HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY and what a way to kick off the month!! Exactly 100 new releases on today’s list (and I’ll add more if we find ’em or if some later-releases show up) but we’ve got an excellent batch to choose from. In fact, the paranormal section is insane with the big names that just put out new series-sequels, or new series altogether!!! YAY US!!
But my mini-blurb jolt list highlights those blurbs that really gave me butterflies, or made me sit straight up, at attention!! ➔ Delectable (a new R.L. Mathewson release, and his ex is spilling a secret he didn’t want ANYONE to know!!!), See What I Have Done (a psych-thriller retelling of the Lizzie Borden story, BUT I LOVED this part of the blurb: a sensitive and humane portrait of two sisters caught inside a volatile household—and what it means to be free and truly loved..) Until You Loved Me (she has a one night stand with a stranger, and finds out later that he’s a famous football star… and she’s pregnant. Oooops!!), In His Hands (Blank Canvas Book 3) (she was raised in a cult, but her brooding neighbor saves her!! I LOVE those! Er… I mean, “terrified and raised in a cult”, not brooding neighbors… ;)), Maldeamores: (Lovesick) (from the recommendations section, ’cause it’s got my friend Kandace totally addicted and ’cause it sounds very forbiddeny), Just an Illusion (another from the recommendations section, and I was told it had that Thoughtless feel, and book #3 just came out!), and Falling Into the Black (sounds like an angsty love-triangle, and it’s the last sentence in that blurb that gave me that awesome jolt… “little did I know he knew exactly who I was. I just wish I figured out his true identity before I fell for his best friend..”). OH!!! One more!!! Beard in Mind (Winston Brothers Book 4) by Penny reid (sounds so hilarious, and he hates her ’cause she’s mean!! *snort* :P)
Plus, I highlighted a bunch more that sound pretty great, too! And then of course, there’s always yesterday’s earlybirds that had a few big names on it, too ➔ 11 Earlybird Book Releases
And if you haven’t seen my 2 latest reviews, don’t forget to check them out. I highly recommend BOTH books. Although completely different genres, they both had me hooked and I have no doubt they’ll have the same effect on you! 😀
- Book Review – The Difference Between Us by Rachel Higginson
- Book Review – Gwendy’s Button Box by Stephen King & Richard Chizmar
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Devil’s Cut: A Bourbon Kings Novel by J.R. Ward
- Fiercely Emma: Cake Series, Book Three by J. Bengtsson
- Turning Back: The Turning Series, Book 2 by J.A. Huss
- Secondborn: Secondborn, Book 1 by Amy A. Bartol
- Tease: Temptation Series, Book 4 by Ella Frank <— M/M ROMANCE!
- Until You Loved Me: Silver Springs, Book 3 by Brenda Novak
- Shelter for Sophie: Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, Book 8 by Susan Stoker
- Dragonsworn: Dark-Hunter, Book 28 by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Blind Date by Bella Jewel
- See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt
- In His Hands: Blank Canvas, Book 3 by Adriana Anders
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):\
- Maldeamores: (Lovesick) by Mara White <— FORBIDDEN/TABOO LOVE STORY ALERT!! Kandace is HOOKED!
Kandace: Girls… it’s so good. I’m holding my breath as I read it! I’m totally rooting for them! …I’m devouring Maldeamores. It’s sooo good.
Maryse: Kandace I hear that one is taboo or forbidden love or both. I have a feeling why…
Robyn: Kandace, I just finished Maldeamores and the sequel to it. Great books. Loved the forbiddeny angst. Well worth the read!
- The Sexy One: A One Love Romance by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY SUPER-BARGIAN ALERT!!! She’s his nanny and lives in his house… “My boss, the amazingly wonderful single father to the girl I take care of every day is ridiculously hot, like movie star levels with those arms, and those eyes, and that body. Not to mention, the way he dotes on his little girl melts me all over...”
- #MomFail: 24 Authors & 24 Mom-Coms <— Renee recommends this one!
Renee: Book Recommendation especially for all you Moms out there. I had so much fun reading this book. IT’S #MOMFAIL DAY! IT’S LIVE!!!!! 24 Authors 24 New stories every mom can relate to.
- Tau’s Pride: Sacrifice by Deborah Dorchak and Wendi Kelly <— SHIFTER SERIES ALERT & Robyn says we have to read it!! P.S. HERE’S BOOK #1 (where it all starts) ➔ Bonds of Blood & Spirit: Loyalties
Robyn: Maryse, one,of my favorite paranormal shifter series came out with a new book to the series called Taus Pride Sacrifices by Deborah Dorchak and Wendi Kelly. You guys have to read this whole series if you love shifters. It follows this pieced together family from the very beginning and now it’s about how everyone has come together to keep the family intact. It’s about love, loyalty, redemption and family. This series has everything in it!
