<— Can you guess what I’ll be reading today. YES YES!!! The latest release from one of my all-time favorite authors (The Will by Kristen Ashley) was just released. It’s book #1 in a brand new series, and I’ve been hearing nothing but awesomeness from early readers. I haven’t actually read reviews, but just their exhalations of it is enough to have me bouncing in my seat right now!!!! I have a feeling this one’s gonna soothe my “Mud Vein” heart, and boy does it need soothing. 😉
But, there are a couple of others on this list with blurbs that are either titillating my “bad-girl” side, or warming my heart. Like Veiled Innocence (titillated!!! Student-teacher and by an author that definitely explores darker depths), Tandem (heart-warmed… she moves to a small community to get away, but they are too interested in her :D), The Geometry of Love (titillated – it’s a love square!), The Opposite of Maybe (heart-warmed!! She moves back in with her grandmother… Rosie realizes she’s accidentally pregnant at 44, completely unequipped for motherhood, and worse, may be falling in love with Tony, whose life is even more muddled than hers), Lost In Me (Titillated… love triangle with two gorgeous men, one being an angry rocker… and she’s got amnesia).
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Monster in My Closet (A Monster Haven Story) by R.L. Naquin <— Paranormal, and it looks SO good! “I stopped believing in monsters long ago. But I knew I wasn’t imagining things when I found one in my kitchen baking muffins. I’d seen him before: lurking in my closet, scaring the crap out of my five-year-old self. Turns out that was a misunderstanding, and now Maurice needs a place to stay. How could I say no?“
- Angel After Dark (After Dark Series) by Kahlen Aymes <— it has TONS of great reviews!
- The Stuff That Never Happened by Maddie Dawson <— this one is for sure not for everyone, but sounds incredibly angsty and romantically painful… “What if you were married to a wonderful husband for twenty-eight years but in love with another man? What if you were in love with them both?”
- Knockout by Tracey Ward <— FIGHTER ALERT! I’m bringing it back after this recommendation by Julie: “Just finished Knockout by Tracey Ward and was really impressed. She’s a very good writer. Actually the cover is a little misleading, because boxing is only 10% (at the most) of the book. It is nice to look at though ! The guy’s name is Kellen (I know everytime I hear that name I instantly think of the other Kellen) and he is loaded with problems. He becomes best friends with the daughter of his lawyer who is 4 years younger. He goes on to date her older sister but always stays close to Jenna (the younger sister)… Very little sex, but very thought provoking.“
- When I Surrender (When I Break #2) by Kendall Ryan <— I missed this one in last week’s new releases, but it’s bargain priced and fits nicely here. 😀
- Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men) by Linda Kage <— Nancy found us this one super bargain priced and Stephanie says: “Nancy, I was just checking this one out. It looks like it could go on Maryse’s Taboo List. I’m one clicking this one.” Ooooooh my Taboo list, huh? I remember being intrigued by this blurb a few weeks (months?) ago, so lemme go look at the blurb. OH YES!!!! Okay I have to read this ASAP! “…he’s just so freaking hot. Being around him makes me feel more alive than I’ve ever felt before. I even like bickering with him. He could be my soul mate…except for one teeny tiny glitch. He’s a gigolo. Boy, do I know how to pick them.“
- Into the Deep by Samantha Young <— JEALOUSY ALERT!!! This sounds very NA angsty! “Almost four years later Charley thinks she’s moved on. That is until she takes a study year abroad in Edinburgh and bumps into none other than Jake Caplin at a party with his new girlfriend. The bad-boy-turned-good attempts to convince Charley to forgive him, and as her best friend starts spending time with Jake’s, Charley calls a truce, only to find herself tumbling back into a friendship with him.“
- Blindness by Ginger Scott <— Aimee found us this recent release bad-boy book, too! “It’s funny how chance takes over when you need it most. And that’s exactly what brought Cody Carmichael into her life. A former motocross super star, Cody was now happy to be living the blue collar life, spending his days finishing up school and his nights under the hood of some classic car…“
- Saletti Blood: The Order (Volume 1) by Vana V <— Katie recommends this one! “Hi Maryse, I just finished Saletti Blood: the order by Vana V and OMG wow, have u read it?? It’s a darkish read with a really BAD bad guy (the worst actually), and it was fantastic!!! It’s pretty long (which I like) and the first 15% is alittle slow but once it gets going wow! You have to check it out!!! It has everything, action, romance and twists u won’t see coming!“
- Take Care by Ash Johnson <— MMA FIGHTER ALERT!!!! Recommended by Andrea: “I just finished reading Take Care by Ash Johnson and really enjoyed it. There was a little bit of everything I look for in a book, but the best part was the strong willed kick ass h. Solid 4 stars for me! It was really good! He is an MMA fighter, but there is So much more to the story. There are stalkers, crazy ex husbands, awesome friends, and an overall great storyline.” <— MINE!!!!!!!! 😀 I totally one clicked!
