I’m back!! I missed yesterday’s “Friday Finds” post, but better late than never, right? 🙂
Saturday proves to be just as exciting and we found a ton of goodies to read for the weekend.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Son & His Hope by Pepper Winters <— WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!! Stacey already declares this, one of her best of 2019!!
Stacey: So the Son and his Hope……yeah I think that was the first time I have ever been scared and apprehensive to start a book. After the Ribbon Duet devastated me I wasnt sure what to expect. As per usual Pepper gave us ALL of the FEELS!!! You feel the good, the bad, and everything in between. I think I was fighting tears at 5% if that tells you anything. Its raw, emotional, and gut-wrenching. Definite Best of 2019 for me!
- Mafia Love (The Accidental Mafia Queen Book 3) by Khardine Gray <— LIVE!! MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! She was a cop and he was a monster… “…I knew I would lose my soul when I fell for Luc. I was a cop, and he was a mobster. Love lured me to the dark side. We could pretend to be whoever we wanted to be, but truth was truth...”
- Hard, Fast and Madly: Part 2 (The Dark and Damaged Hearts Series Book 8) by Whitley Cox
- Freefall: A Hollywood Romance by Harley Rayne <— LIVE!! FAKE BOYFRIEND ALERT!! “…When I meet New Zealand film-star and stuntman Jack Mitchell for the first time, he’s wearing nothing but a towel and a cocky smile. Fake boyfriend? Real headache. If I play the part of his girlfriend, I walk away with bonus big enough to take care of my family…but will it cost me my heart in the process?”
- The Right Man by Michelle Mankin <— LIVE!! MICHELLE MANKIN ALERT!! BAD BOY ROCK STAR…. and she’s a prostitute!! “...A once upon a time with a hooker who used to be a good girl and a bad boy lead singer living a lie. Two lost and lonely souls and a chance encounter on a dark street corner in LA…”
- Puck Me Secretly: An Enemies-To-Lovers Sports Romance (A Vancouver Wolves Hockey Romance Book 1) by Odette Stone <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT & Jan enjoyed it!
Jan: Just read a hockey romance recently recced on here. Puck Me Secretly by Odette Stone. Silly book title, but a nice read. New author to me, too.
- Milo (Finding Home Book 2) by Lily Morton <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…just as Milo makes the decision to move on from his hopeless crush, he and Niall are thrown into close contact, and for the first time ever Niall seems to be returning his interest….”
- Snowballs For My Valentine (Illicit Heat Book 4) by Ann Lister <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Layla Frost and Brynne Asher <— IF YOU ARE A KRISTEN ASHLEY FAN, Terri recommends these authors!
Terri: …They are both really good authors with alpha males. Layla Frost just released Stoned (The Four Book 2) yesterday, which is book 2 in her paranormal/mystery like series. She has a mafia book, and another series about mechanic/bikers.
Brynne Asher has a series about the Carpino family and also another one about military men (This one is my favourite, but I love the Carpiono’s as well). If you are a KA fan, then you will most likely love both of these authors.
- One Night In Paris by Sandi Lynn <— LIVE!! SANDI LYNN ALERT! HER ONE NIGHT STAND TURNS OUT TO BE HER NEW BOSS… “…My first night, I met a captivating man who was there on business and leaving the next morning to fly back to the States. I knew nothing about him, only his first name. Our one night together left a mark on me that I’d never forget. Little did I know that when I moved to New York, he’d be the man I’d be working for…”
- Kill Switch (Devil’s Night #3) by PENELOPE DOUGLAS <— RECENT DARK BULLY BOOK RELEASE & TESSA LOVED IT!!
- Kissing Katie: A Kissing Novel by L.T. Kelly <— THE SINGLE WIDOWED MOM & THE UP-AND-COMING ROCK STAR ALERT!! “Iraq war widow Katie Simmons hasn’t considered giving love another chance since the devastating loss of her husband. She’s happy sharing her love with her six-year-old daughter, Jessica. What more could she want from life?…”
- Until I Found You: A Second Chance Standalone Romance (Heart’s Compass Book 3) by Brooke O’Brien
- Two for One: An Unconventional Romance (MFM) by Cassandra Hallman
- Thin Walls by Cassandra Lawson <— HOT NEIGHBOR ALERT!! “…I march over to my neighbor’s place to complain about his guest. When my neighbor answers his door in nothing but his boxers, my life takes a very interesting turn—one involving a hot British guy, his crazy ex-girlfriend, a new job, and some lunatic determined to make me forget I’m strong and confident…”
- Slender Bridge: A Collection of African American Romance Short Stories by Katrina Clemons
- My Good Luck Charm (Sold To The Highest Bidder Book 1) by Delia Petrano
- Looking for FANTASY ROMANCE?? Tessa recommends and ranks these series:
1. Supernatural prison– The Supernatural Prison series by Jaymin Eve is more Urban but has more fantasy elements. Also, fae. Also, she writes some of the best friendship/ sibling relationships. Not because of the fae, but because of her relationship with the quad. NOT a reverse harem, but as I said, sibling/ friendship relationship with 3 of the 4. …
2. The Affiliate – A really good fantasy world, and it has the KA angst too. …The Affiliate by KA Linde is a romantic fantasy
