The ULTIMATE NEW RELEASE LIST IS HERE!!! Eeeeeeeeep!! This is turning out to be one of the best book-weeks ever! It may not be the biggest, but it is SO LOADED IN HEAVY HITTERS I can’t catch my breath!!!!! I mean, not only are the new books intense (and by our favorites) but even the reader recommendations sound mind-blowing. We have plenty of choices today, and while we may be ping-ponging trying to choose one, we can’t go wrong!!
My blurb jolts? That one up there to the left, EASILY!!! The Smallest Part by Amy Harmon!!! (she and her best friend were both in live with him and then… “with that lie, she lost him. With that lie, she sealed her fate. She was the best friend, the bridesmaid, the godmother, the glue…), The True Story of Atticus and Hazel (it’s in the reader recommendations section and Amy lost her mind over it!!!! MINE!!!), Lake + Manning (Something in the Way Book 4) (the forbidden love series is now complete!!), Rough Ride: A Chaos Novella (KRISTEN ASHLEY!!! She betrays her biker boyfriend and he delivers her to the enemy), In Harmony by Emma Scott <— YES PLEASE!!! The rich girl and the boy from the wrong side of the tracks), The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz (TIFFANY REISZ!!! She’s living with the perfect new family in the most perfect house and life… and then she’s taken…) oh and the one I’m reading now (and loving!!) – Allegedly (it’s also in the recommendations section… a psych thriller with a twist!! YAY ME!!!) :D!!!!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s awesome surprises! ➔ Monday Earlybird Book Releases :D!!!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Finding My Forever: Beaumont, Book 3 by Heidi McLaughlin
- Surprise Me: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella
- Dirty Talk by Lauren Landish
- Ace of Spades: Aces & Eights, Book 3 by Sandra Owens
- On a Tuesday by Whitney G.
- Midnight Valentine by J.T. Geissinger
- Unraveled by Helen Hardt
- The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz
- Gentleman Nine by Penelope Ward <— NEXT WEEK!!!
- One Last Time by Corrine Michaels <— NEXT WEEK!!!
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.)
- Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson <— YOU GUYS!!!! One of Tasha’s favorites from her best of 2017 list (“Allegedly”) is super-bargain priced right now. I posted it up and I’ve been DYING to read it. I one-clicked it SO HARD!!!! YAY!!!!!! !!!! AMY!!!!!!! AMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!! R!!! ELA!!! NAY!!! KOOLOOOOOO!!! EVERYONEEEEE that likes crazy stories. Let’s read it. I’m starting tomorrow evening!!!
Tasha: Someone needs to read this book ASAP. (Amy, Maryse a I know you two will love this one!) SO, so good and completely pucked up. The writing was exceptional. The characters voices on point, the story will keep you on the edge of your seat, and your emotions will be put through the ringer. I couldn’t put it down, but I couldn’t handle reading straight through either. I wanted someone to hold my hand for sure, and I don’t think I’ve ever felt that way about a book before. It’s why I don’t watch scary movies anymore, it jacks my anxiety through the roof. Don’t read reviews, I did read the blurb and that was just enough, but don’t spoil it for yourself.
Maria: I definitely just one clicked!!! And I am SO nervous!
Kat: 1 clicked and going to read blind as well
Jean: Hmmmm…..Allegedly…..I think I need it!
- The Turning Point: A gripping love story, keep the tissues close… by Freya North <— MADE JAN CRY HARD!!
Jan: The last book that happened to me with was ages ago – The Turning Point. Now that one IS a death book, but I still loved it. What the hey? Not my usual fare. I remember trying to repress the loud sobs so my hubs and kids wouldn’t hear me. *sighs* That book was soooo damn gooooddd. Cathartic.
- Her Every Fear: A Novel by Peter Swanson <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! Cynthia has a couple of ’em for us!
Cynthia: Try “Her Every Fear” by Peter Swanson. Also a new one you shouldn’t miss, “Baby Teeth: A Novel” by Zoje Stage coming out this summer (2018). Little girls are supposed to love their mothers….sidenote: Here are the first ten chapters to read for free!
- The True Story of Atticus and Hazel by Fisher Amelie <— OMG AMY READ IT AND SHE’S LOSING HER MIND OVER IT!! And she’s my book-twin so you know if she loves it, I WILL LOVE IT!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeep!! This is turning out to be one of the best book-weeks ever!
Amy: Anyone have The True Story of Atticus and Hazel on their TBR? Well, you’re going to want to READ IT NOW. But don’t read reviews or spoilers first. Just…trust me on this. I was hooked by the blurb alone and didn’t read any reviews. There is no crazy twist, no *gasp* moment, but it is one of those where you need to go in without expectations or preconceived notions and just experience everything as it happens. There is angst but nothing over the top, just real life stuff most of us can understand, and I wouldn’t say miscommunication but rather the h reacting to things in a realistic way for her age (21) and her history. Even the reactions from his imperfectly perfect family were understandable if not difficult to digest at one point.Then the Olympic figure skating is on in the background and a pair are skating to Mariah Carey’s My All and it was beautiful and heartbreaking and I haven’t heard that song in YEARS and I just lost my sh!t. I’ll forever link that song with this book.
Yes, I’m gushing but it’s hard not to when you stay up until 2:00 in the morning and then can’t sleep because your nose is stuffed up from crying. And sobbing. Out. Loud.
No, neither the h nor H die. Just putting that out there even though I try NEVER to do so because spoilers and all. THAT is how much I want someone…anyone…to experience this book with me. Their pain and struggle is so raw and real that I blew snot bubbles. Gross, I know, but whatever. Sometimes life is gross.
- Live Me (Pieces of Broken Book 1) by Celeste Grande <— ANGST ALERT!! MELINDA IS LOVING IT!!
