GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY EVERYONE!! 😀 65+ to choose from (a few by some of our favorite authors, like that one to the left AND yesterday’s earlybird list had some HUGE surprises too (Vi Keeland’s latest HUGE hit – Sex, Not Love – skyrocketed up the Amazon charts)!!!
Also, If you missed it, my ➔ Maryse’s Top Twenty Five Favorite Books of 2017 list is up!! 😀
And then there’s THIS book by one of our very own, RIGHT HERE on the the blog called Waiting for the Sun by Robin Hill (it’s R’s book!!), and our crew is LOVING IT! ➔➔➔➔➔➔
Lisa: Waiting For The Sun….it’s so good!!! Everyone MUST read it! Frankie is so darn adorable (much like our very own Robin Hill), and Darian is…well, Darian is swoon…thud!!!
Leslie M: Guess what I read today and LOVED??? Waiting for the Sun!! I was lucky enough to get an ARC and it was fabulous. …I have quite the book hangover. After two recent 5 stars (Waiting for the Sun & Behind the Bars) I just can’t figure out what to read. *grumble* Everything I try is boring me.
Jean: I’m reading Waiting For The Sun! You guys! Robin is giving me the feels we’d get from our old school books! So well written and ready to get my heart torn apart! I keep thinking….”this is our Robin who wrote this?” Awesome!
Leslie M: Jean, I was thinking same exact thing! I knew I would like the story, but I didn’t expect a debut author to be so… (not sure of right word) “polished”! I was shocked that our little Robin wrote those steamy love scenes!! *waggles eyebrows* R., you do in fact belong to us!! Don’t forget it either. Especially when you are all famous.
Tessa: I can’t wait to get my hands on Waiting for the Sun. I’m just practicing patience until then.
Jan: Waiting For The Sun sounds sooo good. From our wonderful Robin. Looking forward to that too.
P.S. Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s awesome surprises! ➔ Monday Earlybird Book Releases :D!!!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Sex, Not Love by VI Keeland
- A Treacherous Curse by Angele Masters
- My Protector: Bewitched and Bewildered, Book 2 by Alanea Alder
- A Merciful Secret: Mercy Kilpatrick, Book 3 by Kendra Elliot
- Down by Contact: Barons Series, Book 2 by Santino Hassell
- Delivered Through the Storm by Wen Ross
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.)
- My Torin by K. Webster <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!!! The latest by K. Webster was released just a few days ago!! She’s been unaccepted in her life until she meets the gorgeous mad with the sad eyes that wants her to go with him… “...I leave with him because there’s no happiness here. What he promises feels too good to be true… A castle. A fortune. And horses too. It’s too easy. Nothing in my life has ever been easy. What’s the catch? There’s always a catch.”
- Namesake by Kate Stradling <— FANTASY ALERT!! “Who needs magic in an age of electricity? I can flip the switch on the wall with the best of them.” and Danylle recommends it!
Danylle: I can not say enough good things about this book. It was amazing! Magic, adventure, and love. I really recommend this book.
- Stray (Touchstone Book 1) by Andrea K. Host <— SLOW BURN SCI-FI ALERT!!! Danylle also recommends this!
Danylle: This series has the slow burn of all slow burn romances. It’s about a girl who accidentally steps through a portal into an abandoned world. She’s eventually saved by a squad of elite soldiers and taken to an occupied world. Don’t let how this book is told in diary form deter you. It gets better, I promise. It was one epic adventure. I adored this series.
- Dirt (Evergreen Series Book 1) by Cassia Leo <— CASSIA LEO RECENT RELEASE ALERT! MARITAL STRIFE SO SHE LEAVES HER HUSBAND & MEETS HER NEW NEIGHBOR… “...My new neighbor — hot, tattooed ex-soldier Isaac Evans — is complicated. Nevertheless, we form a fast friendship, bonding over our mutual desire to create something beautiful from the wreckage of our lives. But despite the distance between us, Jack and I are still trying to make things work—fighting and f**king dirtier than ever. And he doesn’t appreciate my new friendship with Isaac. Not one f**king bit.”
