That said, I had a hard time deciding me next read ’cause I just hit the 5-star motherload with “The Score” (check out my 5-star book review of The Score by Elle Kennedy) and now you guys are also hitting emotional book-motherloads, too! LOL! And for a day or so I was squirreling from one recommendation to the next, each time another one from our crew, commented on their latest awesome read.
Here… you’ll see what I mean:
fabi: The Baller, 77%, end of Chapter 32. *minor/major freakout* What is wrong with you people? I am bawling my eyes out. I have a 3pm meeting and no makeup left on my face, a bright Rudolph nose, and an ache in my chest. I may have to come after every one of who said there was no angst in this book. *freakout done* I still love y’all. You’re just a whole lot tougher than I am.
Amy: *snort* Sorry Fabi…it’s just kinda funny to be watching a freakout instead of having one.
Maryse: Whoa Fabi. Now you have me wanting to read Baller next…
Theresa: Reading Time and Space, Rachel Robinson. Page turner, so suspenseful. Plot I can’ t figure out, and I’m pretty good at seeing the end. Third of the way through. This is a great read with an unusuall love triangle due to SEAL being found that was suppose to be dead and fiancé with another but their is a dangerous revenge plot going on. Love this series, you get the familiar but no CH. next coming out end of year.
Maryse: OMG Theresa… now I wanna read THAT one!!!!! I MUST!!!!! THAT SOUNDS PERFECT! Considering how much I loved #1. Do I have to read #2 first?
Theresa: Maryse, no you do not read Set In Stone, but gotta tell it was really good too.
fabi: *snort* *shakes head* I freak out because a book makes me cry and Maryse jumps in with an “oh! I want to read that!”. Nuts I tell ya, we are all nuts around here
Maryse: I love the cry-ey moments!!!! I can’t help it. If it freaks you out so bad that you tell us about it mid-read, you know it’s a doozy!
Celeste: I finished Here to Stay early yesterday morning after staying up through the night to read it. I cried like no one’s business, and had to get up and move the box of tissues to my bedside table. By the end, however, I was so happy and fulfilled, that when I got to the last page, it was shocking almost, the reminder that all that had happened wasn’t real, but I’d just been sucked into an epic story by an amazing storyteller. Truthfully, I’m a bit stunned that I’ve found my favorite book of 2016 in the third week of January!
Maryse: OMG CELESTE!!!!! Okay THAT is now the one I’m starting now. WOW… you guys are killing me with emotional reactions.
Lisa: Wow, just wow…I finished reading the third and final of this series “Here to Stay” a couple of days ago and I’m having major post-series depression Suanne, your story-telling and writing is so eloquent. I’ve never before felt so in-tuned with literary characters. In the first two books, I longed for the love and bond of the two main characters, and in the final book, it was the bond of their foursome friendships! Just beautiful!! I hope to read more from you in the near future…I’m officially stalking your page.
So there you have it. I’ve finally settled on my next read (Here to Stay), and it’s perfect, since I’ve already read #1 and #2 and LOVED them, what a perfect selection for me! Especially after Celeste and Lisa’s post about #3 in Suanne’s series, I HAD TO. I just HAD TO. And since I finished #3 in Elle Kennedy’s series (YAY I’m catching up on series!!!) I figured I’d do #3 in the Fish Tales, too.
Maryse: I just started book #3 in this series and OMG the writing is EXQUISITE.
“Don’t leave me,” she whispered under him.
“I can’t,” he said. “I’d never breathe again.”
Theresa: Read all of them . So sorry to be the last. Looking forward to her next venture.
Lynne: Agreed! Her writing is phenomenal – finished it last night. Just wait – you will be sobbing before you finish this Maryse!
Take a look at what else we found!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
JUST RELEASED!!!! SURPRISE!!!
- PUCKED Over by Helena Hunting <— IT’S LIVE!!! SPORTS STAR ALERT! AND AND!! Book #1 & #2 in Helena Hunting’s The Pucked Series are on SUPER-SALE TODAY (I posted ’em below in the Friday bargain finds). 😀 P.S. They can be read as standalones!
