HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY!!!!! It’s a shorter list today, but still has lots of tempting books… in fact, that one there to the left (The Great Alone) gave me the ultimate blurb jolt. HOLY MOLY that one HAS to be mine. I can just imagine…
But that’s not the only blurb-jolty one. 😉 I also extra-like the sound of these… Shopping for Love (Renee Carlinos lates, and she’s falling for her client’s man!! OH OH!! Forbidenny!!!), From Lukov with Love (Mariana Zapata latest is back on the list because YES PLEASE!!!! And my fellow readers are LOVING it), OF COURSE The Great Alone: A Novel by Kristin Hannah (that blurb has my heart racing… he moves his family to Alaska live off the grid because he has PTSD as a new start, and he begins to unravel… oh boy, and now she and her mom are pretty much alone out there. YIKES!!! MINE!!!), Diesel: Satan’s Fury MC (she has an accident and ends up at this MC while they care for her), Bad Wolf (her neighbor is a bad guy, but she can’t resist him…), Sawyer Bennett’s latest (Reed – her new neighbor is a famous hockey star!! Eeeeeeep! Imagine??), How the Light Gets In (L.H. Cosway’s duet is now complete!!), Midnight Valentine (OMG another huge blurb-jolt, and I can’t even figure out the most intriguing part of the blurb to post… it’s ALL awesome-sounding… but anyway, she’s driving her husband, and years later as she tries to start over, she meets him, and he hates her immediately…) and OMG!!!! THIS ONE! Killing Hearts <— sounds like a creepy dark read. He’s coming for her once he gets out of prison, but it’s the blurb and cover that gave me chills… 😉
P.S. Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s awesome surprises! ➔ Monday Earlybird Book Releases :D!!!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
- The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers
- Prince Charming by C.D. Reiss
- Edge of Darkness: The Cincinnati Series, Book 4 by Karen Rose
- Who We Truly Are: Enhanced, Book 2 by Victoria Sue
- The Baby Maker by Lili Valente
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.)
- From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata <— MARIANA ZAPATA’S LATEST IS BACK ON THE LIST!!! I mean… OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!! 😉 I can’t wait to start!!!
Diana: Ladies, I can’t stress enough: if you like slow burns or the Olympics you need to read Mariana Zapata’s latest From Lukov With Love. He may be my favorite hero yet. Idk. Maybe. I was so inspired I watched pairs figure skating on YT last night while I was getting ready for bed.
Kandace: I just finished Mariana Zapata’s newest. It was beyond perfect. Gah! Now I don’t know what to read next. Her books always leave me with a hangover.
- Remnants by Lisa Tawn Bergren <— DYSTOPIAN TRILOGY ALERT!!! Laura found these!
Laura: The Remnants trilogy by Lisa Tawn Bergren is bargain priced on Amazon. I’ve wanted to read this series for awhile because it’s always highly recommended on those best dystopian fiction lists. I’m about 1/2 way into the first book and the world building is terrific. I definitely understand all the five star reviews and “best of” list recommendations. I’ve already one clicked books two and three.
- Ryan’s Bed by Tijan <— MY BOOK-TWIN AMY LOVED IT!!!
Finished Ryan’s Bed. And those last three words…oh, my heart. Poor Mac. But how incredible was Ryan? *swoony sigh* Now to choose my next read. I seem to be out of my slump and want to keep the momentum going!
- Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series Book 1) by Heidi McLaughlin <— BOOK TURNED MOVIE HIT!! Misty LOVES this movie!!
Misty: Hi Maryse. Go see Forever My Girl at the theatre. I felt just like I was reading a book from your blog!
Maryse: YAY Misty!!! I’m on it. Once upon a time, it WAS a book on my blog. LOL!!! I’m so happy for this author!
- The Man Within (Feline Breeds Book 2) by Lora Leigh
- Dark Strength (Refuge Book 3) by Cynthia Sax
- Sea Wolfe: Pirates of Britannia: Lords of the Sea Book 4) (Pirates of Brittania) by Kathryn Le Veque
- Making Waves (Lords of the Abyss Book 5) by Michelle M. Pillow
- Dead Reckoning (Cold Case Psychic Book 2) by Pandora Pine <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!
