*squeeeeee!!!!* 😀 WHAT IS GOING ON!!?? I woke up to Sunday-crazy. But awesome crazy! Ha! Like we can ever have “too many” book deals right? I dunno… but these just warranted their own mini post, ’cause I can’t possibly “sticky” all of these reviews to the top of this page to let you know they’re all on sale. I tried. But it got too messy and confusing so here’s a list, instead. I like lists. I’m good at those. 😛
P.S. Plus, I just received two adamant recommendations from two from our “trustee-reading crew” and I can’t figure out which one to start next! So I’m adding them, also. It’s kind of like a… “weekend wrap-up”:
- Forever, Interrupted: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— OH. EM. GEE!!!!! One of my FAVORITE BOOKS of the year (Forever, Interrupted) is on sale right now. I 4.5 to 5 starred this one!!! Holy moly I paid full price for this one and it worth every penny, so at this price? *squeeeeee!!* Taylor Jenkins Reid is absolutely one of my latest favorite authors forever!!!! Check out my review. You’ll see! 😀 And then! Check out her other book that I LOVED like crazy, too (After I Do which I 5 starred)! That one isn’t on sale, but you’ll see. She’s AWESOME!
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover is on sale right now. Y’all know I loved it! Check out my review. 😉
- Dead Until Dark: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel #1 by Charlaine Harris <— Aimee found us this SUPER-SALE!!! She says: “5 of the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris are on sale today! I feel in love with these PNR books and would definitely recommend to others.” HECK YAH!!! These were the books I started RIGHT AFTER Twilight and they SO helped me get over my agony of finishing that series. I went from HARD-CORE love with Edward to HARD-CORE LOVE with Eric. Best time of my life ever. The start of my reading journey in fact…
- Living Dead in Dallas: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel #2 by Charlaine Harris
- Club Dead: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel #3 by Charlaine Harris
- Dead to the World: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel #4 by Charlaine Harris
- Dead as a Doornail: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel #5 by Charlaine Harris
- Until Series: Box set by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— She bundled up the series and put it on sale today!!! Stephanie found it, saying: “Get all four books: Until November, Until Trevor, Until Lilly, Until Nico!!!!” Aimee says: “That is a smok’in deal!! 1-clicked it” Agreed!
- The Causal Enchantment Series by K.A. Tucker <— Nicole found us this one, saying: “While looking on amazon for KA Tuckers series Ten Tiny Breaths I saw that her other series, The Casual Enchantment Series, is on sale for all four books. I one clicked. They have above 4 star reviews….I hope their good.“
- Cash’s Fight (The Last Riders Book 5) by Jamie Begley <— My fellow Book-Biker lovers, if you’ve been following this series (Jamie Begley’s “The Last Riders” Series), book #5 is live!
- Losing Me Finding You by Natalie Ward <— And this recent release just came HIGHLY recommended by one from my trustee reading-crew! Michelle says: “If you haven’t already read this…. stop what you are doing and download it immediately!!! 5 stars for sure. I read it straight through. Carried my Kindle around ignoring everything and everyone. Totally different from anything I’ve read recently and maybe that’s why I loved it so much. It’s one of those I won’t forget (because it is just so totally unique). WOW. That’s all I can say.” Michelle and I usually have very similar book-taste so I’m adding it to the top of my reading list.
- Waiting on the Sidelines by Ginger Scott <— Kandace recommends this one! “I spent yesterday reading ‘Waiting on the Sidelines’ by Ginger Scott. I have know idea what possessed me to 1-click this book. It has a horrible cover, an author I’ve never heard of and the MCs are in high school. I was totally blown away by this story. I truly felt I was living her story. The story had an Amy Harmon “feels” to it. Nolan is a typically awkward high school girl. The first day she ever played eyes on Reed she was smitten. What I liked about this story was Nolan was just an average teenager. Yeah, she has a nemesis who makes a few years of her high school hell. But she also is popular and has kick ass friends. Nolan and Reese feelings for each other run deep but neither is willing to step forward and say I WANT YOU! Their first kiss was magical. I’m seriously so excited about this book. I had butterflies the entire time I was reading it. I’m diving into the second book tomorrow. It’s about them in college. I can’t wait to experience the twists and turns college life is going to give them. This story brought back the fluttering heart feeling we all had in high school when the boy we were crushing on smiled at us. There were a few times my eyes got a little weepy.” Sounds PERFECT for me, right now. This is exactly what I’m in the mood for, and after the super-dark “The Tied Man” I’m ready for big romance!!! I think this’ll be next, for me.
