Most of today’s earlybirds are from new-to-me authors but there are a few on here that are calling my name BIG TIME. As in… I want to read right now. In fact, I started, and ended the list with the two that have me the most intrigued.
<— Like that one there to the left that just sounds like my kind of comedy romance fun (she’s addicted to the Property Brothers like me!!! :D!!!) and then that very last (but not least!!) one that sounds like an incredibly angsty love triangle (she’s in love with a rock star… AND a lawyer. YIKES!!). And, HECK YES! Plus there’s everything in between. 😉
Oh!! And if you missed it, check out my latest review of a book by one of my favorite authors (and this one is a HUGE hit right now. NYT Best Seller and everything)!! My book review of Egomaniac by Vi Keeland.
Oh AND AND!!!! The ones going live at midnight? How about one by Kendall Ryan, Cherrie Lynn, T.M. Frazier, Darynda Jones, Christine Feehan… and so many more. I posted a few of ’em below. Tomorrow will be a BIG list and I’m all about those!!! 😀
JUST WENT LIVE!!
- Love Under Construction (Love By Design Book 1) by M.C. Cerny <— LIVE!!! SHE’S ADDICTED TO THE PROPERTY BROTHERS AND WANTS TO FLIP A HOUSE ALERT!!! Oh I so wanna read this, ’cause I TOO am addicted to anything HGTV AND especially the property brothers, and this one features a sexy construction guy!!! :D!!!! “…meet a sullen, stubborn hero with a 2×4 stuck up his rear about falling in love, and a heroine who has watched every episode of the Property Brothers ready to flip her dream house. Between every construction nightmare possible, animals that need to move out, and friends determined to interfere, what could possible go right?” AND each book in this series will read as a standalone!!!
- Taking Care of the Target by Cindi Madsen <— LIVE!!! MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT! She’s the waitress at their restaurant “front” and she witnesses something… “Vince DaMarco always liked Cassie, the shy waitress who works at the restaurant that serves as a front for his mob boss uncle. Unfortunately, she witnesses a back alley hit, and while fleeing, she’s struck by a truck. Now she’s at the top of the hit list. Desperate to stop anyone who’d draw out Cassie’s death, Vince volunteers to take care of it…” <— EEEEEP!!!
- Everkin (The Kindred Book 1) by Donna Grant <— LIVE!!! DONNA GRANT FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT! “To live in the light, they hunt in the dark… When natural-born witch Edra is approached by others who share her gifts, she jumps at the chance to join a Coven. Until she discovers that they’re not what they seem. They’re hell-bent on destruction, and in order to save herself and those she loves, Edra must leave her home, and the only man she’s ever loved...” (this one is pretty short, so I’m thinking it’s part of a serial… or a prequel?)
- Chasing Fireflies by Paige P. Horne <— LIVE!!! SHE HAS BIPOLAR DISORDER… “Our love was the rarest kind of love and I held onto it with everything I had. But you see, Sara Williams wasn’t in control of her choices. Her mind betrayed her and was her hearts worst enemy. Sometimes we are only meant to have a certain amount of time with the person we love. Sometimes a lifetime isn’t enough...”
- It Started with a Kiss by Melanie Moreland <— LIVE!! SHE KISSES A STRANGER (a doctor??) ALERT!! “A favor for a friend. Kiss a stranger and walk away. But what if that favor, and that stranger, prove to be the turning point of her life?”
- His Undeniable Secret (A New Adult Erotic Romance) by Shayla Black <— LIVE!! SHAYLA BLACK ALERT! She’s in love with her brother’s best friend… “I have to persuade him to stay…somehow. Maybe if I tell him I’m a virgin and show him just how far I’m willing to go to keep him, he’ll give in. Of course, I never expected that he’d be keeping a shocking secret of his own…” (P.S. This one too, is a super-short story).
- Masquerade with the Master (Master Me Book 2) by Lili Valente <— LIVE!!! HE’S BEEN WATCHING HER FROM AFAR... “Her lesson will begin with a box. A box with a beautiful dress, a mask, and an invitation to come play with a man who has been watching her from afar...” P.S. It can be read as a standalone.