- Raising the Dead (Soul Broker Book 2) by D. B. Sieders
- Alien Alphas: Twenty-Three Naughty Sci-Fi Romance Novellas
- The Myth Manifestation (SPI Files Book 5) by Lisa Shearin
- Iron Will (The Shifting Tides Book 4) by James Maxwell
- Reign of Ash (The Chosen Book 2) by Meg Anne
- The Jaguar Bodyguard: Howls Romance (Tales of the Were: Jaguar Island Book 2) by Bianca D’Arc
- Wild Prince (Takhini Shifters Book 4) by Vivian Arend
- Dangerous Mating (An A.L.F.A. Novel) by Milly Taiden
- Awakened By Flames: A Hot Paranormal Dragon Shifter Saga (Hidden Realms of Silver Lake Book 1) by Vella Day
- Thayer – The Complete 2-Part Serial: An Alpha Shifter Romance (The Silver Moon Pack Book 3) by Cali MacKay
- The Lunar Effect (The Ayla St. John Chronicles Book 1) by C.J. Pinard
- Payback: An Unintended Consequences Romantic Suspense by Jessica Dale
- Past of Shadows (The Three Realms Book 1) by Colleen Connally
- The Bitterroot Inn (Jamison Valley Book 5) by Devney Perry <— SINGLE MOM HAS REBUILT HER LIFE… “…when a handsome stranger walks into the lobby of her motel, her simple life is swept up in a wave of affection for his gentle heart. None of those feelings can be trusted, though. She made that mistake before with another man. The man she murdered...”
- Silenced by Sugar (Cookies & Chance Mysteries Book 5) by Catherine Bruns
- Sam’s Surrender (Hearts & Heroes Book 4) by Elle James
- Running Blind (Men of Steele Book 4) by Gwen Hernandez
- Broken Circle (A Gray Ghost Novel Book 1) by Amy McKinley
- Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun Book 1) by Robin Hill <— WRITTEN BY SOMEONE IN OUR CREW & MUCH-LOVED ALREADY!!! Our very own and beloved and best book-buddie “R” just released this!!! OMG I am so freaking excited. Here’s just a snippet if the blurb: “…she made a promise to her late father to come out of her shell and live a little. When her best friend bails on their annual girls’ trip, she vows to do just that, but her plan is foiled when the hotel loses her reservation. Alone and stranded in Austin, Texas during one of the world’s largest music festivals, she’s rescued by a mysterious stranger, and an unexpected friendship blossoms…”
- Buttons and Grace by Penelope Sky
- Protected by the Lawman (Lawmen of Wyoming Book 1) by Rhonda Lee Carver
- Fireworks of Love (The Armstrongs Book 13) by Jessica Gray
- Salvation in Chaos (CKMC Book 1) by Linny Lawless
- The Fake Boyfriend and the Geek (Gone Geek Book 6) by Sidney Bristol <— HE’S HER FAKE BOYFRIEND!! “…Piper Erin is a woman on a mission to heal herself. After launching a successful career, she’s turning her attention to a more personal level. She’s done watching her friends fall in love. Piper wants to become a woman worthy of falling in love with, but she needs practice going through the motions. The only person for the job is the one man she can’t forget...”
- Backslide 2 by Keith Thomas Walker
- Cross Stroke (On The Edge Book 1) by Elizabeth Hartey
- Headmaster (Lessons from the Rack) by Tara Sue Me
- Sky’s the Limit (Doomsday preppers Book 1) by Elle Aycart <— MOUNTAIN MAN RESCUES HER IN A SNOWSTORM… “...Logan should have dodged the little lost waif and kept on driving. Who in their right mind walked in the middle of the road, dressed in white from head to high heels, during a snowstorm? Clueless city girls, that’s who. Sky is all that Logan has gladly left behind: stylish, cosmopolitan, and a massive pain in the butt. He wouldn’t trade a single day in his quirky little corner of the woods for all the high-maintenance beauties the city can offer. Too bad this beauty has been deemed a health hazard and quarantined in his house. Damn his doomsday-prepper neighbors and their paranoid emergency protocols. Now he has to keep Sky in and the pandemic squad out until the roads are clear...”
- Can’t Let Her Go (Nashville Dreams) by Sandy James <— SHE’S A FAMOUS COUNTRY STAR & HE DOESN’T WANT TO BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT... “...Chelsea Harris’s meteoric rise up the charts and string of celebrity boyfriends mean that wherever she goes, the paparazzi follow. A duet with Nashville’s favorite son is exactly what her new charity album needs, but when she approaches Ethan, he turns her down flat. To win the camera-shy cowboy over, Chelsea will have to approach him on his terms. Trouble is, the more time she spends on his farm, the more Ethan wants to keep her there.”