- Going Long (Waiting on the Sidelines Book 2) by Ginger Scott <— and here’s #2!
- The Tied Man by Tabitha McGowan <— And let’s not forget my LATEST BOOK REVIEW, ’cause I just posted it last night and I think you’ll get a kick out of our er… group-read reactions on this one. LOL!!! Unfortunately, it got pushed down somewhat with all of these crazy sales today, so I’m highlighting it, here.
There are a few here I want to try. Losing me, finding you looks different, as well as the casual enchantment series. I’m still trying to read off the record (which is good), but I’m so tired from little dude waking up to an earthquake, which was barely felt here, it’s taking me thirty minutes to read a page.
Now that I think about it, being this sleepy was probably not a good time for one clicking. I think my book Dom might be upset.
Hey, Maryse! 🙂
Have you already read the Driven Trilogy by K. Bromberg?
Just finished it today and cried like a baby at the end. Cried a lot through the whole series, but at the end it were tears of joy.^^
Colton Donavan is the Hell of Bookboyfriend! >:)
Loved every minute of this trilogy!
Thanks for the list – oneclicked severeal of them today.
He he, oh my… I hope I’ll survive this damn bookhangover. This time it got me baaaaad…:D
Waiting on the Sidelines is awesome! One of my favs.
Yep Bev. I think I’m gonna start it now… I’m in the mood for that.
Tessa!! Earthquake!!?? GAH! Where are you?
Hi Natalie! I haven’t read ’em yet, but I know that series is HUGE amongst our reading crew. Thank you so much for reminding me! 😀
Hahaha. Santa Clara. The earthquake’s epicenter was about 75 miles away, so we barely felt it. I’m more grumpy about the lack of sleep, and the TV being hijacked by the news. 😛
Natalie, omg, the Driven series was so goooooood. I was in a happy fog, my heart having clenched so many times throughout the books. Great recommendation. Warning, though, it took me a bit to be able to read again due to the happy fog.
Tessa, I’m glad to hear that the epicenter of the earthquake was far away enough, that you did not get hurt.
Well, this happy fog blurs my mind all the time since starting the trilogy. Colton f****** Donavan. Daaaamn. XD
My poor boyfriend. Summer Holiday and me reading Fueled and Crashed on the beach. Lol.
Still can’t believe that it took me so long to find this series. O_o
I hope my future Bookboyfriends can catch up with Colton. :p
The casual enchantment series is good….didn’t know the final book had come out. Thanks!
Read Fallen Crest High? (I think Mason has become my favorite book boyfriend). I’ll look to see what books gave me that happy fog. I read too much to remember book names at this point, but I know there have been some that made a good, happy fog recently.
I guess I will try “How to kill a rockstar” to sooth my Colton-infected brain. Muhaaaarrr!
Maryse praised it, and it’s waiting on my TBR. 😀
Haven’t read Fallen Crest High by now. Thanks for the Tip!^^ Let me know if you remember more happy fog books, Tessa. <3
Hi Maryse – I just finished Hush by Maree Green and it was soooo good. I think it’s classified as NA but OMG, I was completely captured. The character development was very well done. I don’t think I have seen it on any of your lists and it was only $0.99! It is part of a series but they can be read as stand-alones. This was #2 in the series but the blurb jolted me more than the first so I just jumped in. 🙂 Thanks for the list today – I have had some on my wish list for a while – yay for sales!!
Hey Tessa, just don’t have Maryse tough talk your Book Dom…she tried with someone else’s BD this weekend and got in trouble. *snicker* Glad everything is okay after the earthquake!
Yet another rec for the Driven trilogy! I need to move that one up on my TBR list. *peeking around for Book Dom*
And I love the Fallen Crest series! Mason is so moody and sullen and hot and loyal and just so… *sigh* I’m ascared of the next book though. One of these days *someone* will read it. *side-eyeing Maryse*
Natalie, I just discovered the Driven series last month & I’ve already gone back & re-read them a few times. I’m so glad I found em after all 3 had been released….can’t imagine having to wait for each book!!! “I race you, Ryles”…..my heart melted!! I love Colton Donavan!
I have bought, read, & loved the 1st three books in the Until Series….and I STILL 1-clicked this bundle. It’s worth it since all 4 books are $3.99 each. I needed that last book anyway.
Lauren, you are soooo right!
I’m so glad that I could read Driven, Fueled and Crashed right away without waiting for the next release.
That would’ve killed me!
Guess I’d crawl under my bed and start repeating superheroes to bear the withdrawals. 😉 Evil cliffhangers but oh so worth the ride.