- Badd Motherf*cker: Badd Brothers by Jasinda Wilder <— JASINDA WILDER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! SHE WALKS INTO A BAR, IN HER WEDDING DRESS… DEVASTATED. “...A girl walks into a bar, soaking wet and wearing a wedding dress. I knew I shouldn’t have touched her. She was hammered, for one thing, and heartbroken for another. I’ve chased enough tail to know better. That kinda thing only leads to clinginess, and a clingy female is the last thing on this earth I need...”
- The Face on the Milk Carton (Janie Johnson Book 1) by Caroline B. Cooney <— THRILLER ALERT!! Amy found us this super-bargain!!!
Amy: The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline Cooney is on sale for 1.99 and sounds sooooooo good. 😀 Read that blurb and tell me it doesn’t sound intriguing. 😉
Tessa: Face on the carton was good.
- Too Far Gone: A Grey Justice Novel by Christy Reece <— Lindsey found us this one! Lindsey: “Too Far Gone by Christy Reece was just released as well. It’s book 3 in her Grey Justice series. “
- Just an Illusion, Side A: Side A (The Illusion Series Book 1) by D. Kelly <— THOUGHTLESS FEEL ALERT!!!! Nicole found us this one!
Nicole: Hi Maryse! I don’t usually do this but this series really threw me for a loop. Have you read Just an Illusion by D. Kelly? It’s a 3 book series and the 3rd one just came out. I devoured them in 2 days. It reminds me a little of Thoughless. I just wanted to tell you know about them if you haven’t read them yet. I stayed up until 3am reading book 3 last night!
- Dragonsworn (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon <— SHERRILYN KENYON DARK-HUNTER ALERT!!! “There is nothing in the universe the cursed dragon, Falcyn, hates more than humanity . . . except Greek humans. In a war he wanted no part of, they systematically destroyed everything he’d ever cared for. Now he waits for the day when evolution will finally rid him of the human vermin…“
- Dragon Rebel (Immortal Dragons Book 4) by Ophelia Bell
- Harem of Chaos (The Greek Harem Saga Book 1) by Mia Church
- Heiress of Light: Magic Reborn (Reverse Harem) by Ashlyn Allbrook
- Dangerously His: A Sci-Fi Alien Mated Romance (Loving Dangerously Book 4) by A.M. Griffin
- The Witch’s Heart (The Rise of Orion Book 2) by J. M. Davies
- Secondborn (Secondborn Series Book 1) by Amy A. Bartol <— DYSTOPIAN ALERT!! “On Transition Day, the second child in every family is taken by the government and forced into servitude. Roselle St. Sismode’s eighteenth birthday arrives with harsh realizations: she’s to become a soldier for the Fate of Swords military arm of the Republic during the bloodiest rebellion in history, and her elite firstborn mother is happy to see her go...”
- Dark Rites: A Paranormal Romance Novel (Krewe of Hunters) by Heather Graham
- Forbidden Bonds (Immortal Curse Series Book 2) by Lexi C. Foss
- Stone Cold Fox (Cougarville) by Evangeline Anderson <— EVANGELINE ANDERSON’S LATEST!!!
- Recklessly Yours: The Durand Chronicles – Book Three by Lark Brennan
- The Wolf’s Rescue (The Wolf’s Peak Saga Book 7) by Patricia Blackmoor
- The Lost Vampire (Last True Vampire series) by Kate Baxter
- Wolf’s Mate: A Paranormal Shifter Romance (Shifter Rogues) by Celia Kyle
- When They Come True (Anna’s Nightmare Book 2) by Sarah Fleming Mountford <— GHOST LOVE STORY ALERT!!
- Ride the Storm (Cassie Palmer) by Karen Chance <— KAREN CHANCE ALERT!! “Cassie Palmer can see the future, talk to ghosts, and travel through time—but nothing’s prepared her for this.”
- To Crown A Beast (Blackest Gold Book 4) by Scarlett, R
- The Haunting of Alcott Manor: A Contemporary Gothic Romance by Alyssa Richards
- Earth’s Mark (Lords of Krete Book 2) by Rachael Slate
- Blood Enforcer (Wolf Enforcers Book 2) by Jessica Aspen
- Being Alpha (Olde Town Pack) by Katie Salidas
- An Unexpected Triad (Copper Creek Pack Book 4) by Kasey Belle
- Mother of Shadows (The Chosen Book 1) by Meg Anne
- Wicked Bite (Realm Enforcers) by Rebecca Zanetti <— A WITCH & A BIKER-SHIFTER ALERT!!! “As she hunts for a drug lord killing her fellow witches, all Nessa Lansa’s instincts point to the Grizzly motorcycle club. That might be because their leader, Bear, is the strong, silent shifter type...”
