is out of freaking control right now. I had all these other books I was determined to read, and then I start String Bridge which was nowhere on my radar. But it’s good so far!
Jen, “BD feel” means Beautiful Disaster feel…a lot of us have a thing for Travis here. 😉 But not Maryse…nah, I don’t think she really cares for him too much. *giggle*
Bev, Vision in Silver…that’s the third Others book, right?
Nope nuh uh, Not me ‘n Travis. Definitely not. LOL!!!!
As soon as I finish Five Stages I’m moving onto Hurricane. YAY ME!!!! I hope I have another Travis waiting… 😉
Amy, yes it is the third. It comes out on the third, too. I’m going to have to hurry and re-read the second.
Fabi, it has been awhile since I’ve read Peter Pan. I never read it as a child, I think I was I was in my early twenties. I remember I loved the description of the mom, it was something about the kiss on the corner of her mouth. Oh, can’t remember exactly.
Any mention of Peter Pan always makes me want a Nan dog.
Amy, I was thinking black dagger, lol, so thanks for the clear up. Just one clicked sounds fun.
Except now I have Rock me like a Hurricane going through my head. Except that is the only line I know so it’s on a loop. So need coffee.
MichelleS, I did so enjoy Kyland. The first fifty percent or so the best. But only because I liked that so much I wanted the last part to be as in depth. It was a perfect lazy Sunday read. So, have you read E&P?
Jean, making me want to read The Summer Remains. May have to share Manny with you Amy! 😉
New release of 10 sports romances for $.99. The Sport of Romance: A Multi-Author Box Set. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RZVMVQI. Love me some sports stories!!!!
Thanks for the clarification! Beautiful Disaster was the book that started my obsession with reading!
Dang it ladies, now I have to go 1 click Hurricane.
I started LoA last night and was at 50% this morning before tearing myself away from it. Totally hooked. Wish my iPad had a privacy screen for my plane ride.
Yup, Peter Pan is my favorite fairy tale. Nope, my fav is not one of the princess ones. I love those too, but those rowdy Lost Boys stole my heart. Oh, and I really do have the original book version on Kindle. Lol go ahead and say it (*she’s so random*). I’m weird and I know it.
P.S. Almost done Five Stages and OMG BIG FAT PLOPPY tears on and off throughout. Gorgeous book.
Okay Fabi, what’s LoA?
I have no idea what to start today. Crow’s Row looks good and I might go with that. I finished the Arcana Chronicles, at least the first three books and loved this series so far. Tessa, I’m completely team Jack though and I had a major freak out about how book 3 ended! I wonder how many books she plans for the series? Which ones did ya go with from my huge list yesterday? I’m not seeing too many good deals today…
I do want to reread The Others series too, not that I do not have them almost memorized by now 😉 I can’t wait Bev – there’s an excerpt up on Bishop’s website from Vision in Silver. I can’t decide if I want to read that or Dead Heat first on the 3rd…what a lovely dilemma!
Fabi, does it feel like this on the plane?
LOL! I was that way on our last flight except I had a little girl next to me who was flying alone and did NOT need to be reading what I was reading and then my hubby on the other side who was bored and thought it was funny to read the sex scenes out loud. I gave up trying to read on that flight pretty quick. 😉
Aw Maryse, need a snuggle? Five Stages sounds really good from what everyone has said.
Oh, and LoA is the Life of Anna series which Jean recommended that is really dark…like Tied Man dark. Actually, worse than that. Courtesan-level dark. And I can’t wait to read them. 😉 MichelleS and Jean said they are the kind of books you read and then delete from your device so no one ever knows you had them, LOL!!! I know, I know…you didn’t ask me but I had too much coffee and I’m wound up and my hubby is hiding from me so here I am. Answering questions. Whether or not I was asked them. 😛
I think I’m going with Hurricane today. Throwing my tbr out the window for now. I’ve barely read last couple days, so want to get back to the tbr after this. Way too many library books that need to be read and another that came in.
