WHAT A FREAKING AMAZING WEEK for new book releases. From yesterday to today I can barely catch my breath in trying to settle on which one I want to start next. There are at least 6 that I want to read NOW. Or maybe I should read 3 of ’em at once?? I HAVE started on Laura Kaye’s sequel (Love in the Light) ’cause I’ve been waiting YEARS for it, so curious as to… where it went 😉 and I’m thrilled that it starts just two months from the “elevator” meet-cute. 😉 YAY ME!!!! I get to live with them all over again!! 😀
The other ones that are standing out BIG TIME, to me ➜ For the First Time (the whole anthology sounds great, but I especially want the Hollywood Dirt novella by Alessandra Torre), Sebring (because Kristen Ashley, that’s why. And also… ’cause everyone seems to hate Nick, and I love the sound of that!), The Score (’cause I LOVED book #1 & #2 and this one is rocking worlds right now!!! 😀 MINE MINE ALL MINE!!), Complete Corruption (MAFIA romance from THE C.D. Reiss, and it’s the whole series bundled so no more waiting!), Unhinge (especially this one, ’cause I LOVE psych-thrillers, especially about people in mental wards believing in something very strongly that others… do not – AND!!! Amy went crazy over another book by this author, which was also a psych-thriller), and… The Dirt on Ninth Grave (’cause this whole series comes SO HIGHLY recommended and I can’t wait to start it, so this new release is a reminder to me!!),
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Aced: Driven Series # 8 by K. Bromberg <— THE HEA is in jeopardy!!
- The Dirt on Ninth Grave by Darynda Jones
- Make Me Sin: Bad Habit, Book 2 by J. T. Geissinger
- What You Need: Need You, Book 1 by Lorelei James
- Where He Ends & I Begin: Home Collection, Book 3 by Cardeno C. <— M/M ROMANCE
- Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre <— One of my TOP 2015 picks!!
- The Consummation: Josh and Kat, Part III: The Club, Book 7 by Lauren Rowe
- Arrow’s Hell by Chantal Fernando
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Crash by Nicole Williams <— BAD BOY ALERT! Look what Lauren found us!! “OMG! Crash by Nicole Williams is on sale… I read this series around the same time I read the Thoughtless series & honestly loved the Crash series more. Gasp!” YES!! I loved this one too! (my Book Review)
- Yours Completely: A Cinderella Love Story (Billionaires and Brides Book 1) by Krista Lakes <— RUH ROH ALERT! “if she can outwit her wicked stepmother, she just might be able to dance with him at the wedding reception ball. There’s only one problem… What if Jace is actually the groom?”
- Hearts in Darkness (Hearts in Darkness Duet Book 1) by Laura Kaye <— I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS ONE and the sequel was just released today and this one is bargain priced right now!!! 😀 (my Book Review)
- The Deal (Off-Campus Book 1) by Elle Kennedy <— ELLE KENNEDY ALERT!!! STILL ON SALE TODAY…The latest release is below!! 😀 (my Book Review)
- The Mistake (Off-Campus Book 2) by Elle Kennedy <— STILL ON SALE TODAY!! The latest release is below!! 😀 (my Book Review)
- Song of the Fireflies by J.A. Redmerski <— J.A. REDMERSKI ALERT! Nancy found us this one on super-sale today!! “Song of the Fireflies by J.A. Redmerski… I really liked the Edge of Never but have not read this one yet.” I LOVED Edge of Never so I’m def. curious about this one!
- Elite (Eagle Elite Book 1) by Rachel Van Dyken <— Lauren also found us this one! “Rachel Van Dyken’s Elite (Eagle Elite Book 1)… Huge sale! Her books don’t go on sale very often….I’ve actually been waiting on this one to go down for well over a year.”
- Lead Me From Solitude by Lainy Bradshaw <— RECLUSE ALERT! Nancy liked this one, and loves that book #2 is out now, too! She says: “…about a young recluse man to end all recluse young man stories and the woman who saves him, but it does end in cliffhanger. Good News! Book 2 is out: GHOSTS OF THE PAST… Hope you take this chance on new author…“
- Ghosts of the Past (Solitude Book 2) by Lainy Bradshaw <— And here’s #2…
- The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson Book 9) by Darynda Jones
- Better Off Undead (Blood and Moonlight Book 2) by Cynthia Eden
- Wolf on the Hunt (Salvation Pack) by N.J. Walters
- Hope With Stickers by Crum M.L.
- Assassin’s Kiss (Watcher’s Kiss Book 2) by Sharon Kay
- Tiny Glitches: A Magical Contemporary Romance by Rebecca Chastain
- Prophecy (Book One in the Prophecy Series) by Lea Kirk
- War Chest (Even Gods Fall in Love) by Lynne Connolly
- Of Flame and Promise: A Weird Girls Novel by Cecy Robson
- Destiny’s Child (Immortal Obsession Book 3) by J.D. Selmser
- The Fever Series 7-Book Bundle: Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever, Shadowfever, Iced, Burned by Karen Marie Moning
- The Pariah by Lindy P. Lawrence
- The Suicidal God by Ylisa Ebert
- Love in the Light (Hearts in Darkness Duet Book 2) by Laura Kaye <-– SEQUEL TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS ALERT!!! 😀 😀 😀 check out my giveaway!! ➜ Exclusive Excerpt of Laura Kaye’s “Love in the Light” plus a signed book-set giveaway!