- The Stubborn Billionaire (The Muse Series) by Lexxie Couper <— LIVE!! A BILLIONAIRE WANTS REVENGE ON HER… “I’m going to ruin Sienna Roberts. My plan has been in play for months. She has no idea I’m the mysterious benefactor commissioning her artwork, or that the downfall in store for her will be the end of her career…”
- The Billionaire’s Bet (The Sexy Billionaires Series) by Victoria Davies <— LIVE!!! A BILLIONAIRE WANTS REVENGE ON HIS COMPETITION AND DATES HIS EMPLOYEE… “Hailey is his ticket to finally evening the score with his old adversary. There’s just one problem. The more time he spends with her, the less he cares about his grand plans for payback. But love is always a gamble, and soon he’ll have to choose between his past and his future. And pray Hailey never discovers the secret he’s been hiding from her…”
- Unbroken by Maya Banks <— LIVE!!! MAYA BANKS ALERT!! “All three of Maya Banks’s sexy novellas combined into one volume!“
- Flightless by L. Duarte <— LIVE!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT! “…he broke my heart. Shattered it to pieces. And I lived unhappily ever after instead. The end. Or so I thought. Life found a way to reunite us. But to change that unhappy ending, I had to learn how to forgive…”
- My Immortal (Immortal Warriors Book 1) by J.K. Coi <— LIVE!!! THE HUMAN DOCTOR TRIES TO SAVE HIM ALERT! He protects humans from demons… “…one dark night, a human woman tries to save him, and Rhys realizes he’s just met his match in the smart, brave doctor, Amy Bennett. When he can’t get the beautiful human out of his head or his dreams, he knows his life is about to get complicated…“
- Clinch: Schooling a Boxing Champ (Nerd & Alpha Male Sports Romance) <— LIVE!!! SHE’S CRUSHING ON THE BOXER ALERT! “She knows she’s the smartest girl in school and very soon she’s going to leave this town, and especially get away from her insufferable desire to keep staring at boxer hottie Shaun Hollister. That is until one last impediment presents itself…only weeks away from leaving for college – she has to help Shaun with his final Biology project…“
- Luck Be a Lady (Lucky in Love Book 2) by Audra North <— LIVE!!! SHE’S BACK IN IRELAND FOR WORK BUT CAN’T WAIT TO LEAVE… “Her plan is to be in Ireland for only as long as it takes to get the ball rolling. As soon as she can, she’ll leave this country with its unhappy memories and hopefully won’t return for another fifteen years at least. When Michael Faraday suddenly reappears in her life, Aoife realizes that her teenage crush on him has evolved into a very adult attraction…” (P.S. Here’s book #1 about a different couple ➜ Pushing Her Luck (Lucky in Love Book 1)
- Shape of My Life by DC Renee <— LIVE!! REGULAR GIRL & A ROCK STAR ALERT! “…plain old Brooklyn Cooper had captured the rock star. It was wonderful and fun; he was caring, attentive, and as cliché as it was, he thought I was the rising sun … and setting sun, and everything in between. I was in love and so was he. And then it all fell apart…“
- Deceit can be Deadly (Law of the Lycans Book 8) by Nicky Charles <— OMG!!! DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER NICKY CHARLES???!!! She was one of the first freebie indie werewolf stories I read after Twilight and I was addicted to the first book (and the second, for that matter). I didn’t even realize she was still writing on it, but her latest just went live. Here is the series reading order.
- Torn Between Two: The Torn Duet by Mia Kayla <— LIVE!!! LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!!! She’s in love with a rock star, and a lawyer. “I fell in love with one in the craziness of a concert. I fell in love with the other in the silence of his compassion. And now I am Torn Between Two…”
GOING LIVE AT MIDNIGHT:
- The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan – January 24th 2017
- Gravity by Lauren Runow – January 24th 2017
- Casanova by Emma Hart – January 24th 2017
- Accidentally on Purpose: A Heartbreaker Bay Novel by Jill Shalvis – January 24th 2017
- Power Game (GhostWalker Novel, A) by Christine Feehan – January 24th 2017
- Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson Series) by Darynda Jones – January 24th 2017
- Before the Lie (The Confession Duet Book 1) by K.D. Robichaux – January 24th 2017
- Preppy: The Life and Death of Samuel Clearwater Part TWO (King Series Book 6) by T.M. Frazier – January 24th 2017
- Raw Deal (Larson Brothers) by Cherrie Lynn – January 24th 2017
- Any Time and Any Place (The Billionaire Builders Book 2) by Jennifer Probst – January 24th 2017
- Put Out (Kilgore Fire Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale – January 26th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Am I first? 😀
Woo hoo! I totally threw everyone off with that monkey bread recipe! Muhahahaha!!
I’m so mad that I can’t buy monkey bread at the grocery bakery!
Wow, these Monday lists are getting to be the week’s highlights with all the surprises.
BR ladies, I’m going to start Eversea at some point today.
Ok! I’ll start it tonight!
LOL. I really think I should just make monkey bread right now. I think I have everything for it.
Yes please and I will live through you! I had Blue Bell Rocky Road for dinner last night, so it’s lettuce for me today :-/
Today’s TJ Klune does of wisdom: https://lovebytesreviews.com/2017/01/23/maybe-consider-not-being-an-asshole/
Flightless sounds good, unless she has to forgive him for a certain something…then it will be a no-go for me. 😕
BUT Shape of My Life and Torn Between Two sound like definite clicks!! 😀
Okay, I can’t figure out from the blurb or reviews if the H did the unforgivable (well, MY kind of book unforgivable).
