<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! Author Anonymous: A True Story JUST WENT LIVE!!!
ALSO The Debt by Karina Halle JUST WENT LIVE ➔➔➔➔➔➔➔➔➔➔
I’m rocking back and forth in the corner just waiting for “Author Anonymous” to go live. I knowwwwww… officially, the release date is tomorrow, but you know how Amazon works. Often a book will go live just a few hours earlier, or a whole day earlier and so, I’m anticipating a possible “early bird”!!!! In the meantime, in case you missed it, here’s my book review of Author Anonymous by E.K. Blair. :D!!!
P.S. Here it is on Amazon UK
So while I’ve been watching and waiting, look what else I found! Super-bargains!!!
P.S. MONDAY EARLYBIRD UPDATES have been added to the list below!!!
- Booty Camp Dating Service by Debra Anastasia <—DATING SERVICE ALERT! JUST WENT LIVE ON MONDAY (TODAY!!)! He has a talent for matchmaking and starts a successful dating service, but his rules are the employees cannot date the clients! Oooooops! “Booty Camp Dating Service travels the country, and nine months after they leave the city there’s always a flurry of weddings and an accompanying baby boom. Booty Camp claims that clients will be 110% satisfied and they deliver on that promise every single time. Except Wolf refuses to deliver on that guarantee for himself. He doesn’t find love until Hazel Lavender’s best friend pushes her through his front door.“
- Seal of Solomon (Journeyman Book 2) by Golden Czermak <— JUST WENT LIVE!! It seems like a paranormal but also a series continuation so I haven’t really read the blurb… just inc ase. 😉
- Wide Open Spaces by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— JUST WENT LIVE SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…the moment we gave our son up for adoption and the moment I was left bare. A wide-open space that would forever be empty. There are moments that define you as a person, moments that prove just how strong you are, moments you push yourself to keep going forward when all you really want to do is give up. It was in one of those moments when I reached out and found him waiting for me… “
- Hotshot by Ahren Sanders <— JUST WENT LIVE!!! SHE HAS TO MAKE A CHOICE ALERT! “Suddenly, Shaw is mine.
Loyal, devoted, and the most loving man on this Earth. Together, we create an explosion of fiery passion, devotion, and chemistry I never knew was possible. All of my dreams are within reach, but I should have known it was too good to be true. The past always catches up to you, and I’m left staring at my worst nightmare. Faced with the unthinkable, I am forced to choose between the man I love and a past I cannot change…“
- The Watcher by Rhiannon Jean <— EXCITING SOUNDING POSSIBLE STALKER ALERT! This one was just recently released and the blurb got me! She’s married but lonely and depressed and then HE shows up… “Now her husband is out late every night as she sits at home with her cats, fighting the urge to eat cupcakes and give in to the depression that’s threatening to settle over her.. Enter Gabriel, the hoodie wearing slacker from her college classes. He’s dark, mysterious, and seems to know way too much about her. When Gabriel saves her from a predator one night, Lily finds her life changed forever by a man who claims to have stalked her for two years…”
- Spiked Lemonade: A Bad Boy Sailor and a Good Girl Romantic Comedy Standalone by Shari J. Ryan <— JUST WENT LIVE ALERT!!!
Renee: I just finished Spiked Lemonade by Shari Ryan last night and loved it
- Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue <— SHE’S KIDNAPPED & HELD FOR YEARS (ALONG WITH THE BABY SHE GIVES BIRTH TO) ALERT! I read and LOVED THIS ONE!!!! And I just watched the movie last night and it, too, was amazing!!! This is a MUST READ my friends!! Psych-thriller, but also heartwarming, and devastating and all of the things in between. PLEASE READ IT, and guess what? It’s on super-sale today!! 😀 In fact, here’s my book review of Room by Emma Donoghue – 5 stars!!!!