- Transcending Phoenix by C.L. Etta
- The Last Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves) by Maria Vale
- The Great Alone: A Novel by Kristin Hannah <— KRISTIN HANNAH’S LATEST!!!! OMG IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!! Her Veteran father is struggling with PTSD so he moves them all to Alaska to live off of the grid… “At first, Alaska seems to be the answer to their prayers. In a wild, remote corner of the state, they find a fiercely independent community of strong men and even stronger women. The long, sunlit days and the generosity of the locals make up for the Allbrights’ lack of preparation and dwindling resources.But as winter approaches and darkness descends on Alaska, Ernt’s fragile mental state deteriorates and the family begins to fracture. Soon the perils outside pale in comparison to threats from within. In their small cabin, covered in snow, blanketed in eighteen hours of night, Leni and her mother learn the terrible truth: they are on their own. In the wild, there is no one to save them but themselves…”
- Shopping for Love (BookShots Flames) by Renee Carlino <—- RENEE CARLINO ALERT!!! OOOOOOH FORBIDDENY!!! SHE’S FALLING IN LOVE WITH HER CLIENT’S BOYFRIEND… “...Personal stylist Hayden Fox loves her job. She hopes to help her newest client, sweet, pretty Caroline, find confidence and a new perspective with a total lifestyle change. And Hayden is all about solving other people’s problems–until she’s confronted with one of her own: She’s falling in love with her client’s boyfriend...”
- How to Date a Douchebag: The Coaching Hours <— SARA NEY’S LATEST IN THE DOUCHEBAG SERIES!!! It was on yesterday’s “earlybird list” but I thought I’d bring it back in case you missed it. 😉
- Accidents Happen: A Biggest Small Town Ever Novel by Kassie Ward
- Working Girl: Complete Novel by Shana Gray
- The Bastard’s Bargain (The O’Malleys) by Katee Robert
- Diesel: Satan’s Fury MC by L. Wilder <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! “…They were supposed to be vicious, cold-blooded killers, but after an accident that nearly took my life, they opened their doors to me, treating me with nothing but kindness. I was damaged, broken beyond repair, but one man, one tough-as-nails biker, saw past all my scars. With his sinful good looks and intoxicating, green eyes, he could turn the head of any woman, but for me, it was his heart that drew me in...”
- Killing Hearts: A Dark Romance by P. Brier <— DARK READ ALERT!! OMG LOOK AT THIS COVER!!!! KOOLOO found this new release and that is one creeeeeeepy cover and one creeeeeeeepy blurb!!!!! I’m with you, Amy. This one sounds INTENSE!!!! “…She destroyed me. She loved me, then she broke me. Now I will break her. After three years in prison Bane Stratus wants nothing more than to take down the woman who put him there. She is the devil. She is death. She is mine. She fooled me once. But not a second time. This time she is on my playground. She is in my house. One of us is going to make it out of here. It isn’t going to be her…”
- Bad Wolf: A Contemporary Bad Boy Next Door Standalone Romance by Jo Raven <— HER SEXY BAD-GUY NEIGHBOR ALERT!! “...he’s a bad guy, moving with a dangerous crowd. So why do I keep winding up in his arms? On his lap. In his bed. I know better than this—I’m better than this. I should stop. Only my heart tells me there’s good inside Jarett. That I could save him. Then again, what happens to gullible girls who climb into bed with the big bad wolf?“
- Love in the Spotlight (The Hollywood Showmance Chronicles Book 4) by Olivia Jaymes
- His Fantasy (HIS Series Book 8) by Sheila Kell
- Fostering Hope (Silver Lining Book 1) by Amanda Perry
- Poison Kisses Part 1 by Lisa Renee Jones <— LISA RENEE JONES ALERT!! “Amanda Skye made me want her. She made me trust her. She made me love her. Then she betrayed me. And now, a madman brings us together again and before our battle with him is over, I will make sure that she never forgets my name…”
- The Dog Walker by Erin Brady & Gina McBride
- Love Game (Love Games) by Maggie Wells
- Room for Two (The Breakfast in Bed Series) by Sydney Landon <— “From the New York Times bestselling author of Keeping It Hot comes the continuation of the sexy and humorous Breakfast in Bed series featuring handsome hotel moguls.”