- Jagged (Colorado Mountain) by Kristen Ashley <—- OHHHHHHH YES!!! Another one of her latest releases???? *squeeeeeeeeee* (here’s my review of Jagged by Kristen Ashley) (thanks Nancy & Lindsay!!!) 😀 😀
- Silent Bite-A Scanguards Wedding: A Scanguards Vampire Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Tina Folsom
- The Immortal Collection (A Saga of the Ancient Family) by Eva García Sáenz
- Mine to Claim (Shadow Shifters: Damaged Hearts) by A.C. Arthur
- Origin (The Kithran Regenesis) by Dani Worth
- The Will (The Magdalene Series) by Kristen Ashley <— A grandmother (Lydia), a globetrotter (Josephine) and an ex-boxer (Jake) (this is what I’m going to be reading today)!! 😀 <— “While Josephine was trotting the globe, retired boxer Jake Spear was living in the same small town as Lydia. There was nothing disguised about Jake. Including the fact he made a habit of making very bad decisions about who to give his love. But for Josephine and Jake, there was one person who adored them. One person who knew how to lead them to happiness. And one person who was intent on doing it. Even if she had to do it as her final wish on this earth.“
- Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank <— STUDENT-TEACHER romance by an author so many of us love!!
- Capturing Peace: A Novella by Molly McAdams
- Lost In Me (Here and Now) by Lexi Ryan <— Oh well this one sounds good!!! “The last thing I remember is having drinks at Brady’s and trying to avoid eye-contact with my life-long crush—the gorgeous, unattainable Maximilian Hallowell. They tell me that was a year ago, but I have no memories of anything since then. What I do have is this ring on my finger that Max says he gave me, and this much-thinner body I’ve dreamed of most of my life. Aside from a case of retrograde amnesia, everything seems almost…perfect.” Plus… there’s another man. “… angry, tatted, sexy-as-sin rocker Nate Crane“
- Plain Jayne by Laura Drewry <— BEST FRIENDS! “Nick never did care what people thought about having a girl for a best friend—or the “scandal” she caused by showing up to his wife’s funeral four years earlier—so he’s got no problem with the gossips now. Jayne was always the one person he could count on in his life. Now Nick is starting to realize that he never wants her to leave again . . . and that being “just friends” isn’t going to be enough anymore.“
- Destined for Love (Love in Bloom: The Bradens, Book 2) Contemporary Romance (Love in Bloom: The Bradens) by Melissa Foster
- Beautiful Innocence (Southern Comfort-Book 2) (Souther Comfort-Book 2) by Kelly Mooney
- Remembering You (Remember Series) by Sandi Lynn <— “My name is Claire Montgomery and I come from a family of snobs. Born into wealth, against my will, my family will do just about anything to uphold the perfect Montgomery name. I ruined that for them the day my car broke down on the side of the road and I met the love of my life, Sam Snow.“
- A Single Breath: A Novel by Lucy Clarke <— A young widow discovers her husband was not who he claimed to be—and finds herself falling in love with the wrong man. (<— his brother!!)
- A Baby for Easter (Willow Park) by Noelle Adams
- Tandem by Alex Morgan <— this one sounds cute! “Life sometimes throws too much at us, and we can be tempted to run away, start again. When Paula hires a driver to help her flee to a small village in Scotland, she hopes to find anonymity, a chance to be lost. Instead she finds a community keen to know more about their new visitor.“
- Tough Love (Special Delivery #3) by Heidi Cullinan <— M/M romance!