- Sebring (Unfinished Heroes) (Volume 5) by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY ALERT! READERS ONCE HATED THIS ANTI-HERO! Leeann is curious: “I’m curious to see where she goes with Nick since I hate him so much” and Bethany is enjoying this one! “Only 18% in to Sebring and already getting teary-eyed! Never thought I’d like Nick, but he’s making me a convert. 😉 … She’s really good at foreshadowing too. Letting me know something bad is coming so my worry builds. I’m at 40% and am getting annoyed because life is getting in the way of my reading, lol! I hate when that happens. smile emoticon
- Aced (The Driven Series) (Volume 5) by K. Bromberg <— K. BROMBERG DRIVEN ALERT!!!! RUH RUH!!! Trouble lurks for their HEA!!! “Rylee and Colton’s ride continues…“
- The Score (Off-Campus Book 3) by Elle Kennedy <— ELLE KENNEDY AWESOME HILARIOUS 5-STAR BOOK ALERT!! Celeste LOVED it!! “I loved The Score! I practically inhaled it! What I love about this series is that her characters don’t need to be doing anything huge or over the top for things to be interesting – they can have fun just sitting there watching TV. The dialogue is the best. Also… after the last few pages? I’m dying for Tucker’s story now.” and Anne agrees! “Yes! I knew I was going to love this book and I was right! My first 5 star book of 2016 is The Score! God I love Dean! So cocky but sweet at the same time! And that ending! I am just saying I cant wait for The Goal to come out later this year This is one of the best NA series out there. I am on a happy cloud right now.”
- The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn
- Inked on Paper by Nicole Edwards
- Angel’s Halo: Reclaimed (Angel’s Halo MC Book 4) by Terri Anne Browning
- Salacious (Secret Hungers Presents) by Michele Bardsley, Cynthia Sax, Renee George, Renea Mason, Erzabet Bishop, Blakely Bennett, Emma Nichols, Anne Lange
- Best Women’s Erotica of the Year, Volume 1 by Rachel Kramer Bussel
- Dirty Together (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy Book 3) by Meghan March <— TRILOGY FINALE ALERT!! But should not be read as a standalone…
- For the First Time: Twenty-One Brand New Stories of First Love <— OMG THIS ANTHOLOGY SOUNDS PERFECT FOR US!!! “never-before-read stories from Alessandra Torre, Alexa Riley, Lynda Chance, and more of the hottest authors of 2016. From young heartbreak to a virginity auction, from the chance meeting to the happily ever after, these exclusive stories explore first love in all its forms.” by Alessandre Torre, Kim Karr, Jen Frederick, Alexa Riley, Lynda Chance, Sarah Castille, Nina Lane, CJ Roberts, Anna Zaires, Nikki Sloane, Cynthia Sax, Avery Aster, Pam Godwin, Skye Warren, Julia Sykes, Cynthia Rayne, Jenika Snow, Debra Presley, Shoshanna Evers, Tamsen Parker, and Nina Levine
- Full Domain (A Nice Guys Novel Book 3) by Kindle Alexander <— M/M ROMANCE
- Cherry Bomb (Mercury Rising) by Samantha Kane <— M/M ROMANCE
- Love So Perfect (The Lawson Brothers Book 5) by Marquita Valentine <— FAMOUS FOOTBALL PLAYER TRYING TO CORRECT HIS BAD-BOY IMAGE & USES HER TO DO IT ALERT! And he starts dating a school-teacher to “fix” it: “Sweet as anything, she’s star struck by him and agrees to date-after-date, never suspecting the real reason he wants to be with her…” <— THE JERK!
- On the Rocks (A Turtle Island Novel) by Kim Law
- The Revelation: Josh and Kat Part II (The Club Book 6) by Lauren Rowe
- Complete Corruption: (The Complete Mafia Romance) by C.D. Reiss <— MAFIA ROMANCE & HE’S FORBIDDEN & THIS CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE! “Theresa Drazen can have plenty of guys, but the one she can’t keep away from….the one she’s just about addicted to, is more than forbidden…“
- Sanctuary (Family Justice Book 3) by Suzanne Halliday
- Protecting the Future (SEAL of Protection) (Volume 8) by Susan Stoker
- Tempted by a SEAL (Hot SEALs) (Volume 7) by Cat Johnson
- Russian Tattoos Obsession by Kat Shehata
- Intoxicating (Secret Hungers Presents) by Rochelle Paige and Lexi Ostrow
- Love Or Money by Elizabeth Roderick
- Wayward Trouble (Wayward Saints MC Book 5) by K. Renee
- Unhinge: A Novel by Calia Reed <— PSYCH THRILLER! SHE’S IN A MENTAL HOSPITAL ALERT! “At first Fairfax Mental Health Institute seems like a safe place for Victoria to heal with her baby, Evelyn, and to hide from Wes, presumed dead by everyone except Victoria. Her husband is still alive, she has no doubt: He slips into her room at night to torment and tempt her…“
- American Law (Law Series Book 2) by Camille Taylor
- The Love Square by Jessica Calla
- Shades Of Sydney (A Sydney West Novel Book 1) by Brittney Coon
- Entwined Destiny (Destiny African Romance series) by Nana Prah