I’m not ready to leave Colton, Rylee and THAT intense feeling behind just yet.
I have preordered Raced just yesterday.
Need my ACE fix..*sigh*
Nighty night everybody (it’s 11 pm in Germany over here^^). Thx for sharing your thoughts and recommendations. 🙂
I want to add since I see Ginger Scott is up here her How We Deal With Gravity is a beautiful story. I could totally feel everything our protagonist was going through so if you love her Waiting, you’ll really enjoy this one as well.
So what am I reading now? Actually, I was so squirrely, I actually jumped the shark and then some! I have been wanting to read the new release by a favorite author, The Winter King, by CL Wilson. I loved her Tairen Soul Series and have reread it many times. She’s a fantastic writer of epic-fantasy-romance. And I was in the mood for exactly that. She does not disappoint! Of course, the book is over 600 pages long (which is fantastic for epic fantasy fans) but it also means I have the next few days planned out for me. I won’t be squirreling away from this one. It’s perfect (if you’re into this kind of thing.) I just needed an escape, you now? He’s a broody king and she’s a feisty princess, and she is building a really cool world, and I am in love already. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I am so loving this.
Curious to see what you think Maryse. It looks fun and I’ll admit to still liking those YA high School romances.
CL Wilson? That sounds like something I’d like.
Natalie, I swear, I’ve tons of happy feelies, but looking, none beat I race you Riley. That was a special sweetness. Recently, I just finished Friend Zone by Brlla e Aurora and that was seriously sweet. I’m going to keep looking, though.
Belle Aurora* Sometimes I really wonder about my autocorrect.
Dang it Michelle, that sounds exactly like what I should be reading. It might stop me from jumping around all over my TBR. But I haven’t read Tairen Soul so I should probably hold off until I get that read first.
bev, did you say YA high school romance? Ahem! Unmaking Hunter Kennedy. Don’t let the title fool you, it’s a really good read.
Or if you want a little more heartbreak, Offside by Shay Savage with high school MCs. That woman can do no wrong when she writes.
Offside I’ve almost finished, lol. I’ll finish when done with my present reads.
I remember you mentioning the other. Ill be keeping an eye on it. Trying to be strict with myself & stick to what I have unless to good of deal to pass or one of my auto buys like KA next one.
LMFY still a bit slow with the youngish ages but I think it’s about to take off. What a sweet H so far.
Crazy Good is rocking my world.
Okay quick question… what book is LMFY? My mind has gone blank. 😛
Fabi – the younger years go a bot slow, but you are right…. it’s about to take off.
And you don’t have to read Tairen Soul series first – that series is finished. This is an all new stand alone. I wish it wasn’t finished. It is my all time favorite epic fantasy romance. She has a gift for creating amazing characters and a beautiful world. I’m thoroughly enjoying the Winter King.
Losing me Finding You the one Michelle S loved this weekend.
Losing Me Finding You.
I usually don’t like YA high school romances, but Waiting on the Sidelines looks good. Maybe next. Forgot about Raced coming out next month! 🙂
Amy- Driven series is REALLY good!!!
Waiting on the Sidelines (IMO) felt like coming of age story. I liked it because it was completely different than everything else I’ve read this year. The YA angst was a refreshing change. Every once in a while I need a change up to cleanse my mind.
MichelleS The Winter King, by CL Wilson is a stand alone? hmmmm very intrigued now – the title held me back at first glance because it reminds me of Game of Thrones which (dodging rotten tomatoes) I didn’t really like.
Fabi, I just totally threw a tomato at you.
Michelle S stop luring Fabi away from Written in Red, lol.
Though now that I know what she thinks of Game of Thrones not sure I want to share WIR with her. This is were I would insert a winking face but have no idea how to do that on a regular keyboard, lol.
*need to practice ducking technique*
…off to change my clothes/make a sandwich
Yup love ’em, though I prefer the tomatoes a little less ripe 🙂
I need someone else to be as ADHD as I am about reading. I am literally all over the place. Going from sweet and funny to YA to NA to PNR to bikers to rockers to epic fantasy! OY!!!! I need an intervention. I was just mentioning what I was reading and that I was sticking to my own personal TBR list based on new books by previously loved authors (instead of all this willy nilly choosing I have been doing lately). I absolutely love love love epic fantasy and romance, so it is my escape this week. Fabi – don’t go squirreling over it. One of these days, when you have time (snort) you may want to try one of her books. I’ll let you know how this one works out. (She writes the “romance” that I think is missing in Game of Thrones, but has all the fantasy!!) And her Tairen Soul series has a lot of ‘Wheel of Time” like elements that some people say she copied – but, hey, I could care less – I loved it!!! Ok. No more epic talk. Going to get banned from this blog!! yikes.