Michelle, I wanted to just read MOC. I’m still going to try. I read the sample! I’m thinking someone is going to be very unhappy, but I’m hoping being proactive will help Meg. I’m curious as to who the girls are. I’m not sure if I’ll dive into this book or the .CS Harris one. Such a great problem to have.
I just finished Kyland. 5 stars for sure! I had a lump in my throat and lone tears kept squeezing out of my left eye for the entire second half of the book. It was just so dang sweet and achy and beautiful. I’m totally in love with this man/boy right now…. until the next one comes along anyway. It had an epilogue, and all that angst…. just perfect.
The Summer Remains, huh? Gotta check that out. I can’t have any kind of crying book, I just spent hours with that itchy throat thing that happens in a good emotional book.
Maryse, it looks like a good read but very pretty early spring day here, so no tears today.
I still want some of Jean’s snow, but for now going to go out and soak up some of this sunshine and fresh air.
Fabi, I had to look up the description, “and her sweet mocking mouth had one kiss on it that Wendy could never get, though there it was, perfectly conspicuous in the right-hand corner.”
Maryse, what Amy said above. Bev, I love that quote!
I’m only 17% into String Bridge, and I’m already getting emotionally knotted up (but in the way that I like ;)). For not having a whole lot of background info on their history and marriage, this book is making me feel. FEEL. Maybe because of the thoughts of “what if my hubby acted that way” to “what would I do in her shoes” and back to “I would be devastated if my hubby talked to me that way.”
I’m totally experiencing right along with her the feelings of wanting to make things better in the marriage yet not knowing if it’s worth the effort any more, feeling loved by her husband one moment and hurt by him not long after, vacillating between being angry over his behavior and aching because it’s hurtful. And that’s just the marriage aspect…throw in career stuff and motherhood and ba-BAM…she’s (I’m) gonna explode soon. See?? All this at only 17%. I love this. 😀
Just finished The Summer Remains and I am literally broken……just beautiful….. I think the manatee will need to be steam cleaned before handing him over…..
Need to catch my breath and then possibly start The Hurricane tonight.
Yeah! Michelle, I’m so glad you’re enjoying the Arcana Chronicles. I’m team Aric. I’m more sad about the other person. We heard the confirmation from Matthew with that person and I cried! I’m dedicated to this series now. The Lovers… wow. Not expecting that. I can’t wait for the next and finding out about the World.
I got all the freebies from yesterday (again, free!) and ended up getting thoughtless because of the Kindle thing. Biggest squee was a freebie, Slack. I’ve been wanting to read it, and now I’ve got it. So of course… I’m reading Thrall. *rolls eyes* My moods really need to get in sync with the great things that are recommended. I’m in the mood for YA PNR right now, and that looked intriguing. Add to that, the others are KU books… I’m hoping it stays good. *grins* I can’t wait to read Life of Anna, but each time I start reading it, I just eep too much and deviate to something happy.
*runs from Five Stages* No tears!
So I wasn’t going to look at the list this week and I lasted until Saturday night – so that is good right?? Lost count on the one clicks! Mafia book recommendations purchased too… Amy – is string bridge by Jessica Bell? Bit more pricey than normal here in the UK so am holding off for now! The Hurricane was brill really enjoyed it and want the second one! Also loved the five stages of falling in love..pre-ordered thoughtful so can not wait for that! Now I am going to stop browsing and watch the Voice UK as that doesn’t cost anything!
erm, Emperor, not World.
So, I’ve mentioned podcast before. One of the book ones I like is Scandalicious & her sexy nerd herd. Just if you give them a listen beware who else is listening as NSFW. And also if a book you have not read is under discussion to beware of possible spoilers. Any way I really enjoy them and man they can make me laugh. I’m going to try and link to one so that I remember really enjoying when they discussed all the Rock Chick books right before the finale one was released.