- Devastate (Deliver Book 4) by Pam Godwin <—- PAM GODWIN ALERT!! Must be read in order…
- The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers
- Away From Me by Lexi Blake writing as Sophie Oak
- When I’m Tempted (A Promises of God Novel Book 3) by Kim Cash Tate
- Bobby Green (Johnnies Book 5) by Amy Lane <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Freedom Code (Sleeper SEALs Book 11) by Elaine Levine
- Boss Man by Victoria Quinn <— SHE’S THE ONE IN CONTROL NOW… “...I’m the one in control. No matter how much I hurt him, he asks for more. All I can think about is when my turns arrives. When I’m the one on my knees, wrists bound. Completely powerless to this man. Diesel Hunt…the most powerful man in the world…”
- The Cowboy’s Secret Bride (Turners vs Coopers Chance Creek Book 1) by Cora Seton
- How the Light Gets In (Cracks Book 2) b L.H. Cosway <— L.H. COSWAY’S PART TWO IS LIVE!!! THE DUET IS NOW COMPLETE!! ***How the Light Gets In is Book #2 and the concluding installment in L.H. Cosway’s Cracks duet.*** (P.S. Here’s book #1 – A Crack in Everything (Cracks Book 1) – if you missed it last week). 😀
- Rory’s Rose: A SEALs of Honor World Novel (Heroes for Hire Book 12) by Dale Mayer
- Survive the Night (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit) by Katie Ruggle
- The Color of Love (Blessings, Georgia) by Sharon Sala
- Craving the Cowboy: Christian Contemporary Romance (Grape Seed Falls Romance Book 2) by Liz Isaacson
- Born, Madly (Darkly, Madly Duet Book 2) by Trisha Wolfe
- Reed: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) by Sawyer Bennett <— SAWYER BENNETT ALERT!! HOCKEY STAR IS HER NEW NEIGHBOR… “…Josie Ives desperately needs something her celebrity neighbor obviously doesn’t: solitude. Reed is everything she imagined—a little too good-looking, with a body that puts Greek gods to shame. But she didn’t expect he would also be funny and charming. Josie knows she’s the opposite of his type, and that’s fine with her. Still, the chemistry between them is undeniable. Their newfound friendship certainly has its benefits, but she’s starting to wonder if opposites really do attract...”
- One More Promise (Shaughnessy Brothers: Band on the Run Book 2) by Samantha Chase
- High Treason (FBI Task Force Book 3) by DiAnn Mills
- Dare to Breathe (The Maxwell Series Book 6) by S.B. Alexander
- Ace of Spades (Aces & Eights Book 3) by Sandra Owens
- Midnight Valentine by J.T. Geissinger <— SHE’S GRIEVING THE LOVE OF HER LIFE… and years later, she tries to start over… “…Her first night there, she meets the town recluse, Theo. Withdrawn, guarded, and mysteriously silent since a terrible accident left him scarred, Theo takes an instant and inexplicable dislike to Megan. But as their paths cross again and again, Megan becomes convinced there’s more to Theo than meets the eye. When she discovers the reason for his silence, his nightmares, and especially his pointed dislike, Megan becomes convinced of something far more astonishing…”
- Marry Me in Good Hope (A Good Hope Novel Book 6) by Cindy Kirk
- Rogan (Men of Siege Book 1) by Bex Dane
- Edge of Darkness (The Cincinnati Series) by Karen Rose
- Minus (Burning Saints MC Book 1) by Jack Davenport <— THE EXILED BIKER & THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT ALERT!! “…Christina “Cricket” Wallace knows exactly what kind of life she wants, and it’s far from the chaos and mayhem of an outlaw motorcycle club. She’s worked hard to get where she is, and she won’t let anyone keep her from getting there…especially her over-protective biker brother, or the sexy as hell Club rival she thought she’d never see again…“
- Kill Shot: A Novel (White Knights) by Susan Sleeman
- Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis <— NOT ROMANCE BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL BE WONDERFUL... “...Each chapter of Girl, Wash Your Face begins with a specific lie Hollis once believed that left her feeling overwhelmed, unworthy, or ready to give up. As a working mother, a former foster parent, and a woman who has dealt with insecurities about her body and relationships, she speaks with the insight and kindness of a BFF, helping women unpack the limiting mind-sets that destroy their self-confidence and keep them from moving forward...”
- Dreaming in Chocolate: A Novel by Susan Bishop Crispell
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen – February 12th 2018
- The Smallest Part by Amy Harmon – February 13th 2018
- Lake + Manning (Something in the Way Book 4) by Jessica Hawkins – February 13th 2018
- In Harmony by Emma Scott – February 13th 2018
- The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz – February 13th 2018
- Rough Ride: A Chaos Novella by Kristen Ashley – February 13th 2018
Good morning! I love waking up to glitter!
It’s been a while… 😆 had to make sure my spot in first was secure… Now I can start the party in a big way. *confetti cannon* busy busy here, I’m proofing… So I’ll be a bit scarce, but love to all! Thanks, Maryse, for all your hard work…looks like another great list!!!
Good morning my friends!!! 😀
Glitter and coffee time!! Yep… I’m still drinking peppermint mocha coffee. LOL! I stocked up. 😉
Then in a couple of weeks, it will be back to my chocolate caramel coffee.
It is my pleasure my friend. If I didn’t make these lists, how could I organize all the new books? LOL!!!!! 😛
My OCD… 🙄
*holds out mug to Maryse*
Fill ‘er up baby!!!