- You Already Know: Twelve Erotic Stories by Charlotte Stein <— CHARLOTTE STEIN/I LOVE THIS AUTHOR and she just released a book of her own short stories!! “Eleven stories from bestselling erotica and erotic romance author, Charlotte Stein, exploring all of the filthy fantasies and forbidden loves that her work is renown for. Dangerous liaisons and sexy strangers, naughty encounters and rekindled flames, women who don’t want to say no, and the men who love to give them everything they’ve been craving.“
- Beyond Happily Ever After: Blank Canvas by Kit Rocha <— THIS WAS CREATED FOR FANS OF THE SERIES! “…vignettes and outtakes showing the O’Kanes in their daily lives, in between the adventures and often after their happy endings…”
- In This Life by Christine Brae <— SOUNDS ANGSTY GOOD!! She takes an impromptu trip and falls in love with someone there… but “Anna returns home to find that her life is no longer the way it once was, and that she can’t stop thinking about him. She learns through tragedy that nothing she’s ever believed in has turned out to be true. The worst part? The people she loved were keeping a secret from her.” and then… this part made me go ooooooooh!!! “the struggle between morality and guilt, faith and acceptance, there comes a learning that even the best-laid plans are powerless against the alignment of the universe…” <— I wonder what happens!!
- ZEKE (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #3) by Kelly Gendron
- Mobster’s Gamble: Chicago Mob Series Book 1 by Amy Rachiele <— HE’S IN THE MOB & SHE’S BEEN RAISED IN A CULT ALERT!! I hate that it’s shorter ’cause this one sounds good! Might still be fun!
- Gage (Contract Killers Book 1) by Jenika Snow
- Sketch by Laramie Briscoe <— HE JUST GOT LEFT BY HIS WIFE ALERT! (and it’s a full-length novel – the page count is wrong)… “So here I stand. Half the man I was, p*ssed as f*ck, because while I was busy making a better life for us, she was under the impression I was leaving her lonely…“
- Dolce (Love At Center Court Book 2) by Rachel Blaufeld <— FRIENDS-TO-LOVERS ALERT! “Caterina is an intern. Sonny is her shock-jock boss. And Blane is a good-hearted baller . . . except when he steps on the court…”
- Brody (Steele Brothers #4) by Cheryl Douglas <— SHE FINALLY DECIDES TO LEAVE THE BAD-BOY LOVE OF HER LIFE ALERT! “Riley Myers has had her heart broken one too many times. By the same man. She believed Brody would be her husband, the father of her children one day, but she couldn’t wait forever…”
- Blinded by the Darkness by JA Essen <— HE HAS UNIQUE… DESIRES ALERT! “There is nothing he wants for… Except for the next exclusive ‘auction.’ Due to his “unique” desires, Mason has never had any luck keeping a real girlfriend, but it doesn’t really bother him since there are other, darker ways to deal. Deep pockets make buying anything possible… Or ANYONE…“
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- PUCKED (The PUCKED Series Book 1) by Helena Hunting <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!
- Pucked Up (The Pucked Series) (Volume 2) by Helena Hunting <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!
- Abruption by Riley Mackenzie <— NEW BOOK BOYFRIEND ALERT!! Renee loved this one like crazy! “You are the reason I picked up Riley Mackenzie’s Abruption (and yes, I randomly started with the last book based on reviews) and was blown away!! I dont usually write reviews or comment, but I had no choice. It’s not your typical love story— don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautifully real love story between a woman and a widowed young doctor and his children, but it is so much more. There are layers of depth that unfold with each chapter, culminating with an unforeseen plot twist that rivals some of the best “are you freaking kidding me” moments. Without giving away too much, this story deals with some heavy topics that the authors handled perfectly. No exaggerations or dramatics for the sake of drama. The kids make the book and the dialogue/ banter between the h&h was priceless and spot on. Guy Hunter is currently sharing my book boyfriend title with KA’s Joe Callahan and Tina Reber’s Ryan Christensen (and that’s saying ALOT!) I can not recommend this book enough!! Everyone should stop what they’re doing and find out “Who loves ya?””
- Invisible Love Letter (Love Letter Duet Book 1) by Callie Anderson <— YELL AT YOUR KINDLE ALERT! Tatiana recommends both of these! “Please read Invisible Love Letter and Endless Love Letter by Callie Anderson! By far the best book I’ve read in a long time. It’s such a beautiful love story. I cried smile, laughed and Many times I’ve wanted to yell and smash my kindle. Please read it, you won’t be disappointed!”
- Endless Love Letter (Love Letter Duet Book 2) by Callie Anderson <— And this one!
- The Baller: A Down and Dirty Football Novel by Vi Keeland <— MADE HER TUMMY TWIST & TURN ALERT! Fabi LOVED this recent release! “It may not be a doozy for you guys. But I’m at 89% and my stomach is tied up in knots…” and then: “I just finished Baller. Vi Keeland wrote the perfect book boyfriend. …I only saw two small copy edit mistakes in mine. For an indie book, that’s pretty near perfect. I thought both characters were pretty perfect too. It wasn’t a light read for me, but had just enough emotional upheaval for a CR to make my tummy twist and turn.”