- The Choice by Nicholas Sparks <— NICHOLAS SPARKS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! HIS NEW NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR… and the reviews are awesome!!! “…he holds the vague conviction that a serious relationship with a woman would only cramp his style. That is, until Gabby Holland moves in next door. Spanning the eventful years of young love, marriage and family, THE CHOICE ultimately confronts us with the most heartwrenching question of all: how far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?“
Beth: My all time favorite book is the lucky one and the choice!!!!
Meredith: I loved The Choice
- Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks <— NICHOLAS SPARKS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! RECENTLY DIVORCED & A SINGLE MOTHER… “at the request of a friend and in hopes of respite, she’s gone to the coastal village of Rodanthe in North Carolina to tend the local inn for the weekend. With a major storm brewing, the time away doesn’t look promising…until a guest named Paul Flanner arrives…”
- The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks <— NICHOLAS SPARKS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! HE FINDS A PHOTO OF A WOMAN…. “The chain of events that leads to him possessing the photograph and finding the woman pictured in it is the stuff of love stories only a master such as Sparks can write.“
- The Wedding (Novel Learning Series Book 2) by Nicholas Sparks <— NICHOLAS SPARKS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! THE NOTEBOOK FOLLOW UP!!! “…he brings us the long-awaited follow-up to The Notebook-a story of an ordinary man who goes to extraordinary lengths to win back the love of his life…”
- Dreamsongs: Volume I by George R. R. Martin
- The Cuckoo’s Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1) AND The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2) by Robert Galbraith <— J. K. ROWLING SUPERSALE ALERT!!!
Hanneliane: I loved these!!! Book 1 was great, book 2 was good and I adored book 3. Such page turners! It’s kind of cool that somebody dusts off the good, old private detective character. And Galbraith / Rowling does it so well. If you enjoyed ‘The Girl On The Train’ and ‘The DaVinci Code’, you’ll like these too. The main characters are very well developed and with flaws but you end up really caring about them!
- The Martian: A Novel by Andy Weir <— I JUST ONE-CLICKED IT!!!!!! OMG It’s on sale bug time, and fabi went CRAZY for this book, and everyone tells me how awesome the movie is but I won’t watch it until I read it, and now I can!! 😀 *squeeeee*
Fabi: This is one book to movie that I HAVE to see. If you haven’t read the book yet, you’re missing out. I know its classified as sci-fi. And it is sci-fi. But its so much more too. It’s a best seller and with good reason. …The Martian is one of the few books that can be recommended to anyone. If I had a grandpa, it would the only book I’d share with him. “blush* Yet, its entertaining for anyone.
MichelleS: I have you to thank for talking me into reading The Martian. It is sooooo not my usual kind of book (or so I thought) but it was amazing.
Lisa: I went to see The Martian over the weekend and it was excellent. Amazing cast….from Donald Glover to Kristen Wiig.I didn’t read this book but I can highly recommend the movie.
- Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah <— KRISTEN HANNAH SUPER-SALE ALERT!!! DESCRIBED AS EMOTIONALLY HAUNTING… Two sisters, complete opposites together again at their father’s death bed, with their angry mother. “Meredith and Nina find themselves together again, standing alongside their cold, disapproving mother, Anya, who even now, offers no comfort to her daughters. As children, the only connection between them was the Russian fairy tale Anya sometimes told the girls at night. On his deathbed, their father extracts a promise from the women in his life: the fairy tale will be told one last time–and all the way to the end. Thus begins an unexpected journey into the truth of Anya’s life in war-torn Leningrad, more than five decades ago. Alternating between the past and present, Meredith and Nina will finally hear the singular, harrowing story of their mother’s life, and what they learn is a secret so terrible and terrifying that it will shake the very foundation of their family and change who they believe they are…”
Cindy: I have read Night Road and Winter Garden (and recently finished The Nightingale) and loved them all. Same sad mood in each of those and all so haunting.
- The Good Girl by Mary Kubica <— PSYCH-THRILLER/KIDNAPPED SUPER-SALE ALERT!!!
Traci: it was all kinds of crazy!
Diane: I finished The Good Girl yesterday and really liked it, I think Stockholm Syndrome is definitely catnip for me.