- Bam-Bam’s Inked Hart (Bad Boys of Beta Squad, Book 3) by <— I’m not “feeling” the title… or the cover, but the blurb sounds like it could be good… “When a wounded petty officer washes up in her tattoo shop, she can’t help but offer him a place to stay for the weekend. She’s been where he is and doesn’t mind paying the help forward, especially when the friendship comes with some intimate benefits. It’s only temporary. When Zamora’s ex shows up, frightening her with talk of starting over, Greg offers to stay at her place longer to give backup and repay her generosity…“
- Giving It Up (Pushing the Boundaries) by Audra North
- Tough Luck: A Stepbrother Romance by Christa Simpson
- My Best Friend’s Stepfather by Opal Carew <— FORBIDDEN DOM ALERT! “When Ash is assigned her first feature as a reporter, it should have been simple: interview a real life Dominant for an article about BDSM. But her subject is none other than Darien Gallagher, her best friend’s stepfather…and it’ll be an interview she never forgets…“
- Speaking Greek (Foreign Exchange Series Book 1) by Selena Laurence
- Love Notes (Rocked by Love Book 1) by Susan Scott Shelley <— FAMOUS ROCK STARS ALERT! “When she’s asked to help out her friend’s band as tour manager, it seems to be a perfect solution, until she meets the band. She hadn’t planned on the sizzling chemistry and instant connection with Zander…“
- You Only (Cameron Farms Book 1) by Melanie Jayne
- Keeping Secrets: A Novel by Suzanne Morris
- Once Upon a Wedding: Book One of the One Day at a Wedding Series by Kelly Rae
- Sunset at Lake Crane (A Livingston Valley Novel Book 1) by Casey Hagen
- Something Real (More than Something Book 1) by Abigail Grey
- Anything But a Wedding: Book Two in the One Day at a Wedding Series by Kelly Rae
- Shapely & Stunning (Big & Beautiful Book 3) by Mary E Thompson
- Chasing Crazy by Kelly Siskind <— THEY MEET ON A FLIGHT ALERT! “They’re falling fast, hard, and deep. More than anything, Sam wants Nina to forget her fears. But to help her do that he must reveal his own painful secret-and risk Nina never seeing him the same way again…“
- Deception: The Kink, P.I. Series by Shakir Rashaan
- Mermaid Moon (A Sunset Cove Novel Book 2) by Colleen Coble
- The Turning Point by Marie Meyer
- All The Darkness (All The Colours Book 2) by Lo-arna Green
- Chasing Memories (The Forevermore Series) by Anna James
- Forbidden: Her British Stepbrother by Lauren Smith <— “Then she sees him walk in. He’s tall, dark, handsome, and straight out of her deepest fantasies. His voice makes her knees feel weak…”
- The Madam: Power, Pleasure and Pain by Victoria Butler <— SHE’S A MADAME!! “She holds great power with her little black book that high profile actors, TV Anchors, Judges, etc both highly respect and fear her…”
- My Little Brother’s Best Friend by A.A. Gibson <— THAT TITLE SAYS IT ALL!
- Moondancing by Celia J. Anderson
- The Secrets and Shadows Story Collection (Secrets & Shadows) by Shiloh Walker
- The Truth about the Liar (Shadow Play Book 4) by Helena Maeve
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s)
- Slave to Love by Julie A. Richman – January 14th 2016
- The Darkest Fire (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter – January 18th 2016
- Time and Space by Rachel Robinson – January 18th 2016
- Hard Ever After (Hard Ink) by Laura Kaye – January 19th 2016
- Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City Book 5) by Penny Reid – January 19th 2016
- Feverborn: A Fever Novel by Karen Marie Moning <— January 19th 2015
- Cunning (Infidelity Book 2) by Aleatha Romig – January 19th 2015
- Rapturous (Quantum Series Book 4) by M.S. Force – January 19th 2015
- Tempted, Twisted, Tamed: The Dark Protectors Novellas by Rebecca Zanetti – January 19th 2015
- Blue: A Novel by Danielle Steele – January 19th 2015
- Appealed by Emma Chase – January 19th 2015
- Naughty Wishes Part I: Body by Joey W. Hill – January 19th 2015
- Forgotten Promises by Jessica Lemmon – January 19th 2015
- Xavier Cold (Hard Knocks Book Two) (Hard Knocks Book Series 2) by Michelle A. Valentine <— January 20th 2016
- Sketch by Laramie Briscoe – January 21st 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
I LOVED SONG OF THE FIREFLIES!!!!!
I’m reading The Score right now and loving that too! I had so many preorders pop up on my Kindle today so I get the indecision Maryse!
Just started Sebring by Kristin Ashley….OMG!!! Four chapters in and I am hooked *happy dance*. Who knew ole Nick might surpass his brother Knight …*wiggle,wiggle*
Unhinge!!! I’m SO in the mood to get my mind messed with. YAY ME! 😀
*gasp* Maryse! Have you never read Crash by Nicole Williams?!? OMG…O. M. G!!! Bad boy jerk-face awesomeness (not as jerk-faced as some but definitely enough to qualify ;)) that I LOVED. The series goes from YA that doesn’t feel like YA to R-rated NA…just what we love. 😉 You’ve gotta give it a shot if for nothing more than throwback feels!!
I sure have, Amy! I even posted my review… I think.
Lemme check if I forgot to link it! LOL!!
Buy Elite! Anyone who can suspend reality for a bit, but loves bully type books, get Elite. 🙂
Guys can I read Sebring as a standalone? I havent read the previous books in the series.