I am reading the best book someone rec on GR and have to tell you. IT IS FANTASTIC!!! The writing is fantastic. If you like angst this is the book. This is a poem from Live Me ( pieces of broken book 1) Wow, just wow and I’m only 48%…
- The Dark Calling (The Arcana Chronicles Book 6) by Kresley Cole <— KRESLEY. COLE! “When Evie receives life-changing—and possibly game-changing—news, she has trouble believing it. Why doesn’t she feel any different? Is it possible someone she trusts might be lying?”
- The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen Series Book 3) by Emily R. King <— “In the explosive third volume of The Hundredth Queen Series, the queen of fire faces off against a demon of ice. Despite the odds, Kalinda has survived it all: Marriage to a tyrant. Tournaments to the death. The forbidden power to rule fire. The icy touch of a demon…”
- Midnight Kiss: Tales of the Were (Were-Fey Love Story Book 3) by Bianca D’Arc
- Eternal Mourning (Talon Pack Book 7) by Carrie Ann Ryan
- Mating Games (Wolf Hollow Shifters, Book 2) by Nikki Jefford
- Threat of Raine: Book 2 in The Lynch Brothers Series by Heather Novak
- Revelations of the Aquarian Age by Barbara Hand Clow
- The Wonder of You (A Different Kind of Wonderland Book 1) by Harper Kincaid <— SHE WANTS TO STUDY HIM... “...Alice Leighton may have stopped chasing rabbits a long time ago, but that doesn’t mean she’s not up for some grown up adventures. What’s not part of her Alice 2.0 plan: losing her head – and heart – to the rugged and enigmatic Dare Grangeworth. Women go mad over him, but not Alice. No way. She may be curious, but she’s not stupid...”
- Devil’s Gold: A Black Rose Mystery (Black Rose Mystery Novella Book 1) by Amanda McKinney
- Lander (The Oberon Cycle Book 2) by J. Scott Coatsworth
- A Terrible Magic: a Paranormal Romance by Monica Corwin
- Twisted Fate by Jessi Elliott <— SHE WAS KIDNAPPED BY THE LEADER OF THE FAE WORLD… “Tristan, the overbearing, gorgeous Fae Leader, and an admired businessman in the human world, is all kinds of dangerous. While he finds Aurora intriguing, her refusal to bend to his will keeps them locked in a constant power struggle. Entering into a deal is the only way to escape Tristan’s clutches, which only plunges Aurora deeper into the fae world…”
- So I Might Be a Vampire (Chasing the Sun Book 1) by Rodney V. Smith <— LOL!! This one looks like fun!! 😉 That cover makes me laugh. 😛 “...Everybody hopes that if they somehow get transformed into a vampire, they will instantly become some kind of superhero vampire out of the movies. Bad news guys: not gonna happen. More likely than not, you’re gonna be one of the poor clueless bastards hanging out on Thursday nights with Bob in his vampire support group…”
- The Smallest Part by Amy Harmon <— AMY HARMON ALERT!!!! THE TALE OF THE GIRL THAT DIDN’T GET THE GUY. OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE ULTIMATE HEARTACHE… “...Are you in love with Noah, Mercedes?” Cora asked. “I mean . . . I know you love him. You’ve been friends forever. We all have. But are you in love with him?” If it had been anyone else—anyone—Mercedes would have stuck out her chest, folded her skinny arms, and let her feelings be known. She would have claimed him. But it was Cora. Brave, beautiful, broken Cora, and Cora loved Noah too. So Mercedes lied. And with that lie, she lost him. With that lie, she sealed her fate. She was the best friend, the bridesmaid, the godmother, the glue…”
- Need You Now (Man of the Month Book 3) by J. Kenner
- It Happened One Night: Six Scandalous Novels
- Branded by Fire by Tina Leonard
- Spiders in the Grove (In The Company of Killers Book 7) by J.A. Redmerski <— J.A. REDMERSKI’S LATEST!!!! They’ve been captured and are being held… “…Izabel and Naeva find themselves right where they wanted to be in Mexico: captured and held in the slave compounds owned by the Ruiz family. But the two are soon separated and forced into very different—but equally dangerous—situations...”
- The Cocktail Bar by Isabella May
- More Than Love You (More Than Words Book 3) by Shayla Black <— SHAYLA BLACK ALERT!! FOOTBALL STAR IS OVERCOMING A SCANDAL… “…Three months—that’s how long it should take for us both to scratch this itch and leave our respective scandals behind. But the more I know this woman, the less I can picture my life without her…”
- Poison Kisses Part 2 by Lisa Renee Jones
- Kiss Me, Sweetheart (Something Borrowed) by Codi Gary
- Deception So Dark by Clara Kensie
- Lake + Manning (Something in the Way Book 4) by Jessica Hawkins <— FORBIDDEN LOVE SAGA CONCLUSION!! “The final book in the Something in the Way series, a love saga.” …”A life of laughter carved out of heartache and betrayal.”
- Unraveled (The Steel Brothers Saga Book 9) by Helen Hardt
- Unguarded (One Fairy Tale Wedding Book 1) by Noelle Adams
- On A Rainy Night in Georgia (Modern Mail Order Bride Book 5) by Olivia Gaines
- Love and Protect: a small town romantic suspense novel (Heroes of Evers, TX Book 1) by Lori Ryan
- Promise and Protect: a small town romantic suspense novel (Heroes of Evers, TX Book 2) by Lori Ryan
- Serve and Protect: a small town romantic suspense novel (Heroes of Evers, TX Book 3) by Lori Ryan
- Desire and Protect: a small town romantic suspense novel (Heroes of Evers, TX Book 5) by Lori Ryan
- Cherish and Protect: a small town romantic suspense novel (Heroes of Evers, TX Book 6) by Lori Ryan
- Cruz (Diablo’s Throne MMA) by H.J. Bellus
- In Harmony by Emma Scott <— EMMA SCOTT ALERT!!! NEED I SAY MORE? Well I have more, ’cause some in our crew have just finished it!
