Just got back from a weekend biz trip to some craaaaazy flooding! Looks like tropical storm Debby has decided to come our way! Eeeeeeeep! Roads are closed everywhere, vehicles stuck in retention ponds. Er… what the heck were they doing in the retention pond in the first place? I think they floated in there right from the streets! That must be it, ’cause we practically floated in a few parking lots.
But I’m home safe, and while I was gone, it appears some fellow readers have found some real gems (freebies and super-bargains!!). So I’m catching up on all the goodies!
- Two Tears in a Bucket by Traci Bee —> Debra found us this one!! “Found this freebie on Amazon with tons of 5 star reviews. Sounds good.” Sure does, Debra! In fact, this one looks so much up my alley that it has just shifted my TBR list, and I’m starting this one tonight!! Girl kicked out of her home, living on the streets, meets up with Kevin (who’s on a bad path). Yep! I can’t wait! Hey wait! Tropical storm “Debby” forcing me to stay inside and ride out the storm, and “Debra” finding me my read tonight. Funny coincidence?
- The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines –>Many of my fellow readers have been swooning over these boys.
- Bridesmaid Lotto (McMaster the Disaster) by Rachel Astor –> movie star crush and paparazzi feeding frenzy when he takes an interest in her!! YAY! I mean… oh poor her! hehehe
- Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart by Janet Grosshandler
- Burning Tigress (The Way of The Tigress, Book 4) by Jade Lee –> Hey! That kinda looks like Paul Marron on the cover! Hrmmm… well then… it must be good! 😉
- Another Tear, the sequel to Two Tears in a Bucket by Traci Bee –> I love sequels!
- Friends With Partial Benefits (Friends With… Benefits Series (Book 1)) by Luke Young –> Kristin made sure to point out this one: “Has anyone read the Friends with Benefits series by Luke Young? Last one just came out…LOVE THEM! Sexy and Laugh Out Loud funny!” So far there appears to be 4 books in the series
- The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher –> One of my favorite books this year (completely put so many of us in an emotional uproar). In fact, we have our very own discussion thread for it!
- Deadly Obsession (Deadly Vices) by Kristine Cayne – More movie stars (but it looks like this one has intrigue, too).
- Old Blood – A Novella (Experiment in Terror #5.5) by Karina Halle —-> *squeeeeee* This one’s ALMOST ready to go. It’s up on Amazon but we’re waiting for whatever Amazon does to make it purchasable. (this is a short story in the EIT series – JUST released today!!)
Wow–looks like my yard here in Pasco County. Good thing about today is that I got to read Old Blood!
Pasco County!!?? Wow we’re almost neighbors!
Maryse, while downloading some of those freebies, I found two more that look great! A Little Bit of Déjà Vu
Lots of,5* reviews, ex football player trys to rekindle romance with his high school sweetheart.
THE EDGE OF TRUST (TEAM EDGE)
Almost all 5* reviews!! Ex undercover SEAL discovers the wife he thought was killed in retribution by drug cartel is actually alive, but doesn’t want anything to do with him. Can he set aside his quest for revenge long enough to win her back & save their lives!? From the description: “If you’re looking for a darkly thrilling read as unpredictable as it is emotionally wrenching, look no further.”
Sounds awesome, no?
Yeah it does!! I got it. Thank you *hug*
Looks like I’m forced to stay inside now too. Just heard this thunder storm passing through has recorded over 500 lightening strikes already! I hope this book is as good as it’s reviews!
Eeeeep! I crashed before I could start it. The sound of the rain always lulls me to sleep, and after this weekend, I could barely keep my eyes open. SO I guess I’m starting it tonight.
I just went to amazon and the Opportunist is $3.99 now. Is there a code to get it for .99?
Hi Lisa! It may have just been a weekend deal…
Looks like Pinellas County! The only good thing that came out of all this rain, was that I got to read all weekend!
Drying up now!! 🙂