Oh gah…. I just read the blurb for The Summer Remains on amazon. “she faces a risky surgery in three months’ time that may or may not end in her death. The second is that she would like to fall in love before then”…. it’s gonna be painful, isn’t it? I can’t cry right now. Nope… I need an alpha biker or maybe a shifter or something. Can’t do it. No manatees for me.
Michelle’s, I clicked on a free shifter book today, for free. I guess the first of three. CH was mentioned but then one comment said no more like open to continuation how UF/PNR can be. It seems to have good reviews though the premise seems a little out there. It was Prisoner by Lia Silver.
I’m going fighter today with Hurricane.
If you want to have a laugh try the podcast I linked to. No I’m not being bossy. *looks away and whistles*
Michelle’s = Michelle S. My phone recognizes all your names my tablet not so much, lol.
Bev, Werewolf Marines?! 1-click *snort*
OMG, sound familiar anyone? She’s talking about morning breath…
“Our breaths never smelled bad before we got married. What’s with that? There must have been something in the ceremonial wine.”
Yep Paula, that’s the one…and I’m completely loving it so far. 😀
Tessa, oh I didn’t mean to downplay the other gasp at the end of book 3, I teared up especially after knowing what they just went through. I like Aric but he does things that annoy me more…haha well not that Jack doesn’t as well. I’m completely in love with the Cajun dialect now and have been looking for more books with characters like that but it doesn’t seem like it’s too popular. The series is for sure a keeper for me though! Yey for all the freebies 🙂 I pick them all up as well. If anyone reads some of them you should post to let us know what you think. I’ll be curious to see what you think about Thrall. Slack was an awesome find for me too since I have Taut but needed that one to continue with the spinoff.
Bev, my library has the first CS Harris book and I still want to start that series. I have the audiobooks for The Others series so I might listen to them instead so I can multitask. I’m counting down the days! I got the other wereowlf marine book free Laura’s Wolf a few months ago and thought it looked interesting.
Fabi, lol, right?!
Michelle, let me know what you think when you get around to the first Sebastian book. I liked it but at first did not plan to follow up. Then a few years later did and so happy I did. So, cajun heroes. I swear I must have some rattling around my head, always liked the endearments. I just can’t shake them out. Then I listened to last weeks ep of the podcast and the brought up 2 books that I’ve read that if I remember correctly fit.
Sandra Hill has the Cajun heroes. I was going through a Rogue Gambit phase, and her stuff is just good funny. They are all stand alone other than the fact that the characters come back as secondaries.
Darn touch screens, sorry about that.
Linda Howard’s After the Night. Oh, I remembered this hero pissed me off something fierce. I really wanted the heroine to walk away sometimes.
Cara Mckenna’s Shivaree books. I have not read the prequel, yet. But in order with prequel is Backwoods, Shivaree, Getaway. I love the way she describes Gabriel and also I think from the little I’ve read of her she is so good at atmosphere.
Oh, picked up Poison Princess through Scribd so hopefully get to that soon.
After the Night – She should have, yes. Multiple times.
Tessa, did you ever read Sarah’s Child? I could not forgive that hero. I still get mad thinking of him, lol.
Amy, yep that does sound familiar. String Bridge sounds like what I’m in the mood for. Think that’s my next book. Though can’t cry today, got eyelash extensions today and crying/ getting them wet is one of the no-no’s; at least for 4 hours! 😉
Does Hurricane end in a cliffhanger, read something about a sequel??
Sarah’s Child? Oooh, didn’t get around to that. I haven’t read her stuff since right before Mr. Perfect, though Mr. Perfect looks good, I was boycotting all mystery romance writers, because a BUNCH jumped to the genre at the time. I think all this memory might send me back to reading her stuff. All said and done, she did contemporary right. I just wanted my other authors to write non-mysteries again. (*cough* Catherine Coulter *cough*)
I missed that Michelle. You want reviews of all the freebies… *eyes widen* I should. Can you imagine if I commented on every book I read? I really should.