Now that scares me. Like Wheel of Time? Not as many people, I hope? I’m still on book 7 of that series for a reason. 😛 Alright, I’m intrigued enough to try it.
Tessa – it’s not The WInter King that is like Wheel of Time – it’s her Tairen Soul series that it like WOT (they even call each other Shei’tan – and the fey have the different kinds of magic and blah blah blah…..). 5 books total. OMG – I am going to get in so much trouble. No more epic fantasy talk. That was just my squirrely self….. (and no – not as many people, and the people that are there are easy to keep track of and you end of loving them all – Bel, Rain, Gaelen…. oh lordy, dont get me started I will want to read it again)…. no more…… ixnay on the antasyfay…… 🙂
Michelle, I guess we’re walking in the same shoes because I said almost the same thing a day or two ago. Then ended up reading two books at once.
Next for me is WiR but I may have to add The Winter King to that. Then again, even if I say it’ll be after WiR I don’t even trust myself to keep my word anymore.
I downloaded the sample of Teiren soul. Though, not sure if I’m in Fantasy mood. Ive yet to figure out what type of mood I’m in.
Fabi, just enjoy Written in Red. It really is good. Think on what’s next afterwards. 🙂
Tessa – did you ck that you downloaded book one? (Lord of the Fading Lands)? If you are not in a epic-fantasy mood, I wouldn’t pick it. They are not stand-alones. It’s a commitment, for sure. Put it one your TBR list for “someday”. I can’t wait to get to Written in Red. Just have to finish The Winter King first. What a cool week it’s going to be: fantasy AND PNR. Wow. Love it. (of course, that means next week I will want an MC book or something).
Decided to go with Forever, Interrupted for my next read and I’m loving it so far – I can see it being a favorite for me this year!
I’ve had a CL Wison’s Tairen Soul series on my tbr list for a while. I always thought her books were more fantasy than romance though but if there is a good mix I might have to check them out sooner.
I tried the first book in the Wheel of Time series a few years ago but could not get into it. Now, Song of Ice and Fire, that is just pure love for me.
@Fabi, oh can not wait to hear what you think of WIR. I promise I wont throw any tomatoes. That was a momentary lapse. I think it is hard once you get into fantasy to know what someone will like. Its funny because sometimes I will see someone complain about to much detail or slow build up and I wont mind usually. And I think with fantasy you find that more often, so maybe it just translates to this genre for me as well. Also, historical romance can I think be like that too.
No worries bev, I enjoyed a (slightly squishy) sandwich with that tomato.
I don’t mind a slow build up. I can can’t say fantasy is my favorite genre but I’ve read and enjoyed quite a bit of it so I’m used to the world building which as you say is also part of the buildup in Hist. Romance which I used to read exclusively many years ago and also in sci fi which I read a lot. In fact, the lack of buildup is what often bothers me in this new genre I’m reading. I want background, I want extended tingles, I want issues preventing what needs to happen. I’m a needy person aren’t I? 😉
You’re right, I should just focus on WiR after the two I’m reading now. Especially since I KNOW I’ll get sidetracked with those two pre-orders Maryse posted. Both of those will be drop everything moments when they come out.
Excited about Singh, love her other books. Have you read Lisa Kleypas total fan girl for her historical romances. She is suppose to be writing a new hist. series. Can not wait.
Hey Bev can you recommend a good Kleypas book? They keep popping up for me since I like historical romances but I didn’t know which one to pick to start so never jumped in. If any involve pregnancy themes that always fascinates me in historical romance.
Because Your Mine is the first one that comes to mind that a pregnancy plays a part. Another would be Suddenly You just not to the same extent
Otherwise love Dreaming of you, great hero. And Where dreams begin this one has a widow mother as the h.
These are stand alones, though for a couple there are connected books. I read them out of order and LK list them as stand alone.
If you like her you may look into one of her series, great books there too.
Thanks Bev! Because Your Mine and Dreaming of You stand out to me from the descriptions and reviews. My next historical romance read is definitely going to be one of those.
I think we all like to share our book loves. Please let me know what you think if you read one.
Too true Bev. Do any of y’all go to book club meetings. There are so many in my area. I go to 2-3 but not regularly. Only when they’re reading one I like. I know that’s probably cheating. But it’s pretty cool to go discuss a good book in person sometimes.