- Indiscretions of a God (Porn Star Boyfriend Book 3) by Sunniva Dee
- Stealing the Biker’s Heart (Dogs of Fire: Savannah Chapter Book 2) by Piper Davenport
- Sweet Magnolia (A Charleston Harbor Novel Book 2) by Debbie White
- On the Edge (Blue Spruce Lodge Book 1) by Dani Collins
- #Starstruck (A #Lovestruck Novel) by Sariah Wilson <— SHE TWEETS A FAMOUS STAR AND HE RESPONDS!!! “With one uncharacteristically sassy tweet to her longtime celebrity crush, Zoe Miller’s life turns upside down. Ultrahot A-lister Chase Covington doesn’t just respond to Zoe’s tweet, he does the unthinkable: he messages Zoe directly. Now she must decide between walking away or meeting her crush in person…“
- Almost Paradise (Book 4) by Christie Ridgway
- High Tide (Grayton Series Book 6) by Jill Sanders
- Wait, You Did What? by T. A. Moorman
- Making Angel (Mariani Crime Family Book 2) by Harley Stone
- Total Exposure: Jordan’s Game by J.A. Huss <— J.A. HUSS ALERT!!! HE’S A MASTER… “Not everyone needs a master. Not everyone needs to really live, either. Some people are content to be a participant in the game of life. Others want to play for real. If you want to play for real, come to me, lovely. I’ll give you that little push you need…”
- Saturdays at Sweeney’s (Sweeney Sisters Series) by Ashley Farley
- A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick Book 3) by Kendra Elliot
- Rescuing Casey (Delta Force Heroes Book 7) by Susan Stoker
- Tempt Me (Bachelor Bad Boys Book 2) by Carly Phillips <— THE SINGLE DAD AND THE NANNY ALERT!!! “Burned by an ex with a wandering eye, Austin Rhodes has sworn off women. His sole focus is his young daughter – and despite his good intentions, the little girl’s live-in nanny…“
- Bring Him Home: Special Forces #3 by Karina Bliss
- On Pointe: MacLaine Girls novella 1 (The MacLaine Girls) by Shelly Ellis
- Down On Me (Man of the Month Book 1) by J. Kenner <— SHE’S HIS BEST FRIEND… “...she’s been his best friend for years, and that’s a line he just can’t cross. Until one wild kiss on a dark night changes everything. Now Reece is certain Jenna’s meant to be his...”
- Being Graves: A Club Irons Novel by Drew Sera
- Leveled (Blue Bay Crew) by Cathryn Fox <— HE’S WORKING ON HER COTTAGE... “...Kylee is tired of being the obedient daughter, and Jamie—shirtless, in a tool belt—is the perfect opportunity to do something for herself, so she hires Blue Bay Construction to work on her cottage. Their hot summer days turn scorching until it’s revealed that Kylee has ties to Jamie’s dark past, forcing them to decide if their dreams, and their relationship, are worth fighting for…”
- GONE (The Body Hunters Book 1) by Kathleen Long
- A SEAL’s Honor (Military Match) by JM Stewart
- My Kinda Mess (Summer Sisters Book 4) by Lacey Black <— HIS NEIGHBOR CHANGES HIS OUTLOOK... “…He doesn’t need anyone or anything. But that all changes the moment he meets his sexy, feisty neighbor, Lexi. When fates collide, two people on separate paths suddenly find themselves traveling the same road…”
- The Restaurateur (Trillionaire Boys’ Club Book 9) by Aubrey Parker
- Deadly Deception (Rogue Security) by Marissa Garner
- Quest For A Popstar (Reality Romance Book 1) by Katie Hamstead
- Broken Clocks by Danielle Allen <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…We were a little older, a little wiser, when our paths crossed again. I was entering a new phase of independence in both my career and my life. He was growing professionally and moving to a new city. And even though our timing was off, it was still clear that we were soulmates. But for the second time, circumstances out of our control cut our time short. My grandma was a wise woman, but my love life taught me that there’s no such thing as perfect timing. There’s just timing… Because nothing is perfect...”