Tessa, lol. Really he is not a good hero. There is a connected book, Almost Forever, that I really liked. They are pretty old titles. I think from one of the romance publishers.
Just finished LoA, Enslaved. Who and what are Devin and Alex? What about Wilhelm? Is Kurt one of them? Is Ian bad or good? Jack was good but then bad? Are Tony and Seth going to play a bigger part? Who and what is Anna that makes her so important to these men and their society?
Why do authors publish partial books?
I keep seeing all this positive buzz for The Deal by Elle Kennedy. And since I have to follow the crowd I know what I’ll be one clicking on Tuesday. Just hope it lives up to the buzz.
Fabi – did you read the entire book one of LoA? Because by the end I knew a bunch of that info! Very quickly into book two you find out what makes her so special to these men, and their brotherhood. Jack is bad, very very bad, in my opinion. Kurt is Alex’s brother… nothing particularly special about him yet revealed. Wilhelm, Alex & Kurt’s dad is a guy you just can’t help liking. And Devin….. Devin is revealing himself to be so so bad, but then he has this wacky soft side that I can’t reconcile with his behavior. It’s a complicated mess, isn’t it? Which is why I ket going. And the paranormal thing come in pretty quickly in book two.
Your eyelash extension comment made me laugh, Cheryl. 😉 String Bridge hasn’t made me cry yet…I’m just getting bounced between being p!ssed at Alex (her husband) and feeling hurt right along with her and wanting things to get better for them! I’m loving all of the emotion.
Ooooh Bev, that sounds like it might be another BD-feel book! 😀 Is it awful that I’m gonna wait for you to guinea pig it?
I read the entire book. It left me with more questions than it answered. I got the creepy feeling that no one was who they appeared to be. The evil ones had soft sides, the good ones had bad sides. Even Alex, the only one who appears to be presented as wholly good, is involved in a society that does very bad things. Again, it felt like the beginning of a book instead a whole book.
Bev and Amy, read the blurb on The Deal, sounds really good. Noticed it’s book 1 in a series.
Might have to wait for you to read it too Bev, to make sure no cliffhanger!! 😉
I’ll take one for the team, lol. Not much of a risk. I think she has another series about seals that I read one or two from and liked.
Amy, I’m just starting String Bridge and love this… “Since when should a woman be responsible for her husband’s incompetence?” Ah, I guess it’s safe to say there’s trouble in paradise!! 😉
Amy, what did you think of Wake? I know you were loving it as you read it.
Just started Hurricane, not sure how much I’ll get done today cause its the Oscars.
Bev, I stated Hurricane today too! Hoping it’s not like all the other fighter books!
I just finished Thrall. I liked it, about 3.5 stars. The story was fast paced and the writing was good. The Lilith scenario was different and it was full of action. However, I kept putting it down, not enthralled, and sadly, it was forgettable. Nothing stood out as emotionally gripping. Still, free and worth reading number 2.
Yay, Jean. Buddy read.
I feel like I’m in a book slump. I’ve read several 3 star books back to back. They’re good, but not great. I want to continue LoA but I can’t until Wednesday when my book budget resets for the month. I need to get back to Station Eleven because I know from Michelle and MichelleS that it’s an awesomely great book. I have over 200.books in my tbr and can’t get excited over a single one to read next. *listening to all the peanut gallery whispers of “she’s crazy”*. Bah humbug. When is the last Night Owl trilogy book coming out? I think it’s soon and I’ve been hearing muttered squeees about it.
Tessa, you should definitely comment on all the books you read, even the freebies. If you do it with an account on Goodreads we can follow your reviews. I think we can do that on Amazon too, but I don’t know how that works. On GB we just “friend” each other similar to FB and, voilà, we get to see your favorite reads.
Cajun heroes: Viper Game (Ghostwalker series #11 by Christine Feehan) has a Cajun H. If I remember correctly, the previous one, #10, also has a Cajun H. Cajun Hs are really interesting. Especially because they come from an environment where the females are so colorful.