3. Fallen Academy – It’s an angel/ demon book, but again, a different take. Also, a bit of forbidden in it too.
4. Air Awakens – It’s lower because of how the 3rd book ended and it made me want to scream, but it’s the middle book of a series, where every middle book is so full of angst and horrible crap happening. lol
5. Changeling Exile – Still new into the series, and the rest are really good, but such a fun take on a fae changeling trying to survive.
- DEA FAST Series Box Set: Volume 1 by Kaylea Cross <— SUPER-BARGAIN BOOK BUNDLE ALERT!!!
- Tangled: A Contemporary Romance Trilogy by Dee Bridgnorth <— WHOLE TRILOGY BUNDLE ALERT!! JEALOUS EXES!! “…Between Lena’s married cheating boss and her cheating ex boyfriend, she’s sick and tired of men. Cue the appearance of handsome, rich Damion Alvarez who is searching for a new house to buy. The guy is weird, as in he refuses to work with a female real estate agent, which leaves her boss his only option. Then Damion overhears a super awkward phone call between Lena and her stalker ex and suddenly Damion and Lena are chatting like old pals about their horrible stalker experiences. Of course, who knew that a girl chatting it up with a guy would create a maelstrom of jealousy from both exes that defies the limits of reality...”
- House of Sin Books 1-3 by Elisabeth Naughton <— ELISABETH NAUGHTON SERIES BUNDLE!! “…He is temptation. Forbidden fruit. A craving I can’t seem to resist…”
- Midnight Valentine by J.T. Geissinger <— NAY RECOMMENDS IT (except to Leslie M). LOL!!!
Nay: It’s a quick, angsty at times, well-written AND well-edited read. I recommend to everyone except Leslie (and that doesn’t necessarily mean there’s any certain thing that happens in it–it’s just the general tone of it that I’m pretty sure Leslie wouldn’t care for).
Jenn: I read Midnight Valentine over the weekend with the girls (MicheleG, Nay, Grey, and Judy-and I think we had a couple lurkers :-)) I was unsure of my rating on this for a few reasons so I slept on it-although I wanted more at the end it was still a solid 4* for me. I wish I could list all the things I highlighted….some made me cry and others made me laugh.
Lindsey: Midnight Valentine by J.T Geissinger has to be one of the best books ever!
Kathy P: I loved Midnight Valentine. It had such a different story line from what I have read before…
- BATTLE OF THE BULGE (The OHellNO Series Book 4) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— LIVE!! CHAMPION SWIMMER ALERT!! AND SHE HATES HIM… “…I hate Mitch Hofer. Yeah, he might be the sexiest champion swimmer in the world, but I’d give this guy a gold medal for being a first-class jerk. Unfortunately, my boss has given me a choice–guard Mitch or get another job. And I really need the money. I can be professional, but if Mitch says “chicks can’t be bodyguards” one more time, I just might strangle him myself…”
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Kiss Quotient: A Novel by Helen Hoang<— R enjoyed it!
R: I listened to The Kiss Quotient audiobook on my drive to Dallas for Holidays with the Belles this weekend and loved it! I thought the narrator was fantastic for Stella. Her “Michael” was lacking a bit, but didn’t really bother me.
- The Chef by James Patterson – February 18th 2019
- Devil’s Daughter: The Ravenels meet The Wallflowers by Lisa Kleypas – February 19th 2019 <— JAN IS EXCITED!! “I’m HANGING OUT for the next book in series by one of my fav authors. Devil’s Daughter by Lisa Kleypas is out on Feb 19th and I CAN’T WAIT!!!!! If any of you remember one of her most loved previous books, Devil In Winter, this one is about Evie and Sebastian’s daughter. It’s a HR, in case you hadn’t guessed…….”
- The Risk (Briar U Book 2) by elle Kennedy – February 18th 2019
- Talen by Shay Savage – February 19th 2019
- Never Tell: A Novel (A D.D. Warren and Flora Dane Novel Book 10) by Lisa Gardner – February 19th 2019
- Tinsel (Lark Cove Book 4) by Devney Perry – – February 19th 2019
- Jagged Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs Book 3) by Carrie Ann Ryan – February 19th 2019
- What He Never Knew (What He Doesn’t Know Series Book 3) by Kandi Steiner – February 21st 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).