<— First… I was talking about this one yesterday on my blog (it’s what I’m currently reading and loving – it’s a psychological thriller and everyone seems SO messed up – FUN!!!) and I paid full price for it. And now…. as of today it’s on sale. *squee!*
I’m going to try a new “format” today… And maybe if we love it, I’ll continue this post like this every week. Since the 2015 Reading Challenge has encouraged me to branch out in my reads, I’m finding all sorts of good stuff that I wouldn’t normally choose for my blog, and loving it. Considering my love for psych-thrillers, and how I’ve loved (and many here LOVE) historicals, and of course, we still love our paranormals, and the HUGE dystopian craze going on, I figured I’d find us bargains (or reader recommendations) in each of our most favorite genres.
So feel free to send me recs for any genre. If you found a book you LOVED like crazy, even if it’s not romance, let me know (and why). And I just might add it here. 😀 Of course, romance remains my absolute favorite (there’s nothing better than a love story) so I’ll especially *squee!* if you send me awesome recs for those, but you know? Anything goes on Friday. And I’ll separate them by genre, so if you’re just in the mood for something in particular, you can just go right to it’s category… I think this’ll be fun and allow us to discover all sorts of other goodies. Other genres I will be featuring with the bargain finds and reader recs are “chick lit” and “dark reads”. *waggles eyebrows*
Oh!! And don’t forget yesterday’s 5 brand new releases!! —> 5 of Today’s Brand Spankin’ New Releases (and what I’m currently reading…)
P.S. Fabi asked how to subscribe to my blog and be updated overtime I post (without having to subscribe to each individual post) so for this of you wondering, too, here’s how: Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE (also includes NA, and YA, bikers, bad boys, bad guys, rock stars etc…)
- Temptation by Robin Covington <— Oh SHE’S the rock star in this one and HE’S a SEXY FIREFIGHTER! “Max Butler is as far from a celebrity as you can get and he likes it that way. A Nashville firefighter, he’s living the single life with a revolving door of parties, friends, and a different woman in his bed every night. When his normal life suddenly collides with the girl on his favorite Rolling Stone cover, he sees the perfect chance to fulfill his ultimate fantasy and see just how bad Kit can be.” <— bargain-priced!!
- Color of Loneliness by Madeleine Beckett <— Claudia considers this one re-read good! She moves back to her old town after heartache, and regroups with new friends and neighbors… and then she hires a contractor to help her repair her home… “Slowly, a reluctant friendship develops between the pair, followed by romantic feelings which neither of them can fight. However, their painful past experiences threaten to tear them apart.“
- Fifty Shades Trilogy Bundle: Fifty Shades of Grey; Fifty Shades Darker; Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James <— SUPER SUPER SALE on this trilogy! One of my alllllll time favorites in the world. I know… we’ve all read it. But OMG the whole series bundled at this price? REMARKABLE!!!! In case someone here still hasn’t gotten to it yet…
- Irreparably Broken (Irreparable Book 1) by KJ Bell <— super-sale on both book #1 AND #2 AND #3 (thank you Aimee!) LOVE TRIANGLE between her best friend’s brothers! TWO of ’em. One bad boy tortured soul (outwardly confident) and one that always makes her laugh… Laura recommends it: “It was so good and gave me that “feeling” that you have mentioned out about books you love. It’s by KJ Bell and it’s called Irreparably Broken – you won’t be disappointed!“
- Irreversible Damage (Irreparable Book 2) by KJ Bell <— #2 (also on super-sale)
- Tug (Irreparable Book 3) by KJ Bell <— and #3. I won’t dare read the blurbs of these last two, so I don’t ruin the series for myself. 😀
- Mayhem by Jamie Shaw <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! Bargain priced and one from the latest “new release” list this week, and Jackie & Tessa loved it!
Jackie: Finished Mayhem. Have to say it was one of my favorites I’ve read in awhile. While there wasn’t a ton of angst…definitely some sexual tension, the bad boy rock star and lots of humor interwoven, made it a book I was sad to finish. Looks like more are coming about fellow band members. Would definitely recommend this one.