- Up by Five (Counting on Love) by Erin Nicholas <— SUDDENLY ROOMMATES!! “But within forty-eight hours of moving in, Gabby’s up to her eyeballs in a family crisis and Conner’s got the last thing he wanted—a girl and all her stuff, all over his stuff. Still, the more she makes herself at home, the more he thinks that maybe this is exactly where her stuff should be. For good.“
- Dog Gone, Back Soon by Nick Trout
- The Geometry of Love: A Novel by Jessica Levin <— RUH ROH. A LOVE SQUARE! “Julia is drawn to Michael, but feels enormous guilt at the thought of betraying Ben—not to mention fear at the idea of giving up the security of her relationship with him. So, when Michael signals that he’s too wounded to make a commitment, she turns her triangular situation into a square: she sets him up with her cousin.“
- Hotelles by Emma Mars
- Fracture (Blood & Roses #2) by Callie Hart <— the highly anticipated installment #2 of this serial series. It’s got a TON of great reviews already… I’m wanting to read these bad!
- A Legal Affair by Bernadette Witt <— “I passed the terrace cafe and saw Max having breakfast with a woman. He was kissing her hand. I almost passed out. She was very beautiful, very exotic looking, Brazilian or Columbian, with very dark hair and smoldering blue eyes. She was exquisite. She looked like she was in her early twenties. I wasn’t quite sure how close he was to his “client,” but they looked very intimate to me.“
- The Opposite of Maybe: A Novel by Maddie Dawson <— This one looks heartwarming and fun! “… when things suddenly unravel, Rosie sends Jonathan packing and moves back home with Soapie, the irascible, opinionated grandmother who raised her. Now she has to figure out how to fire Soapie’s very unsuitable caregiver, a gardener named Tony who lets her drink martinis, smoke, and cheat at Scrabble. It’s meant to be a temporary break, of course—until Rosie realizes she’s accidentally pregnant at 44, completely unequipped for motherhood, and worse, may be falling in love with Tony, whose life is even more muddled than hers.“
- Bound to be Taken (Emergence) by Becca Jameson <— D/s – “When the three quite literally collide in the elevator, a miracle happens: she agrees to their proposal. And Stephanie turns out to be the submissive of Dane and Aiden’s dreams. But as she slips deeper under their thumbs, she could be more than either man bargains for.”
- Breathe into Me by Sara Fawkes <— “How did my life get so broken? It’s a question Lacey St. James asks herself every day. Stuck raising her little brother in a trailer park while she works a dead end job at a grocery store, she has a stalker ex-boyfriend, a bad reputation, and no way out. And then she meets Everett, whose presence changes her entire existence. … But what happens when she finds out that everything he’s told her about himself was a lie?”
- Finding Serenity (Seeking Serenity #2) by Eden Butler <— alpha males and college fun! (Here’s the series reading order).
PRE-ORDERS (coming next week!):
- Hard Time by Cara McKenna <— one of my absolute FAV authors, and this book is coming out April 15th. Kentrina brought it back to my attention when she asked: “Maryse I’m looking for a book but I can’t remember the title. I think it was on your blog a few weeks ago, about a prisoner and I believe the prison librarian start having an affair and stuff gets real after he unexpectedly gets paroled. Any help would be appreciated.” And Lori and Kandace were quick to answer. I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS!!
- Her Best Laid Plans by Cara McKenna <— ANOTHER one from this same author. *squeeeee* <– expected release April 15th 2014
- Fighting to Forget (The Fighting Series) by J.B. Salsbury <— FIGHTER ALERT! <– expected release April 15th 2014
- Nova and Quinton: No Regrets by Jessica Sorensen <– expected release April 15th 2014
- Rebecca’s Lost Journals by Lisa Renee Jones <– expected release April 15th 2014
- Purple Magic by Lisa Renee Jones <– expected release April 15th 2014
- Once Upon a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club Novel) by Jessica Clare <– expected release April 15th 2014
- Naughty Bits Part I: The Lingerie Shop by Joey W. Hill <– expected release April 15th
- For Love or Money by Tara Brown <– expected release April 15th “When Lana Weber learns the truth about a certain campus celebrity, she does what any girl in her position would. She uses it to get everything she wants. But sometimes the thing you want and the thing you need, are very different from the thing you get.”
- Blame it on the Bass (Heart of Fame) by Lexxie Couper <— ROCK STAR ALERT! <– expected release April 15th
The Will!! I can’t wait to get home and read it. Oh and Jagged is .99
I’ve read the vana v book saletti blood and it is slow in the beginning but once it all starts u totally go OMG!! It’s quite dark and pretty heartbreaking and sometimes a big hard to read but was a great twist of a story I would recommend it also!! Oh and it comes under mobster story’s aswell!!