Lisa: Good morning, lovelies! I just finished In Harmony…and it was amazing! Dare I say my favorite Emma Scott book to date?? Yeah, that’s something given you all know I love me some Noah from Rush…and there’s Full Tilt/All In which I STILL am not over! But Isaac…OMG, that beautiful sweet boy. I love him. How Emma Scott takes Hamlet and weaves it seamlessly into a tale that is relevant today…that’s just magical!!!
Leslie: …I too can’t wait for In Harmony. *rubs hands together in anticipation*
- The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz <— TIFFANY REISZ ALERT!!! “They called themselves “the lucky ones” They were seven children either orphaned or abandoned by their parents and chosen by legendary philanthropist and brain surgeon Dr. Vincent Capello to live in The Dragon, his almost magical beach house on the Oregon Coast. Allison was the youngest of the lucky ones living an idyllic life with her newfound family…until the night she almost died, and was then whisked away from the house and her adopted family forever…“
- Safe in His Storm (The Perfect Storm Duet Book 1) by Annalise Delaney
- Focus on Love by Candee Fick
- Forever and One Day by Jacqueline Simon Gunn
- Firestorm (Island Fire Book 4) by Amy Knupp
- Rough Ride: A Chaos Novella by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY BIKER BOOK ALERT!! “…Informing to Chaos on their rival club—her man’s club, Bounty—Rosalie knows the stakes. And she pays them when her man, who she was hoping to scare straight, finds out she’s betrayed him and he delivers her to his brothers to mete out their form of justice...”
- Hot and Bothered (Jupiter Point Book 7) by Jennifer Bernard
- One More Round (The McLaughlins Book 1) by Shelli Stevens
- All My Love (NOLA’s Own Book 5) by Kelli Jean
- Reviving Kendall (White Trash Trilogy Book 1) by Brandy Slaven
- Beware the Beast (Mafia Soldiers Book 2) by Samantha Cade
- Forbidden Attraction: A Bachelor of Shell Cove/Fiery Fairytales Crossover Novella (Forbidden Series Book 2) by Siera London
- On His Knees (Blasphemy) by Laura Kaye <— LAURA KAYE M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! “Another failed relationship has lawyer Jamie Fielding confronting the truth—he’ll never be satisfied with any woman until he admits what he needs…to submit and to be used—hard. When a friend invites him to the exclusive Blasphemy club, Jamie is stunned to find everything he ever wanted—in the fierce, ruthless hands of a man...”
- Smoldering Flame (Rekindled Flame Book 3) by Andrew Grey <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Broken Heartstrings by CC Dragon <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Dealing Double (A Heartbreaker Novel Book 2) by Tamra Baumann
- In the Stars (The Friessens Book 11) by Lorhainne Eckhart
- The Beginning After by Kiersten Modglin <— HER HUSBAND DIES & SHE FALLS FOR THE OFFICER ON THE CASE… “…As the police begin digging into the mysterious death, they uncover secrets her husband had spent years trying to keep buried. The people Peighton believed she could count on, and the ones she needs more than ever, begin to turn on her, leaving Peighton to pick up the remaining pieces of her life alone...”
- Tell Me a Lie (Madigan River Book 1) by Jannie Lund
- Axe: A Steel Paragons MC Novel by Eve R. Hart
- Surprise Me: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella <— SOPHIE KINSELLA ALERT!!! MARITAL PANIC… “After ten years together, Sylvie and Dan have a comfortable home, fulfilling jobs, and beautiful twin girls, and they communicate so seamlessly they finish each other’s sentences. They have a happy marriage and believe they know everything there is to know about each other. Until it’s casually mentioned to them that they could be together for another sixty-eight years . . . and panic sets in…”
- Smoldering Heart: Fleming Brothers Book 1 by Jennifer Vester
- Betrayal (Secrets, Lies, and Deception Book 2) by Heather Walsh
- Good Girls and Bad Boys (The Complete Series) by Stacy-Deanne
- Grace Between Mercy by S. Ferguson <— KILLER MEETS KILLER… “…Kella is a hunter. It was the only way to survive on the streets—and it feels good. She’s never met a threat she couldn’t handle. Never stalked prey she couldn’t destroy. And then she met the big, bad Ron Wolfe. He rules all the darkest corners of this city. And he doesn’t have any soft spots left for little girls...”
- Guarding Her Heart (Renegade Love Bodyguard Novel Book 1) by Jade Webb
- Strike Zone (In the Zone Book 1) by Michele Shriver
- Shot on Gold (A Play-by-Play Novel) by Jaci Burton <— OLYMPIC HOCKEY STAR & THE FIGURE SKATER ALERT!!! “...Will “Mad Dog” Madigan is making his second trip to the Winter Games, and he couldn’t be happier. Hockey is his life and playing for the U.S. team is a privilege. Then he meets U.S. figure skater Amber Sloane. She’s beautiful, ambitious and driven–everything Will desires in a woman. He would love to show Amber how hot life off the ice can be…”
- Break the Line by Allison Mullinax
- Fierce – Brody (The Fierce Five Series Book 1) by Natalie Ann
- Rory: A Stepbrother Romance (Coded For Love Book 1) by Saskia Walker
- Poison in Pumps by Karen Anne <— ROCKER BOYFRIEND GETS A DEAL OVERSEAS… “...When David lands a record deal, Kristen could not be prouder. There’s only one problem: The deal is not in New York. It’s in London. With this startling discovery, Kristen soon realizes even the best laid plans can easily unravel. Faced with an ocean between them, an overbearing assistant, and a sexy songwriter who seems to desire more than a duet with David, Kristen feels the security of the life she knew slipping away…”
- Stage Kiss (Mountain Creek Drive Book 1) by M.F. Lorson
- Giving Up My Chance at Forever: Prequel (The Chance Series Book 4) by K.B. Andrews
- Bought by the Boss by Stacey Kennedy <— What’s better than one bad-boy boss? How about two? In a duet of naughty novellas, a charity date auction turns into all-out war when a pair of powerful corporate lawyers each buy the other’s assistant for a weekend of seduction
- Dangerous Moves (Dallas After Dark) by Karen Rock
- Princes of Avce Boxed Set by Victoria Pinder
- The Longer We Dwell: A Slow Burn College Romance (Billie Dixon Book 2) by D. L. Pitchford
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- Up in Smoke: A King Series Novel by T.M. Frazier – February 19th 2018
- Prince Charming by C.D. Reiss – February 20th 2018
- Secret Lucidity: A forbidden romance stand-alone by E.K. Blair – February 26th 2018
- Blood Type by K.A. Linde – February 27th 2018
- Baby Daddy by Kendall Ryan – February 27th 2018
- At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club) by Tara Sivec – February 27th 2018
- Charming Hannah (The Big Sky Series Book 1) by Kristen Proby – February 27th 2018
Good morning! What an awesome release day!