…ok I’ll stop posting. I’m so annoying when I’m bored.
Fabi, book 3, After Dark expected out March 24. I’ve put off starting this series until it is complete. 😉
Thanks Cheryl! I don’t think this one has cliff hangers but I totally agree with waiting for a complete series. I just need to find the patience. 🙂
Amy, String Bridge is making me sad. I hurt for Melody and wonder what’s up with Alex. I’m at 33%. *sigh*
Bev, I really liked Wake for the majority of the book, but the last part just kind of…I don’t know, coasted? Maybe it’s just that I’m used to expecting some kind of big conflict or issue that has to be overcome by the characters near the end, and this didn’t really have that so it kind of fizzled out. I would definitely recommend it though when you need something with a nice steady pace that will get you attached to the characters. 😉
Cheryl, right?? That’s what I meant by I keep “feeling” her when she is torn between making things right again in their marriage and not knowing if it’s worth it to even try. I’m just past 50% and whoooooaaaaa some stuff is happening.
This part was one of those where if I was to the point of having this thought, I *know* I would probably be doing a laugh-sob:
“Maybe I am going to turn out like my mother, after all. Maybe I’ll lose it, just like she did, like the day she hit herself over the head several times with a frying pan to make herself pass out— to escape reality— to “sleep through the sh*t.” <——- I was snickering while hurting for her!
There Fabi…three posts from me too so you won’t feel like the only one who has multiple posts in a row. 😉
Thank you Amy! You’re also making me want to read that book. I think this is the longest I’ve gone in forever without deciding what to read next.
Michelle, I’ve been adding all my books to book lending.com. it’s been good to see what I have on my Kindle.
Fabi – I have a fabulous idea – go off script completely and go back and read a sure fire hit! On the Island!!! I just KNOW you’re gonna love it!!!!
I was thinking along similar lines. Since I can’t continue LoA for a few days, I thought about picking one like OTI which is exploding off my tbr.
Wait just to check because I got confused with all the comments I missed, After the Night has a cajun hero?
Haha not every freebie Tessa! I just meant if people do read them, they should post to let us know if they are worth a read since it seems people are picking up the free ones at least. Good to know about Thrall.
Fabi, I’m behind in that series and haven’t got to Viper Game yet but now I have to. I haven’t read #10 either so if they both have cajun heroes I’m excited! Are you getting loans yet on booklending? I just got loaned Bet on Us by Rachel Higginson and since her new book got a 5 star from Maryse I’m excited to try her books. All of those freebies I’ve been posting, I add too if I know I will not read them right away to count towards lends.
Oh and Fabi, did you finish Cinder or did you squirrel like with Station eleven. Both of those are not 3 star reads if you need to get out of your rut.
I’m late to the cajun party – what on earth are you guys talking about? is it some Black Dagger Brotherhood-like group of cajuns or something???
Haha no MichelleS I read the Arcana Chronicles and fell I love with the whole Cajun dialect and all the sexy talk so I was asking for more recs for books with Cajun heroes.
Amy,that really sums up her despair about what to do with her life. I’m at 60% now and yeh stuff has happened.Now to see how Melody handles it. Know what I would do and it wouldn’t be pretty!!!
I finished Cinder but haven’t gone to the next one yet.
Haha MichelleS. No, I think the Cajun talk is similar to the talk about Scottish heroes.
Oh no did Cinder fall into a 3 star category for you then? It was 4 stars for me and Station Eleven was a 5 star. OTI was fantastic if you haven’t read that yet.
Michelle I’ve requested a couple of loans today and so far I’ve sent over a dozen loans out and I’m barely halfway through my Kindle. Adding them is time consuming. I wish all sites allowed uploading directly from Amazon like GB does.
All my books? *gulps* Alright, two reviews and whatever I’m reading a day on goodreads. Because, um… I usually don’t, and I’ve read 58 books so far this year.
Michelle, *points to 58 book comment* How do you think I afford reading that much? Kindle Unlimited and freebies are my friends!