Anyone else brave enough to dig around to try and find out for me before I click it?
I just clicked it but it might be while. You know I have my angst and non angst moods. I might stay in one, but I’m reading Idol. 😀 Potential rock star angst. Also, Charlie Davidson book comes out tomorrow. However my brief skim showed the book has to be fully read to know. Something tells me it’s not that, since that’d be obvious, but I can’t say for sure.
Ooooh, and the next book I an angel series I’ve been enjoying came out on the 20th! *one clicks that one too* – Legion of Angels series by Ella Summers –
I’m currently reading Second Grave on the Left right now. Once I learned from Maryse that those books went on super-sale, I was all over it! I’ve been waiting to read that series for a long time now, but the series was always so pricey. Not anymore! Fantastic series so far! Charley has me laughing the whole way through! LOVE HER! And don’t even get me started on Reyes! *sigh* 🙂
Amy, Flightless does sound good plus its on KU which is even better! I have it ready on deck in case I want to break from the series I’m on right now. If I read it, I’ll let you know. 😉
Torn Between Two! Yes! Oh and Chasing Fireflies, ya know, because the whole “broken” kinda theme and you know me!
Yes these Monday lists are killing me……I’m buried in ebooks! Lol
Starting Eversea tonight for the BR!
I cheated. Nope, not for you, Amy.
I’m reading Flightless right now!
Keep us updated Nay!
Amy, I think I’m going to try Flightless. It’s KU and I’m trying to use that because I’ve spent too much on makeup lately!! It says “story that deals with loss and abandonment; redemption and reclamation.” Although, now I just read Tessa’s comment, but then again they are teenagers at the time, not a married couple!!
Did Amy and Tessa just spoil a book?
Fabi is going to be pissed.
i tried to read over the comments lightly, so I’m pretending not to know what they’re talking about! lol
Maryse, the new Laura Florand is LIVE in Australia right now. Should be with you guys in a few hours, I guess. A Crown of Bitter Oranges. I’ve started it and loving it already. It’s about another one of the hot, hot, hot Rosier cousins. Tristan’s story this time. So French, so sexcie……………..
lol Bev! I hadn’t even snapped to that. I guess because I didn’t even know which book they were talking about.
Shame on you girls!
YAY!! Thank you Jan!! 😀
Let me know how it goes, Jan.
I’m not buying any more this month.
I have to decide on a monthly $ limit or # of books limit.
And stick to it.
I don’t *think* we spoiled anything…did we? I mean, the blurb alludes to it, right? 😕
Or maybe we thought she woke up in an ice bath missing a kidney. She had the realization of….Oh. I see. That’s how he makes his money.
She must overcome a broken heart and a missing kidney.
The organ-stealing ring was led by a mafia boss who also traded in blood diamonds. And then…… Oh, oops? no spoilers. Sorry 😀
So what we’re saying is its complicated.
Or could of been but now we know what really happened.
No spoilers. We just alluded to a situation that IF it happened it happened very early in the story.
Bev and Jan, funny because I think the H is a doctor.
Ok so far Eversea is really freaking cute 🙂
Alright, Idol is absolutely awesome so far. Thank you to all who recommended it. I love my rock stars who are believable, and boy is this. I think I want a few other band’s story. Honest truth, I can see them being quite sexy.
I’m barely into it, but I like that she is a bit star struck.
It can be a bit weird when they are the biggest actor or singer in the world and the heroine has never heard of them.
If a brand new, or indie, or whatever I can see but when they are supposed to be Brad Pitt….
But is thus a take on Pattinson and Stewar? The whole affair with a married director thing.
That’s what I thought too bev. I’m only 11% in though, so we’ll see!
I loved the next book after Idol called Managed. One of my favorite reads lately.
Hi book babes. Just checking in. Super busy as Im back at work so limited time to work out what the hell monkey bread is?
Im reading Ego by Vi Keeland. And Room Mate by Kendall Ryan just turned up on the kindle. 🙂
Eversea is great so far. I think all is not as it seems. Waiting for the bomb to drop.
Tessa I’ve had Idol on my schedule for months and I keep pushing it back. I really need to get to that one.
So glad you guys talked me into Eversea. So far so good.
Right Michelle? This is like one of those hidden tbr gems we talk about. Not sure I would have ever picked it up without the BR.
Well, his real life will have to pop back in at some point.
I just want to get RP out of my head, but she keeps talking about Jack’s messy sticky up hair.
One other thing, I think she said the population was 9000? But she keeps mentioning how small the town is with everyone knowing each other.