Oops…you did post your review link and I just missed it. *snort* And I’m actually sober right now. 😛 Now I need to go and check out your review…
Coconut cream pie martinis are today’s release day drinks! Holy freaking YUM!!!
Amy, did you read all three books? I liked Crush (Crash #3) the best….Jude Ryder is definitely on my Top 5 Best BBF list….
Anyone who has read Sebring….is this exclusively a Nick book or does Knight show up at any time?
Anne, you probably can read it as a standalone. We are introduced to the character of Nick Sebring in his brother’s book, Knight. He isn’t really a main character in that book….we just get some basic info about him (he’s an ass….he lies, cheats, steals, etc…) & learn a lot about Nick & Knight’s childhood (which will probably come back up in this book). He causes trouble & stirs things up in Knight’s book so Knight sends him away so I’m assuming that’s where his book starts.
I’m still reading The Score but hearing not so good things about Alessandra Torre in her followup story. Disapponting, was really looking forward to that.
Got to get through my new shinnies for Thursday- Suanne Lacquer. No preorder.
Lauren, I did read the whole series. 😀 Its hard for me to pick my favorite because I loved the YA feel of book 1 and the “grown-up” situations in book 3…book 2 was good but sooooo much drama and jealousy, and I wanted to pull that one chick’s hair out through most of it, LOL!
What is everyone reading?
Anne – I agree that you can read Sebring as a standalone. It briefly recaps some of Nick’s history to give you an idea of what occurred previously. Some characters from previous books make an appearance but haven’t played a major part to take away from his story.
Still loving some Nick Sebring *swoon*
Finished Ninth Grave and loved it. My tablet is almost dead, of course. So, now I’m reading a library book, Skinwalker by Faith Hunter. I’ve been so curious about this book and have wanted to read it for a long while. Finally, I’ve started and already can tell I’ll love it.
Hey just a FYI Karen Marie Moning is still doing pre-ordered signed copies of her book Feverborn. Look on her blog I just received the newsletter so if anyone wants a copy get it while you can.
You can try this link if it works::
Hopefully be finishing The Score tonight.
That’s what I’m doing bev although I’m only at 40% and feeling sleepy already! Seems like many are already done reading it…..I’ve been too busy this week to really get in some reading. Hate when that happens
Just wanted to let you all know that Karina Halle’s artist trilogy is on sale for .99 each book right now. I’ve been waiting for these for a while. 😉
Jean your 3 hrs ahead, so understandable. Lately I’ve had a hard time staying awake when reading. Which stinks abit cause love reading in bed.
Just picking it back up.
Denise thanks I think their are really 4. I think Javior from the Dirty series was in these
I am finally reading the R. L. Mathewson’s Neighbor from Hell Series. I am on Book 3. Loved the first two books and definitely laughed out loud on book 1. I am so embarrassed to say that I have had some of these books on my iPad/Kindle for over 3 years. I am in denial of the amount of unread books but yet I keep one clicking. Is there a support group for too many books on their Kindle?
Thanks Lauren and DG! I guess I’ll be reading Sebring soon 🙂
Got a little behind but I finished The Mistake and really enjoyed it. Love this series! Onto The Score now since I’m ready to laugh and swoon some more 😀
I didn’t get to start reading The Score until today. I’m only at 35%. It’s different than the other two but still Elle Kennedy greatness.
Ok I got to the bathroom scene – laughed my butt off. But over half way through , I got to say I thought The mistake might be my fav
Finished. I liked it. A lot. But Didnt love it as much as others.
The last seemed a bit rushed.
Wow, Complete Corruption by CD Reiss is 99cents. I bought all 3 books separately. Great series even though I still need to finish the last one. I’m one clicking more than I can read, being back at work sucks.
Michelle Mankin is releasing her latest 3 part series: Finding Me all this week. Well worth your time!
Find Me and Remember Me are out…Keep Me will be here on Friday the 15th. You need to check them out. You will love Johnny Lightning.
Oh and Franggy is on the cover…total win-win.
Yep fell asleep last night. Don’t know why it’s taking me so long to read this book. I’m at 50%.
Kathy P! This is your support group! We all have the same problem!
Jean I don’t know how you fell asleep after that hilarious bathtub scene. I choked myself trying not to laugh out loud and wake everyone up.
Fabi I couldn’t stop laughing either! It was hilarious! I can picture Logans face lol
Im halfway through The Dirt on the Ninth Grave and Im loving it! I dont want it to end. Charley has amnesia in this book and she is falling in love with Reyes all over again. Its genius! Its a fresh take on all the characters we love because we know who they are but Charley doesnt. Im glad to see theres already a tenth book available for pre order. This is one of my favorite book series!
Danielle I have to start that series BAD. I know i’ll love it like i’ve fallen for my past urban fantasies. I just KNOW it!!!!
Ladies! One of my favorites is on sale for 1.99, If He Had Been With Me. Just ask Tessa…
*grabs and pulls on Tessa’s arm* Come on, Tessa, back me up here! Oh, and I saw on the other post that you never went back to the EIT series…WOMAN!!!! Will you trust me if I tell you that you’ll love it? The first 2 or 3 books were a bit slow for me as well but when it took off, damn did it take off. 😀
Kathy…what Jean said. 😉 We’ll support you but feed your addiction at the same time. Yep, that’s our kind of screwed up (in the most awesome way, of course) support group!