- Never Dare a Dragon (Boston Dragons Book 3) by Ashlyn Chase
- Natural Evil: A Novella of the Elder Races by Thea Harrison
- Dangerous Destiny: Romance with BITE (League of Guardians Book 1) by V.A. Dold
- Extrasensory (The Phoenix Agency Book 2) by Desiree Holt
- Demon’s Mark (Hell Unleashed Book 2) by T.F. Walsh
- Guardian’s Touch (Touched by Afterlife Book 2) by LA Dragoni
- SEAL Wolf Undercover by Terry Spear <— TERRY SPEAR ALERT!! SHE SHOOTS HIM… “Special wolf agent Jillian Matthews has joined the jaguar-run United Shifter Force to track down a deadly criminal. She’s even willing to work with PI Vaughn Greystroke—until the hot, growly SEAL wolf makes the mistake of getting in her way. Naturally, she shoots him. Who could blame her?“
- Devil’s Cut: A Bourbon Kings Novel (The Bourbon Kings) by J.R. Ward <— J.R. WARD TRILOGY CONCLUSION ALERT!!! Much loved drama series by some of my book buds, and now… relief!! 😀
Beard in Mind (Winston Brothers Book 4) by Penny Reid <—ADD-ON ALERT!!! PENNY REID JUST WENT LIVE!! SHE IS NOT NICE & HE WANTS HER GONE!!! LOL This sounds hilarious!!!!! “…since his twin decided to leave town, and his other brother hired a stunning human-porcupine hybrid as a replacement mechanic for their auto shop, Beau Winston’s charmed life has gone to hell in a hand basket. Shelly Sullivan is not nice and is never accommodating. Ever. She mumbles to herself, but won’t respond when asked a question. She glares at everyone, especially babies. She won’t shake hands with or touch another person, but has no problems cuddling with a dog. And her damn parrot speaks only in curse words. Beau wants her gone...”
- Blind Date by Bella Jewel <— BELLA JEWEL ALERT!! SHE’S BEING STALKED… “Those around her aren’t convinced that she’s being stalked, nor is the wonderful, supportive man Hartley’s started dating. The exciting new life she has created for herself is slowly becoming a nightmare. .”
- Fatal Threat: A Novel of Romantic Suspense (The Fatal Series) by Marie Force
- Perilous Trust (Off The Grid: FBI Series Book 1) by Barbara Freethy
- First Law of Love (Shore Leave Cafe) by Abbie Williams
- Mr. Fiancé (Irresistible Bachelors Book 2) by Lauren Landish <— HER FAKE FIANCE ALERT!!! “He’s tall, handsome, and as cocky as he is rich. With his good looks and charm, no one’s going to suspect a thing. No one’s going to believe our engagement is fake. But he’s taking this thing way too far...”
- Finding Comfort in Champagne (The Cocktail Series) by Angela Stevens
- Emerald Coast: A Novel by Anita Hughes
- Love Me Tender (BookShots Flames) by Laurie Horowitz and James Patterson
- CRUSHED (Slammed Series Book 2) by Skyla Madi <— FIGHTER ALERT!! This might be a series sequel… I read the blurb. 😉 “Support and love Jackson Quinn, no matter what. But despite how hard she tries to escape with her dignity still intact, she finds herself caught between the rifts of an old and complicated love she can’t compete with...”
- The Innkeeper’s Sister: A Romance Novel (A Honey Ridge Novel) by Linda Goodnight
- The Awkward Path to Getting Lucky: A Novel by Summer Heacock
- Roulette by C.D. Bradley
- Secrets of the Tulip Sisters: The Perfect Beach Read of the Summer by Susan Mallery <— SISTERS BUTT HEADS & SECRETS COME OUT… “Kelly Murphy’s life as a tulip farmer is pretty routine—up at dawn, off to work, lather, rinse, repeat. But everything changes one sun-washed summer with two dramatic homecomings: Griffith Burnett—Tulpen Crossing’s prodigal son, who’s set his sights on Kelly—and Olivia, her beautiful, wayward and, as far as Kelly is concerned, unwelcome sister...”