Lisa: Highly recommend the good girl if anyone is seeking a total suspense and kidnapping with a twist
Mandi: Omg, I loved The Good Girl! Did not see that ending coming!!
- Red Rising (The Red Rising Trilogy, Book 1) by Pierce Brown <— MUCH LOVED HUGELY POPULAR SCI-FI DYSTOPIAN SUPER-SALE ALERT!!!!
Fabi: Thing about Pierce, he has never shied away from brutally pounding his readers into the dirt. Waaay back from the beginning of Red Rising. I thought my heart shattered.
Michelle: Red Rising is another one of my favorite books and I’ve read nothing that compares to it – highly recommend!
Author Anonymous is SO FREAKING MINE RIGHT THIS SECOND!!!!!!
*throws candy confetti on everyone*
Oh, and Wide Open Spaces is MINE as well.
‘Cause I know y’all just absolutely needed to know that. 😛
It’s really Maryse.
*collapses into a chair* I’m finally home. Gah. What. A. Week. And… ooomph, Author Anonymous hmmm, I want. I want a lot!
I swear this happens to me every time!
*Clicks on The Martian*
*Overlooks awesome e-book deal Maryse found, decides to get paperback instead. But not the “movie” paperback. MUST have original cover*
*Logs onto Powells.com*
*Adds The Martian with original cover to shopping cart. With shipping = $18.99*
*Empties shopping cart, closes browser. Reminds self, “Self, you don’t like sci-fi.”*
Definitely the original The Martian cover was better.
I’m just shocked Maryse did that for her cover. :○
It’s a clever cover, I must agree. That’s the ONLY thing I agree on, though. Sherlock agrees with me.
Did Sherlock deduce it’s not Maryse?
Did you gather us her to unveil the real author among us?
The author who dabbles in the erotic? The author who meets up with other writers at her very own home?
wait what did I miss? *back reading*
Jeez I was only gone 2 days! What did you guys do? Maryse is Author Anonymous now? I thought I was keeping up, but then…wine.
I’m squirreling erotic. I’m dancing on New Adult now (with slightly more explicit scenes) 😀
Umm… R… looks like bev has suddenly pointed the elsewhere. 😉
I think bev stole Amy’s Jagger. Hand it over!
*hides in corner. she’s on to me*
Okay, I’m actually an anonymous author and Anonymous Author is actually about me. And that is my sexy self on the cover.
*whispers to Maryse* There…I threw them off the trail. I got your back. 😉
Amy, have you started it yet? I’m pretty sure I want this one! I noticed on GR, Ela’s reading it and I guess Grey is too?? It looks awesome!
I see. Amy thinks she is doing Maryse a solid, while R. acts innocent. I notice she is encouraging others to read it.
Like how I did that? 😉
Tee hee!!!!! 😛
Bwahahahaha! I’m dying reading Bev’s and all of your comebacks. Laughing in the face of such a train wreck…
R…I’m going to try and start it tonight, depending on how far I get with my studying. I’m trying not to get last-week-itis here. 😉
You know, I’m actually hoping it *doesn’t* come out who AA is about because she could really face some backlash. People can be vicious, especially when they are hiding behind their computers. Affairs ALWAYS cause damage, even if the spouse/SO never finds out, and I can only imagine how painful it must have been for the “author” at the center of this story.
OMG I am so out of the loop. So EK Blair is obviously a pen…and the writer’s someone famous? It’s all making sense now.
Yes they can for sure. Yet, I think some of the issue may come from how it is presented.
I mean really there is nothing wrong with being anonymous or using pen names, it’s been done for years.
I love a good memoir and dish memoirs. Or a really good biography. Some people use them as confessional and some as a this is my life if you don’t like it suck it, lol. Either invites criticism because they are inviting you into an area of their life, opening the door themselves. I’m not excusing it, the trolls, but the authors do recieve something in return.
This is just my, very uninformed opinion, but there just seems like the author is making it more salacious. That’s where I think some are wondering why?