And Denise…I loved the Artists trilogy!! Although her flashback of being devirginized left me crossing my legs with empathy pains. *snort*
I never heard you mention that book Amy. It popped up in one of my emails today on sale and it sounds like a total tear jerker. They compared it to If I Stay, which I didn’t read but watched the movie and it wrecked me!
She went on and on about the book. She made sure I read it. It kind of hurts a bit, but it was super good. Jean, you’d love it. *nods*
I will, but come on. Book one of EIT was slow. Right now I’m contemplating just buying Sins and Needles so I’ll actually read it. The whole library thing didn’t work with it. Actually, the last time I went, I made a promise to myself of only two books at a time. I can read fast, but not THAT fast! I had about twenty books checked out. Twenty in three weeks, plus purchases, TBR and KU books? NOPE! However, empathy virginity pain actually has me curious. lol
*hides Kindle* Sure Kathy. We can help. Just ignore the 2000+ books on Amy’s and Ela’s TBR, k? They are on the extreme addicts program.
The Wreck by Marie Force is on sake for .99
*whew*. It is done. Nick Sebring is my BB of January! Love him. Enough said.
Next up is The Score. Heard a lot of good stuff from ya’ll. The Deal was my fav…
Paula too!! She has 2000+ books on her Kindle. 😛
Jean…you definitely *would* like it. I read If I Stay a while ago (didn’t see the movie) and I actually liked IHHBWM more. It spans all four years of high school for them, but it honestly doesn’t drag. The pacing was perfect. I loved the matter-of-fact tone of the narration, and every time I put it down I couldn’t wait to get back to it and see what they were up to. Aaaaaaand then it gut punched me. So yeah, I loved it. 😉
*whining* I knooooowwwww Tessa…book 1 *was* slow, but the buildup in the first three books pays off BIG time in book 4. And holy mother of all things creepy, book 6 scared the he!! out of me at one point…I actually slept with the TV on all night after that part. AND I wouldn’t go downstairs without turning the lights on for I don’t know how long.
But, the Artists trilogy is great as well…I can ignore your EIT brush-off if you read that one. *pblttttt*
Ha Amy, you and your gut punching! Ok, maybe I’ll 1-click….. I have bought a sh!t ton of books over the last 2 weeks!
I’ve had the first few books of EIT forever and still haven’t read them. But I did read the Artists Trilogy and loved them! (I think Amy made me read them)! Amy did you ever read the follow up books? Dirty Deeds I think? I have not, but of course I bought them!
I know I’m a couple of days late in here but…have you guys seen the new release by LP Lovell and Stevie J. Cole?? Absolution – OMG!! It was beyond dark!
“Maybe” you’ll click it, Jean?? It’s only 1.99…you WILL click it and read it!!!
*snicker* Did I pressure you to read the Artists trilogy as well? Wellllllll, at least I read your recs, too. *side-eyes Bev* And like you, I bought at least two (maybe even all three) of the Dirty Deeds books but haven’t read them. Someday… 😕
Ha! Of course I 1-clicked it! It’s on sale! I’m saving money! Lol!
And I can’t bash bev too much right now because I’m still thinking about Jellicoe Road…..sigh…….one day she will take a rec from us!
I have 2000+ books on my kindle too… *giggle* Guilty as charged… I havent read Experiments in Terror either…
I lost an Amazon gift card girls… I haven’t bought The Score yet… omg, I am so friggin p*ssed! I don’t want to talk about it… *pout*
I’m currently reading Christmas from Hell… seemed appropriate… on a bunch of different levels…
I’ve never read the Artist’s trilogy. Huge fan of KH and EIT, and her other books – but for some reason I didn’t finish that first book – barely started. For you, Amy, I will revisit that someday.
I am still working on The Score. Had some things come up that kept me from reading, but I am enjoying it as my good “fluff” fix… good banter and dialogue. I will need something PNR next, I think.
Has anyone read Sebring yet? I have’t bought it just yet. Waiting for some more feedback.
I am reading Sebring and loving it!! Its so different from anything I’ve read from KA but its so good!
Amy I just want to know if there’s a HEA in IHHBWN. I don’t want to ugly cry lol
Just read a review with spoilers and IHHBWM is not for me 🙁
Anne what is the book you are talking about, I missed something.
Here to Stay, Suanne Lacquer is Live a day early yeah
MichelleS, you must have read my mind. I was also thinking that after I finish The Score I want to read either a PNR or maybe a sci-fi.
I got a signed, leather bound copy of Necromancer and one of Ender’s Game in the mail this week (Christmas presents). Maybe I can read Necromancer next. I don’t remember reading it.
But, since it’s a hard copy, I’ll probably need a Kindle book to carry around with me too. Maybe Emissary by Thomas Locke or The Institute by Kayla Howarth.
I’m not sure yet, but I do know I’ll need a change of pace. I’ve read way too many CRs lately. As good as they’ve been, I need something a little more unrealistic next.
BTW, I’m just shy of 80% listening to Burned and I am still waiting for the big shocker turn-off you and Michelle screamed about. I keep cringing, waiting for it to happen.
Jean, it stayed with me too. What did you think of Jonah?
If I stay was great. Book a lot better than movie.
Fabi……that whole book was a turn off. *grumpy face*
For me it is the focus on Mac. The lack of Dani. The change in character behavior.
Oh and yes……that freaking twist. *scrunched face*
OMG!!! What am I thinking?! Captive Prince is next. Please excuse my senility. I can assure you I’ve earned it. 😉
Lol, Fabi. We did say Sat, so you are not mistaken. You could fit another book in their.:-)
Captive Prince!!! Yes. That’ll be perfect.