- Sweet Indulgence (A Charleston Harbor Novel Book 1) by Debbie White
- Mr. Accidental Hero: Jeremy (Jet City Matchmaker Book 1) by Gina Robinson
- All for Love – Prequel: The Road to Romance (All Series (Road Series) Book 0) by Natalie Ann
- HOT SEAL Bride (HOT SEAL Team – Book 4) by Lynn Raye Harris <— NAVY SEAL RESCUES HER & FAKE-MARRIES HER… “...today is her wedding day. A rich sheikh has bought her virginity, and with it her freedom. Any hope of independence Ella’s ever cherished will disappear the instant she faces him across the altar. With time running out and the wedding party gathering, Ella seizes the opportunity to run as far and fast as she can...”
- Attack Zone (Murder on Ice Mysteries Book 1) by Jennifer Rebecca
- Seduction on the Slopes: Snow & Ice Games by Tamsen Parker
- Down by Contact (The Barons) by Santino Hassell <— M/M ROMANCE!!! SANTINO HASSELL’S LATEST SPORTS STAR ROMANCE!! “…Though they were once teammates, Adrián views Simeon as a traitor and the number-one name on the New Jersey Predators’ shit list. When animosity between the two NFL players reaches a boiling point on the field, culminating in a dirty fist fight, they’re both benched for six games and sentenced to joint community service teaching sullen, Brooklyn teens how to play ball. At first, they can barely stand to be in the same room, but running the camp forces them to shape up...”
- Beneath This Mask (Enhanced World Book 3) by Victoria Sue <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Fighting Addiction by BA Tortuga <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- The Preacher’s Son by J.A. Rock and Lisa Henry <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- Bad for You (Dirty Deeds) by J. Daniels – January 23rd 2018
- Undefeated by Jane Harvery-Berric and Stuart Reardon – January 23rd 2018
- Here Comes the Sun (Butler, Vermont Series Book 3) by Marie Force – January 23rd 2018
- Respect: An Infidelity Stand-alone Novel by Aleatha Romig – January 23rd 2018
- Pretty Ugly Lies by Pamela Crane – January 23rd 2018
- Angel’s Halo: Fallen Angel (Angel’s Halo MC Book 6) by Terri Anne Browning – January 23rd 2018
- Judgment Road (Torpedo Ink) by Christine Feehan – January 23rd 2018
- Keep Her Safe: A Novel by K.A. Tucker – January 23rd 2018
- Still Me: A Novel by Jojo Moyes – January 23rd 2018
- xo, Zach by Kendall Ryan – January 23rd 2018
- Falling Under: a Walker Security standalone novel by Lisa Renee Jones – January 23rd 2018
- Love Me Like This: The Morrisons by Bella Andre – January 24th 2018
Thank you Maryse!!! And look I’m first! Woop woop!
Happy release day, Robin!! We’re so happy for you!!
I just bought an official copy of Waiting for the Sun. 🙂
Congrats Robin! You did it!!
*beams with pride*
Me too, Leslie!
MY DEAREST ROBIN! WOOT HOOT! CONGRATS, IM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU AND HAPPY TO SHARE IN YOUR BIG RELEASE! Smooches and hugs! *hands Robin a special release day mimosa*
HAPPY RELEASE DAY ROBIN!!!!!!! :D!!!!
I’ve been waiting in the cold for Waiting In The Sun! And it’s finally here! Congrats Robin!
Thanks guys! I needed that mimosa! We popped the champagne last night when it went live in the UK! 😆 And I ordered a paperback to be here today but the high is in the 20s and the roads are all iced over! :’-(
*tosses all the glitter and confetti* Congratulations Robin!!! I am sooo super proud of you!!! I promise to get my review up on Goodreads and Amazon later today, I am flying around like a complete nut with no lunch and no breaks today (no coverage) but I am sending all my good thoughts your way for a most excellent debut day! Xoxox!
Congrats, Robin for “Waiting for the Sun’ breaking the Top 100 in contemporary romance fiction on Amazon!
Eeeeppp!!! Thank you!
Congrats R! 😀
Hi I tried ordering your book on amazon buts its says unavailable? I’m exited to read it!
Hope everyone is doing well. I’ve missed all of you.
I’ll pop in later to chat, but I have some catching up to do on the last several posts. 😉
Ok grammar people, 2nd grade homework question. I’m usually really good at this stuff, but: The prefix sub means under, so the word subscribe means? I do know what subscribe means, but how does it fit here?