Please be thinking about my hubs this morning. We’re getting ready to go to the hospital for him to get some sort of injection in his spinal column to (hopefully) relieve the pain he’s been having since November from a pinched nerve. While he’s excited to feel better, he’s really nervous. And he can’t have any coffee (I think that’s the worst part! lol)
Oh Nay !!! I hope it works and he gets amazing relief!!!
Morning all and good luck to Mr. Nay. 😉 You know one of the worst things about being pregnant and nursing after was that I couldn’t have coffee. PURE. TORTURE.
*holds out mug for Maryse to fill with delicious mocha peppermint*
I am on cup #3 and excited for the shinies!! I will start In Harmony when I finish The Vixen and the Vet.
pours a copious amount of peppermint mocha into our coffee to liven our day. 😉
I’m only on one cup but boy is it a big full cup! LOL!
I just finished reading Lucy Score’s new book, The Worst Best Man which just came out last week. It is a laugh out loud, snort, cry, cannot put down, story! Thought I would pass it along if someone is looking for a mid-week laugh packed with a really wonderful “H” and “h.”
YAY thank you Caroline!!! I’ll add it to the Friday list. 😀
Oooh, and in the pre-orders:
E.K. Blair hot for teacher book?!? MINE!!!
New Tara Sivec series?!? Gimme gimme!!!
Shhhh don’t tell anyone. I just bought soooooooooo many books. In my defense, a few of them were already on my TBR, just not yet purchased…so truly, I sorta saved money, right? Can’t wait to dig into The Smallest Part…that quote “and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you”, just guts me! It sounds so beautifully angsty.
Prayers for you and your husband, Nay, that he finds some relief. I could use a couple prayers too – My husband goes into the hospital tomorrow for a “pre-op” operation to ensure that they robotic thingy they plan to use to remove his neck cancer will work on the 28th. And Friday, my 82 year old mother goes in for a hysterectomy due to cancer. It’s gonna be a tough month. Both will have to go through radiation and/or chemo. Like they couldn’t have tried to space that out…geesh!!! (I’m just kidding by the way…and being selfish!!!) Anyways, I shall be the one in the corner, losing herself in her books!!
I mean come on!!! How can anyone blame our one-click frenzy??? EVERY SINGLE ONE in my blurb jolt list I want badly!!!
Leslie, next chapter of Assassin’s Roomate is up! https://m.webtoons.com/en/romance/assassin-roommate/chapter-32/viewer?title_no=1050&episode_no=33
Good Morning!! SO many books to read. I need a read for a job career. Where is that?
I finally started using good reads to keep track of my books. I’d love if anyone would like to add me as a friend 🙂
Lisa & Nay, prayers for your family members. So scary. Books are our steadfast companions through hours of grueling waiting at hospitals, and I’m glad you can find some escape in them.
I finished my marathon reread of The Soul Mate trilogy, all 2 1/2 books. Now I want the third more than ever.
Going to check out the new release list & see what stands out!
Maryse, I’ve noticed that when I buy coffee mugs now, I buy BIG ones. That way I can have “two” cups and really get four! No peppermint creamer though.
*big hugs and extra coffee for Lisa*
Tasha *happy dance* I love that we have something else to look forward to every Tuesday! Heading to read it now.
Steph, that is awesome you are getting organized on Goodreads. I would absolutely just die without it. I will send you friend request. 🙂
Happy Galentine’s Day everybody.
Best to Nay and Lisa and your families!
This list is totalky out of control. So far, I’ve only 1-clicked In Harmony and The Smallest Part…. both go-to authors for me! (Oh and I bought Allegedly yesterday…haha). Trying to control my 1 clicker finger….. its going into spasms! Lol!
Leslie, I’ll be reading In Harmony too as soon as I finish Wait For It.
Steph, sending you friend request!
Hi Maryse, my paranormal novel releases today and somehow hasn’t made your list. Can you advise me?
Hi Rodney! It shows for some reason, as having been released in December (probably why I didn’t see it in today’s ebook releases), but I’m adding it now. 🙂
Also releasing today and only $0.99 (today only) is Spiders in the Grove by J.A. Redmerski. This is the 7th book of the In the Company of Killers series. Can’t wait to read!
OMG thank you An18! I missed it but I’m adding it now. 🙂
*rocks in the corner* must resist clicking….
Gah, whose stupid a** idea was it to do a book buy restriction anyway??? *kicks rocks* *pouts*
Great list as always, Maryse! Thank you for your time and dedication, we would be lost without you!
I read In Harmony, two thumbs way up. Just starting Gods & Monsters, which releases next week…so it isn’t like I have anything to be sad about, haha! *tosses glitter bomb”
*holds out heart shaped chocolates for Bev since she doesn’t like tackle hugs*
Lisa & Naynay big big hugs *squeeeeeze*
GREY soooooo lucky girlfriend! I’m so jelly
Steph I sent you a GR friend request too
MARYSE! I need to quit my job and just read I just one clicked 5 books from the list above Ahhhhhhhhhh
Thanks for the reply and clarification. Kindle setup is so unforgiving at times! Thanks!!
My pleasure Rodney!! 🙂
So glad the cover made you laugh! Nailed it!
I’m in a complete book whirlwind!! JA Redmerski snuck under my radar with the 7th In Company of Killers book…Spiders in the Grove! GAH!
