<— I was thinking about watching this one today, but maybe I should read the book first since it’s on sale!! ONE-CLICK!! 😀 Though then again… I’m scared!!! My heart might not be able to take it.
So if you’re looking for something to watch (or to read!!) these look pretty darn awesome! 😀
ON SALE TODAY!!
- Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by <— I KEEP HEARING AWESOMENESS!!! Wanna watch it instead?
Tasha J: I watched Hidden Figures last night, awesome movie!! And now I own too. 🙂
bev: Hidden Figures was AMAZING. Should not of waited so long to watch it. Watched and then rewatched it.
…I know may not seem it but Hidden Figures is a feel good show. … isn’t as heavy as you would think. Maybe because the ladies are so badass. Lol.
Leslie M: I loved Hidden Figures! Highly recommend too.
- The Last Wish: Introducing the Witcher by Andrzej Sapkowski <— SCI-FI SEXY GUY ALERT!! Wanna watch it instead?
Robyn: The Witcher is on Netflix! That is all. …I’m up to episode 4 of The Witcher and lets just say Henry Cavill is to die for with His deep voice, sexy, although kinda dirty, silver hair ( he gets a pass on that because he’s outside wielding that big sword of his a lot! 😉), and lets not forget those tight leathers he dons. Swooooon! Oh, and all his shirtless scenes, the musculature let me tell you is a sight to behold. Besides Henry, the show is pretty good. My crack words were said a few times, which are “your destiny”. Those words do it for me all the time. I’m watching the rest today
Ela: MARYSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! AND ON THAT NOTE YOU MUST WATCH THE WITCHER STARTING HENRY CAVILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NETFLIX ORIGINAL BASED ON A POLISH AUTHOR’S BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW GO AND BE MERRY
- Pines (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 1) by Blake Crouch <— CRAZY THRILLER ALERT!! Wanna watch it instead?
Jean: Catching up on Wayward Pines. Is anyone here watching the series? Crazy!!!! …It’s mindf&@kery at its best, staring Matt Dillon.
Julie: I recently read the Wayward Pines trilogy and really like it.
Nay: The Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch, which I’ve been recommending for years, is on sale… (the trilogy was on my top 10 audiobook list back in 2016).
If you watched the series, the books are TONS better, IMO. I very highly recommend the audiobooks (If you have KU, the books and audiobooks are free!)
Jess: I am reading The Art of Racing in the Rain 🙂 big time tearjerker.
Michele G: I listened to The Art of Racing in the Rain because I wanted to either read or listen to it before I see the movie. OMG, so good! I mean, don’t get me wrong, there were tears shed, but not necessarily the ones I anticipated. …loved The Art of Racing in the Rain but I don’t know that you’d speak to me after it…although I think it’s worth the tears for the journey it takes you on.
Kathy P: I recommend The Art of Racing in the Rain to everyone I know. It makes you reevaluate how you treat your precious fur babies, what they are thinking, etc.
Michele G: Went to see The Art of Racing in the Rain yesterday and they did a great job with the movie. It’s not 100% true to the book – but pretty close – close enough that I wasn’t bothered by the alterations. I actually think some of the changes they made flowed better.
Leslie M: I would consider seeing the movie The Art of Racing in the Rain ’cause I ❤ Milo Ventimiglia sooooooooooooooo much!!! *swoon* But I’m def petrified of how tear jerky it might be.
Lanae: A Walk to Remember (the movie) stole my heart and still hasn’t let go. I’ve always loved the whole nerd and popular boy fall in love and this story captured all of that and more…..ahhh….now I REALLY want to watch it
Karen: A Walk To Remember was my all time favorite book of Nicholas Sparks’s! I even named my son Landen after the main character in the novel!
Tina: A Walk To Remember what a heart breaker that was.
Lindsay: I really remember being moved more by a walk to remember. I was so utterly gutted!!!
- Dare Me: A Novel by Megan Abbott <— HIGH SCHOOL CHEER SQUAD THRILLER ALERT!! “…a suicide focuses a police investigation on Coach and her squad. After the first wave of shock and grief, Addy tries to uncover the truth behind the death — and learns that the boundary between loyalty and love can be dangerous terrain. The raw passions of girlhood are brought to life in this taut, unflinching exploration of friendship, ambition, and power…” Wanna watch it instead?
- Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo <— BRINGS INCREDIBLE COMFORT. I one-clicked it!! Wanna watch it instead?
Jenn: Heaven Is For Real-Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent. I read this right after my father in law passed away suddenly in June 2011. This book washed over me like a warm blanket. I felt a profound level of peace when I was done and knew without a shadow of a doubt my father in law was okay.
- The Girl With All the Gifts by <— YA DYSTOPIAN SUPER-SMART ZOMBIES ALERT!!! I watched this one and it was pretty great and the visuals were incredible! That ending… GASP!!! But in book form? I bet it’s even better!! Wanna watch it instead?