Tasha–sub=under scribe=write >subscribe=underwrite
Is that what you needed?
Leila–are you talking about Waiting for the Sun? If so, is it still unavailable for you? It’s available for me when I look at it.
That is interesting Tasha. It does say to sign ones name underneath. I guess if you break it up like that with the scribe it does. I’ve never thought of it in those terms. Like using your signature on a contract, maybe?
Tasha–sorry, I meant to add that when you have to look up words like that, google ‘etymology of ___________’
Never thought of it in those terms either. Thank you Nay, I felt like that one was a riddle and I’d have never put it together like that either.
Who was it that said they loved hot tamales…Tessa?? There are hot and spicy cinnamon Oreos out now for whoever is willing to give em a try! 😉
Tasha, I saw those the other day! I have to run by the store later, and I’m going to brave it and pick some up. If nothing else, they look pretty. *snort*
You know what I’m NOT going to have to be brave about trying? The blonde Oreos with chocolate-hazelnut filling. In other words, NUTELLA!!!!
Oooh, yum, Amy!
I love cinnamon candy too. Hot tamales, red hots, big red….but Oreos?
I think not.
I’ve become obsessed with red hots. But not the name brand ones. There’s a generic brand that’s softer. Yumm!
We have the red hot oreos…they are delish. Its like cinnamon & chocolate heaven.
OMG my neighbor came over and brought me red hots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!
R. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I BOUGHT MY COPY!!
I forgot how much I enjoy a western romance. I always like O’Connell’s heroines too. Maybe it will help me out of my slump and I will go on a western kick.
Thank you!! Just wrapped up the takeover! Woop woop!
Subscribe eh? I’m thinking “under write” like when you sign up for something, subscribe to a magazine, you’re basically in a “contract” of sorts. And if you subscribe to an ideology, you “sign on” sort of, you’re in agreement with an idea… yes?
It’s so dang cold here in Texas! Good news… I am almost done with Drive. My heart is split in two! Ugh.
MichelleS…right?!? Talk about being torn in two. 😥 They both were equally desirable in their own unique ways, and (as I’ve said before) her love for one was never diminished by her love for the other.
Very rarely has an author pulled that off with me. The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is the Dark Elements series by Jennifer Armentrout. Holy moly, my heart was bursting while breaking when she finally chose.
Okay, verdict on the Red Hots Oreos is they are YUMMY…in a weird way that works. *shrug*
But do I want bev to try them and dislike them and then have that on my conscience?
I think not. 😕
Amy… did you see the Tide Pods Oreos? 😉 There’s a meme of it as if it’s a real flavor coming out. *snort*
It looks good, but does it taste good?
I think not. 😕
bev…I’m in a bit of a slump myself. It seems like every time I start something new, I end up getting irritated or bored and DNF’ing it.
Here’s to both of us hopefully getting out of our slumps soon… *raises Red Hots Oreo*
I’m in a bit of a slump too… but it may just be because for the last 3 weeks I’ve been with my sister and we’ve been cooking, and chatting non stop. It’s amazing how much we can find to talk about. FOR THREE. WHOLE. WEEKS!!!! 😛
Tonight… I READ!!!!!!
I am contagious. I need to go into quarantine.
Yeah, I read today but in small bits. I am trying not to push too hard.
There hasn’t one disappoint from this blog and I love all members recommendations as well so seeing that one of our own wrote a book I would read it just because. Seeing there are great reviews really gets me excited. Can’t wait to read it robin.
Liz!!! YAY I’m so glad you’re with us, and loving the same books we do.
I can’t wait to read Robin’s, too!!! 😀
Finished. It was amazing Robin. It gave me all feels. When you heart drops to your stomach that is my epitome of a 5 star… oh the angst.
Of corse I hate the cliff hanger I am not good with the part twos or threes. I should have waited until it was complete. Please tell me it will be out soon. I will need to read it again before the second book is released. Everyone who didn’t buy the book run now get it. It will worth it guys. I’ll have to wait for my review after I digest it. I just stayed up all night bl I couldn’t put it down. I have to get up in an hour for work. Power nap or suffer through the day.