I agree with Bev… That awful “twist”…. Just no. No. No. No. No. Hated that dumb plot twist. And Barrons? I didn’t need to know that’s what happened! Lalalala. Pretending like it didn’t happen.
Did the stuff y’all are talking about happen in the last 20% of the book?
Damn Amy….Your book suggestion sounds good….but $8 for me. Might add it to my wish list.
Dean *sigh* just…..*sigh* The Score was ahhhhmaaazing.
Just loved being in his head. And loved the way Elle gave us radio silence from his pov when it all went to shit….just ramped up the heartache for him. Best in series so far Elle Kennedy!!
Five squishy heart stars for me.
Just finishing Dirty Billionaire trilogy. Great quickie with plenty of hot and sweaty chemistry between H/h.
Oh, Fabi I can’t really remember. Leaning towards yes.
You hate spoilers so that I don’t want to ask you leading questions.
No worries Bev. I’ll just find out when I finish listening to the last of it.
Fabi yes its in the last 15% if I remember.
Lisa right? I thought it was the best one in the series too! Dean is just so *sigh*
Theresa the book is If He Had Stayed with Me.
Oh Fabi, I do not even want to think about that frustrating *insert rant with a lot of words I can’t type*! The biggest issues are at the end, yes, but yeah pretending none of it happened works for me!
Have about 20% left in The Score. I’ve enjoyed it a ton but I do not think it will edge out The Deal. Overall, this series is a must read though – so entertaining!
Up next is Captive Prince – ready for something completely different 🙂
I think when I’m done I’m going to re-read Burned. Then again, I didn’t hate it. 😛 I am the odd one.
I have about 20% left of The Score too. I seem to have a permanent smile plastered on my face any time I read one of Elle Kennedy’s novels. I just live her coming of age stories. The college shenanigans are a hoot.
Nope Tessa..I loved Burned as well and will be rereading before the 20th as well!! Back to The Score for me!
Ok, finally caught up with comments. Been MIA last few days. RL getting in the way of my reading time! 🙁
Finished The Score. I *had* to re-read/skim the previous 2 books first to remind myself about the characters/events and about Dean and once I looked at the books I got sucked in to re-reading them again. 😉 Loved this book. Dean, Dean, Dean- what an interesting, more layered than the bad-boy manwhore I thought he was from the previous books. Had funny (OMG the bathroom scene-LOL), sad and real life situations that the previous books did not encounter and a different kind of ending. Now anxiously awaiting Tucker’s book. 😉
Now Alessandra Torre’s anthology than maybe Aced…
I stayed up and finished The Score last night too. For maybe the millionth time, I’m going today how much I love Elle Kennedy’s books. Every time I read one I feel like I’ve gone on a happy holiday.
Does anyone else think the last section in The Score was too fast. With what happened, his reaction, her reaction to his reaction, and then the wrap up?
It wasn’t too fast for me Bev. Though I truly hated what happened.
I read the prologue to The Prince this morning. Umph! That’s a solid punch coming right off of happy The Score.
Bev, can I trust you not to pull an Amy on me? Or a Teri since she also tore my heart out with The Locker Room.
Just a nit pick. Overall read The Score with a smile on my face.
The first book is dark. But the trilogy isn’t done yet so have no clue how it will end. Start my re-read after work.
Finally finished Skinwalker by Faith Hunter. OMG, so good. A little slow in some places, but the story itself and characters? Awesome. Some of the slow was world building and comprehending the main character. I LOVED when she became ‘Beast’. Now, I want the next book!
*goes through Kindle* Now what to read?
I’m reading Bully by Penelope Douglas…
Oooooooooooh! Tell me what you think when you’re done, Grey. *holds heart* I adore Jared.
It’s a re-read, but first line Thursday:
‘Whoever told me life was easy- lied.’
Elite by Rachel Van Dyken
After two and a half days of trying to get into Captive Prince I give up!! Don’t get the appeal…at all.
This is why I think it doesn’t work for me……
Its Archeron style historical fantasy….I just don’t like historical anything.
I had to keep flicking backwards and forwards to work out who ALL the characters….with frustrating Greek style names were.
Its M/M….beside Blay and Quinn which I think was a fluke Im just not into M/M. No connection with the MCs at all.
I found myself getting to the end of chapters to discover my mind had wandered to my shopping list and I had no idea what I’d read…a sure sign I’m not getting into it.
All totally personal reasons.
So sorry Bev and Co. I feel like a failure…but I have 400 plus books in my tbr list Im dying to read. So no time to persevere with books Im not loving.
Weeellll, I just started Captive Prince this morning and I’m only at 9%. But I tend to like historical as well as mm, so…
first line Thursday
“We hear that your Prince,” said Lady Jokaste, “keeps his own harem.”
not a bad first line for Thursday huh? a bit titillating
Fabi Im glad youre enjoying it. The writing is exceptionsl and doesn’t read like a fanfic which is how I think it started out.
But I just couldnt get into it. You know when your checking every few pages to see how much longer til the end of a chapter or the end of the book.
I *have* to read I am Pilgram for my RL book club by next Tuesday and that was hanging over my head too..maybe I’ll try again later.