I did see a review, she didn’t care for it really, and hoped the author’s name does not come out either. She mentions that she felt like anonymous had a bit of a disdainful tone for the readers of these types of fictional books, like she writes. I’m really curious of any of you pick up on that too.
EK Blair is anonymous’ ghost writer, basically.
I say in 3-6 months anonymous outs herself or they write another book.
Oh!!! That makes it juicier. But, hey. If you’ve gone and effed everything up in your personaly life, why not profit from it. She’s doing a great job of marketing it.
Bev, I even question whether there really is an author anonymous or in a few months we learn surprise this was really fiction. Yep, there is a cynic in me; I guess I’m a little tired of our over-sharing, going for the profit society.
I was wondering if it’s a fabrication too, but if so, I doubt it would ever be proven!
We will be the cynics, Cheryl. Lol.
Though I do love a good memoir. I have a new one I really am looking forward to, Not My Father’s Son by Alan Cummings.
Also, I think many here would enjoy The Glass Castle so freaking good.
I hope not. At least on Blair ‘ s side. That doesn’t ever work out well.
E.K. Blair posted videos of herself answering reader questions, and she insists this is 100% true. Everything (but she did purposely jumble dates of signings and names and such) so nobody can pinpoint who the author is.
I think knowing this is what someone actually went through is going to make it that much more intense, for me at least. I’m not all that intrigued by memoirs, but having it told this way is right up my book-readin’ alley. 😉
Amy, we are opposites, lol. I’ll read memoirs but a novel with a real person as the MC turns me off.
Woohoo, a couple of my all time favorites are up there on super sale. Grab ’em, grab ’em!
There is a new one coming out on the 1st of September that I had the honor of beta reading. It’s called Optical Illusion by Emma Jaye. Look at that cover! A five star read for me.
It’s a beautiful m/m story. It isn’t light, even though there are many humorous moments. It isn’t completely dark either, although there are some very dark parts. I have no doubt that Chris will melt your heart as he did mine.
This is a two book series. While the end of book one leaves you hanging off the cliff by your fingernails,. book 2 is ready and will be published only a few short weeks after book 1 is released. (Knowing me and cliffies, thank goodness I was able to read read the second book immediately after). But Emma does include the first few chapters of book 2 at the end of book one. I guess she was worried about the health of our fingernails. *snort*
I highly recommend this book. It is an original, both heartbreaking and heartwarming, brilliantly told story.
Hehe, but opposites attract.
*makes kissy face at Bev*
You only have one eyebrow.
Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop is $1.99!
Father Mine by J.R. Ward has dropped to 99 cents.
Hi guys! I totally 1-clicked Red Rising. You guys should be proud of me, I’m expanding my book genres!
Now, as for Author Anonymous, it makes me so nervous! Not surprised that Amy was all over that one! But I did just 1-click it after begging my friends to read it with me. Will definitely need the support! Putting Edge (Gentry #7) to the side for a sec….
Finished Furious Rush over the weekend. Really liked it. Kept waiting for something really big…..then BAM! At 98% it happened! WTH! I didn’t get the pains and angst in my stomach like with Thoughtless series, but when I finished I got those feelings just thinking about the next book (which by the way there is no mention of anywhere)! Oh and for those of you interested, the entire book is h’s POV. And yes, H does have a heart, kinda like Kellan!
Amy, did you finish The Dark Elements series? Did you approve of whom she chose?
Anna thank you so much for the heads up. I can NOT believe I haven’t read Father Mine yet, but I scoured every book collection I have and I just don’t see it. Mine! *grabby hands*
Jean, you go girl! I love it. Although, I started Edge this morning because I saw you’d started reading it. LOL Ah well, maybe I’ll stick with it. The writing is incredibly good as always. I’m a little worried because UK Bev didn’t like this one as much as the other ones. We’ll see if I stick to it or squirrel. :-/
Not yet Tessa…and you have no idea how hard it is for me to not peek at the end to see who it will be. I’m afraid of getting too attached to one or the other and then that one has to walk away!! *sigh* Too late though I think because I’m already attached to both guys. 😕
I’m shuddering on your behalf Amy. Triangles break my heart. The Twilight series triangle almost killed me.