Congratulations Robin on your new book!!! Love the cover!! I’ve got it on my tbr list!!! I’m not jealous of your talent at all!! Nope not. At. All!!! Xoxo
Book slump? Just read Nancy’s top recommendation Unloved!!! Amazing!! Thank you Nancy.
bev…if you’re contagious then I am, too. Off we go to the quarantine blankie fort until we’re free and clear of book slumpitis.
Linda, are you talking about Unloved by Katy Regnery? I have that one and have heard all kinds of good buzz about it.
My sister left back to Montreal today. Can I snuggle with you guys too?
*eyes can of lysol*
Thank you Liz and Linda!!
And we have a unicorn folks! It snowed and STUCK last night! *throws hats and mittens in the air*
Just talking about May/Dec books.
Which I LIKE.
What is the age span to qualify?
And swear that I then opened my Spotify and it was on this song from when I shuffled last night.
But again…..I do like the trope. Not saying anything bad about it.
To the best of my knowledge, May/December is a romance between someone who is in their ‘spring’ of life with someone who is in the ‘winter’ of their life (their senior years).
When I think of May/December, I think of the 70’s/80’s when age differences in romance *used* to be shocking. I wasn’t even aware the term was used anymore with so much diversity in relationships these days. It would have to be at least a 25-30 year age difference to bring that term to my mind, if at all. .
The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders is on sale for 1.99. 😀
*opens arms for Maryse*
You know I’m ALWAYS up for snuggles.
And the only thing I’m contagious with (along with bev) is the book slumps. 😉
Oh wait, you’ve already been exposed. LOL!
*googles Tide Pods Oreos*
I. THINK. NOT.
Maryse–it sounds like you and your sister had so much fun!
Tide pod Oreos! Hilarious and ick.
I’m adding Nutella Oreos to the grocery list for tomorrow now- thanks. Lol I just got done ripping on my husband a few days ago bc every time he goes to the grocery, he comes home with a butt load of junk and I don’t want it in the house.
No, it’s used. It’s a trope.
Even in the kdramas the older woman is popular and it’s a Noona romance. So that’s the name for that trope.
I read the Unwanted Wife. I liked it partly because it reminded me of old Harlequin romances. I used to love those. I could find ones written in like the 70s….so fun. Or even older.
So…did your sister remind you to read To Tell the Truth before she left?
bev… she did not remind me. We can blame her?!! 😀
I love that May/December trope, too, Bev. Any Recs there? I think Torn & September were the last ones I read and loved!
Nutella Oreos? They have those? Nutella and anything works for me (pretzels are my fave).
I’m hot off the heels of Drive, a rock star romance, so I’m thinking of diving right in to Waiting for the Sun… Austin & music…. keep that theme going.
Drive was awesome. You all were right. Glad I saw it on everyone’s list! Tough, tough choice. I loved them both. Like Amy said, doesn’t happen often. I always pick a guy… Ranger, Kade, usually the bad boy.
*wades through piles of glitter to hug Robyn* CONGRATULATIONS!! Wow. Spectacular achievement! I’ve got my official copy and started it 😀 😀 😀 And Darian is CUTE! 😉
*hugs Maryse* I miss my sister too.
Red hot Oreos? What is this thing? Apart from the normal ones, we occasionally have vanilla and I think I’ve seen banana or something weird? But RED HOT? WTAH? Nutella?? Tide pod oreos? Is that real? (I had to google what a tide pod is.) I’m dry-retching now.
Yes Amy. Unloved by Katy Regnery. Loved it so hard!!!
Thank you Jan!! I love him. He’s my dream boy. Most of the time! 😀
You had to google tide pods? Don’t you have pods down unda?? 😛 Oreos have all kinds of different flavors come out all the time…pb & j, mint, pb, birthday cake, fruity pebbles, all kinds of seasonal flavors. They’re not all out at once though. I don’t usually eat Oreos a whole lot and when I do, it’s regular or golden. But it’s fun to see all the diff. flavors.
I want to read R’s book so bad!! I started a little Tuesday and was really enjoying it, but I’ve been crazy busy and haven’t had a chance to really read.
Michelle, forgive me if we already discussed this and I forgot, but have you read Tiffany Snow Corrupted Hearts series? Blane AND Kade make an appearance!! (I heart Kade)
Anyway, if you are looking for an emotional read that is music themed, Behind the Bars by Brittainy Cherry was gutt wrenchingly fabulous!