Tessa: Jackie, just read Mayhem based on what you said, and loved it. I kept smiling through the whole thing. I adored Mike the most, and I can’t wait for his story. Adam was definitely hot, but Mike just seemed so sweet, and like quite a few of my friends, that I wanted to hug him. 🙂
- A Second Chance at Paris (Bayou’s End Book 1) by Cole McCade <— Here’s another new bargain-priced release that got my attention over the weekend, and so many seem to LOVE this male author. He’s a kick!!! And in one of my recent “Would You Believe” posts (author secrets…) he revealed that he used to be a phone sex operator. Tee hee!!! And Fabi couldn’t help but love him. “Did y’all see that Cole McCade post Maryse has? It’s hilarious. His Twitter feed with Ion this afternoon was really funny too. And here I thought authors were introverts. Ha! I can’t wait to read his book.” Okay so from the blurb, she was a dorky girl, super intelligent but… you know. She fell for him in Paris, and they left each other and never saw each other again. Now that she’s a whole new person, she surprisingly meets him again IN PARIS and he likes her! And doesn’t recognize her… “Celeste is hiding more than her identity. Hiding something that makes it hard to trust her increasingly erratic behavior, and her frequent secretive phone calls. When the truth comes out, the deception could shatter them both…unless they can give each other a second chance, and take a risk on love.” And now Fabi has started it and she is LOVING it!! She says: “I am caught like a fish on a hook. I started reading it this morning and couldn’t put it down to go to work. I’ve even been sneaking peeks at it all day at the office. Guess what I’m doing as soon as I get home? I will be gushing on this book all weekend.“
- Beautiful Ink by Nicole Reed <— super popular one from a year or so ago and on super-sale right now! Amy loved it! “It’s a bit of a different spin on the whole MC story but I really liked it. That partially-hidden tattoo on her neck…oh, that hurt my heart. I shouln’t be surprised though with how her book Ruining Me had me going “WTF just happened!?!” at the end of it.” and Jean agrees: “Lol Amy! Oh and I loved Beautiful Ink too!!”
- Dylan (Inked Brotherhood Book 4) by Jo Raven <— Recent release that is getting so many great reviews! “The one who shows up to save her from violence before the stroke of midnight, who kisses her and holds her close, only to tell her in the course of the same night he doesn’t love her. Tessa knows Dylan has gone through some tough times, and they’re only getting tougher – but is he telling the truth about his lack of feelings for her, or is he running from his own demons?“
- Third Degree by Julie Cross <— Aimee found us this one on super-sale!!! “I just failed the most important exam of my life—the emotional readiness test required to get into a medical residency program—and it turns out my parents can’t stand each other. Now I’m trying to figure out how to pick up the pieces of my life, and that means re-enrolling as a college freshman, but this time I’m shutting the books and majoring in being eighteen…“
- All This Time by Marie Wathen <— Ohhhh this one sounds “bad-guy” good!! She’s an undercover cop and she’s infiltrating a drug cartel!! “Sam lets her guard down when she establishes real relationships with the wrong people. She finds something unexpected and her heart leads her into doing things she normally wouldn’t allow. Could something like bending the rules cause her two worlds to collide?” Aimee found it on super-sale!
- Take Me for Granted by K.A. Linde <— On SUPER-SALE right now ’cause book #2 (Take Me With You) is coming out on Tuesday!! He’s a bad boy rock star and she’s a no-nonsense good girl/student! FUN TIMES!!! Plus, did you guys know K.A. Linde is a HUGE fan of dystopian and fantasy reads? No? She LOVES ’em and has a few of her own recommendations that she’ll be presenting here in a guest post on Monday. I LOVE HER!!