Kristen Ashley, Amy Harmon, Tiffany Reisz ANNNNDD….I found I out I already bought Hazel and Atticus a few years ago! Yay me! So I will get on that Amy!
Lisa and Nay, I’m sending positive vibes your way!
Did I just read “kidnapped by leader of the Fae”??? Catnip! Must download sample STAT.
Kresley Cole’s The Dark Calling I believe also came out today
How did I miss KRESLEY!!!!! I’m adding it now!
Oh my…lots of prayers and good-luck vibes going out for Mr. Nay, Mr. Lisa, and Lisa’s momma. And *HUGS* for Nay and Lisa!
Holy moly…HOLY. MOLY!!!!!! What a LIST!!
Screw book bans today, I say clickity-click-click to your heart’s content. 😛
I already had In Harmony and The Smallest Part pop up in my library this morning (OMG I am soooo hoping TSP gives us what the other similar book didn’t…gah, I can’t remember the name of it right now though) but then I come here and BAM!!!! Talk about a bookgasm list!! The Lucky Ones, The Beginning After, Surprise Me, Poison in Pumps (*oomph!* the ANGST!), Twisted Fate, and Allegedly…all of them are MINE. 😀
Last comment then I have to get back to work…here’s another vote for The Turning Point with a HUGE ugly cry warning (seriously, it’s a doozy and will kick the sh!t out of your heart) but it’s beautiful and worth it.
And Atticus and Hazel…you guuuuuuyyyyys, read it! I’m still feeling feels from it days later. MARYSE MY BOOK-TWIN!!! I know, know, KNOW you will love it as well. 😀
Nay and Lisa hope all went well today and that it continues to go well for your hubbies and Mom. *hugs*
Jan, (saw your comment on a previous post) – I read Look The Part. I really liked it, but I LOVED the book before it, One. They are considered standalones, but Flint from LTP is in One. His best friend Cage is the MC in One.
So many one-clicks up there. Yes Amy!! I was thinking the same thing about TSP- so similar premise to another book I read and also can’t remember the name of. Ugh!
I feel your pain Grey. Have had quite a few expenses lately, so I’m trying to stick to KU book only. Although I do have an Amazon gift card.
I also have a NetGalley book to read. 🙂
Ooooooh Cheryl, what’d ya get from NetGalley? What’d ya get???
Now I’m going to have to dig through my read books until I find the one we are thinking of…
Amy- On the Line by Liz Lincoln. A NFL football star & his daughter’s nanny. I do love a sports romance. Fingers crossed it’s a good one!
So on my playlist Neil Young just came on with My My Hey Hey.
When I hear it my mind instantly goes to the season 3 (?) ending of Sons of Anarchy.
First that was honestly one of the best scenes of the show.
Second one of the best season enders I’ve ever seen. I rewatched a few times.
Third one of the best song/scenes match ups. Perfect.
Gah, now that Jax I loved, lol.
Makes me want to watch that scene again.
I think there are two books with similar premises- Unbreak My Heart and I’m still looking for the other one. I remember the two h’s were on a run and she noticed him first but he ended up asking her friend out.
Like we need to add anymore to today’s list but it’s Shayla Black peoples!
I have so many of her books from when I used to read the paper thingies that I would somehow manage to spill something on?….. fun I never do that to my iPad huh
Anyway she has a new one out called More Than Love You
And yes – one clicked it tooo
Why do we need sleep it wastes so much good reading time!
Dark Calling… *SQUEEEEE* And the inactive card will finally be REVEALED!!! *starts dancing* Yet… I’m reading a CR. Kylie Scott’s Dirty. I just binged on a series that I was utterly consumed by, Deep in Your Veins series by Suzanne Wright. Sooooooo much better than expected. I was looking for something fun to laugh and enjoy and instead I got something with extreme substance that had me rooting for the characters and grinning HUGE in the end. I still have the two secondary character’s books to read, but those first three… SO GOOD.
Amyyyy, but… Lent! Gah, I think I’m giving up buying books for Lent too… what am I thinking??!?! *cries* So instead of the book buying ban being over at the end of February…. now I will have to wait until Lent is over. I can only use my Kindle Unlimited. I have to curb some of my frivolous spending… because we have some HEAVY purchasing going on in our house… gah! I may just spend the next little while in the blankie fort… hiding.
Lisa and Nay… please add my love and hugs to the puppy pile. I am sending all of my prayers and positive thoughts to you girls…and your families as well, obviously, but… know that we are here for you!
YES Cheryl! That’s the one…Unbreak My Heart. I remember there not being enough backstory given to make us understand why the h was so enamored with the H, and I had a hard time liking him.
bev…was that the huge switcheroo episode, the season finale? SUCH a great episode. I loved that show, and funny enough I finally watched it after being urged to do so on here. Remember Charlie Hunnam and Jimmy Smits breaking down together? GAH!!!
Grey…GREY!!! Did you choose to give up book buying for Lent? Because I’m feeling just awful right now over encouraging you to toss your ban out the window… *cringes*
*covers ears to block the thunder of insane one-clicking going on* Ladies, have a bit of decorum! Just go easy on those clickin’ fingers. Don’t want any broken fingers now. Although *blushes* I may have been going a bit mad on my book buying lately. *remonstrates with self* OK. I’m gonna TRY really hard not to buy too many new books for the rest of the month, except for the ones I’ve already pre-ordered heh heh. Can’t make any promises though. 😀
Yep bev, it’s galentines day. I used to send my hubs secret lovey-dovey cards that he got on the day at his workplace. What happened to that romantic gesture? Sheesh. haven’t done that in quite a while….. hmmmmm.
*hugs Nay and Lisa* Hope everything goes well for your families.
Being paid to read would be fantastic as I’ve already read 24 books this year. I have 10 checked out, maybe 7 via KU… but the worst part is I just looked for Dark Calling and the library does not have it. What?! How could you do this to me?! It’s 10pm, what’s open that possibly has this book?? Ebook? Nah, this is a series worthy of buying the actual books. Sadly, books are now like cds for me, buying only the ones I need to have physical copies of, because you know, lack of space. *sigh*
Jan! Jan! Jan!