Yeah we do have the equivalent of tide pods down here but I’m not sure what they called. I don’t use them and have never really looked much at them. But I’ve never heard that term in use here. I’d probably just call them washing powder pods or laundry pods.
I’d like to try some of the crazy oreo flavours 😀 but not red hot and not tide pods lol. Or sushi. Seriously?
I wish I had a sister and that she loved swoony romance novels.
*waves* Congrats Robin!! 🙂
You all joke about that Pod Oreo, but some less than brilliant teens thought to make the Tide challenge that is actually it. They take the pod and it eat it, showing off on Facebook. It’s STUPID and dangerous. smh Kids are dumb sometimes.
That said, I went to read Brave Line and apparently read it already. That’s why I need real info in blurbs! lol I was shocked to see it say 100% and four-star when I got it from KU. I decided the next one off Maryse’s list will be Darkest Sunrise.
Then, went to read Rock On from my Secret Santa. I guess I’ve read that before too. It must have been a borrow. I still read it, though, because I enjoyed it the first time and truly remembered the story. 🙂 Now to get the third book, (and probably find out again I have ready it. lol)
MichelleS see I thought of you when I saw the age difference. It’s R’s book with a 15 year age gap. I thought May/Dec but Nay and Fabi don’t think that qualifies it needs to be bigger.
I think NA too, because that is how the heroine reads to me butFabi says CR. So idk ..*shrug*
But yeah I know you like that trope.
I can’t think of new ones off the top of my head, they do not seem as common. I know I saw one mentioned that is CR on a favorites list somewhere that I thought May be not for me though like the trope. I’ll try to find it.
I can’t remember the age gap in Devil in Spring though he definitely was a bit older, not too much, but it worked well I thought.
For women the only one I really liked was On the Island, a old Karen Robards one I read back in the day, and another Kleypas HR I really liked called Suddenly You.
And a K drama called I can Hear your voice. He can Hear people’s thoughts. I didn’t think I’d like it, but went with the recs and loved it. Especially because the heroine was not the perfect person he built up in his mind. Makes me want to research, lol.
Oh wait It is a lot like Sweet Gum Tree, a lot, but I really liked Deborah Smith’s A Place To Call Home. Older man/ younger woman meet when both kids.
Re watch not research.
I am not researching younger men who are mind readers.
MichelleS the book is The Bride by S. Doyle. Looks like it is KU. She is really young. It’s a reviewer that I have liked the same books as in the past, just wasn’t sure about this one. If you try it let me know.
It is hard though with all the irl horrible stories of older men going around right now to not pop into my mind.
If you like May-December and are ok with reading M/M, I really recommend September by Robert Winter. I will agree that the cover could be so much better!! It was in my top reads for 2017 and is free on KU if you want to give it a chance.
Thanks Kathy! Just downloaded it.
I’m in the same boat, Tasha. I have less time now than I did when I was writing!
Kathy – I LOVED September! Totally unforgettable!
“Do you have your passport?”
Uncharted by Julie Johnson
Was going to look for the nutella oreos tomorrow, but the doorbell just rang and I bought 4 boxes of girl scout cookies from my little neighbor!! Just had told my daughter I’m cutting back on junk because I haven’t worked out as much this winter. Well, guess that starts after I finish this box of Lemonades! 😉
Tessa, that’s what I hate about KU, I have to be diligent about adding it to my GR read list, since when I return it, there’s no record of it in my kindle read category. I know there is a history of KU books borrowed on my Amazon account, but sometimes I return the book after I change my mind about reading it. Would be great if there was a box you could check when returning that said read or not read.
Cheryl! Lemon cookies are the bestest!!!
Ooh! And I just found some (of course I bought them) Hot Cocoa Oreos…YUM!!
Yes, though there is a spot that shows your record on their website. They used to have a thing saying “you borrowed this on ** date” but got rid of it. Now, you go to the KU spot in your acct, and it shows everything you’ve checked out there.
I got 2 packs of the Nutella Oreos today, they’re so creamy! I also ordered GS cookies from my daughter’s old troop, but they won’t be here till end of February.
Still haven’t caught that reading time yet! Doesn’t help that I’ve been single mommin it for the past couple weeks. But, in my spare moments I’ve made lists. Lists of books and baby stuff and to dos and daily get me throughs. It makes me feel a little closer to achieving something.