I am going to try to start one of my challenge reads today. For some reason the last several days I just haven’t been into my reading. Gotta get my groove back.
Ooh, look what all is being released next Tuesday–I can’t wait!
In the meantime, I’m checking out Killing Hearts. Where does Kooloo find all of these books?
That’s ME baby the queen of DARK RO and ZOMBIE farts…
do queens fart *blink blink*
Of course queens fart, Kooloo…otherwise they’d explode!
Killings Heart – MINE MINE MINE
And Midnight Valentine added to the list because recluse and mute!!!
Excited for The Smallest Part and In Harmony to come out…I am sooo lining up for ARCs of those if I can get my grubby paws on them!
For any Discovery of Witches fans, a new book about Marcus, Time’s Convert, is up for pre-order and is coming out in September!
I decided last week when we were talking about it on GR that I was going to finish the series, so hopefully, this will give me the push I need!
Shadowsong by S. Jae Jones is out today! *throws glitter bomb* Though, the one I’m most looking forward to this month comes out next week: The Dark Calling by Kresley Cole. Eric… *swoons* The series is so intense, and you got your Cajun and your dark character, yeah. *TEAM ERIC*
I’m almost done with Her First Kiss by MJ Fields. It’s awesome. I’m loving every page of it. Friends since kids (8 and 12), he’s absolutely psycho about keeping her protected all their life. Also, I REALLY want to read the earlier books about the parents and probably stepbrother.
Thank you Tessa! I missed that one!
Marsye – Laura Kaye and Rachael Robinsin has new releases next week
Yessssss!! Thank you Theresa!!! I will look both of those up! 😀
Next Year in Havana also released today https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072BLV8Y9/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1517933020&sr=8-1 I think this will be like my “Valentine’s day” read. I’m still working on Beartown, I had to buy it Bc it’s so freakin good (also bc the library loan was about to run out) and I haven’t had as much time to read or do anything really Bc my stomach has been an a**hole lately. I’ve never had morning sickness before, and it shouldn’t even be starting now, but lord!!! I can’t wait until my next doc. appt. and I can get some answers.
You guys!!!! I finished Behind the Bars and Leslie was sooo right!! Amazing! You MUST read this book! It’s heartwrenching and beautiful and gah!!!! Just read it! Seriously!
OH WOW!!! I LOVE this big love for Behind the Bars. I haven’t read it yet, but I want to. I’m making it a great big highlight on the Friday Finds list. 🙂
Tasha, when is our blog baby due?
Ok, so Jean is gushing to me about how much she loved Behind the Bars and instead of squeeing what do I do? Bawl! Yup, cried like a baby remembering the emotions of that beautifully heartbreaking story. Jeesh! I need to get a grip.
And yes, everyone who likes the tearjerkers needs to read it.
Awww Leslie…. didn’t mean to make you cry again…. but I am in love with this book! I’ll be recommending it to everyone! It was just so well done and damn great!
I’m going to I swear…as soon as I get caught up on all my ARCs.
Amy, glad Ryan’s Bed got you out of your funk! Wasn’t it just great?!?! I hope you didn’t peek at the last 3 words! It would definitely lose its effect if you did!
Robin, you will love it. Its a rip your heart out type AND its about music.
Jean, it is that one quote from Elliot (that I wrote in my message to you) that is directly wired to my tear ducts. I just loved T.J. so much. I think I need to mail Ms. Cherry an invoice for tissues.
Same time as Prince Harry and Meghan Matkle’s wedding! Though, mine better come first, preferably a cpl weeks earlier. A couple more weeks and I’ll be in the 3rd trimester.
I need to know these mysterious last three words in Ryan’s bed. I want to read it but I just feel like being nosey.
That was supposed to say I won’t ever read it. Stupid phone!!! *grumbles*
The birth of our blog baby is waaaaaaaay more important than silly royal wedding!! 🙂
Haha, it is to me too. I just want him out earlier Bc this pregnancy has had me absolutely miserable the entire way through, save for a few blissful weeks. I’ve always delivered pretty well right on due date, but hoping this one will give me some sort of relief.
Awwww Leslie!!! A blog baby!!! I love it Tasha. I believe he will be our first baby (at least that we’ve known about) in this blog’s history.
Jean, are you going to the Eagles parade? My daughter’s school is off that day, still waiting to hear about mine.
Wouldn’t it be funny if we met up that day?! 😉
My next two books are going to be Behind the Bars and My Torin. I just have to figure out which order I’m going to read them in.
I finished Emma Scott’s “Forever Right Now” and I loved it – I’ll be reviewing tonight!!! Thank you guys for THAT awesome recommendation. Yep… I was finishing it last night and *ahem fell asleep early* while you guys were busy with sweet posts that warmed my heart!!!!!! I just saw all of your sweet comments now.