Michelle, Cinder had too many logic holes for me to give it 4 stars. But itveas still a totally original and enjoyable read. Station Eleven I am going back to. It is NOT a dnf for me. I just needed a break from Shakespeare. I’m going back to it. In fact, it’s the March read for the sci fi and fantasy group on GB.
Tessa, look me up on GB so I get updates of your reviews. :-). I didn’t go back and add reviews to my past reads but I did start reviewing any new reads.
Michelle, I couldn’t remember if the hero was cajun or not. I guess I see Louisiana & a French last name I think cajun. So, just glanced at the sample and he is of French creole descent. Honestly I just remember how mad he made me, lol.
Fabi, request as many as you can since you will have more chance to get a loan faster. I have hundreds of requests up and I always get three loans a week. Don’t forget you can change the setting to get less loans a week too. I get what you are saying about Cinder but it was so unique and witty for me that I bumped my rating up. The next book I did give 3 stars to since the uniqueness couldn’t make up for the plot going awry. The third book recovered for me somewhat. They were not as amazing as I heard but I definitely will read the next book to see how it ends. Now on the other hand, Station Eleven NEEDS to be read!
Tessa, I have met my match in speed reading! 58 books already! I’m working on #52 today, Crow’s Row. Oh but I totally agree if you read as many books. I love my freebies and booklending.com that Fabi was talking about to get loans and my library – otherwise I would be broke!
Bev, it still looked good and I checked out my library and it had it, also a bunch of others with night in the title, a series? I haven’t read any of her books so I’ll have to look up what series she has.
0.0 Do you know how many Fabi are on Goodreads? I didn’t either until I looked. Mine is just under my name, Tessa Donoho. I don’t think there are any extra of those. *grins*
crap! I didn’t know there were so many of me. hahaha
I just sent you a friend request.
btw you and Michelle amaze me with the amount of books you can read in such a short time frame – I’m reading a lot when I average 2-3 books a week
I’m With You by Taylor Dean is FREE
The Unspoken Series Box Set by Marilyn Grey is FREE
In Between by Jenny B Jones is FREE
Creatus by Carmen DeSousa is FREE
1929: Book One by ML Gardner is FREE
The Evolved by Simon Jenner is FREE
Heartless by Rita Herron is FREE
Tribe by Kaelyn Ross is FREE
Lady Danger by Glynjis Campbell is FREE
Bound to the Alpha: Part One by Viola Rivard is FREE
Haunting Leigh by Melanie James is FREE
More Than Music by Elizabeth Briggs is .99
Taken by Love by Melissa Foster is .99
Sweet Possession by Maya Banks is 3.64
Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster is 1.99
Tempted by Elisabeth Naughton is 2.99
Bound by Kate Sparkes is .99
Finders Keepers by Nicole Williams is .99
The MacLomain Series Boxed Set by Sky Purington is .99
Painted Lines by Brei Betzold is .99
The Panther and The Pearl by Doreer Owens Malek is .99
The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor is .99
Bride of a Scottish Warrior by Adrienne Basso is 1.99
Love Song Series Box Set by Emily Minton is .99
Lone Wolf Standing by Carla Cassidy is .99
Behind the Mask and A Matter of Honor by Elizabeth D Michaels are .99
Fires of Winter by Johanna Lindsey is 1.99
Pieces of Me by Erica Cope is .99
Fire Hawk’s Bride by Judith E French is .99
The Girl on the Half Shell by Susan Ward is .99
Out of the Box Regifted by Jennifer Theriot is .99
When Fates Collide by Isabella Richards is .99
The Blood of Angels by Selena Kitt is .99
Shattered by Tracy Wolff is .99
Untamed 2 by Jinsey Reese is .99
A Season for Angels by Debbie Macomber is 1.99
Whew that’s two days worth…I need to post daily since that’s alot huh! Check prices though since again some were from yesterday and they might have changed.