- Dirty Ugly Toy by K Webster <— SUCKER PUNCH STRAIGHT TO THE TUMMY ON THIS RECENT RELEASE! DG was loving the sucker-punches!! “*sucker punched straight to the belly* geez I know, I mean really know that I should have seen one of the truths coming. But I didn’t. Only 56% into Dirty Ugly Toy and I WILL be finishing it tonight. Who really needs sleep even if my day starts at 5:30am……” and then…”Dirty Ugly Toy….per K Webster’s warning at the beginning of the book….”However, those that keep an open mind and stick with it will not be disappointed.” Absolutely agree! Overall for me it had the perfect balance of dark to light. Standalone, HEA, no rushed ending. SCORE!” and she also said: “Not a light read…H is not a Prince Charming but I am holding out hope! ...it does have a dark feel to it with moments that are not completely twisted…throw in a hint of BDSM. Not sure how dark of a read you prefer….but I haven’t been disappointed yet. Maybe sucker punched and throw in a little ‘oh no he didn’t’ but not disappointed.“
- Never Let You Go (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— MODERN TAKE ON A FAIRYTALE and MichelleS loved this one! “I just read never Let You Go. I won’t forget it, that’s for sure. Very cool retelling of Hansel and Gretel – what if two kids got “taken” and then formed a bond? Yup. Pretty cool.”
- Darkest Before Dawn (KGI series) by Maya Banks <— Maggie is loving this series!! “Just finished darkest before dawn, was hooked from the first book hopefully not the last .”
- The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn <— LAUGH UNTIL YOU CRY (OR PEE) ALERT!!! Megan recommends this one! “Hi Maryse! Have you read The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn yet? I have never laughed until I cried with a book before but I laughed my way though this book! Best book so far this year and my favorite of hers.” and Kelly agrees! “I love Meghan Quinn. The Virgin Romance Novelist was one of the funniest books I have ever read. The Mother Road was really good. Some laughing so hard you pee a little scenes!”
- Pointe of Breaking by Sarah J. Pepper <— Nancy found us this super-sale! “Pointe of Breaking by Sarah J. Pepper just went on sale… This one has been in my Wish List for a while, but 1-clicking now.”
- For those of you that missed it ➜ Maryse’s 2015 Top Ten Favorite Books List!! AND!! 2015 Reader Favorites (<— new ones added weekly!!)
And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- Feverborn: Fever Series, Book 8 by Karen Marie Moning <— Fabi is listening to this one! “I’m listening to Feverborn. Since I only get an hour or two of listening time/day Mon-Fri, it forces me to savor the book instead of fly through it like I normally would. Well, not as fast as some of you do…but still. So, no, I haven’t gotten to that part yet. I’m about halfway through chapter 3. Oh, and they switched out the narrators, so me (and a whole lot of other people) are totally bummed about it. Phil and Natalie were incredible in Burned and some of the other ones they narrated.“
- The Deal by Elle Kennedy <— Julia loves one of our fav series too! “Love all these books. Have the first one in audio as well as kindle version.”
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s)
- Needing To Fall by Ryan Michele – January 25th 2016
- Boiling Point (Crossing the Line) by Tessa Bailey – January 25th 2016
- Sin & Suffer (Pure Corruption) by Pepper Winters – January 26th 2016
- Spider Game (Ghostwalker) by Christine Feehan – January 26th 2016
- Backlash (Winter’s Wrath Book 1) by Bianca Sommerland – January 26th 2016
- Enshrine by Chelle Bliss – January 26th 2016
- Pandemonium (MC Sinners Next Generation Book 1) by Bella Jewel – January 26th 2016
- Mercury Striking (The Scorpius Syndrome) by Rebecca Zanetti – January 26th 2016
- Hooked Up: Book 2 by Arianne Richmonde – January 26th 2016
- Sage’s Eyes (Forbidden) by V.C. Andrews – January 26th 2016
- Roadside Magic (Gallow and Ragged Book 2) by Lilith Saintcrow – January 26th 2016
- A Carolina Cold Fury Hockey Series 4-Book Bundle: Alex, Garrett, Zack, Ryker by Sawyer Bennett – January 26th 2016
- Sweet Revenge (2-Book Bundle: Sweet the Sin and Darker the Release) by Claire Kent – January 26th 2016
- An Act of Salvation (Acts of Honor Book 2) by K.C. Lynn – January 27th 2016
- The Perfect Life by Erin Noelle – January 31st 2016 – January 31st 2016
- Beautiful Burn: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 4) by Jamie McGuire – January 31st 2016
- Target on Our Backs (Monster in His Eyes Book 3) <— FEBRUARY 23rd 2016!!
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).