I swear… I’m the one that’s honored that you’re here. And that you share your favorites (of everything, book, makeup, shows… all of it), and your worries, and your daily lives, and your fun rituals. We’re family. 😀
Tasha–I so remember those days! I hope you have the baby closer to my birthday (4/30) so that you can get some relief a little early.
Babies are adorable and I am SO happy for you Tasha…but keep that stork on the East coast, m’kay? 😛
Today’s list is short but SWEET! A new Renee Carlino (and a touch forbiddeny…MINE), Kooloo’s intense find, a sequel to one I HAD to click (Cracks duet) and Midnight Valentine with that gorgeous cover…yay us!!
Maryse, you are the bestest. How you find time to find these books, look up the blurbs, and compile these lists is beyond me, but THANK YOU for doing this week after week. *hugs*
MARYSE babe____ I soooo want to DITTO Amy (thank you Amz) BUT I ALSO wish to
THANK YOU for sharing your life, your time, your thoughts and your wonderful humor with us through this blog day after day, year after year.
I look forward to your posts every morning – when I hit my browser refresh and see what’s new in Sexy-Times Book World but also how you are taking your coffee that day lol – it always make me smile 🙂
And I can’t wait to check in before bed to see what you are drinking now *wink wink nudge nudge* or what kind of new recipe with cottage cheese you’ve discovered or what new dark/scary show you found on Netflix!
The friends I’ve met on your site feel more like family now and the coolest part is that they are amazing women from all over the world, from different backgrounds and different ages = Unity in Diversity baby!!! AND what UNITES US IS YOU and for that I am forever grateful!
Cheers to you beautiful lady.
Couldn’t have said it better Kooloo!
Does anyone here play HQ?
*raises glass in toast to Maryse*
And God bless us everyone.
Ok, so I got crickets. I can’t believe no one here plays HQ, the live trivia app phenomena that’s taking the internet by storm?
They ask 12 questions and whoever answers all 12 correctly splits the $2,500 prize (on Sunday nights, it’s usually $15,000 or $20,000). There are over a million people when the questions begin and it dwindles down as people miss them and get eliminated. Sometimes there are a handful of winners and sometimes there are hundreds.The questions get harder as they go, and I’m talking they are HARD (you have to guess many of them)!
I’m so thrilled that, after playing almost every day for 4 months, tonight I got 11 questions right! Then I missed the last one. Boo! But I’m so glad to know that it IS possible for me to actually get past question 4 or 5! lol
YAY Nay!! It must be so fun and stressful playing that. Still… worth it. 😉 For your brain and possibly for your wallet!! 😀
Maryse and Everyone…I so enjoy all of you. You came into my life when I really needed you and now enjoy hearing about all your lives everyday. You make me laugh and have read so many fantastic books on your recommendations.
And Maryse thanks for all you do!! You are the glue that holds us all together.
Nay, congrats! You are a smarty-pants. 😉 It would be awesome if you win money.
Maryse, I couldn’t have said it better than Amy, Kooloo and Julie. You are the bestest and this blog and the women on it are a BIG, happy part of my life!! 😉
Nay, I have heard of it thru my daughter and her friends, but I haven’t played it.
So no school today (it’s my day off) but my daughter’s school is closed for icy rain and we both have off tomorrow for the Eagles parade. Fingers crossed we have good weather. Now curling up with my kindle and my coffee-sorry no flavored creamer, just half-and-half.
You guys warm my heart!!!!!!! I swear every day is a happy one here, and I’m am so lucky that I get to hang out with you all. Truly blessed. 🙂 <3
Morning beautiful people!!!!
I’m drinking banana flavoured Nespresso this snow stormy am 🙂
Question for Nay the Guinness over there – how do they get the b’anners flavour IN my Nespresso pod?…
It isn’t dried syrup cause the carb count didn’t go up
Soooooo do they like roast ‘nanners with the beans
But seriously Nay I’ve always wanted to play but I checked it out years ago they said the trivia is supper hard and because like a million people play the changes are like 1 in a BILLION craycray 😮
So for you for to get 11/12!!!!!!!!! Ummmmmmm I think that would make you…… AMAZING 😉
Thinking I might start Shadowsong today.
New show love Radio Romance. Love when something little like that can make you look forward to Monday and Tuesdays.
Nay, what was the last question?
I have to admit that I guessed 2 of them, and then my son knew the answer to one that I had no clue, so he helped me get one right. But really, if you’ve ever played, you know that there’s almost ZERO way to win unless you have a certain amount of luck on your side and guess at least 1 because they’re so random and HARD.
