I’m reading a SUPER good book, but super dark and part terrifying and so often infuriating. There are no words. Well, yes there are and I’ll be writing a little official “Currently Reading…” post in a bit, ’cause I have a feeling I’m going to need some support as I ride these two books out, so I’m gonna make my agony public. LOL!
And book #1 ———> fits perfectly here. Consequences by Aleatha Romig. Whaaaaa? Haven’t I mentioned this book a few times in the past? You thought I had already read it, didn’t you? *nods*.
Yep. I chickened out. But I am ready, and am way into it now. More tonight. A post, and then to finish my book! YAY! 🙂
NOTE: Free and bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Free and bargain e-books that you can read on your Kindle, or even on your computer with the Kindle software. (NOOK USERS: I’ve been told that often, many of these freebies and bargains are also available on the Nook).
- OBTAINED (Book One) by Shanora Williams <— happened upon this one by accident but it looks good!
- Grounding Quinn by Steph Campbell <– I read this one last year and enjoyed it. It didn’t flip my world upside down, but I remember a few integral scenes that had me upset (or swooning), and now that I know book #2 is out, I’m very curious as to where it’s going. Trouble girl finds a good guy, and yet can’t keep herself from self-sabotaging…
- Beautiful Things Never Last (book #2) by Steph Campbell <— and so the title of this one makes me worry…
- Sharp Edges by Kristen Middleton <— Kimberly found us this one saying it looked good.
- Someone Like You (Blue Club Books) by Robin Hart <— another one I found by accident (male escort book!)
- Groupie by Ginger Voight (Thanks Aimee!!) <—- this one was crazy angsty (and of course, it’s about a girl in love with a rock star)
- Sometimes Never by Cheryl McIntyre <— (thanks Aimee)!! Jessica says: “I loved loved loved this one!!!”
- Dead Flesh (The Kiera Hudson Series Two (Book One)) by Tim O’Rourke <— (again… thanks Aimee!!)
- Remember When (Remember Trilogy #1) by T.Torrest <— Stephanie says: “I devoured a book yesterday that I highly recommend. Funny, sweetly romantic, and the future-movie-star-in-his-high school-years is a yumfest!”
- Painted Faces by L.H. Cosway <— I loved this one (was on my best of 2012 list) and it’s picking up speed amongst our fellow readers, so I’m putting it back on the list <— Joanna just read it, saying: “Tonight I’m reading Painted Faces by L.H. Cosway and it kicks ass. I’m waaaay behind the curve on this, I know everyone discovered it back in December, but honestly, I just couldn’t imagine liking a guy as a hero when he dresses like woman and sings for a living. Paige gently informed me to pull my head out of my… ahem… kindle and just try it. Dayum. Really good book. I’ve barricaded myself in the bedroom to finish it, LOL. Had to share :)” and Melissa said: “Painted Faces – OMG, loved it! One of my favorite books to date. Thx for bringing it to my attention! :)”
- Wounded by Jacinda Wilder <— Shannon says: “Excellent!!! Worth reading especially for that price. Pretty heavy material though”
- VAIN by Fisher Amelie <— still going strong! Danielle says: “Have you read Vain by Fisher Amelie yet? Its amazing! Angst around every corner, romance to boot and a touching story about finding whats really important!”
- Never Enough by Ashley Johnson <— Jamie recommends this one! “Just finished this great book. The author is working on a second book called More than Enough.”
- Sophie & Carter (Novella) by Chelsea Fine <— Amy found us this one!
- Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory Series) by Amy Harmon <— Nancy found us this one, and after reading the synopsis, it sounds so sweet (and possibly sad)!
- Champagne Toast by Melissa Brown <—- Janet says: “Just finished Champagne Toast by Melissa Brown….LOVED IT!!”
- Consequences by Aleatha Romig <— what I’m currently reading…
- Crossfire (The Darkride Chronicles) by Laura Bradley Rede <— book #2 just released and Michele loved #1 “SQUEEE! So remember when Jamie McGuire recommended “Darkride” saying how much she loved it? I read it immediately & LOVED it too!! Well second book ‘Crossfire” is now out and on Amazon… I know what I will be reading next week!! :D”
- Darkride by Laura Bradley Rede <— and here is book #1
- Beneath This Man (This Man Trilogy) by Jodi Ellen Malpas <— not necessarily a “bargain price” but this was just released (book #3 after “This Man”)
—-> Also check out all of the past freebies and bargains posts here: https://www.maryse.net/category/news/bargain-and-freebie-ebooks. BUT!!! Keep in mind. Many of these older bargain prices and freebies are temporary so they won’t all still be valid. Always verify with Amazon’s pricing first before finalizing your checkout.