- Chasing Secrets (Elite Guardians Book #4) by Lynette Eason
- Daydream (Oath Keepers MC) by Sapphire Knight
- Knight on the Texas Plains (Texas Heroes Book 1) by Linda Broday
- The Mafia And His Angel (Tainted Hearts Book 1) by Lylah James <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT! HE’S OUT FOR REVENGE… “..When I find a strange girl hiding, beaten, under my bed, I don’t let her live out of compassion. She’s a trinket, my plaything...” and unbeknownst to him, she’s dangerous to him. 😉
- Bound for Life (Bound to the Bad Boy Book 1) by Alexis Abbott
- If I Believe (A Promises of God Novel Book 2) by Kim Cash Tate
- Delectable: A Neighbor from Hell Novel by R.L. Mathewson <— R.L. MATHEWSON ALERT!!! THERE’S A NEW ANNOYING SEXY BRADFORD ALERT, AND HIS EX SPILLS HIS SECRET!!! THAT B*&%CH!!!! 😀 “…Reese Bradford is a typical Bradford, he enjoys his food, is easy on the eyes, and has a killer smile, but there’s one thing about him that he doesn’t want anyone to know about, which of course is the first thing that his ex-fiance makes sure that everyone finds out about...”
- Temp Girl: part 2 of 6 (Kindle Single) by Stephanie Bond
- Turbulent Intrigue (Billionaire Aviators Book 4) by Melody Anne
- The Search by Clair M. Poulson
- The Edge of Us by Veronica Larsen <— SHE’S MOVING ON WITH HER BEST FRIEND & THEN HER EX COMES BACK... “...Andrew’s been the friend I needed, the one constant through the hardest times of my life. But one night, the lines blur and we’re tipped into something more. Just when I’m ready to explore what we could be… My ex comes back…“
- Taking A Chance: Delos Series: Book 7B1 by Lindsay McKenna
- His Steadfast Love (Isle of Hope Book 3) by Julie Lessman
- Just Say You Love Me by B. Love
- See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!! This preorder was brought to my attention months ago, and had me so excited! I’ve been stalking it ever since. 😉 “In this riveting debut novel, See What I Have Done, Sarah Schmidt recasts one of the most spellbinding murder cases of all time into a sensitive and humane portrait of two sisters caught inside a volatile household—and what it means to be free and truly loved...”
- Tougher in Texas (Texas Rodeo Book 3) by Kari Lynn Dell
- At The Italian’s Bidding (A Hot Italian Nights Novella Book 5) by Annie West
- One Moment by Elizabeth Savino
- Disaster in Love (A Disasters Novel, Book 1: A Delicious Contemporary Romance) by Liz Bower
- Sinful Distraction: An Opposites Attract Romance (Temperance Falls: Selling Sin Book 3) by London Hale
- Until You Loved Me: A Novel (Silver Springs) by Brenda Novak <— A ONE NIGHT STAND WITH A STRANGER ENDS UP BEING A FAMOUS FOOTBALL STAR ALERT!!! And now she’s pregnant. GASP!!!! YAY!!! LOL! “…Embarrassed by her recklessness, she ducks out the following morning without learning the guy’s full name, something that shouldn’t have been a problem…until a pregnancy test turns positive. Being a professional football player, Hudson King has always been cautious around women. But this one had been different—so disinterested in his celebrity, so convincingly into him. When Ellie tracks him down, claiming she’s carrying his baby, he’s stunned. And more than a little betrayed…”
- Faith (Beach Brides Book 11) by Helen Scott Taylor
- A Beautiful Kind of Hope (A Beautiful Kind of Series Book 1) by Cathy Johns
- The Field Trip by Cassidy Wright <— STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT!!!
- In His Eyes by Larry Benjamin <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! “Told in 139 “vignettes,” each dedicated to a single event, this is the story of four young men who meet in college, and follows them for more than two decades as they navigate the landscape of modern gay life.”