The final question was: Which legendary music producer is closely related to former president Jimmy Carter?
The choices were a) Jeff Lynne b) Brian Eno c) Berry Gordy (answer at the bottom of this post)
And, naturally, I thought of Robin with this question:
The Doors are named after a famous essay by the author of what iconic novel? a) Lolita b) On the Road c) Brave New World
I knew the answer to that one was Brave New World because their name is from The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley–pulled that from the recesses of my brain! lol
**so the answer to question 12 was, of course——–>>>Berry Gordy!
I guessed Brian Eno because I knew Jeff Lynne was British and simply figured I would have heard at some point that Berry Gordy and Jimmy Carter were cousins. (Brian Eno is British too, but I didn’t know that)
The game is on every weekday at 3 pm est and every night at 8 pm est. I play with 1 or all 3 of my sons–when a game is getting ready to start, we each get our notification on our phone and whoever is home convenes at our kitchen counter. Hubby plays sometimes, but he gets too pissed off when it lags, so he usually sits it out. lol It’s been a fun family thing to do.
Wow, Nay is a smarty Mc-smartster!! That does sound like a fun game. Do you have a time limit to answer the questions in? I would think it would be hard to google the questions in time if there was.
Cheryl, that would be AWESOME if you and Jean met at the parade! So happy for your home team. 😀 I’m not really loyal to any team (sorry Seahawks :P) but I do enjoy watching the games, and I love seeing an underdog win in any competition!
Woop!!! I would have gotten The Doors one!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
*squeeeeee* Where’s Grey’s glitter cannon???
*hands over the glitter cannon to Maryse*
Happy birthday Ela! 😀 *throws fairy dust in the air*
I want to hear your opinion on Shadowsing, Bev. I gave it a very low rating because it was SOOOO SLOW AND BORING. I kid you not, I was falling asleep reading it. I have to re-read a book because after reading it, nothing looks good. 🙁
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELA!!!!!!
I don’t know about going to the parade in Philly yet. They are expecting 2 to 4 million people…..my office is closed though….*grinning*…..so I’ll at least be watching it in my warm cozy house with it on the TV while (probably) reading….lol!
Cheryl, are you actually going? Train tickets are already sold out!
Amy–it’s 10 seconds, There’s NO time to google. Maybe a 2nd person could do it for one or two questions, but most are phrased in a way to make it impossible.
I’ve been meaning to tell Cheryl and Jean congrats! My entire household was rooting for the Eagles and I thought of y’all during the game!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELA DEAREST!
The first year the Pats won, hubs went to the parade. He never went again or to any other Boston champs celebrations. Crowds and big city traffic make me anxious, but I get how fun it is for fans.
*big birthday huggles for Ela*
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ELA- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Jean, I don’t know. Now that both my school and my daughter’s and hubby’s work are all closed we are thinking “why not?” Not sure if we’ll take speedline or drive. Probably wouldn’t go to Art museum, just hit one of the earlier stops and go home.
Be safe Cheryl! It’s going to be wild here!
I couldn’t have said it better myself, Maryse! I’ve told my family and all my doctors and nurses more than once about my wonderful ‘book family’ who have helped me get through the last couple of years.
And count me in as another who is so grateful for your friendship and the hard work you do to get all the book information for us AND for providing us a place to share our book favorites along with our book disasters and all the happy and not so happy events of our lives! When I first started posting, my focus was a bit more on the books, but it quickly changed to a focus on the friendship–I always know I can come here for a laugh or support when I need it.
YOU GUYS MUST MUST MUST READ DANGEROUS GIRLS BY ABIGAIL HAAS IF YOU LIKE THRILLER/MYSTERIES!!!!!!!!!!! THIS ONE COMES FROM ONE OF OUR MONTHLY ALL TIME FAVORITES OFF OF GREY’S LIST!
So I’m reading Arcana Rising by Kresley Cole and I’m literally one sentence past that part where it said Seven Nation Army was playing when the radio started to play that song! It was trippy. 😀 Also, I’m so glad I’m re-reading this. It’s getting me prepared for The Dark Calling. And oooh, does that name (Dark Calling) scare me after a quick moment with one character. Like, is this what starts the mass killings to come? EEEP! I can’t wait for Tues.
Excuse me while I quietly gag. Banana coffee Kooloo? Really? Just, no. Quick. Someone pass me a skinny latte with NO flavours added. Please.
That game sounds awesome, Nay, but I know I’d be hopeless. Congrats on the big 11!