- Tall Tales and Wedding Veils by Jane Graves <— Eeasha recommends this one! “The Couple get drunk and married in.Vegas, then have to pretend to go with it. my favorite dialogue is when Heather (The heroine) says to “Him”: “I cook because I love to eat, not because I have ovaries!!!” And he says: “Sure, then dont expect me to go around killing lizards!” And she says: “Surprsingly that doesnt need balls!” :’D all of her books are Beyond witty and tears-rolling-down funny. The heroes are yummy, the dialogues are whip smart!”
- Love Like the Movies by Victoria Van Time <— Briana’s recommendation. She says “I loved Love Like The Movies by victoria Van Time” Sounds so cute! “…movie fanatic Kensington Shaw is thrown into love—Hollywood-style—when her gorgeous ex presents a series of big screen challenges to win back her heart.“
- The Infamous Ellen James (Infamous Series Book 1) by N.A. Alcorn <— This one’s been recommended a bunch! Carrie says: “I can’t say enough about it. Just fabulous!!” and Sharon too! “LOVED the infamous Ellen James!!! One of my favorites. ” LOL! I just read the blurb and can already imagine the fun. “Meet twenty-eight year old Ellen James. A sarcastic, feisty, foul-mouthed ER Nurse. She is snarky, sassy, and sometimes crudely inappropriate. After a terrible breakup with her fiancé, Ellen has promised herself that she will never make the mistake of falling for another man again… and physicians, well she’s more than written them off. Once she meets sexy Trauma Surgeon, Dr. Trent Hamilton, this promise is unbelievably hard to keep…”
- Avoiding Amy Jackson (Infamous Series Book 2) by N.A. Alcorn <— and here’s #2! GREAT reviews for this one, also. 😀
- Mercy (Buchanan / Renard / MacKenna Book 2) by Julie Garwood <— Becky recommends this one! “Gut busting funny with a bit of suspense absolutely loved it. All of her books have that balance of humor and suspense. I have reread her books when I need a good laugh and an escape from my troubles.“
- Head Over Heels by Cindy Procter-King <— Lori loved this one! “I wanted to add (as I thought they were quite funny) two books by Cindy Procter-King: Head Over Heels, and Borrowing Alex.” <— FAKE BOYFRIEND alert!! LOL! “Justin’s girlfriend dumps him, forcing him to find a quick replacement. Magee—pretty, clever, and a skilled cyclist—is the perfect choice to masquerade as his “lover.” Or so Justin thinks. Because Magee is in major trouble. She knows no more about mountain biking than Justin does about demi-bras. Before long, an irate ex pops up, fake identities abound…“
- The List by Melanie Jacobson – Sounds cute and funny and the reviews are very convincing!! <— “This summer in California is a prime time for Ashley to cross two items off the list: learn to surf (#13) and have a summer romance (#17). And Matt Gibson, the best surf instructor in Huntington Beach and the most wanted guy in the singles ward, is the perfect man for the job. Ashley hatches a plan to love him and leave him before heading off to grad school in the fall (#4, get a master’s degree). But when Matt decides he doesn’t like the “leaving” part, Ashley’s carefully laid plans are turned sideways.“
- REBEL: New Adult Romance Novel (The Rebel Series Book 1) by Elle Casey <— Sharon loves this series! “Rebel and Hellion by Elle Casey are both laugh out loud hilarious! Highly recommend!” and Jo loves it too! “I’ve got a book hangover this morning… Ooooh, I loved Rebel! It’s really funny, and also sexy and sweet and hot!!!!“
- Out to Lunch by Stacey Ballis <— Okay yes, that delicious looking cover got me. I’m hungry okay? And pasghetti is my favorite. 😛 But the bargain price and this part of the blurb had me even happier: Her best friend dies, and SHE inherits her best friends husband! WHAT!?? (P.S. she never thought much of him, herself… *whoops*) “Aimee has left a shocking last request: Jenna now has financial custody of the not-so-merry widower. True, Wayne needs someone sensible around to keep him under control, but what was her dear departed friend thinking?“
- Thicker than Blood by Madeline Sheehan and Claire C Riley <— recent release and the reviews are amazing! “In a place of nightmares-made-reality, where the living should be feared far more than the dead, an unbreakable friendship and a love amongst all odds can mean the difference between life and death.“
- Sanctuary by Pauline Creeden <— Bargain priced BIG time and sounds all sorts of fun and scary. “First the aliens attacked the sun, making it dimmer, weaker, and half what it used to be. Then they attacked the water supply, killing one-third of Earth’s population with a bitter contaminate. And when they unleash a new terror on humankind, the victims will wish for death, but will not find it…”
- Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 – 5) (Silo series) by Hugh Howey <— The whole series bundled for a GREAT price! Look at the INSANE amount of awesome reviews. Over 9000!!!!! Yeah, why haven’t I read this yet? And Fabi says: “SPECTACULAR. <— Yup, those are caps. Freakishly amazing mind blowing plot.”