- Trust with a Chaser (Rainbow Cove Book 1) by Annabeth Albert <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Our Perfect Puzzle: A M/m Age Play Romance (Pieces Book 3) by M.A. Innes <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- The Bones of Our Fathers by Elin Gregory <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Tackling the Subject by Jon Keys <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- LOVESICK by Jean Flynn
- Going Hard (Single Ladies’ Travel Agency Book 2) by Carina Wilder
- In His Hands (Blank Canvas Book 3) by Adriana Anders <— SHE WAS RAISED IN A CULT & THEN HER BROODING NEIGHBOR PROTECTS HER ALERT!!! “Abby Merkley has been a member of the Church of the Apocalyptic Faith since she was a child, and there’s no way out…until her darkly handsome, brooding neighbor defies the rules and takes her into the safety of his arms…”
- A Summer of Firsts: The Goodbye Quilt\First Time in Forever by Susan Wiggs and Sarah Morgan
- Covered in Darkness: In Darkness Book 3 by Heather Sunseri
- Love Heals All (Once Broken Book 2) by Alison Mello
- What About Us (The Bluff Harbor Series Book 2) by Emma Tharp
- Look the Other Way by Kristina Stanley
- Falling Into the Black by Lauren Runow <— OH THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE LOVE TRIANGLE ANGST ALERT!!! She helps her friend at her club… “…Two masked men became my euphoria. One was a player deep in the game. A teacher both intimately and figuratively. The other was a quiet director. A man who tempted me with his stares and set me on fire with his dark whispers. His secrecy excited me, bringing me to levels I’ve never imagined. I thought we were playing a game, but little did I know he knew exactly who I was. I just wish I figured out his true identity before I fell for his best friend…”
- Holly Freakin’ Hughes by Kelsey Kingsley
- Striker’s Waltz (Seattle Sound Series Book 6) by Alexa Padgett
- Rule Breaker (Black Ops: Project R.O.O.T Book 1) by TL Reeve and Michele Ryan
- Alive Day (The Homefront Trilogy Book 2) by Rebecca Crowley
- Links by Lisa Becker <— PRO GOLFER HEARTTHROB USED TO BULLY HER IN HIGHSCHOOL ALERT!! “…Fifteen years later, Charlotte and Garrett have a chance encounter at a Los Angeles restaurant. However, this time around, Charlotte has leveled the playing field. She’s a bestselling novelist and no longer “Glasses,” the humiliating nickname Garrett gave her…“
- Record of Wrongs (Redemption County Book 1) by Sharon Kay
- Point Blank (Deadly Intent Book 4) by Cheyenne McCray
- Hunt for Evil (ICE Book 1) by Amy Jarecki
- A Perfect Man (Perfect Books Book 1) by Cecilia Dominic
- Hidden in the Dark (Harper Flagg Book 1) by Alyson Larrabee <— HE’S AN EVIL PSYCHOPATH MURDERER & NOW HE’S STALKING HER. BUT SHE’S READY FOR HIM… “He’s brilliant, invisible, and his current obsession is high school golden girl, Harper Flagg. Sixteen years ago he murdered her mother and now he’s stalking her...”
- Saving Mr. Perfect (Penelope Blue Book 2) by Tamara Morgan
- The Passion Project (The Escort Book 4) by Kristen Strassel
- The Transporter (Hudson Kings) by Liz Maverick
- Starving Love (The Insatiable Series Book 2) by Amy Lynn
- Under Fire: A Love Over Duty Novel by Scarlett Cole
- Just Another Sidekick (The Another Series Book 2) by Tara Lynn Thompson
- What Was Rescued by Jane Bailey <— HISTORICAL ALERT! FOUR CHILDREN MEET ON A SHIP TO CANADA… “…disaster strikes mid-Atlantic, and in the chaos one of the children makes a choice that will determine the course of their lives forever. As the years pass and the survivors become adults—forging their futures and falling in love—they are still haunted by the events of that night at sea. It’s not just what was lost that darkens their lives: what was rescued casts a long shadow, too. One of them has a terrible secret that they thought sank with the ship…”
- Entombed (Mortuary Book 1) by Cherry Shephard <— HE LOST THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE… and lost himself too. “…Gabe is dead, and in his place stands the Angel of Death. The avenging darkness that sweeps in like a silent shadow, preying on those who wronged him. I am the darkness. I am your demise. I am Gabriel Montego. And I will have my revenge...”
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- Beneath The Truth by Meghan March – August 8th 2017
- Bad Deeds (Dirty Money) by Lisa Renee Jones – August 8th 2017
- Blade: A Bayou Heat Novella by Alexandra Ivy – August 8th 2017
- Any Dream Will Do: A Novel by Debbie Macomber – August 8th 2017
- The Wright Mistake by K.A. Linde – August 8th 2017
- Blade: A Bayou Heat Novella by Alexandra Ivy & Laura Wright – August 8th 2017
- The Flirtation (The Submissive Series Book 10) by Tara Sue Me – August 8th 2017
- The Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas – August 8th 2017
- Run to You by Jessica Lemmon – August 8th 2017
- Wicked Wish (The Wicked Horse Vegas Book 2) by Sawyer Bennett – August 11th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).