Sam: I highly recommend TheGirl With All the Gifts by MR Carey! It was such an interesting POV!
Marit: I just read The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R Carey. Great book 🙂 A total page turner! And it’s different. It melted my heart ❤️ I know that many of you in here have read it too.
Amy: Oooooh guys, The Girl With All the Gifts was good. 😀 Messed up, but good. …You’ll really want some people to get their comeuppance, trust me. Let me know what you think of it!
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel <— I SAW IT AND LOVED IT AS A MOVIE (beautiful and my heart…) but you know the book has got to be even more incredible. Wanna watch it instead?
Carol: My favourite book of all time is probably Life of Pi. I read it over 10 years ago and periodically think about it. No other book has affected me the way Life of Pi has.
I saw the movie a few weeks ago and loved the movie too.
- Testament of Youth: An Autobiographical Study Of The Years 1900-1925 by Vera Brittain <— HISTORICAL LOVE STORY ALERT!! Wanna watch it instead?
Amy: I watched Testament of Youth last night, and it put me in the mood for something from that time period. At first I thought it was a bit OTT and a bit on the dramatic side…until I saw that it was based on a true story. Then I was crying. But it’s sooooo good!!
…Oh, and I advise going in blind if you watch Testament of Youth if you want the full impact.
- Adrift [Movie tie-in]: A True Story of Love, Loss, and Survival at Sea by Tami Oldham Ashcraft <— UP MY ALLEY!! How have I not seen or read this one yet?? GASP! HOLY. MOLY. I just one-clicked it!! 😀 Wanna watch it instead?”…Young and in love, their lives ahead of them, Tami Oldham and her fiancé Richard Sharp set sail from Tahiti under brilliant blue skies, with Tami’s hometown of San Diego as their ultimate destination. But the two free spirits and avid sailors couldn’t anticipate that less than two weeks into their voyage, they would sail directly into one of the most catastrophic hurricanes in recorded history. They found themselves battling pounding rain, waves the size of skyscrapers, and 140 knot winds. Richard tethered himself to the boat and sent Tami below to safety, and then all went eerily quiet. Hours later, Tami awakened to find the boat in ruins, and Richard nowhere in sight…”
- Notes on a Scandal: What Was She Thinking?: A Novel by <— STUDENT-TEACHER FORBIDDEN ROMANCE ALERT!! OH MY. How have I not seen this one yet? Let alone read it? Wanna watch it instead? “...Schoolteacher Barbara Covett has led a solitary life until Sheba Hart, the new art teacher at St. George’s, befriends her. But even as their relationship develops, so too does another: Sheba has begun an illicit affair with an underage male student. When the scandal turns into a media circus, Barbara decides to write an account in her friend’s defense–and ends up revealing not only Sheba’s secrets, but also her own...”
- Serena: A Novel (P.S.) by Ron Rash <— HISTORICAL/MARITAL STRIFE THRILLER!!! Ohhhhh I just one-clicked this one, too!!! GASP!! Wanna watch it instead? “…Although George has already lived in the camp long enough to father an illegitimate child, Serena is new to the mountains—but she soon shows herself to be the equal of any man, overseeing crews, hunting rattle-snakes, even saving her husband’s life in the wilderness. Together this lord and lady of the woodlands ruthlessly kill or vanquish all who fall out of favor. Yet when Serena learns that she will never bear a child, she sets out to murder the son George fathered without her. Mother and child begin a struggle for their lives, and when Serena suspects George is protecting his illegitimate family, the Pembertons’ intense, passionate marriage starts to unravel as the story moves toward its shocking reckoning…”
- Little Women: 150th Anniversary Edition by Louisa May Alcott <— A CLASSIC!!!! Wanna watch the latest remake movie of it instead?
Kathy: Oh my gosh! I just watched the Little Women movie with my 13 year old daughter. It was absolutely amazing. Seriously, one of the best movies I have ever seen. My daughter loved it too!! The movie is written and directed by Greta Gerwig who wrote also wrote and directed Lady Bird. I kept looking at the character who plays Laurie and knew I had seen him somewhere in a movie. And sure enough he was in her Lady Bird movie.
Kelly: The first book I remember checking out from the library and reading all by myself was Little Women.Still makes me cry.
Teri: my absolute favorite book has to be Little Women. It was my first big book that I read in elementary school and I couldn’t stop reading after that. 🙂
<— AFTERNOON BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! HOLY MOLY LOOKIT WHAT JUST WENT LIVE!!!!!! Penelope Ward’s latest – Just One Year!!! She had an altercation with an infuriating British dude on campus…
“…I got home later that night and realized that the foreign student we were expecting to rent a room in my parents’ house was allergic to our cat. So, the spare room went to someone else: Caleb—the British guy from the men’s room. And so it began…my love-hate story with Caleb Yates. Or was it hate-love in that order?
The guy knew how to push every one of my buttons…”