This week I’ve been reading a new (to me) author, Julie Anne Long. I read one of her HRs, which I liked, but she’s also got a lovely CR series set in the small town of Hellcat Canyon. I can happily recommend #3, Dirty Dancing At Devil’s Leap. It’s got a terrible title (and a pretty bad cover too) but I read it on a GR rec and it’s really good. Came out Aug 2017, and another one coming in May 2018 sounds great too. Sweet, sexy, powerful emotional romance with characters you really like. 😀 I LOVE finding decent new authors! Yay GoodReads and yay this blog too. Maryse, can’t tell you how many great books I’ve gotten from here!!! *hugs Maryse*
Awwwww I’m feeling the love…puppy pile on Maryse!!!!!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELA!!!
Okay, break is over and now back to work. 🙄
*gasps and gasps with happiness and love…. and lack of breath*
Stacks on the mill !!!!!!!!! (What we call a puppy pile down here). Bags not be on the bottom!!!!!!!
That would be a dream, Nay! All of your sappy posts are making me smile so big! I love it here too!! I agree, banana coffee is one of the most disgusting combos I’ve ever heard of. Lol
I finished all the episodes of New Girl on Netflix and now I’m floundering trying to find a new show to watch…it sounds silly, but that fun stuff helps me through most days.
Yay ELALOO happy day happy day!!!!!
*jumps on puppy pile*
I missed all the lovey/dovey goodness??? Aw man! Ditto to all that up there! Maryse & crew are my private little book club & I adore you all!
I just finished a HR called A Scot Ties the Knot. So much fun! If you’re in the mood for a good Highlander romance, go read the blurb. Her letters alone were worth the price of the book. Except… my library had the eBook, so it was FREE! Yay me
There’s a lot to be said for a man in a kilt. 😉 And don’t you love it when the library has it! The book, not the kilted man, that is. LOL. Ooh. Now I’m imagining a hot male librarian in a kilt. Maybe with black-rimmed glasses. Do you want me to help you find a book, Jan?………
*drifts off into happily inappropriate daydream in the dim back corner of the library shelves*
Tasha Tasha Tasha
Fight My Way
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
Because This is My First Life
Or my new favorite Radio Romance
There is also this sweet Canadian show Heartland that is addicting.
Or Justified which is not sweet but so freaking good.
Tessa, I saw another review that said the same. *sigh* Not sure if I should try it now or not.
In general I am getting a bit tired of being stuck in the narrator ‘s internal conflict. I know you didn’t like it but I thought it was well done in Deeper. I liked Caroline. But lately so many books are depending on the internal which makes for alot of repetition and a lot less forward momentum and developement of other characters and relationships.
*cuddles on the puppy pile* People bed! The best type.
Bev, I don’t mind internal conflict. My issue with Deeper was more telling than showing. That annoys me. They’d say they did something important without just showing that important thing. That bothers me and makes the book feel immature. Shadowsong was a lot of internal struggle that was repeated. The same struggle over and over. I get that bipolar disorder means you can’t just get over it, but seriously, MONTHS and not a single high point?
May wait on it then. I keep getting stalled.
One book last month…or two? And only one book this month. Progress I guess. At least reading. But I’m getting seriously grumpy with my books. Like nitpicking.
Happy birthday…maybe just a touch late, Ela, I’ve been so wrapped up in this proof, but i tried to get here in Time! wowsa. hope it was a great day!! I should be around a bit tomorrow. Xoxxox
OMG bev the Canadian show you mentioned called Heartland is my parents favourite!!!! They say they like it more than OUTLANDER because it’s less violent lol TOO CUTE
Anyway any time they get visitors to the house they always ask if they saw the show and if not well they play the first episode for them right then and their. TOO FUNNY
I swear they have seen that epi like 50 times already…
But seriously now I’m hooked 😉 there is something about a man in a
RCMP uniform 😉
I’ve never heard of any of those shows…I’ll need to google. When I get the tv for myself, I’ll have to try one. Thanks! My goal to kind of get back on the reading train is to read at least 10% a day. It’s worked for the past cpl days, and I do love the book, I just can’t focus for long periods of time anymore. Sipping on a decaf iced vanilla latte this morning, yum!!
Kooloo that is adorable.
It is addictive. Maybe because that scenery is so beautiful and those horses.
What did you get for your Birthday besides the Adult colouring book?
Freaking lol so hard last night when I read that on GR!
NAY!!! I finally finished FEED (the zomb/apoc you rec) I wanted to scream on the 3rd last chapter WTH I did not expect THAT!!!!!
Yay, Kooloo! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!
Bev, I know this might seem weird, but since you’ve been on a KDrama kick, why not try mangas? It’s the same stories that you are watching, and it might get you back to reading again.
Thank you for all the wishes!