I think some of these are adorable or as R would say, ” Adorbs”
LOL bev. I NEED!!
Eversea update: ok, so I’m at around 30%. It’s a great story and well written. I am definitely enjoying it. My only complaint is that (so far) it reads like a YA CR. If there’s any genre I stay away from, it’s YA CR. So, crossing fingers and hoping it becomes more ‘adult’ soon.
I’m at 25% I think. They aren’t in HS so I’m good! Loving it so far.
Cristina…Tessa cheated and found out for us (thanks Tessa!!) so it doesn’t sound hopeful for me, but definitely let me know when you read it what you think!
Cheryl…unfortunately it’s unforgivable for me in books whether they are married or not. That’s why I hate a certain book baseball player. 👿
I clicked Eversea in 2013 so I’ll probably be reading it when I get to that year again. Well, also depending on what I hear from y’all. 😉
Everything You Want Me to Be is pretty good so far. I’m still getting a feel for it but it’s promising right now. Sad, but good.
Fabi, what makes it feel YA to you?
I swear I have a CR YA in my tbr based on your rec…..something Hunter Kennedy? ??
And maybe read the S. Savage one cause of you. Where he calls her Rumple. Or maybe that was MichelleS.
It feels more CR to me, but a PG13 CR–so far. I’m only at 30% though.
Yeah, me too.
Doesn’t really feel NA to me either.
Though a lot of YA can read like CR, it’s not all over angsty or chaste NA.
Last year a YA was one of the most swoony books I read, and took place in Paris. Love books thar take place in a foreign locale.
You are absolutely right bev. As always. One of my favorite books of the year a couple of years ago was a YA CR called Unmaking Hunter Kennedy. I loved it and still love it. It was about a rock star sort of hiding out his star status.
I really like Eversea. Really like it! But, maybe I’m jaded. It’s not a very big deal, but her age and her experience don’t match for me.
PG13? You mean PG right?
Lol Fabi. There’s *talk* of sex.
I totally buy the age. 21 in a small town? Girls go one way or the other. If there aren’t many fish to choose from, they either go skinny dipping with what they have or stay out of the water.
That’s why I said PG and not G. 😉
about to turn 22. But I’m not arguing. If it feels normal to ya’ll then I’ll go with that.
I guess maybe by today’s standards I can see it, but when I was her age, and from a small town, that’s how it was. There were sluts and prudes, and the few who fell in between had snatched up the only decent guys we had.
Her “inexperience” and complete ignorance of her own looks & appeal definitely make it feel YA. Anyone else think it was totally R. Pattinson & K. Stewart as him & his Hollywood girlfriend? Got caught cheating on him, pics leaked, film deals, hero from much loved books??? That’s why it feels YA to me.
I made a spoiler thread on GR.
Oops. Didn’t think those were spoilers!!! Sorry….
I don’t think they are Michelle.
No MichelleS LOL! I was getting heated about a part I JUST read and couldn’t say it here!
Fabi, I’m never right.
But it was one of those books I bought and remembered it was you, then you mentioned only apocalyptic YA.
So that and your love if dark but not Marmy is why I told R you are one of the two I have a hard time pinpointing your type. In response to her saying I was, lol.
But we all have that one or two exceptions, but doesn’t mean we like the genre.
I’m only at 20% and agree with Fabi……YA feel.
I’m beginning to agree too Jean.
I’m still at 30%.
Besides the lack of sexual experience I haven’t noticed the YA feel. Its sweet but i read a lot of YA that isnt.
You all have to give me specifics.
I need the obvious people, lol.
I put a few reasons under spoiler tags on GR. You might want to get another chapter in though. Basically, I agree at this point, and if you slap a HS in the mix it wouldn’t really change anything.
I read Eversae a while ago and can hardly remember anything about it. I think it was just ‘meh’ for me – maybe that’s why I can’t remember it? You all talking about it makes me want to go back and have another look. But then, I didn’t like Idol or Managed either. Both were pretty lame for me. Soweeeee :-/ I know lots loved them. I keep getting sucked in by blurbs that sound really great, then finding the books/ characters don’t meet up with my expectations……. I’m trying to be a bit choosier before I click.
I read Eversea awhile back, but I do remember it does pickup in terms on “adult” situations and angst level. Don’t forget about Foever, jack the sequel.
Amy, I finished Flightless and I think you would be ok reading it. I loved the flow of the writing, although it was not perfect and at times was overly dramatic. There definitely were some editing issues. All said I really enjoyed the story and the surprise twists along the way.
So he doesn’t do the one thing I can’t forgive an H for? Because that was what I was holding out on it over…
Torn Between Two is a phenomenal read. It’s in my top 10 favorite books EVER.