Lisa, I totally get it. There have been a couple of books that everyone raves about that I couldn’t get into. As much as our tastes match around here, we are still individuals. 🙂
This week so far I’ve read “The Score,” which I LOVED! The boys in that series are just… Yum! *sigh*
Next was “Ricochet” and talk about doing a 180! Whew that book is not for the light hearted, but with that cover and blurb?! Couldn’t resist! Another one off my TBR list. It was fantastic, but has some graphic violence, so beware if that’s not your thing. Me? I’m more HBO than Lifetime. It had me on the edge of my seat! LOVED IT! Shared it with my hubby and he was impressed!
Still continuing Chicagoland Vampire series. I just love paranormal books, but man do they blow the budget! I so desperately want to start “First Grave on the Right,” but the series is a little expensive. Sometimes girls, sacrifices must be made for the greater good! Ramen noodles it is! Lol 😉
I just saw about Alan Rickman. 🙁
Lisa, I’m sorry it didn’t work for you. But don’t worry about it. I dnf all the time. And now we know a bit more about what works and doesn’t work for you.
Finished Bully. *Squee* ah, nothing like a jerk face to make a Thursday evening.
Any clairvoyants among us? I am literally sick over the loss of my amazon gift cards… I had big plans! I want to read the score like you all did. Wahhhh!
OK. Done pouting… Sorta! Is it lendable being so new?
First line Thursday…
“Cole!” I scream, curling my fingers around the edge of the counter. – Break Even by Lisa De Jong
Read Alessandra Torre’s short for Hollywood Dirt. Quick, fun read, but of course would have loved to have had more.
First line thursday:
“RY?” I CALL HER NAME the minute I clear the top of the stairs.” Aced (The Driven Series Book 5) by K. Bromberg. Back in the world of Colton & Rylie. Thought this was going to be similar to The Storm but it’s had a little twist of a twist. Not sure if I’m feeling it yet, although only at 20%.
Grey sorry about the gift card, nothing pisses me off more than to lose “money.” The Score is loanable- I just loaned it to a friend or I would loan it to you. I think Amazon is like Goodreads, can only loan a book one time. 🙁
Hi ladies! RL has kept me stupid busy…I need to catch up on comments and the latest reader’s favorites posts. I’m having a late supper (shredded beef quesadillas with cilantro-garlic sauce, yummy!) then breaking open a bottle of pinot grigio, catching up with you Chatty Cathys and jumping back into Unhinge. Speaking of…
“Love holds so many secrets.” ~ Unhinge by Calia Read
Oh! Did I tell y’all about the crazy dream I had a few days ago involving me naked and a bunch of our book BF’s?? Yeah, it’s not as sexy as it sounds. *cringes* I don’t want to repeat myself if I already did, and I’m too lazy to go back and see if I already told you guys about it…
Aw Lisa don’t worry about it! Its happened to me too with books everyone seems to love except me lol We all have different taste in books 😉
Faby I agree! I love Elle’s books so much!!
Grey I loved Break Even! There’s a few great twists.
I am still reading Sebring and loving it! Nick is amazing! After this I am reading Debt by Nina G. Jones.
Amy I don’t think you’ve told us about your dream. You know you have to now. 🙂
Grey, I sent you a message on Goodreads. I didn’t lend it yet so I can loan it to you.
Finished Sebring and loved it! Nick was so great! KA never disappoints!
Bev, I’m at 40% in Captive Prince and I gotta tell you, I hate Laurent…with a passion. If he’s supposed to be redeemed later on I can’t imagine what it would take to do so. Really, no kidding, I hate him.
Fabi, I’m only at 15%. I am curious as to what I will feel about him this go around.
Fabi, how is the book working for you?
Um….no, Amy, you have not.:O
Well Bev, like I said, I hate Laurent. His court is full of weasels. I’m praying for Damen but that seems like a useless prayer. He’s so f****d.
I’m so into this book, I just want to talk and talk and talk about it. :-/
I’m so glad Fabi. 🙂
I like how much of an enigma Laurent is. And trying to figure out how much he knows and how many plans he has in action. They are so different in their personalities.
Ooohhh perfect quote
“Laurent was a nest of scorpions in the body of one person. Torveld looked at him and saw a buttercup.”
Finished Captive Prince and moving to book 2. The plot is too intriguing for me to stop. I do agree with Fabi that finding anything positive about Laurent is beyond difficult but his growth so far is promising. I enjoy how nothing is spelled out but very subtle and read between the lines. Overall Bev, there’s a lot I like and some I didn’t so volume 1 got 3*. I’m certainly curious enough to keep going and if some aspects come together this next book could be awesome.
Michelle, you read so fast! You were a couple of books behind me just a day or two ago and now you’re a book ahead of me. I’m jealous. I never thought pleasure reading speed would be a factor in my life, but now, with all the books I want to read, I really wish I read faster.
Before I forget, what was that ghost series that y’all raved about (Maryse, you REALLY loved it)…I know I bought at least a couple of the books but I can’t for the life of me remember the name of it…
Okay, my dream…I had taken a sleeping pill IRL, and those always make me have the most vivid and realistic-feeling dreams. You know how sometimes in dreams you *know* you’re in a dream? Well, not when I take a sleeping pill. Anyways, I’ve missed my long hair since I last chopped it off so in my dream my hair was down to my waist which was great, until I realized I could feel my hair brushing my bare a$$. In other words, I was walking around this beautiful hotel lobby buck naked like Lady f&%king Godiva. That was bad enough and then I noticed that about a dozen of our book boyfriends were in the lobby as well. And I KNEW who they were because they looked like how I pictured them when reading their stories…Tristan, Travis, Christian, Kellan, even freaking Lahn, they were all there. And then, and THEN I was looking for something to cover up with but the only thing I could find was books…THEIR books. So I’m trying to cover up my girls (who gravity has been cruel to) and my Brazilian-less lady bits and my dimpled a$$ with all of these books while our book guys were watching. And it felt SO REAL. It was horrible!