I got a bunch of flowers and cash; and fresh creme brule (delivered to work by my hubby). Oh and a self gift of UGG Slippers.
Ooooh lucky you, Ela! Creme brûlée (autocorrect was a gem for once, HA!) is so deliciously sinful. What a sweet husband. 🙂
Okay Kooloo and Nay, I clicked Feed. Had to. Your comments were just too enticing. Have you two read Until the End of the World? If you read it, don’t let the somewhat easy-going feel of that book fool you…the second one will beat the crap out of your heart and gut, then the third one will help mend it though it is a long road to that point. Ask anyone here who took me up on the rec. 😉
bev, I feel you. I have been nitpicking virtually every book I have read for the last few months. Sometimes I wonder if I am being TOO picky and have really missed out on some gems because I’ve been DNFing so early on, but then I read your comments and feel relieved that I’m not the only one struggling at times.
Hey, but at least when you’re in a slump we get more of your wittiness here. *giggle*
Nevermind, Kooloo…I just saw on the other post that you’ve read UTEOTW. 😉
Yeah, that second book… There’s a reason I still haven’t touched the third! Does it heal like Gus did, because if so, I need a day where the beginning is just going to RIP MY HEART OUT. Just saying… that second book was nutty painful.
Tessa…it DOES heal like Gus did, but it is a long and bumpy road (literally and figuratively :P) for them to get where they are going. I can say, however, that it’s not devastating like the second one. It wraps everything up perfectly…well, as perfectly as possible with everything going on.
I just realized it’s Thursday! This week went by way to fast!!
FLT “Ouch…hold on. Here, let me–” “Sshhh. You’re going to get us caught.”
Dirty Words (from the Love Me Hard anthology) by my girl Erica Lynn!
Oh wow, it IS Thursday! See what happens when I get a day off on a weekday…
“I kick my way through the piles of mail on the wooden floor, balancing a box in my hands as the door slams shut behind me.” ~ The Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas
‘The day my life went to absolute hell started out like any other.’
Ghost and Grudges by Jasmine Walt
Whew, got home safely from the Eagles parade. IT. WAS. GREAT. Ended up taking Uber over to friends of my daughter’s who live close to Broad street. We ended up about 3 people back from the parade!! I videoed on my phone and half-way thru my hubby pointed out that I didn’t hit the record button. Damn gloves!! However, my daughter had a great vantage point- she stood on people in front of us’s cooler and she video-taped the parade.
“Heidi gave me a son and then I killed her.” Look the Part by Jewel E. Ann. The MC in this one was in One; which I realized was another football book that I absolutely loved. Great h who is a below-the-knee amputee and is feisty and crazy- very hilarious what comes out of her mouth!! Yeh, I hear you snickering Amy!
Tessa, you would think. One reason I love k dramas is they are structured like books.
I’ve only read one manga, well the first part as they are many volumes long. And then 2 other graphic novels. I’d read others but I’m not drawn to them.
I get that. I keep trying with them because the stories themselves are usually ones I’m drawn to, but I usually have issues with how there is something missing.
My mother sat down across from me at the big farmhouse table as I chewed the last bite of her home-smoked applewood bacon.
Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen
FLT: (okay, it’s more than one line).
The world won’t end with a bang. The world won’t end with a whimper. In fact, the world won’t end at all. But it will change and if we refuse to change with it… It will be us that ends.
The Soul Mate. Holy Trinity Book 1. M. Sheehan.
Because I couldn’t resist after Maryse’s post about “next in a series”. Sigh….
Team Garik? Team Xan?
Yep, I’m thinking a re-read of The Soul Mate is in order. 😉
Especially with what The Forbidden is doing to me!! *holds tummy*
DO you all ever have periods when you just feel quiet? You don’t really feel like talking to anyone or even listening to anyone, lol.
Me. For sure. That’s when I just snuggle with my dogs and read… no social media, no checking the blog. Just me ‘n my book, ‘n my dogs. And some chips. 🙂
Yes bev, believe it or not I actually do have periods like that. 😉
Cheryl! How fun for you!! And you know my mind SO well because my mind went there when you said “what comes out of her mouth.” *snicker*
I adore quiet. Just my thoughts. Or a book. No conversations. No media of any kind.
BTW Amy, finished my reread. Even better than I remembered! I flew threw it. I’m even more convinced Maryse would love it.
The Forbinnen??? Ooh… a new shiny…
I feel that way a lot. I like my quiet time, and can just read or play GW2 with nothing around me (sound off on the game). It’s the best.
Cheryl, that’s awesome you made it to the parade! It was awesome…..I watched all day from the comfort of my warm, cozy couch!
I love quiet time….