Don’t have a Kindle? That’s okay, you can read these on your computer or phone with Kindle Apps:
Download Kindle for PC
Download Kindle for MAC
Download Kindle for iPhone
Download Kindle for Blackberry
Download Kindle for iPad (that’s how I’m reading these!)
Download Kindle for Android
Awww, Sophie & Carter – an old favorite. I love the guts out of this book. 🙂
Reading Vain right now, very intriguing so far… Got Painted Faces today after looking at it several times finally decided to give it a shot… Only you can make me get out of my comfort zone like that Maryse!!! 🙂
Very anxious to hear what you think about both books, Minha!
Hi there! Don’t normally comment but I love your blog! I have yet to find a book you recommend that I don’t like. Also wanted to give you a heads up Jamie McGuire posted a new excerpt from Walking Disaster on her site. Keep up the great work!
YAY!! Thank you Gillian!!
Wounded – Jasinda Wilder….AMAZING!!!
I read Consequences and Truth and my review went something like this: “I love Tony. I hate Tony. I love Tony. I hate Tony. I love Tony. I hate Tony.” That booked played games with my heart and mind f^$ked me to no end. I yelled at the book and I yelled at the people sitting near me while reading it….nonsensical yelling like “I am going to kick his ass” kind of yelling! Seriously a great, great series.
Thank you for Free Fridays and your blog. I find myself coming back to it time and again as I update my never-ending reading list. Lord, if there was only a way we could make a living reading books and blogging about them. Thanks again for your inside scoops!
Thank you. Starting Consequences tonight.
Maryse and Yoyo, I’m right there with you. Started Consequences this afternoon. 🙂 So far pretty creepy, but good.
What is the first book of Beautiful Things Never Last? Anyone know? Thanks so much!
Not sure if you realize that Claire Kent also writes under the pen name of Noelle Adams. So A Negotiated Marriage by Noelle Adams above is written by the same author as Escorted that you reviewed last week 🙂
Thanks Maryse 🙂
Another one to add to the bargain list
Knight&Play by Kitty French is half price $2.99
I’ve read it and thought it was entertaining. 🙂
Hi Maryse I absolutely love your website and have been obsessed with it for a couple of months now all the amazing books you find!! 😀 You introduced me to Kristen Ashley whom I adore which I must thank you for I’m from Australia and stumbled across your site Just wanted to leave a comment saying how much I love you effort 🙂
noticed you finally had a Jasinda Wilder book listed “wounded” this is an excellent book,but it has a lot of angst in it as it involves the war in afghanistan,but still a good read,but she has a boxed series that starts with “good girls do it better” and has 5 parts but now they are in one tho the first one by itself is free on amazon.com, they are steamy,excellent romance and involve a rock star,and of course a hea ending, she also has a series that book 1 and 2 are out and 3 will be soon,it is about a rock star and that series includes rock stars do it harder,it is also steamy hot and is an excellent read and a very good romance,if you have not read her books ,they are really good,I just can’t say enough good things about her, “wounded” is the book that just came out and is still on sale for 99 cents and because it takes place in the war in afghanistan for 3/4 of the book,and it has angst in it but it does end hea and it also educates you to what goes on in a war when a soldier and a woman whose country are at war and she saves him and then he saves her,I had 2 brothers in both Iraq and Afghanistan and didn’t think I would be able to handle reading about it but the way she handles it is excellent, just wanted to recommend her,I don’t know her personally,but wish I did and could be a beta reader for her lol
A while ago the book Friends with Partial Benefits by Luke Young was on your freebie list…well now book 2 (Friends with Full Benefits) is free on amazon! I haven’t read them yet but they have pretty good reviews and they look pretty entertaining.
Just read Remrmber When. Wow. The main charcter relives her time in high school when she was friends with Trip Wiley, who became a famous actor. Can’t wait for book two to find out what happens.
Just finished “Refuge”by N.G. Osborne and it was fabulous! ! It does end on a cliffhanger though, so be prepared to wait for book #2 to continue on this emotional journey.