I don’t think I’ve ever been so relieved to wake up and realize I was just dreaming. 😛
Lol Amy! That’s hysterical!
Been so busy this week too! Missed first line Thursday, but wanted to share this tidbit. I’m reading Walk of Shame by Andrea Smith. H and h are both in college. She’s a server at a bar and he’s a frat brat hockey player. He’s flirting with her relentlessly and then says, “Hey Payton, what to hear a joke about my d*ck…….never mind, it’s too long” And she comes back with, “Want to hear a joke about my pu$$y…..never mind, you won’t get it!” haha… That cracked me up!
LOL Jean!! I want to “like” your comment but I can’t. *grumbles*
That was pretty clever!!!! 😛
oh Amy, that’s funny and horrible all at once
Jean ROTFL that is so perfect! I have that book and have been meaning to read it forever.
Amy and Jean, you both have me laughing here!
Ok I’ve been clobbered a little by vol 2 already. The pace, the interplay, the dialogue, the action all equal a HUGE improvement. Can’t put it down! I knew there was more here and sooo glad I continued on after feeling a little neutral about the first book. Yeyyyy Bev 😀
LOL Jean!!! Those lines are hysterical!!
*snicker* See ladies…even when I’m asleep I have book guys on the brain. 😉
omg Amy you didn’t tell your hubby about that dream did you?
Bev, I’m at 80% of Captive Prince. I love it I adore it, I want so more of it. I’ll have to go directly to book 2. I wish I’d read these closer to the release date of book 3.
Oh, and I was right. There is a resemblance to Measure of Devotion, one of my all time favorite reads.
Fabi, the next book is soooo good! Everything that was missing or I wanted more of in the first, is here in spades! Squeee you are going to love love it if you already love vol 1!
Oh no WAY was I telling him, Fabi. LOL!!
haaaaa he may have asked for a reenactment and there you are with only a Kindle to use as a coverup
You are all WAY ahead of me. I will finish the Score tonight. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long. Just a busy week. So far it’s my fave in that series. He is the perfect book boyfriend. Every time he opens his mouth I fall harder for him. That’s what I want in a fluff book – good banter. I don’t LOVE her, but she’s okay enough.
Then – I am on to Captive Prince. I am hoping I have a Fabi reaction to it. I need a good read for my long weekend.
Amy – Lahn with that crew? LOL – he soooooo doesn’t fit in with that group of guys. What was he wearing? Warlord attire?
You know when I think of my book boyfriends? Every stinkin’ time I hear than Maroon5 song “Animals”. I’m such a perv. I picture one of my hot scenes from a recent book.
He was wearing a freaking loincloth. *snort* Hey, it made sense in the dream.
Amy – I am hoping that Lahn was really just Jason Momoa – right? In that case, parade around naked with your waste-length hair all you want!
MichelleS, “Animal” is that the one where Adam howls like a wolf? If so, PERFECT
Jason Momoa…ohhhhhhhh man. Man oh man.
Isn’t he with Lisa Bonet?
He can Bonet me anytime. 😛
Im with you Amy…he is hot hot hot…sheeesh. I was devastated when Carl Draga was written out of Game of Thrones….he was the best thing on the whole program and he fidn’t even need to utter a word. *frantically fans self*
Tessa… if I was having more children, I would name one after you! I am going to get to read The Score today. Still cannot find my Amazon gift cards, I still want to vomit over the whole thing. 50 bucks… just poof , gone. makes me literally ill! Gah! I keep hoping they will just show up, but that hope is slowly dying.. *bangs head against desk*
Amy… oh girl, that’s awesome!!! I can just picture Lahn in with that crew… *giggle* *snort* he’s looking for Circe, “she’s *your* friend, you deal with her*.
Jean, that first line sounds amazeballs and totally up my alley, is that a new release?
Again, thank you Tessa! XOXO
Grey, it actually wasn’t my first line. It was like 6% into the book. It’s a spinoff series from Andrea Smith’s G-Man series, which I haven’t read yet, but this book is good so far!
I read the G-man series. It was awesome!!! I will be adding the spinoff series to my tbr list!!
This weekend I read Sebring by Kristen Ashley!! It was amazing, like every single one of her books I’ve read!!! How can you not fall in love with Nick!! I also read The Score by Elle Kennedy. Could not put it down as usual with her books!! Love this series!! I love books that make you laugh, cry, swoon & fan yourself !! The next one should be very interesting!!!!
0.0 I’m not sure if that’s a nightmare, Amy. You’re welcome Grey! 😀 Everyone should read that bathroom scene. You’ll find that card when you least expect it. That’s happened to me before.
Grey!!! Found them!! Your gift cards were in my dream! They were inside a book under a pile of papers in my home office.
Don’t you hate it when you can’t find something….you keep looking in the same places just hoping it materializes from the last time you looked. I do it with sunglasses and keys. FYI the sunglasses are usually on my head…the last place I look. Hope they turn up and weren’t tossed with a heap of Xmas wrapping.