- Sand Omnibus by Hugh Howey <— speaking of which, his other series also has an insane # of awesome reviews…. “The old world is buried. A new one has been forged atop the shifting dunes. Here in this land of howling wind and infernal sand, four siblings find themselves scattered and lost. Their father was a sand diver, one of the elite few who could travel deep beneath the desert floor and bring up the relics and scraps that keep their people alive. But their father is gone. And the world he left behind might be next.“
- Golden Son (The Red Rising Trilogy, Book 2) by Pierce Brown <— Michelle found us this one on sale today, and we both know how much Michelle and Fabi went nuts for this series!!! And Fabi says: “I finished Golden Son late last night. So late that I overslept this morning. Holy crap! It was so hard waiting between Red Rising and Golden Son. I don’t know how in the world I’m going to stay sane waiting for Morning Star.“
- Ender’s Game (The Ender Quartet series Book 1) by Orson Scott Card <— Of course so many have already read and/or seen the movie, but this is one of my favorite author’s favorite books of all time. K.A. Linde says: “Ender’s Game is also incredible. INCREDIBLE! I’ve read it 15 times at least and get somethign new out of it every time”
- Enclave (Razorland Book 1) by Ann Aguirre <— Fabi says: “Oohhh Enclave is gooood.” That blurb is catchy!! “New York City has been decimated by war and plague, and most of civilization has migrated to underground enclaves, where life expectancy is no more than the early 20’s…”
- Outlander: A Novel (Outlander, Book 1) by Diana Gabaldon <— One of my FAVORITE books of all time, and it’s n super-sale! (my review)
- These Old Shades (Alastair-Audley Book 1) by Georgette Heyer <— recommended by bev as “re-read” good! The Duke is mean, with a playboy reputation, and then a disheveled boy runs into him… “The Duke buys “Leon” and makes the child his page. “Leon” is in fact Leonie, and she serves the Duke with deep devotion. When he uncovers the true story of her birth, he wreaks an unforgettable revenge on her sinister father in a chilling scene of public humiliation.“
- Devil’s Cub by Georgette Heyer <— bev also suggests this one as re-read good. He intends on making her his mistress, but kidnaps the wrong girl… “Determined to save her sister from ruin, virtuous Mary Challoner intercepts the Marquis’s advances and throws herself into his path, hoping Vidal will release her upon realizing his error. But as the two become irrevocably entangled, Mary’s reputation and future lie in the hands of a devilish rake, who finds her more fascinating every day?“
- A Bride for All Seasons: The Mail Order Bride Collection (Mail-Order Bride Collection) by Margaret Brownley <— sale priced and tons if great reviews! “1800s mail-order bride catalogs facilitated many happy marriages. Here are the stories of four couples who owe their wedded bliss to creative editing by The Hitching Post publisher.“
- The Girl You Left Behind: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <— OH MY!!! Not bargain priced but by one of our FAV authors and this one sounds AMAZING! “Paris, 1916. Sophie Lefèvre must keep her family safe while her adored husband, Édouard, fights at the front. When their town falls to the Germans in the midst of World War I, Sophie is forced to serve them every evening at her hotel. From the moment the new Kommandant sets eyes on Sophie’s portrait—painted by her artist husband—a dangerous obsession is born, one that will lead Sophie to make a dark and terrible decision. Almost a century later, Sophie’s portrait hangs in the home of Liv Halston, a wedding gift from her young husband before his sudden death. After a chance encounter reveals the portrait’s true worth, a battle begins over its troubled history and Liv’s world is turned upside all over again.“
PARANORMAL ROMANCE/URBAN FANTASY
- War for the Oaks: A Novel by Emma Bull <— bev considers this one re-read good, saying: “War for the Oaks by Emma Bull is sitting on my counter right now waiting for me to re read.” And it sure looks good! “…walking home through downtown Minneapolis on a dark night, she finds herself drafted into an invisible war between the faerie folk. Now, more than her own survival is at risk—and her own preferences, musical and personal, are very much beside the point.“
- Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels Book 7) by Ilona Andrews <— Michelle found us this one on sale!