Send him text today if quotes from romance books. Be serious about see what he does. Please!!
I could use the laugh.
Didn’t Amy do that one year? Send her hubby quotes from books…*giggle* I wonder how long it would take all of the collective group’s significant others to pick up on it.
It’s no big deal, Amy, dont feel bad… I just need to behave myself, 😆 I cant buy more books when I have a massive TBR pile and a perfectly good KU subscription…right?… Right.
*tosses hearts and flowers and chocolates and candy* and (gah I’m tired…taking a break) OK *tossing glitter and confetti* hope all of you have a marvelous Valentine’s Day! What’s on the agenda?
Do it Grey. Do one from one of your bully books.
Please. But make it seem real.
Jody! Yeah, another fan of the Arcane series. I agree. I’d love a set of signed copies. The series is just that good. I still would keep an ebook, though. I don’t want to ruin the pretty book. 🙂
Grey, Elite by Rachael Van Dyken is a BULLY BOOK! Just saying.
Bev, reading those quotes just makes me want to read the book again. Honest truth, that’s the best bully book ever. It has so much heart. *sighs* And that first quote just says everything about what makes the book great.
OMG…Ladies! Lisa and Nay prayers!
Sooooo ELALOOOO are we going follow our queen book bee to the dark & disturbing tale Allegedly???
I’m already in the middle of another D&D (dark/disturbing) called CAPTIVE by MV Kasi – the coolest part is that it’s set in India!!!
But I think I’m buttering the assuredly beautiful names of all the characters and somehow they never get them to sound the same twice in my head *shrugs*
I don’t see why not???
“Are you mine?” Just sent…
OH AND F*CK THE 14TH OF FEBRUARY
I LOVE YOU GIRLS EVERY DAY
The history of V-Day in under 3 min…
“You’re mine and I’m yours…”
“Only ever you…” He just texted me, are you drinking at work? Hahaha nice…
Lol Keep us informed.
I thought I typed this earlier prayers Lisa and Nay. That stuff is never easy.
Okay, I, who watches very little TV, found a gem on Netflix. The anime Castlevania! I spent my teen years killing vampires with that game, and now, an anime? Yeah!!! It was my favorite NES game and I loved how as you’d advance, more story was told. It was my first story based game that really was good. Mario brought was just, princess stolen, find her! This was a full story with emotion and backstop. I’m so happy! 🙂
That’s funny, Grey.
That made me laugh.
Ooooo Tessa that does sound good!
Still waiting for my Butter Beer tea to get in my belly
I mean get here – watched Austin Powers last night 😉
I have finally finished a freakin book!! *pats back* lol. And it was fantastic! I loved A Man Called Ove, I 5 starred it even, it made my list for best of the year, but this one is so much more!! I think every one of you would love it just as much. I kind of sort of went in blind Bc I didn’t remember anything from the blurb except it was about hockey, Fredrik Backman wrote it and it’s been on plenty must read lists. OMG is it ever a must read!!! It’s about so much more than hockey. It started off a little slow, but not enough to not keep me intrigued. And there are a lot of characters to get to know, but maybe 40% or so, you really start to get to the big part of this story and it gives you so many feels. From the small town community to the hardships the people face, the strength of the hockey club and team loyalty, the screwed up relationships, but yet their strong bonds and love, the anger and outrage you feel at the big conflict, and even the adrenaline the big games make you feel…so good! I’m still super peeved at the injustice of some things, but awesome read.
Haha. You guys make me laugh. It was vals day yesterday here so Ive missed the boat now. But your suggestion was fun bev and I might try that next time if I remember. I can imagine your husband’s face, Grey. WTAH?????
Hubs and I watched a gripping movie length Spooks on netflix last night. See we did do something together on vals day! That old British spy tv series but this was a movie made in 2015 or 2016. It was SUPER GRIPPING snd really good. Kooloo – might be your cup of tea if you can deal with all the Britishness. Can’t remember the name of the movie LOL forgotten it already but if you search for spooks. Doesn’t matter if you didn’t watch the series – I think you’ll get the gist.
Happy Valentine’s Day my lovelies! I’m alone again (naturally…*snort* sorry, that was corny :P) on V-day with hubby being gone, but at least I can come here and feel like I’m “hanging out” with people special to me. 😀
Cheryl, if you pop in…one thing I forgot to mention to you about Atticus and Hazel (because I’ve been thinking about that book obsessively today AGAIN) is that being a nurse, you will probably get pretty annoyed with the obvious lack of medical research done at one point. It’s not major, just a little annoying BUT easily overlooked in the scope of everything else going on at that point. Just wanted to point it out to you though. 😉
Ok Spooks and The Brits *runs over to Netflix*
Happy Valentine’s Day!!! I was pleasantly surprised when my hubby gave me the [email protected] off I’m reading socks!! 🙂 Guess I can’t wear them to work though. Lol.
Amy, thanks for the info. Usually when that happens I try to just skim thru it so I’m not dwelling on it too much and it ends up taking away from the story.
Cheryl, you got the same socks as me??? *valentine glitter bomb*
Amy, when hubs is gone is it all secret stuff or do you know where he is & return dates? You are a tough cookie being able to withstand that. *special valentine squeeze so you won’t feel lonely*
*Jumps on Valentine squeeze to Amy, along with chocolates and chocolate martini*
*jumps onto puppy pile, attempting to drink chocolate martini at same time* This is gonna get messy.
*puppy piles on Amy and hands over https://mixthatdrink.com/soft-love/ to drink* Doesn’t that drink look pretty? Also, extra love for making me read Bad Romeo. I still haven’t stopped thinking of that book.
Oooh, this is prettier! https://mixthatdrink.com/the-creamy-chocolate-raspberry/ Also, raspberry and chocolate. 🙂
Oh Tessa, pass me a glass of that raspberry & choc one! Yum!
