Lots of awesome author news and goodies to come! Oh and guess who I saw today!? Well not really “saw” in person, but on a movie. Leanna Renee Hieber as a “Bed Bath and Beyond” employee in the movie “The Other Guys” with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg! Too cool 🙂
- Allyson James working on (and awaiting approval for): Tales of the Shareem: Braden (and if that goes well, next book will be Justin’s). She let’s us know that her upcoming book (in June 2011) “Shadowalker” will bring back Janet and Mick (“Janet and Mick are back and badder than ever”). She also informs us that Stormwalker (Stormwalker Series, Book 1) has been nominated for a Romantic Times Reviewer’s Choice Award in Urban Fantasy. Woo hoo!”. Congratulations Allyson!!
- Stacia Kane’s “City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, Book 3)” has been nominated for an award at Goodreads (or maybe it’s two awards)!! Also regarding the next in the Downside series:
I am also re-reading the enormous doorstop I just wrote and am actually kind of enjoying it; I think I have some ideas where to tighten it up and yeah, there will be a nice selection of deleted scenes for the website after this book comes out. (Which no, I do not have a date yet, sorry, I’ll tell you as soon as I do.) (Same with the title.)
Enormous doorstop? YAY!!! Don’t delete anything. The longer the better when it comes to Terrible & crew!
Stacia also goes on to say:
And then I get to start the fifth one! Which I’m really excited about. The fourth book brings some big changes, and it’s going to be a blast seeing how they shake out in the fifth book, not to mention the story I have planned which is something I’ve wanted to write for a long time. So yay!
- Chloe Neill announces TWO Chicagoland Vampire books in 2011! (Hard Bitten: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel in May, and DRINK DEEP in November)
- Jill Myles will have a story in the upcoming Agony/Ecstasy anthology anthology (but it is not a short from the Succubus Diaries). She’s also hosting a book giveaway from her upcoming book “My Fair Succubi” (ends Dec 25th). Click here for details! I HEART Zane!!!
- Jill Myles also provides us a preview! The first chapter of “My Fair Succubi” — I HEART ZANE!!!
- MaryJanice Davidson finished Undead and Undermined (Undead/Queen Betsy) (coming out in July). Wanna read an excerpt?
- Diana Gabaldon gives us an excerpt for book eight in the Outlander series (she is working on it right now)!
- Lauren Dane finished and turned in her latest book GODDESS WITH A BLADE (“…an urban fantasy with a romantic storyline set in Las Vegas.”
- Jacquelyn Frank is writing book six in the Nightwalkers series (Jasmine’s story – November 2011) and a short story right before it found in the Supernatural anthology (October 2011)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon tweets:
Am absolutely dying to write Darling’s book. But must finish 2 more before I can even start it. I hate when that happens 🙂
- Sherrilyn Kenyon also gives us the details on her book releases for 2011:
- Invincible: The Chronicles of Nick March (Chronicles of Nick)
- Born of Shadows (The League) April (The League)
- No Mercy (Dark-Hunter) paperback May (Dark-Hunter)
- The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 4 (Dark-Hunter Manga) Spring
- Retribution (Dark-Hunter Novels) Aug (Dark-Hunter)
- Belador #2 Oct
- Dream-Hunter Nov
- Darkness Within TBA
- One more from Sherrilyn Kenyon – an AWESOME post about past issues she has had with publishing errors etc.. (a few doozies). Great read!
- Caridad Pineiro posts an update (and gives is a preview HERE) about one of my favorite series (her “The Calling Collection” series – intense and hot vampires, extremely romantic, and lots of danger!!):
I’m also excited because in January and February 2012, THE CALLING vampire novels return with two new stories, tentatively titled ARDOR CALLS and VENGEANCE CALLS.
ARDOR CALLS features another favorite of mine, Stacia, a two thousand year old Roman vampire who is growing disgruntled with so many things in her seemingly endless existence. You may remember Stacia’s first appearance in DEATH CALLS when Stacia sets her sights on a romance with either Ryder or Diana. But Stacia also had her dalliance with Blake from Fury Calls (Harlequin Nocturne) in a short novella that I did for Harlequin – DESIRE CALLS.
Will Stacia find true love in ARDOR CALLS? I think she’ll meet her match in sexy Alex Garcia, who you almost met in Death Calls (The Calling, Book 4) (Nocturne). Diana Reyes’s ex-lover is caring, honorable and way too loving not to convince Stacia that an existence without love isn’t much of a life.
- Laurell K Hamilton has been writing some really indepth blog posts these days. Quite insightful. Not much news, but a great look into her thought processes, and writing experience. Here’s one of my favorite parts of her post:
I use to think that all writers used their emotions as fuel to write, or as idea jumping off points, but I’ve found that’s not always true. For some, their emotions are not reflected, or a reflection of what they write. For others, their emotions bleed all over the book. And then you have still others that find the emotions in the writing bleed back into their real life, sometimes with odd consequences. You can be having a great “real” day, but find yourself depressed because the “fictional” day has had a tragedy. I’m that kind of writer, and I have to be careful to remember that I just write this stuff and it’s not really-real. I have my own emotional issues, I don’t need all the ones I write about on top of them.
- Nalini Singh is working on Dmitri’s book
- Cool chat coming up!! The Knight Agency Chat Room, http://client1.sigmachat.com/sc.php?id=115545
on Thursday, December 16th @ 12:30pm ET. Includes: Gena Showalter, Nalini Singh, Maria Geraci, Keith R.A. DeCandido, Shannon K. Butcher, Linda Gerber, Michelle Celmer, Louisa Edwards, Lydia Dare, Joey W. Hill, Jessica Andersen, Lauren Baratz-Logsted, Chris Marie Green and Shirley Jump are all giving away signed copies of their releases.
Want to read these blogs directly? Check out my Authors Who Tweet post, and make sure to follow them! It’s always good stuff!