- STRANGE MAGIC – Part One (The MAGIC series Book 1) by Michelle Mankin <— MJ recommends it! “You must read Strange Magic by Michelle Mankin! Part one is out now… and part two will be here in time for Mardi Gras. It’s PNR with a rock and roll twist. I don’t read PNR but this one made me a believer And that is saying something.”
- The Girl on the Train: A Novel by Paula Hawkins <— I paid FULL price for this one just a couple of days ago, and it’s on SALE right now. *squeeeee!!!* I’m still reading it but so far it is SO good my friends!! Me ‘n Sadie are buddy-reading and having so much fun with this creepy-everyone’s-so-messed-up excite-o-thon!!!
Kelly: I feel like people are talking about this book everywhere. Looks like I’ve found my mystery/thriller for the book challenge. Thanks for the sale info!
Maryse: Kelly it is SO good. I can’t stop guessing and trying to figure it out and I have a feeling I will be shocked!!!
Leah: Finished Girl on the Train last week (as I was on a train, no less). I had to stop myself from racing through to the end to see what really happened and how it all worked out. Definitely a fun one that keeps you guessing.
- You: A Novel by Caroline Kepnes <— STILL ON SALE and one that had me on edge!! He stalks her… BIG TIME! Here’s my review.
- Terrified by Kevin O’Brien <— Oooooh THIS ONE!!!!! “Megan Keeler died years ago–or so everyone believes. In fact, she disappeared to escape from her sadistic husband, Glenn. When dismembered body parts were found near their home, Glenn was convicted of his wife’s murder. And Megan, terrified for her unborn child’s safety, never came forward with the truth. . .” and then… years later, he is released from prison. And the blurb made me even more scared!
PRE-ORDERS (most of these coming out NEXT WEEK!!)
- Beautiful Redemption: A Novel (Maddox Brothers Book 2) by Jamie McGuire <— Thomas’s book is coming out next week!!! January 27th 2015
- A Shade of Vampire 9 by Bella Forrest <— expected release date January 26th 2015
- Craving Resurrection (The Aces Book 4) by Nicole Jacquelyn – expected release date January 26th 2015
- Falling for Jillian by Kristin Proby <— expected release date January 27th 2015
- Risking it All (Entangled Select) by Tessa Bailey <— expected release date January 27th 2015
- The Master (The Game Maker Series) by Kresley Cole <— expected release date January 27th 2015
- A Father’s Fight: Blake and Layla #2 (The Fighting Series Book 5) by J.B. Salsbury – expected release date January 26th 2015
- Bound by Flames: A Night Prince Novel by Jeaniene Frost <— expected release date January 27th 2015
- Viper Game (Game/Ghostwalker) by Christine Feehan <— expected release date January 27th 2015
- In His Keeping: A Slow Burn Novel (Slow Burn Novels) by Maya Banks – expected release January 27th 2015
- Take Me With You by K.A. Linde <— expected release date January 27th 2015
- Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega Book 4) by Patricia Briggs – expected release date March 3rd 2015
- Hard Beat: A Driven Novel by K. Bromberg – expected release date November 3rd 2015