Darn… I’m too late (or early 😉 ) for the raspberry chocolate martini fun y’all were having yesterday.
*hands over a glass* I seriously want one. No allergies and well, it’s pretty and yummy!
Can I have one if those? My flight’s been delayed 3 hrs (so far). Looks like I’m spending Valentine’s Day in the Phoenix airport. But…books!
Catching up from earlier. Thinking of you Nay and Lisa! XOXO.
People watch, R. It’s my fave thing to do in an airport.
Well because I spilled my chocolate martini, I’d better have one of those choc-raspberry ones. Yum!
Yeah, R, who cares about being stuck in an airport. Because, books. 😀
*hands one to Robin* Ugh, that’s horrible. And I can see wanting to get home after being gone so long. Then again, I start getting restless.
There’s wine too so I really can’t complain!
HR book sale alert: Lisa Kleypas’ beautiful HR, (and her most recent), Devil In Spring, is on sale on kindle at the moment for less than $2. This was my fav HR read of 2017, and that’s sayin’ sumthin’, cos I read a LOT of them LOL. A sweetly naive young woman who has led a sheltered life till now, and how she falls in love with a more experienced but loving, sexy and tender man who thought he wasn’t ready for actual true love. But he can’t stop himself from falling……and once he’s in, he’s all in! *happy sigh*
A new Kleypas is out on Feb 27th. Hello Stranger, about a pioneering woman doctor and her romance with a spy. Oooh! CAN’T WAIT!! *squeeeeeeeee*
Sooooo just finished ALLEGEDLY and TASHA you were soooo right about not being able to put it down! Have to admit there were many times I just wanted to skip to the end to see where this cray cray dark ride would FINALLY END ALREADY
BUT the writing yes the writing was just too good to cheat one out like that…
So I didn’t
And was left with…
‘Ok so that just happened’
Hey I just noticed Maryse has been MIA like all of V-Day
she must be keeping busy doing other thingsss on this day of lurv
* 😉 😉 nudge nudge*
No I was reading my heart out. And it’s not even a love story!! *snort* Also eating chocolate that my BFF sent me in the mail. YAY CHOCOLATE!!! 😉
Awwwwww you guys are the bestest!! Valentine’s hugs, a puppy pile, chocolates, and all kinds of martinis and cocktails…you guys know what I need!! 😀 I luffs you all!
Leslie…most of the time I know when he’s coming back and a general area (country) of where he is but nothing specific. He would tell me if I asked, but it’s better for him if I don’t, ya know? *shrug* It’s the only life we know after all these years.
Tessa! I saved the drink recipes and I’m going to indulge with them this weekend! And I am SO glad you liked Bad Romeo. Did you read Broken Juliet yet? It’s a perfect conclusion to their story, even though it’s not a smooth road getting there. 😉
Tessa! Sorry for the long delay… but you know, work, paint nite..
I read pretty fast in general. I don’t know what it is about the series but I feel like I’m reading twice as fast. I also made the mistake of reading the sample last night. Now I *really* want that book!
Now back to reading the books that are about expire… It never fails all my holds seem to arrive at the same time no matter where I am on all the lists.
So, I managed to finish Solitude of Passion (OMG the angst!!!) and The Silver Cage (I’m still all stabby about it – but it was so fantastic!!!!) and I’m 33% through with The Smallest Part. My Kindle is truly my bestest friend and never lets me down!
Missed all the fun last night (and drinks)! Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine’s Day! *hugs to Amy*
Kooloo, how the heck did you finish Allegedly already?
Lisa, how are you liking The Smallest Part?
Deciding what to read next….my choices are endless! In Harmony, The Smallest Part, Allegedly, One, Midnight Valentine, Seek, Midnight Blue, Half Blood, etc, etc, etc……
Ahh!! An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir is on sale for 2.99 from 9.99!!! I bought this one this year at full price, have read halfway through and it’s a 5 star for sure (I skipped to the end cuz I had no time to keep going and I HAD to know what was gonna happen, lol). I will finish soon. There’s another after and I think the third will be coming out. Up there with Sarah J Maas for me. 🙂
Tasha, I’ve had that book since 2016 and still haven’t read it!
Jean – I am loving The Smallest Part so far. It is a touch of paranormal I guess you’d say (although I don’t really think of it that way), a harkening to The Law of Moses (which I haven’t read), and it’s just so perfectly Amy Harmon all the way!!!
And I swear Kooloo eats books instead of reads them. I always thought Paula was fast (and she is), but Kooloo must be a reading savant!! Wait – is savant a good thing or did I just insult her? I meant she’s amazing!!
DITTO Tasha & Jean and I even bought the audiobook of EITA thinking that would help get me start BUT not lol
R!!!!! ARE YOU HOME SAFE AND SOUND YET???
Jean, HALF BLOOD!
*hands Maryse a chocolate raspberry martini* It’s after 5 in India. Go for it.
Amy, I saved the chocolate raspberry one. The other looked pretty but I can’t drink it due to the grenadine.
Jody, I sympathize. I get holds all at once too. Right now, I only have one I’m waiting for, but usually, it’s three or four at once. And you are reading twice as fast because it sucks you in! I re-read the last one recently and I felt like no time had passed. I only stopped for irl (darn real life!) and to read certain character aspects in Day One, specifically the emperor.
Lisa, I LOVED The Law of Moses and Song of David…. still remember them so clearly….. highly recommend!
I wish I could speed read……
What?!! Now is the perfect time to jump in then! I guess there are 3 books out and the 4th is out in 2019. The 3rd though is Helene’s book. Ooh the Commandant is so scary and I think the Masks are totally creepy. The world is cool, the different perspectives from main characters, all the action…very bada$$! 😉
I finished the Smallest Part already and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! You get to see Moses again! Amy Harmon has an amazing way of sucking in so bad you get no sleep because you have to know what happened and go to work like a zombie the next day. Today I’m a zombie. I loved the book! Totally worth it! Next is Rough Ride for me!