The Twilight series was my first love triangle ever, and I couldn’t put it down. Nothing has ever addicted me that hard!
Fabi, I made it to 11% of Edge and was really loving it already!
Bahahaha Fabi. OK yeah, no IEWU for you!
Jean, I truly love Cora Brent’s writing. It flows right through me. Immediately grabbing me and throwing me into whatever story she is weaving.
R. laugh all you want you big bully. Not all of us are tough cookies. In fact, I tend to relate with the gooey, melted chocolate chunks. You and Amy are both standing in front of me in a verbal war. I’ll slink behind you and whimper. 😉
Unless I’m forgetting something, One True Loves was the only “triangle” that had me conflicted. Most of the time I know right away who I’m rooting for! And it’s just been brought to my attention that it’s not usually the good guy! 😮
Tesssssssaaaaaa!!!! How can I be so happy with her choice and yet my heart feels like it’s breaking at the same time?!?!? *sob*
Guys, seriously! I don’t think I have EVER felt so torn in a book love triangle! Either I always knew who I wanted the h to end up with and didn’t really care about the other guy, or I really liked both guys but one more than the other yet still didn’t want the lesser-liked one to get hurt, but this…THIS!! I loved BOTH of them and now my heart is swelling and breaking at the same time. How?!? UGH!!
What book are you guys talking about?
Ha! Amy breaks the triangles heart and then dances in the blood.
You know I mentioned The Glass Castle a few times, well I believe it may be made into a movie.
Really, it is very very good.
I LOVE love triangles!! Funny that I don’t think of Twilight as a real “triangle” though…I guess cause I always felt Jacob was a substitute for Edward…I mean seriously….who would dump Edward?!?!
Anyway…The Kathleen Turner series by Tiffany Snow is a great triangle where I honestly couldn’t pick a fave or predict the ending.
More like the triangle broke MY heart and is dancing in the blood. 😕
Oh hush Leslie. Team Jacob!
But no team Bella.
R, She’s reading The Elemental Series by Jennifer Armentrout. A series where the triangle was so good, you fell for both men equally.
*hands Amy Manny again*
I never said the trilogy wouldn’t hurt. I just said it was awesome and you had to read it. So, uh… blankie fort? Martini? https://hamptonroadshappyhour.com/bermuda-triangle-martini
Err, Dark Elements series. Not Elemental series. Too many series named something element.
Maryse… I’m seeing a new list in the near future… Best Love Triangles! Would be fun!!
Sweetest Sorrow by J M Darhower was also released today – sequel to By Any Other Name
Wow, I was so worked up I missed R’s question!
*grabs Bermuda Triangle martini and gulps it down* Why did she make me love them BOTH?!?
And yes…we need a new list with best love triangles, especially PNR ones!
Sweetest Sorrow…just that name makes me ache. Or maybe it’s because I was already aching. *sigh*
Isn’t that the star-crossed rival family book?
I’m wondering if you can read it going in and pick a side? Hmmm…
I tried to pick a side. I couldn’t. This was a first for me. *sigh*
My heart bleeds for Landon he deserves someone who loves him for who he is, i completely hate the heroine of Author Anonymous , not only for what she did but for sharing the story too .
Did not read at all yesterday and today will be the same. 🙁
And I’m in the middle of Sawbones and just downloaded A Torch Against the Night.
I want to read……and ok work too. But couldn’t we all just get a lunch and also a reading break?
Rawan, I totally get your reaction. Just finished last night (read it in one day) and I just don’t know…..my feelings are all over the place…….but one thing is for sure to me, Landon definitely deserves better.
You can invalidate my vote since I haven’t read AA. But I’m with Rawan and Jean. I’ll read and enjoy pretty much any fiction, but I’ve got the gist of what AA is about, and no, simply no IRL.
Jean, are you going back to Edge? I’m only at 19%
Yes I am Fabi! I need it!
I’m loving it so far. Another Gentry boy breaking my heart.