Thanks Michelle. And Fabi, approved. You never knew you had so many clones, huh? Also, reading so fast isn’t that great. If it wasn’t excessively different or emotional, I read and absorb so fast, I forget it. Heck, reviews might be good just to keep them separated. Some I’ve read and am looking at thinking, um… Um…
Oh forgot. Read The Duff this week. If you like YA, it’s cute, funny and angsty real teenage issues.
Amy, at 80% in String Bridge….what…No, no NO!!!! There goes my eyelash extensions. *grabs for manatee*
Ok, just finished String Bridge. I didn’t see that coming. *wipes tears* Beautiful story about marriage and choices and consequences. My only complaint, (which I seem to have had about books I’ve read lately), is the ending; specifically the last few paragraphs. What a tease!! I would have liked more details leading up to the ending. *hands “cleaned” manatee back to Amy*
If you need a good mascara now, Cheryl, I could throw a couple of recs your way. 😉 Or throw on some Red Cherry lashes and you’ll be good!
*takes and cuddles stuffed manatee* Yeah, SB didn’t go the way I thought it was going to. That can be a good thing (in fact I usually *love* when I get that kind of surprise in a book), but with this one I wasn’t thrilled with it. You know what I had a problem with was not caring more about a certain someone after a certain “event”…at that 80% mark I was a little teary-eyed for *her* but that was all. It was more of a “well, that sucks” kind of thing. Oh well, on to the next one!
Precarious by Bella Jewel is FREE
Forever Black by Sandi Lynn is FREE
The Bars that Hold Us and Ruining Angel by Shelly Pratt are FREE
Changed by Heather Dahlgren is FREE; Books 2 & 3 are .99
True Colors by Melissa Pearl is FREE
Finding Dandi by Sable Hunter is FREE
Vampire Love Story: First Seven Novels by HT Night is FREE
Heart Waves by Danielle Sibarium is FREE
Straight from the Heart by Breigh Forstner is FREE
Audrey’s Guide to Witchcraft by Judy Gehrman is FREE
Displaced by JF Jenkins is FREE
Feels Like the First Time by Casey McMillin is FREE
Less Than Nothing by RE Blake is FREE
Stray by Andrea K Host is FREE
The Will (The Magdalene Series Book 1) by Kristen Ashley is .99
Renegade Lady (Renegade Sons MC Book 1) by Dawn Martens is .99
The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner Book 2) by James Dashner is 2.80
Unbreakable Together by Amanda Chayse is .99
Twisted by Cari Quinn is 1.99
Ghost by Stephanie Rowe is .99
Pulse Point: Nine Aurthors, Nineteen Hundred Pages of Romance is .99
Octavian’s Undoing by Morgana Phoenix is .99
Just a Little Crush by Renita Pizzitola is .99
Wolf’s Desire by Ambrielle Kirk is .99
Strange Magic Part 2 by Michelle Mankin is .99
The Ascension Series Books 1-3 by SM Reine is .99
World Apart Boxed Set by Nicola Marsh is .99
Accepting Fate by Deanna Chase is .99
Hot Shot by Lynn Raye Harris is .99
SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrows is 1.99
Warbreaker and The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson are 2.99
Reckless Magic by Rachael Higginson was seriously good. It kept my mind occupied, even when I was no where near the book. A lot of action, and it didn’t linger or feel like filler. Also, thee secondaries, other than Seraphina, seemed real. It was just awesome.
Thanks Michelle! Been waiting for The Will to go on sale!
Alright, 200 page books I sail through. Finished Shiftless by Aimee Easterling. Good writing, though a little on the typical werewolf story. Probably the best description is fun, with my mind asking enough questions to be curious about number three.
Love the Eagle Elite series. Have you read it yet Maryse? Highly recommend it. I just finished Ember, Phoenix’s story so emotional!! My heart just ached for him and all his pain. From hating him you grow to love him. Love each and every one of the Mafia bosses stories. So excited there’s another one!!!