The Will!!!! so far 55% in…heroine is somewhat older then we are used to…But I quickly forgot about that and so far KA dosn’t dissapoint!!!!!
Jake is yummy!!!!
Knockout is very good read as well….somewhat similar storyline to ‘everything changes’ by Shay Stahl. Boxing is a small part of the book but the story is captivating. Kellar and Jen have great dialogue together…woth the read!
Thanks Renate!! I wanna read it even more now. 😀
Laura, I need to make this reading order… I do enjoy MOB reads.
Thanks Lindsay! I LOVED that book!
I just read A Baby for Easter. so good! I love everything by Noelle Adams!
Veiled Innocence was AMAZING!! I may just venture out and say that it’s the BEST student/teacher I’ve ever read. 😉
YAY Emily!!! Yessss THAT is what I wanted to hear. That just cinched it into my next spot. 😀
I just finished reading the three knitting in the city books by Penny Reid because you recommended them on your blog and OH MY GOD!!! The last one called Love Hacked was my favorite!! Maybe even my favorite book read so far this year. They were all so funny I got strange looks from people when I was out in public because I was laughing so hard but the last hero had the whole reclusive/damaged vibe. Quinn was alpha-sexy but Alex is definitely my new book boyfriend!! Thank you for the recommendation!!! Now I have to go stalk her pages for the next book :-\
Jen it looks sooooo sweet!
YAY Kat!! I’m so glad you loved it. She’s coming to Book Bash and I can’t wait to meet her!
Can’t wait to read Kristen Ashley .. love her. I’m currently reading Finally Home by Ann Vaugn. Military men. It is soo good and soo hot. I did not realize it was a series so will back track and read the other 3 stories. Although Michael Casiano has won me over. He is a gorgeous italian speaking alpha male who has alot of demons. If the other 3 books are this good. I can’t wait to read them. Enjoy!
Hi Maryse, I was just wondering if u finished reading The King by J.R Ward ? And what did u think about it ?? Are you going to post a review ? I really enjoyed it a lot & can’t wait for the next one.
Knockout was OK but I had a real problem with the lead male character messing around with both sisters……for years & years!!! I can’t imagine being OK with the love of my life dating, having sex with, & getting engaged to my sister but professing his love for me. Very strange.
So i’ve been home sick with a cold The last two days. What else can you do when you’re home sick and should to be resting??? Read!
I decided to take a little break from BDB and read Mud Vein yesterday. OMG!!!
It was CRAZY GOOD and wonderfully written and i’m glad i didn’t read your review first. I went into it totally blind. Um, can anyone say ANXIETY!?!? It left me shredded!! I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I needed something ti put my little heart back together.
I just finished Veiled Innocence. FANTASTIC read! I think i’ve read 3 other student/teacher reads and i agree with Emily. This one was my favorite.
Hope you get to check it out. Let us know what you think.
OMG! I’m so jealous! I want to meet her but I’d probably make an idiot of myself with my fangirling lol!
OMG I have just finished The Will (fanning herself0 what a book – straight on the back of Veiled Innocence. Happy Happy reading 🙂
Hey ladies, check out ereaderiq.com. You can track specific books or even authors, and you will be notified when the books drop in price. I came across this web site not long ago, and yesterday a book I’ve had my eye on dropped from 9.78 to 1.99! *insert big, cheesy grin* I will pay more than 5.00 for *very* few authors’ books. 😉
Veiled Innocence! I agree with Emily….best student-teacher romance ever! Ella Frank is amazing!!
I started reading the will because I love Kristen ashley’s books. This book is very similar in writing to the others but I am starting to find it annoying how the heroine repeats herself, or unnecessary details like: I didn’t verbally answer I gave a nod. i want to finish it but can’t seem to push myself because of the writing style.
Anyone else as annoyed as I am regarding Scare Crow?! I have been eager for this book for what seems like forever and now that it is here the price is $8.99????!!!!! VERY annoying.
Hi All: I saw the link for ereaderiq.com
Is there a site out there for Nook users? I have not joined the 21st century yet and still have my nook which weighs a small ton but its still quick and easy access to all my books!
Jessie, I used ereaderiq.com for a book for my Kindle app (Catherine McKenzie’s Arranged). I checked on B&N and it’s reduced there as well to 1.99. Not sure if that is always the case with price drops but it’s worth a try. 🙂