I love being a book zombie!! Thank you for the recommendation, Jen. I shall post it on the Friday Finds. 😀
Thanks for the feedback Jen!
I am! Thanks Kooloo! Got home about 3:30am to flowers and chocolate!
FLT: “Agh!” Shane Vaughn slammed the copy of Rolling Stone on her desk, nearly spilling her coffee all over the pristine white desktop. — Beyond the Masks by Nicky F. Grant
“Tell me a story.”
In Harmony by Emma Scott
YAY JEN ZOMBIES ROCK!!!
AND BOOK ZOMBIES ROCK HARDER!!!!
Flowers AND Chocolates R!!!!!
………. ‘Le Sigh’
He missed me! He doesn’t do so well when I’m out of town. It’s making me rethink RT. I might do Love in Vegas instead since it’s shorter and further away!
I’m not afraid of monsters. ~ Gods & Monsters by Saffron A. Lent.
I need a chocolate and raspberry martins!
How about martinis dang it… My autocorrect apparently doesn’t condone day drinking…
My years of torment ended with a dark gasp; my first taste of freedom tainted by the stench of rat s*** and stale urine.
Dark Glitter by CM Stunich and Tate James
It’s an insane book, but it has me intrigued. 🙂 Biggest problem, though? Too much steamy time. It’s interfering with advancing the story.
Pastor Joe drones on about God’s plan.
My Torin by K. Webster
After several days of no reading, I finally get to pick my book back up tonight!
“Hazel, don’t look.” Immediately, I whipped my head around. “What?”
– The True Story of Atticus and Hazel.
Sniffle sniffle. Love the dialogue. Love the names. Yes, Amy, I decided to dive right in.
*tackles Jean and shoves Half-Blood in her hands* There ya go, THAT is what you’re reading. 😛
*GASP* I’m THRILLED MichelleS!!!! You have to keep me updated as you read it. The dialogue IS fantastic. And the way they were frequently using the other one’s name when speaking was endearing when usually it annoys me. GAH!! I’m tearing up thinking about their story…
Leslie- I have the same socks and am reading the same book!! 🙂
“Tell me a story.” In Harmony by Emma Scott.
“Here he comes. My very own Prince F*cking Charming, Cal Scott.” ~ If I Break by Portia Moore
Needs an editor badly but I’m sticking it out…for now. We’ll see how long I last with this one before I DNF it.
The sun’s barely past the yard-arm, so no cocktails for me just yet, even virtual ones. *takes deep sip of yummy hot chocolate*
FLT: The end of her own particular world arrived early on a Tuesday morning, wrapped in brown paper and twine, sealed with a blob of red wax.
From Rogue Spy by Joanna Bourne. Historical romance with a spy trope, set around the period of the French Revolution. I’ve read a couple of others in this series and really liked them. I thought I didn’t like spy-themed HRs, but, turns out, I do. Who knew? So far so good with this one 😀
*idly reaches for peanut butter cookie to munch with hot choccie*
FLT: She smelled like mothballs and death. (Half-Blood by J Armentrout)
Yep, I’m going for it!
Hey, do I have to read Daimon first you guys?
No, you don’t. You can, and I did, but it’s not needed. It just tells you the backstory of what happened right before the story starts.
*steals a glitter bomb from Grey and sets it off*
*skips around and hugs unsuspecting friends* <——- except bev
*shakes bottle of champagne, pops the cork, and sprays everyone with it*
Every buy a book for the cover?
*faints besides Amy*
Kooloo, Kooloo, Kooloo. Tsk tsk tsk. Oh well, if the book gets boring, you can just stroke the cover LOL.
*licks sprayed champagne off self* Mmmmm. That’s nice.
Hey you guys!! The Friday Finds will be up this afternoon. 🙂
I’m a little behind today (was feeling under the weather the last couple of days) so I’ve got some work to do. 😉
Me and Cheryl are twinsies!! *fist bump*
Kooloo, so funny about that cover…I saw it and immediately had urge to stroke that man’s handsome face. *hubba hubba*
*giggles at self for being such a dork*
Maryse, you are allowed a sick day or many if you need them!!! Take your time and feel better. *passes Maryse extra big coffee with extra peppermint mocha*
Oh no Maryse babe
Take some echinacea tincture every couple of hours to boost your immune system
*grabs the big coffee mug from Maryse adds shot of echinacea hands it back*
Just now catching up on the messages since Tuesday. Thanks for the prayers for my hubby. Everything went great and it ended up being much ‘easier’ than we were led to believe. Of course, no one wants one one needle, much less two, jabbed in their vertebrae, but the procedure only took 5 minutes and they didn’t even knock him out like we thought they were going to. SO he could have had coffee! That was the worst part!
Lisa–all kinds of love and hugs and prayers for your husband and mother. I’m truly sorry that that horrid, nasty, evil disease, is affecting your life in double time. Please keep us posted!
*grabs Maryse’s mug*
*adds a shot of whiskey to the echinacea before handing it back*
*sprays Lysol around Maryse*
Feel better Maryse and take all the time you need! You deserve it!
Awww I missed the puppy pile and the cocktails on V-day. Darn it!
This is what hubby did for me for Valentine’s Day:
He walked in the door and I got excited because I knew my huge Russell Stover heart that I’d eat most of in one night would be in his hot little hands. So he walks over to me and says, “Hey honey. Happy Valentine’s Day. I’m sorry but I didn’t get you anything.”
Wa Wa Waaa
In his defense, we are going out to eat for V-day this weekend AND he tried to buy me candy twice when we were out, and I told him to wait and surprise me. Well, he certainly did that! lol!
Yes, Kooloo does eat books.
*sprays more Lysol and puts on surgical mask*
Allegedly is on sale for 1.99! 😀
Nay…so glad to hear your hubby is doing well. Enjoy your belated V-day dinner!
I’m halfway through it, Amy and it is EXCELLENT so far. I’m thrilled!
Maryse…halfway through Allegedly or Atticus and Hazel?